Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Coming up after break, we'll reveal the crossover character .... except now that it's be the break after the original break that Hardwick said.  Keep teasing @Nerdist.

At this pace they will probably announce the crossover character on Comic Book Men.

To be fair, Chris didn't say which after which break....  ;)

Crossover character = Morgan

Which makes no sense, as timeline-wise in TWD Morgan is in Georgia with his kid.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, katycat74 said:

Lol.  he keeps calling it Fear of the Walking Dead--get it right Lenny

He doesn't seem happy at all.  That's probably why he can't remember the name, Poor guy. he is reacting like he had no choice.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

Um, what?  We pretty much know where Morgan's been throughout the timeline.

1 minute ago, SnarkyTart said:

This makes no sense.  Should we be surprised that it's theoretically impossible, or just accept it because it's completely consistent with the idiocy we've come to expect?

At some point on FTWD, the mice from 'Babe' pop up and sing "3 Years Later".

Plus, how does Morgan get from Virginia to Arizona/New Mexico/Texas (maybe, since they are filming in Austin) ?

It would take years walking -- does he take a ride on the helicopter Rick saw ?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, blaksheba said:

He doesn't seem happy at all.  That's probably why he can't remember the name, Poor guy. he is reacting like he had no choice.

He probably didn't have a choice. It was probably either this or get killed off. Got to say they surprised the hell out of me. I was convinced it was Abraham.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, blaksheba said:

They need to something to prop up the sagging ratings.  

No way Morgan puts up with Madison's nonsense.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Yeah I'm not digging this and not just because I wanted to see Abraham or another departed character again. Lennie James has been amazing and doesn't deserve to be sent to that show.

In FTWD timeline we haven't even gotten to the CDC, right? I guess a severe time jump is a good way to reboot Fear, but I'm still annoyed that the show didn't reveal more about the genesis of the outbreak.

1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

It would take years walking -- does he take a ride on the helicopter Rick saw ?

Zomg you are a genius and this theory is the only way to redeem the crossover.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, raven said:

I wonder if they're going to do a time jump on FTWD.

I don't see how else they can do it. Following the postings on Fear the Walking Dead Fans facebook page, they already have local residents surveilling the beginning of filming for FTWD season 4 taking place outside of Austin, Texas..  Cast members who have been spotted are Strand (Colman Domingo) and Luciana (Danay Garcia).  There was one report that Nick (Frank Dillane) is currently somewhere in Texas too, though I haven't seen that confirmed.

What Morgan could be doing in Texas at the same time we know he's in Atlanta makes no sense to me...unless time jump?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Lennie James has been amazing and doesn't deserve to be sent to that show.

LOL! We are making it sound like Lennie is being sent to prison. Creatively that might be the case, but at least he is still employed and American tv shows pay way more than British ones. Also, since FTWD has a smaller cast, I expect that Morgan will have more to do and will be the new leading man.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

Considering that FTWD has hired at least a couple of not completely unknown actors and conveniently written an explosion that may have killed much of its existing cast into its last season finale, that show may look very very different come the new season.  Morgan going there still makes no sense and we still seem to be stuck with Madison, but now that it's been decided I am rather curious to see what the 2.0 version looks like.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

LOL! We are making sound like Lennie is being sent to prison.

LOL. Agreed, that we may be overreacting, but if he would have seemed more excited, or had gotten the name of the show right, I would be less cringy.  He wouldn't even look at the camera for more than a couple of seconds. Even Melissa McBride was tearing up like he was off the main show for good. Ha! hopefully all goes well.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

In FTWD timeline we haven't even gotten to the CDC, right? I guess a severe time jump is a good way to reboot Fear, but I'm still annoyed that the show didn't reveal more about the genesis of the outbreak.

14 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

What Morgan could be doing in Texas at the same time we know he's in Atlanta makes no sense to me...unless time jump?

According to the comparative timelines of the TWD and FTWD wikis:

• Rick departed from Morgan and Duane's house in Rick's hometown on Day 60 after the global outbreak.
  • The CDC and the Dam blew up on the same day - ZA Day 64.  
  • Rick doesn't encounter Morgan again until ZA 314 (Season 3 - "Clear") - back in Rick's hometown.

...so FTWD must be fixing to do one helluva big time jump, because they have a 250-day timeline window to transport Morgan from his Georgia home to the Southwest, then back home again.

Edited by Nashville
added hometown notes.
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Nashville said:

To be fair, Chris didn't say which after which break....  ;)

Crossover character = Morgan

Which makes no sense, as timeline-wise in TWD Morgan is in Georgia with his kid.

OH THIS SUCKS. I love Morgan. Why are the punishing him by putting him on FTWD?   Maybe they think he'll help that show? UGH. BOO!!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, blaksheba said:

LOL. Agreed, that we may be overreacting, but if he would have seemed more excited, or had gotten the name of the show right, I would be less cringy.  He wouldn't even look at the camera for more than a couple of seconds. Even Melissa McBride was tearing up like he was off the main show for good. Ha! hopefully all goes well.

That's the thing; if Lennie was happy, I'd be happy for him.  But he seems miserable.  It's always difficult to leave a good gig and people you've grown close to but he seemed miserable.  When he mentioned that he had said his goodbyes to the cast and crew, I thought 'uh oh'.  I can't help feeling that Lennie's being sacrificed to try and save FTWD.  What's wrong about that show, Lennie can't fix. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

But it is prison! The prison of Madison's flat delivery and Nick's junkie faux-wisdom!

Bwah! You are killing me here. I was trying to focus on the few practical positives.

3 minutes ago, blaksheba said:

It was painful to watch. He clearly isn't happy. Melissa didn't seem happy for him either. Gimple's statement made it seem like they didn't kill off Morgan so I am holding onto that bit of hope that he will be back eventually. In the meanwhile, he can give Kim Dickens some acting lessons.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Nope. I guess on the plus side if FTWD fails then he can go back to TWD? Maybe.  Bah. I really fracking hate this.

Depends on how Morgan exits the mothership - whether he safely disembarks (parks in Carol's cottage for a season to get his mental shit back in balance, maybe) or is pitched overboard (killed by walkers, Saviors, or Jesus).

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

...so FTWD must be fixing to do one helluva big time jump, because they have a 250-day timeline window to transport Morgan from his Georgia home to the Southwest, then back home again.

I'm leaning towards a time jump for one simple reason.

Say this works, if there is no time jump then they have a finite clock on how long Morgan stays before he has to exit FTWD.  He's either got the time from Rick leaving/his son dying to "Clear" or "Clear" to when he was tracking CDB around Terminus.

If they wanted that restriction, I really think they would have gone with Abraham and I think it would have been a lot easier with Abraham given where he was at the time of the outbreak.  Plus, Abraham would be a lot less risky in terms of backlash since he is already off TWD.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm leaning towards a time jump for one simple reason.

Say this works, if there is no time jump then they have a finite clock on how long Morgan stays before he has to exit FTWD.  He's either got the time from Rick leaving/his son dying to "Clear" or "Clear" to when he was tracking CDB around Terminus.

Hmm... the notion of the crossover occurring in Morgan's post-"Clear" timeline hand't occurred to me.  Let's take a look at the relevant TWD episodes and their timeline implications:

1. S1E1 ("Days Gone By"): Rick, emerging from his coma in his hometown, meets Morgan and son Duane on Day 59 post-global outbreak.  Leaves on Day 60.
  2. Gap of 254 days during which Morgan and Duane presumably stay in their house in Rick's hometown - at least until Duane's death at the hands of his zombified mother, who was roaming in this specific vicinity because Morgan couldn't bring himself to put her down earlier.  Morgan goes Clear-crazy in this time interim as well, although it is unknown how rapidly Morgan's breakdown followed Duane's death.
  3. S3E12 ("Clear"): Rick, Michonne and Carl, returning to Rick's hometown to scavenge guns from the sheriff's office, meet a Morgan driven temporarily(?) insane by Duane's death on Day 314.  Leave same day.
  4. Gap of something less than 200 days, during which Morgan persisted in his crazed Clear state.
  5. S6E4 ("Here's Not Here"): Flashback episode reveals Morgan persisted in his Clear state until encountering Eastman; uncertain what day they met, but Morgan stayed with Eastman until Eastman's death on Day 522.
  6. Gap of 9 days, during which Morgan leaves Eastman's cottage and wanders until reaching the Terminus vicinity.
  7. S5E1 ("No Sanctuary"): Morgan appears at the very end of the episode to see the Sanctuary sign Rick modified to read "No Sanctuary"; later revealed in S5E8 ("Coda") to be on approximately Day 531.  Following carved tree markings and other signs, Morgan eventually finds the map Abraham left for Rick (with the "world needs Rick Grimes" scrawl on it).  

...at which point Morgan then departs to parts east, following the route to DC outlined on the map.

Judging from the timeline, I'd say the #2 and #4 gaps would be the only time-available opportunities for Morgan to run into the Fearful Clark Community Killers - and #4 could probably be eliminated out-of-hand because Morgan was killing everything that moved in this interim.  Probably wouldn't be a welcome and extensive addition to the clan of FCCKers - and, more importantly, would make Morgan a boring addition to FTWD.

Only scenario I could surmise as reasonable would be Morgan's descent into madness after Duane's death was not immediate; Morgan wandered afterwards, during which time he may have encountered the FCCKers.  Hell, maybe extended exposure to Maddie drove Morgan insane - sounds plausible as hell to me.

• Love 1

This is beyond stupid.  I wasn't happy about the probability of it being Abraham, though that would of been more logical.  It also would of continued my disgust at the Negan character with his cold blooded murder of people he had captive and at  his mercy.  No backstory or character arc will ever redeem him in my eyes and the reminder would be right on my TV screen.....assuming I watched it.

But Morgan??  They're bleeding off a popular character from an already growing anemic show to prop up what should be a do not resuscitate show.  I didn't watch the episode from last week.  I DID watch The Talking Dead and read these forums.  I'm not sure I'll bother to watch it.  Yesterdays showings I may just skip.  These forums have become much more entertaining than any of the shows.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Add to this... we haven't seen the last of Morgan on TWD.  They said he had literally just finished filming TWD Saturday.  That has to mean he's in the back half of the season, right?

Yes. They just finished filming TWD season finale.

5 hours ago, Gobi said:

I guess this means Strand has to die to make room for Morgan.

I hope not.  Colman Domingo has been spotted at the new filming location for season 4, outside of Austin.  I'm holding onto a "strand" of hope that means they're not just going to kill him off in the first episode. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I hope not.  Colman Domingo has been spotted at the new filming location for season 4, outside of Austin.  I'm holding onto a "strand" of hope that means they're not just going to kill him off in the first episode. 

But... but... that would mean having two strong black male leads operating concurrently within a single series.  

Isn’t that illegal or something in Hollywood?

• Love 8

So I was kind of jazzed about the idea of a Walking Dead calendar until Chris opened it and I realized I'd have to look at Negan's smarmy mug for an entire month. No thanks! Also, that lady from the UK totally got g***** with that lame red apron. Who the hell wants that? 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

So I was kind of jazzed about the idea of a Walking Dead calendar until Chris opened it and I realized I'd have to look at Negan's smarmy mug for an entire month. No thanks! 

I was in the library and there was the season 7 DVD set with Negan on it. Blech. I almost threw up in my mouth. I bet the sales are slow as hell compared to previous seasons.

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

But... but... that would mean having two strong black male leads operating concurrently within a single series.  

Isn’t that illegal or something in Hollywood?

Well, Frank Dillane is also black (not sure how he self-identifies though) so the show has already hit that mark.

Edited by SimoneS
17 hours ago, blaksheba said:

Lol.  he keeps calling it Fear of the Walking Dead--get it right Lenny

That was a really uncomfortable segment, he had the look of someone whose boss just gave him a massive demotion while blowing smoke up his ass about it being a great opportunity. And I got the sense that he wasn't supposed to be speaking with such finality about his time on TWD, Hardwick was quick to cover with the comments about Morgan's storyline being far from over. 

Constantly getting the title wrong was making laugh though. 

Yeah I'm not digging this and not just because I wanted to see Abraham or another departed character again. Lennie James has been amazing and doesn't deserve to be sent to that show.

Yeah, I thought this was a great way to re-employ a former cast member, not to take a spot away from a current cast member. 

Also, from the (apparently wrong) spoilers I was hearing had me actually interested in the potential Abraham storyline, which sounded like it would have given more context to the outbreak, which is what I wanted from FWTD all along. 

• Love 5

From a logistics standpoint it probably makes more sense to move an existing cast member from the parent show than to re-hire a former cast member. First you would have to find out which former cast members are available, whether they're willing to come back, and what level of interest the audience has in them. A current cast member, on the other hand, is already on contract and in the viewers' minds. 

I've never seen FtWD and stunt casting - no matter who is was - wouldn't motivate me to watch the next season since I've missed the previous three and have no (free) way of going back and seeing them.

15 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I've never seen FtWD and stunt casting - no matter who is was - wouldn't motivate me to watch the next season since I've missed the previous three and have no (free) way of going back and seeing them.

AMC will probably do a FTWD marathon from the beginning to set up Morgan's arrival. If you do watch, just don't expect much, okay anything, that way you will just be disappointed rather than crushed. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

All you really need to know is that Madison is terrible in every single way and that most of the cast was caught on or near an exploding dam with their fates unknown at the end of the season.   It's like this show if it spent even less time or money on the special effects.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Gobi said:

I guess this means Strand has to die to make room for Morgan.

Back when FTWD started, I swear there was some kind of hint that one of the characters was related to someone who had been on TWD.  Whatever the details of that was, which I no longer recall andmay have been all in my head, I became convinced that Strand and Morgan were brothers.  I've always expected an easter egg at some point with Strand looking at a picture of his brother or nephew.  So at least this news will put the spec in my head to rest one way or another.

9 hours ago, deemac said:

But Morgan??  They're bleeding off a popular character from an already growing anemic show to prop up what should be a do not resuscitate show.

Is Morgan really that popular now?  I'm fatigued by the extremes of his coping mechanisms with the zombie apocalypse.  It will be a bit of a relief if he goes if they can't write him with some moderation some of the time which they haven't managed to do since S1.  Frankly, the last thing FTWD needs is crazy killer Morgan or crazy pacifist Morgan.  That's part of why I think they will time jump FTWD to TWD timeline.

The other parts are that Lennie's interview sounded like it was moving on rather than exploring his past more in depth.  Plus Morgan going to Texas and back in 200 days for whatever reason is not realistic.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:51 PM, blaksheba said:

They probably told him they're holding his pet puppy hostage and if he doesn't accept going on Fear then they're going to strangle his puppy.  At least, that's what I read on his face.  

• Love 1