Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I'm only on FB sporadically since Orangina took office. A fundiewatch group I'm in posted it. These days on FB, who knows what will show up in one's feed? What did I miss from a friend in order to be exposed to Jill's filth? I can't answer that because I didn't go back to FB since then. I'm tempted. A friend of mine is probably having an aneurysm now due to the baseball game.

• Love 2

JillR also says she doesn't often frequent Starbucks since they support sodomy, but, oh, she loves their coffee!  She went into one where two women "had that look of living a questionable lifestyle" and JillR loved them and chitchatted with them to show them jesus's love, then she gave them tracks!!!

She is truely awful, and her eye makeup was also truely awful.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, Still breathing said:

Did anyone catch Jill’s latest video in Facebook??  It’s public.  Topic:   “Is murder a sin???”  She basically talk about gays and how’s it’s an abomination..... yeah Jill sucks!  

How did she connect homosexuality with murder? All sins are equal? (Not that I think homosexuality a sin). It seems more like a lead-in for an anti-abortion screed. Does giving in to Starbucks constitute a sin? I her hair like it is because she's growing it out for a hair shirt?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, louannems said:

JillR also says she doesn't often frequent Starbucks since they support sodomy, but, oh, she loves their coffee!  She went into one where two women "had that look of living a questionable lifestyle" and JillR loved them and chitchatted with them to show them jesus's love, then she gave them tracks!!!

She is truely awful, and her eye makeup was also truely awful.

Had a look of living a questionable lifestyle?! Excuse my language...fuck you jill and your judgemental bitch attitude. You embarrass jesus.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 24
21 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

These people and their being saved at 3 or 4 is bullshit IMHO. It’s not that you can’t know right from wrong at that age, but even the smartest of children won’t really grasp the seriousness of such a decision, nor the complexity of the relationship among sin, salvation, and Christ atoning for all mankind.  And, I can’t quote the scriptures because I haven’t been to church in years, but children aren’t not accountable for their salvation? As in, after a certain age, you confirm your faith because you’re old enough to make the decision for yourself.  There is a reason boys had and still have bar mitzvahs at the age they do.  

Now if a 4 year old goes to Sunday school and learns age appropriate lessons (I specifically remember watching The Flying House and Superbook as a kid), then that’s wonderful.  They can do that.  But to believe that they’re so spirituality superior that they do it decades before anyone else is ridiculous, arrogant and self-righteous.  

That’s why I can't stand any of them. The paremts are self-centered wierdos who deprived their children of basoc needs. I think Josh is a perv and Anna is cruel, miserable bitch! Jessa is a slob, Ben is an idiot, and for the record there is nothing cute, special or remarkable about her kids to anyone but her or Ben.  They’re your average kids. Jeremy is a fame whore who will never love Jinger as much as he loves the sound of his own voice, and she’s a goosey, doe-eyed Stepford wife who would follow that fool off the cliff.  Joy is a dunderhead, Austin is a control freak, Joe drinks more Kool-Aid than Jonestown, and Kendra is mindless, but probably the least offensive. Josiah is an arrogant, closeted prick, Lauren is a manipulative, opportunistic, snooty bitch, John David is awkward as fuck, and Abbie can’t have much sense since she was raised Gothard too, and is marrying him.  And Derdick and Jill are the worst of all.  She’s dumb, homely, and useless as a wife, mother, or homemaker.   And he’s just the typical angry, impotent underemployed white punk who's up in arms because he hasn’t been able to fully cash in on his white male privilege.  He’s a first rate loser who can only feel better by picking on others to make himself feel superior.

I don’t care what your views or on homosexuality, religious or not.   None of these people are in a positon to judge anyone with all their grifting, lying and scandals.  Jill should focus less on who's the sleeping in who’s bed and worry about her own family.  As the song says, sweep around your own front door before you try to sweep around mine.  

**Rant over but these people make me stabby**

Why don’t you tell us how you really feel?  Just go ahead and be honest!  LOL

• Love 13

Maybe Tim had to delay starting school because he hasn't been able to buy the $10.00 book. Maybe he could return the frames holding pictures of his mother to drum up some cash. Or maybe each of his siblings could send $1.00 instead of buying their mother flowers and candy. 

JillR hasn't written a post exclaiming how much she MISSES her FIRST born SON. How he works FORTY hours a week for a good CHRISTIAN boss. While maintaining a 4.0 because he is so DEDICATED to learning math. And how he calls HER EVERY night because he MISSES HER and the rest of the family. 

• Love 22

I wonder if her silence about Timothy could mean that he's already given up/washed out of school (either through lack of funds or an inability to survive on his own) and is back home with the family. I hate to think that, but it could explain why she isn't publicly talking about his progress and bragging about how much he misses his sweet mama. If that's the case, she'd probably want to wait a respectable amount of time (at least a full semester) before announcing it to the world to avoid looking too foolish.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 20
On 10/12/2018 at 11:40 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

These people and their being saved at 3 or 4 is bullshit IMHO. It’s not that you can’t know right from wrong at that age, but even the smartest of children won’t really grasp the seriousness of such a decision, nor the complexity of the relationship among sin, salvation, and Christ atoning for all mankind.  And, I can’t quote the scriptures because I haven’t been to church in years, but children aren’t not accountable for their salvation? As in, after a certain age, you confirm your faith because you’re old enough to make the decision for yourself.  There is a reason boys had and still have bar mitzvahs at the age they do.  

Now if a 4 year old goes to Sunday school and learns age appropriate lessons (I specifically remember watching The Flying House and Superbook as a kid), then that’s wonderful.  They can do that.  But to believe that they’re so spirituality superior that they do it decades before anyone else is ridiculous, arrogant and self-righteous.  

That’s why I can't stand any of them. The paremts are self-centered wierdos who deprived their children of basoc needs. I think Josh is a perv and Anna is cruel, miserable bitch! Jessa is a slob, Ben is an idiot, and for the record there is nothing cute, special or remarkable about her kids to anyone but her or Ben.  They’re your average kids. Jeremy is a fame whore who will never love Jinger as much as he loves the sound of his own voice, and she’s a goosey, doe-eyed Stepford wife who would follow that fool off the cliff.  Joy is a dunderhead, Austin is a control freak, Joe drinks more Kool-Aid than Jonestown, and Kendra is mindless, but probably the least offensive. Josiah is an arrogant, closeted prick, Lauren is a manipulative, opportunistic, snooty bitch, John David is awkward as fuck, and Abbie can’t have much sense since she was raised Gothard too, and is marrying him.  And Derdick and Jill are the worst of all.  She’s dumb, homely, and useless as a wife, mother, or homemaker.   And he’s just the typical angry, impotent underemployed white punk who's up in arms because he hasn’t been able to fully cash in on his white male privilege.  He’s a first rate loser who can only feel better by picking on others to make himself feel superior.

I don’t care what your views or on homosexuality, religious or not.   None of these people are in a positon to judge anyone with all their grifting, lying and scandals.  Jill should focus less on who's the sleeping in who’s bed and worry about her own family.  As the song says, sweep around your own front door before you try to sweep around mine.  

**Rant over but these people make me stabby**

Tell us how you really feel, ijustwantsomechips! ?

On 10/13/2018 at 9:44 PM, Annb67 said:

Had a look of living a questionable lifestyle?! Excuse my language...fuck you jill and your judgemental bitch attitude. You embarrass jesus.

Somebody needs to organize a gay kiss in in front of her home . 

• Love 15
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What does he do for a living again?  It must be nice to be able to afford RayBans for both and an Apple watch especially when you don't even have any employment history.

Kelton is a plumber and Josie has been working in a salon.

• Love 1

New post on Rodrigues blog:

I chose a few of the pictures to include.

The latest *NEWS* with the Rodrigues Family – Sept. / Oct. 2018

Posted on October 16, 2018 by Rodrigues Family

With a family our size, life is ALWAYS hopping busy!  Check out the post below to see what is NEW with our family and the things that have been keeping us busy.  Thanks for reading and God bless you all!            In Christian Love,  The Rodrigues Family

It was a blessing to have the Larimore Family stop in for a visit on their vacation. What a sweet, Christian, fellow homeschooling family they are! 

Boy were these children glad to see their grandparents after our trip out West. 

We are SO excited for our oldest 2 girls- Nurie and Kaylee!  They have wanted to study the Bible in more depth. In September, they started a Bible Institute Program at Ripley Baptist Temple.  Girls, we love you and are SO excited to see your desire to be students of the Bible.  Hugs, Daddy and Mama 

What do you do when these are the type pics and messages your son sends you via text ALL the way from Washington State…

“Hope you have a good night I love you deeply.”???????

“I love you, Mama. You are my super hero.” ???❤???

I look toward Heaven and thank a merciful God for blessing me with such an incredible son! My heart rejoices at literally tasting the TRUTH of the verse…I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth! 

“Timothy, I LOVE you and I am SO honored by you!”  Forever Your Greatest Cheerleader, Mama xo ?❤??

**Just so you all know, the below picture is of Timothy signing “I LOVE YOU” in sign language.**

Daddy SURE does love his 9th girl- Janessa Ruth.

We just took her for a pediatric Optometrist Doctor appointment to make sure the area of injury (stroke) in her brain did not affect her eyes in a negative way. 

It did NOT!  Hallelujah! The doctor said her eyes look great! 

Janessa continues to be our living miracle of God’s grace and it shows God is STILL in the miracle working business! We praise His HOLY Name and thank Him for His goodness to us!!  

Our beautiful girl holding a beautiful butterfly. 

Honestly, our daughter Nurie brings us nothing but joy! She is such a submissive young woman who has a VERY close walk with God. She strives to please Him in ALL she does! She is a great example to me. “I love you, honey.” 

“Although we are excited to see what God does with your future, we are thrilled you have chosen to still live with us…traveling, singing, helping teach your younger siblings, sewing, putting yourself through Bible Institute and embracing ALL that your full life holds for you right now in this springtime season.” 

“I LOVE you more than words could ever express.” Forever, Mama xoxoxo 

It was an honor to be at one of our supporting churches- Open Door Baptist Church in Canton, Ohio in September to sing and minister to these DEAR people for their 17th anniversary! 

Outside of God and my husband…these young ladies are my BEST FRIENDS! ? We laugh together, pray and seek God’s face together, cry together, watch girly movies together, shop together, do crafts together, sing together and dream of their futures together. ? God has blessed me beyond measure with all 9 of my precious daughters. ??? -Jill

I am thankful for our church. Last month, we had a really fun ladies meeting where we heard from God’s Word, learned how to decorate cupcakes and how to make pretty bows. Love ya, Maranatha ladies! Jill and Rodrigues Girls 

Posted on Facebook on September 11th…

Did you know that when my husband and I first got married, we lived in NYC. We helped start 2 different churches there.  I thought today was a good day to snap some pics from my old photo albums of us visiting the Twin Towers with my parents, sisters, and friend. 9-11, We will never forget!  

My gardens…my happy place. 

Our little angel is growing SO fast! She is SUCH a joy in our home! 

I love working out with my girls.  I LOVE that the weight is coming off so easily. I love the company I work for. I love being healthy. I LOVE the supplements I take. I LOVE Plexus! 

Nurie’s VERY best friend – Hosanna Plath – is engaged to her sweetheart- Timothy Noble at – https://timothynobleplayspiano.com .

Nurie is SO honored to have been asked by sweet Hosanna to be a bridesmaid at this BEAUTIFUL wedding event next June. 

Isn’t this a WONDERFUL picture of the 2 of them?  We rejoice at God’s goodness in their lives! 

Also, check out Hosanna’s Family’s website. What a SWEET family they are and super musical too!  

https://theplathfamily.com

Enjoyed singing here in September for their Revival Services.

I am SO pleased with Nurie’s diligence.  I have a sewing machine and sew some things…curtains, some simple dresses for my girls, blankets, etc. However, Nurie’s skill in sewing was limited to mending, sewing on a button, etc.

Well, last winter in a meeting we were in, Brother John O’Malley asked my girls if they knew how to sew.  That inspired Nurie to learn. So, she went out and bought her own sewing machine. She watched and watched instructional youtube videos on how to use her machine.  She went out and bought a pattern. She stayed up late…sewing and sewing and she….

MADE from scratch this BEAUTIFUL dress for Hannah. 

Nurie, your diligence and willingness to learn and better yourself is SUCH a blessing to me! You are SUCH a hard worker in our home. I LOVE you!  -Mama

21 years ago on (October 4, 1997) we said “I DO” to each other…for better or for worse. We meant those vows and have stayed true to them, even when the going was tough.

Now, we are more in love than EVER before and have learned how quickly the years fly by. We have learned to embrace a bit longer, gaze into each others eyes a bit longer, and put petty nothings where they belong.

NO one but each of us understand the LOVE we share between each other for our 13 precious children. They mean so much to us! ?????????????

To have 13 children and be in full time ministry, has meant sacrifices; but, the more we follow God and His ways…the more we see His hand of blessing upon our lives. 

It is a rich life…filled with love, joy, peace, laughter, contentment, surrender, and more blessings than we can list! 

It is a GOOD life!

Renewal of our vows last year on our 20th anniversary…

Hello everyone, this is Nurie.

I just wanted to get on here and thank my parents for being the most amazing parents in the world. They are celebrating their 21st Anniversary and they have truly been my role models. They have taught me soooooooo many wonderful things in my life, but I want to specifically thank them for teaching me what a TRUE GODLY marriage should be like.

When they said their vows on OCTOBER 4, 1997 they truly meant for better or worse. Through the ups and downs of life they NEVER give up but rather press toward the mark of the high calling. Thank you, Mama and Daddy, for being so faithful in everything you do and for showing me what real love is like. You are my heroes. I love the both of you soooooo much. With Much Love, Nurie

Their VERY first kiss on October 4, 1997.

We just finished our 21st anniversary trip / Kaylee’s home school senior trip! It was SO fun! We went to Amish country. ?Hannah tagged along and nursing Janessa.  Kaylee LOVES farms and hopes to marry a farmer someday! ??? So, for a special treat to Kaylee, we brought her to an Amish farm with LOTS of different animals. ? Kaylee was in her GLORY! “It was fun, Kaylee, and we LOVE you! It has been a JOY homeschooling you!” Hugs, Daddy & Momma ?

They had a LOT of different animals at this farm that you were allowed to feed.  SO neat!

This bull gave David a piece of its mind! LOL. 

“Some more please!” and if not….”I’ll just stick my head in your window and help myself!” LOL. 

Poor David. This Ostrich pecked his hand and finger VERY hard twice! LOL. ??

This was SO neat to feed all these animals on a LOVELY Amish Farm!  It was a drive through safari (of sorts) right in Ohio! 

Our anniversary trip was indeed lovely!!  It brought me to tears when it was coming to a close. 3 nights is the longest we have ever been able to afford and break away from our precious children and extremely busy lives. However, it is a CHERISHED 3 days!  What a LOVELY room and gorgeous hotel my amazing husband booked for us. Again, it was nice to have Kaylee along in celebration of her upcoming graduation from high school. Hannah and baby Janessa also were with us. What a wonderful time we had!   21 years….and going strong!   (We went to an Amish musical play named- “Stolen”. Hence the pics with the Amish actors.) 

Well, our family just finished ANOTHER order of 100,000 Smiley Gospel Tracts. ?

What is neat, is that ALL the way in Spokane, Washington, Timothy volunteered at the fair at an Amazing Grace Mission booth.

The man there, told Timothy that he LOVES the Smiley Tracts and they are (BY FAR) the most quality he has ever seen. ?

Timothy responded, my Dad printed those! ?The man said (as of right now) our printing ministry is the only place they know where to order “Smilies” from.

It was a GREAT blessing to Timothy to see his Dad’s work and ministry having far reaching effects…all the way there in Washington State. ?

That particular booth at that fair passed out over 12,000 Smiley Gospel Tracts AND about 204 souls were saved! ??????

How it blessed our hearts to hear that! Also, we recently got a message through our website from a person that found one of our smiley tracts in a bathroom stall…in a far away state. ? Our website is on the back and they messaged us to let us know what a blessing that was to them.

We give God the glory! We won’t know until eternity how God is using our printing ministry to spread His glorious Gospel. ❤

We thought we’d share our blessing with you. God is good and faithful and to serve Him full time is our EXTREME honor! ?❤

I was BEYOND thrilled to meet at the mall the wonderful ladies and their families from the pregnancy center that I volunteer at. Lauren Bare and Kristen Miller are the sweetest ever and I cried when I met Kristen’s 2 adopted children for the FIRST time. They are precious!  

We cannot believe that our little Janessa Ruth is already a HALF a year old! 6 months SURE did fly by and she brings our home IMMENSE joy! 

FOOD for Thought and Praise to our God…..

Righteous / Bible Choices= Persecution 
Sinful / Worldly Choices= Consequences & Judgement. 

Let’s not confuse the two.    -Jill Rodrigues

~ Ps 57:5 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.  ~Ps 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.                      ~Ps 63:1 “O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary”                        ~Ps 63:7 “Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. 8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.”                  ~Psalms 14:1 “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.”
~Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”                                                                                                      ~Ps 66:4 All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.               -What a GREAT God we serve!                                                        ~Ps 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.           ~Ps 68:1 Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.
2 As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.                                                                               ~Ps 73:26 “My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.”                                                                                                                    ~Ps 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.

I love these verses. He is the ONLY One that satisfieth the thirsting in my soul  Jill

Serving Jesus With Joy,  The Rodrigues Family

4A25B125-8EDE-4FE3-BB9A-48138D06695B.jpeg

136372EC-2074-48B0-93A9-509EC8143CEB.jpeg

226B570B-BC37-44D9-84B6-2585A359D688.jpeg

7219E97F-7B2A-4F03-96EB-64CE2D56A04F.jpeg

88A9ECD8-CD74-4518-A77F-428EB3ABC47C.jpeg

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

We are SO excited for our oldest 2 girls- Nurie and Kaylee!  They have wanted to study the Bible in more depth. In September, they started a Bible Institute Program at Ripley Baptist Temple.  Girls, we love you and are SO excited to see your desire to be students of the Bible.  Hugs, Daddy and Mama 

Honestly, our daughter Nurie brings us nothing but joy! She is such a submissive young woman who has a VERY close walk with God. She strives to please Him in ALL she does! She is a great example to me. “I love you, honey.” 

“Although we are excited to see what God does with your future, we are thrilled you have chosen to still live with us…traveling, singing, helping teach your younger siblings, sewing, putting yourself through Bible Institute and embracing ALL that your full life holds for you right now in this springtime season.”

I am SO pleased with Nurie’s diligence.  I have a sewing machine and sew some things…curtains, some simple dresses for my girls, blankets, etc. However, Nurie’s skill in sewing was limited to mending, sewing on a button, etc.

Well, last winter in a meeting we were in, Brother John O’Malley asked my girls if they knew how to sew.  That inspired Nurie to learn. So, she went out and bought her own sewing machine. She watched and watched instructional youtube videos on how to use her machine.  She went out and bought a pattern. She stayed up late…sewing and sewing and she….

MADE from scratch this BEAUTIFUL dress for Hannah. 

Nurie, your diligence and willingness to learn and better yourself is SUCH a blessing to me! You are SUCH a hard worker in our home. I LOVE you!  -Mama

Hello everyone, this is Nurie.

I just wanted to get on here and thank my parents for being the most amazing parents in the world. They are celebrating their 21st Anniversary and they have truly been my role models. They have taught me soooooooo many wonderful things in my life, but I want to specifically thank them for teaching me what a TRUE GODLY marriage should be like.

When they said their vows on OCTOBER 4, 1997 they truly meant for better or worse. Through the ups and downs of life they NEVER give up but rather press toward the mark of the high calling. Thank you, Mama and Daddy, for being so faithful in everything you do and for showing me what real love is like. You are my heroes. I love the both of you soooooo much. With Much Love, Nurie

Our anniversary trip was indeed lovely!!  It brought me to tears when it was coming to a close. 3 nights is the longest we have ever been able to afford and break away from our precious children and extremely busy lives. However, it is a CHERISHED 3 days!  What a LOVELY room and gorgeous hotel my amazing husband booked for us. Again, it was nice to have Kaylee along in celebration of her upcoming graduation from high school. Hannah and baby Janessa also were with us. What a wonderful time we had!   21 years….and going strong!   (We went to an Amish musical play named- “Stolen”. Hence the pics with the Amish actors.) 

It sure sounds like Nurie is on sale here.   Look good Christian single gentlemen, our daughter can sew, take care of children, has a love of the lordt, is able to take instruction from her betters (ie anything male) and is submissive and is fertile.   I predict that if Nurie is not courting in a few months, Jill will have a blog post that is a dating ad for Nurie.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It sure sounds like Nurie is on sale here.   Look good Christian single gentlemen, our daughter can sew, take care of children, has a love of the lordt, is able to take instruction from her betters (ie anything male) and is submissive and is fertile.   I predict that if Nurie is not courting in a few months, Jill will have a blog post that is a dating ad for Nurie.

Jill might have better luck if she fed Nurie and stopped trying to make her look bad (so Jill looks better). In that photo with the flute, Nurie looks about fifty years old. A tired, worn-out, beaten-down, tarted-up fifty, at that. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Usually, whatever people say after “honestly” is a lie and they’re trying to convince you it’s the truth. 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Nice gesture from Jana, but wow, that's random. I always thought Joy was the one who was friends with Carlin. 

But Joy's married now. She's at the Fundy equivalent of the grown-up table. Carlin's not.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But Joy's married now. She's at the Fundy equivalent of the grown-up table. Carlin's not.

Well, except Carlin practically is at the grown-up table as she's engaged. It's really only single, noncommitted adults at the kids' table. Once they can go on double dates, they're grown up. Jana has more time to help wedding planning since she doesn't have a baby or have to help her husband flip houses, etc.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

Of course Nurie has chosen to live at home.  She has no education, no job skills, and probably no money since things like lawn mowing businesses are only okay for boys.  Where else would she live?

My first thought was that the Smiley Tract was in a bathroom stall in case the toilet paper ran out.  Kind of like the stories my grandparents used to tell about using the Sears catalog.  

My hope for Timothy is that he has roommates with normal parents, and realizes that his Mama is no super hero even though I strongly suspect that she made that up.  My fear for him is that his pay from his job is being direct deposited into an account that she can access.  That could be how she plans to pay for her trip to visit him. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, momofsquid said:

Jill always provides so much fodder for snark, but today I was struck by her habit of using quotation marks to indicate that Jill herself is speaking, as opposed to the other Jill who is the narrator (example: She is a great example to me. “I love you, honey.” ) The multiplicity of Jill voices disturbs me.

Her blog posts are now nothing more than her FB posts cut and pasted. She needs to clean up all the "Love Mama and Daddy" bits so it reads more cohesively. Well, as cohesive as we'll ever get from Jill. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Abmis said:

Of course Nurie has chosen to live at home.  She has no education, no job skills, and probably no money since things like lawn mowing businesses are only okay for boys.  Where else would she live?

My first thought was that the Smiley Tract was in a bathroom stall in case the toilet paper ran out.  Kind of like the stories my grandparents used to tell about using the Sears catalog.  

My hope for Timothy is that he has roommates with normal parents, and realizes that his Mama is no super hero even though I strongly suspect that she made that up.  My fear for him is that his pay from his job is being direct deposited into an account that she can access.  That could be how she plans to pay for her trip to visit him. 

My mother grew up on a farm in the Great Depression era.  They had an outhouse and used Sears catalogs for TP.

LOL about the Smiley whats-it!  Damn, that woman and her capitalization and multiple characterizations are disturbing.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

My mother grew up on a farm in the Great Depression era.  They had an outhouse and used Sears catalogs for TP

Yeah, my FIL talked about the Sears catalogue TP.  He joked that as the available pages got used up, everyone watched nervously to see who had to use the covers.  Of course, after that they all had to use the dreaded dried corn cobs.

Makeup for women was rarely and sparsely used, it wasn't supposed to be obvious that you were helping nature along.

Bread was baked once a week.  Laundry was done once a week and was a family affair, as the boys would haul out the big tubs and heat the water, the women would scrub the clothes on a washboard and wring them out in a hand wringer.  Everything was dried on a line, and in inclement weather those lines were strung up through the house, mostly in the kitchen.  After that everyone was sweaty and dirty, so they would have their weekly bath.  Again, the boys would haul in the water and heat it, then everyone shared the bathwater.  Cleanest person went first.  The last person would often bath in cold water, unless that person wanted to haul and heat their own water.  Then the boys would empty the tub and the girls would clean it up before it was put back out in the shed until the next week.

A lot of their clothes were home made.  My FIL remembers wearing shirts made from flour sacks.  He had all sorts of stories about what things used to be like. 

If the R's woke up one morning to find that they lived in a small country town during the depression, they would be in a world of hurt.  Jill's dramatics and flamboyance would make the other women suspicious of her.  David's lack of a work ethic would cause him to lose respect among the men.  The kids would be pitied, but there would be little help for them as it took a lot for people to step in between a husband and wife or parents and children. 

As the kids got into their teens some people might ask them to do odd jobs and such.  At first they might only be given a few pennies and a meal, but if they proved to be hard workers who were reliable, they might get more work for better pay.  But most people would hope that the kids had a relative in another town they could go stay with so they could be introduced to their peer group without the stigma of Jill and David hanging over their heads.

Even the worst of parents, as they got older, might agree to send their kids off if it were possible because there was no social security and parents would often spend their golden years living with their kids.  Smart parents would try to make sure that their kids would be able to take them in.  I think Jill would go for that, as I think she's already thinking of her children's future mates as marks that would have to 'help her out' due to the familial relationship.

• Love 10

@Zahdii, great post!  My dad had to wear knickers to school, a la the Walton's John-Boy.  He used to tell me that "times were tough," and I believe it.

I agree that Jill is already planning her golden years, via her kids.  With what?  13 of them thus far, odds are someone is bound to marry into Fundie Royalty, and willing to take the poor grifting parents in, out of the guilt trip that this couple lays on their kids each and every day of their lives, from birth.  God help those that get a whiff of living one's own life, and escaping their clutches.

• Love 2