Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I love the Bacardi commercial, with everyone dancing. 

The Fisher-Price commercials with the Giant Baby are so cute.     Actually, I like all of their commercials. 

I just saw the Ritz Cracker family commercial, and it was lovely. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Maybe I’m feeling overly generous, but I just saw one for Walmart (or Walmart.com?) that I kinda like. They were showing all the “new” things we were doing in 2020 and of course how Walmart helped out there. 

On 11/25/2020 at 8:13 PM, Twilight Man said:

I remember this toy back in the 80s.

(No, it's not Teddy Ruxpin, although I hear he's back too!!!!)

It was that truck with the claws that came out of its tires.

I'm sure many of you guys who were little boys back in the 80s had this truck.

I still remember that commercial back in the 80s as well.

Now, I sit through a commercial break, and lo and behold, IT'S BACK!!!!!

It's back and packaged as a sort of virtual reality video game-like object, but it's still a toy truck. I don't want to think of myself as someone to get into hand-wringing about the sensory assault ads like this are on kids, but damn. This is hard-wiring their brains to require constant over the top input. Christ, I sound like a nut.

Thankfully, once the kid gets the truck, it's a toy truck! A tactile object to play with and use one's imagination to go on adventures.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:16 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Maybe I’m feeling overly generous, but I just saw one for Walmart (or Walmart.com?) that I kinda like. They were showing all the “new” things we were doing in 2020 and of course how Walmart helped out there. 

My Walmart boycott of many years stands strong, but I can't help loving them a little for using "You're All I Need to Get By" in this year's ads. It's such a great song, sung beautifully. I never get tired of those ads. Damn you, Walmart! *shakes fist*

• Love 6
On 11/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, HyeChaps said:

Every time I see the Kohl's commercial with the little girl at the window exchanging messages with the neighbor, I choke up and tear up.

I was going to make exactly this comment in the holiday commercials thread, but figured someone had brought it up somewhere, because it's so good. I'm glad I looked because that ad is so good I'm glad others love it, too. I tear up every single time. 

• Love 5

The Cheetos Lie Detector ad with the cat - most of it's stupid, but I watch it for the kitty paw prints and the "When did we get a cat?" line.

Cheetos "The Lie Detector" - YouTube

(Don't know why this isn't posting as a link, but if you google it, it should take you there.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, Brookside said:

The Cheetos Lie Detector ad with the cat - most of it's stupid, but I watch it for the kitty paw prints and the "When did we get a cat?" line.

Cheetos "The Lie Detector" - YouTube

(Don't know why this isn't posting as a link, but if you google it, it should take you there.)

Maybe this will work:

Yay! It did! I think this is a hilarious ad and the actor playing the dad does a great job. His incredulous "When did we get a cat?" cracks me up every time.

Somehow I have never seen the Flaming Hot one that I can recall, but I find it equally funny. Again, the actor playing the dad nails it with his facial expressions and line delivery. "I bet we were robbed!" I think the actors playing the wife and kids are also excellent in both commercials.

Don't these kids on the couch look like every kid in every "family meeting" ever? LOL

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, xaxat said:

This is really going to be on Lifetime.

Is it for real real going to be on Lifetime?  It's  called a mini-movie, so I feel like this was the whole thing.  And it was pure delight.

• Love 3

It's only 15 minutes long, but yes, it's real.

This is pretty funny-

KFC article:  " The folks at KFC have a great sense of humor and they play it up in their social media and one-off products like their limited edition KFC 11 Herbs & Spices Firelog. If you follow closely their Twitter page, you’ll notice that they only follow 11 accounts—the members of the Spice Girls and people named Herb".

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

The Allstate commercial with the guy who lives on an island, and puts water on the stove for coffee, gets in his car, drives to get some fish, some bread, some butter, drives home and is there right in time that the water was boiling. Looks at his Allstate app and he drove 1.1 miles. I love that island. Is that a real place? I could totally deal with living there. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

The Allstate commercial with the guy who lives on an island, and puts water on the stove for coffee, gets in his car, drives to get some fish, some bread, some butter, drives home and is there right in time that the water was boiling. Looks at his Allstate app and he drove 1.1 miles. I love that island. Is that a real place? I could totally deal with living there. 

Here you go - two islands off Norway connected by a bridge.

Allstate Island

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I love the Allstate commercial on the Norwegian islands but the inhabitants are probably saying "nooooo!!!" because so many people want to travel there.  I imagine there are travel restrictions due to COVID but I think they're still antsy, lol.  

• Love 6

20 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Here you go - two islands off Norway connected by a bridge.

Allstate Island

Thank you for posting this. I'd never seen the commercial and from the description above, I didn't realize that someone remained at home when he left. I was appalled that no one was appalled that he left the burner on and unattended!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Current favorite: Lenny Kravitz for Y/Yves St. Laurent perfume. What an amazing looking man.

He is HOT HOT HOT even though rumor has it that his personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately, I will never have to be concerned about that! He is a beautiful man.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ashforth said:

He is HOT HOT HOT even though rumor has it that his personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe that's their pitch - "Don't bathe?  No problem; just douse yourself in Yves St. Laurent, and you can still have the ladies wild for you."

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

He is HOT HOT HOT even though rumor has it that his personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately, I will never have to be concerned about that! He is a beautiful man.

Or, perhaps you could offer to take a shower with him and you could hold the loofah.  Yeow!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I have read/heard the same thing about Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Matthew McConahoweverhespellsit.  Something weird that pretty men don't bathe. It's like they're trying to find someone to love them for who they are, not how they look. Feh. I don't care so much how you look, you just better be clean & smell like good soap.  (Personally, I like the Dove MenCare+ green soap. It smells SO good.)

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 7
On 12/14/2020 at 5:53 AM, Zahdii said:

I love that one!  I tear up every time.

It makes me tear up too.  I was doing something similar with a neighbor early in the pandemic where Cat PurrsALot would wave to their cat in the window.   With all of the things that are being captured in commercials about how people are dealing with the pandemic and shelter in place, I really like this commercial because it shows one of the positive things that people are doing.  I have friends in NYC that were posting messages in windows letting neighbors know they were okay. This happened even with neighbors they hadn't met because you get used to seeing someone's lights turn on at a certain time or having a glimpse of them in a window.  Not spying; just the normal pattern of life. The commercial is very sweet and very real. 

• Love 12
On 12/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, bankerchick said:

Or, perhaps you could offer to take a shower with him and you could hold the loofah.  Yeow!

I'm a little slow these days, so it took me a minute get "hold the loofah" 🤣 🤣 Love it!

• LOL 3
On 12/18/2020 at 10:14 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

I have read/heard the same thing about Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, and Matthew McConahoweverhespellsit.  Something weird that pretty men don't bathe. It's like they're trying to find someone to love them for who they are, not how they look. Feh. I don't care so much how you look, you just better be clean & smell like good soap.  (Personally, I like the Dove MenCare+ green soap. It smells SO good.)

Add Russell Crowe to the list.

My hubby uses the Dove MenCare green soap.  Yes, it smells GREAT.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:49 AM, sempervivum said:

Current favorite: Lenny Kravitz for Y/Yves St. Laurent perfume. What an amazing looking man.

He can get with me anytime, smell be damned.  Better not tell hubby though.....

• LOL 1