Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

March Madness is here, which means Capitol One does commercials with Charles Barkley, Samuel L. Jackson, and Spike Lee. My favorite ones are the train and in Annapolis!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I like the disclaimer on the First Time flashback, saying kids aren't eligible for Capital One cards - "not even if they're little Samuel L. Jackson".  And little Spike Lee promising he'll never do it again when he jumps up and yells at the ref.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

It looks like guy seemed determined to get to know the girl, so I want to think he dismissed Flo's dumb cockblocking ass and walked over to the girl. 

He really did which I liked. He liked her back. I think they end up going out.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I hope so. They would make a cute couple. 

Yes, they would.  She thought she was the nerdy girl but I thought she was cute.  I know it's just a commercial but when he was walking towards her, I had flashback about a cute guy I knew in high school.  😉

• Love 7
9 hours ago, tres bien said:

Yes! Uber Eats got it's mojo back. 

Can't get enough of Leslie Jones!

I have big problems with Uber Eats business model, but it is a funny ad.

EVERYBODY WAS A MESS!

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I hate that she feels like she has to take off her glasses for him to find her attractive.

He was already walking towards her when she was wearing them, so I took it as her wanting him to see what she really looked like without them.  Plus, she quickly put them back on so I don't think the glasses were an issue for her.   

• Love 5
22 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

He really did which I liked. He liked her back. I think they end up going out.

I feel like she looked like a teenager and with the comment about her retainer (yes I know adults can have retainers also) that Flo stopped a pedo.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I feel like she looked like a teenager and with the comment about her retainer (yes I know adults can have retainers also) that Flo stopped a pedo.

This is definitely not on my favorite commercials list, but to be fair, the guy isn't that much older than the teen girls and this is not pedophilia.  Flo is just being her usual self-obsessed Progressive agent, popping in everywhere to promote her products.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

This is definitely not on my favorite commercials list, but to be fair, the guy isn't that much older than the teen girls and this is not pedophilia.  Flo is just being her usual self-obsessed Progressive agent, popping in everywhere to promote her products.

Yeah, I honestly don't think Progressive would want go there.

• Love 5

She's nowhere near young enough for it to be pedophilia (that refers to sexual attraction to children, not teenagers [basically, pre-pubescent]), but I thought they were teenagers until Flo started talking to him about renter's insurance and realized they're supposed to be young adults.  On closer look, I see that with the guy and the friend, but the woman with a crush still looks like a teenage girl to me.

3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Plus, she quickly put them back on so I don't think the glasses were an issue for her.   

She only put them back on when Flo interrupted him and she figured it wasn't going to happen; I'm sure she wouldn't have if he'd finished coming up to her.  And I have the same negative reaction to that as @Browncoat  It plays like OMG, the hot guy is coming towards me, I gotta take these glasses off.  Oh, never mind, my shot is ruined, glasses back on.  Miss me with that, Progressive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

There IS a Geico ad I like; I see it during Jeopardy! - It's a blue screen with the white letters spelling out GEICO dancing to a sprightly tune, celebrating 75 years of insuring. No voice over, no sales pitch. Just dancing letters. I always hum or whistle along to the tune.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Jesus, it's just a commercial. 

Oh, good, then we're in the right forum to discuss it.

I hadn't seen it when it was first posted about here, but that Kohl's commercial where the girl draws a hopscotch course on the sidewalk and sits on her front steps to see who uses it has been airing during a lot of things I watch the past few days, and it cheers me up every time.  The guy delivering packages is my favorite, but I like everyone's reactions, and the girl's reactions to them. 

Quite a few people in my and nearby neighborhoods have been creating sidewalk chalk art during the pandemic, and I saw a hopscotch course during one walk.  I wonder if there will be an increase in those following the commercial.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I hadn't seen it when it was first posted about here, but that Kohl's commercial where the girl draws a hopscotch course on the sidewalk and sits on her front steps to see who uses it has been airing during a lot of things I watch the past few days, and it cheers me up every time.  The guy delivering packages is my favorite, but I like everyone's reactions, and the girl's reactions to them. 

I like that one because the song that's playing in it is by Jon Batiste, the bandleader for Stephen Colbert's late night talk show. 

But yeah, the commercial as a whole is cute 🙂 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

I thought they were teenagers until Flo started talking to him about renter's insurance and realized they're supposed to be young adults. 

Yeah, they all look like high school kids to me so I wondered why Flo would be talking about renters insurance.  But that's Flo.

• Love 4

I don't normally like The General car insurance commercials but this one was funny.  I guess I can relate working in an office and getting the crappy desk.  Moving from the closet to the vending machine is NOT an upgrade but I love how he describes it as the primo desk. =D

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, they all look like high school kids to me so I wondered why Flo would be talking about renters insurance.  But that's Flo.

Yep, that's Flo, always popping up to remind people you can bundle auto and home insurances.  That's when she's not providing 24-hour assistance along with her crew.

I take it the two teen girls are old enough to drive, as is the young man to whom Flo wanted to provide her unsolicited assistance.  She also doubles as laundry monitor, rescuing retainers from the dryers.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

In addition to the “Scoop, There It Is” ad, the latest one that makes me smile every time is the Geico commercial with Dikembe Motombo blocking all the shots.  I have been wagging my finger and saying “Not in my house” at my husband and kids for weeks. Yes, they hate me.

I find I really get a kick out of most Geico and Progressive (even the ones with Flo) ads.  Those 2 Insurance companies obviously got to the best ad agencies before Liberty did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

In addition to the “Scoop, There It Is” ad, the latest one that makes me smile every time is the Geico commercial with Dikembe Motombo blocking all the shots.  I have been wagging my finger and saying “Not in my house” at my husband and kids for weeks. Yes, they hate me.

I like how he happily runs away laughing afterward :D. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I love that one! Especially when he swats the cereal box and it explodes!

• Love 13
On 3/6/2021 at 12:03 PM, sempervivum said:

Back to the General car insurance ads with Shaq. I actually look forward to the one with Shaq and a kid in a (?) school cafeteria. 'Slurp, slurp- Ahhhhh!' means 'NO'! 

I was going to mention that one after I caught up reading 4 pages!

And I hate the swatting the cereal box. But, different strokes for different folks.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

In addition to the “Scoop, There It Is” ad, the latest one that makes me smile every time is the Geico commercial with Dikembe Motombo blocking all the shots.

I literally just came here from Commercials that People Hate and this is the most recent example on there.  Different strokes, I guess.  Personally I have not seen it so have no opinion.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I find I really get a kick out of most Geico and Progressive (even the ones with Flo) ads.  Those 2 Insurance companies obviously got to the best ad agencies before Liberty did.

I was so glad to see that commercial back! Loved it. It's probably only a matter of time before our friend the Camel shows up again... Mikemikemikemikemike...

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

I was so glad to see that commercial back! Loved it. It's probably only a matter of time before our friend the Camel shows up again... Mikemikemikemikemike...

I remember Geico having a contest where people named their favorite commercial and the Camel won.   

HUMP DAYYYY!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Jeppardy! always shows the gecko showing a Geico ad as a Jeopardy! clue just before Final Jeopardy! It took me an embarrassing long time to figure out that they always show the camel ad on Wednesdays. 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, janie jones said:

I thought the two young ladies in the Progressive laundry room commercial were supposed to be roommates, which would make them old enough to live without their parents.

Yeah, the last time I saw this one, I arranged in my mind that they are all college students living off campus. So both retainers and renters insurance are age appropriate for everybody. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Jeppardy! always shows the gecko showing a Geico ad as a Jeopardy! clue just before Final Jeopardy! It took me an embarrassing long time to figure out that they always show the camel ad on Wednesdays. 😉

In these days of Lockdown and losing track of the days, that's the only way I actually know it's Wednesday.  LOL

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I remember Geico having a contest where people named their favorite commercial and the Camel won.   

HUMP DAYYYY!!!

Whoo-WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

17 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I loved and still love the Geico camel. ❤️

Me too. I found something so funny about watching his feet as he just sauntered around the office. 

• Love 5
On 3/24/2021 at 8:36 PM, Bastet said:

Quite a few people in my and nearby neighborhoods have been creating sidewalk chalk art during the pandemic, and I saw a hopscotch course during one walk.  I wonder if there will be an increase in those following the commercial.

It always brings up feeling of inadequacy in me.  I grew up on a farm, no sidewalks, no sister, just a brother, and when I went to school, it seemed like I was the only girl who didn't know how hopscotch worked.  Other kids made fun of me, and I never did learn.

9 minutes ago, zoey1996 said:

It always brings up feeling of inadequacy in me.  I grew up on a farm, no sidewalks, no sister, just a brother, and when I went to school, it seemed like I was the only girl who didn't know how hopscotch worked.  Other kids made fun of me, and I never did learn.

Even though it was not my experience drawing sidewalk hopscotch , it still twinges on my heart strings that she does it to make her neighbors happy...

• Love 7
9 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Taking to small talk...

• Love 2

I’m enjoying the Spectrum Wireless ads, with the families struggling with their internet. They have things like bricks and a fish instead of their devices.  The actors are very subtly funny. I laugh every time dad asks if she backed up and the mom says, “YOU back it up!”