Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Same. I'm not really sure what they're trying to convey there.

I think the cat was protecting his owner by being scary and enforcing social distancing?  But I'm also kind of confused because the tag line was get back to normal, or something.  

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think the cat was protecting his owner by being scary and enforcing social distancing?  But I'm also kind of confused because the tag line was get back to normal, or something.  

Right? And the guy had his mask around his chin. I'm really not sure what they were going for there.

• Love 2

I think the message is the only way to get back to normal is to keep on wearing a mask and social distancing.  We've been getting a lot of PSAs from state government about that.. But that commercial  does seem a little confusing.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I think the message is the only way to get back to normal is to keep on wearing a mask and social distancing. 

Yeah, it's "Do it right, get back to normal" (or something to that effect; it's already on a previous page and I'm too lazy to double-check), but she chooses to walk up to an occupied bench in what seems a sparsely populated park, sit too close, and remove her mask, and he chooses not to pull his up.

The cat is the only one among the three with any damn sense.  I guess it's supposed to be funny that he lets the cat do the talking for him - and, okay, it is - but it would work better if he put his mask on properly before he turned his back to the invader and let the cat do their thing.  As it is, I'm just distracted by his chin strap.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

he chooses not to pull his up.

He is drinking coffee.  Plus he was there first.  Go, cat!  (That would so be my cat except she'd snarl instead of purr.)

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bankerchick said:

That bench was at least 6 feet long.  I would have sat there at the other end and if the guy was offended (which he didn't seem to be) then he could move.

Why should he move? He was there first.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

He is drinking coffee.  Plus he was there first. 

Yes, he's in the right and she needs to move, as the cat eventually prompts her to do.  But you don't get to play chicken in a pandemic; pull up your mask until she does.  Or, if you don't, you don't get featured in a commercial called "Do it right".  It's a funny ad (I love that he clearly knows this is something his cat will do, and how he gives the cat an 'atta girl pet afterward [or boy, but I like 'atta girl thanks to 9 to 5's Margaret Foster]), but landed just outside the mark.

• Love 2

Hey there everyone. I’ve just been trying to remember a commercial I literally saw the other day but can’t find. It’s a funny basketball commercial where it depicts an unconfirmed dent coach who tells his team to “kind of” want to win and when everyone’s leaving the team huddle he says “on three maybe. One two three maybe!” (signifying that he “maybe” wants to win). Anyone remember what commercial this was for?

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 9:43 AM, bankerchick said:

That bench was at least 6 feet long.  I would have sat there at the other end and if the guy was offended (which he didn't seem to be) then he could move.

Idk, it looked to me like maybe I could lay on that bench and just barely not have my feet hanging off.  Since I'm under 6 feet tall, that tells me there isn't 6 feet between them.  Which is what matters, not the total length of the bench, but the distance between the 2 people.

I found it amusing, and if a cat used its head to tell me to move on, I'd move.

• Love 5
(edited)

I really like the Mountain Dew commercial with Gizmo from Gremlins. I don't drink it, but I like the commercial because Gizmo is just so darn cute, and the guy in the commercial giving him the soda is the actual actor who played Billy in the original movie (took me forever to realize that!). Makes me wonder if a Gremlins reboot is in the works.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I really like the Mountain Dew commercial with Gizmo from Gremlins. I don't drink it, but I like the commercial because Gizmo is just so darn cute, and the guy in the commercial giving him the soda is the actual actor who played Billy in the original movie (took me forever to realize that!). Makes me wonder if a Gremlins reboot is in the works.

I thought that was David Naughton at first, and wondered where he'd found the fountain of youth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I still like the Progressive guy who keeps you from becoming your parents. Although I find myself saying, “no, let her keep that one pillow — it balances out the throw.” 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

I still like the Progressive guy who keeps you from becoming your parents. Although I find myself saying, “no, let her keep that one pillow — it balances out the throw.” 

I have yet to see something I disagree with Dr. Rick on / something "your parents" do that isn't something my parents/aunts/uncles/friends' parents do.

(With the exception of talking on speaker phone in public. That's something I only see older people doing, but I see younger people facetiming, which is the same thing, as far as bystanders are concerned.)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, janie jones said:

I have yet to see something I disagree with Dr. Rick on / something "your parents" do that isn't something my parents/aunts/uncles/friends' parents do.

After the commercial where the guy asked if what he'd done was an example of hashtaging, my mom mentioned that she still wasn't sure exactly what a hashtag was, and I had to explain it to her :p. 

I like when Rick goes, "You woke up early. No one cares." 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

After the commercial where the guy asked if what he'd done was an example of hashtaging, my mom mentioned that she still wasn't sure exactly what a hashtag was, and I had to explain it to her :p. 

My favorite is when he says "Do you really need a sign to tell you to live, laugh, love?"

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

AND they got Howie Mandel to reprise his role as Gizmo's voice! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I thought that was David Naughton at first, and wondered where he'd found the fountain of youth.

I knew it was Zach Galligan from the movie, but I, too, think he looks a helluva lot like David Naughton.  They should play father/son or something.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

"The waiter doesn't need to know your name."

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Mine is when they are going all around the room trying to pronounce quinoa.

I'm guilty.  When quinoa first came on the scene, I thought it was pronounced kwin-o-ah with second syllable accented.

• Love 5

13 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

My favorite is when he says "Do you really need a sign to tell you to live, laugh, love?"

I am not giving up the "rise and shine" sign over my coffee bar.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, smittykins said:

I still love the guy in the first commercial with the flip phone.  

“Why would I replace this?  It’s not broken!  Works great!”

I still have a flip phone, so I like him, too.

But I like pretty much all of them, even though most of them are saying/doing things neither I nor my parents do - it's still funny.   I mean, I wouldn't even notice if someone had blue hair, let alone trip out over it, but the line delivery in that segment is so utterly perfect, I laugh every time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, smittykins said:

I still love the guy in the first commercial with the flip phone.  

“Why would I replace this?  It’s not broken!  Works great!”

That's me, lol. I loved my flip phone and since I don't use my phone for online anything only texting and phone calls it worked great! And I can't tell you how many times I dropped that thing and not a scratch on it. I did finally break down and went to a smart phone but only because it's easier to text on. And anyone that has every had a flip phone knows what I'm talking about 🙂 

I do giggle at all the commercials though.

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
  • Love 8

I too have an iphone that is just a texting and phoning machine.  It is not a portable computer that I carry around with me even though I have a data plan that is apparently the envy of anyone who uses their phone for anything else.

2 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I did finally break down and went to a smart phone but only because it's easier to text on. And anyone that has every had a flip phone knows what I'm talking about

Are you talking about having to hit a number key two or three times to get to the letter you want?

I love the Canadian Tire commercial where random people are trying to do home repairs and the song has lyrics like, 'squish in really far.'

• Love 3
On 4/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, proserpina65 said:

Idk, it looked to me like maybe I could lay on that bench and just barely not have my feet hanging off.  Since I'm under 6 feet tall, that tells me there isn't 6 feet between them.  Which is what matters, not the total length of the bench, but the distance between the 2 people.

I found it amusing, and if a cat used its head to tell me to move on, I'd move.

I get it but I don't get it.  She took her mask off to eat and scooted further away from the guy WHO ALSO WAS NOT WEARING HIS MASK PROPERLY.  Soooo idk why she had to move.... But yeah the cat giving the scram head movement was kinda funny *shrug*

Speaking of PSA commercials this one cracked me up!  Your cousin from BOS-TON!

• LOL 5

It's been around a good while now, but I find I've become rather affectionate toward the Geico commercial with the basketball player running around blocking everyone's tosses. He's all, "No no no! Not in my house!" and I all but giggle along with him.

• Love 8
On 4/10/2021 at 6:01 PM, bankerchick said:

Are you talking about having to hit a number key two or three times to get to the letter you want?

That's me, too.  Flip phone = unhackable, untraceable, unusable for anything but calls & very short texts. No "pocket calls aka butt calls" either.

Texts from this morning:  Barry says "I'm headed your way"  I reply "YAY"

Barry says: "I've left your McDonald's order outside your door."  I reply "thanks."

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

It's been around a good while now, but I find I've become rather affectionate toward the Geico commercial with the basketball player running around blocking everyone's tosses. He's all, "No no no! Not in my house!" and I all but giggle along with him.

That’s Dikembe Mutombo. He was known in the NBA for blocking shots, and he did all of the things he does in the commercial: wagging his finger, the “Uh-uh-uh, not today,” and laughing when he blocked a shot. I love that commercial. My favorite part is when he knocks down the G in Geico. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7