Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

This may have been mentioned before, but it's the first time I saw it. M&Ms, I'm sorry for mansplaining, I'm sorry for calling you Karen. "My names Karen." I had a good laugh and now want M&Ms.

Lots of nods to memes.

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

AmeriSave, something you'll never regret, unlike his perm, or his cats. His life as an involuntary cat lady man will haunt him forever. I think I hurt my spleen laughing.

• LOL 9
(edited)

I like the M & M sorry commercial scene with the parishioner apologizing to the priest after confession, because the priest had to listen to "all of that".   And I still wonder if the Red M & M escaped Dan Levy's car.  

The Allstate commercial with the Opportunities song by Pet Shop Boys, with the singing hood ornament, the driver is Devere Rogers. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I like the M & M sorry commercial scene with the parishioner apologizing to the priest after confession, because the priest had to listen to "all of that".   And I still wonder if the Red M & M escaped Dan Levy's car.  

The M&M commercials are usually pretty funny.

• Love 5

Here in Michigan, my two favorite commercials just aired back to back. The first one is for Kohl’s department store and shows a 10 or 12-year-old girl sitting on her front steps of her house watching as people go by on the sidewalk where she has drawn a hopscotch. They show people walking down the street and actually doing the hopscotch, and    The look on this little girl’s face is absolutely precious!

The second commercial I love is for Brawny paper towels pick a square, & the guy singing a little ditty...the last line is “When your labrador shows you too much love” &  it shows a gal sleeping on her couch and her puppy comes up and licks her face! Too, too, cute! (My golden doodle once licked me when I was laughing and had my mouth open… Now that’s just gross!!) 

Anyhow, I don’t know how to do cut and paste for commercials, but if any of you know how to do that, I think everyone would get a big kick out of these two commercials!  Very clever as well as heartwarming.

• Love 8

I  don't know if you mean the 4 square Bounty towels, but I love them!  Normal towels split towels are 1/2 size  these are each cut in half so a quarter square. Very handy and I really like them1

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

The first one is for Kohl’s department store and shows a 10 or 12-year-old girl sitting on her front steps of her house watching as people go by on the sidewalk where she has drawn a hopscotch

I just saw that one. I loved it.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I  don't know if you mean the 4 square Bounty towels, but I love them!  Normal towels split towels are 1/2 size  these are each cut in half so a quarter square. Very handy and I really like them1

Yes Gramto6...That’s the one! And I do plan to get a roll of those to try them out the next time I go to the store, not only on your recommendation, but because I love their commercial so much!  And thank you for your comment, by the way. PS. I am a gram to 2! I can’t imagine having six of them! You must be broke all the time!😀

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Maizie131 said:

Yes Gramto6...That’s the one! And I do plan to get a roll of those to try them out the next time I go to the store, not only on your recommendation, but because I love their commercial so much!  And thank you for your comment, by the way. PS. I am a gram to 2! I can’t imagine having six of them! You must be broke all the time!😀

Fortunately their birthdays are pretty spread out, but Christmas gets expensive. 🙂 5 girls and one baby boy. Two are in college, one a high school senior, my DS's kids. The other 3 are small my DD's kids.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, nokat said:

I just saw that one. I loved it.

I also admit that I try to not disturb the hopscotch other than hopping through it. I'm probably on instagram with my fat ass hopping, but if it gives someone joy I'm all for it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 3/3/2021 at 9:12 PM, Maizie131 said:

Here in Michigan, my two favorite commercials just aired back to back. The first one is for Kohl’s department store and shows a 10 or 12-year-old girl sitting on her front steps of her house watching as people go by on the sidewalk where she has drawn a hopscotch. They show people walking down the street and actually doing the hopscotch, and    The look on this little girl’s face is absolutely precious!

The second commercial I love is for Brawny paper towels pick a square, & the guy singing a little ditty...the last line is “When your labrador shows you too much love” &  it shows a gal sleeping on her couch and her puppy comes up and licks her face! Too, too, cute! (My golden doodle once licked me when I was laughing and had my mouth open… Now that’s just gross!!) 

Anyhow, I don’t know how to do cut and paste for commercials, but if any of you know how to do that, I think everyone would get a big kick out of these two commercials!  Very clever as well as heartwarming.

I love that commercial! That girl is so sweet!

Love the Brawny 4 square one too ...love them!

8 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Back to the General car insurance ads with Shaq. I actually look forward to the one with Shaq and a kid in a (?) school cafeteria. 'Slurp, slurp- Ahhhhh!' means 'NO'! 😂

I kind of like the awfulness of the idea of the grilled skunk one... 🤮

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

There are others without Shaq that aren't nearly as funny - like the guy forced to move his desk into the wet mop closet.

Yeah they are all silly, smell the mops in the closet or the roasting skunk....

(edited)

II'll admit I'm a pre-existing fan, but I'm really enjoying the Jason Alexander Hoodie spot for Tide. I like the concept, wondering if celebs do cringe  a bit when their face-planted apparel is worn "disrespectfully." Also like the changing expressions on the hoodie, but using Believe it of Not, and its callback to George's Answering Machine, that just sends Must See TV shivers up my spine.

Edited by SG429
  • Love 10
(edited)

I didn't even realize that was Jason Alexander.  I was just telling my son earlier today that I thought the song (which I love) was badly used.  But now I know whose face it is I understand the use of the song - George's answering machine message.  Too bad I never liked George.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 1

I like the Voltaren commercial with Paula Abdul dancing with the earlier version of herself, even though it's on a lot.  I laugh though when she says she won't be stopped by "the doubts, the distractions and the voice in her head," because when she was an American Idol judge she was perpetually distracted when it came time to give her critiques (she said Simon Cowell was always saying things in her ear to crack her up or make her forget what she intended to say).

• Love 7
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 10:58 PM, nokat said:

AmeriSave, something you'll never regret, unlike his perm, or his cats. His life as an involuntary cat lady man will haunt him forever. I think I hurt my spleen laughing.

The long version, where you see that the guy actually invented the shampoo which draws all the cats is even funnier.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm kind of loving the recent General Insurance commercials in which they acknowledge that people may think the General is some "Johnny come lately" insurance company.  I've always thought it was some cut-rate, fly-by-night insurance company that overcharged drivers who couldn't get insurance any where else, and I wondered how this scam company could afford Shaquille O'Neal as their spokesman. I still wouldn't change insurance companies, but for some reason, I'm reassured that it's legit.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I'm kind of loving the recent General Insurance commercials in which they acknowledge that people may think the General is some "Johnny come lately" insurance company.  I've always thought it was some cut-rate, fly-by-night insurance company that overcharged drivers who couldn't get insurance any where else, and I wondered how this scam company could afford Shaquille O'Neal as their spokesman. I still wouldn't change insurance companies, but for some reason, I'm reassured that it's legit.

I was such a maniac when I was young, I could only get car insurance from Lloyds of London. Not so cheap, believe me.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I feel the exact same way. I don't know if they're trying to seem down-home or something, but if they can afford a celebrity spokesperson, I don't know why they haven't been putting out higher-quality commercials this whole time so people don't think they're shady.

• Love 8

Call me a sap, but I'm touched by the Walmart ad that shows someone picking up a pot of pansies at Walmart, which came from a US family grower, who can stay in business and hire people, etc. - because you bought that pot of pansies from Walmart. The commercial includes a message that Walmart has added 750 million new 'made or assembled in the US' products.

Mind you, I run an event venue in a garden, and we buy all our stuff from local mom-and-pop plant centers (except for my bargain hunter husband's occasional raids on the big box clearance plants). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Love the new Geico commercial with the lady biker and garage workers singing "Build Me Up Buttercup." Just tack any old classic 50s, 60s, or 70s tune into a commercial and you've pretty much got me. Then I go to YT and play the whole darn song, lol.

• Love 13

One of my current faves is the McDonald's one featuring a college-aged girl, ordering different things (e.g. hot chocolate, iced coffee, etc) during the various seasons. I like the actress - she seems very natural, just like any regular person you might actually see at a McDonald's - and the overall simplicity of the commercial. 

• Love 4
On 3/17/2021 at 6:44 PM, SnarkySheep said:

One of my current faves is the McDonald's one featuring a college-aged girl, ordering different things (e.g. hot chocolate, iced coffee, etc) during the various seasons. I like the actress - she seems very natural, just like any regular person you might actually see at a McDonald's - and the overall simplicity of the commercial. 

I absolutely love that commercial, especially the longer version, which doesn't just feature that incredibly appealing actor at college-age (though I love that version, too). The longest I've seen shows her as a child, then slightly older child, then at college, then what looks she and her friends before her pre-wedding party and the morning after (they sure look like they had fun). Forward to her ordering Happy Meals for one, two, then three kids, and last, driving to bring McD's to one of her kids in college. So simple but so well done, and the actor is definitely a find.   https://www.ispot.tv/ad/tJwe/my-mcdonalds-rewards-loyal

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, Darian said:

I absolutely love that commercial, especially the longer version, which doesn't just feature that incredibly appealing actor at college-age (though I love that version, too). The longest I've seen shows her as a child, then slightly older child, then at college, then what looks she and her friends before her pre-wedding party and the morning after (they sure look like they had fun). Forward to her ordering Happy Meals for one, two, then three kids, and last, driving to bring McD's to one of her kids in college. So simple but so well done, and the actor is definitely a find.   https://www.ispot.tv/ad/tJwe/my-mcdonalds-rewards-loyal

Never saw that one! Thanks for letting me know it exists 😀

• Love 4