Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Not really since Covid, but before that, yes.

I still go to the mall to walk and just get out of the house, masked due to covid, but did it before as well just to get some exercise when the weather was bad and to people watch.

Just went yesterday and there were a lot of people and it is not just the old folks like me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

I love the Kraft singles commercial with the guy singing, "It's time for grilled cheese. It's time for grille cheese" as he cooks his sandwich.

I want that sandwich so bad! 😋

• Love 7

The new Subaru commercial with the dog family--

The family orders hot dogs from the food truck.  Then the weiner dog family comes by.

Why does the family of retrievers leave without eating? 

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

The new Subaru commercial with the dog family--

The family orders hot dogs from the food truck.  Then the weiner dog family comes by.

Why does the family of retrievers leave without eating? 

This commercial came up when it was airing before and I felt like I was the only one who had a problem with it. I think the commercial is complete nonsense. There's no reason any of those dogs should be thinking that hot dogs came from wiener dogs. My freakin wiener dog doesn't care if we eat hot dogs (as long as we share).

Edited by janie jones
  • Love 7
On 7/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, janie jones said:

This commercial came up when it was airing before and I felt like I was the only one who had a problem with it. I think the commercial is complete nonsense. There's no reason any of those dogs should be thinking that hot dogs came from wiener dogs. My freakin wiener dog doesn't care if we eat hot dogs (as long as we share).

Well, these are dogs who drive Subarus, so I'm not sure we should judged based on real dogs, lol.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

Not exactly a favorite commercial, but I don't dislike it:

There's a commercial where a dad is taking what looks like blue gel/slime out of a ziplock bag and starts rolling it across a table strewn with glitter.  The camera pulls back to see that there are at least two other kids present all swiping up glitter with the goo.  The announcer says that ziplock is the bag for good dads or fun adults, or something?

I understand that a ziplock bag might be used to mix up the goo (I've done the ice cream thing with them before), and a ziplock bag would be good for keeping the stuff from drying out between uses.

But what are they doing?  Not that playing with glitter and goo doesn't sound like something a tot would like, but is that it, or is this some kind of educational thing that was unknown when my kids were small?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Not exactly a favorite commercial, but I don't dislike it:

There's a commercial where a dad is taking what looks like blue gel/slime out of a ziplock bag and starts rolling it across a table strewn with glitter.  The camera pulls back to see that there are at least two other kids present all swiping up glitter with the goo.  The announcer says that ziplock is the bag for good dads or fun adults, or something?

I understand that a ziplock bag might be used to mix up the goo (I've done the ice cream thing with them before), and a ziplock bag would be good for keeping the stuff from drying out between uses.

But what are they doing?  Not that playing with glitter and goo doesn't sound like something a tot would like, but is that it, or is this some kind of educational thing that was unknown when my kids were small?

I thought they were cleaning up the glitter. I remember seeing a "life hack" a few years ago saying the goo can be used to get all the crumbs and dust out of the crevices of a keyboard. Or maybe they were just making glittery goo.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, janie jones said:

True, it's silly, but... cute dogs!

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

That's my recollection. Glitter is a PITA once it's out.

I have a relative that used to put handfuls of glitter in all of her greeting cards. It got to the point if we were opening a card from her we went outside because more often than not I'd open one of her cards right after I'd vacuumed.

• LOL 9

There's one that runs a lot and makes me laugh everytime.  I think its Billy Dee Williams but not sure. Chewing gum. I think the ad is for gum, i don't even register that part lol

Ok its Billy D sitting on the beach, staring intently Into the sunset. You can tell this man has much on his mind, and will come out with this deep moving statement.   He pops in a piece of gum and says 'Why do they say you cant wear white after Labor Day?  (Hes all in white)  

Anyway its just fast funny ad and it makes me laugh.  He's so deep in introspection and pondering the world and then says that.  Bwa!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

There's one that runs a lot and makes me laugh everytime.  I think its Billy Dee Williams but not sure. Chewing gum. I think the ad is for gum, i don't even register that part lol

Ok its Billy D sitting on the beach, staring intently Into the sunset. You can tell this man has much on his mind, and will come out with this deep moving statement.   He pops in a piece of gum and says 'Why do they say you cant wear white after Labor Day?  (Hes all in white)  

Anyway its just fast funny ad and it makes me laugh.  He's so deep in introspection and pondering the world and then says that.  Bwa!

I think it's an ad for Twizzlers. He's eating a red one.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I think it's an ad for Twizzlers. He's eating a red one.

That's right, thanks!

20 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I knew that wasn't Billy Dee Williams, so I checked ispot and the guy's name is Jason E. Kelley.  He's been in a lot of other commercials.

Oh cool, good to know, thanks for looking

• Love 5

I feel for the little boy at breakfast at the end. His expression is priceless. I have a jar of the stuff I bought at Cost Plus a few years ago and every time I try it I have the same reaction.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

A commercial for Realtor.com, omg I'm dying laughing. With the draw on map feature (he draws a bat) I can escape Transylvania.  "A friend told me of a cool place called Pennsylvania."

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, nokat said:

A commercial for Realtor.com, omg I'm dying laughing. With the draw on map feature (he draws a bat) I can escape Transylvania.  "A friend told me of a cool place called Pennsylvania."

I like the vampires Realtor.com ads too.  There's one where the woman says, "They're ALL bats."

• Love 5
On 7/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, xaxat said:

We are about to get inundated with a ton of Olympic related ads, but I wouldn't be surprised if this remains the best of the bunch.

It's going to be a strange year, because the usual you're exploiting the athletes you claim to celebrate criticism of ads that would be great if they existed in a vacuum will be exacerbated by the fact these games shouldn't be happening at all, making it hard to enjoy any of them.  But that's a good candidate for taking a moment to just enjoy!

• Love 5
On 7/18/2021 at 10:17 AM, BookWitch said:

Marmite rescue

It's from 2013 but the little carriers are so cute!

I've never eaten it but some stores do have it here.

I find marmite completely inexplicable as a food product (vegemite too for that matter) but that commercial was genius.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

I find marmite completely inexplicable as a food product (vegemite too for that matter) but that commercial was genius.

Glen, of Glen and Friends Cooking, loves Marmite. He won't eat it by itself or on a slice of toast, but adds a dollup to soups, stews, casseroles, etc. He says it can't be tasted in the dish, but it elevates the other ingredients to heights of glory! (He isn't quite that enthusiastic, 😉.)

Check him out on YouTube sometime. He also has a home brewing channel.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I thought this was cute though I don't really see the problem with water pressure in the bathroom.  That seems like an easy fix, just turn the flow of the water down a little bit from the meter outside....*shrug*

"Where you going for dinner 1987?"😆😆😆

• LOL 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

It's a truck commercial.  The guy driving the truck has a cat named Walter who he treats like a dog.  Walter herds cattle and jumps in a pond to retrieve a stick among other things.

My cat thinks Walter is a disgrace to felinehood.

Funny commercial though.

This one always makes me laugh:

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 7

Not really a favorite commercial, but I saw an ad for Talenti layered gelato, which I like. I went to the grocery store today, and it was on sale. I now have 2 pints in the freezer. I guess that's proof that advertising works.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Not really a favorite commercial, but I saw an ad for Talenti layered gelato, which I like. I went to the grocery store today, and it was on sale. I now have 2 pints in the freezer. I guess that's proof that advertising works.

I thought the Greenies snowman commercial was hilarious. I now have a subscription on Amazon to receive their cat treats every six weeks.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/30/2021 at 4:13 PM, chessiegal said:

Talenti is a wonderful, tasty product.   But the jars are horrible to open.    I had one, wanted to eat it, and couldn't get it open.   So, I searched it online and found some pretty hysterical ways to open it from other desperate gelato lovers.    I finally ran hot water over the top, then pried the sides of the screw top with a butter knife (at last, a use for a butter knife), and then I could hold the jar between two of the rubbery jar openers. and finally got it open.   

I love the commercial with Walter the cat acting like a dog.     

I love that I've been lucky enough to catch at least four replays of the "Sprinkles" ad. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
On 7/30/2021 at 5:49 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Talenti is a wonderful, tasty product.   But the jars are horrible to open.    I had one, wanted to eat it, and couldn't get it open.   So, I searched it online and found some pretty hysterical ways to open it from other desperate gelato lovers.    I finally ran hot water over the top, then pried the sides of the screw top with a butter knife (at last, a use for a butter knife), and then I could hold the jar between two of the rubbery jar openers. and finally got it open.       

Yes, you're eager for some tasty gelato and then the frustration of not being able to open it.  If you don't destroy the containers trying to get at the gelato, they are nice for storing things.

• Love 2

Talenti Belgian Chocolate is heaven. But, yeah, the jars can be tough to open. If tapping it with the handle of a knife doesn't work, I try twisting it with my ove gloves on, and if that still doesn't work, tip the jar on its side and run  hot water over it for a little bit.

I need to get some more because soon it will be stock-making time and the jars are perfect for storing in the freezer.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 7/27/2021 at 1:58 PM, Haleth said:

This one always makes me laugh:

I was just coming here to see if anyone had posted that one, since I’ve been seeing it a lot during the Olympics.  I just think it’s so cute and funny, and that woman’s facial expression is perfect.  I can’t remember the last time I “enjoyed” any commercial like this one.

• Love 5
On 7/30/2021 at 6:49 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

On 8/1/2021 at 3:47 PM, ABay said:

Talenti Belgian Chocolate is heaven. But, yeah, the jars can be tough to open. If tapping it with the handle of a knife doesn't work, I try twisting it with my ove gloves on, and if that still doesn't work, tip the jar on its side and run  hot water over it for a little bit.

Glad to know it's not just me having trouble opening the Talenti jars.  I like the gelato but I find it so difficult to open the jars that I try other brands now since there are plenty of different ones.

• Love 2

I think the jars got harder to open after that chick licked the ice cream and put it back. I've got a super-duper jar opener, and even that has trouble unless I run hot water over the lid first.

But, damn, those jars are great for storing stuff.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I think the jars got harder to open after that chick licked the ice cream and put it back. I've got a super-duper jar opener, and even that has trouble unless I run hot water over the lid first.

But, damn, those jars are great for storing stuff.

I have a variety of jar openers. It took some muscle, but one of them got the Talenti lid open. I'm especially proud that I managed not to eat the whole pint at one sitting.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I think the jars got harder to open after that chick licked the ice cream and put it back.

And that's why I never bought another jar of it when I realized they didn't put a seal on them.   Who sells a product like that in this day?    You don't them talking about all the things that can happen to your ice cream between the factory and your freezer in their ads.  

• Love 1