Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

This was on in the background as I was shutting down the house for the night/getting stuff ready for the morning.  I don't remember anything after the random superfan with the multiple pages of notes and Venn diagrams started trying to compare the Negan/Simon fight to one of the most epic fights on Game of Thrones.  That show has also had its problems in the later seasons but uh no.  Nope.  Just no.  Not even in the same ballpark.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

This was on in the background as I was shutting down the house for the night/getting stuff ready for the morning.  I don't remember anything after the random superfan with the multiple pages of notes and Venn diagrams started trying to compare the Negan/Simon fight to one of the most epic fights on Game of Thrones.  That show has also had its problems in the later seasons but uh no.  Nope.  Just no.  Not even in the same ballpark.

That woman was a waste of guest spot, why not put Eugene there with Rosita and of course Simon

super fan... puke 

Yeah, the super fan was not so super and did not add anything.  I got miffed though by how often they all commented on how wise and mature Carl was and therefore Rick should listen to him and end the war with Negan.  Just no.  Stop trying to sell that story line-especially with emphasizing the "wisdom" of Carl in order to justify the stupidity of Negan as just a regular guy who just wants to help people...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Thank you all for taking one "for the team", and watching "The Talking Dead."  I am going to have to DVR the season ending episode of TTD, just so I can see them try to explain a season finale that I assume will be underwhelming.  Of course I think it airs later than usual because FTWD airs immediately after TWD season finale.

Next sunday night truly could be snarktastic.

Did anyone ask why he would bother breaking a walkie talkie in the first place?  I would imagine they are in pretty short supply.

I am not going to bother and go re-watch the scene, but I thought Nagen had to step on the walkie talkie to break it.

Was she serious, or did TPTB tell her to say that? 

Perhaps she is afraid of being "Carled"?

Yes, he did step on it. If fact it looked relatively intact when he stepped on it. But it was just the uselessness of the tip that got me. I'm glad they didn't go into the mechanics of Dwight stepping on his cigarette.

• Love 3

Yeah, the super fan was not so super and did not add anything.

Worse than that I actually felt sorry for her. Maybe if this was four years ago but for someone to be so obsessed with a show so obviously in the toilet right now makes me sad. 

• Love 4

I'm really feeling a little sorry for JDM. The 3 actors clearly enjoy each other and have fun together. It really has to bite being given such garbage week after week and be expected to sell it. He has to know what the audience thinks of his character...and it can't be fun.

• Love 6

Andy Lincoln has the most wonderful smile!  It's a crime that he's a character whose bio starts with "unsmiling".

The interplay between the actors was really fun to see.  I love Lennie, Andy, and JDM!  They seem like cool people, and they seem to enjoy giving each other a hard time.  That's true friendship.  I also liked some of the little stories, like Danai choking JDM out by mistake.  "She's not just Michonne, she's Okoye, so you get a super Michonne"  LOL

(shallow opinion)  Look.  JDM is a fine ass man regard of facial hair or clothes.  And I know some folks are into the beard/outdoorsy thing, but that isn't me.  YMMV, but IMO he needs to shave that terrible hillbilly thing of his gorgeous face.  It's a damn shame. (/shallow opinion)

Kirkman was comparatively quiet.  That was nice!

Gimple was not quiet.  Less nice!  

Maybe I'm being oversensitive, but I found the audience member's addition to the question about putting on the cop outfit ("...and dye your hair") a bit rude.  Like, here is an actor you like on a show you like and you get to ask a question, but he is a stranger to you.  He's being adorably self deprecating about the outfit being a little tight, and you insert a fairly IMO rude statement.  Not a cute look, chick.  

• Love 3

I'm glad I started watching TD, just because of the comment about JDM's three-page monologues. LOL. "He's going to have to be quiet now."

I missed a bit of the conversation as I was getting back to this forum. I do like seeing the actors together, and I feel bad for Lennie, that he's not going to be with them when they start filming again. I grew up in England, but am half-American (my dad), and have lived here for years. July 4th is more weird than Thanksgiving, for the reason he gave, when I actually think about it. Celebrating being rid of us. 

I wish Eugene was actually on the couch. I like it when he's on this show. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

The interplay between the actors was really fun to see.  I love Lennie, Andy, and JDM!  They seem like cool people, and they seem to enjoy giving each other a hard time. 

Sigh, yes, three good looking, intelligent men, though that thing on JDM's face is atrocious.  It was fun to have the three of them together on the couch.

I did laugh at Kirkman talking about the time between Morgan leaving WD and appearing on FTWD - "It'll be vaguely explored without ever nailing it down".

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, raven said:

I did laugh at Kirkman talking about the time between Morgan leaving WD and appearing on FTWD - "It'll be vaguely explored without ever nailing it down".

Ha! That should be the tagline for the entire show!

Andy is so rarely on TTD, that it makes me want to watch it, but they're all sort of dead to me now.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peach said:

Andy is so rarely on TTD, that it makes me want to watch it, but they're all sort of dead to me now.

If you like AL, I'd say give it a try, it's a good one.  Kirkman and Gimple say little and Hardwick is kind of funny.  I haven't watched it in the last couple of weeks but I'm glad I watched this one.

• Love 2

This was the best Talking Dead in a long, long time primarily because Andrew Lincoln was on it.  Chris Hardwick was toned down a bit, which I really appreciated as I thought he was becoming more and more self-focused rather than show-focused this season.  I think Kirkman and Gimple were there to make sure Andy didn't give anything away, especially regarding Chandler/Carl's death.

I really wish that they didn't devote a good portion of time to Fear though.

• Love 2
On 4/15/2018 at 11:41 PM, shanndee said:

I'm really feeling a little sorry for JDM. The 3 actors clearly enjoy each other and have fun together. It really has to bite being given such garbage week after week and be expected to sell it. He has to know what the audience thinks of his character...and it can't be fun.

I like the Negan character, so does my girlfriend, so do other people I know.  I'm disappointed in the direction of the show overall, but I think Negan has been okay.  It's true that story-wise, someone should have killed him long ago (and many times), but as icemiser69 said, that's a writing/showrunner issue.

I think JDM has done about as good a job with the Negan character as can be done.  Maybe there are people who don't like him, but there are also many who do.

• Love 2

He apparently also has a Talking Dead-style show about general pop culture that's supposed to be airing on Sundays on AMC separate from the WD franchise, as well as a gameshow on NBC.  So far neither he nor either network has issued any kind of statement about this.

• Love 1

Dykstra's essay is powerful, with lots of detail and this warning at the end:

PS: To the man who tried to ruin my future: A sincere and heartfelt apology could have made my last four years a hell of a lot easier. The person I used to date would try to sue me due to pride- I would not recommend it. I have audio/video that will support and prove many of the things I’ve stated in this post. I’ve chosen not to include it for your sake, in the hopes that the person you’ve become will do the right thing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

I believe Chloe and hope she releases the audio.

Final nail in his coffin.

They'll replace him, hopefully YNB gets the gig.

The aim of her narrative was clear but what struck me most was this twenty something telling us she's woman enough to hook up with older men, but continues on several years in a relationship that was lousy from the start. After seeking therapy and talking with friends, she doesn't think she was a bit stupid or lacking good judgement. We just get some snowflake analogy about digging for water.  They weren't married so there was no commitment to uphold. She says the list of rules she needed to follow to stay in the relationship were set two weeks in. Per her description, he sounds like a pig and his list of demands unacceptable, but it was truth in advertising from the get go, so get. I really don't respect "a warning" from someone who took crap from day one claiming she only wanted him to love her like she loved him. 

Contrary to her narrative, I believe she had low self esteem going into the relationship or she sold her self respect betting on a different outcome. My red flag was how she glibly mentioned her daddy issues, without a sense of introspection.

I don't have any opinion about the blacklisting. Since she accomplished her goal of wiping him from the industry with an internet posting, she should provide the receipts.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

The aim of her narrative was clear but what struck me most was this twenty something telling us she's woman enough to hook up with older men, but continues on several years in a relationship that was lousy from the start. 

It happens everyday.

My red flag was how she glibly mentioned her daddy issues, without a sense of introspection.

How should she mention them?

I don't have any opinion about the blacklisting. Since she accomplished her goal of wiping him from the industry with an internet posting, she should provide the receipts.

And since she's indicated she has them, great.

14 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

I believe Chloe and hope she releases the audio.

Final nail in his coffin.

They'll replace him, hopefully YNB gets the gig.

She popped into my head as soon as the question came up what will they do. I'm surprised YNB hasn't been given a greater role by now regardless of recent events. 

I think Ms Chloe definitely believes her story. I can't picture her putting herself on a limb to anonymously trash Hardwick. The next step is more 'evidence' or just admit it's about him.

(edited)
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

It happens everyday.

How should she mention them?

And since she's indicated she has them, great.

Kind of like if someone has a food addiction problem they shouldn't keep visiting the all you can eat fry-a-rama. She needs to honestly address why she immersed herself in that clearly labeled toxic relationship.

Her manifest was put on the internet to have AMC dump him yet at the end she pretends like this was a personal letter to him, asking him to do the right thing, whatever that may be. She can't even be honest that she is looking for payback and not an apology. He's done. Nothing else for him to do for her.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, misstwpherecool said:

She popped into my head as soon as the question came up what will they do. I'm surprised YNB hasn't been given a greater role by now regardless of recent events. 

I think Ms Chloe definitely believes her story. I can't picture her putting herself on a limb to anonymously trash Hardwick. The next step is more 'evidence' or just admit it's about him.

I think the gig was overdone a long time ago. I can barely tolerate Chris (I HATE when he reads and mimics fan comments), but when the main show was good, TD was enjoyable. But when the shows go downhill, TD is too self serving, just a shill. I wouldn't want to see YNB put in such a position.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Her manifest was put on the internet to have AMC dump him yet at the end she pretends like this was a personal letter to him, asking him to do the right thing, whatever that may be. 

Ummm... aren’t “personal letters” usually sent, yaknow, to an individual person...?

Edited by Nashville
Added bolding
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Nashville said:

Ummm... aren’t “personal letters” usually sent, yaknow, to an individual person...?

Not anymore! Nothing is personal, not even what you do in your bedroom. Everyone has to get tweets and twitters about it, with comments from all readers. The dumbest generation can't live offline. I've never watched Hardwick, never watched TTD and have no idea who this "Chloe" is. Hardwick's silliness and high-pitched yowling puts me off. All I know is that, with the current climate of universal bitching abounding in which accusation of an offense allegedly commited 20 years ago is the only criteria needed for a verdict of "guilty" there are going to be a lot of job openings in the TV/movie industry.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

All I know is that, with the current climate of universal bitching abounding in which accusation of an offense allegedly commited 20 years ago is the only criteria needed for a verdict of "guilty" there are going to be a lot of job openings in the TV/movie industry.

That's what bothers me.  Some of what she said is probably true, but is it more than bad behavior, a bad relationship, revenge for not getting what you think you deserve from a relationship?  No one knows and most likely can't be proven.  She says he forced her to have sex, did she actually tell him no or just did not want sex and felt resentment afterwards?  The thing is, as others have said, they weren't married or they didn't have kids.  It should have been easy to walk away, UNLESS there was a reason to stay?  Lifestyle, opportunities, money, security, who knows.  This is the first time I have heard of this girl, but she should have left the first time he did something she didn't like enough to do something like this.....basically ruin his career.  I'm all for ItsTime but not for let's get back at this guy because he treated me like $hit.  If she can prove the blackballing I'd be more down with that the other stuff that will always be He Said She Said.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Palomar said:

Some of what she said is probably true, but is it more than bad behavior, a bad relationship, revenge for not getting what you think you deserve from a relationship?  No one knows and most likely can't be proven.

That's it. Rape is a crime. Making awkward or persistant passes is not. It's annoying, I know. I endured years of it but never did I think the passes or whatever were criminal acts, but I also didn't go out for dinner or to a hotel room with my harassers and then shriek about it 10 years later. Duh. Every other conviction for crime requires evidence, but not here. There is no proof required that any of the accused -  whose careers and lives have been ruined - did any of what they are accused of. How can anyone disprove something from 10 - 20 years ago? What's to stop any woman who got dumped or turned down or didn't get a job all those years ago from screaming "Abuse!" now, even if it actually never did happen?

It's not just women either. Film maker, Tony Montana, has jumped on the bandwagon and is saying Kevin Spacey put his hand on his crotch 13 years ago, when Montana was a man in his 30's. He was traumatized and never told anyone but his therapist, until now. Yes, a 30 year old man is traumatized because another man touched him. What the hell is this insanity? I don't if I should laugh or cry.

• Love 14

I read her article, she doesn't describe it as rape, she never says he forced her. She says she layed there like a fish which sadly is what a lot of wives/girlfriends do just to shut them up. I think he's guilty of extremely dickish behavior and I'm sure he kept her self esteem low but I don't think assault.

• Love 7

The posting by Dykstra detailed a three-year relationship in which she was restricted from going out at night, having male friends or speaking in public places, among other controlling behavior by the unnamed Hardwick. It also claimed that she was the victim of sexual and emotional assault by Hardwick

Was she a minor? In a state of bondage? Tied to the bed? He did such horrible things to her she only stayed with him for three years. I can't stand the little ass-kissing weasel, and yes, I believe he could be an insecure, possessive little asshole, but he was her asshole and she stayed with him for years. No one can walk on you unless you lie down. These are modern times and a woman is no longer the property of a man. You have issues or self-esteem problems or whatever, get help! Go on Dr.Phil! Do something. I guess she has proof of the sexual assaults, which would be the only criminal act here, since saying he "won't let me" do things is not a crime? And if you stay with someone after they sexually assault you, that's condonation as I understand it. She forgave him. She's not just on the trendy bandwagon and making it up for attention and/or revenge, is she? Has the statute of limitations been abolished in the cases of accusations of sexual abuse if it applies to male celebrities (no matter how minor)? Is grabbing someone's crotch 20 years ago now on the same felonious level as first-degree murder?

It's very scary when someone can have their lives destroyed - virtually forever because even if allegations are proven false, no one forgets and most people feel where there's smoke, there's fire - just because someone makes unsubstantiated claims against them. It's like the Salem witch hunts - there's no way to win.

• Love 13

There was a big age difference between them, he would have been about 40 by the end of their relationship. I kinda laugh when she says he was expecting her not to go out at night because he wasn't friggin 80 years old but my guess is that he had packed away his party days and had settled into being a homebody (which isn't really true because he's got 97 jobs and has to go to "work" functions and cons etc all the time) so his saying he just wants to stay home, and she being 21ish she's all "lets party" and maybe he didn't want her speaking in public because she sounds like a moron? Her job description was "professional cosplayer" which I know in L.A. might be a real job but I think she wanted to be in a particular circle, he provided that.

I wonder if any of his comedy friends have distanced themselves? He's not Louis C.K. or Cosby fercristsakes

• Love 4

She calls them sexual assaults but then states "To be fair, I did go along with it out of fear of losing him". This is awfully murky. Having sex when you don't feel like but going along with it for fear of losing your partner is gross and sad and weird, but I'm not ready to call it rape. I've been raped. I always want to believe the women because we are so often NOT believed, but I'm really unclear on this one. I DO like Hardwick, and this shit gets harder when it's someone you like. I absolutely want to be fair. I'm just really unsure where the line begins between due process and innocent until proven guilty and the one that, outside of a courtroom, ruins someone's career and perhaps life due to one allegation.

The rest of it sounds like a 50 shades of Grey thing gone wrong(er). I'd never let any guy dictate to me the way she's saying he did, and it's creepy, unless is some kind of consensual sub/dom thing (I don't get that kind of relationship, but if it works for two people, go for it), but I'm uncertain it's actionable or worthy of ruining someone's life.

• Love 17

I'm glad to see common sense is pretty much the prevailing sentiment here. This woman wasn't chained to the radiator, she could have left any time.

And even if she has 'proof' of black balling, how can she prove it has something to do with the alleged assault (if that's her intent)? Does she have a recording of him telling a producer 'don't hire her, she didn't want me to sleep with her one time but I did anyway'. Otherwise, what does she mean? Is it illegal to black ball people because, say, they're terrible actors, or chronically late or something? Maybe it is, I'm no lawyer. 

Anyway, this is amusing to me, because I remember being surprised to read in 2016 that Hardwick had married (a woman). I always assumed he of the carefully tousled hair and curated nerd clothes, was gay.

• Love 2

I've been really thinking over this whole issue, and I do think it's a very grey area. I am a woman, I have been abused, and I've been hesitant to express my thoughts on this, because there are other communities where people are getting banned from groups for even questioning her account, or are being told they must be abusers themselves for not believing her.

But I admit, I don't like how this whole issue was presented. I know nothing about Chloe, and what she may have gone through. I do believe that they apparently had a very toxic and unbalanced relationship. His response was not good.

But some of her complaints are nothing more than crappy behaviours from a partner, or things that can be seen in different views. Do we all post about our bad relationships on social media? I guess these days we do.

As a recovering alcoholic myself, I have asked SOs to not drink around me. Ordered it? No, but I would not be comfortable with alcohol in my/our house. Going out to dinner and he's on his phone? Rude, but not unusual. Being weird that people are listening to their conversations in public? Paranoid, but I get it. Did he yell, insult and berate her? Was it one-sided or ugly all around? Gross, but not criminal. 

Her most serious complaints are their sexual relationship and whether he blackballed her from the industry. It sounds like there are witnesses to the blackballing, according to her BF, who has his own icky dick-pic sending past many years ago. 

The sexual relationship sounds unhealthy, absolutely. She talks about being punished. How? Can she make a civil case somehow? I'm not sure how that works.

But I don't like how she put all the info out there, but didn't name him. Is she afraid of being accused of defamation? If she has proof, and certainly if she has proof of anything criminal, she should pursue legal action in some way. She should show the evidence. But she says she won't because she's hoping he's a better person who won't sue her, or something? The ending just read weird.

I don't know, I do think I'll get attacked for this post, but I also have never been a fan of the court of public opinion. It's not new, but I don't like it. But at the same time, I acknowledge that much abuse (especially emotional), and harassment is behind closed doors, with no witnesses. 

I feel for her, but like the post above says, is being a shitty boyfriend years ago worthy of having your career ended? He really can't do much either. He's toast for now. And I've seen a few people say that even if he's innocent, he just needs to apologize and hope it goes away.

I don't know what the best solution is for these situations. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, nachomama said:

There was a big age difference between them

Not surprising that little dweeb would want a young girl, someone he felt he could control and make him feel like he has some cojones. They both wanted something, and as Judge Judy tells whining women who complain and sue their loser, jerk boyfriends - "You picked him and you stayed with him. Why are you bothering me with this!"

• Love 3
2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

She calls them sexual assaults but then states "To be fair, I did go along with it out of fear of losing him". This is awfully murky. Having sex when you don't feel like but going along with it for fear of losing your partner is gross and sad and weird, but I'm not ready to call it rape. 

This is one of my primary sticking points as well.  By definition, sexual assault is forcing sexual activity upon a person contrary to their will.  If Chloe never voiced such contrariness of will - i.e., she never told Chris “no” - then how could subsequent sexual activity be construed as “assault”?

• Love 3
(edited)

This all could have been avoided two weeks after the relationship started when he allegedly laid down the law.

"Dude, Rules? Like those? I wanna be with you but not like that.  I wish you well, have a nice life."

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 11
(edited)

First of all, I don't know this guy from Adam. We don't get Talking Dead here and I only heard about this guy doing Comic Con panels or what not. And I'm not familiar with US laws but...since when is it 'guilty until proven innocent'? In most laws of the Western World it's 'innocent until proven guilty'. From what I understand, she didn't even name drop this guy. Everyone just assumes. But suddenly his career is in shambles even though nothing is officially proven?

How the heck did it come to this? Now every woman in the business or married into it or whose boyfriend is in it comes out with allegations even if it was a decade or longer ago? And they are all believed to be telling the truth why exactly? Just because of the lack of a penis? Because women never ever lie for any reason? I'm sorry but wth? Some of them are not doing ACTUAL victims any favors. Quite the opposite actually.

Actual victims who couldn't get out of things like abuse or who were harassed or sexually assaulted with no way to prevent it...this will just ensure in the long run that we are back to 'no one believes them'. And really, especially in all these Hollywood cases, a lot of these women had choices. And most of them chose to keep their mouths shut for years, didn't come forward, chose to stay in the business and often chose to work repeatedly with the people who have harmed them. They also chose to put their safety and health at risk for some fame and said to hell with my dignity. And they sure as hell ensured there will be more victims when they kept quiet.

In terms of this woman, from what I have read she exercised her free will in this relationship at every step. She chose to be with him despite knowing his relationship expectations which she herself stated she knew like 2 weeks into the relationship.

“To be fair, I did go along with it out of fear of losing him.” is her reason for staying with him. Well honey, you said yes. Does yes suddenly mean no?

And what's with the rest of her excuses? 'I quietly posted...'. Right because the internet is so quiet when it comes to #metoo. She didn't want to name him because she didn't want the Nerdist people to suffer. Erm, the guy has other projects going where people are also employed. And they probably will suffer from this. So this excuse doesn't make a lick of sense, unless her goal is protecting herself from defamation charges. And her threatening to release evidence should he get law enforcement involved. Aren't black mail and extortion illegal?

This sounds like a highly dysfunctional relationship between two people (probably due to age difference) where one chose to get a little publicity (doesn't she have her first high profile movie coming out?) out of it, probably also expecting some nice cash and it's made easy for her thanks to the current #metoo climate.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, Smad said:

“To be fair, I did go along with it out of fear of losing him.” is her reason for staying with him. Well honey, you said yes.

She chose to "go along with it." That was her choice - the choice of a grown woman who presumbly is of sound mind and body. Why the hell is she bitching about it now? What are men going to do? Have a chaperon present if they have a cup of coffee with a woman, to make sure she can't yell (or tweet or twitter or FB) later that he touched her inappropriately or verbally/emotionally/mentally abused her? I know full well that true harassment and abuse occur, but I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that a woman can wreck a man's life after she willingly went to a hotel room with him. "Oh, I thought we were going to a screening room! I really wanted the job so I said nothing when I saw it was his room and when he touched me, and undressed me and massaged me and had sex with me, I just didn't understand what was happening." OH, STFU.

42 minutes ago, Smad said:

This sounds like a highly dysfunctional relationship between two people (probably due to age difference) where one chose to get a little publicity (doesn't she have her first high profile movie coming out?) out of it, probably also expecting some nice cash and it's made easy for her thanks to the current #metoo climate.

Exactly. It's perfectly in tune with the rest of nuttiness, where if you say anything that is not completely inoffensive to anyone/any living creature on the planet or even have thoughts that are non-generic you will have your career ended and/or your life ruined in the name of political correctness. I said many years ago that this was going to destroy civilization and I'm not happy that seems to be coming true. Name-calling (yes, something that children do) is now seemingly a felony. Sorry, but I feel really strongly about this.

• Love 3
On 6/17/2018 at 11:45 PM, Iguessnot said:

The aim of her narrative was clear but what struck me most was this twenty something telling us she's woman enough to hook up with older men, but continues on several years in a relationship that was lousy from the start. After seeking therapy and talking with friends, she doesn't think she was a bit stupid or lacking good judgement. We just get some snowflake analogy about digging for water.  They weren't married so there was no commitment to uphold. She says the list of rules she needed to follow to stay in the relationship were set two weeks in. Per her description, he sounds like a pig and his list of demands unacceptable, but it was truth in advertising from the get go, so get. I really don't respect "a warning" from someone who took crap from day one claiming she only wanted him to love her like she loved him. 

My mother was the strongest woman I knew, but she stayed with a sociopath (he was actually a sociopath), much longer than she should have. He almost drove her insane - she admitted to me that she spoke to a woman at a hotline in England, I don't know how many times, but once she finally extricated herself (and us kids) from that relationship, they met somewhere for coffee. I didn't trust the guy from the start, and he has affected my entire life, although I tried to not have that be the case.

I'm tired of the whole "snowflake" thing. I refuse to be around my BIL, because he hit on me more than once, starting years ago, and caused so much trouble between me and my sister. In my whole family, actually - and for some reason, she went along with it, married him, and turned against me. My life was absolute hell, and has never come back from that (I was getting beaten up occasionally, harassed almost every day, had most of the family turned against me, because hey! Marriage was now happening. I needed to get over it! for my sister. Not once was she expected to get over the fact that I do not want to be around him, and that I have a right to my boundaries. We had a relationship - my sister and I - for less than eighteen months, after my mum died. We reconciled in June 2016, spent a month together after my mum died. She came home twice more in November and April, and by October 2017, she ditched me again, because she expected her husband to be invited here, and I can't be around him. He knew what he was doing the entire time, for years and years. I will not be under the same roof as him again. I'm not over any of it. I probably never will be.

On 6/18/2018 at 10:52 AM, misstwpherecool said:

I think her boyfriend said something directly to Hardwick. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mandolin said:

The last four sentences of this article succinctly sum up my feelings - and concerns - on this particular case:

It’s scary that a man can be convicted and punished without a trial or as much as a thorough hearing.

#MeToo developed as a movement in which people might find empowerment by standing up to abusers. Now it’s being used as a cudgel for aggrieved parties to exact revenge.

It disturbs me, and I worry that as more people, most of them women, abuse this power, and if more outlets fire employees without vetting the accusations, the public will start disbelieving all accounts of abuse.

• Love 12