Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Maybe Joey stowed away on the UPS or FedEx truck and jumped off later. Maybe someone dognapped Joey and let him out later. Maybe the family was on vacation and Joey escaped and after searching for him, the people were at home, resting from their exhaustive search.  It really doesn't matter. Joey was found by a nice guy & returned to his family. In a Beemer. By a guy who didn't care if he got doggo hair in his expensive car.  YAYYYYY

• Love 11

CNN showed a stunning commercial earlier this evening for Omega Co-Axial watch movements that just blew me away. Turns out the ad was first released in 2013 but I don't remember seeing it before. This is definitely one of those "turn UP the volume" ads.

Not only does it have great visuals, but the music is gorgeous. It's listed as "Smiling" by Harry Gregson-Williams from a 2004 Denzel Washington action film "Man On Fire" but it doesn't sound like any action film score I've ever heard. It reminded me very much of the "Shire" themes from Howard Shore's Lord Of The Rings score.

This one is well worth a minute of your time.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7ocC/omega-co-axial

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Hyacinth B said:

CNN showed a stunning commercial earlier this evening for Omega Co-Axial watch movements that just blew me away. Turns out the ad was first released in 2013 but I don't remember seeing it before. This is definitely one of those "turn UP the volume" ads.

Not only does it have great visuals, but the music is gorgeous. It's listed as "Smiling" by Harry Gregson-Williams from a 2004 Denzel Washington action film "Man On Fire" but it doesn't sound like any action film score I've ever heard. It reminded me very much of the "Shire" themes from Howard Shore's Lord Of The Rings score.

I saw that, too. It's breathtaking. I had no idea it was an ad for a product until the very end.

• Love 2
On 12/21/2020 at 7:40 PM, Hyacinth B said:

That is beautiful. 

• Love 1
On 12/26/2020 at 2:31 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I just saw this commercial on TV.

And its the best commercial I have ever seen.

And I learned that they found a "twin" planet to Earth from this commercial. #Kepler1649c

Satan: "I just don't want this year to end"

2020: "Who would?"

At some point, we have to find humor in this tragic shitshow of a year. Ryan Reynolds has done it. The toilet paper theft scene and use of a Taylor Swift song are genius. I forgive that it's a commercial for Match.

In the other one, I think 2020's confident reference to "the poem The Road Less Traveled, by Shakespeare" is a scathing social commentary. I will leave it at that.

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

I don't know that it's a favorite, but it's not bad as far as the begging for money for a good cause goes. It's for Smile Train, an organization that provides surgery and other needed services in 3rd world countries to children born with cleft pallets. One little boy melts my heart when he says, "I can't wait to be handsome." Oh, sweetie, all children should feel handsome and beautiful.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

I don't know that it's a favorite, but it's not bad as far as the begging for money for a good cause goes. It's for Smile Train, an organization that provides surgery and other needed services in 3rd world countries to children born with cleft pallets. One little boy melts my heart when he says, "I can't wait to be handsome." Oh, sweetie, all children should feel handsome and beautiful.

My son was born with a partial cleft lip. We had it repaired when he was three months old and you can't even tell. Those doctors do amazing work.

• Love 15
On 12/18/2020 at 2:56 PM, Crashcourse said:

While I would normally prefer washed, nice-smelling men, Brad Pitt can funk me up anytime he wants. 😍 

I wonder if there's a male variance for that. I used to think Melissa Joan Hart was pretty sexy, but once read that she has recurring BO. Not sure I would be able to get past that.🙁

Some actresses just look like they smell good. For some reason I always imagine that Anne Hathaway smells like Vanilla.🥰

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Popples said:

I love everyone's reaction. Shock at first then the Mom starts getting into it dancing, then her husband and her daughter just leaves and the two guys just happily singing and tag teaming dessert "Scoop there it is" its all so perfect.

• Love 14
On 12/26/2020 at 3:31 PM, ParadoxLost said:

I just saw this commercial on TV.

And its the best commercial I have ever seen.

And I learned that they found a "twin" planet to Earth from this commercial. #Kepler1649c

I was coming here to say the same thing.  It is a clever commercial for a matchmaking app.

• Love 3

I saw one today with Steve from Stranger Things with his gorgeous head of hair and I think Haley from Modern Family, it was for Taco Bell nacho fries. I really liked his Domino's commercial from a couple of years ago too 🙂  

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
  • Love 1

I just saw the new Hyundai Santa Fe commercial where the dad drives way up in the mountains to get some of "Pa's Jerky", only to find out it's the TNT super hot type.   Then they have to drive for miles to get milk to put the fire out.        

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I kinda like that Progressive commercial with the "parent life coach". He's just funny. I like the bit with them watching the guy with the blue hair walk by and he's like, "We all see it. We all see it...". 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
42 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I kinda like that Progressive commercial with the "parent life coach". He's just funny. I like the bit with them watching the guy with the blue hair walk by and he's like, "We all see it. We all see it...". 

My favorite is the end of one of those commercials where the guy is trying to help a car back out of a parking space and the "coach" stops him saying "you don't know him".  I don't know why, but I laugh every time. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, chessiegal said:

My new favorite is the Allstate ad with two astronauts joy riding on the moon in their moon buggie. I look up as soon as I hear the music.

Have you noticed at the bottom it has the "don't attempt this" on the commercial. I laughed when I saw it. Exactly how could people attempt to joy ride on the moon in their moon buggie?

12 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I love that commercial but that part in particular. My dad has made similar comments when he sees hair like that.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Annber03 said:

"He has blue hair!"

"BLUE!"

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, ebk57 said:

My favorite is the end of one of those commercials where the guy is trying to help a car back out of a parking space and the "coach" stops him saying "you don't know him".  I don't know why, but I laugh every time. 

I thought of this commercial the other day at the grocery store when some lady was waving me out of my space as I backed out. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2

My favorite in this series remains the support group, because of the "Defense wins championships/Well, it does" exchange and the absolutely perfect wardrobes, but the equally perfect line delivery on the reactions to blue hair shoot that one towards the top of the list.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

My favorite in this series remains the support group, because of the "Defense wins championships/Well, it does" exchange and the absolutely perfect wardrobes, but the equally perfect line delivery on the reactions to blue hair shoot that one towards the top of the list.

I love that one too. My mom said it every football season.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

There's a new Progressive parent coach commercial with him speaking to an audience.  It's not as good but overall the theme is hilarious.

Agreed they've had funnier ones but I love the line "the waiter doesn't need to know your name".

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 1/4/2021 at 7:34 AM, Haleth said:

There's a new Progressive parent coach commercial with him speaking to an audience.  It's not as good but overall the theme is hilarious.

There are two new ones (that I've seen). In the other one, he's asking if they know how to pronounce "quinoa." And later he says "Now we're going to open up a PDF," and everyone's like, no, no. It's funnier than the lecture one.

But I love this whole ad campaign too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 9:49 AM, andromeda331 said:

I love everyone's reaction. Shock at first then the Mom starts getting into it dancing, then her husband and her daughter just leaves and the two guys just happily singing and tag teaming dessert "Scoop there it is" its all so perfect.

I especially love the "Sprinkles!", and I found myself singing "Chocka Locka, chocka locka" while doing dishes last night.

23 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I love that one too. My mom said it every football season.

Well, it's true.

• Love 11

I don’t like admitting that I like a Liberty Mutual ad, but I feel comfortable under a veil of interwebs anonymity, so I’ll spill that the vibrating cell phone on the pier made me laugh right out loud.

Also I can’t remember which company this is, but I love the “we have a problem with the neighbors fencing”, especially “en guard!” “Ow”.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Also I can’t remember which company this is, but I love the “we have a problem with the neighbors fencing”, especially “en guard!” “Ow”.

GEICO. Fits in with their Ratts, clogging, and aunts problems series.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Also I can’t remember which company this is, but I love the “we have a problem with the neighbors fencing”,

Geico; it's the latest in their series playing on words like that - clogging, Ratt, aunts, and now fencing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 1/4/2021 at 2:57 PM, WinnieWinkle said:

Agreed they've had funnier ones but I love the line "the waiter doesn't need to know your name".

Because this is what I have to tell my 79 year old father every time we go out (past tense due to covid) I laugh so hard at this one. I also laugh at the "if you printed out directions to get here..." because, again, my dad does this.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, BexKeps said:

I also laugh at the "if you printed out directions to get here..." because, again, my dad does this.  

That was me until two years ago; until then, I didn't have a car with GPS (and I don't have a smart phone).  Well, I didn't print them, as all those steps wasted paper, but I wrote down on scrap paper the parts I needed to know.

That's the second thing in this series of commercials that I do (or recently did), but I can't remember what the first one is - which is itself a sign of turning into my parents.

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 11
26 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That was me until two years ago; until then, I didn't have a car with GPS (and I don't have a smart phone).  Well, I didn't print them, as all those steps wasted paper, but I wrote down on scrap paper the parts I needed to know.

That's the second thing in this series of commercial that I do (or recently did), but I can't remember what the first one is - which is itself a sign of turning into my parents.

To be honest, the fascinating thing about this series of commercials is seeing the two camps here of "I totally do this stuff / there's nothing wrong with this stuff" and "my parents totally do this stuff." I'd love to see an age breakdown.

Edited by janie jones
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, janie jones said:

To be honest, the fascinating thing about this series of commercials is seeing the two camps here of "I totally do this stuff / there's nothing wrong with this stuff" and "my parents totally do this stuff." I'd love to see an age breakdown.

I think it's more of a state of mind.

• Love 5

Still loving the Liberty Mutual "Christmas morning" ad where one kid is so excited to get insurance bundling and the other is disappointed and mad about getting a bike and kicks the bike. The best is the Mom's face at the end - she's so nerdy and hilarious.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8