Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Brandon did really well in the scenes with Lauren.

Agreed.  I was impressed by his expression of emotion.  It was about more than a break up but that the woman who he cared about was ashamed of him.  The Show hasn't spent a lot of time on Jake trying to fit in to the DiMera mold of a certain kind of man but enough for him to have to confront the realization that, perhaps, Kate didn't think he "measured up".  

The human mind is a curious machine.  I liked that Chad was willing to question the validity of Abigail's mental illness, because that is something a person would actually do when they feel like they've been wronged by a person they love.  Impressed that Billy Flynn didn't barely-act his way through those scenes.  He actually maintained a sense of realism.  

14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gwen is just lucky. She isn't some kind of super genius villain or super skilled schemer.

I agree but I think she imagines herself as a Super Villain, as demonstrated by her conversations with the Stefano Portrait.  As I've said before, though, I like that she's not the usual villain the Show uses to beguile us with plot points.  

That was the first time I've enjoyed Anna in quite awhile.  It was nice because I loved her back when she was doing EJ's bidding.  

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Agreed.  I was impressed by his expression of emotion.  It was about more than a break up but that the woman who he cared about was ashamed of him.

Yes! I didn't think he was being overly dramatic or silly. I think we've seen enough with Jake that he tends to have a chip on his shoulder about people looking down on him because he's "just" a mechanic. If it's someone like Chad he barely cares about it annoys him, but doesn't upset him like what happened today because he's starting to really care about her and her opinion of him matters.

13 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I liked that Chad was willing to question the validity of Abigail's mental illness, because that is something a person would actually do when they feel like they've been wronged by a person they love.

I don't know if that's something a normal person would do. Question, like he did, whether she was using the illness as an excuse - maybe -  but to actually question if she was faking it seems a step too far. 

• Love 3

Chad was vile today, there's no going back from all that. I actually hope Gwen recorded it and plays it all for Abby. He would deserve it and he can have Gwen, since he trusts in her so much. Or Gabi when she returned who tried to have his child be raised by Stefan.

• Love 7

Wow! Chad was vile today but Billy Flynn was amazing.  I am not an Abigail fan but man to have a husband that resents you like this has got to hurt.. Chad made me feel bad for Abigail, if it was Kate in the role I would  not give a damn..

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Anna rocks.  
Phillip is pretty stupid talking about laundering money where anyone can hear him.   Chloe looked attracted to him while sitting with Brady.  Speaking of Brady has he mentioned Rachel?   It’s kind of funny so many comment on Gabi never spending time with her daughter but dads are never called out on same behavior.  
Chads pent up anger was a lot but wish he didn’t sleep with Gwen. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I don't know if that's something a normal person would do. Question, like he did, whether she was using the illness as an excuse - maybe -  but to actually question if she was faking it seems a step too far. 

I've felt like Chad has, for years now, had to play along with Abigail's various breakdowns and affairs and still managed to stay in her corner. I'm surprised its taken this long for him to snap and express his frustration. Obviously, Gwen the unimportant nanny isn't the character I feel he should have confided this in...Kate or Will or Sonny or Tony or maybe Harold?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

My gawd, why does the Grant twins sound like an air pump?!?!  Is that the reason they stayed in the hospital a week because the twins have severe sinus problems? Or does University Hospital still have a 1970's maternity plan?  Also if little Julia grows up to admire her namesake she is sooo screwed. 

Jennifer whispering to Kate, "I won't tell anyone about your relationship with Jake." Forgets to add, "But my daughter will tell everyone."

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Speaking of Brady has he mentioned Rachel?   It’s kind of funny so many comment on Gabi never spending time with her daughter but dads are never called out on same behavior.  

I've noticed too. In fact, sometimes I think Brady is most pissed about Kristin's imprisonment because it means he's stuck taking care of their daughter. He sure seems happy to pawn her off on any willing babysitter. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Jennifer whispering to Kate, "I won't tell anyone about your relationship with Jake." Forgets to add, "But my daughter will tell everyone."

I think I missed a day (or maybe two).  When did Jennifer find out?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She and Abby went to the hotel thinking that Kate was with Jack, but they deduced that it was Jake, not Jack.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Useful 1

Yeah, I really think this nonsense relationship with Jake and Kate was written when Camilla left the show and Ron just used what he planned originally with Gabi. Gabi and Jake would have been sneaking around and having sex, not wanting anyone especially Chad to find out because they are all fighting for Dimera Ent. Gwen is pissed and used their sexcapades to fuel Chad's doubts about Abby. Gabi has no reason to tell Chad that she is sleeping with Jake and Chad would not confide in her that he thinks Abby is cheating on him.

Now imagine that fight that Jake and Kate had insert Gabi in her place. They would have been sleeping with each other since the middle of summer and not just last month. And then everything that Jake accused Kate of her being ashamed of him would actually mean something and then you add the element that he looks like Stefan but he is not Stefan.

God it just so pointless.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, tribeca said:

Speaking of Brady has he mentioned Rachel?   It’s kind of funny so many comment on Gabi never spending time with her daughter but dads are never called out on same behavior.   

Brady doesn't use parenting or needing to be there for his daughter as the excuse/reason why he can't be arrested or go to jail for things. Gabi commits crimes that should have her put in jail and her excuse to get out of it all is always "but i need to be there for Arianna" then when the cops/Abigail/who ever else she committed a crime against lets her go, Arianna is always never around.

This last time she got free from jail using Arianna as the reason, she spent all the time chasing Jake.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

After Jennifer and Lucas questioned Julie's friend--the desk clerk at the Salem Inn--who said Kate checked in with a man whose name started with J but did not look like the picture of Jack that Lucas showed him, Abby put two and two together, figured out it was Kate and Jake, (also confronted Jake who confessed) and told her mom...and Tony and Ana. 

• Love 1

The hospital let Eli and Lani keep the baby in her room overnight?  Is that a thing?

Julie is going to teach the babies everything they need to know?  They're doomed.

It would be nice of Kate and Jennifer became friends.

Big Julie sounds like a mobster's name.

I knew Chad would catch Abigail coming out of Jake's room in her robe.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wonder who Gwen's husband was and how he betrayed her. Hmmm.

Maybe Abifail slept with Gwen's husband during that time that she'd faked her death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The hospital let Eli and Lani keep the baby in her room overnight?  Is that a thing?

Yes. It’s part of hospital’s baby friendly initiative. My kids (2018 & 2020) were only in the nursery for their checkups. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Brady doesn't use parenting or needing to be there for his daughter as the excuse/reason why he can't be arrested or go to jail for things. Gabi commits crimes that should have her put in jail and her excuse to get out of it all is always "but i need to be there for Arianna" then when the cops/Abigail/who ever else she committed a crime against lets her go, Arianna is always never around.

This last time she got free from jail using Arianna as the reason, she spent all the time chasing Jake.

No, Brady just uses Rachel as a reason Kristen shouldn't have to go to jail or be accountable for her many crimes.

I hope to GOD that the Kate/Jake romance is finally over because I cannot take her over the top hysteria at the idea of Chad finding about about them.  She doesn't care if her actual children Phillip or Lucas find out but apparently it's the end of the world if Chad's disappointed in her. 

I know I'm going to enjoy Princess Abs finding out about Gwen and Chad--happy 2021 to us all 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

No, Brady just uses Rachel as a reason Kristen shouldn't have to go to jail or be accountable for her many crimes.

Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office

I know I'm going to enjoy Princess Abs finding out about Gwen and Chad--happy 2021 to us all

I am positively giddy about it!

ETA: Oh, also, what did Lani and Eli name the twins? I take it from the comments one is Julie or Julia.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Awkward Season 9 GIF by The Office

I am positively giddy about it!

ETA: Oh, also, what did Lani and Eli name the twins? I take it from the comments one is Julie or Julia.

Carver Malcolm Grant

Julia Harriet Grant.

Well it sucks for Valerie that she had three grandchildren but none of them get named after her. But Eli names his daughter after a woman he has known only for five years and was one of the reasons why Val could not be with his biological father. Blech.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I assume most hospitals these days keep the baby in room and rarely use the antiquated nursery.  I delivered my oldest in the early 2000s (in a not progressive town at that) and we were in the same room the whole time.  It's much more conducive to bonding, nursing, and safety.  What struck me about Lanni's birth is that she delivered on Christmas but didn't get released till New Years!  Since she had no complications nor did the babies they should have gone home in 24-48 hours, not a week.  Then again since Kayla's a jack of all medical trades maybe it took her that long to write up the discharge paperwork since Sarah has been busy playing amateur sleuth. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Back in the day, new moms would stay for a few days - to rest, to heal, to learn to feed the baby. I would think that twins would weigh less and would need to maybe be in the ICU for a couple of days. But the two happy towels/blankets that Eli and Lani were well-behaved. Hope someone got some furniture for the babies in that studio apartment.

Carver and Julia/Jules?

Wonder who was hanging around the nursery at the end.

Gwen plots quite well, making herself somewhat innocent. She knew exactly what she was doing and got away with it. She seemed pleased with herself.

Jake, when you have a guest in your room, please put on a shirt or robe or something. No one wants to see you half-naked. How convenient that as Abigail was leaving Jake's room that she was still in her robe. Jake, maybe Kate is used to the more executive type. There is nothing wrong with a high-powered woman dating a mechanic.

Maybe Jenn and Kate will develop some sort of friendship.

Anna is right about her Gwen suspicions. Too bad Gwen came home when Jack was going through the Deveraux file.

Overall, a dull Friday show.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Now imagine that fight that Jake and Kate had insert Gabi in her place. They would have been sleeping with each other since the middle of summer and not just last month. And then everything that Jake accused Kate of her being ashamed of him would actually mean something and then you add the element that he looks like Stefan but he is not Stefan.

It wouldn't have meant anything to me since I don't care about Gabi and Jake's relationship. I like Kate and Jake's relationship so far and thought the argument did mean something. 

8 hours ago, Artsda said:

That is a good point. Most soap parents don't spend a ton of time on-screen with their kids (and I doubt most of the audience would want them to) but when you have a character like Gabi using her kid as an excuse for her crimes or as a get-out-of-jail free card (though to be fair she also branches out and uses other people's children as her get-out-of-jail free card) all the time, but never spends time with her on-screen, it does invite questions.

5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I hope to GOD that the Kate/Jake romance is finally over because I cannot take her over the top hysteria at the idea of Chad finding about about them.  She doesn't care if her actual children Phillip or Lucas find out but apparently it's the end of the world if Chad's disappointed in her.

She doesn't care about Phillip or Lucas finding out because neither of them has an irrational hatred toward Jake the way Chad does. Her fear of Chad's reaction is over-the-top, but there is a reason for it.

5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know I'm going to enjoy Princess Abs finding out about Gwen and Chad--happy 2021 to us all 🙂

I'm going to enjoy it, too. I can't wait for her to blast her idiot husband and for Gwen's pathetic planning to start falling apart.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Carver Malcolm Grant

Julia Harriet Grant.

Well it sucks for Valerie that she had three grandchildren but none of them get named after her. But Eli names his daughter after a woman he has known only for five years and was one of the reasons why Val could not be with his biological father. Blech.

Watched today's show and frankly I was surprised that Lani didn't insist both babies be named Kristen.  Will Julie make the babies mini- kaftans to wear and equip each one with fog horns so they sound like her?

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Carver Malcolm Grant

Julia Harriet Grant.

Can someone refresh my memory:  is there any significance to the middle names Malcom and Harriet?

7 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm going to enjoy it, too. I can't wait for her to blast her idiot husband and for Gwen's pathetic planning to start falling apart.

ITA to infinity!!!  
And If Chad harbored such deep resentment/anger towards Abby’s DID and the entire situation with Stefan (WTD storyline due to rape or infidelity - however one viewed the circumstances), then he should have manned up and gotten that all out in the open rather than how he’s been behaving towards her lately. I’ve long rooted for this couple but now I hope they divorce for the second and final time - and it sticks - - - no more remarriage. 
I swear it’s not because I partied too much/hard for NYE, but I legit went through this whole day thinking it’s Saturday until I read posts here about today’s (Friday) episode. 🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

And If Chad harbored such deep resentment/anger towards Abby’s DID and the entire situation with Stefan (WTD storyline due to rape or infidelity - however one viewed the circumstances), then he should have manned up and gotten that all out in the open rather than how he’s been behaving towards her lately. I’ve long rooted for this couple but now I hope they divorce for the second and final time - and it sticks - - - no more remarriage. 

This! Nobody put a gun to Chad's head and forced him to remarry her. He did that of his own free will, knowing full well their history and Abbie's history. If he had issues - which he clearly does - he should have talked to her and they should have gone through couple's counseling. But I guess no one on soaps can do that because either the counselor would be portrayed as the biggest idiot on the planet or soaps would have to write new plotlines because couples would talk to each other and so many of these stupid misunderstandings would get cleared up.

11 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I swear it’s not because I partied too much/hard for NYE, but I legit went through this whole day thinking it’s Saturday until I read posts here about today’s (Friday) episode. 🤣

LOL.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm not saying that Chad really believes that Abigail was faking it, just that he felt wounded by her in that moment and was mentally preparing himself for having sex with Gwen.  Even with Gwen's feigned reservations at play, I think Chad a gut feeling as to what was going to happen in that room with Gwen.  Plus, he's drunk on cheap champagne.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Wonder who was hanging around the nursery at the end.

Yeah, what was that about?  Who would have some kind of ill intent for Eli and Lani's kids?  

10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Also if little Julia grows up to admire her namesake she is sooo screwed. 

The irony being that however annoying Julie may or may not be, she found a loving husband who is absolutely devoted to her.  Most people might think that something like that comes from only being a "good" person but Julie found that by being...herself.   

I had a random thought that Gwen made some kind of deal with Dr Rolf to get pregnant with a DiMera offspring.  Otherwise, she could have just lied about having sex with Chad.  He was drunk enough not to remember.  She doesn't seem to have any romantic feelings for him, and it seems like Ron would want to have some long term consequences after everyone compares notes and realizes Gwen is just a lying liar who lies.  

Jennifer and Kate having an adult-like conversation was fun.  It made me wish that for some reason they had to work together on something but mostly got on each other's nerves the entire time.  I'm desperate to have Cady McClain in some kind of adversarial relationship with a strong female character, reliving those fights Rosanna had with Carly on ATWT.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I didn't think there was going to be a show today. It's usually Rose Parade and football games day.

Same.  It wasn't in its normal slot so I thought half of the discussion in the thread must be spoiler talk until I stumbled on a recap.

I wonder when it aired for me.  I'll have to watch online which I hate because of commercials.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Same.  It wasn't in its normal slot so I thought half of the discussion in the thread must be spoiler talk until I stumbled on a recap.

I wonder when it aired for me.  I'll have to watch online which I hate because of commercials.

You can watch it on peacock.

7 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

You can watch it on peacock.

I know but there commercials there too sometimes.   And it's harder to FF because it's tough to see where the FF is.

Edited by Irlandesa
On 12/31/2020 at 3:34 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Just Random thoughts today:  Jake's hair seems to get higher & bigger every day, I guess he hasnt had time for a hair cut 🙂  Why is Chad acting SO Stupid?!  Ugh, complaining about his wife being mentally ill & then insinuating that she is faking it, ugh.  Gwennie: you are a bad, bad girl.

That hair is ridiculous. Looks horrible. Not having hair and make up on the set is really showing how much they are needed. Again, Maggie’s Way too large and youthful looking wig, will be  falling down over her eyes soon. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Jake, when you have a guest in your room, please put on a shirt or robe or something. No one wants to see you half-naked. How convenient that as Abigail was leaving Jake's room that she was still in her robe. Jake, maybe Kate is used to the more executive type. There is nothing wrong with a high-powered woman dating a mechanic.

Yes and we don’t want to see his flabby body either. Yuk. Agree, Any woman should be able do you date any man regardless of their professions. 

11 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It wouldn't have meant anything to me since I don't care about Gabi and Jake's relationship. I like Kate and Jake's relationship so far and thought the argument did mean something. 

My issue is that they had no reason to sneak around especially after Chad started making accusations that his wife was sleeping with Jake.  Kate presumably loves Chad like one of her kids (god help him) but she thought to keep quiet because she is delusional enough to think that Chad would feel more hurt/betrayed if she was sleeping with Jake rather than his wife.

If it was Gabi and not Kate, she would have no reason or interest in alleviating Chad's fears. In fact, she would enjoy keeping quiet as she knows it would hurt Chad and Abby

And Jake's and Kate's relationship is nothing. They have been sneaking around for the past month or so. They have not been shown to develop to the point past feelings where Jake is crying because the woman he is sleeping with doesn't seem to want to go public. I also not saying that Jake and Gabi were a big time romance. They would have been a similar place as how Jake and Kate started except there would have been extra months of them bonding/boning that real feelings could have developed at a much longer timeframe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes and we don’t want to see his flabby body either.

Flabby? What I saw on my television didn't approach flabby by any stretch. I wouldn't even say his body looked like the average man, but give me the average man over roided up actors any day.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

And Jake's and Kate's relationship is nothing. They have been sneaking around for the past month or so. They have not been shown to develop to the point past feelings where Jake is crying because the woman he is sleeping with doesn't seem to want to go public. I also not saying that Jake and Gabi were a big time romance. They would have been a similar place as how Jake and Kate started except there would have been extra months of them bonding/boning that real feelings could have developed at a much longer timeframe.

More time together does not necessarily equal more genuine feelings. I've seen enough interaction between Jake and Kate to buy that he has developed feelings for her and vice versa. I wouldn't buy it if they declared their love for each other, but having feelings for each other, definitely. He also wasn't crying simply because Kate didn't want to go public, but because he felt a person he's come to care about was ashamed of him, which seems like a sore subject for him.

• Love 7

Not sure Chad even knew he had those feelings until recently   The only one that really surprised me was saying he thought she faked her mental illness.  Other than that it was just a lot of hurt. The thing is it is kind of true that when you love someone with a mental illness there is all hurt but your emotions don’t count because they are sick.  Then you feel wrong for having feelings.  It’s very complicated. 

Eli and Lani both have soft spots for Julie but it seems Eli did not think about his mom at all.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, worleybird said:

Did Chad and Gwen really have sex? We saw them kissing and then they were naked in the bed. Chad was passed out. Could he have passed out and Gwen let him think they had sex? 

Definitely. They'll probably decide later on how they want that to have actually gone.

I hate when BB has shirtless scenes because imo he looks so uncomfortable doing them. He is obviously sucking in his stomach and it just makes me feel bad for him. It's decidedly not sexy at all lol.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, worleybird said:

Did Chad and Gwen really have sex? We saw them kissing and then they were naked in the bed. Chad was passed out. Could he have passed out and Gwen let him think they had sex? 

He probably did pass out. Ugh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, worleybird said:

This would actually be better tbh because then Abby would get just desserts about what she did to Austin(although I don't expect the show to have Abby ever be that self aware but I digress)...

However I'm not bothered if Chad actually cheated on Abigail its unrealistic for Chad to not have some level of resentment over Abby's marriages to other men in between theirs etc. However he also knew who he was dealing with and chose to marry her and have kids with her multiple times so I have no real sympathy for him or his manpain.

If anything this show has highlighted what a weak pairing Chabby are. They haven't evolved or grown from years ago.. I think after Abby was committed back in 2016 Chabby should've ended right then and there. Chad should've moved onto someone else and so should Abby while being coparents to Thomas who really was the only thing that should bond them at this point. 

Plus Chad works better as a douchey character and not this romantic leading man.. .  Ben is a better romantic leading man than Chad because I believe he adores and worships Ciara and he's a serial killer!

Abby isn't much for stability so her being this wife and mother doesn't really work with her either at least one where we're supposed to to think she's some heroine.

I just don't get how the show thinks the audience will buy Chad/Abby reuniting after he said he thinks her mental illness is fake. Then again the show expects fans to think Ben being a SK is no big deal either so..

However this show will not have the guts to break up Chad/Abby long term... so this whole thing is pointless.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/1/2021 at 10:08 PM, Frozendiva said:

How convenient that as Abigail was leaving Jake's room that she was still in her robe.

The timing of this episode was all kinds of wonky.  So Chad had time to wake up, have a conversation with Gwen, get dressed, and drive home while apparently Abigail spent the exact same amount of time in Jake's room having a conversation.  So she was in there what, an hour?  And apparently Gwen, who left the hotel after Chad made it back to the mansion at the same time Chad did.

And why, if Abby and Jake were simply having an innocent conversation, did they feel the need to close the door?  Wouldn't you normally have left it open?

Gwen left her "secret" file sitting out on her nightstand?  Man, she is really a good schemer isn't she?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The timing of this episode was all kinds of wonky.  So Chad had time to wake up, have a conversation with Gwen, get dressed, and drive home while apparently Abigail spent the exact same amount of time in Jake's room having a conversation.  So she was in there what, an hour?  And apparently Gwen, who left the hotel after Chad made it back to the mansion at the same time Chad did.

And why, if Abby and Jake were simply having an innocent conversation, did they feel the need to close the door?  Wouldn't you normally have left it open?

Gwen left her "secret" file sitting out on her nightstand?  Man, she is really a good schemer isn't she?

Anna and Abby were searching in Gwen's room, and Anna found the file between the pages of one of Gwen's magazines.

Later, after telling Jack her suspension, she must have showed the file to Jack of camera.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Abby isn't much for stability so her being this wife and mother doesn't really work with her either at least one where we're supposed to to think she's some heroine.

LOL! Really? Compared to whom? Marlena who's been possessed, kidnapped, brainwashed, and had amnesia too many times to count.

And when Hope wasn't being raped, and having brain chips implanted in her head, she was running around the country with Bo constantly putting her life in danger.

A real epitome of stability.

Compared to what those two gals been through, Abigail would be considered normal. And they're considered heroines.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sidney said:

LOL! Really? Compared to whom? Marlena who's been possessed, kidnapped, brainwashed, and had amnesia too many times to count.

And when Hope wasn't being raped, and having brain chips implanted in her head, she was running around the country with Bo constantly putting her life in danger.

A real epitome of stability.

Compared to what those two gals been through, Abigail would be considered normal. And they're considered heroines.

I guess because Marlena and Hope are inherently decent and had some level of self awareness. Abby doesn't. Neither were mentally ill either or have that used as an excuse for terrible things they do.  I don't even like Marlena and think she's a more believable heroine.

With Abby they just have her do these things and she seems to be excused by others at every turn. Much like Sarah as well. Course back then heroines were written better than they are now.

• Love 3

“Do you have any idea how paranoid that sounds?” says the person who’s been convinced his wife was having an affair for the last month when she wasn’t.

Gwen apparently didn’t do that great of research. She missed the news clipping where Jack raped Kayla. That little piece of scandal is his worst doing and it gets brushed aside too much.

When Charlie said there was nothing Ava could do after she ate a healthy dose of drugged soup, it would have been funny if Ava would have puked on his floor.

• Love 11

Man, you sleep with Chad just once and you catch the smug. Gwen was pretty pleased with herself during her little chat with Jack, wasn't she? This better be leading to something fairly big, or else Gwen just doesn't like Abigail/Devereauxs because Abby once took the last of the nail polish colour she wanted at the salon or something.

I'm hoping Ava was faking it about the drugs kicking in.

Edited by RunningMarket
grammar
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

This better be leading to something fairly big, or else Gwen just doesn't like Abigail/Devereauxs because Abby once took the last of the nail polish colour she wanted at the salon or something.

I want it to be something stupid and trivial so badly lol.

I loved this episode. Just so much stuff I actually find interesting and entertaining and a lot of pretty good acting imo. 

• Love 9