Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

@Happyfatchick, so nice to see you posting!

So I went to TJMaxx yesterday,looking to replace a mug I bought for my daughter, which had gotten chipped on the way home. I found two pairs of pants and a couple of other small things, so I decided to buy one of their bags for 99 cents. The cashier spends a couple of minutes taking the pants off the hangers and folding them neatly, then informs me that *I* will have to put them in the bag myself because they're not allowed to do that for fear of contamination! So they can touch all over the items you've handled to buy, fold them and whatnot, but they can't put them in their bag that you plucked off the rack and only touched the handle of because somehow it might spread the virus?! WTAF??

And don't even get me started on Jesse Goldberg, who is supposedly going to teach African-American literature at Auburn...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

You can also contact any prospective therapist's office and give them your insurance info and ask them to pre-cert you.  Most insurance company provider lists are not up to date, so, while you can check your handbook or the website; the information may be out of date.

I find it hard to believe that the hospital didn't have some sort of access plan for their outpatient clinics during the pandemic.  If not telemedicine, then another site or, at the very least, a phone line for leaving messages.  It is patient abandonment not to provide some sort of care, even if face to face visits were not possible.

From mid-March until early May, in Ohio, medical practitioners were only allowed to provide 'essential' care which means no routine visits for annual exams and such.  However, we were still allowed to see pregnant patients and people who needed procedures including placing IUD's and implants.  Contraception was and is considered essential care.  I find it difficult to think that mental health care isn't also essential.  I will say that some controlled substances require a face to face practitioner visit for refills and, if you are one one of those, there's a reason they couldn't give them without a visit.

Did you actually contact the clinic and your doctor and ask about these issues? Just because the clinic building was shut down doesn't mean services couldn't be received.  It just doesn't make sense that they closed up shop and were completely unavailable for 3 months.

My appointments were through texting or calling mostly texting 

5 hours ago, marypat57 said:

Happyfatchick:

Thanks for the sweet comments about my grandma.  She truly was a wonderful person.  

She was widowed on the eve of WW II (my grandfather was buried on 12/5/41), and left with 5 children between the ages of 16 and 6 , in  addition to her husband's parents to provide for.   She got a job as a telephone operator for the federal government and worked nights on the waterfront in NYC.  In her later years, grandma also took care of her mother, before my great grandma was admitted to a local nursing home.  My grandma visited her mother every day for 3 years, until my great grandma passed away.  My grandma also buried 3 of her 5 children before she died at the age of 86.

Grandma was a fun person whose hobbies included playing poker with her family and friends and visiting the local OTB facility.  She is certainly missed.

I really do love her.  I know you miss her!  One of my goals in life is to be THAT grandma.  I do!  I want to be the grandma who is revered, laughed with, played with, joked with, asked for recipes from, admired, looked forward to, looked up to, quoted, relied on, snuggled with, and above all loved.  One day (hopefully a long way off) I want to be the grandma who lives on in memories forever.  Pretty sure whatever they retain from me won’t be fashion based. So yes, I love your grandma and love the fact she’s still in your heart and that she had an envelope for robbers.  I’ll be the grandma who says “oh, I don’t keep cash here, I’m sorry!  Are you hungry?”. 

We actually have a running joke in our house.  I’m not comfortable around guns, but understand I’d want one in a pinch.  So there is a loaded one on top of the “husband hutch” that I can’t reach. 

Excuse me: finger up to the intruder, asking permission to be excused.  I need to get the step stool.  I’m a need you to wait right there a sec.  don’t move.  
Back with step stool:  finger up, one more sec while I feel around the top of this hutch thing for the weapon...

Down from step stool:  (addressing intruder) can you get that light for me, I can’t tell if there’s a safety on here. 

Extending weapon to intruder:  is this loaded?

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3

It seems like so many of us are having a crappy weekend. Is Mercury in retrograde? (That’s a thing, right?). I had a pretty nice day yesterday, even though I worked a few hours (at home) in the morning. Today I had to go to the grocery store, and then IKEA to return something I bought online a few months ago. The grocery store was fine, but when I drove up to IKEA there had to be at least 200 hundred people lined up outside waiting to get it. The store had been open for 45 minutes, so there were probably twice as many people inside. I drove right through the parking lot and back home. Just seeing all those people in one place freaked me out and pissed me off. It’s totally irrational for me to be annoyed at all the people there, since obviously I was intending to go there, but I think it was that it seemed like everyone was in groups. It looked like there were entire extended families there! Admittedly I live in a state with low numbers but they are starting to tick up again. I’m just pissed that people are starting to act like everything is back to normal when it’s not. I haven’t really been too stressed out by all of this (I know I’m fortunate in many ways) but today it just hit me hard. I spent the rest of the afternoon eating junk food and watching a documentary on the Dust Bowl. 

• Love 8

@Happyfatchick-so happy to see you again!!  You've been missed ♥

I feel like I could write one of JillD's gushy husband posts today.  We went to bed around 1245am this morning, and I woke up a little after 500am with the most horrific pain in my back.  I've been dealing with chronic pain and diagnosed with intractable pain for 11 years, so I'm use to it.  But, holy hell.  This was bad.  It was above my bra line (abnormal for me) and radiating into both shoulder blades.  After 15-20 minutes, I couldn't handle it anymore.  I had to wake up Mr. Six.  He asked if I needed to head to the ER, and I initially said yes.  But, after much thought with the current situation, I decided not to go.  We would both have to self-quarantine for 14 days, and he can't afford to do that with work deadlines.  I ended up taking my normal RX pain meds and tried to sleep it off.  He had to help me physically sit up since I'm not able to on my own, and he literally turned me around so I went from on my back to my right side.  I don't know what I would have done without him.  I finally made my way downstairs, but I've been on the sidelines all day in the living room.  He made dinner for us, which was much appreciated.  I'm not sure how tonight is going to go.  Best kicker?  The pain hasn't dissipated at all.  And since it's been quiet this year, Baltimore is in the path for hurricane/tropical storm Isaias.  We already have a Tropical Storm Watch &  flash flood watch in place.  This is from one of the meteorologist's Twitter:  

If you made it this far, thank you!!

image.png

59 minutes ago, sixlets said:

@Happyfatchick-so happy to see you again!!  You've been missed ♥

I feel like I could write one of JillD's gushy husband posts today.  We went to bed around 1245am this morning, and I woke up a little after 500am with the most horrific pain in my back.  I've been dealing with chronic pain and diagnosed with intractable pain for 11 years, so I'm use to it.  But, holy hell.  This was bad.  It was above my bra line (abnormal for me) and radiating into both shoulder blades.  After 15-20 minutes, I couldn't handle it anymore.  I had to wake up Mr. Six.  He asked if I needed to head to the ER, and I initially said yes.  But, after much thought with the current situation, I decided not to go.  We would both have to self-quarantine for 14 days, and he can't afford to do that with work deadlines.  I ended up taking my normal RX pain meds and tried to sleep it off.  He had to help me physically sit up since I'm not able to on my own, and he literally turned me around so I went from on my back to my right side.  I don't know what I would have done without him.  I finally made my way downstairs, but I've been on the sidelines all day in the living room.  He made dinner for us, which was much appreciated.  I'm not sure how tonight is going to go.  Best kicker?  The pain hasn't dissipated at all.  And since it's been quiet this year, Baltimore is in the path for hurricane/tropical storm Isaias.  We already have a Tropical Storm Watch &  flash flood watch in place.  This is from one of the meteorologist's Twitter:  

If you made it this far, thank you!!

image.png

Hopefully Isaias will claim down a little before she gets to you.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

it’s Western MA, if that helps!

It does! Thanks! I'm South Coast, about half an hour from Providence, and one of the last towns you can be in before you can properly say Cape Cod. 

5 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

It does! Thanks! I'm South Coast, about half an hour from Providence, and one of the last towns you can be in before you can properly say Cape Cod. 

Howdy, neighbor! I’m on the South Shore. No tornados here usually, but I’m wondering if this is the year we get a real hurricane.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:21 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Something that covid has taken from me are my concerts! This is HUGE to me.  Music feeds my soul. It’s hard to explain.  With my crew (friends who are like family that share my passion.) we thrive on the music, the sharing, the camaraderie,  etc.  If you want a super experience check out 25th Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame performances on Amazon prime.  OMG!!! I can’t describe how good it is. Takes you to another time and place! I don’t think you have to like rock n roll. Lol It includes, Crosby, Stills, Nash, James Taylor, Bruce, Stones, Sting, U 2, Stevie, Smokey, Raitt, Fergie, Simon, Garfunkel, Sam Moore of Soul Man!!!    I’m watching now......awesome!

Thank you, Sunnybebe! Watching it now.
I miss music and dancing SO much! 💃🏼🕺🏼

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

I really do love her.  I know you miss her!  One of my goals in life is to be THAT grandma.  I do!  I want to be the grandma who is revered, laughed with, played with, joked with, asked for recipes from, admired, looked forward to, looked up to, quoted, relied on, snuggled with, and above all loved.  One day (hopefully a long way off) I want to be the grandma who lives on in memories forever.  Pretty sure whatever they retain from me won’t be fashion based. So yes, I love your grandma and love the fact she’s still in your heart and that she had an envelope for robbers.  I’ll be the grandma who says “oh, I don’t keep cash here, I’m sorry!  Are you hungry?”. 

We actually have a running joke in our house.  I’m not comfortable around guns, but understand I’d want one in a pinch.  So there is a loaded one on top of the “husband hutch” that I can’t reach. 

Excuse me: finger up to the intruder, asking permission to be excused.  I need to get the step stool.  I’m a need you to wait right there a sec.  don’t move.  
Back with step stool:  finger up, one more sec while I feel around the top of this hutch thing for the weapon...

Down from step stool:  (addressing intruder) can you get that light for me, I can’t tell if there’s a safety on here. 

Extending weapon to intruder:  is this loaded?

seriously, people!!!  We are all losing our collective minds.  I have not worked (not embroidered one inch!!) since all production shut down in March.  We aren’t hurting, we’re fine.  BUT IM LOSING MY MIND!!!!!  I want my life back!!!!!  This is so crazy.  Tuesday, all is fine, life is normal.  Thursday, we’re all on an elevator ride going to hell on a dang covid molecule.  I will say:  I grew up in the world of Twilight Zone and have considered myself to be practically Orwellian being able to “see” bad outcomes.  This one... nope.  Nnneeeeeeeerp.  This is just not something I EVER envisioned in a million years, y’all, and I’m VIVID!!!  I dream in color!  I can make a story out of a burned matchstick.  The entire WORLD.  The EARTH shut down.  Shut the f DOWN.  (The f bomb has become my friend, I will try to refrain from The many creative and useful ways it fits this situation.). My inner “Karen” is tapping her watch saying “(throaty sigh) this isn’t WORKING for MEEEE.  Put the other guy in charge!!!!”  And then.  I got this feeling of catastrophe down like a science.  I don’t leave the house, I garden, I worry, I hoard a little.  Well, FOOD.  I gardened and canned and froze all summer.  Like a woman on a mission.  I don’t know what my shoulders are feeling, but it’s not peace and tranquility.  Plus, I love camping and I’m STUCK HERE!!!  We fired our service manager (sexual harassment against a customer, thankyouverymuchpleasedontsueme!!!) in February.  we didn’t replace him bc we wouldn’t have normal needed one until April.  And then the covid...  and so much unrest and ugliness and unruliness and GARBAGE... and if zombies walked up right now, I’m not sure I could react enough to be worried.  Pretty sure I’d just think it was the next chapter.   We own property on a river that is beautiful and serene.  So we go there an weekends it’s not a million degrees.  

weirdness???  Last year I made 20 baby blankets and took them to the local hospital After someone there told me how many babies in MY area had to go home with no blanket.  Well, I thought, THAT, I can do.  This year the hospital won’t take them.  [See????  What a perfectly good example of the need for a good F bomb!!].  I was told:  take them to the fire station - if there’s an accident, they like to be able to wrap a child in a blanket. 

anybody else turned into a canning fool???  I’m telling you - here in the Deep South, our growing season is over unless I put in a fall garden (and I still could...).  I have canned and canned and froze and froze - everything is full and I’m still so restless!!  Yesterday I canned 2 pine cones, 2 ants and 3 rusty nails.  You don’t want to sit still near me for very long, you could find your head in a jar.  

Im so sorry, I’m ranting and I’m fine.  Fine fine fine.  Fine.  

—————-

To @MARYPAT57, I have pics of my family all over my house (like everyone, I know).  I’m in the early process of leaving a note behind the pic in the frames for all of them.  I know I could live to be 100 and things could change.  But I’m not telling any of them that I’m doing it.  I’m just jotting down notes about the person in the picture and leaving it for them to find. How much they mean to me, how I love them.  Something I remember about them (a story).  In my one grandsons (who is so so so special to me, he is my sunshine), I recalled a time we were at the beach.  He was probably 12 that year, too old to be holding hands, and not so cuddly any more.  There was a harsh hard wave current going on, and I went out with him.  Those waves nearly beat my old fat ass to DEATH, and yet.  I stayed out there with him for probably 2 hours bc he held my hand and wanted me, his old fat Giggy, to be out there with him.  We would get knocked flat and driven along, we’d stand up and he’d reach for my hand again so we could get knocked down together.  He laughed SO HARD that day.  It’s a memory you couldn’t pry from me with a crowbar.  I didn’t need that particular day to know how much he loved me, how much he enjoyed me, how much my time meant to him - but it was some really sweet icing on the cake.   

I just think it’ll be a really cool Easter egg hunt for them to each find a note from me behind their pics.  It’s not funny, but I have an image (I’m VIVID, I tell ya!) of 10 people running down to the Salvation Army collection to get pics back when one of them realizes there are notes inside.  Haha!!!

i love this group.  Thank you for letting me Back in the door.  It’s all about the secret knock.

See, all you newbies, THIS is why we were all saying we missed @Happyfatchick, and hoped she was ok.

Welcome back, HFC, you are the highlight of my day! Glad you are ok, just going crazy like the rest of us.

• Love 10
On 8/1/2020 at 10:24 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

So, typical day...Having Mom over for the weekend as usual...no problem other than her always managing to notice whatever has not been accomplished since the last time she was here. But that's par for the course, and I know that my actual sense of ambition goes out of the window as soon as the real summer temps arrive, so I deserve it.

Daughter, son-in-law and Grand-Jynlet also over for a couple of days (also as usual these days). I do like to have them over, though. 

Mr. Jyn found a recipe for an Indian-spice inspired vegetarian shepherd's pie for me to make for my daughter , which took me waaaay longer than it should have (I don't cook nearly as well from recipes as I do when I just make things up on instinct). Then made dinner for everyone else. All came out very tasty. After dinner, Mr Jyn and I, plus son-in-law went out to sit on the Adirondack chairs in the backyard with another glass of wine to relax. My daughter was putting Grand-Jynlet down for the night.

Anyway, somehow we got to talking about how difficult this year has been to get anything in the vegetable garden to grow, etc...It's really been a horrible season, and I'll admit that while early mornings would probably be the best time to do work, I don't do mornings, and especially since Mr Jyn doesn't go out anything like early himself; he actually gets the most work done in the godawful part of midday that's not fit for man or beast. So, anyway, it was really pleasant sitting there after dinner, and conversation went to both my son-in-law and I agreeing that  this was the nicest time of the day to do some work, and we sort of got up to start pulling at a few weeds, and so did Mr Jyn, as he was certainly not going to sit there if we were working - quite understandable. However, after 10 or 15 minutes, I decided that the couple of glasses of wine I'd had were making me feel a bit woozy, and I didn't necessarily feel like devoting the evening to yard work given the fact that we had a houseful of company. but Mr Jyn kept doggedly at the part of the flowerbed he had tackled. so I didn't feel right giving up since I was the one who had brought up the idea of weeding to begin with. So I kept on. At which point Mr Jyn decided that I was being a "ridiculous bitch" about the whole thing. This is just the sort of thing I seem to have to deal with way too often these days, and part of me just figures that the only way not to end up feeling really put upon is to basically agree that he is right, and I have to find a way to be more reasonable (and to do my fair share of yard work. which he is probably more than justified in feeling that I don't quite get to, but I do babysit my granddaughter, do most of the cleaning, and all the cooking, to be fair - plus which he doesn't hate hot weather the way I do).  So. Yeah. I'm frustrated. I feel as though I'm horribly negligent on the one hand, but also feel as though I don't really deserve some of what he accuses me of on the other.

Sorry to bring this up here....I'm just having a really depressing evening...

I'm behind on the forum, but I just felt compelled to say, @Jynnan tonnix, I think you seem like a really lovely person, and I am consistently pretty appalled in what an asshole your husband can be to you. I'm sure he has some decent qualities, but it seems like he never thinks he is in the wrong, even when he is behaving childishly or horribly, and that he is unappreciative in general. You don't deserve that (nobody does), and I hope today was a better day for you. 

@Happyfatchick it's good to see you back! 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, magpye29 said:

WHAT??

6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

@magpye29, it’s Western MA, if that helps!

It was over fairly quickly. I guess the tornado briefly touched down in CT, then MA, but never stayed on the ground or gained speed.

• Love 2

Hi, @Happyfatchick! Good to see you back. @sixlets I am so sorry for your sh*tty day of pain and I hope today is better for you.

I also feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes. What's saving it for now is that I've been working a temp assignment since February, mostly at home at first and 100% at home since mid-March. Keeps me occupied during regular biz hours M-F at the computer, and the extra money is much appreciated. 

This weekend, Saturday *and* Sunday, I hopped in the minivan and drove to a state park about 45 minutes from here. I'd never been to it and there was a history-related event there. Outdoors under a picnic shelter, everybody masked and it wasn't crowded. The park has great trails and scenery but by the time I got there Saturday it was too hot for me to explore much of the trails, since I wasn't dressed for hiking in the heat. So, yesterday (Sunday) I got up early and got to the park early before the heat, and did a total of 2.5 miles on one of the trails. I'd judged it pretty well but the last bit of it, I wished I'd worn crop pants instead of long pants, as the day had warmed up. TBH some of the terrain proved a bit of a challenge to my old overweight bod, especially the increase in elevation during the final part. But I took it easy and felt very accomplished that I did it. In a few minutes I'll get dressed and go walk at least a mile in a nice city park nearby. I've been doing that several mornings for the last couple of weeks, and I feel better during the day when I've had my walk. There are people around but it's not mobbed or anything, and plenty of masks in evidence including mine.

Where I have to keep my mind from going all "Catastrophe ahead!!" on me, is thinking about winter. I freaking hate cold weather, snow, and ice. I have a circulatory condition (Raynaud's), fortunately rather mild, but still it means that no matter how well I bundle up, my hands and feet become painful after a few minutes outdoors when it's cold. And I'm subject to frostbite in relatively mild conditions. No nice outdoor walks for me here in the winter.

However, I have August and September, and most of October, in which to enjoy my outdoor walks. And, I'm hatching plans to get out of here and go somewhere warm for at least January and February. It has to do with the old minivan I bought. My first two-night camping trip in it (to a state park 4 hours from here) is coming up in a couple of weeks. I hope that I like the experience, and hope to do more little trips like that in the next few months. Both as a nice break from sitting at home, and as practice to fine-tune my setup and learn from experience. Because I'd love to figure out an itinerary, probably AZ and NM, for camping in the van on extended road trips in January and February. 

I'd assumed that the second row seats in the minivan would be too heavy for me to remove unassisted. Well, hallelujah! I managed to do that myself; got them out and stored away. May need help to replace them if I ever want to do that. I'm planning to pay a mechanic to do the tricky job of removing the third row seats. They are permanently installed but I want them gone. They fold flat but if they aren't there, there's a nice sized storage area I can make use of. 

So between messing with my old minivan and poking my nose outdoors more often, and working, and talking to people on the phone, I'm hanging onto my so-called sanity. But damn, I have relatives in Houston who've had COVID, and cancer, and I can't go see them. I have good friends here who are in bad health and have basically (and prudently) self-quarantined, and I haven't seen them for months now. All of that hurts my heart.

• Love 16

@SunnyBeBe I hope you have made your hurricane preparations. You know is isn’t good when Jim Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach. 
@sixlets I hope you are feeling better today. Bad pain sucks. I’m glad that your husband has been helpful and made dinner. I read that a lot of ppl are avoiding emergency rooms because they are more scared about catching Covid then they are worried about whatever is wrong with them. 
@Happyfatchick Welcome back. You wit was missed. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

@SunnyBeBe I hope you have made your hurricane preparations. You know is isn’t good when Jim Cantore is in Wrightsville Beach. 
@sixlets I hope you are feeling better today. Bad pain sucks. I’m glad that your husband has been helpful and made dinner. I read that a lot of ppl are avoiding emergency rooms because they are more scared about catching Covid then they are worried about whatever is wrong with them. 
@Happyfatchick Welcome back. You wit was missed. 

I'm praying that it's not too bad.  I just realized I need some more batteries.  I guess I'll try to go get those soon.  The worse part is losing power.  OMG, it's so hot.  And, then there'll be no cable or internet......It's difficult for me to work without internet.  I have to take my dad to the doctor this week too, so, I hope that won't be impacted. 

I finally found a link for the Anniversary special.  Gimme Shelter is one of my favorite Stones songs.  I liked this version by Jagger, Fergie and U2.........Oh well, just realized that's it's U2, Bruce and Patti Smith.  That's good too!  Apparently, the link plays different performances, so, I'm not sure which one you might get.  All are awesome! 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

Hello friends! 

In happy news the lunch with my god mother did happen! My god sister, her husband and baby came in from MI and we had lunch and got some beautiful photographs of each other. She is still making decisions on her next course of care. 

The day started off in a crazy way because the caregiver CANCELLED on me at 11:55pm the night before because she had anxiety and wanted to be with her family on Sunday because her brother died on a Sunday. (Young lady who’s brother committed suicide) I couldn’t even respond because the tips of my ears and cheeks had turned red (y’all know I’m black so if my face was red I was LIVID as fuck). I eventually got it together enough to say that of course her health took priority before anything else, but she should’ve cancelled the week or the DAY before when we talked on the phone, and if she isn’t healthy enough to commit to jobs she should not do so- especially how necessary the work is! What if we had been out of town? What if Mom was working??? My sister cannot be left alone. I told her to focus on her health and WE would wait to hear from HER when she was healthy and well enough to commit to working. 

Im trying to get my internet working properly for work. 

AND.....my great aunt (86 and dementia) and cousin (51 her daughter) and their dog& cat are officially living in a hoarding situation. I’m going to take some time to think on best next steps but I will need to go back out there in a few weeks to confirm the plumbing is still working and get some footage of the place so that others can SEE what I’m talking about. And I think the fridge finally died. They both are physically clean (the bathroom/kitchen sink seem to be the only non hoarded spots in the home), and they have soap....but that’s the best I can say. Oh and the laundry works to keep the linen clean. 

Save me. 

• Love 4

I have a circulatory condition (Raynaud's), fortunately rather mild, but still it means that no matter how well I bundle up, my hands and feet become painful after a few minutes outdoors when it's cold. And I'm subject to frostbite in relatively mild conditions. No nice outdoor walks for me here in the winter.

Jeeves, could you use those little heater/warming packs made for gloves and boots? I used to work with a woman who had Raynaud's pretty bad, her fingers would turn blue in the summer in our office because the A/C was so strong and she would hold those little heating packs to help. 

Scarlett45, oh my, I'm so sorry. There seem to be no easy answers or solutions to a hoarding situation, esp. when there are multiple people involved. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Scarlett45, oh my, I'm so sorry. There seem to be no easy answers or solutions to a hoarding situation, esp. when there are multiple people involved. 

After I get the footage I think I may reach out to my father’s brother in VA. We don’t have a relationship (outside of FB friends) but I believe he loves my Aunt and he would have more authority with my cousin than I would. Also it’s probably best for my Aunt to go to a memory care facility and my cousin to get help for her own issues because if my Aunt was in her right mind she would not want to be living that way. 

• Love 12

Jerry Falwell Jr. of Liberty University posted his pictures to his Instagram of himself on vacation. I saw one. 

Jerry seems to think we need to know his drink was just "water colored black". 

Actually Jerry we wondering why your pants were half down/unbuttoned, why her short shorts were unbuttoned and who is the woman dressed up in shipwreck attire? 

He deleted the photos, but the internet still has the post.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Jerry Falwell Jr. of Liberty University posted his pictures to his Instagram of himself on vacation. I saw one. 

Jerry seems to think we need to know his drink was just "water colored black". 

Actually Jerry we wondering why your pants were half down/unbuttoned, why her short shorts were unbuttoned and who is the woman dressed up in shipwreck attire? 

He deleted the photos, but the internet still has the post.

I couldn't find a link.  If you have it, would you post or PM me? 

• Love 1
On 7/30/2020 at 11:59 AM, Nysha said:

If it makes you feel any better, I cut my own hair and now I have a very uneven mullet with various shades of blue, brown, and grey from a home dye job last January. I'm pretty sure I look like a Walmart Redneck, but at least it's out of my face.

OMG @Nysha! That’s the best laugh I’ve had in weeks!  I haven’t been on much with my uncle’s memorial and my niece having her baby, but I’m thinking about you guys.

For everyone who is sick, or has a sick loved one, I’m really hoping and praying the best for you and your families.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

photosofJerryfalwelljr

Not sure if this will work, because I've never done this before. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I took a peak, but, it doesn't seem like something he would pose for or post.  I'm not convinced at this point.  

I was really suspicious of that picture, but patheos is linking to someone on Twitter who works for Liberty University and initially claimed the photo was fake before backtracking and saying it was "taken out of context." Then the tweet got deleted. The plot thickens!

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020/08/03/jerry-falwell-jr-posted-this-bizarre-picture-on-instagram-then-deleted-it/

• LOL 8
On 8/2/2020 at 10:15 AM, PikaScrewChu said:

And it is seen as presumptuous when I refer to myself by Dr. <last name>. Hrmpf. 

Ahhh tell them to go fuck a duck if they don’t like it! Earning a Ph.D. is no small feat, and the people that I know don’t want to refer to me as Dr. Chips are the exact people who I insist call me by my title. Yeah, I know, I’m petty. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Thanks.  I'm looking forward to his awkward explanation.  🤣

Yes, like in what context would this be appropriate for anyone over 30, never mind a conservative preacher.

• Love 9
On 8/1/2020 at 4:21 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Something that covid has taken from me are my concerts! This is HUGE to me.  Music feeds my soul. It’s hard to explain.  With my crew (friends who are like family that share my passion.) we thrive on the music, the sharing, the camaraderie,  etc.  If you want a super experience check out 25th Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame performances on Amazon prime.  OMG!!! I can’t describe how good it is. Takes you to another time and place! I don’t think you have to like rock n roll. Lol It includes, Crosby, Stills, Nash, James Taylor, Bruce, Stones, Sting, U 2, Stevie, Smokey, Raitt, Fergie, Simon, Garfunkel, Sam Moore of Soul Man!!!    I’m watching now......awesome!

Concerts and events are my job.  Right now it's all virtual.  I miss the controlled chaos of working a concert.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes, like in what context would this be appropriate for anyone over 30, never mind a conservative preacher.

That was my thought! I would love to hear the context in which this is appropriate according to their own beliefs. 

• Love 2
On 8/1/2020 at 5:12 PM, doodlebug said:

Me too!  So many musical events of all kinds in the summer.  The Cleveland Orchestra, one of the best in the world, plays in a lovely outdoor venue.  I try to get down there at least once each year and spend an evening under the stars listening to beautiful music.  

I also love me some rock and roll and was excited that Bruce was supposed to tour this summer-except not.  The Stones were also supposed to be here.  These guys aren't young and spry anymore and who knows how much longer they'll be touring and now we've lost a year,

If you haven't been to the Rock Hall itself, it is well worth the trip.  The exhibits are really innovative and there is a real mission to explain how rock and rock came to be and introduce young fans to some of the early influences.  Besides, they've got stuff like Jim Morrison's cub scout uniform!  John Lennon's report cards!  Little Richard's suits!

I went with my sisters and we had THE best time.  I could have spent hours more.  Really worth it.  We had a blast singing and dancing in the one hit wonder pod type thing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I took a peek, but, it doesn't seem like something he would pose for or post.  I'm not convinced at this point.  

On his remaining IG post, there is a picture of the same woman in the same outfit with some of his female family members.  It's definitely him.  Supposedly they were having a "Trailer Park Boys" themed party on a yacht.  Possibly to celebrate his daughter's engagement.

And remember, he isn't a preacher (he says quite often when people call him out on his behavior).  He is an educator and a lawyer.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

On his remaining IG post, there is a picture of the same woman in the same outfit with some of his female family members.  It's definitely him.  Supposedly they were having a "Trailer Park Boys" themed party on a yacht.  Possibly to celebrate his daughter's engagement.

And remember, he isn't a preacher (he says quite often when people call him out on his behavior).  He is an educator and a lawyer.

Any idea who the girl is in the picture? 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

It doesn't matter if he is a preacher or not. As a Christian he needs to follow the same moral code he talks about.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

It doesn't matter if he is a preacher or not. As a Christian he needs to follow the same moral code he talks about.

Especially considering the fact that a student would probably be kicked out of his university for a stunt like that. I went to C of O, which is an uptight place, but I've always heard Liberty was even worse. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Any idea who the girl is in the picture? 

She is a physical trainer who works at Liberty.  Through a quick check of her social media, her husband also works at Liberty and they just announced that she is pregnant.  I will not post her name here but in the original IG photo, she is tagged.

1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Believe me, I agree with you.  I've had thoughts and opinions about that whole family for over 20 years while living in Lynchburg.  Very little positive to say.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Bewitched said:

She is a physical trainer who works at Liberty.  Through a quick check of her social media, her husband also works at Liberty and they just announced that she is pregnant.  I will not post her name here but in the original IG photo, she is tagged.

Believe me, I agree with you.  I've had thoughts and opinions about that whole family for over 20 years while living in Lynchburg.  Very little positive to say.

Thank you--yeah I don't want to out her or anything. I just . . . had questions if that was his daughter. :S 

I can’t envision why he would pose that way.  Even drunk out his mind, it makes no sense.  Even less sense to post it.  I would suspect it’s photoshopped. If not, I’d be interested to know the story. 

• Love 3

Wouldn’t be the first time someone (Christian or not) has gone the “do as I say, not as I do” route. 

ETA - I also went to a conservative Southern college with a religious affiliation. So many of us here!

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 4

Cute kitties Couchtater!

Growing up, my parents’ fundie church had quite a few scandals. This one preacher left town with his lover who he had been having an affair, ( they were caught in the act on church property) leaving his wife and children and the lover’s husband. Lover took her small children with them. It was quite the scandal. They moved to a beach out of state....And he became a beer drinking beach bum. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7