Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

I do think she is angry and jealous that some people haven't put their lives on hold like she has.  Since she has, she feels like everyone else should.  

Work is really rough lately and there are days I need to vent and she says "I remember what it was like to have to work" and then she changes the subject.   If I come close to breaking down she tells me she knows how I feel and changes the subject.  So it's easier to keep quiet.  

Lisa, my mother used to always do the same type thing to me in that she would always tell me that she  had faced the same problems/ challenges / experiences and then turn the conversation back to how tough things were for her. Maybe it is part of the aging process for some people.  I hope that as I age, I am not as difficult as my mother was at times and I hope I will remember how my mother made me feel. However, I wonder if I will lose the ability to empathize and will behave similarly to how she did. For my children's sake I hope not. 

• Love 11
42 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Lisa, my mother used to always do the same type thing to me in that she would always tell me that she  had faced the same problems/ challenges / experiences and then turn the conversation back to how tough things were for her. Maybe it is part of the aging process for some people.  I hope that as I age, I am not as difficult as my mother was at times and I hope I will remember how my mother made me feel. However, I wonder if I will lose the ability to empathize and will behave similarly to how she did. For my children's sake I hope not. 

I don't think its an age thing, but I'm guessing its an era thing.

My parents had the ole boot strap mentality. Also my father hated to see any of us suffer, so he would always say, its not that bad, don't worry, etc. He was really making himself feel better by saying that and all I wanted to here was, yes, you're right, that sucks. I eventually learned to tell him my struggles when they were at the stage of being not so bad. 

I'm pretty sure if you have empathy now, you'll have it when your kids are older as well.

• Love 8

Caregiving for parents or just dealing with parents can be very challenging.  Love mine, but, omg, they are difficult a lot of the time. Most of what they do, they've done for years.  It's not really senior stuff.  lol  I try to ignore what I can and then pick my battles.  Recently, when I was playing some music, having a glass of wine and just dancing around my house, it occurred to me that I need the real me to emerge again. I'm working on that.  I need MORE time for my interests and enjoyment.  Facetiming with my close friends weekly and texting throughout the week helps me a lot. Also, good music, like the musical performance movies takes me to my happy place.

If you keep feeling low, I'd see your doctor. It could be depression.  That can be treated.  

I also get frustrated with people who are not practicing covid precautions.  It's a struggle to tolerate it. We are under a state mandate for face coverings in most public places, unless you are eating or exercising.  Earlier this week, I encountered a young man with NO mask entering  through the clearly designated EXIT ONLY door,  with signs that say MASK REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.  It must be a problem as they have it posted at both doors. Either he can't read or doesn't care.  I gave him a mean look, but, he couldn't  tell, because, I wear protective sunglasses. They cover the tops, sides and bottom, so air can't rush in.  Some of my friends and family members are stringent, too, and that helps. For those who aren't, I pity them, but stay away.  I'm not aware of anyone who is as stringent as me.  At times, that makes me think I'm a little weird, but, so be it. Even if I do get covid, at least I can say that I gave it my best shot. 

Have you seen this take on covid masks and The Monster Mash song?  It's kinda lame, but, a little amusing. I don't support the contentions in the song, such as it's a lot to wear a mask.  I think the premise is that it's becoming a mandatory thing to wear a mask, so, that's a good thing.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

It dawned on me I should probably buy an iMac for my bday (October) since I will continue to be WFH for a while. Why spend money on a faster LAPTOP, buy a desktop and keep my Mac book air for when I want the lap top and work on the iMac. What do you guys think?

• Love 11
9 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

OH! And I've been watching Hamilton so much my husband started teasing me about my Lin-Manuel crush. 😂

@ChiCricket I am right there with you!  I've only watched it twice, but I have had the soundtrack on repeat most days.  I listen to the soundtrack when I want to stay on the treadmill for a long time because it's like listening to a really good story.  Everyday I have a new favorite song.  Currently it's "It's Quiet Uptown."  That song is heartbreaking.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 6

My bank is the worst. Second time I want to buy from Best Buy they canceled my card! I’m so pissed. I want a cheap air fryer. Wah wah . I’m switching banks. 

Yesterday I’m in the bathroom in a store and some woman almost broke the door down screaming you are a man, get out. Just because I have short hair I guess she assumed I was a man.

40 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

My bank is the worst. Second time I want to buy from Best Buy they canceled my card! I’m so pissed. I want a cheap air fryer. Wah wah . I’m switching banks. 

Yesterday I’m in the bathroom in a store and some woman almost broke the door down screaming you are a man, get out. Just because I have short hair I guess she assumed I was a man.

Omg wtf are you okay?? They didn’t try to hurt you did they?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It dawned on me I should probably buy an iMac for my bday (October) since I will continue to be WFH for a while. Why spend money on a faster LAPTOP, buy a desktop and keep my Mac book air for when I want the lap top and work on the iMac. What do you guys think?

I haven't thought about a desktop in a very long time.  When my old one got obsolete, I let it go, but, after seeing this OMG,  I'm intrigued.  How exciting.  I'm more of a PC person, but, this has my interest.  I like my Ipad, but, am not wild about apple. Maybe, this would change my mind. It even has a great trade in option. I'm such a mobile person, I might not get as much use as I like for a couple of years, but, still.  It's tempting.  It's absolutely beautiful.  I think it would be like opening up to a brand new world. 

https://www.apple.com/imac/

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven't thought about a desktop in a very long time.  When my old one got obsolete, I let it go, but, after seeing this OMG,  I'm intrigued.  How exciting.  I'm more of a PC person, but, this has my interest.  I like my Ipad, but, am not wild about apple. Maybe, this would change my mind. It even has a great trade in option. I'm such a mobile person, I might not get as much use as I like for a couple of years, but, still.  It's tempting.  It's absolutely beautiful.  I think it would be like opening up to a brand new world. 

Last time I had a desktop I was in middle school. 

But given the amount of power and speed I need to remote in for work, AND I want to be able to see all of my screens properly (yes I have an external monitor but I need two screens, at work I had 3), i am lusting after that 27inch iMac!!

size does matter🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have a giant iMac and I love it.  It is about 10 years old and when it dies I will replace it with a newer version.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm a desktop girl. In my last position at work I needed to have a lap top. I begged and pleaded for a desktop in my office. They're like we can give you an older one. I was like, yup, I'll take it. I was so happy to have that.

At home I have a MacBook Pro, PC and ipad. I use my PC the most. Its like comfy, cozy, worn in slippers.

I have an android phone and when I was gifted the MacBook, my kids were saying I'll want an iPhone and will tire of my PC. It didn't happen.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh, for fucks sake! It’s just a bathroom, people.  We have better things to worry about right now. So sorry this happened to you. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I have a giant iMac and I love it.  It is about 10 years old and when it dies I will replace it with a newer version.

I am a Mac Girl all the way. I am a graphic designer and all the cool apps are on a Mac...

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

He sounds drunk to me too.🤣

There are some other photos of Mr. Falwell on the site from his vacation.........he looks messed up big time. I think he's in big trouble from some kind of issue.  I won't speculate what.  We'll likely hear more about it soon, unless, he gets help.  I now doubt the he actually posted that photo, though he says he did.   I suspect someone who was angry with him did it, he caught it and tried to give a cover story to save face about how he did and then regretted it, but, I bet it's not over in his home or the church and school.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

I am a Mac Girl all the way. I am a graphic designer and all the cool apps are on a Mac...

I don't use a Mac, but our graphic communication division requires students enrolled in their program to use Macs because of their superior quality and programs.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't use a Mac, but our graphic communication division requires students enrolled in their program to use Macs because of their superior quality and programs.

Truth. There is nothing comparable on a PC.

• Love 3
On 8/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, sixlets said:

@beckie-congrats on your new addition!  I'm sure Baby Girl will be a happy girl!
@CouchTater-congrats on your new additions!  They are adorable!
@zoomama-you will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days & weeks.  Please take good care of yourself ♥
@Christina87-that has to be a huge amount of stress taken off your shoulders!  Good luck with your planning.

Happy Belated Birthday gals!!  I hope you were able to just relax a bit and celebrate!

I'm bringing a post from @Jynnan tonnix from...insert Duggar family here...about getting a new fridge.  When we bought our house in 2006, we needed a new fridge ASAP since the on that was left was literally falling apart.  We ended up getting a Samsung from either Lowe's or Best Buy.  Things were going great until September 2010.  We had to have someone come out twice, which led to getting the computer replaced.  Twice.  Thankfully, it was still under Samsung warranty, so we were only out the first service call.  Turns out, Samsung requires one of the authorized repair facilities to do anything, but they gave me the name/number for 3 or 4 in our area.  While we were waiting for the second computer to arrive, my dad got sick.  I was told someone had to be home at such time or the part would be returned, and we would have to set up another time.  Meanwhile, I'm 300 miles away watching my father die.  That chick got an earful during that phone call.  Things were going ok until January 2019.  The freezer decided it didn't want to work anymore.  It was the condenser AND the damn computer again.  After I told him everything that happened, he flat out said he wouldn't waste the money to repair it as it would be the same cost to replace it.  And that's what we did.  We ended up getting an LG from Lowe's, and while it's a bit too big for the space, I am beyond thrilled with it.  It even has the "knock" feature on the glass door.  It's helpful at times, but it's more fun to just play with it!!    We named her Lucinda 😉 

image.png

I as well as many other neighbors and family have bought that brand. None of us have had smooth sailing. We are all dealing with getting technicians and ice makers that break at least once a month. Buyer beware. 

• Useful 4
52 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I as well as many other neighbors and family have bought that brand. None of us have had smooth sailing. We are all dealing with getting technicians and ice makers that break at least once a month. Buyer beware. 

First off, thanks to @sixlets for bringing this over here - I could have sworn I was posing in the prayer closet!

So, yeah...I've been looking at all the reviews of various refrigerators, but it seems that there are pretty much equivalent horror stories throughout all the brands. I always read the 1-star reviews on everything first to see if there is a common denominator, but most of them seem to have some percentage of the same sorts of things.

Most of our appliances have been Samsung for some years, but, that being said, we have moved around so much with the Navy over the years, and the houses that we sort of "flipped" (we always got things that needed some cosmetics, which often included kitchen updates, but nothing really structural) ended up with Samsung appliances, because it seemed like a good name and we liked many of the features. I have no idea how they lasted long-term since we were only ever in them for 2-3 years. Right now, we have been in our house for a bit over seven and a half years, and have that Samsung fridge, a Samsung washer and drier, and a Samsung oven/range (which did have to be replaced, but that was entirely my fault for killing it). We had a Samsung dishwasher as well, but that gave us so much grief that we had to replace it after not quite three years and got a Maytag.

So, anyway...this fridge. It was great for 7 years, but around Easter this year started making a lot of noise - something dealing with the fan, as it would shut off when you opened it, and start back up when you closed the door. Got someone from the local, quite high-end and well respected appliance repair place to come out and look at it, which took about a week. They determined whatever the problem was, and ordered the part to fix it. Another almost two weeks, they finally got and installed the part. Fridge was good for about 3 weeks, then started making noise again. Another couple of weeks to get them out (everything is running really slowly due to Covid by that time, it seems). They determined that they had ordered the wrong part - the number was off by one - so they ordered the right one. Another two weeks go by without the part, and the fridge is making ever more noise and not cooling as it should. Ditch a whole bunch of stuff, and transfer most of what's left to the fridge in the basement (the one which came with the house before we "upgraded". Finally get everything repaired again, but after two days, I realize that the thermometer I left in the fridge for insurance is fluctuating between 39 and 50, randomly, no matter what the fridge is set on. Luckily, somewhere between the past couple of repairs, they had given us an apartment size loaner fridge which they had not picked back up yet, so we did have something workable in the kitchen without having to go downstairs all the time, but it's not as though we had a place to put it which exactly worked with the layout, so we generally ended having to move a chair every time we opened the fridge. But whatever, it worked. 

Up until, as I said, it didn't, and a bunch of stuff that wasn't exactly non-perishable had to be ditched again. So when they eventually, a few weeks later, came out to check the fridge again, they determined that since some of the coils within the refrigerator cabinet had been installed too close together, the fridge was, basically, non -repairable. Now, they had done all this work over the weeks without charging us more than the $500 or so the original parts they ordered, plus labor, came to, but we're still minus a workable fridge over 3 months later, and nothing else is going to be on a decent sale until Labor Day (and who knows how long it will take to get it delivered, as all those things are runinng way late as well). So in the meantime, I'm still having to keep most of what's perishable in the basement fridge. After fighting back and forth with Samsing over the phone for the past week, it seems that they consider 7 years a reasonsonable "end of life" span for a 7 year old, $2500 fridge...

I am really SO over this!!!

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, CouchTater said:

@ChiCricket I am right there with you!  I've only watched it twice, but I have had the soundtrack on repeat most days.  I listen to the soundtrack when I want to stay on the treadmill for a long time because it's like listening to a really good story.  Everyday I have a new favorite song.  Currently it's "It's Quiet Uptown."  That song is heartbreaking.

Have you read the Hamilton book? It has a story that Lin was working on that song when the son of the producer of the show killed himself (age 16) Lin sent him a memory stick with the song and a note that he hoped it helped but feel free to ignore it. (The book tells it much better than I just did.)

I don't think my husband begrudges me my Lin-Manuel Miranda crush because I think he has one, too. I've been fortunate enough to see the show live three times, including to see L-MM in the titular role in Puerto Rico, as well as on Disney+ and I've listened to the soundtrack nonstop for a few years now.

7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I used a Mac for the first bit of my tech writing career because we had more responsibility for graphics, then switched to PC professionally (not by choice) and resisted going back to Mac for a long time. I will never look back. I never have to install drivers. Macs are just better from a user perspective, IMHO.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I start crying pretty much as soon as the opening notes to "It's Quiet Uptown" play. Doesn't matter that I've heard it countless times, I'm a mess every time. 

• Love 7

I think I'm the Hamilton outlier of the group. I finally saw it on Disney+ and really enjoyed it (Daveed Diggs was my fave) but I haven't felt the need to watch it again. Instead, it made me want to read the book LMM based it on and learn more about the Sculyer sisters. I read the Federalist Papers a few years ago and it was fascinating. 

I actually thought I would be reading and getting a lot more home projects done while stuck in quarantine but instead I'm watching tons of sports, now that some are back. I feel really unproductive sometimes. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I think I'm the Hamilton outlier of the group. I finally saw it on Disney+ and really enjoyed it (Daveed Diggs was my fave) but I haven't felt the need to watch it again. Instead, it made me want to read the book LMM based it on and learn more about the Sculyer sisters. I read the Federalist Papers a few years ago and it was fascinating. 

I actually thought I would be reading and getting a lot more home projects done while stuck in quarantine but instead I'm watching tons of sports, now that some are back. I feel really unproductive sometimes. 

I am spending a lot of time these days watching tv. In May after the weather broke I spent a lot of time working on stuff in the yard but now I just don’t feel like it. My flower bed in the front is full of weeds. 

I work, take care of my sister, watch tv. At least my house is really clean. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I loved Yesterday!

OH! And I've been watching Hamilton so much my husband started teasing me about my Lin-Manuel crush. 😂

Yesterday was wonderful!  And, didn't we all have tears in our eyes when he knocked on the door of the cottage and the man answered?

Another good film about music sort of in the same vein is 'Blinded by the Light' which is actually based on a true story.  It's set in Britain where the son of a family of immigrants discovers Springsteen's music and it changes his life.  Anyone who's ever heard music that spoke to them personally will understand.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I loooove Daveed Diggs!!!!

• Love 3

@emma675, I think a lot of us thought we would be way more productive during quarantine. But it’s gone on so long, and it’s hard to be motivated when feeling down, anxious or depressed. I seem to have moments of ambition, get something done, and feel good about it. But then later, or the next day, I’m back on the couch with my iPad or taking a nap. I have friends and relatives who are type A and have cleaned every nook and cranny of their homes, completed big decorating projects, and probably learned two new languages. But we all handle the lockdown in our own way, and need to be kind to ourselves, however we are doing it.

• Love 17

Hope everyone is safe and well.  Isaias has made a shambles of my suburban community. No power since Tuesday and no word as to when we’ll get it back.  The local power authority is not answering phone calls and you can’t even get through on the automated line.  If I can believe what they’ve posted on the outage map, estimates are Saturday at 11pm.  During Sandy, our area was without power for 13 days...I can’t do that again.  In an email, the CEO of the power authority said that they would be distributing free ice and water at their offices.  Of course by the time I got the email, my local office was out.  

Oh well, things could be worse.  Tomorrow I will visit my friend in a neighboring town to borrow a cup of electricity.  I need to charge my phone, iPad, hearing aids and nebulizer, plus the back up batteries.

I did manage to make and can about 15 jars of peach jam on Monday.  It is quite yummy.  When I get the power back. I can print the labels.  I think I will call it Peachy Keen Peach Jam, and add it to the Very Berry Jam I give as Christmas gifts.  I hope that the sweet cherries in my fridge weathered the outage or I will have to buy more.  I’m thinking of naming the cherry jam Sweet Corona.....

Have a great weekend everyone 

• Love 15

We pretty much lucked out here with the storm. Kept power, so my mom is back over here - they still don't have it where she lives. My daughter and son in law also lost power, so they came over for a couple of days as well, but are back home now. Of course, they and my mom have pretty much been spending weekends with us ever since my daughter started experiencing that debilitating anxiety of hers. She is feeling somewhat better after seeing the specialist a couple of weeks ago, who did manage to convince her that she didn't have lung issues, but rather some sort of heat-induced asthma, and gave her a new inhaler but now she is convinced that she is dying of throat cancer instead, so went back to the doctor for more tests yesterday. They said her sore throat was likely due to the inhaler, and changed her prescription. I'll have to ask her whether they ever brought up the possibility of GERD, as I still think that sounds like the most likely explanation for her symptoms. 

Had a nice evening out with our next-door neighbors on Wednesday...the first time we have done anything outside of the house other than grocery shopping and other necessities since the quarantine started. There's a big farm/garden a few towns over - very scenic - which has partnered with a nearby restaurant while they (the restaurant) are doing renovations, and have a weekly four-course pop-up menu with seating on the grounds. Lots and lots of social distancing. The food this week was not anything I'd have normally picked off the menu, but it was very good! It was SOOOO good to get out of the house! And since everyone else was at our place, my son-in-law cooked dinner for them and my mom so I didn't have to. That's the first break from cooking, other than maybe pizza about once a month that I've had since March. 

• Love 16
On 8/5/2020 at 3:54 PM, sixlets said:

@beckie-congrats on your new addition!  I'm sure Baby Girl will be a happy girl!
@CouchTater-congrats on your new additions!  They are adorable!
@zoomama-you will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days & weeks.  Please take good care of yourself ♥
@Christina87-that has to be a huge amount of stress taken off your shoulders!  Good luck with your planning.

Happy Belated Birthday gals!!  I hope you were able to just relax a bit and celebrate!

I'm bringing a post from @Jynnan tonnix from...insert Duggar family here...about getting a new fridge.  When we bought our house in 2006, we needed a new fridge ASAP since the on that was left was literally falling apart.  We ended up getting a Samsung from either Lowe's or Best Buy.  Things were going great until September 2010.  We had to have someone come out twice, which led to getting the computer replaced.  Twice.  Thankfully, it was still under Samsung warranty, so we were only out the first service call.  Turns out, Samsung requires one of the authorized repair facilities to do anything, but they gave me the name/number for 3 or 4 in our area.  While we were waiting for the second computer to arrive, my dad got sick.  I was told someone had to be home at such time or the part would be returned, and we would have to set up another time.  Meanwhile, I'm 300 miles away watching my father die.  That chick got an earful during that phone call.  Things were going ok until January 2019.  The freezer decided it didn't want to work anymore.  It was the condenser AND the damn computer again.  After I told him everything that happened, he flat out said he wouldn't waste the money to repair it as it would be the same cost to replace it.  And that's what we did.  We ended up getting an LG from Lowe's, and while it's a bit too big for the space, I am beyond thrilled with it.  It even has the "knock" feature on the glass door.  It's helpful at times, but it's more fun to just play with it!!    We named her Lucinda 😉 

image.png

we just got the same fridge about ten days ago!!!  love those baseball ice cubes, dont you? and what is the 'knock' feature?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

i use a desktop every day at home, by choice. i currently have a Dell all-in-the-screen (?) touchscreen type. i have a keyboard as i dont automatically touch the screen. i do also have a laptop now as a gift last Christmas and while i enjoy it , i prefer my desktop. i am old school, i guess. one good thing about this kind, is if i have to evacuate again, its just one quick unplug and take the whole thing with me rather than a heavy 'brain' type that i would have to pick up.

• Love 4
On 8/5/2020 at 8:30 PM, ChiCricket said:

Just dropping in to give belated birthday wishes to @OHIOPIRATE02 , @SUZN, and  @ZELLA .

@ZOOMAMA I'm sending you good vibes.

@COUCHTATER your kitties are so cute.

On a personal note...

I've been feeling very, very lonesome and down in the dumps.

You know, if I didn't have you all to "talk" to, I wouldn't really have anyone. 

I mean, I do have my daughters, but when I feel like this, I don't want to burden them.

I don't have friends in real life. I am so shy it is not even funny.

My favorite cousin, who I could talk to about anything, went  really religious after her mom died 4 years ago.

After that happened, we still got together but we agreed not to talk about religion. Then I found out she voted for someone I can't stand. Fine. Now we didn't talk about or religion or  politics.

Now we don't talk at all because she has fallen into the Q cult and kept trying to get me to believe in it🤣 (that's all I'll say about that.) 

I just can't deal with her anymore (and now her husband is divorcing her over it)  I really miss being able to talk to her when she was sane.

Ugh sorry for unloading my *carp* on everyone.

What else?

I was relieved to hear today that my City of Chicago grands won't be going back to school in person until at least November. I was so worried.

I already knew my suburban ones are scheduled to be doing virtual starting next week.

The German ones probably will be going back, with masks, and social distancing.

The four living on a boat will continue homeschooling.

I have won the battle of the bird bugs.  

I’m new here but I have to say that the people on this thread are so nice and truly caring even tho you just met them.  There’s no judgement.  A true friend is hard to find.  They are with you in highs and lows.  We all have troubles at one time or another, and it’s good to know that somebody cares.  That is this thread and you don’t even know them.  I know what you mean about our kids.  We don’t want to burden them as they are growing up their own families, and have their own problems.  If we whine to them, they pull back.  We just have to suck it up.  Everyone is testy with this damn virus, and we don’t know when it’s going away.  Everyday is the same.  We all are restricted.  All I do is shop for groceries a little, go to doctors and watch tv, but, I guess some people have it worse with illness and other things.  I just hope the electricity doesn’t go out .. then what do we do, lol.  Nothing, God forbid.  Tomorrow is a better day.  I’m sure lots of people feel like you.  It’s probably the norm now.  Xoxo

• Love 18
15 hours ago, emma675 said:

If you think you're the outlier, I'm on another planet. DH and I started watching Hamilton the week it was on Disney+ and paused it when I had to get up. Neither of us has any interest in resuming. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, realityfan26 said:

If you think you're the outlier, I'm on another planet. DH and I started watching Hamilton the week it was on Disney+ and paused it when I had to get up. Neither of us has any interest in resuming. 

I've watched about half of it twice, when my daughter played it for us while they were here (once just her and me watching, the second time also with her husband - who is totally obsessed with it - and Mr Jyn). Both times we ended up stopping about halfway through because it was getting late. My daughter loves it as well, and even Grand-Jynlet is starting to get to know some of the songs. It's so cute when she tries to sing along to King George's Da-da-da-da-dai refrain. 

Mr Jyn ended up walking out a little over half an hour into it with no interest whatsoever, but he typically doesn't like musicals at all. He'll watch the occasional one in a theater with me, but even then we often end up leaving at intermission because he starts fidgeting, and I can't enjoy it when I start sort of seeing it through his eyes, as it were...

I did like it, but on more a level that I really appreciated the masterful writing than on an emotional one. I'll probably watch the rest of it sometime the next time they come over, but I'm not driven to finish watching it by myself. I'm sure it is the sort of thing I would get to really love once I got to know the songs better, but since they are not the type of music to which I tend to respond more viscerally, I don't know that I will actually get to that stage or not.

• Love 8

I'm not really a musical fan, so despite being a history buff and a music fan, I never could get into Hamilton. I like Sweeney Todd and Fiddler on the Roof, and that's about it. I just don't cope well psychologically with people breaking into song. LOL

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m in such a mood today. It feels like a Friday. I have three more hours of work but could care less. MOOD. 

After work I am going to go buy a watermelon. 

I feel you. This project manager at work asked me to help them test something at 3:30 pm today and I said sorry, but no. I haven't had a day off in over two weeks (not even the weekend) and I'm signing off early. I'm DONE.

• Love 11

I'm back. Ta-da! 

I had tech problems that kept me away since I last posted. But now I have internet again.

I missed you guys and I hope y'all are doing well.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 17