Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I like the Subway commercial with Marshawn Lynch rolling around in a giant tire because it reminds me of when I was 3 and my grandpa let me climb into a tire (in a nice dress that I didn't care for) and rocked it back and forth for a while.  He got in trouble with Mom and Grandma for this (though it couldn't have been too much because someone took a picture of me in the tire).  It's not a good sign though that I had to look up what this commercial was for a few hours later; I remembered it being for tires.

• LOL 8

I keep forgetting to mention this one. It’s been around for years but I still love it, the Citi commercial with the woman who buys a scarf and carrots and makes 3 snowmen for her husband to see when he gets home. The fact that they aren’t that young makes me think they’ve had fertility issues for years and now she is finally pregnant. It makes me happy for them. 

• Love 10

There is a new Mcdonalds McCafe commercial on right now - I don't care about the commercial itself really what I love is that they are showing two guys in front of very realistic looking houses!  Normal houses that the average person going to McDonalds would be living in not the McMansions so beloved by most people making TV  shows and commercials that pretend to be about regular people!

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 8

I really like Brad's Jimmy John commercial too.    However, the location in my town is not easy to get to because of the traffic on that one corner.      I understand their subs are fantastic though. 

We also have a Jersey Mike's closer, but I don't much about their subs.    I need to do research on both.  

It's funny, local stations here will have a Subway commercial, then almost immediately the JJ's and Jersey MIke's following.  They're making me hungry.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really like Brad's Jimmy John commercial too.    However, I understand that if you let JJ's put their oil/vinegar mixture on your sub, it will be a lot of oil, so you've been warned.    I understand their subs are fantastic though. 

Just so it's not mayonnaise- blech.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bankerchick said:

Hilarious, but I don't get why he calls them 'JimmyJohns. 

I can't tell whether they're going for him being too dense to get the name right or him dissing the competition by intentionally using the wrong name. 

I've never heard of Jimmy John's, but I looked it up and there about a dozen in the greater Los Angeles area.  Who knew?  (I know, a whole lot of people who aren't me.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I can't tell whether they're going for him being too dense to get the name right or him dissing the competition by intentionally using the wrong name. 

I've never heard of Jimmy John's, but I looked it up and there about a dozen in the greater Los Angeles area.  Who knew?  (I know, a whole lot of people who aren't me.)

There's one right down the street from us. I've never eaten there but my husband orders from them for his staff during the holidays when his crew is working really long hours. I've seen the sandwiches, I was not impressed. They look nothing like what they showed in that commercial.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Bastet said:

It could be an Italian/Jersey Shore/jabroni type of slang.  I used to live in an Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn and the guys around there have that sort of way of speaking.   

The final scene of them burning down the JJ sign and the sign falling on their car is hilarious!

Btw I love JJ but ita dont get oil and vinegar on the sandwich or it will be soooo friggin greasy!

• Love 3

Apparently one of the appeals of Jimmy Johns is that you can customize your order and they'll do anything you ask.  My son asked them to draw a giraffe on the bag.  They did.  It was really good. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Jimmy John has said he no longer trophy hunts. I have a tendency to believe him because if he still were, there'd be pictures. There are none.  I boycotted him for about 6 years because of that, but lockdown broke my resolve.  Yeah, the sandwiches don't look like the pictures, but...it even says that on the website. They ARE tasty, inexpensive, and they DO deliver "freaky fast."

One time, I received my lunch, took a sip of the lemonade, and immediately called them back - it tasted like water. In less than 15 minutes, there was a knock on my door. The lady on the bicycle brought me a new, tasty lemonade.  (I thought beverage dispensers let them know when they're low on the syrup.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

They ARE tasty, inexpensive, and they DO deliver "freaky fast."

They are freaky fast.  There have been times I've gotten my sandwich before I've finished paying for it.  I don't eat there a lot, but I do like their subs.  And that commercial is good, too.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Jersey Mike's and Jimmy John's are sooo good. I'd never go to Subway again.  

Topic? The twin girls in the Hersey kiss commercial are so cute. Love that commercial. 

I'm not sure if everybody heard about this but Ireland restricts Subway from calling their "bread" bread. The sugar content is so high, it's considered cake.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm not sure if everybody heard about this but Ireland restricts Subway from calling their "bread" bread. The sugar content is so high, it's considered cake.

Did you learn that from Mike Colameco on one of his "The Bite"?

• Love 1

I get a big laugh out of the latest General (auto insurance) ad with Shaq, who's been left in the woods, and looks like a grizzled mountain man. The 2 guys who dumped him there have come back to apologize, and Shaq says 'Give me 5 minutes. The skunk is almost done'. His delivery is very funny, imo.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

I get a big laugh out of the latest General (auto insurance) ad with Shaq, who's been left in the woods, and looks like a grizzled mountain man. The 2 guys who dumped him there have come back to apologize, and Shaq says 'Give me 5 minutes. The skunk is almost done'. His delivery is very funny, imo.

That commercial caused us to Google "is skunk edible?" Why, yes, yes it is. In fact they said it was less bony than squirrel or raccoon but not as meaty as rabbit. Either way, bleh.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 2/8/2021 at 8:20 AM, Ashforth said:

Drake from State Farm.

That is all.

I LOVE this ad, too! I stop what I'm doing to watch all of it.

It's got Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, and Jake talking about their "stand-ins". Aaron's is a guy that bares no resemblance to him at all. Patrick's stand-in is Paul Rudd. HILARIOUS! Then, there is "Drake... from State Farm" ! Move over, Jake, you're getting in the way. lol

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • Love 3
On 2/17/2021 at 10:12 PM, TexasTiffany said:

I LOVE this ad, too! I stop what I'm doing to watch all of it.

It's got Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, and Jake talking about their "stand-ins". Aaron's is a guy that bares no resemblance to him at all. Patrick's stand-in is Paul Rudd. HILARIOUS! Then, there is "Drake... from State Farm" ! Move over, Jake, you're getting in the way. lol

Plus Aaron's is the same SuperFan guy from a year or two ago who follows him everywhere and yells "RODGERS!!!!"  all the time.  I can always appreciate Packer fans who can poke fun of themselves, plus Paul Rudd is a diehard Chiefs fan, so this commercial really did have it all!

• Love 8
On 2/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, xaxat said:

I don't feel comfortable hearing Kermit the Frog's voice coming out of that other creature's mouth. (And in case you're wondering, I'm also uncomfortable seeing Jeremy Irons speak because I don't feel comfortable hearing Scar's voice coming out of a human being.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

I don't feel comfortable hearing Kermit the Frog's voice coming out of that other creature's mouth. (And in case you're wondering, I'm also uncomfortable seeing Jeremy Irons speak because I don't feel comfortable hearing Scar's voice coming out of a human being.)

Lol, how do you feel about James Earl Jones?

• LOL 5

This is a pretty old bunch, but I was reminded of it when I was reading a list of favorite Super Bowl Commercials.  There was series about 25 years ago from Bud Ice with penguins that I thought were great.

What I loved about these commercials, despite that they were funny, was that they were Penguins and that's my hockey team.  Rugrat #1 was about 2 when these commercials came out, and as parents do, we'd ask him what sounds different animals play.  My husband asked him what a penguin says, expecting something like "He scores" since we watched a lot of hockey.  Imagine our surprise when his answer to that question was "Doobie-doobie-doo." 

• LOL 9