Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I didn't really like that song when it was new.

I didn't, either, and the daughter's reaction is my favorite part of the commercial, but I also love the glee with which the parents dance along to that stupid song; the commercial has completely redeemed it for me (but I still don't want to listen to it beyond the seconds played in the ad).

• Love 11

It's a stupid ad but the old guy is so cute... Roger Teeter for the Teeter Inversion Contraption.  At the end of the commercial, when he says, "I'm 80 <jumps in the air in a parody of the ol' vaudeville schtick> and I feel GREAT!"   - it always makes me laugh.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

It's a stupid ad but the old guy is so cute... Roger Teeter for the Teeter Inversion Contraption.  At the end of the commercial, when he says, "I'm 80 <jumps in the air in a parody of the ol' vaudeville schtick> and I feel GREAT!"   - it always makes me laugh.

Old white men can't jump!

• LOL 6

As a rule, I hate most cell phone commercials. However, I like the most recent one for T-Mobile: a woman is asking a friend how to dress for a dinner she's going to. She misunderstands, because she has a spotty connection. Instead of showing up in business attire, she shows up in Ren Faire garb (complete with horned headdress). It's her line at the end that makes me laugh: "Anybody want to split a turkey leg?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

That has started showing up in the rotation again for me, too, and it's one of my least favorite of the series -- it's funny if I don't grab so much as a toothpick to dig below the surface, because, if I do, a) the shirt she's contemplating when she believes it to be a regular business dinner is an awful shapeless blob, which is an offensive representation of her fashion sense given her size, and b) it makes no sense for her to respond as she does to erroneously hearing it's a costume party - it plays like the other woman is a friend, not a co-worker, but, either way, if you believe the event to which you've been invited is a business dinner, and then someone - whether or not they may be privy to more knowledge than you have, but especially if they're not also involved - tells you it's a costume party, you don't ask, "It is?  No one told me that/it doesn't say that on the email/etc."?  Or, even if you fall for it and have a closet full of costumes, say, "Oh, cool - I'll go as a Viking," thus prompting a Wait, what? reaction in the other party?

She does play it off nicely once she gets there and realizes, though.  We see very little of the other diners' reactions, so I like to think she explained her misunderstanding, took her seat a little embarrassed, then held her head high, made the turkey leg joke, and got a laugh from the table's occupants.

• Love 4

I like this commercial but I forgot what they were advertising (something to do with phones?).

It shows a girl getting up and looking at her phone. Then a voice talks about various sports and social-political achievements that will happen in the future. Then congratulates us for tomorrow. It plays during the Olympic coverage. 

• Love 1

I love the take a piece of chocolate Hershey commercial with the twin girls Olivia and Ava. My favorite part is their laugh when asked to take a piece of chocolate if their good at eating the vegetables. Its just so honest. I laugh every time. 

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

The one  where the football players do the whole finale dance from Dirty Dancing. Hilarious

Watching it a few years later makes me sad neither Eli Manning nor Odell Beckham Jr. are playing for the Giants anymore (well, Eli isn't playing at all), but it also still makes me smile.  I love the whole thing, but ODB's imitation of Jennifer Grey tossing her head back and laughing is utter perfection:

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I love the new Amazon Prime commercial with Rapunzel. She makes her own fortune.

Yes!  That's a great one.  As for the prince?  Well, who cares?

• Love 4

I saw a Pringles ad that made me literally guffaw. Teenage boy and grown man at table. Boy says, as he's eating Pringles, "Mr. Clark, your daughter is a good kisser". I think it was funny to me as my husband has 2 daughters and I could only imagine his reaction to hearing that.

• LOL 4

When I was a kid growing up in the late 1980s/early 1990s, I was transfixed by ADM commercials on Sunday mornings during David Brinkley's show. I don't know why. I think something about "because of the American farmer...", the concept of making hamburger patties out of veggies and just the shots of tractors and threshing machines going over the cornfields and wheat appealed to me. Yes, I was a dorky kid. 😂

• Love 4

A new commercial for peanut butter (Jif, I think) featuring Ludacris eating some and then trying to rap. Normally talking, etc with food is a hard no for me but for some reason I find it funny. 

And both of Serena Williams’ commercials are great - Subway and Wonder Woman (sorry, can’t recall the product). It’s great to see a playful side from her since we most often see her as a fierce competitor on the court. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

A new commercial for peanut butter (Jif, I think) featuring Ludacris eating some and then trying to rap. Normally talking, etc with food is a hard no for me but for some reason I find it funny.

Peanut butter. Watching a person or your favorite dog try to clear that stuff from the roof of their mouth is never not funny. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mbluecpa said:

23 minutes ago, CoderLady said:

Peanut butter. Watching a person or your favorite dog try to clear that stuff from the roof of their mouth is never not funny. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Over in the Jeopardy! forum, we discuss this ad every time Aaron Burr is connected to the clue/response.  Many of us admit to saying "Who is Aaron Burr" as though we had peanut butter in our mouths. LOL.

And the helpless "Awon Buww" whimper at the end.

• LOL 8
On 9/4/2021 at 11:21 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Over in the Jeopardy! forum, we discuss this ad every time Aaron Burr is connected to the clue/response.  Many of us admit to saying "Who is Aaron Burr" as though we had peanut butter in our mouths. LOL.

One of the best moments in the Jeopardy GOAT tournament was Brad Rutter answering Aaron Burr just like the rest of us.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Baker's delivery is perfect, and I love Jedrick taking his shoulder pads back.  

I didn't know who the lineman is (but knew he is a lineman).  Did you see the end where he asks if the sled covers are washable?  (Hand wash only.)  They don't show that part on the tv ad.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:27 PM, nokat said:

I hate the Tracee Ross Lay's commercials, but I love her, and I'm at the Lay's site looking at poppables.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:51 PM, peacheslatour said:

I hate the stupid voices she does in that ad.

Yes, what the hell is with that tremor she puts in her voice? (Although I do like Poppables.)

This is related to the Subaru dogs. I did not know the family had a name: The Barkleys.

https://www.trucks.com/2019/08/19/subaru-dogs-drive-marketing-campaign/#:~:text=The Barkleys are the retriever,who's very good at steering.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6