Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Traveling, definitely, but seeing and hugging my friends who live on the east and west coasts. Eating in a restaurant again. Wandering Target or the mall. I even miss big group meetings at work sometimes, lol.

Although I will admit, it's going to feel weird doing everything without a mask on for a while. There's a funny safety factor my brain associates with everyone having a mask on now.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Post pandemic, what is the first thing you all will do with the same glee as Mary Tyler Moore throwing her hat in the air? I'm guessing most of you will say travel in the form of flying or cruising.

Attending live theater. I am so looking forward to seeing a musical on Broadway again. Even a movie in a theater. But sitting in the dark with a group of people as we're transported by the people on stage. God, I miss it. Watching it on TV is not the same at all. The magic is lost.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Post pandemic, what is the first thing you all will do with the same glee as Mary Tyler Moore throwing her hat in the air? I'm guessing most of you will say travel in the form of flying or cruising.

The thing I really miss the most is hugging. I hug everyone. Other than that, I can't really think of something I would immediately do, other than enjoy the psychological freedom.

Yeah, hug my kids and my grandkids.  Enjoy having a meal with them all in one place.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ive never been a hugger, but with the pandemic I have not held ANY babies this year. One of my HS classmates/theatre mates moved back to Chicago with her twin sons, and I havent gotten to meet them. I am gonna HUG AND KISS SOME BABIES! And eat their cheeks! Yes I will. 

This reminds me of a funny story.

Shortly after moving to the US my friend from Nigeria had her first child. She brought her son to the pediatrician for his first visit. The nurse did her nurse stuff with them for a minute and then said, Oh he is so cute, I could just eat him up. As soon as the nurse left the room my friend packed up her baby and walked out of the exam room. As she was walking out, the receptionist stopped her to schedule the next appointment. My friend said she will not be returning. When asked why, she said, because your nurse eats babies. lol

(they got it all worked out, she stayed, her kid saw the Doc and they returned, lol)

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 16
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The thing I really miss the most is hugging. I hug everyone. Other than that, I can't really think of something I would immediately do, other than enjoy the psychological freedom.

I want a vehicle.  That way I could hit the road and not stop until I want.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, beckie said:

I want a vehicle.  That way I could hit the road and not stop until I want.

I hope you get one, Beckie. Road trips are my favorite. I was born a Detroit gal, so probably not surprising. I love to drive. I got a new-to-me vehicle in April and, because of the pandemic, I haven’t even put 1000 miles on it yet which is making me crazy a little. 

• Love 7

I'm also a hermit, so my life really hasn't changed much. One thing I miss is the activities I did with a Facebook ladies group I belong to, but I'm not sure I'm going to continue with the group when things go back to normal. The majority of them are anti-maskers and have different political and religious beliefs. Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but their Facebook posts during the pandemic have just gotten so extreme and judgmental that I really don't like a lot of them anymore. The sad thing is, I joined this group because I wanted to push myself to be more social and there really isn't a lot of things for 50+ year-old women to do in this town besides church or bars.

Having all my family together and hugging all my grandkids, even the ones who think they are too old to be hugged by Gran. Being able to hug my sweet friends at church and lift our voices in song. We currently sit spaced out and have only piano music.  And going out to eat!

• Love 8

The first thing I'm going to do is go to a local little sandwich shop/coffee place/ice cream shop I adore and eat a sandwich in the damn building. I've not been to any restaurants since March, and I don't particularly enjoy eating out or do it all that often. But I used to have a little tradition of rewarding myself with a lunch there on errand days, and I always so looked forward to it. Now, my errand "days" are just frantically tacked on to the beginning or end of work shifts since I am avoiding being out and about any more than I have to. 

Also visiting my dad. He lives in a bordering state, and I have avoided visiting with him. I was always a daddy's girl, and even though we talk on the phone almost every day, I miss seeing him in person. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 10

I'm saving my money for a trip when this is all over.  I need to go to Church once again.  And by Church I mean a Springsteen Concert.  He is getting ready to release a new album, and I pray he goes out on tour in 2022.  That and take my niece to her first concert which would be The Chicks Gaslighter Tour, again hopefully in late 2021 or 2022.

I am seriously considering doing a solo weekend jaunt to the mountains in January.  I have spent a few hours scouring AirBnB for a small cabin somewhere near Boone, NC.  I just want to spend a weekend reading by the fire, eating whatever the hell I want, and taking either a few baths or enjoying the hot tub.  I want to spend some time not talking to anyone while leaving off the bra and contacts.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm saving my money for a trip when this is all over.  I need to go to Church once again.  And by Church I mean a Springsteen Concert.  He is getting ready to release a new album, and I pray he goes out on tour in 2022.  That and take my niece to her first concert which would be The Chicks Gaslighter Tour, again hopefully in late 2021 or 2022.

I am seriously considering doing a solo weekend jaunt to the mountains in January.  I have spent a few hours scouring AirBnB for a small cabin somewhere near Boone, NC.  I just want to spend a weekend reading by the fire, eating whatever the hell I want, and taking either a few baths or enjoying the hot tub.  I want to spend some time not talking to anyone while leaving off the bra and contacts.

That sounds divine. Both paragraphs...

• Love 7
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Going out to lunch. Hosting friends in my home. Going to Maui. Seeing my dad. Seeing my sister.

7 hours ago, emma675 said:

Although I will admit, it's going to feel weird doing everything without a mask on for a while. There's a funny safety factor my brain associates with everyone having a mask on now.

It really is. I hope that mask-wearing during flu season is here to stay, actually. I wonder what aspects of life will be changed by this.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Going out to lunch. Hosting friends in my home. Going to Maui. Seeing my dad. Seeing my sister.

It really is. I hope that mask-wearing during flu season is here to stay, actually. I wonder what aspects of life will be changed by this.

I sure as shit hope they stay around in the healthcare and food service industry! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I would love to join you in church, @ohiopirate. 😁 I love that BnB idea but I’d go to the north shore of Lake Superior. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In the immediate first days, go to one of our local malls and have lunch out with my husband.  In the longer run, see our parents.  We (normally) travel for Thanksgiving, and then we host my inlaws and mom for Christmas.  We haven't seen them in nearly a year, which sounds insane to say when they're only 4 hours away.

We're now up to 8 family members (including a 16-month-old baby) that have tested positive.  One is my cousin, and he actually knows who got him sick.  His results took nearly a week, and so far, his wife and boys are ok. Thankfully, Mr. Six hasn't had any co-workers sick, but they are on a goofy schedule that creates a work bubble, which seems to be working (fingers crossed).  

The last 6 weeks or so has been a bit hellish around here for a multitude of reasons, but I'm still reading.  You are all in my thoughts daily.  I'm hoping to get back to posting more by next week.  @lookeyloo, I wish nothing you all but peace & comfort in the coming days and weeks.  Take care all ♥

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

I would love to join you in church, @ohiopirate. 😁 I love that BnB idea but I’d go to the north shore of Lake Superior. 

All are welcome at my church.  The more I look at planning the trip, the less I want to actually do it.  Which is fine, I need to save my money for those concerts.  I just want to go somewhere.  I can easily sit on my couch at home.  It seems a shame to waste money on going somewhere to do the same.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Post pandemic, what is the first thing you all will do with the same glee as Mary Tyler Moore throwing her hat in the air? 

F3179190-294E-4FE4-BD79-0511A956B3C0.thumb.jpeg.ba49d0ede1b568ef80c4913eb8787b59.jpeg
I was in Minneapolis a number of years ago for the national teacher’s union convention.  The top item on my agenda was to see Mary’s statue and take a picture throwing MY hat up next to it.  Unfortunately, there was construction going on where the statue was located, so the statue was temporarily relocated to the local visitors center for safekeeping.  At least I got to see it😊
My “throw the hat in the air” moment will be rejoining my choir to sing at midnight and Easter masses, and yes—regular Sunday mass.  I want to hug my friends and travel to meet my newest great nephew in Texas before he graduates from high school (he turns 8 months old tomorrow).

But what I’d really like to do is to see COVID become a distant memory .  That would really be a throw the hat in the air moment.

• Love 14

OHIO PIRATE SPEAKS MY LANGUAGE:  “ I am seriously considering doing a solo weekend jaunt to the mountains in January.  I have spent a few hours scouring AirBnB for a small cabin somewhere near Boone, NC”. 🥰

Once when I was going thru some vallies and had been hanging in by my fingernails, suffering a little, we went to those mountains, and the view from our cabin was to DIE for.  I took the whole boxed set and watched the Sopranos from one end to the other, cuddling with my dogs.   It was quite healing.

BOONE, NC rocks like a BEAST!!!  I have seen spectacular places in the US, adopted a manatee named Kevin in Florida - going to see him in Feb I hope I hope), met some amazing and wonderful people - there is just nowhere on this earth that speaks to me or heals my heart  more than Boone.  I love Blowing Rock I love the BlueGrass Parkway (homies up there call it the BG), I love the falls and the parks and it is magical balm on sore spots.  I am absolutely taken aback every time I take the drive between Boone and Blowing Rock.  I love Sugar and Banner Elk and Grandfather.  If you live east of the MS and get the chance, visit.  The New River which is easiest access in Todd flows NORTH and is sort of a lazy fat stream - but is the very same New River under that ENORMOUS trestle bridge that is quite famous in West Virginia.  Also, the scene in Forrest Gump when he’s been running and running and has the beard and wipes his face and leaves the smiley face on the man’s shirt was filmed at Grandfather Mountain.  His brother stood in for him and did those scenes, but Tom was in SC and came to Grandfather to see him.  linville Falls is amazingly gorgeous.   The continental divide is just there in that area.   I just... want to BEEEE there.  I have a big fat  laminated poster of that whole end of the Blue Ridge on the wall above my washer.  Sigh.  I have obviously missed traveling.  Some of the best best people EVER.  I just love it.  I’ve never had a BAD time traveling - but Boone tops my charts.

I need to share an absolutely horrible situation and then I’m going to tell you how someone with good intentions can really screw up.  

My daughter’s bestie (B) got pg at their senior prom.  Probably not AT the prom, but close.  She had that baby and 3 more, somehow managed to get a degree and then a masters and in early Ed and has been teaching for years.  That marriage was a disaster, and they divorced.  Cigars and party hats all around.  Baaaaaad.   She has since remarried and we adore this guy.  Plus, he’s very easy on the eyes.  (I swear, I just heard my daughter say “moooo-oooommm!!!”)   He’s hot, I’m just saying.

before they got married,I saw pics of B with her soon-to-be step son and said to my daughter “she looks like she could eat him up!  I take it she likes this kid”.  And she does.  that child is now 14.  They have just discovered he has adrenal cancer, it’s already metastasized to the point that B said the doctors tried to steer them away from chemo.  But they did offer and he went for it, hoping against hope it will be a miracle or will buy him some time.  It looks very grim at this point, but he just started chemo yesterday.

And Thats horrifying.   There is nothing remotely humorous about THAT.  Gut wrenching.

my daughter texts me this morning and tells me this awful thing, and I’m heartbroken.  I’ve known  B since they were 14 I guess, and i know she is a mess.  She’s like that.  My baby says to me “I need you to get her a card, Mama.  Will you do that?”

SUUUURE, I say!!!  (I mean, I love B and I HATE this - plus it’s the season of giving.  I’m not entirely sure a gift card will make anything better, but hey.  I’m game).  I said does it matter where?  [Did I detect a tiny pause?] “nnooo - anywhere is fine”.  All righty then.  I’m going to Kroger later, will that work?  [Again: was that a pause?]  “That’ll be fine, ma.  I asked Daddy and he’s getting one too”.  I did go in Kroger and get the gift card.  She plans to see B tomorrow I think, so I called her tonight and said “I got the gift card for Kroger; it’s on the island in the kitchen if you don’t see me before you leave”.  She says “Awwwww, Mama, you’re so sweet, thank you for doing that.  You’re the best.  But did you get her a card?”  

Once in a great while, it actually HURTS a little to be me.  
and to complete the story:  I have recovered and I have a beautiful card in hand ready to sign. Cuz  I’m the boss.  

one other cute moment:  my grand is here 2 days a week.  He’s not spoiled.  No-sir-ee-bob.  (Mmmmm-hmmmmm).  He wanted sprite with his lunch the other day and sometimes a let him have a little.  But all I had was flat and nasty.  I didn’t say anything, I just gave it to him.  When he got up from his nap later, he asked if he could have some more Sprite water.  

• Love 13
21 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hugs for EVERYONE in my family. All of them...especially the ones who live in Germany, because I haven't seen them in person for almost 4 years. I've never been overseas...I was nervous about going...now I cannot wait to go (once it's really, really for sure safe again.)

Then I want to go stay on my daughter's boat with her and her family for a a few days (maybe more if they're in the tropics by then.) 😁

9 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I was just thinking about this. I don't think I'll ever be able to tolerate someone blowing out birthday candles again. 🤢😂

• Love 7

When Covid is gone: First, I want to hug hug hug family and friends, just like most of you have posted. Then, I hope to dance inside a local dive bar where I want to get sweaty hot rocking out with a floor full of happy people to a Rolling Stones tribute band singing “brown sugar” and “honky tonk woman.”  Then I want to go to a mall with my daughter and granddaughter, have lunch, and just enjoy the day. Lastly, I want to go to my gym to work off every meal I intend to eat inside every local restaurant that survives the latest shutdowns. 

@Happyfatchick, so very sorry about your daughter’s bestie’s stepson. That is heartbreaking and puts my complaining about anything to shame. Really hope the chemo will help him.
I also hope you get to Boone, NC as soon as possible.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I was just thinking about this. I don't think I'll ever be able to tolerate someone blowing out birthday candles again. 🤢😂

I could never tolerate it before the pandemic! And I love cake! If I saw someone blowing candles out, I pass.

• Love 5

I really had to think about what I want to do when I am free to gad about again. It came to me. I have a half-sister in Texas. I haven’t seen her in over 20 years...maybe even 30. We lead completely different lives. She has never married and lives in a religious community. Before things got bad my daughter and I had planned to take her 3 kids, get in a car, and take a road trip to see her and let her meet my grandchildren. I’d like to think that maybe this summer, situation pending, that we could all go and see her. I do chat with her on the phone and we exchange holiday and birthday cards, but it’s not the same thing. I know this would make our mother in heaven very happy. 

Boone is a great choice for so many of you. I have always thought of it as one of the most peaceful places that I have ever seen. Even south of there Asheville, Chimney Rock, Bat Cave Mt, Lake Lure (where Dirty Dancing was filmed) and Franklin are also great spots to go to. I’m lucky that they are only 8 hours away and my friend has a second home in Murphy, N.C. that I’m always welcome to stay at. 

I hope that this virus lifts and all of you are able to live out these dreams. @Love2dance I’d love to join you on the dance floor to dance to the Stones. 

@Happyfatchick Im so sorry to hear about that young man having such big health issues. I’ll add him to my prayers. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 5

@Happyfatchick, so sorry to hear about that child's cancer diagnosis. I'm glad he's got loving family and friends.

For those who enjoy Christmas music, a couple of videos. Some songs performed virtually, some socially distanced, a few recorded in recent years. 

Jazz harp (yes there is such a thing):

And a small chorale:

Have a good day, friends.

• Love 6

The pandemic really didn't change my life a huge amount.  Working from home is mostly a positive thing with more schedule flexibility and NO commute - I love that.

I miss going to restaurants occasionally.  I was going to movies very infrequently, but I would like to go again and I miss museums, the genealogy library, the regular library and the most trivial thing I miss is going to a casino.  Every few months I would go with my gambling stake of $20 and play till it was gone or I got bored with it - I can't imagine going now and touching machines that lots of people touched!

I like to get out of town sometimes and I like day trips.  This is still doable, very carefully.  I've done a couple recently where it is just hours of driving to a wildlife refuge, stopping only at rest areas to stretch my legs and to get gas.  I find it horrifying driving through small towns where no one wears a mask. On my most recent jaunt, I had to get gas at a place that didn't have pay-at-the-pump.  I went inside to see a line of people close together and no one, including the clerks, was wearing a mask.  I had no choice but to get in line and hope for the best.

• Love 10

Ugh, today is one of those covid build up, everything and everybody sucks, days. I'm tired of being stuck in this house. I'm tired of seeing my husband for way too many minutes of the day. I'm tired of doing mental gymnastics trying to figure out the best and safest way to celebrate Christmas. I swear, if the symptoms of covid weren't so horrifying, I'd say fuck it - bring it on.

I am so, so tired of all this.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I like to get out of town sometimes and I like day trips.  This is still doable, very carefully.  I've done a couple recently where it is just hours of driving to a wildlife refuge, stopping only at rest areas to stretch my legs and to get gas.  I find it horrifying driving through small towns where no one wears a mask. On my most recent jaunt, I had to get gas at a place that didn't have pay-at-the-pump.  I went inside to see a line of people close together and no one, including the clerks, was wearing a mask.  I had no choice but to get in line and hope for the best.

I've done a few day trips and a couple of weekend camping trips - also carefully! Fortunately even in small towns I have found a high level of compliance with wearing masks inside stores and gas stations.

Now that the weather's colder and our state COVID case numbers are up, I doubt I will be venturing very far from home for awhile. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Ugh, today is one of those covid build up, everything and everybody sucks, days. I'm tired of being stuck in this house. I'm tired of seeing my husband for way too many minutes of the day. I'm tired of doing mental gymnastics trying to figure out the best and safest way to celebrate Christmas. I swear, if the symptoms of covid weren't so horrifying, I'd say fuck it - bring it on.

I am so, so tired of all this.

You're not alone. It was supposed to be 2 months and life would get back to normal. 

• Love 5

We went to the river last weekend in the Butterbean camper.  The water was way high and way fast and I’m way too chicken to try that.  So we didn’t kayak, but the weather was knock-out GORGEOUS.  It was just fabulous.  We’d been trying to get there forever, and it just would not work out.  The first night, there was fog, and I got a really interesting pic through the trees that I wanted to share.

I need to play with it remove the planet to the right - I just am mesmerized by this creepy-but-lovely pic for some reason.  

FD708664-4DFC-4C76-BCFD-915DE0DBA555.jpeg

• Love 18

When all of this is over, I want to hug my kids and grandkids! And my Mom and my siblings. Then go out to eat, see a movie, shop without fear - all that stuff that we took for granted. Oh, and have coffee with my ladies group, indoors...with food! And then have a year with in person birthdays and holidays. 

I think it's going to be a while, though. We're in the scariest time now, when cases are getting closer, including people I know. And the numbers are terrifying. I wonder if we'll miss anything about the quarantine? The only thing I can think of is that it's a built in excuse not to see people you don't enjoy spending time with anyway! (thinking of my annoying sister-in-law!)

I finally finished an afghan (knitted) that I started exactly four years ago! I just washed it and am blocking it to give to my youngest daughter and her husband for Christmas. Now I wish I had something else to work on!

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

My new bed is wonderful.  It is so nice not to be on the air mattress anymore.  One of my cats was horrified as she watched me deflate it before the delivery guys came.  Her eyes were huge, and she kept stepping on it, and it would go flat.  But both cats slept just fine last night and all day today cuddled under the covers on the new bed.  FYI, my Sleep Number is 35.

We've had our SN bed for 6 years now, and I don't think we will go back to a "regular" bed.  It is so nice to have the option to change the firmness if you need it, even if it's just one night.  I hover between a 30-35, and Mr. Six goes between 35-45.  I can't help but wonder if our cats can feel the difference.  Our Maine C*** puts herself between our pillows, and the torti lays between our shoulders.  The tuxedo gave up and spends his nights on the couch.  Must be the amount of estrogen in the air.

Happy-I, too, will add this family to my prayer list.  

• Love 10

2 things happened today that reminded me there is kindness and hope in this crazy world

1st - still working on the small business gift certificates for my 80 yr old mom to give her 8 adult grandkids in 4 states. - talked to a guy and at a local sub/grinder shop in a super small mid michigan town. he told told me they could not mail a gift card, nor did they allow pre paid phone purchases to have gift cards left at the counter. when I explained my project of getting mom to buy the grandkids gift cards and one chose to support them, he made an exception. I tipped him $10 for his help

2nd - shipped christmas packages at UPS today. Young guy noticed my santa/hot cocoa/cookie mask and asked if i made it. when I said yes he asked if I made aprons, because if I did he would buy one for his mom in that pattern. that was just a sweet thing to hear from a frazzled UPS worker. he saw something he thought his mom would like and asked a question. sadly, I do not make aprons

• Love 18

Well, I went into Walmart today for the first time in about 7 years. I needed a large stock pot and did not trust buying one on line. I wanted a nice heavy one and you cannot tell that without seeing it in person. I also cannot judge the size. I wanted a nice large one but did not want a gigantic pot.  I have no idea what a 20 quart pot will hold without looking at it. I bought a 16 quart which should be fine to boil the turkey bones down so I can make soup.

• Love 11

For those of you with Sleep Number beds, two questions. 

1. How did you figure out what your setting was?

2. Do you need a special frame or box spring or does it fit on "normal" beds?

I need a new mattress (oy, my aching back) and I think December or January is probably when I'll get the best deal. 

• Love 1

Yesterday was the birthday of the tiny little elf that SHALL be queen.   She started kicking up a Fuss on Monday saying “I don’t have to go to school on my birthday”.  
Mom:  yes, you do
Kenna:  you shouldn’t HAVE to go on your birthday.
Mom:  but you DO

Tuesday night.
Mom:  so what would you like for your birthday dinner tomorrow night?
Kenna:  I’m not telling you until you say I don’t have to go to school tomorrow

22A75385-44E6-4EEB-9290-F6B9D1C64C25.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Happyfatchick said:

Yesterday was the birthday of the tiny little elf that SHALL be queen.   She started kicking up a Fuss on Monday saying “I don’t have to go to school on my birthday”.  

Tuesday night.

So, did she have to go to school? I would have let her stay at home. What a cutie.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

So, did she have to go to school? I would have let her stay at home. What a cutie.

She did.  I can’t say if a gun was involved, but she went.  Today I went to Great American Cookies and bought a chocolate chip double doozie and had them drop sprinkles on the icing from the sides.  The HEAVEN on her face.  I think that kid would eat toilet paper if it included sprinkles.  I also bought her glittery sneakers.  So I’m just sayin, maybe for today only - but I was definitely GOTY. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Well, I’m a bitch, but I say she goes to school. Otherwise, wait until she finds out she has to go to WORK on her birthday when she’s 23, cuteness notwithstanding.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, I’m a bitch, but I say she goes to school. Otherwise, wait until she finds out she has to go to WORK on her birthday when she’s 23, cuteness notwithstanding.

I used to love going to school on my birthday. More attention! 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Happyfatchick said:

Tuesday night.

Is this the little cupcake girl that is my computer wallpaper? the one that wanted a cupcake NOW and pouted because she could not have her cupcake now?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I used to love going to school on my birthday. More attention! 🤣

I was grumpy about having a summer birthday, so I never got the attention of being the birthday girl at school! 😠

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hahaha I STILL take my birthday off work! 

I don’t make a big deal about my birthday, and I haven’t thrown a party since I was a kid. But my one tradition is that on my birthday, I do whatever I want!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

For those of you with Sleep Number beds, two questions. 

1. How did you figure out what your setting was?

2. Do you need a special frame or box spring or does it fit on "normal" beds?

I need a new mattress (oy, my aching back) and I think December or January is probably when I'll get the best deal. 

The mattress will fit on a standard frame.  I have the adjustable base, and I love it.  Here is how I was told to find your sleep number.  Set the pump to 100% and then stretch out on it.  Lower the number by 10-15 at a time, and stop when you are comfortable.  That is your sleep number.  You can change it whenever you want, so you can experiment with it.  I don't change mine too often, but you can any time you like.  When you go to the Sleep Number store, they help you find your "number". 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3