Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think she is not only a crappy cook but she just doesn't care. 

If she still has her private food drawer in the refrigerator, she doesn't need to care. She can eat when and what she wants. 

• Sad 11

I think she doesn't feed her kids because she is a crappy cook and knows it.   She hates cooking, but its one of those skills the wimminfolk are supposed to have so she does it every so often for social media.   

• Like 11
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I think she doesn't feed her kids because she is a crappy cook and knows it.   She hates cooking, but its one of those skills the wimminfolk are supposed to have so she does it every so often for social media.   

I'm not a great cook and I hate cooking, but I have a bunch of simple recipes that come out pretty good. Then again, I'm not cooking for a zillion people. 

• Like 14
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I'm sure gizzard soup is good and so is gizzard stuffing.   But this is Jill and her unique cooking skills we are talking about.   Even Dave could only give a half-hearted thumbs up.   

He looked sick eating it lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
38 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

He looked sick eating it lol

He probably knows if he complains he will be in deep doo doo with Jill. I can also imagine she gets hysterical and manic on top of all of it and he has to placate her with many date nights, dinners and sweat blouses! 

• LOL 8

So Dave never compromises?  I hope she meant just in his faith because that would be an annoying trait to have in a mate. Although I don’t think it’s Dave’s way or the highway—that’s more the impression I get for Jill even if she would claim that Dave is the head of the household. 

• Like 13

I like liver. Lately I been pan frying it and having a salad with liver as a side. I also like liverwurst. Yesterday I ordered some at the deli. I commented I was probably the only 1 eating it. I was told no it’s the third most popular deli item sold. Turkey and ham the other 2.

Gizzards are $2 a pound too expensive tbh. The soup can be tasty if she sautéed onions, garlic and the gizzards. 

I agree, Jill is just a lazy cook!

• Like 7
  • Useful 3

Jill you are,

such a pretty Barbie doll, David is lucky. You have such lovely hair, makeup and a trim figure. Your children adore you and you are a great mom. Your minute to count with Jill are wise and inspiring. I too want to drink plexus, it makes you glow as you preach from the toilet chair. 

Dont believe any of the haters, you are beloved by many, they are all jealous of your wonderful Christian lifestyle.

xoxo your biggest fan! 

/s , happy belated April fools!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
48 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I like liver. Lately I been pan frying it and having a salad with liver as a side. I also like liverwurst. Yesterday I ordered some at the deli. I commented I was probably the only 1 eating it. I was told no it’s the third most popular deli item sold. Turkey and ham the other 2.

Gizzards are $2 a pound too expensive tbh. The soup can be tasty if she sautéed onions, garlic and the gizzards. 

I agree, Jill is just a lazy cook!

I do not like liver but I love liver wurst.  On a good piece of rye bread..... yum. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1

Jill had a guest speaker on one of her Plexus zoom calls with her “team”. This is what Jill was doing while the guest was speaking. She stopped now and then to nod.

.Screenshot from the video of the zoom meeting she posted:

3ABE92F3-D819-43EC-BB26-6280526575AA.jpeg

• Mind Blown 10
  • LOL 11
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill had a guest speaker on one of her Plexus zoom calls with her “team”. This is what Jill was doing while the guest was speaking. She stopped now and then to nod.

Youre Rude Full House GIF

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Bad enough that she wasn't paying attention, but to post it is even more tone-deaf. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 7
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The speaker must have been riveting.  HOW RUDE!  You can tell she has never really worked and just plays at it.  

• Like 14
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The speaker must have been riveting.  HOW RUDE!  You can tell she has never really worked and just plays at it.  

I watched it (it was short). The speaker was going on about how often she did resets and how much weight she lost until she had a big breakthrough and lost 10 lbs! Jill kept applying her mascara. 

• Mind Blown 8
  • LOL 9
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does anyone know what time of day or night this Zoom took place?

Not a clue, but Jill's hair was wet, so she'd just gotten out of the shower. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Also rude.    Presumably Jill knew what time this zoom call would be and could have gotten ready BEFORE the call instead of during it.    

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
Just now, merylinkid said:

Also rude.    Presumably Jill knew what time this zoom call would be and could have gotten ready BEFORE the call instead of during it.    

I don't think she has a clue about time and pretty much does whatever whenever. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So it could have been 11 in the morning or 10 in the evening, knowing Jill's "schedule."

Her poor children have no structure, are kept up all hours of the night, and aren't fed anything remotely healthy. I feel so sorry for them. For all of Jill's talk about how children are a blessing from God, they sure don't care much about taking care of said blessings after they are born.

• Sad 16
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I just can't fathom doing a Zoom call from my bathroom. Icky. 

If plexus runs hit she’s already on the toilet. Win, win.

• LOL 7

Jill’s latest:

Finding time with God is a decision.  😊🥰❤️  I think Christians have become weak because they call things "Biblical" that are not even close to the heart of God.  😢  We simply don't know our Bibles anymore and we "cherry pick" verses to go along with our liberal mindset.  I have SO much hate flung my way due to our stand on Biblical principles.  I love ALL people deeply, but if compromise is what is required of me to obtain favor in other people's lives, then I guess I will stand outside of their favor.  I care more deeply about standing in favor with God.  😉  It can be a lonely place sometimes, but it will be worth it all, when I see Jesus!  🥰

Galatians 6:14 "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

• LOL 10

They dressed in purple. No daVe pic, Jill I can’t tell if was wearing purple. She was wearing white shoes of some kind.

Poor Sofia didn’t even hostage smile, she is so over it and looks very sick…

• Sad 5

I wonder if Jill finally saw Tim's posts.  She's mad about something, and will come down even more strict on the children still at home.  I think she will be picking spouses in the future.  Maybe she can borrow a copy of Jim Bob's questionaire.

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill’s latest:

Finding time with God is a decision.  😊🥰❤️  I think Christians have become weak because they call things "Biblical" that are not even close to the heart of God.  😢  We simply don't know our Bibles anymore and we "cherry pick" verses to go along with our liberal mindset.  I have SO much hate flung my way due to our stand on Biblical principles.  I love ALL people deeply, but if compromise is what is required of me to obtain favor in other people's lives, then I guess I will stand outside of their favor.  I care more deeply about standing in favor with God.  😉  It can be a lonely place sometimes, but it will be worth it all, when I see Jesus!  🥰

Galatians 6:14 "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world."

No one wants your “favor,” Jill. 

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if Jill finally saw Tim's posts.  She's mad about something, and will come down even more strict on the children still at home.  I think she will be picking spouses in the future.  Maybe she can borrow a copy of Jim Bob's questionaire.

Yes, this and her screed last week seem specifically aimed at Tim. Now she's playing "better Christian" games with her own son. 

• Like 11
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

For all of Jill's talk about how children are a blessing from God, they sure don't care much about taking care of said blessings after they are born.

that's all fundies.    It's about the numbers.   The more you have the more dogly you are and the better your position in heaven (covetnous, and a very other things right there).     Not one word about how well you care for them having any effect.   So birth them babies, then hand them off to a sister mom so you can get back to getting pregnant.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

that's all fundies.    It's about the numbers.   The more you have the more dogly you are and the better your position in heaven (covetnous, and a very other things right there).     Not one word about how well you care for them having any effect.   So birth them babies, then hand them off to a sister mom so you can get back to getting pregnant.

Jill was getting knocked up 3-5 months after giving birth to her first six or so kids. That was long before even precious Nurie could become a sister mom. But hey, it was Jill's decision to have unprotected sex so soon after giving birth to all subsequent children. I think they were living in the Bronx (or was it Queens?), nowhere near Ma Noyes for help. I figure she used sweet church ladies to help in those early years.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think they were living in the Bronx (or was it Queens?)

It was Queens, they lived in Astoria.

• Thanks 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Because she is the godliest of all here on earth and the rest of us are heathens. 

• Like 8

Tim wrote another post aimed at mommy dearest. Oooo he’s over Mahmo and her poo. Tim realizes that his parents are awful.

Also Jill needs to stop showing off her feet. It’s gross. Dave must love feet or something. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Can you post it? I get all my Rod dirt here.

He wrote about all the good stuff you can depend on God for (salvation, etc). At the end says you can't depend on people and FAMILY (emphasis mine), but you can always depend on God. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Can you post it? I get all my Rod dirt here.

So thankful for God and the help He is in time of need! 😁🙏🏼
He is my salvation! 
He is my deliverer! 
He is my rock! 
He is my foundation! 
He is my strong tower! 
He is my prince of peace! 
He is my friend! 
Exodus 15:2 KJV
The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Psalm 18:2 KJV
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Remember God is always there for you even when people and family may not be! Have a great day! 😁

.Heidi’s mother replied:

F72CDC7D-7262-405D-8A22-D9EB63391D38.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Useful 2

It seems Timothy may have learned a couple of things from mama dragging him home away from his first budding relationship and he's found support in Heidi's family.  I hope Heidi is much stronger than Jill and impervious to all Jill's manipulative moves.

• Like 18

Ooooh, Heidi's family has shown him you can have fun, have a close family and not have to perform on camera to keep a crazy woman happy.   I think Heidi's family is genuinely close but the Rods are just together all the time but have been taught to compete for Mamma's affection.   Tim still is probably a Dog Botherer but he is learning so much about how the rest of the world really works from her family.   Mahmo must be incandescent that one of her "blessings" is actually thinking for himself and not just catering to her every whim.

• Like 14
39 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Ooooh, Heidi's family has shown him you can have fun, have a close family and not have to perform on camera to keep a crazy woman happy.   I think Heidi's family is genuinely close but the Rods are just together all the time but have been taught to compete for Mamma's affection.   Tim still is probably a Dog Botherer but he is learning so much about how the rest of the world really works from her family.   Mahmo must be incandescent that one of her "blessings" is actually thinking for himself and not just catering to her every whim.

It's like Justin Duggar finding an in-law family to be closer to, and more supportive of him.  Their belief system sucks, but it is nice that Tim has found a loving partner, and that he and Heidi are well suited to one another.

• Like 13

The reply from Renee:

Thank you SOO much, Mama, for this encouraging and sweet post!! ❤️❤️ You never fail to show your love, praise, and kindness to all those around you, but show triple the love and support to those closest to you. 🥹  I can almost promise that there is not another mother out there who is more sacrificial and giving to her children than YOU are!! It is easy to serve the Lord during this time in my life with you and Daddy as my parents. Thank you for being my greatest friend and the best Mama ever; someone I can laugh with until I can't breath or just sob with in the hard times. 

I love you to my favorite star and back again!! 🩷💫💫💫💫💫🩷 -Renee

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 12
(edited)

Just what sacrifices has Jill made for her children?  They live where Dave and her chose.  It’s decorated with everything that will fit in it and then some.  She has plenty of clothes, make-up, and buys stuff on every vacation.  She eats out and goes to girls’ night  coffee a lot.  They travel all the time- it’s her choice to do that. It’s her choice to ‘homeschool’, although I think the kids are actually unschooled.  I don’t see any sacrifices she’s made.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
  • Sad 7
  • Applause 1

Renee is going to be the designated stay at home and care for the old folks daughter.

P.S. Jill the "Mrs." isn't a real degree.   It was a way to put down the women who only went to college to get a husband instead of an education to support themselves.

• Like 13
  • Sad 4

Funny thing is Jill post something very similar last october.

From 10/23/23

"I love watching Renee thrive as she waits for the perfect man for her. She has a winning personality and has had her share of guys pursue her, but she is contentedly waiting on God's perfect choice for her. She is not willing to compromise her convictions or beliefs to obtain her "MRS" degree. She joyfully serves with her family as we travel and sing and she loves being an auntie, sister, daughter, friend and servant of the King, Jesus Christ. I appreciate and love her MORE than words can express, and she brings our home (and all who meet her) immeasurable JOY and kindness. Love you, Renee, and I cannot wait to watch God bless you for your faithfulness!

Many Hugs, Mama"

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 7

That picture that accompanies the latest Renee post does not look like someone who is contented to me.  She looks miserable.  Also, there is so much to unpack in that post.  It looks like there is a shot at Tim in there about not compromising her Biblical principles.  Also, the reference yet again to the MRS degree which Jill clearly doesn't understand.  But the strangest part of all is Jill talking about seeing her in heaven when she dies.  That is a strange thought to have about your young daughter.  

The thing that has stood out to me about Tim's statements is that he is the first Rod to actually talk about Christ's commandment to love others as yourself.  Jill talks about how she loves everyone then goes on to spew venom about how everyone else isn't a real Christian.  The only time she references Jesus is to go on about the cross rather than anything about love or heaven forbid social justice.  Tim seems to actually be giving some thought to the stuff he is reading in the Bible about what Jesus said.  I still hope someone in Heidi's family can get through to him on how adults in the working world need to operate as he still doesn't seem to grasp that.

• Like 20