Type keyword(s) to search

Talking Dead: Where Chris Hardwick Got His Groove Back

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, gutbuster said:

I'm fairly certain they also replay Talking Dead on AMC late Saturday night after they rerun the episode. 

Thank you! I will try to look for that. I haven't watched the actual episode yet, but I would like to have a proper send off for Chandler. 

Thank Bob my mute button still works, I've literally worn out my fast forward button. I watch this show in under half an hour because I skip the quizzes, the twitter comments and only watch the people I like and Kirkman aint one of them. I thought my batteries were low but it's just the fast forward button.

• Love 3

The only part I saw, and maybe the only time I've ever really liked Kirkman, was when he noticeably rolled his eyes and dismissed Hardwick with a "yeah, whatever" as he was going on and on referring to the garbage people as the "Heapsters."  That name has been awkward and dumb, even by the standards of this show.  

(edited)

Kirkman: ... coming up next week?

Ross Marquand:  Bonkers manscaping tortuga, man

WTF?  Has anyone deciphered this?

Edited by dely
  • Love 1
On 3/5/2018 at 8:54 AM, tv echo said:

I swear, every time Robert Kirkman opens his mouth to speak now, I just mute the sound.

This is referring to last week's show:  I was disappointed that Kirkman said he was okay with Carl being killed off.  I agree with his point that the comics and the TV show should be different, but killing Carl went against the entire premise Kirkman said the book was about (that it was Carl's story ultimately).  Makes him sound like a sell out.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, rmontro said:

This is referring to last week's show:  I was disappointed that Kirkman said he was okay with Carl being killed off.  I agree with his point that the comics and the TV show should be different, but killing Carl went against the entire premise Kirkman said the book was about (that it was Carl's story ultimately).  Makes him sound like a sell out.

Kirkman IS a sellout - so in that respect, his comments simply reflect reality.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

It's weird that Gareth is on Talking Dead.  He can't be resurrected can he?

Seems like a mistake to remind people of better characters and storylines than we've had a in a long time.  Also the memory of Rick getting rid of him IMMEDIATELY.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Oh no. Rick isn't any where close to being like Negan. Andrew did you drink the kool aid?

The actors haven't been able to say what they think for a while now, imo.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Wait, why did Chris ask about issues between Rick and Michonne? I'm not getting that vibe at all. That better not be a way to break them up.

Seems like he's getting ahead of himself.  We haven't even seen them try to process anything yet.  I will say that grief does tear couples apart, so that would at least be a realistic way to break them apart.  Which should give you hope, since this show doesn't do anything realistic.

• Love 2

So, Chris is working off of old and bad data.  He called The Walking Dead the number one t.v. show and Black Panther as the number one movie.  He got one right, but The Walking Dead is no longer number one on t.v.  It may be the number one cable show still, but the glory days are over and probably will be until Negan is gone.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

I have no idea what is going on with this FTWD preview but I'm loving watching Morgan stick-slap Nick.

I am going to have to borrow & watch this episode of TTD just for that alone!

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

Jadis is a blonde, she really does have a face to play science fiction.

I don't know, that looked like a wig to me. And not a very good one either. 

Look, I'm sure Joshua Mikel is a nice enough guy but let's not pretend anyone was sad to see him go. 

Ron Funches really had very little to offer here, I'm not even convinced he actually watches this show.

I did notice the spot where Carol found Henry looked just like the spot where Sofia was hiding back in Season 2 when they lost her so it was nice to hear they did in fact film it in the same spot. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I did notice the spot where Carol found Henry looked just like the spot where Sofia was hiding back in Season 2 when they lost her so it was nice to hear they did in fact film it in the same spot. 

I don't know how you guys see anything with half the show being filmed in the dark.

Seriously, does TWD still warrant having an after show discussion show like Talking Dead?  Is there really that much interest anymore?  Besides, it seems like everyone is so careful to say the right thing, there isn't any good discussion anymore anyway.  Does Talking Dead ever go away at some point?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, rmontro said:

I don't know how you guys see anything with half the show being filmed in the dark.

Seriously, does TWD still warrant having an after show discussion show like Talking Dead?  Is there really that much interest anymore?  Besides, it seems like everyone is so careful to say the right thing, there isn't any good discussion anymore anyway.  Does Talking Dead ever go away at some point?

I think a display with HDR helps see through those shadows.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

I think a display with HDR helps see through those shadows.

Maybe, but my eyes are still old.  

The current trend toward filming scenes in very dark lighting is one of my pet peeves.  I'm sure that one reason they're doing it is because of improved technology, but I still find it irritating.

• Love 3

Does Talking Dead ever go away at some point?

I'd be interested to know what kind of ratings it gets considering how far ratings have fallen for TWD. But aside from Hardwick's salary it must cost almost nothing to produce.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'd be interested to know what kind of ratings it gets considering how far ratings have fallen for TWD. But aside from Hardwick's salary it must cost almost nothing to produce.

I’d guess TTD’s ratings might actually be going UP a tick - from people watching it after an episode of TWD to figure out what they just watched.  ;>

• Love 3

Well people will only do that once or twice before realizing TTD doesn't actually explain the inexplicable editing and directing on TWD. For example, you're never going to hear Chris Hardwick say "You know how that one scene was confusing and made no sense? Were you wondering how the hell Negan got his hands on a gun, a flare and Jadis's photos? Were you trying to figure out how that zombie attached to the luggage cart was supposed to eat Negan?" They never acknowledge that something was wrong, or confusing, or unclear on the show. And they're never going to put someone on the phone or on the stage who's critical of the show.

• Love 2

There was a time, many seasons ago it seems, that I looked forward to TTD.  Back when there were still mysteries to be pondered, i.e., where did the zombie virus come from?, are there people working on a cure?, are some people immune?, are there pockets of civilization still functioning?, what can zombies actually do or not do? As well as character mysteries, i.e., where did Michonne and her leashed walkers come from?   Back then, there were a lot of celebrities who were fans and would show up on TTD and fangirl/fanboy their little hearts out with theories and speculation.  Back then, Yvette Nicole Brown would show up with reams of pages filled in a spiral notebook with all her speculation, observations and character theories.  It was great fun.

The show blew all of that sky high.  Now every "reveal" is stupid and predictable, and the show made it obvious long ago that there are no mysteries, no unsolved questions, no interesting character backstories, no character development beyond their use as cardboard props.  The Talking Dead no longer has a reason to exist, and I rarely watch it.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Nashville said:

I’d guess TTD’s ratings might actually be going UP a tick - from people watching it after an episode of TWD to figure out what they just watched.  ;>

Ha, yeah I was reading about that in the episode thead.  How you can't really figure out what's going on unless you watch The Walking Dead.  A good example was that cart Jadis had made with the zombie impaled on it.  They explained that the cart folded down so that Jadis could have had the zombie bite Negan while he was laying down.  Maybe I'm a little dense, but I never would have got that from watching the episode.  Apparently there's a need for Talking Dead after all.

17 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Well people will only do that once or twice before realizing TTD doesn't actually explain the inexplicable editing and directing on TWD. 

I think you underestimate the average TWD fan’s capacity for self-flagellation; if meaningless ambiguity and endless plot replications put them off, this show would’ve never made it out of S7.  :>

8 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Ha, yeah I was reading about that in the episode thead.  How you can't really figure out what's going on unless you watch The Walking Dead.  A good example was that cart Jadis had made with the zombie impaled on it.  They explained that the cart folded down so that Jadis could have had the zombie bite Negan while he was laying down.  Maybe I'm a little dense, but I never would have got that from watching the episode.  Apparently there's a need for Talking Dead after all.

Now here’s the really funny part; I haven’t seen a single second of the last episode - yet I already knew without a shadow of a doubt:

1. Something completely irrational and confusing would appear in the episode.
  2. There would be zero attempt to explain and/or rationalize it in the episode.
  3. Half an explanation would be forthcoming in the ensuing TTD episode.

And by half, I mean it appears some sort of explanation was given as to HOW Jadis’s Rube Goldberg contraption worked - but was any coherent explanation given as to WHY she built it?

SO much predictability and SO few surprises in this show any more, even beyond the fourth wall.

• Love 4

I think you underestimate the average TWD fan’s capacity for self-flagellation; if meaningless ambiguity and endless plot replications put them off, this show would’ve never made it out of S7.

Yeah, so I actually looked it up, and TWD gets about 6.7 million viewers and Talking Dead gets about 2.3 million. Not huge but still pretty impressive for cable. 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, rmontro said:

The current trend toward filming scenes in very dark lighting is one of my pet peeves.  I'm sure that one reason they're doing it is because of improved technology, but I still find it irritating.

Why would you think that?

I think its a cost saving measure for the special effects.  Darkness covers many things.  It also covers that they decided to make their special effects guy, Nicotero, one of their go to directors who stinks up the joint with amateurish camera gimmicks.

• Love 2

I don't have AMC so I can't see Talking Dead.  Was the Jared actor a guest?

Yes, his name is Joshua Mikel. I don't recall he had much to contribute to the discussion TBH. 

On 4/4/2018 at 12:57 PM, Nashville said:

And by half, I mean it appears some sort of explanation was given as to HOW Jadis’s Rube Goldberg contraption worked - but was any coherent explanation given as to WHY she built it?

Because she is an ARTISTE!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yes, his name is Joshua Mikel. I don't recall he had much to contribute to the discussion TBH. 

Thanks.  He does seem to be a talented person & has some post-TWD work, good for him!  He was great at making me hate him.

50 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Sure he did, he made sure everyone knows how much he loves playing douchey characters and drug dealers and rapists. Like, he said it over and over and over to the point where I will never look at that guy the same way again. Like, if I was at a party with him, I would never put my drink down. I would never accept a ride home from him. The guy is just flat out skeevy.

• Love 3
On 4/4/2018 at 9:25 AM, rmontro said:

Ha, yeah I was reading about that in the episode thead.  How you can't really figure out what's going on unless you watch The Walking Dead. 

Hee - you need to watch TWD to figure out TWD!  

(I thing you meant to say "Talking Dead" - but this is SO much funnier!).

Naturally, one of the saviors has the most chatty, pseudo-introspective view on becoming a zombie.

And superfan doesn't know what she's talking about. Eugene was in Alexandria and could have split and he's been supporting Negan without being threatened. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Red Fields said:

What a horrible dress Rosita is wearing on TD.

What's really horrible was her saying these words (with a straight face): ".....A good reason that our show is SO believable is because......"

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Robertbobmom said:

Is it me, or does Christian Serraotos have vocal fry?  

YES SHE DOES.  <sqrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk>

I usually leave TD on after the show because I like In Memoriam and that gives me a few minutes to see if the guests are going to be interesting or, better, funny.

This week:  Yikes. 

RL Rosita felt uncomfortable holding a gun on her friend, RL Eugene.  Let's replay that hilarious projectile vomiting.  "Tell us, Steven, did you get a goodbye party on set?"  And a random superfan with a stack of notes and Venn diagrams.  Fascinating.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

And to top it off, Seth Rogan calls in, and gets airtime, to promote his upcoming show.  So, the highlight of this episode was shaving off Steven Ogg's mustache?

Wait.  Seth Rogan phoned in on an unrelated topic and Ogg shaved his signature mustachio?

Things must've really picked up after I abandoned ship. 

• Love 1