Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I still hope someone in Heidi's family can get through to him on how adults in the working world need to operate as he still doesn't seem to grasp that.

Give it time, until he started spending time with Heidi's family, the only adult examples he had was his parents.   For most, if not all of his life, his dad was devoted to the full-time "ministry" and his mom to the grift.   He's never seen someone get up and got to work each day.

• Like 19

"I can almost promise that there is not another mother out there who is more sacrificial and giving to her children than YOU are!!"

I'll put my mom and mother-in-law against Jill.  Namely, they didn't stand in our way regarding dating and marriage (for the record, neither did our dads).  My mom was 26 when she married my dad.  My MIL was in her mid-20s as well.  Mr. Six & I knew what we wanted when we were young.  We got married two days after my 23rd birthday, and Mr. Six didn't turn 23 until the following summer.  Were things easy that first year?  Heck, no!  I was dealing with depression, he was working a part-time job plus school full-time, and it was one of the snowiest seasons on record where we lived.  Were there any good aspects?  Yep.  We had our own little 2 bedroom apartment complete with a stage in the master bedroom.  It was less than $500, and we lived in a very quiet section of the city.  The biggest mistake?  That fault lies with me.  Instead of spending the weekends at home, I would often visit my parents.  That ended up pulling us apart instead of us trying to get the hang of living with each other.  Mr. Six fully supports our family, which leaves me to stay at home and deal with my health issues.  Just to reiterate to Jill (smile!), God is not the reason we have nice cars and new technology, it's because my husband has worked his ass off for years to get us to that point.  And I'll be damned to not give him the credit he deserves.  I have so much pride for what he's been able to accomplish in the last 20 years, which is a hell of a lot more than "your man" has done in his entire life.  

TL:DR--Jill is doing no favors to her children.  Instead, she's holding them hostage to be little soldiers for Jesus her.  Suck it, Jill.

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I noticed that Renee got a BME (best Mama Ever) mention in her post. Total Stockholm Syndrome. Those poor kids, they just don't know how they're being used.

Look at Kaylee and plexus. She spends a fortune every month for junk and to keep mahmo happy in her plexus down line. I don’t think Kaylee is even making $1 profit.

• Sad 8
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee and Jonathan are doing a reset together. What a waste of money just to sit on the toilet for 3 days. 

I’m laughing at them spending $300 on laxatives. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

The only thing that's a little bit good about Plexus, is that colonoscopy prep should be easier!  That prep is the worst part of the whole thing (I've had four of them.)  Why K & J think they need a "reset," I have no clue.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5

They both are trim as is.

They do not need the reset.

1 minute ago, precious pupp said:

The only thing that's a little bit good about Plexus, is that colonoscopy prep should be easier!  That prep is the worst part of the whole thing (I've had four of them.)  Why K & J think they need a "reset," I have no clue.

Jill probably told them they are looking chunky or that the cleanse resets their gut health.

Hope the reset doesn’t have tapeworms… 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm crying. That's money better spent on Giddy. 

Giddy is not important, none of their kids will be as important as mom and dad date nights…

He’s just proof they are breeding for Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

I wouldn't dream of using my grown children to boost my ego by pressuring them to buy stuff they don't need and can't afford. Jill is thinking about her bragging rights and dreams of another island vacation she and Hunk can't appreciate or even really afford. She's not giving a single thought to the welfare of her children and grandchildren. The woman is impossibly greedy, self-centered, materialistic, and destructive. 

Jonathan is hopelessly sucked into the Jill vortex right now. It's too bad Dave Ramsey, whose course Kaylee and Jonathan took, hints about losing money with MLMs but doesn't have to nerve to speak out against them That might have sparked something in Jonathan's mind. 

• Like 14

My takeaway from Jill's post is that Renee will die before she (well, actually JiIl) finds a man who is godly enough to satisfy Jill and her greed.  Jill has chased off two suitors already.

Dave Ramsey is all about living without debt, and I don't see how Kaylee can possibly not be in debt with the Plexus scam.  Those companies don't care that you can't afford their products, they just demand you buy more.  And sign up more unknowing people.  I wish someone would to a TV expose on Plexus.  I found the LulaRoe program very enlightening.  (Is LulaRoe still in business?  I haven't head about the company lately.)

• Like 14
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C6B3E615-A511-4F43-B2E0-5BE73AE54542.jpeg

The most heartbreaking part is that she has no idea how badly her parents have screwed her over.

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

This is a big FU to Tim, with a side of, please marry my daughter.

She followed the post of the Mrs Degree with a memory from 3 years ago with Renee holding a newborn baby that belonged to a family at church. The parents look pissed in the background while Renee is holding the baby while her mama takes videos.

Jill is really pushing Renee on the wedding market in my opinion. I am not so sure of the Renee will be a Jana predictions.

Unsure on what Jill's motivation would be to match Samuel or Phillip off at this point. They don't travel with the circus so a negative, but they supposedly both have jobs and she probably leaves them long lists of household maintenance type chores to do while the circus is away from the barndo, so they are still useful to her.

• Like 10

I expect that, in addition to keeping things in order while the Rods are travelling around the countryside screeching and begging; both Phillip and Samuel are giving a portion of each paycheck to Mahmo for room and board.  As long as they put money in her pocket, she is not going to push them into marriage.  Meanwhile Renee isn't permitted to work because she is a female.  She's just sucking up grocery money that Jill could use for a manicure or something important.  Jill has plenty of daughters who are still minors to cook and clean and raise the younger girls.  Renee is dead weight at this point.

• Like 6
  • Sad 7
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

If Jill wants Renee to get her MRS degree, she shouls send her to school to meet guys.

That will never happen. All Renee will ever be allowed to do is an online Bible class. No in person school for the girls. As if they would succeed. We've seen Kaylee's atrocious spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I suspect it just gets worse the younger they are.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Janessa or Sofia will be spinsters and stuck being full time caregivers to Jill. Dave I doubt will see old age.

I definitely think Janessa will be with Jill forever.  I don't care that Janessa was "cured by prayer".  I still think she has issues that are going untreated, and it will be interesting to see if she has functional issues as she grows older.  She appears to function a couple of years younger than her age now.

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That will never happen. All Renee will ever be allowed to do is an online Bible class. No in person school for the girls. As if they would succeed. We've seen Kaylee's atrocious spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I suspect it just gets worse the younger they are.

I'm very aware that it will never happen. The girls are not allowed to do anything.

• Sad 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yassss 

Severely yassss

• Like 5

I want to ask Jill why her girls can’t get a job AND have a husband and kids!  Are her daughters too special to work outside the home?  What if every  mother refused to let their daughters get a job?  There would be a vast shortage of nurses, teachers, etc.!  

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
17 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I want to ask Jill why her girls can’t get a job AND have a husband and kids!  Are her daughters too special to work outside the home?  What if every  mother refused to let their daughters get a job?  There would be a vast shortage of nurses, teachers, etc.!  

And doctors, lawyers, computer programmers, etc! 💗

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I'm not sure whether Jill wants Renee to marry asap or to be her second-in-command until the big J- says "Huzzah for being your mom's toadie! That was totally my divine plan ('cause Jill is the bestest Mahmo and deserves it! Duh!)" (The Gospel according to Jill)

That being said, I have no doubt that BME won't be happy with R's spouse unless he's willing to turn the headship over to his mother-in-law the way Jon has and/or buys Mahmo things when they come visit and has a godly job she can brag about (because we all know that Philip will never go to Hungary) like Nathan. Although we don't see a lot of sons-in-law who seem to be hardcore into headship in the Duggars and the Bateses, none of the guys seem to have turned their lives over to JimBob/Michelle or Gil/Kelly the way Jill Rod expects her son-in-laws to. I'm going to guess that Jon (in particular) is a bit of a...unique case even in fundyland. 

PS. This is a bit biased because right now, Jonathan is my biggest fundy enigma. What was he running from that joining the Rods and turning large chunks of his income over to his mother-in-law (via mooching and Plexus) seemed like a good life choice? I kept thinking he was trying to do a long con to get Kaylee out, but those hopes are long dashed. Their poor baby.

• Like 9
  • Sad 7
20 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I'm not sure whether Jill wants Renee to marry asap or to be her second-in-command until the big J- says "Huzzah for being your mom's toadie! That was totally my divine plan ('cause Jill is the bestest Mahmo and deserves it! Duh!)" (The Gospel according to Jill)

That being said, I have no doubt that BME won't be happy with R's spouse unless he's willing to turn the headship over to his mother-in-law the way Jon has and/or buys Mahmo things when they come visit and has a godly job she can brag about (because we all know that Philip will never go to Hungary) like Nathan. Although we don't see a lot of sons-in-law who seem to be hardcore into headship in the Duggars and the Bateses, none of the guys seem to have turned their lives over to JimBob/Michelle or Gil/Kelly the way Jill Rod expects her son-in-laws to. I'm going to guess that Jon (in particular) is a bit of a...unique case even in fundyland. 

PS. This is a bit biased because right now, Jonathan is my biggest fundy enigma. What was he running from that joining the Rods and turning large chunks of his income over to his mother-in-law (via mooching and Plexus) seemed like a good life choice? I kept thinking he was trying to do a long con to get Kaylee out, but those hopes are long dashed. Their poor baby.

Speaking of weak Jonathan:

IMG_2581.png

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

That being said, I have no doubt that BME won't be happy with R's spouse unless he's willing to turn the headship over to his mother-in-law the way Jon has and/or buys Mahmo things when they come visit and has a godly job she can brag about (because we all know that Philip will never go to Hungary) like Nathan.

I think it would also have to include moving to the beautiful amish country near mama.

Jill's intro on the grift tour now is "our oldest ....married to Nathan Keller pastor of....church" like everyone has heard of it and it's highly important. But for Kaylee "married to jonathan hill and they bought a house just 4 1/2 miles from us" Timothy "engaged and bought a house just 20 min from us"

That seems highly important to her. So much so she has it in the intro. But who the heck in the audience cares??

The sobbing "falling into each others arms sobbing" that Jill claims she and Nurie do every time they part and when timothy called from Moody Jill, tim and all the girls sobbing over him being far away is insane.

For Jill to let a kid move out of ebike range of the barndo it is going to have to have something big Jill can boast about on the grift tour. She had it for a second with Anna Duggar's brother and then she was left with precious Nurie in florida with Pastor Nathan.

• Like 12
18 hours ago, AstridM said:

Speaking of weak Jonathan:

IMG_2581.png

I’m pretty sure that Kaylee is the one replying to mama.

• Like 10
22 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

The most heartbreaking part is that she has no idea how badly her parents have screwed her over.

That is a classic FML face.

• Like 10
On 5/5/2024 at 10:11 AM, ginger90 said:

The reply from Renee:

Thank you SOO much, Mama, for this encouraging and sweet post!! ❤️❤️ You never fail to show your love, praise, and kindness to all those around you, but show triple the love and support to those closest to you. 🥹  I can almost promise that there is not another mother out there who is more sacrificial and giving to her children than YOU are!! It is easy to serve the Lord during this time in my life with you and Daddy as my parents. Thank you for being my greatest friend and the best Mama ever; someone I can laugh with until I can't breath or just sob with in the hard times. 

I love you to my favorite star and back again!! 🩷💫💫💫💫💫🩷 -Renee

Jill’s reply to this:

Dearest Renee,   Leave it to you to turn YOUR praise to the praise of someone else.  <3  It is easy to be a good Mom to such amazing children!  :)  I love you, my sweet darling!  I love you!  Xoxo  Mama

• Sad 7
14 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

Why do Renee and her mama "talk" to each other via social media?  Aren't these the kinds of things you say to one another in private?  It seems so performative.

It also is bragging and boasting. Jill has a huge case of the vanities. 

• Like 17
  • Love 1

It's ridiculous because Renee doesn't have a FB account. How does she see it? Does Jill tell Renee she made a post about her and gives her access to her account so she can answer?

And yes I know Jill might be talking to herself.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

It's ridiculous because Renee doesn't have a FB account. How does she see it? Does Jill tell Renee she made a post about her and gives her access to her account so she can answer?

And yes I know Jill might be talking to herself.

It was noted elsewhere that Jill made her initial post around 4am, and "Renee" responded about half an hour later. WTF? 

• Mind Blown 12
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
31 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It was noted elsewhere that Jill made her initial post around 4am, and "Renee" responded about half an hour later. WTF? 

It was Jill. It was all Jill. She isn't fooling anyone. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 3
34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It was Jill. It was all Jill. She isn't fooling anyone. 

and if it wasn't Jill doing the actual response herself it was Jill showing Renee the post and having her write out the appropriate mama honoring response for Jill could put in to answer herself.

• Like 9

On yet another getaway. Honestly, do they spend anytime at home WITH their children?

And sorry Jill, but there is no way that is David's writing on that banana. I can so see her doing that or the hotel staff does stuff like this and David took credit for it (or Jill gave him credit.). 

• Like 14
5 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

Why do Renee and her mama "talk" to each other via social media?  Aren't these the kinds of things you say to one another in private?  It seems so performative.

Are they just standing around the one family computer typing out this nonsense to one another, whilst looking over each other's shoulder?

• Like 5
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

The saga continues.

AFF39B51-B42B-4965-85D8-3E86F7438B82.jpeg

Jill’s a liar.  That is NOT a man’s handwriting.  No fk’ing way David wrote that on the fruit.

• Like 19
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill’s a liar.  That is NOT a man’s handwriting.  No fk’ing way David wrote that on the fruit.

In my experience, most men have pretty bad handwriting. That looks to "cutesy" for a guy to have written. 

• Like 15