Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

OUCH those dolls  sure are expensive. 

What kind of hussle does Jill have that she can afford those dolls? ( I know she sells that pink stuff) How much she money is she  making off the pyramid scheme she is shilling?  Does she make any money off her radio show? 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

OUCH those dolls  sure are expensive. 

What kind of hussle does Jill have that she can afford those dolls? ( I know she sells that pink stuff) How much she money is she  making off the pyramid scheme she is shilling?  Does she make any money off her radio show? 

I think Jill was given these dolls as a gift from the maker.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I think Jill was given these dolls as a gift from the maker.  

Yep, I suspect Jill contacted her or was contacted by her and they cut a deal for Jill to plug her stuff on her blog in exchange for freebies.

Those dolls are creepy looking, IMO.  I have seen a whole lotta newborns in my day and those things look mottled and bruised.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

There are YouTube videos of women pretending to give birth to those dolls. Very very weird. 

That sounds like those commander's wives, in the land of Gilead, pretending to be in labor.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Normades said:

Wow! That was enlightening!  You're right that she definitely had choices since she was actually an adult and had the means to support herself unlike so many of these young girls (and boys).  I had no idea what she was like.  I did think her story about not being attracted to the man, but marrying and having children with him seemed a bit cruel.  She made sure to let the reader know that although she was not attracted to him, he was DEFINITELY attracted to her (how could he not be!).  I did cringe about their engagement being announced without her consent, but now I'm wondering if that's even true.  It seems she's engaging in revisionist history.  Well, now we've found one way the idea of giving women little to no choice comes in handy for a select few.  It absolves them of any responsibility when things go wrong.  She sure paints a picture of being the poor virginal, white sheep being led and coerced by her groom, her parents, and her church.  Is there a website where I can get more info?

I didn’t realize Lisa had divorced, so I did some quick googling.  How sympathetic her interviews were, up to and including her husband being described as a “much older” man.  She was 25 and he was 31.  He was actually present for one and the article hinted for causes of divorce - including his sexuality.  

I assume he’s well rid of her. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I didn’t realize Lisa had divorced, so I did some quick googling.  How sympathetic her interviews were, up to and including her husband being described as a “much older” man.  She was 25 and he was 31.  He was actually present for one and the article hinted for causes of divorce - including his sexuality.  

I assume he’s well rid of her. 

He's 13 years older than her, according to Lisa. I'd say it's fair to say that's "much older."

https://charismania.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/lisa-whelchels-arranged-marriage-and-gods-voice/

Edited by graefin
  • Love 4

Those dolls are creepy looking, IMO.  I have seen a whole lotta newborns in my day and those things look mottled and bruised.

Years ago, I remember reading about a woman who blogged about her difficult pregnancy with many, many issues. It was a well written blog, and the woman racked up a lot of sympathy and donations through the ordeal. It was, of course, a sham. She had everyone believing her, until she posted a picture of the newborn baby - which was really a doll similar to this. The 'baby' conveniently had many issues after it's 'birth' and 'died' soon after. I'm glad that bitch got busted.

• Love 9

These dolls have been around forever and seem to be getting popular again. The ones JillR got look like not so great knock-offs from the originals. JillR should do grifting workshops, she's a shameless Master.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I found it at a website called 'The Blair Necessities'.  It appears the folks who run it are not exactly Whelchel fans, but they do have screenshots that they claim came from Lisa's former online scrapbook.  Except for the fact that the entries are more than 10 years old, the bloggers could be members here, there is some hilarious snarking on Lisa's fundamentalism.  Amongst other things, since Steve fell off the roof while hanging Christmas lights, they wonder why Lisa doesn't realize his accident was Jesus' fault and renounce her faith.

http://theblairnecessities.blogspot.com/2006/07/when-daddy-fell-off-roof.html

Well I’m not doing anything else today!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

These dolls have been around forever and seem to be getting popular again. The ones JillR got look like not so great knock-offs from the originals. JillR should do grifting workshops, she's a shameless Master.

I know a good grifter. Fleeced a guy broke in less than 6 months. Power to them lol.

6 hours ago, graefin said:

He's 13 years older than her, according to Lisa. I'd say it's fair to say that's "much older."

https://charismania.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/lisa-whelchels-arranged-marriage-and-gods-voice/

I don't understand what she is getting to?

Does she want to say that her life was messed up because she thought God sent her the "wrong" guy? Hasn't she done interviews were she says that they still see each other and have dinner together? IDK not a good advertisement for fundydum.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

My dad was involved with one.  She stole all his money from his 50 year old business forcing it to close, stole all his actual money, stole the equity from his house while he lay dying, and we suspect actually killed him.  Then she moved onto another old man (she is on #3 THAT WE KNOW OF right now, we have some pretty good proof my dad wasn't the first).  That family found out about us from our court case and cold called me.  We were able to help them stop her right before she forged his name on POA paperwork like she did with our dad.  We had to get permission from her to enter our childhood home and see our dad.  She had been able to get all paperwork changed so he had no rights in his own home.  Law enforcement does nothing about these sociopaths.  I see nothing admirable about these types of people.  It killed my father, nearly killed this other man, and it takes a real piece of shit to steal from another.  You know what we were told by law enforcement?  They were together too long so they don't believe it was abuse.  My sister asked them if this is what they tell all abused spouses. There is a special place for people that steal from others who trust them.  As a victim, I don't find these people LOL funny.  I don't want to be rude but my dads bday just passed and its always a hard time knowing that we should have been able to save him but due to her scam she could and did bar us from seeing him legally.

I am always marveling at how much the Rods get for free.  I think its gross.

What a terrible thing that happened to your dad.  That sounds like a story I saw on an episode of Dateline.

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a terrible thing that happened to your dad.  That sounds like a story I saw on an episode of Dateline.

THANK YOU!  It really should be on Dateline.  I may have emailed them a time or two as well as contacted Keith Morrison.  It is a really common story and like our case, nothing gets done about it.  They even had her practice samples of the other guys signature and still did nothing (among other pieces of evidence).  The one thing I can say is it taught me how to investigate and how pitiful seniors are treated.  Sadly it has also taught me (and my sisters) not to trust people.  Right now I am working with a journalist who is interested in our story.  May go nowhere but it is our mission in life to make her pay (legally).

<back on topic> I am curious how well the Tim Rod is doing these days.  It must be nice for him to not have to share his food.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My dad was involved with one.  She stole all his money from his 50 year old business forcing it to close, stole all his actual money, stole the equity from his house while he lay dying, and we suspect actually killed him.  Then she moved onto another old man (she is on #3 THAT WE KNOW OF right now, we have some pretty good proof my dad wasn't the first).  That family found out about us from our court case and cold called me.  We were able to help them stop her right before she forged his name on POA paperwork like she did with our dad.  We had to get permission from her to enter our childhood home and see our dad.  She had been able to get all paperwork changed so he had no rights in his own home.  Law enforcement does nothing about these sociopaths.  I see nothing admirable about these types of people.  It killed my father, nearly killed this other man, and it takes a real piece of shit to steal from another.  You know what we were told by law enforcement?  They were together too long so they don't believe it was abuse.  My sister asked them if this is what they tell all abused spouses. There is a special place for people that steal from others who trust them.  As a victim, I don't find these people LOL funny.  I don't want to be rude but my dads bday just passed and its always a hard time knowing that we should have been able to save him but due to her scam she could and did bar us from seeing him legally.

OMG! that is just horrible. 

• Love 10

@Natalie68  What happened to your dad and the family is awful.

With regards to Jill, I don't worry as much about them getting free stuff.  Jill seems pretty transparent, imo.  That people give her stuff for free says as much about them as it does Jill.  I also think the amount of free stuff Jill gets is sometimes overexaggerated. 

I'm not in dolls, but the doll maker gave them to Jill so that she would get some free publicity and people can buy her dolls. 

• Love 7

From what I've read and heard JillR has received a free home, RV, a few cars, groceries, trips and RV repair. Not to mention a baby shower where she received gifts for herself.

Her husband prints tracts for free and neither of them have a job. Looks to me that almost everything they get is a gift.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It is horrible, and it should have been considered elder abuse. It’s awful there are people out there doing the same thing as I type this.

It was elder abuse and financial elder abuse.  We had paperwork, a letter from the lending company calling it fraud and she had to give the money back (she got the money the day after my dad died, approved though the day he died), but the DA was outright hostile to my sisters and attorney.  Our atty said he had never seen anyone treated this way.  The lender never followed through on prosecuting her because he DA didn't file charges (the DA or Sheriff never interviewed any of us, the victims in this crime nor did they interview any of our witnesses, this is SLO County Sheriff by the way) and they made US pay back the $154K or they would have foreclosed on the house (she forged my dads name on a reverse mortgage).  Then there was the over 100K spent on a lawsuit that ended up being settled because she kept delaying which made us spend more $ and we ran out.  Then she never did what the settlement said she had to but in order to enforce it WE would have had to spend more $ (she also broke into the house when specifically told she was not allowed in before we were given access, stole all my mom and dads jewelry and vandalized my dads car so we had to spend a lot to get it running so we could sell it).  She knew the system.  Last I heard she sent the disabled daughter of the last victim a letter being purposefully mean and semi threatening so that family had to spend more $ getting a cease and desist letter out, again, the Sheriff did nothing.  Oh, and this woman has been married since 1971.  I suspect her husband is in on it.

<topic>Wonder if anyone that knows the Rod's have been suspicious of how they can afford to live like they do yet not have enough $ to actually feed their kids?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

From what I've read and heard JillR has received a free home, RV, a few cars, groceries, trips and RV repair. Not to mention a baby shower where she received gifts for herself.

Her husband prints tracts for free and neither of them have a job. Looks to me that almost everything they get is a gift.

There's a YouTube Fundie vlogger couple who remind me of the Rods. Husband quit his job because God told him to spend more time with family, they have five kids and were given a free house. Whenever people ask them questions about how they pay for necessities, the husband's default response is "The Lord always provides." Who exactly is the Lord? Friends? Family? Churchmembers? Uncle Sam? Because I don't care how much you buy used and save the difference, it still takes dollars to pay for food, clothing, cell phones and car insurance.  It's like Derelict with all his non-answers. If you have to speak in circles, you're either up to something shady or the truth makes you look like a total loser.

• Love 21
On 10/29/2018 at 12:51 PM, doodlebug said:

I found it at a website called 'The Blair Necessities'.  It appears the folks who run it are not exactly Whelchel fans, but they do have screenshots that they claim came from Lisa's former online scrapbook.  Except for the fact that the entries are more than 10 years old, the bloggers could be members here, there is some hilarious snarking on Lisa's fundamentalism.  Amongst other things, since Steve fell off the roof while hanging Christmas lights, they wonder why Lisa doesn't realize his accident was Jesus' fault and renounce her faith.

http://theblairnecessities.blogspot.com/2006/07/when-daddy-fell-off-roof.html

I brought this topic to the prayer closet because OMG. Please join me. I have wine and Xanax. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I couldn’t resist.

What happened to Debbie? Lol. Also, the girl in scrubs holding the fake creepy babies looked like a serial killer. In fact, I feel like fake babies will come to life and go on a killing spree.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Which they doubtless construe as God showing them that he heartily approves of them and their way of life, unfortunately. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I couldn’t resist.

That is absolutely one of the CREEPIEST things I have ever seen.  Appropriate to post on Halloween.  I started to watch and couldn't stop.  It was like a train wreck.  Did I hear the woman correctly that those dolls were designed to look like they have Downs Syndrome??  I swear that's what I heard her say.  She is truly, disgustingly crazy.  And she wonders why the man in the beginning refused to say hello.  I am stunned!!!

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Also, the girl in scrubs holding the fake creepy babies looked like a serial killer.

She looks more like a typical teenager being forced to do something bat-shit crazy like this by their mother. ?

20181031_192410.png

• Love 18
20 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I couldn’t resist.

I am really confused. This is some mock birth, or a reenactment, or someone who really wanted to pretend to deliver babies, or. . . ????

• Love 7
On 10/30/2018 at 11:37 AM, Natalie68 said:

Here’s the ridiculous part, I work in banking and we are trained VERY well in how to detect issues like this, and we do...more often than I would like.  We report to the higher ups, then they report to the cops.  Then law enforcement does nothing.

Just the other day I called the police to report identity theft and $7000 missing from an older customer.  “Well?  What are WE supposed to do about that?”

43 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I am really confused. This is some mock birth, or a reenactment, or someone who really wanted to pretend to deliver babies, or. . . ????

YOUTUBE ONCE RECOMMENDED A VIDEO OF A WOMAN PUSHING AN APPLE OUT OF HER PARTS.

im still scarred

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Wishing Well said:

Here’s the ridiculous part, I work in banking and we are trained VERY well in how to detect issues like this, and we do...more often than I would like.  We report to the higher ups, then they report to the cops.  Then law enforcement does nothing.

Just the other day I called the police to report identity theft and $7000 missing from an older customer.  “Well?  What are WE supposed to do about that?”

YOUTUBE ONCE RECOMMENDED A VIDEO OF A WOMAN PUSHING AN APPLE OUT OF HER PARTS.

im still scarred

do I want to know how and why the apple was in there in the first place ?

• Love 5

Oh my word! I decided to watch the "birth story" as a way to delay getting ready for work (it's cold and rainy here-ick). Now I am scarred and left with so many questions. What happened to the "mom"? She looked dead on the table and then- boom- it was all about the "doctor." That poor daughter who had to go along with this. Whoever upthread said she looked less than thrilled is right. Can you imagine what her friends think? Wow. Anyway, I feel like I know how I will spend my lunch hour now- trying to figure out WTF I just watched.

I can totally see JRod cooking up something like this and Precious Nurie as her trusty nurse.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, WallStreetDuchess said:

Oh my word! I decided to watch the "birth story" as a way to delay getting ready for work (it's cold and rainy here-ick). Now I am scarred and left with so many questions. What happened to the "mom"? She looked dead on the table and then- boom- it was all about the "doctor." That poor daughter who had to go along with this. Whoever upthread said she looked less than thrilled is right. Can you imagine what her friends think? Wow. Anyway, I feel like I know how I will spend my lunch hour now- trying to figure out WTF I just watched.

I can totally see JRod cooking up something like this and Precious Nurie as her trusty nurse.

I only watched a few bits and pieces - maybe about three minutes (if) of the whole thing, so I probably missed a whole lot of WTF moments. Which doesn't bother me in the least. As a result, the biggest WTF of the entire thing was the "babies" themselves. Now, these newborn type dolls are just inherently creepy in and of themselves, but many actually are quite skillfully crafted and could, in a still photo, be mistaken for a real baby. But these things??? What newborn baby ever has eyes that wide open in such a startling shade of blue? And  what baby has dry hair with such a nicely coiffed curl immediately upon delivery? Despite those incongruities, I suppose these things might be forgiven in the spirit that the "mother" would have them for a long time and wouldn't necessarily want the look of an absolute newborn even if made her "delivery" video that much more unbelievable (as though had anything credible or convincing to start with). But these eyesores were an insult to any level of the art of doll-making. And here was the "doctor", after "delivering" them giving a glowing description of how beautiful they were, complete with noting the fact that one had darker skin than the other; totally a way of indicating that they were customizable.

Then there were other lapses such as the fact that the dolls' features were cast of the same mold, and while both were supposedly Down Syndrome, I saw little to actually indicate it. They were clearly not identical as one was a boy and one a girl. I mean, I guess it's within the realms of possibility that fraternal twins could have more or less absolutely identical features, plus Down Syndrome, but what are the odds? 

In any case, the entire thing (well, assuming, based on the bit I watched) was disturbing and laughable at the same time.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 8