Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CatLady

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

This was a weird episode.  For all they talked about arranging the schedule so holidays would match, including writing that temporary prison break week, today's Christmas Day episode felt like the kind of episode that should have aired on Monday--still within the Christmas week but not on Christmas.

The episodes got out of order when a hockey game scheduled for the Thanksgiving holiday didn't happen.  So Horton tree ornaments and Hospital children's reading aired one day earlier than planned.

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

I too, so love Ben & Ciara together.  I really felt for Ben and his struggle with putting Ciara's ornament on the tree.  Having Ciara show up (if only in his mind) was such a sweet moment.  They can be a bit sugary, sweet sometimes, but I love their fierce loyalty to one another.  

As for my other favorite couple on the show, it would be so cool if Jensen Ackles could reprise the role of Eric until Greg Vaughan comes back. I know it will never happen. I just hate not seeing this super couple together.  

 

 

I know lots of fans hate Cin, because of Ben's past, and I understand that, but it's their "fierce loyalty" to each other, plus the slow burn that they romance took, that (for me) makes them the closest to a 80's super couple that Days has had in a long time.

I wasn't watching before GV became Eric, so not sure how I'd feel about a recast, since that's how it would feel to me, despite the fact that JA was Eric before GV.  There's just too many new faces right now, that I'd rather they temporarily have Eric go missing in Africa and be presumed dead than recast the role.

 

Edited by buffynut
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, buffynut said:

The episodes got out of order when a hockey game scheduled for the Thanksgiving holiday didn't happen.  So Horton tree ornaments and Hospital children's reading aired one day earlier than planned.

 

I know lots of fans hate Cin, because of Ben's past, and I understand that, but it's their "fierce loyalty" to each other, plus the slow burn that they romance took, that (for me) makes them the closest to a 80's super couple that Days has had in a long time.

I wasn't watching before GV became Eric, so not sure how I'd feel about a recast, since that's how it would feel to me, despite the fact that JA was Eric before GV.  There's just too many new faces right now, that I'd rather they temporarily have Eric go missing in Africa and be presumed dead than recast the role.

 

I will say as much as I dislike Cin they definitely have that 80s Supercouple feel in where they don't doubt each other which is something you can't say about the current couples anymore. I'd appreciate it more if I liked them but...

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I will say as much as I dislike Cin they definitely have that 80s Supercouple feel in where they don't doubt each other which is something you can't say about the current couples anymore. I'd appreciate it more if I liked them but...

I'd probably appreciate it more if it weren't for Ben's past. When you're fiercely loyal to a serial killer, it's kind of gross. There have been too many times where Ciara has been fiercely loyal to Ben which means basically looking down her nose at Ben's victims and attacking anyone who says a negative word about him.  Most of the time she behaved like Ben was some petty serial robber instead of serial killer.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'd probably appreciate it more if it weren't for Ben's past. When you're fiercely loyal to a serial killer, it's kind of gross. There have been too many times where Ciara has been fiercely loyal to Ben which means basically looking down her nose at Ben's victims and attacking anyone who says a negative word about him.  Most of the time she behaved like Ben was some petty serial robber instead of serial killer.

I totally agree, and that's what makes it difficult being a Cin fan.  I haven't forgotten his past, and still wish they'd never made him the necktie killer, but that was a different writer, the same one, wasn't it, who made Joey a murderer and Chase a rapist, and maybe even wrote that "romantic" Hope kills Stefano and covers it up with her soon to be new love's help. 🙄

Edited by buffynut

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't' watched this show since probably 2008. My wife used to record it on the DVR and we would hate-watch along with One Life to Live. Since OLTL is gone, and we needed some mindless entertainment we started watching this again. Lord. It's just horrible, but for now in a good way. I can image we'll be sick of it on a few months but its doing the job now. Anyhow, I look forward to complaining along with everyone here!

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

 

10 hours ago, Captain Bob said:

I haven't' watched this show since probably 2008. My wife used to record it on the DVR and we would hate-watch along with One Life to Live. Since OLTL is gone, and we needed some mindless entertainment we started watching this again. Lord. It's just horrible, but for now in a good way. I can image we'll be sick of it on a few months but its doing the job now. Anyhow, I look forward to complaining along with everyone here!

I get what you're saying, but as you mentioned many soaps are gone...and Days is the only one that still looks "normal" due to covid. That said, I'm just happy to have new stories, whether they are good, bad or indifferent. I don't even care if their timeline doesn't sync up with real time events. All I look forward to is watching and enjoying the familiar faces that have entertained us for over 50 years.

Edited by MsTree
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

 

15 hours ago, buffynut said:

I totally agree, and that's what makes it difficult being a Cin fan.  I haven't forgotten his past, and still wish they'd never made him the necktie killer, but that was a different writer, the same one, wasn't it, who made Joey a murderer and Chase a rapist, and maybe even wrote that "romantic" Hope kills Stefano and covers it up with her soon to be new love's help. 🙄

Shame they even had Ciara comparing her disgusting serial killer to her grandfather Doug . Who was once a con -artist over 30 years ago . That was utter horse manure. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone else find themselves in a fit of uncontrollable laughter at the words "Ben's past"?

I haven't really been paying close attention. Did Lani give birth or did she just deposit them into Kristen's womb like a mama penguin?

I can't wait for next Christmas! You just know that Charlie will be redeemed* and I'm excited for Ben and Charlie to bond at the Horton table while Allie and Abigail, both heavily medicated, listlessly push food around their plates, occasionally shushed by Marlena, and then wordlessly clear the dishes.

*Absolved via softcore nudity.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Not a spoiler but prediction...

Phillip is gonna knock-up Sarah. But they are gonna think its Xander's child. It will be a plot twist-aroo in about 2 years when said child is suddenly a teenager...

Seems pretty standard.

5 hours ago, Damian said:

Does anyone else find themselves in a fit of uncontrollable laughter at the words "Ben's past"?

I haven't really been paying close attention. Did Lani give birth or did she just deposit them into Kristen's womb like a mama penguin?

I can't wait for next Christmas! You just know that Charlie will be redeemed* and I'm excited for Ben and Charlie to bond at the Horton table while Allie and Abigail, both heavily medicated, listlessly push food around their plates, occasionally shushed by Marlena, and then wordlessly clear the dishes.

*Absolved via softcore nudity.

Is Allie medicated now? Or is that the "acting"? 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Not a spoiler but prediction...

Phillip is gonna knock-up Sarah. But they are gonna think its Xander's child. It will be a plot twist-aroo in about 2 years when said child is suddenly a teenager...

I was gonna say they pretty much already did that with Eric/Sarah/Xander but it doesn't matter, they repeat all the stories anyway so you could be right lol.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

52 minutes ago, Captain Bob said:

Phillip is gonna knock-up Sarah. But they are gonna think its Xander's child.

My theory is that Philip & Sarah will have sex, she will end up pregnant, and they will think the baby is Philip's but it will turn out to be Xander's. I feel like they've portrayed Sarah & Xander as an OTP who will have obstacles thrown their way but will end up together. Philip I see as an interloper in their relationship like he is/was with Belle & Shawn.

 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

So watching Claire and Allie do their girl-talk, I began to think how they are related. They are both first-cousins AND second-cousins. First cousins thru Belle (Sami's (half) sister), and second cousins thru Shawn D (Sami's first cousin). Almost as bad as Hope being Julie's step-daughter and half-sister!

Btw, for those in the Chicago area, Days will be on at 4pm Friday instead of its regular noon airing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

That was the worst Christmas episode days has ever aired. If it weren’t for Steve and Kayla, occasionally Marlena and John, although I think it’s just me remembering the old them, I would have stopped watching this already. I said it before I wouldn’t mind if they stopped producing new episodes and just started airing the old ones from the beginning maybe one episode from each week because I don’t think I’ll live long enough to watch them all  😀

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently, the HR department in Victor's company has the same stringent standards when it comes to protecting employees' private information as Salem Hospital applies to their patients' confidential medical data. They are also at the beck and call of his grandaughter, even on Christmas Day.

If they eventually choose to redeem Charlie, what route could they choose? In the case of Ben, they took a plausible and reasonable one, i.e. treatment, therapy and permanent medication to manage his condition. For Kristen, it was the shakier reasoning put forward by Idiot!Lani that since K now has a daughter, she is a Sainted Mother who should not be separated from her child despite the nature of her crime and her lack of remorse.

The show could combine the two for Charlie: therapy plus the fact that he now has a baby son who should not grow up without his loving daddy (preferably the generally saner version with the glasses).

We can now add Kate and Will to the list of people who will owe Tripp an apology when this rape plot is over.

I still have not recovered from the scene of the devil twins' birth, especially the opening with Salem's High Priestess of Evil and her feeble acolyte chanting dark incantations in the birthing room as Lani was getting ready to deliver what is obviously her psychical joint spawn with Kristen.

Edited by wurdalak
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

And once again a news break instead of Show.

Well, we got back with about fifteen minutest left to go.

Tripp knows he has an uncle on Ava's side, why would he be confused about having a relative?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I've been watching but not posting as much because everything seems so cringely.  I cringed in embarrassment for Lucas when he threatened Tripp with a pair of scissors and I cringed even more at his teenage stare of defiance when Marlena had to explain that trying to kill someone was wrong., I cringed at Claire's cooing at every cheesey line Charlie uttered while he stared at her with his serial killer gaze, I cringed at Steve's declaring he and sixty year old best friend John are the best of the best at detective work.  The list goes on and I can't believe that the only storyline that isn't making me cringe is the Gwen playing Princess Abs--that is one I'm enjoying immensely.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, wurdalak said:

In the case of Ben, they took a plausible and reasonable one, i.e. treatment, therapy and permanent medication to manage his condition.

giphy.gif

"Condition"?! That's even better than "Ben's past". 😂

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/27/2020 at 12:22 AM, MsTree said:

I get what you're saying, but as you mentioned many soaps are gone...and Days is the only one that still looks "normal" due to covid.

I only watch Days and Bold & the Beautiful.  On B&B it is SO, SO, SO noticeable that they are practicing social distancing protocol.  Even when there are emotional scenes that dictate a character should hug/console another, they are physically distanced and it REALLY takes me out of the story because it's so unnatural and awkward.  Some here might have heard about B&B using mannequins for love scenes (well, kissing only so far) but one couple uses their IRL spouse to stand in for their on screen love interest and man - you can tell some camera slight of hand is going on.

How is it that DOOL is able to get away with filming without regard to Covid protocols?

 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hey at least today we got a sample of the *Absolved via softcore nudity* with Charlie today. Wow, those shirts were hiding an awesome body. BTW in case anybody's interested Mike Manning is openly bisexual and has done several gay themed movies including nudity. Just sayin'

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

How is it that DOOL is able to get away with filming without regard to Covid protocols?

They have protocols.  They're just different than what other soaps are doing but probably closer to prime time shows.  Testing. Masks off during the scene.  Masks on every other time.

I'm actually surprised Y&R and B&B are still doing the stand in version of filming. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Damian said:

 

"Condition"?! That's even better than "Ben's past". 😂

Why? He has been diagnosed with a mental disease, which qualifies under the definition of a "condition" I believe. Unless you want to deny the meaningfulness of precise technical terminology, as might well be the intent here.  🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

They never really defined what Ben’s mental illness is. So it’s harder for us to make sense of it or have empathy. A lot of it was chalked up to his physical abuse by the hands of his kiddie rapist father but then they had multiple scenes of him and his dad being cordial and him telling his dad he did the best he could

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29gb6anyl4dol9taqzj2

if we are keeping the cannon his dad beat the shit out of him and him mom which caused his madness he should still hate his guts. And those scenes breezed past the past stuff conveyed that he raped his 13 yr old sister and is still this year non repentant on that and a homophobe who was fine with casual violent hate crimes to his “best friend” and grandson of his only advocate. 

@Captain Bob I still watch and like Days but the front burner stories I find extremely lacking.  I’m also rewatching Melrose Place to get my soap fix I got the idea since in another Days thread someone mentioned soap suicides and I recalled there were quite a few on it (they did not play when it came to death on that show) then just decided to rewatch the series since the production values and twists were there. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

they had multiple scenes of him and his dad being cordial and him telling his dad he did the best he could

That seems to be a constant on DOOL; no matter how awful a parent is, their children always find a way to reconcile with them and rationalise their behaviour. Think Sami with Allie and Will, Stefan/Victor and their respective broods, Ava and Tripp, Kate and her various offsprings, etc.

I suppose that in Salem, blood is thicker than abuse.

The show did not specify what Ben's mental illness is, but it seems to be accepted, including by Marlena the All-Knowing, that he was suffering from a mental condition and that his actions resulted from it. His control over it may be fragile since it depends on his meds and we have seen what can happen when he is deprived of them as in the whole Eve-Vincent brainwashing plot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Bens mental illness was Cheating syndrome.  When you catch your loved one cheating it drives you mad.  You kill and then  frame someone else. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Bens mental illness was Cheating syndrome.

I cant' seem to find it in my edition of the DSM-5. On what page is it referenced?   😉

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know...I kinda laughed at Claire's gift to Charlie. It just looked like such a non-descript shirt, lol. Seems like if you're gonna go with clothing as your first Christmas gift to your boyfriend, a cool sweater or scarf, or nice pair of leather gloves or something would be a better choice. The rather plain-looking button-down just seemed so generic, haha. But then I guess we wouldn't have gotten the Claire-gets-hot-and-bothered-by-seeing-Charlie-shirtless scene, so I guess I'm good with it, haha.

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I cringed in embarrassment for Lucas when he threatened Tripp with a pair of scissors and I cringed even more at his teenage stare of defiance when Marlena had to explain that trying to kill someone was wrong

I love Lucas, but right there with you regarding this. Lucas has always been a little hot-headed, but going after Tripp with the scissors and his subsequent attempt at justification to Marlena made him look like a damn idiot.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Kate, you have done worse things to keep your kids from hooking up with various folks. You want to kill Tripp too/make him pay? Lucas came across as an idiot. Let the courts work this out. And really, Allie just assumes that Tripp attacked her.

Steve, keep plying John with the booze. Yeah, Tripp may have relatives whose DNA could also be a match. It is a bit of a stretch that another family member could have been in London at the same time and followed Tripp to the flat or somehow knew Allie.

Claire, you and Charlie haven't really known each other for a long time. His giving you expensive concert tickets was a lot. What if you're not dating him by February? Do you give them back? Someone I've gone out with a couple of times should not be spending that kind of cash on me for the first Christmas. Maybe a $25 gift card or taking me out for a latte or something. And instead of buying him a shirt when you don't even know his size, it's a bit much. Yeah, it was an excuse to take his shirt off.  Again, a gift card to use to download his favourite CD, or a month's streaming of whatever service.  Something for his desk at work, like maybe a calendar. It's also very inappropriate to show up at Charlie's home. I'd be horrified if any of my coworkers just showed up out of nowhere. Yeah, maybe I have looked at the phonebook to see where they live, but I have never gone to their home. Just so and so lives in X area.

I also don't get why in this day and age, that folks who meet someone and start dating them actually look them up on the Internet to see if they match who they are, if they have any public criminal record, etc.

Charlie, what do you plan to do with your mother? She can't stay like this forever. People will notice that she is gone, none of her credit cards have been touched, no cash has been taken out of any bank, etc.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I only watch Days and Bold & the Beautiful.  On B&B it is SO, SO, SO noticeable that they are practicing social distancing protocol.  Even when there are emotional scenes that dictate a character should hug/console another, they are physically distanced and it REALLY takes me out of the story because it's so unnatural and awkward.  Some here might have heard about B&B using mannequins for love scenes (well, kissing only so far) but one couple uses their IRL spouse to stand in for their on screen love interest and man - you can tell some camera slight of hand is going on.

How is it that DOOL is able to get away with filming without regard to Covid protocols?

 

I have the opposite issue in that it drives me to distraction all the kissing and hugging on this show. The only time it didn't unnerve me was with Julie and Doug and that's because I know they're married in real life. I know there are scenes where it would be awkward for characters to not show some sort of physical affection, but it still makes me cringe.

5 hours ago, madhacker said:

Hey at least today we got a sample of the *Absolved via softcore nudity* with Charlie today. Wow, those shirts were hiding an awesome body. BTW in case anybody's interested Mike Manning is openly bisexual and has done several gay themed movies including nudity. Just sayin'

Ooh, I'm definitely very intrigued.

4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

They never really defined what Ben’s mental illness is. So it’s harder for us to make sense of it or have empathy. A lot of it was chalked up to his physical abuse by the hands of his kiddie rapist father but then they had multiple scenes of him and his dad being cordial and him telling his dad he did the best he could

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29gb6anyl4dol9taqzj2

if we are keeping the cannon his dad beat the shit out of him and him mom which caused his madness he should still hate his guts. And those scenes breezed past the past stuff conveyed that he raped his 13 yr old sister and is still this year non repentant on that and a homophobe who was fine with casual violent hate crimes to his “best friend” and grandson of his only advocate. 

 

Two of the many things that drive me crazy about Ben's story and why I can't stand it. The fact they never bothered to give his "condition" a name is just so stupid and lame. Yeah, I definitely can't find any sympathy or desire to absolve him of anything when he's got some generic problem. And, Ben being cool with Cylde the abuser is so gross. One of the reasons we're supposed to feel sorry for Ben is his horrible childhood thanks to Clyde and yet the show wants us to find Cylde redeemable and get warm and fuzzy at Clyde and Ben scenes. Hard pass.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Regardless of it being a bland shirt or not, Claire's gift to Charlie was specific to their first meeting, which feels appropriate for this point in their relationship.  And didn't she mention that it wasn't as nice a gift as his concert tickets?  

Mike Manning demonstrated a capability for a good range of emotions with being the menacing son to SweetCharlie and back again. 

Tamara Braun makes me smile with her delivery of snarky lines and death stares.  

The only thing that gets me through all of the scenes of people attacking Tripp is the realization that truth is in the mind of the beholder, and each of those characters believes they're the one telling the truth in that moment.  It's actually a little unnerving to see how people will behave whether they're truth is true or not.   

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, madhacker said:

Hey at least today we got a sample of the *Absolved via softcore nudity* with Charlie today. Wow, those shirts were hiding an awesome body. BTW in case anybody's interested Mike Manning is openly bisexual and has done several gay themed movies including nudity. Just sayin'

That scene had me 😂. Then  I ff’d and only caught a glimpse. But from what I saw I much rather see Xander shitless😀. I also can’t stand the character and can’t wait for him to be gone, hopefully. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Regardless of it being a bland shirt or not, Claire's gift to Charlie was specific to their first meeting

Ah, good point. I hadn't thought of that angle.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kate's outfit is....weirdly 80s girl fashion. Gwen looks better.

Philip seemed human with Chloe. Finally! Nice to see a not-scowl. He's also really starting to look like John Aniston more and more.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Watched the 12/28 episode today and wanted to say that after being away for months coming back to DOOL with all its faults is like putting on a comfy pair of slippers.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Well, let's sign up Abigail for MENSA, since she is the only person who can put two and two together. (A guy who lives at the mansion whose name starts with J but isn't Jack? It must be Harold.)

Gwen's scheming is fun, but all her lies would be easily debunked if two people had a simple conversation with each other. "She told me you said X." "She told me you said Y." I hope we find out the real reasoning behind her hatred of Abigail/Devereaux family soon. Otherwise this just becomes tedious.

Also Sarah, your pretend fight with Xander goes much smoother if you don't routinely defend him to already suspicious people.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

God, Chad is an asshole.

Sarah and Philip "dating" is kind of creepy, considering they're step siblings.

Even if you come to town as an alien in a pod, there's a good chance you'll end up being related to half the town. (SEE: Cassie and Rex).

I like Kate (I've always liked her, mainly due to LK's acting), and she could easily have a mature conversation with Chad regarding her side of the story, regardless of her supposed "betrayal" by sleeping with Jake. So I wish she would just shut him up already. Hopefully we won't too long before Abigail blurts it out. (Someone just get her some champers!) 

Edited by RunningMarket · Reason: context
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

I like Kate (I've always liked her, mainly due to LK's acting), and she could easily have a mature conversation with Chad regarding her side of the story, regardless of her supposed "betrayal" by sleeping with Jake. So I wish she would just shut him up already.

I was rolling my eyes SO hard at one of Kate's lines today:

(if Chad found out about Kate & Jake):  "He would feel it's the ultimate betrayal".  Really Kate?  THE ultimate betrayal?  Chad thinking his WIFE having an affair wouldn't qualify for Ultimate Betrayal status, but you, his one-time stepmom would?!  Um, OK.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

It’s not uncommon for people to side with their abusers. Unfortunately Ben and Clyde don’t play their scenes that way.  Orpheus and his son kind of did that better.  

enjoying Claire and allies friendship.  
hoping Steve and John prove Tripp innocent before this goes to court.  It won’t be fun seeing Allie raked over the coals not remembering things.  Allie seems very fragile right now. Wondering if this was always her personality?

all Gwen had to say about the bracelet was Jake took it back to give it to the person he bought it for then let Chad think what he wants. 
wow is Chad an idiot. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

hoping Steve and John prove Tripp innocent before this goes to court.  It won’t be fun seeing Allie raked over the coals not remembering things.  Allie seems very fragile right now. Wondering if this was always her personality?

all Gwen had to say about the bracelet was Jake took it back to give it to the person he bought it for then let Chad think what he wants. 
wow is Chad an idiot. 

See,  I would feel badly for Allie if we saw her even showing a hint of concern or worry that she might be wrong about accusing Tripp--even though she was black out drunk, she is completely and unblinkingly sure that Tripp raped her.  I think she deserves some of what she dished out to Tripp to comeback to her.

And there is a reason I always hated Othello and thought Iago was awesome--Chad is too stupid to live for immediately jumping to the conclusion that Abby and Jake are having an affair and Gwen is too awesome for words for how easily she is pwning these fools.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Philip seemed human with Chloe. 

Speaking of Chloe, I'm shocked no one has mentioned her lips since she returned to the show.  Am I the only one that can see the growth? Her lips look huge compared to before. I always wonder why such pretty women do these type of things to themselves.  In my opinion Chloe is one of the prettiest women in DAYS history.  She did not need to alter her lips.   

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Chad, you are a bit stupid for a DiMera. Can't you put a few brain cells together and figure out that your naughty nanny is up to no good?

Christmas sure came down quickly - no signs of any decorations in the mansions. The bar and lights came up nicely at the DiMera study.

Gwen's dress looked a little tight or was a weird fabric and cut. She is booking a romantic room for her and Chad. Poor thing having to give the bracelet back.

I liked Kate's trousers. Would have preferred a different blouse.

Abigal put together two brain cells to figure out that Kate and Jake are seeing each other?

Jennifer, I'd rather go to the party than spend an evening with Doug and Julie.

Jack, you are better off having a beer with Xander than spending the evening at the mansion.

Sarah, you need to be careful. Not that hard for Philip to notice that someone accessed the file.

No one can spend new year's eve alone watching TV? Chloe and Brady have to go to the mansion? There were actual printed invitations and not emails or texts?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Christmas sure came down quickly - no signs of any decorations in the mansions. The bar and lights came up nicely at the DiMera study.

 

Although it does like the Dimera study, that it actually the Bistro where the party will be held. This is the same place that Jennifer was pushed over and went into that coma last year.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And there is a reason I always hated Othello and thought Iago was awesome--Chad is too stupid to live for immediately jumping to the conclusion that Abby and Jake are having an affair and Gwen is too awesome for words for how easily she is pwning these fools.

I'm of the opposite opinion on both points. In the versions of Othello I've seen, I've never had much use for Iago. His motivation is pathetic and to do that to someone who considers you a friend and hasn't really done anything to you is gross.

I liked Gwen when she first debuted, but I've soured on her lately because she's pretty pathetic. Her behavior with Jake was embarrassing - constantly throwing herself at him, reading him the riot act, and then willing to take him back even after he dumped her for Gabi. With this current plot, it would be one thing if I thought her motivation would end up making sense, but I doubt it. And, if she were a skillful liar who was outmaneuvering people with smarts, I might be impressed, but so many characters are being written as dumber than a box of rocks just for all of her schemes to succeed and she's only succeeding on blind luck (and bad writing.) If any two people just had a simple conversation, she'd be out on her ass and she seems too smug to even realize that.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/27/2020 at 6:45 PM, bunnyblue said:

My theory is that Philip & Sarah will have sex, she will end up pregnant, and they will think the baby is Philip's but it will turn out to be Xander's. 

Philip does have that sterility issue that comes and goes.  Just like his often forgotten "bad" leg, his third one works and doesn't work when the plot suits. 

On 12/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, Frozendiva said:

Claire, you and Charlie haven't really known each other for a long time. His giving you expensive concert tickets was a lot. What if you're not dating him by February? Do you give them back? Someone I've gone out with a couple of times should not be spending that kind of cash on me for the first Christmas. Maybe a $25 gift card or taking me out for a latte or something. And instead of buying him a shirt when you don't even know his size, it's a bit much. Yeah, it was an excuse to take his shirt off.  Again, a gift card to use to download his favourite CD, or a month's streaming of whatever service.  Something for his desk at work, like maybe a calendar. It's also very inappropriate to show up at Charlie's home. I'd be horrified if any of my coworkers just showed up out of nowhere. 

That whole scene with Charlie and Claire was just bizarre and I don't mean because he had his mother tied up in the bedroom.  I think the previous Claire might have pulled it off cause she did crazy well, but NuClaire just comes off dumb as rocks much like her cuz Allie.  First she stands in the hallway talking loudly at the apartment door and not taking the hint.  Great way to announce your business to all of his neighbors. He says he just has a cold that he doesn't want her to catch but she insists on making sure he's still breathing and living in the flesh. Since Covid doesn't exist in Salem, it made no sense for her to be so concerned about him simply coming down with a cold during cold and flu season.  And then once she got inside she proceeded to treat the night like a date, prattling on and suggesting some hanky panky in the bedroom rather than making him soup like a normal person who won't leave you the hell alone when you feel like crap. I can only ascertain that the scene was meant to drive home the point that clearly Charlie's elevator doesn't reach the top because a sane dude would run for the hills after all the red flags Claire shot up, bound and gagged mafia mom hidden in the other room or not. 

23 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I have the opposite issue in that it drives me to distraction all the kissing and hugging on this show. The only time it didn't unnerve me was with Julie and Doug and that's because I know they're married in real life. I know there are scenes where it would be awkward for characters to not show some sort of physical affection, but it still makes me cringe.

Same here. I can't help thinking they are spreading Covid cooties every time there's an unnecessary kiss. Now would be a good time to embrace slow burn romances. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Charlie should have said that he has been battling food poisoning or a norovirus. That will keep folks away. Claire can leave Ginger Ale and crackers at the door.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Charlie should have said that he has been battling food poisoning or a norovirus. That will keep folks away. Claire can leave Ginger Ale and crackers at the door.

Yes, this! If holding your gut and running for the bathroom doesn't get your new girlfriend to back off, it's a good sign she's a stage 5 clinger. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Great way to announce your business to all of his neighbors.

Charlie explained to Ava that her screaming wouldn't matter because he didn't have neighbors who could hear her.

 

In Chad's defense, he has both Gwen and Kate lying to him, so he isn't completely wrong that something is going on around him, it's just that he's wrong about who is involved.  It still sucks that he has to be a moron for Gwen's schemes to work but I appreciate that someone on the writing team has made it a little more complicated than Chad being too stupid to live.  

I'm still curious as to why Gwen hates Abigal but the longer they drag this on the more I doubt the actress will be able to deliver the BIG MONOLOGUE about why she hates Abigail to any kind of satisfying degree.

Lauren Koslow knows how to "sell" her lines but I agree that it's utterly stupid that Kate is so worried about what Chad thinks of her that she'd be willing to behave like a guilty teenager in regards to her relationship with Jake.  Kate is not a coward, and she really has no reason to be subservient to the whims of Chad's approval.  

Cady McClain and Marci Miller had a nice mother/daughter dynamic in those scenes.   

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm still curious as to why Gwen hates Abigal but the longer they drag this on the more I doubt the actress will be able to deliver the BIG MONOLOGUE about why she hates Abigail to any kind of satisfying degree

THIS. This is how I feel about 99% of the plots too. Felt that way about the car crash and the time jump...Kristen as Nicole...the Gabby/Gabi/Abi mess...

Ron wants to repeat (I think) the drama and payoff of Eileen Davidson's Kristen being called out by Marlena for a week, back in...1997 was it? He vastly underestimates his ability to write such compelling and fun stories however, and often leaves the poor actor stuck with trying to sell the Big! Reveal! scene...even if they can't.

I felt embarrassed for Stacy H when the mask came off...embarrassed for Marci M when the wig came off and Gabby The Alter had to disappear while vowing to love Stefan...etc...

I applaud that Ron tries to make the show exciting, but looking back on his Big stories, there have been more duds that dazzlers, you know?

After what feels like 7 months of "who the hell IS Gwen and why is she eating up screentime (and her nails)?" there's no reveal cool enough to make this buildup seem necessary. We might have even enjoyed her story MORE all this time if we knew something concrete about her.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size