Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

I just saw a commercial for the show "When Nature Calls" with Helen Mirren. I'm so in. Wild Thing. Goochy goochy goo! You're going to make me wet the nest!

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 2

Ran into this one another few times over the weekend, it always makes me laugh:

because it's so true to being a habitual planner in a relationship with someone who...isn't one.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Emma9 said:

Ran into this one another few times over the weekend, it always makes me laugh:

because it's so true to being a habitual planner in a relationship with someone who...isn't one.

It's even funnier while watching crime dramas or true crimes shows!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, nokat said:

There is a pet food commercial where it looks so delicious I'd be fighting the dog.

I saw it again. It is Farmer's Dog, and I watched a review where the ingredients were read out. I'm actually getting hungry.

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

OMG MITTENS! I almost cry at the adorableness (yes it's a word AFAIC) of those animals! THIS is what we need right now, Flo, not three fifths of N'Sync.

3/5  of N'Sync has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen on TV

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The look that she gives at the end of the commercial when the dude throws the Frisbee back on to the roof really makes that commercial work.   I wonder how many times it took the dude to get the Frisbee to land on the roof a second time.

I noted on another thread that there was a photo taken of her during the London Olympics wearing that exact expression and she was upset at the time that the expression was all she was known for.

Guess she got over that...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, madmax said:

I noted on another thread that there was a photo taken of her during the London Olympics wearing that exact expression and she was upset at the time that the expression was all she was known for.

Now she is making $$ from it!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, madmax said:

She kind of had to.  The "McKayla Mulroney is not impressed" meme was everywhere, and will always be many people's primary association with her, so she might as well make money off of it.  (Plus, she may rather people remember the expression on her face than the fall that changed gold to silver.)

• Love 4
(edited)

I love this commercial. In some of the scenes, there are Publix house-brand products, but that's the only mention of who the store is. At the end, you'd have to know that "P" is the Publix logo.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Oz3r/publix-super-markets-happy-birthday

ETA: I love this one, too, with its simple, sweet melody.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/n8RL/publix-super-markets-delivery-cart

Edited by Prevailing Wind
(edited)

I apologize if it's been brought up before but I have to admit I'm a sucker for the Pedigree pet food commercial which opens up to the heartbreaking scene of a small girl in a hospital room dreading having to have 'more treatments' while the nurse says that they're trying something different. THEN this big dog with a therapy dog bandana walks up to her hospital bed and the girl cries happy tears as she pets the dog.  

One interesting touch is that the dog actually gently approaches her bed instead of running up and trying to jump on it- as if he/she knows that this human needs to be treated gently instead of being healthy enough to roughhouse.  I don't know if the dog was a commercial performing dog who'd been trained not to do so  but it's true that dogs (and cats) often get this sense  tosomehow know to treat seriously ailing humans like fine China instead of the usual roughhousing. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

I apologize if it's been brought up before but I have to admit I'm a sucker for the Pedigree pet food commercial which opens up to the heartbreaking scene of a small girl in a hospital room dreading having to have 'more treatments' while the nurse says that they're trying something different. THEN this big dog with a therapy dog bandana walks up to her hospital bed and the girl cries happy tears as she pets the dog.  

One interesting touch is that the dog actually gently approaches her bed instead of running up and trying to jump on it- as if he/she knows that this human needs to be treated gently instead of being healthy enough to roughhouse.  I don't know if the dog was a commercial performing dog who'd been trained not to do so  but it's true that dogs (and cats) often get this sense  tosomehow know to treat seriously ailing humans like fine China instead of the usual roughhousing. 

Those dogs are well trained to visit people in hospitals. They know not to run about. They are always chosen for their temperaments.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

I like that commercial, too :). I like how the dog just rests its head next to her, as if to reassure her everything's okay. I'm glad that they have things like that with dogs to help people in the hospital, I imagine it would be a great comfort, indeed. 

• Love 11
Just now, Prevailing Wind said:

No. The only time he'll break your heart is when he dies.

They say if you give someone a puppy or a kitten, you're handing them heartbreak. I know this but I still will have pets. I want to give them all the love I can in their short lives.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

They say if you give someone a puppy or a kitten, you're handing them heartbreak. I know this but I still will have pets. I want to give them all the love I can in their short lives.

Small talk...

• Love 2
22 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Those dogs are well trained to visit people in hospitals. They know not to run about. They are always chosen for their temperaments.

I get that but was this particular dog an actual hospital dog or was he/she a performing dog who got trained to be gentle? 

Still, as I said, there HAVE been cases of dogs (and cats) who weren't trained that somehow have known to be gentle with seriously debilitated humans. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Blergh said:

I get that but was this particular dog an actual hospital dog or was he/she a performing dog who got trained to be gentle? 

Still, as I said, there HAVE been cases of dogs (and cats) who weren't trained that somehow have known to be gentle with seriously debilitated humans. 

This is true but with the lights, people, cameras, directors and general chaos there is in shooting something like that, the dog would have to be well trained or  very elderly.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Blergh said:

I haven't found anything definite about him, but I think I've seen him (or one that looks just like him) in other productions, so I would assume he is a performing dog. Looks to be a Bernese.

Two years ago (this week...) I was in the hospital for a few days, and they did come by with a therapy dog. The handler asked my GF if it would be alright to bring him in to see me, and she said "Absolutely, he loves dogs!" He was a big, sweet Golden Retriever, best part of my stay.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Moose135 said:

I haven't found anything definite about him, but I think I've seen him (or one that looks just like him) in other productions, so I would assume he is a performing dog. Looks to be a Bernese.

Mr. Google tells me that that dog is a Bernese/Great Pyrenees mix named Odin, who is a performing dog.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 6/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, nokat said:

I saw it again. It is Farmer's Dog, and I watched a review where the ingredients were read out. I'm actually getting hungry.

I think it looks just as nasty as other dog food, but that just means I won't be fighting you for it, lol.

The Progressive commercial with all the cute baby animals is perfection.  Especially Mittens in her tiny band uniform.  Although I would not have wanted to be the person who had to get her into that uniform.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

The Progressive commercial with all the cute baby animals is perfection.  Especially Mittens in her tiny band uniform.  Although I would not have wanted to be the person who had to get her into that uniform.

The way Jamie says "Someone will have to tell Mittens. She's a Diva." cracks me up every time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

I really like the zocdoc commercials. From the long version of with the daughter hurting her tooth on the lollipop, the dad hitting his foot against the coffee table and accidentally dropping dishwasher soap in his wife's eye and can't find a doctor that takes their insurance. Ending with him tossing the lollipop. The short version with the daughter scream and startling her dad and the other one with the dad hitting his foot against the coffee table while walking and reading and the doctor asking him if he read any good books lately. 

The woman who's boyfriend/husband wakes her up by opening a window and she throws a pillow at him. I'd do that even if I didn't have a headache. Her burying her head in the freezer. 

The one I haven't seen in awhile but he hurt his back trying to pick up something at home so calls his doctor. Can't get in or find another doctor that takes his insurance and ends up at a chiropractor with a twelve thousand dollar bill. 

They just feel right. Your hurt yourself and can't find a doctor that takes your insurance. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I don't care what anyone says -- I'm taking snacks with me to the airport and on the plane!  Especially now that you don't get free food during flights anymore.

I've never done that but I do take bottled water.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh yeah, I forgot it's not 2000 any more.

I don't know where you are but at LAX every dignity you thought you had will be patted down and taken from you. One ounce of liquid, gone.

My apologies to moderators, this belongs in small talk.

Edited by nokat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, nokat said:

I don't know where you are but at LAX every dignity you thought you had will be patted down and taken from you. One ounce of liquid, gone.

I'm in Seattle. The last time I flew was to San Francisco but as I say, pre 9/11.