Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Heidi is strong in that she is self-confident and willing to stand her ground.

Jill is just domineering and self-centered.   I also suspect Jill is very insecure which is why she always shouting out how great her family is while everyone else is just mess.   Or how great her hunk is, when he is well.. David.

I’m howling at : when he is well.. David

• LOL 7

Jill posted her cooking a soup. It’s as appealing as you imagine… (not). She gave Dave a heart shaped chunk of cream cheese as a topping…

Dave nor his kids seemed to enjoy it at all. Probably tasted awful.

• Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

His face said thumbs down wifey dearest. 

His face is always sour, even when he's having fun. I think he's deeply unhappy. Jill often makes a big deal about him being the Headship, but I think that's all for show. He seems ad brow beaten as the kids. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
On 4/25/2024 at 10:56 AM, MamaMax said:

And ya just know that every stick of furniture and  doodad came from Hobby Lobby

Or a yard sale or 2nd hand store.

2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill posted her cooking a soup. It’s as appealing as you imagine… (not). She gave Dave a heart shaped chunk of cream cheese as a topping…

Dave nor his kids seemed to enjoy it at all. Probably tasted awful.

I don’t think a starving dog would eat gizzard soup.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Did he?

He did not!  He actually liked my comment and thanked me for making it!!

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 8
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Tim will agree to anything to marry a woman. After marrying Heidi his tune will change!

I'm willing to give him a chance, and I hope I'm not wrong.  I think Heidi has been raised with the ability to voice an opinion, and they do seem to really be in love.  I am curious to see how this plays out, and I am hoping that Tim is influenced by his in-laws and can let go of the "rules" of his upbringing.  (fingers crossed)

• Like 13
11 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm willing to give him a chance, and I hope I'm not wrong.  I think Heidi has been raised with the ability to voice an opinion, and they do seem to really be in love.  I am curious to see how this plays out, and I am hoping that Tim is influenced by his in-laws and can let go of the "rules" of his upbringing.  (fingers crossed)

I agree. My fingers are crossed too, for both Tim's and Heidi's sakes. 

• Like 7
10 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I agree. My fingers are crossed too, for both Tim's and Heidi's sakes. 

I think they may be fine as long as his nasty-piece-of-work mother stays out of their business.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think they may be fine as long as his nasty-piece-of-work mother stays out of their business.

Not likely!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
On 4/26/2024 at 6:40 AM, merylinkid said:

.   Dave may hold the same hateful beliefs as she but I don't think he cares enough to bother what women wear.   

Dave has given sermons on the sluttish women who dress like men and are godless whores.  He definitely agrees with Jill's take on women's wear.  They also were asked to leave a church in New York state after Dave chewed out the pastor for being lax and not condemning pants wearing amongst the wimminfolk.  word is he actually preached to the congregation, telling them how sinful it was that the pastor wasn't condemning those who didn't dress according to his interpretation of the Bible.

I think Dave has the same POV as Jill on the subject.

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Across time and culture, men have worn kilts, sarongs, togas, kimonos, and similar garments. Jesus is depicted in a robe, not in pants. Is David OK with men in "skirts"?

And, not only that, except for the veil, most women and men wore essentially the same clothing in Jerusalem when Jesus lived.  Yet, we don't see Jill wearing a veil; just cheap extensions and baseball bonnets.

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
14 minutes ago, Notabug said:

And, not only that, except for the veil, most women and men wore essentially the same clothing in Jerusalem when Jesus lived.  Yet, we don't see Jill wearing a veil; just cheap extensions and baseball bonnets.

Think of the money she could save and use to buy food to feed her kids. A veil covering her face would save even more. Even dollar store makeup in the amounts she uses adds up. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Why she always makes strange faces??? 

She insists her children make the same strange faces in photos too. This is a  woman who spills a whole bottle of emojis and scatters Random CAPITAL LetteRs in every post she makes, after all. 

Look at me!!

Look how much fun I'm having!!!

I'm being persecuted! Feel sorry for me!!!!

I don't know how to express my emotions in words!!!!! 😭 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
On 4/27/2024 at 1:43 PM, farmgal4 said:

Or a yard sale or 2nd hand store.

I don’t think a starving dog would eat gizzard soup.

I thought the gizzard soup thing was a joke 🤢.  Just think how much actual food that doesn't creep people out she could buy without buying plexus?  Or for god's sake, visit a food pantry.  Maybe she is trying to give Davey gout.  And perhaps I am bringing my own feelings into this matter.  HA!

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I thought the gizzard soup thing was a joke 🤢.  Just think how much actual food that doesn't creep people out she could buy without buying plexus?  Or for god's sake, visit a food pantry.  Maybe she is trying to give Davey gout.  And perhaps I am bringing my own feelings into this matter.  HA!

In the soup video Dave looks very unwell. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
18 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

It’s cream cheese lol.

Jill the chef does that!

I have worried about Dave's health for a while.  He really does not look well.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I have worried about Dave's health for a while.  He really does not look well.

I've thought the same thing.  I don't know if it is physical or if it is he is so unhappy being with Jill and he wants to be left alone so he can watch the map in peace.   I do think he needs to see a doctor and have a thorough exam, including blood work.  I don't have any sympathy for him considering how the kids are forced to live their lives, but that doesn't mean I can't be concerned.   

• Like 15

I'm guessing that regular check-ups with blood work, are not part of the Rod health care routine. I do think Dave has slimmed down a little. I wonder if he's ingesting Plexus?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

They drink raw milk, they don’t need no plexus or laxatives anymore. 

Considering bird flu is being found in cows, that is not a good idea.   I can just imagine all the Rods getting sick and Jill blaming Satan for attacking her Godly family.   Satan mad because they want to live their simple lives without modern conveniences like pasteurization (electricity, cars, and phones do not count)

• Like 12
23 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Considering bird flu is being found in cows, that is not a good idea.   I can just imagine all the Rods getting sick and Jill blaming Satan for attacking her Godly family.   Satan mad because they want to live their simple lives without modern conveniences like pasteurization (electricity, cars, and phones do not count)

Nor do maps.

• LOL 14
(edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 6:11 PM, Natalie68 said:

I will admit to actually liking gizzards...My parents were old-country Polish immigrants who considered them a delicacy, and I guess I just developed a taste for them, along with the heart, neck, and crunchy bits of cartilage LOL. Those are my personal treats when I roast a chicken, since neither Mr Jyn nor any of the kids even want to know about it!I  guess a lot of taste depends on one's upbringing, though I still don't like liver.

I've never had, not even heard of gizzard soup, though. I guess I'd try it, but I imagine they would be better roasted.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 9
  • Useful 2
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My mom made gravy from all the turkey innards and neck. But it was strained prior to serving.

My late aunt made a turkey stuffing with the giblets. I guess that was eaten often in DR. When I met my ex, his grandmother, who was from New Orleans, made hers the same way. It was REALLY good. And I don't like those kind of things. 

• Like 11
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I will admit to actually liking gizzards...My parents were old-country Polish immigrants who considered them a delicacy, and I guess I just developed a taste for them, along with the heart, neck, and crunchy bits of cartilage LOL. Those are my personal treats when I roast a chicken, since neither Mr Jyn nor any of the kids even want to know about it!I  guess a lot of taste depends on one's upbringing, though I still don't like liver.

I've never had, not even heard of gizzard soup, though. I guess I'd try it, but I imagine they would be better roasted.

I like chicken livers and gizzards. I only eat them once or twice a year and I have to have fried okra with them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My mom made gravy from all the turkey innards and neck. But it was strained prior to serving.

So did my mom. It was the best turkey.

• Like 7

I'm sure gizzard soup is good and so is gizzard stuffing.   But this is Jill and her unique cooking skills we are talking about.   Even Dave could only give a half-hearted thumbs up.   

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I'm sure gizzard soup is good and so is gizzard stuffing.   But this is Jill and her unique cooking skills we are talking about.   Even Dave could only give a half-hearted thumbs up.   

I'm sure properly prepared that soup is very good. Jill could take a good steak and ruin it. 

• Like 13
20 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Jill could take a bowl of cold cereal and ruin it.

JillR actually shared a pic of two of the younger girls sharing one bowl. One bowls w/ 2 spoons.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 14

This could explain why none of the children eat.   It could be a clever ploy to save money.     Food so unappetizing that no one wants to eat it with the added benefit of Jill getting to feel puttout because of all the hard work she put into it so she BEGS her hunky hubby to take her to a nice meal with all the money she saved.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

This could explain why none of the children eat.   It could be a clever ploy to save money.     Food so unappetizing that no one wants to eat it with the added benefit of Jill getting to feel puttout because of all the hard work she put into it so she BEGS her hunky hubby to take her to a nice meal with all the money she saved.  

I think she is not only a crappy cook but she just doesn't care. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 6