Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On 9/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, mythoughtis said:

Favorite commercial right now…. Applebee’s and the Fancy Like dancers.  

That commercial makes me want to shoot the tv.  I hate the song and I hate the stupid people dancing.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:04 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I love Brad Rutter.

Hey now, hands off my Jeopardy boyfriend (from his original run, no less).

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 9/14/2021 at 9:25 PM, scarletine said:

Speaking of dogs, but unrelated to Subaru...this commercial is adorable. I don't recall seeing it out here, so I figured I'd share. 

Cute dogs and Stevie Wonder make the world a better place.

• Love 4

I don't know what brought them to mind but I was just thinking about the series of Polaroid commercials Mariette Hartley and James Garner did together. They seemed so right together, people thought they were married.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, ABay said:

I don't know what brought them to mind but I was just thinking about the series of Polaroid commercials Mariette Hartley and James Garner did together. They seemed so right together, people thought they were married.

I remember them. James was such a cutie. He met his one and only wife at a party, took her to dinner every night for 2 weeks. and married her after knowing her 14 days.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

LOL the Decon commercial is back! "I love these snacks...Everyone thinks I made them but they're Decon" ... (Thud)  "Judy?" That one makes me laugh every time!

It's all in how she says, "Judy?"  I laugh every time, too.

• Love 9

I am loving the Baker Mayfield commercials.  I've only seen two... the yard sale one, and the one where he sits around gossiping with the neighborhood moms.  Are there more?  The gossip one is hilarious, I love his reaction when the one lady mentions that so and so pulled her daughter out of tennis, AGAIN.

He's got this great deadpan humour and sense of comedic timing.  And he's a pretty great quarterback.  I think he's everything that former U of Georgia star (and now looking to be NFL bust) Jake Fromm hoped he could have been.  Jake should have stayed in school and finished his senior year.

I count Tom Brady amongst my most loathed celebrities (I particularly hate the Subway commercial where it interrupts his movie trailer and he talks about the bread, that he doesn't eat).  But I think the latest T-Mobile ad with Gronk is utterly hilarious.  Unlike the costume party Renaissance Faire lady, I think this T-Mobile ad could actually be believable.  I love how Gronk's words were jumbled into "Tampa Bay", Gronk finding out about their new home by watching the live press conference, and the insinuation that as a retired player that he was living with his parents.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I count Tom Brady amongst my most loathed celebrities (I particularly hate the Subway commercial where it interrupts his movie trailer and he talks about the bread, that he doesn't eat).  But I think the latest T-Mobile ad with Gronk is utterly hilarious.  Unlike the costume party Renaissance Faire lady, I think this T-Mobile ad could actually be believable.  I love how Gronk's words were jumbled into "Tampa Bay", Gronk finding out about their new home by watching the live press conference, and the insinuation that as a retired player that he was living with his parents.

I couldn't agree with this more, only I would add Gronk to the list of loathed celebrities.  But for some reason, this commercial tickles my fancy.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, madmax said:

I couldn't agree with this more, only I would add Gronk to the list of loathed celebrities.  But for some reason, this commercial tickles my fancy.

I don't mind Gronk, I think he comes across as an overgrown kid who has eaten too much sugar.  I liked him on his show "Game On" with Venus Williams, and I like him as a player.

But I really don't care for his USAA insurance commercial, which as the lady reminds us several times, is only for military families.  He seems to think that because he is Gronk, he can qualify.  I can see how he can be viewed as self-absorbed, because this commercial plays into that image of himself as this top celebrity party boy that everyone loves.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

I am loving the Baker Mayfield commercials.  I've only seen two... the yard sale one, and the one where he sits around gossiping with the neighborhood moms.  Are there more?  The gossip one is hilarious, I love his reaction when the one lady mentions that so and so pulled her daughter out of tennis, AGAIN.

He's got this great deadpan humour and sense of comedic timing.  And he's a pretty great quarterback.  I think he's everything that former U of Georgia star (and now looking to be NFL bust) Jake Fromm hoped he could have been.  Jake should have stayed in school and finished his senior year.

Those are the only two that have aired this season.  I'm waiting for the one with Bernie Kosar to air.  This is the third year of these commercials.  Here's a behind the scenes video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daSay10TEOk

• Love 2

I love the one for Pedigree Dog Food with the little girl in the hospital bed. She says dispiritedly "more treatment?" and the nurse says "we're going to try something different today" and a large dog walks into the room to the delight of the little girl who coos "so pretty!"

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I love the one for Pedigree Dog Food with the little girl in the hospital bed. She says dispiritedly "more treatment?" and the nurse says "we're going to try something different today" and a large dog walks into the room to the delight of the little girl who coos "so pretty!"

I just love the way the dog immediately rests its head next to her on the bed and looks at her, like, "Hello, I am here to take care of you." 

• Love 20

The guy who would shave his eyebrow off for a Klondike??  Why wouldn’t he just go to the store and buy a box full?

edited to say- oops I meant to post this in the scratch-your-head thread. Oh well, there’s enough crossover that it’s probably not worth moving at this point. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, SoMuchTV said:

The guy who would shave his eyebrow off for a Klondike??  Why wouldn’t he just go to the store and buy a box full?

That commercial sent me down a rabbit hole wondering why we humans have eyebrows in the first place. 🤔 And if you shave it off, does it grow back the same, fuller, different?

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

That commercial sent me down a rabbit hole wondering why we humans have eyebrows in the first place. 🤔 And if you shave it off, does it grow back the same, fuller, different?

I've known people who over plucked or had some other reason that eyebrows were missing, and they don't always grow back.    It depends on genetics, and what happened to the brow hairs.     I've seen some that had a scar going through their eyebrow, and that really can affect if the brow grows back or not.    I worry about ingrown hairs too.     It can take months for a eyebrow to grow back, so I hope the Klondike bar, and the commercial payment was worth it. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I've known people who over plucked or had some other reason that eyebrows were missing, and they don't always grow back.    It depends on genetics, and what happened to the brow hairs.    

Yeah, but plucking removes the root, shaving doesn't.

I love Klondike bars, but if someone offered me one if I shaved off an eyebrow, I'd say, no thanks, I'm good.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, blackwing said:

There are a whole bunch of Baker Mayfield commercials from the past couple years.  Check YouTube.  They are all pretty funny and yeah, he has great delivery.  It is a cute concept that he and his wife live at the stadium.

The Brady/Gronk ad isn't new either but yeah, it is pretty funny too.  Funnier than the turkey leg lady.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

edited to say- oops I meant to post this in the scratch-your-head thread. Oh well, there’s enough crossover that it’s probably not worth moving at this point. 

Even when I was a kid, I thought these commercials were ridiculous. It's not like Klondike bars aren't readily available.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

There is an ad for some type of windshield wipers that has it literally raining cats and dogs.  The ad is kind of stupid, but I do like the disclaimer they put on the screen:  "No animal was harmed, but all were petted."

That's the job I want.  Petting animals used in ads.  Where do I apply?

This is going to sound weird but I like the Kit Kat thins commercial.  I was visiting my parents and it came on, and the song came on and I said to my mom, that's exactly the kind of song I could write. They're using the old jingle and just saying "they are Kit Kats, but they are thin."  I am alway singing my own lyrics to songs.

I had a job once where one task we had was "stuffing groups."  So I sang stuffing groupies to the tune of shake your booty.

See, this is another job I could get.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, captain1 said:

I used to love the Chantix slow turkey but I haven’t seen him in months so I used the Google machine and evidently Chantix is no longer being sold - found to contain a carcinogen 😢

I hated Chantix when I took it. I had waking nightmares. It was like living Eraserhead.

11 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I knew a woman on Chantix whose life had recently turned around - everything was going great. She put a gun to her head while sitting in her car. Put newspapers up on the windows so people wouldn't see the gore left behind. Her parents blamed the Chantix.

I felt the same way.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Popples said:

I saw this for the first time this morning. Dr. Rick at the supermarket for gameday shopping.

For some reason YouTube won't let the video be embedded.

LOVE this one as well!  Although I don't see the problem with letting the manager know when an employee has provided excellent service.  It happens so rarely now and it's usually when someone (KAREN) is pissed off that anything is said so yay for positivity!

Had to laugh at his astonishment to all the water choices.  

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

LOVE this one as well!  Although I don't see the problem with letting the manager know when an employee has provided excellent service.  It happens so rarely now and it's usually when someone (KAREN) is pissed off that anything is said so yay for positivity!

Had to laugh at his astonishment to all the water choices.  

And parking himself at the sample counter! My husband does that all the time.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Although I don't see the problem with letting the manager know when an employee has provided excellent service.  It happens so rarely now and it's usually when someone (KAREN) is pissed off that anything is said so yay for positivity!

At some stores, employees get perks when the manager gets positive comments from customers.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

There used to be a Boar's Head lady in Publix. At first, she was there coincidentally on Senior Discount Day. Boar's Head changed the day for her. But she was, apparently, a very lonely lady, because if you stopped for a sample, you couldn't get away from her conversation.  It got so, I'd get ice cream first, so I could get away by saying my ice cream was melting.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Right?  Or helping someone fit into a parking space.  What's wrong with being nice to strangers?

• Love 9