Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Bastet said:

That was me until two years ago; until then, I didn't have a car with GPS (and I don't have a smart phone).  Well, I didn't print them, as all those steps wasted paper, but I wrote down on scrap paper the parts I needed to know.

until I mastered my smart phone I too printed out directions! I much prefer to hear Siri or whoever tell me where to turn than to keep glancing down at my papers though. 🙂  

17 hours ago, janie jones said:

To be honest, the fascinating thing about this series of commercials is seeing the two camps here of "I totally do this stuff / there's nothing wrong with this stuff" and "my parents totally do this stuff." I'd love to see an age breakdown.

At first I was little miffed at the one where he has the women throw out the "Live love laugh" and "No backtalk..." signs because I have those types of things in my house, but it is funny because I have become my mom!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think it's more of a state of mind.

That's why I'd like to see an age breakdown. Like, are people old enough to be a first-time homeowner's parent or are they younger? (Note: I'm not actually asking anyone's age; I just think it's interesting.)

• Love 1
On 1/4/2021 at 8:52 AM, peacheslatour said:

"He has blue hair!"

"BLUE!"

I crack up every time that comes on.  When hubby and I are out and about (rare these days) and I see someone with colored hair, I need to blurt it out:  "They have BLUE HAIR!"  followed by "BLUE!"  

And defense DOES win championships.  Duh.

On 1/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, BexKeps said:

Because this is what I have to tell my 79 year old father every time we go out (past tense due to covid) I laugh so hard at this one. I also laugh at the "if you printed out directions to get here..." because, again, my dad does this.  

But can your dad print out a PDF?  

• LOL 11
1 minute ago, BexKeps said:

@Mrs. Hanson, lol, no he can't! I'm pretty sure he has no ide what one is either. I think these commercials are hilarious, there's nothing wrong with any of the "habits", it's just funny that we always turn into our parents. 🙂 

I agree, I think that is why I fund them so funny!!!  My hubby just told me his mom can't cut and paste - I did not believe him!!  She is not THAT in the dark, lol!!!  She does print out directions to everyplace she goes, lol!

I am 56 (today!) and I have told my kids - let me know when I am getting "old" - please!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree, I think that is why I fund them so funny!!!  My hubby just told me his mom can't cut and paste - I did not believe him!!  She is not THAT in the dark, lol!!!  She does print out directions to everyplace she goes, lol!

I am 56 (today!) and I have told my kids - let me know when I am getting "old" - please!!!

Happy Birthday Mrs. Hanson! I hope you have a lovely birthday without too much stress. Ah, to be 56 again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Happy Birthday Mrs. Hanson! I hope you have a lovely birthday without too much stress. Ah, to be 56 again.

Thank you!  No eating out in my state (I am fine with that) so dinner in (hubs is cooking) and an early bedtime.  Ah.....yes.  Soon I might have blue hair for real!!!!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Happy Birthday @Mrs. Hanson! I'm 53 and my daughters already tease me about my 'old age'!! I gave up on IG and Twitter because I just don't get the draw of looking at strangers photoshopped pics and dumb comments, my kids just roll their eyes at me. I'm gonna get a(nother) sign that says "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

But can your dad print out a PDF?  

My mom can't-she's not even sure what PDFs are. I had to try and help her download one recently (though, in her defense, some of that was her workplace's fault-they'd sent her the wrong thing to try and download stuff from by mistake). 

ETA; Echoing the birthday wishes, @Mrs. Hanson :)! Hope you're having a good day. 

Edited by Annber03
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

My mom can't-she's not even sure what PDFs are. I had to try and help her download one recently (though, in her defense, some of that was her workplace's fault-they'd sent her the wrong thing to try and download stuff from by mistake). 

ETA; Echoing the birthday wishes, @Mrs. Hanson :)! Hope you're having a good day. 

It's funny to me because my mom had a computer before I did. Our son had his own in his room for games and school work but I couldn't see the point (mid nineties) but my mom had one because she was all about Ebay. She knew how to log in, print, buy things with Pay Pal and email way before I did. I just thought of them as things I used at work.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Still loving the Liberty Mutual "Christmas morning" ad where one kid is so excited to get insurance bundling and the other is disappointed and mad about getting a bike and kicks the bike. The best is the Mom's face at the end - she's so nerdy and hilarious.

Those enormous '70s glasses!  What were we thinking?

Happy birthday, Mrs Hanson!

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, BexKeps said:

At first I was little miffed at the one where he has the women throw out the "Live love laugh" and "No backtalk..." signs because I have those types of things in my house, but it is funny because I have become my mom!!!!!!!!!

I love the way that he lets the Live Love Laugh sign-owner put it in the trash can while everyone applauds, but by the time the other woman says "No fussin', no cussin'" he snatches the sign and throws it away with some force. It seems even Dr. Rick can reach a breaking point😄

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

She just can't with that shit.

The way she turns and walks away says it all. Even though I find the musicians singing "scoops, there it is" and the mom and then the dad getting into it hilarious.

• LOL 15
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I like the one guy shouting, "SPRINKLES!" as he tosses some in the air at the end :D. 

My 5 year old twins love that one. And copying it. 😂

Just now, QuinnInND said:

My 5 year old twins love that one. And they're copying it. 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I have a slightly different take on the Liberty Mutual Nostalgia Christmas commercial. I want that doll house! I think it would fit my 16" dolls perfectly! And it reminds me of the tin litho doll houses I had as a kid, and to be honest, I have 2 of them currently that I've found at flea markets.

• Love 4
On 12/4/2020 at 8:26 AM, Ashforth said:

Maybe this will work:

Yay! It did! I think this is a hilarious ad and the actor playing the dad does a great job. His incredulous "When did we get a cat?" cracks me up every time.

Somehow I have never seen the Flaming Hot one that I can recall, but I find it equally funny. Again, the actor playing the dad nails it with his facial expressions and line delivery. "I bet we were robbed!" I think the actors playing the wife and kids are also excellent in both commercials.

Don't these kids on the couch look like every kid in every "family meeting" ever? LOL

And I leanred a new word... "Cheetle" - Cheetos dust/debris!😅

Gotta admit I love this one...

At least Charlie Sheen seems to be in on the joke about himself. I think.

https://www.singlecare.com/blog/singlecare-commercials-martin-charlie-sheen/

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I love the Downy Wrinkle Guard commercial where nana and pop pop are in the linen closet trying get something off the top shelf and the kid hears them and think they're doing the nasty. "Ah, hi Joshy."

I don't know why the grandparents are acting guilty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, peacheslatour said:

I love the Downy Wrinkle Guard commercial where nana and pop pop are in the linen closet trying get something off the top shelf and the kid hears them and think they're doing the nasty. "Ah, hi Joshy."

I don't like this one.  Granny is making ridiculous noises in the closet and Joshy jumps to the conclusion that the grands are having sex in the closet?  Gross.

• Love 2

My fav comm right now is from Autonation and their Drive Pink (DRV PNK) campaign.  The song is Andy Grammar, 'Cancer Free' and it has such a contagious beat you want to just start dancing everytime.  And all the patients successfully ringing that bell, from Elders down to all the Kiddos its the gamut.  Its just such an uplifting video, tears me up everytime

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Haleth said:

I don't like this one.  Granny is making ridiculous noises in the closet and Joshy jumps to the conclusion that the grands are having sex in the closet?  Gross.

Well, it's because her shirt is wrinkled! Once she uses Wrinkle Guard, the same scenario occurs and Joshy is all cool with it.

Wrinkle Guard: use it and you can fuck all day without grossing out your grandkids.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 1/9/2021 at 3:05 PM, Ashforth said:

The way she turns and walks away says it all. Even though I find the musicians singing "scoops, there it is" and the mom and then the dad getting into it hilarious.

LOVE this commercial!  Seeing mom and dad dancing was just so funny.  I think I just really enjoy seeing them having fun and feeling their younger days.  And seeing Tag Team there spoofing their own song really shows what a wonderful sense of humor they have about it.  Good job all around!

On 1/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, Ashforth said:

I love the way that he lets the Live Love Laugh sign-owner put it in the trash can while everyone applauds, but by the time the other woman says "No fussin', no cussin'" he snatches the sign and throws it away with some force. It seems even Dr. Rick can reach a breaking point😄

Dr. Rick at the seminar is just so funny!  "Guess what the waiter doesn't need to know your name."

• Love 15

J.G.Wentworth- the boy band version of the infamous 'I Need Cash Now' jingle: Boy Band

Apparently this is from 5 years ago; I don't remember ever seeing it. A bit dated, but more skillfully done than the Pepto-Bismol 'Nausea Heartburn Indigestion DIARRHEA ' boy band one.

• Love 2

The "I speak turtle" commercial - I have no idea why but it cracks me up everytime I see it. I know it's for pistachios but no idea about who's actually selling them (so commercial fail?) but anyway I need things that make me laugh right now and this one does it for me!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

LOVE this commercial!  Seeing mom and dad dancing was just so funny.  I think I just really enjoy seeing them having fun and feeling their younger days.  And seeing Tag Team there spoofing their own song really shows what a wonderful sense of humor they have about it.  Good job all around!

That commercial just plain makes me happy every time it airs.  I love the daughter's I can't with this retreat, but I also love the way Tag Team and the parents totally get into the spirit.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

The "I speak turtle" commercial - I have no idea why but it cracks me up everytime I see it. I know it's for pistachios but no idea about who's actually selling them (so commercial fail?) but anyway I need things that make me laugh right now and this one does it for me!

Ok you're speaking of the turtle talking to the other two gentlemen in advertising about not having shells in pistachios. 

This is my favorite commercial from that set of "oh no now you look upset John."

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I finally saw the Geico bagpipe / pipe noises commercial.   That was funny. 

I finally saw it last night and it is funny. I like this "story line" some more than others but it is a really good idea.

• Love 6

My two favorite Dr. Rick scenes:

1) in the group trip to the store, when the lady is on speaker phone yammering about how she’s having a BIG LUNCH, AND JUST A SNACK FOR DINNER.  That is my mom...putting her calls on speaker in public spaces, but only after she answers it by saying “Hello? Hello?? HELLOO???”  in ever increasing intensity and volume because she “can’t hear a thing in this noisy store”.

2) the seminar when Dr. Rick says “You got up early.  No one cares.”  Again, my mom.  She will call me (then my sister)to enumerate  all the tasks she’s completed since rising at 4:30.  Then shame me for “still” being in bed at 7am.  On a Sunday.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 12/28/2020 at 5:44 PM, Popples said:

I actually like this commercial because I remember when that song came out and I hated it. But I like this version lol and the man and woman dancing good old 90s 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

1) in the group trip to the store, when the lady is on speaker phone yammering about how she’s having a BIG LUNCH, AND JUST A SNACK FOR DINNER.  That is my mom...putting her calls on speaker in public spaces, but only after she answers it by saying “Hello? Hello?? HELLOO???”  in ever increasing intensity and volume because she “can’t hear a thing in this noisy store”.

I've observed that older people (i.e., "parents") are more likely to use speaker phone in public, but people of all ages seem equally likely to use FaceTime, which has the same impact on the people around them, so this item falls flat for me.

1 hour ago, janie jones said:

I've observed that older people (i.e., "parents") are more likely to use speaker phone in public, but people of all ages seem equally likely to use FaceTime, which has the same impact on the people around them, so this item falls flat for me.

Yep and I've yet to notice an older person sitting in public playing a game or watching a movie at full volume.  Makes me long for the days when the only self entitled people out there sharing their noise were the idiots with their boom boxes.  Well ok I'm lying I don't want that either.  What happened to headphones?  Are they a thing of the past now?

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/14/2021 at 1:51 PM, Nicmar said:

I actually like this commercial because I remember when that song came out and I hated it. But I like this version lol and the man and woman dancing good old 90s 

I LOVE this  commercial!! I especially like the way that the teenage girl nopes right out of there at the end.🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I LOVE this  commercial!! I especially like the way that the teenage girl nopes right out of there at the end.🤣🤣🤣

Also, at the very end, I love how the mom quickly switches to the right with the dancing.   

Edited by Crashcourse
right, not left
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 1/9/2021 at 12:38 PM, peacheslatour said:

I love the Geico commercial with the ice cream scoops, where everyone starts singing and dancing, but the teenaged daughter walks out of the room. 

I came here just to comment on that commercial.  That song brought back memories.  The daughter's mortified look over her parents dancing was funny, but not as much as the 'choco-laca, choco-laca, choco-laca' while the Tag Team guys are squeezing chocolate sauce on the ice cream

• Love 13