Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I want it to be something stupid and trivial so badly lol.

I loved this episode. Just so much stuff I actually find interesting and entertaining and a lot of pretty good acting imo

I agree, with the exception of Claire/Allie. Again, we're supposed to believe Allie is in her early 20s. The way she and Claire speak it's like two teenagers gossiping about the cute boy in biology. BF stepped it up though today, and I thought MM played it well with a mixture of trying to calm down Chad and getting more and more exasperated and angry (at Gwen) with each passing moment.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

I agree, with the exception of Claire/Allie. Again, we're supposed to believe Allie is in her early 20s. The way she and Claire speak it's like two teenagers gossiping about the cute boy in biology. 

My own teenager said the same thing today when they were own. Thought Allie and Claire talked more like 14 year olds instead of 22 year olds.  I had to agree.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

“Do you have any idea how paranoid that sounds?” says the person who’s been convinced his wife was having an affair for the last month when she wasn’t.

Gwen apparently didn’t do that great of research. She missed the news clipping where Jack raped Kayla. That little piece of scandal is his worst doing and it gets brushed aside too much.

When Charlie said there was nothing Ava could do after she ate a healthy dose of drugged soup, it would have been funny if Ava would have puked on his floor.

I disagree about Jack raping Kayla getting pushed aside its always brought up on this show which is something I appreciate. The worst part is that it seems to be about everyone but Kayla when it is brought up.

• Love 4

Yes, I know it's a soap and we're not supposed to think about practicalities.  But seriously, they've written Ava as being tied to that chair for over a week, wearing the same clothes, with presumably no bathroom breaks.  Does the stench not make Charlie pass out?  How does her hair still look so good? How are her clothes not a wrinkled mess?   Can't we get even a LITTLE reality?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Yes, I know it's a soap and we're not supposed to think about practicalities.  But seriously, they've written Ava as being tied to that chair for over a week, wearing the same clothes, with presumably no bathroom breaks.  Does the stench not make Charlie pass out?  How does her hair still look so good? How are her clothes not a wrinkled mess?   Can't we get even a LITTLE reality?

Shawn was chained in a cage by Jan for months without having to piss or shit or shave. 

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

I know stuff like this bothers a lot of people, but I just don't think about it in storylines like this, especially on a soap. As for the bathroom thing, I'm assuming Charlie unties her and lets her go. Maybe he even brushes her hair. At this point, Charlie's so creepy, I would buy him doing that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I thought all-around this was an awesome episode. The only slightly weak link was Claire and Allie. I'm glad they're developing a female friendship on this show (one that's not as toxic and ridiculous as Lani/Kristen) but I'm not invested in their relationship. It didn't help that today's scenes just felt like they were all set-up so Claire could say some variation about how great Charlie is and then switch to Charlie and we see how not-so-great he really is. Yeah, we get it, show!

Other than that, there were no storylines I hated, some excellent interactions, and acting. I think my definite favorites were Kate/Jennifer and Jack/Gwen. 

Despite the friction recently is was really fun and sweet watching Jennifer tell Kate that she's Kate freakin' Roberts and she shouldn't care what people want to gossip about her. The chemistry between CM and LK was really good.

I liked the scene with Kate and Jake and her finally confessing her insecurities about their age difference, but that kiss drove me up the wall. I've already gone on record about having my issues with the COVID kissing, but then he also squeezed her face with his hand. Even in non-COVID times that would have been a weird kiss. Why grab her like that? What did BB think "in for a penny, in for a pound" already risking COVID with the kissing, might as well get my hands all over her face, too?

To me, I think it's pretty obvious that Gwen is going to be Jack's daughter. I think those scenes today definitely showed they have great chemistry and can have a very interesting dynamic. I think this was the best acting MA has done since he's been back. I believed him when he told her you don't want him for an enemy. I did want to strangle Gwen with how smug she was that she could basically talk her way out of everything Jack was throwing at her.

I almost have to give the show props if she does turn out to be Jack's daughter. A lot of people thought it wasn't possible because they didn't do the typical long-lost kid thing where a long-lost kid appears and instantly is always in that character's face and immediately antagonistic. For me, I always thought she was going to be Jack's because there was enough interaction between them and her wanting to know about Jack and Jennifer's history, and then add it to her behavior around JJ. The problem, IMO, is that now they'll have two very similar stories happening at the same time with Charlie/Ava/Tripp (another story where they tried to be somewhat subtle and only had Charlie in one scene with Tripp) and Gwen/Jack/Abigail where a long-lost kid decides to seek revenge, not on the parent who neglected/abandoned them but on the "favored" sibling who had nothing to do with it.

• Love 7

I would think that Charlie wouldn’t wasn’t any strong odors wafting from his unit, so he would let his mom use the facilities. Otherwise, Ava would stink and her toilet stuff would have to go in to a bucket and Charlie would not want to dump it. The drugs sure hit fast.

Allie and Claire did sound like teens. Charlie slipped with his arrivederci remark. Allie will remember him at some point.

Chad brought back the hotel bill? Who would have access to the number and security code?

Did like Jack trying to figure out Gwen.

Kate and Jennifer had a nice, adult conversation.

Too bad Chad got the news far too late that Kate and Jake are involved.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

When Charlie said there was nothing Ava could do after she ate a healthy dose of drugged soup, it would have been funny if Ava would have puked on his floor.

In her defense, her hands were tied and I'd guess it's difficult to induce the gag reflex without a finger.  

Charlie's plan would have been a little more believable if he'd planned on keeping Ava drugged up in his apartment, rather than sending her to the mental hospital.  What happens when the drugs wear off at the mental hospital and she's able to speak coherently?  I do love the Apple-Doesn't-Fall-Far-From-The-Tree dynamic between them, though.  It's fascinating seeing Ava, the one usually playing the predatory role, being preyed upon by her own child.  And I like that Mike Manning has his own take on a menacing charm about his character.  

Billy Flynn really stepped up as Chad started to realize his entire motivation for getting drunk and sleeping with Gwen was fraudulent.  And while I'm at it, kudos to Marci Miller.  She's so much better at making Abigail a flawed human being than the way Kate Mansi screeched through her scenes.  

So much good stuff today.  My only complaint would be that I thought Matthew Ashford could have played his scenes with Gwen with a little more intensity.  This would have been a good time to show that Jack still has a dark side.  

For as much as I like to snark at Gwen for being a Wannabe-Schemer, she did a great job of putting Chad between a rock and a hard place.  

4 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The chemistry between CM and LK was really good.

Agreed.  I'm still dying for Cady McClain to have an adversarial relationship with someone but they were fun to watch today.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Charlie's plan would have been a little more believable if he'd planned on keeping Ava drugged up in his apartment, rather than sending her to the mental hospital.  What happens when the drugs wear off at the mental hospital and she's able to speak coherently?  I do love the Apple-Doesn't-Fall-Far-From-The-Tree dynamic between them, though.  It's fascinating seeing Ava, the one usually playing the predatory role, being preyed upon by her own child.  And I like that Mike Manning has his own take on a menacing charm about his character.  

I thought about that, too. It's possible Charlie assumes they'll keep her drugged up for a while or he thinks that even if she does become coherent soon what she says won't be taken seriously because she was just in a mental hospital.

I didn't see any of Ava's appearances in the past, but I've heard enough about it that it does feel like this is karma coming back to bite her and she's getting the kid she deserves.

10 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

My only complaint would be that I thought Matthew Ashford could have played his scenes with Gwen with a little more intensity.  This would have been a good time to show that Jack still has a dark side.

I disagree about this. I thought he was just menacing enough. He suspects that Gwen is up to something, but doesn't know if he's right and even if he is, what she's done. It wouldn't have made sense, IMO, to go overly aggressive. He kept his cool, especially after she threw his past in his face, but still put her on notice. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It's possible Charlie assumes they'll keep her drugged up for a while or he thinks that even if she does become coherent soon what she says won't be taken seriously because she was just in a mental hospital.

Good point.  We could assume that Charlie doesn't have extensive knowledge about what would happen in a mental hospital, and maybe his own ignorance will play into his downfall.  I hadn't thought about it from that perspective.  

10 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I disagree about this. I thought he was just menacing enough. He suspects that Gwen is up to something, but doesn't know if he's right and even if he is, what she's done. It wouldn't have made sense, IMO, to go overly aggressive. He kept his cool, especially after she threw his past in his face, but still put her on notice. 

I'm happy to agree to disagree.  I thought it humorous that he made his claim about doing anything for his family but basically let Gwen own him through every step of that conversation.  I guess I could chalk it up to him keeping his friends close and his potential enemies closer, which would actually be a smarter move.  

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'm happy to agree to disagree.  I thought it humorous that he made his claim about doing anything for his family but basically let Gwen own him through every step of that conversation.

Fine with agreeing to disagree, but LOL, just to push back on this a little because I don't think she owned him during the conversation. I think she tried to own him. That's one of the things I found annoying about her in that scene is she smugly tried to make him doubt himself and he faltered at times, but he held firm to the idea that she was up to something. I think that's why she ended up lashing out and threw his past in his face and he didn't let her get away with that, either.

• Love 5

I just watched.  I did love the Jack and Gwen scenes but I don't think she was really giving it her best shot.  She was not convincing which I thought was an interesting way to play that scene. 

She kept trying to be all "aren't I clever?" and throw things at Jack but he was pretty centered on the fact that she was playing games.   She threw his past in his face but it's literally his past right now.  As in, he did the things, he apologized for the things, he and his family moved past the things and now he's back with his wife.

He just doesn't know why yet. And that's really the only edge she has right now. That and the fact that she managed to get Chad in bed with her.  It's significant but until she's ready to play those cards, she's going to be on the defense now that people are questioning her intentions.

I have to admit, watching Chad try to think of any reason what Abigail was saying wasn't true and trying to refind his "legit" excuse for doing what he did was hilarious.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

My own teenager said the same thing today when they were own. Thought Allie and Claire talked more like 14 year olds instead of 22 year olds.  I had to agree.

The two times I’ve seen the actresses I couldn’t believe how they were speaking and acting. They were oooohing and ahhhing over Charlie. Even the way they say his name is like two 12 year old girls. They seem okay on their own but when paired together they are dreadful. I think nuClaire is much older then ORK was and is attempting to portray younger. I’m not sure how old the actress playing Ali is. Today they were acting like 12 year old girls at the local mall. I’m not sure if they are being directed that way or they are doing it more on their own due to COVID. It’s too bad since the actor playing Charlie is doing great at playing Mr. Jekyll and Mr. Hude. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I think this was the best acting MA has done since he's been back.

I completely agree. I think MA is mostly embarrassing tbh but he was really good in those scenes. 

I really hope today's ep is just a continuation of yesterday's because I need more of all of that and none of pretty much any other story going on right now lol.

• Love 3

I thought Marci Miller did a great job today as the angry Abigail confronting Gwen...intense scenes, and Chad just standing there feeling more & more uncomfortable.  So, the "Black Patch" guys found out some interesting info, I'm surprised they both didnt think right away that they know a Charlie who is new in town.  Decent episode today..

• Love 13

I didn't get to see the show yesterday, so I just went back to watch on Peacock.  One thing that I noticed is that when Gwen and Jack were in the living room, there were shadows of leaves on the window, blowing in the wind.  I thought that was a nice touch.

If Gwen is trying to claim that she had those clipping to do research, where did she find copies of newspapers from before she took the job?

Did Claire and Allie not see each other between Christmas and New Year's?

I guess Charlie has been helping Ava with her makeup all of these days she's been tied up.

If Charlie puts Ava in a mental hospital, won't his being her son come out, thus making him a potential Allie rapist?

I loved Jennifer and Kate's conversation, it would be great if they could be friends.

-----

Marlena, you're lying that Allie has never wavered on her story.  She started out by not knowing what happened.

Did Angelo just admit he's gay?

Would SOMEBODY please bring up that Ava killed Roman and Kayla's father?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Chad is SUCH a freaking idiot  (no surprise there)!  If he had just admitted what happened in the Salem Inn between him and Gwen, she wouldn't now have blackmail material on him.

I mean REALLY, what did he think would happen when Abigail was LAYING INTO Gwen about the latter's lies/manipulations?  OF COURSE Abby would fire Gwen and want her out of her house, her family and her life. Chad heard the whole showdown, so he should have known a firing was-a coming!  Now he's boxed himself in and has to find some plausible excuse why Gwen should continue to live in the Dimera house (and maybe continue being a nanny to their kids). Yeah, good luck with that. [And his comment to Gwen that if Abby found out the truth about what really happened at the Salem Inn "would hurt her". Yeah, but more like he was being a self-serving twat wanting to keep his dirty secret out of self preservation, more than not "hurting" Abigail]

Did I miss something, or did Gwen never explain why she lied about Abby booking a room at the Salem Inn?  

• Love 13
18 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I have to wonder if Charlie secretly trained with the Salem PD. They somehow manage to keep people handcuffed to that chair in the interrogation room for days without looking any worse for the wear. Just ask Vivian, Ben, Kristin...

16 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

In her defense, her hands were tied and I'd guess it's difficult to induce the gag reflex without a finger.    

Aw heck, Ava could see through Kayla's solid door; surely she can puke via osmosis. 😁

4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Marlena, you're lying that Allie has never wavered on her story.  She started out by not knowing what happened.

Did Angelo just admit he's gay?

Both of these things struck me too. I'm sure Allie's story has wavered from the beginning when she told it to Nicole, though it might not have as much since Marlena got involved.  Angelo did seem to imply that it was not only preposterous that he was with Allie but that he was with any woman. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

And his comment to Gwen that if Abby found out the truth about what really happened at the Salem Inn "would hurt her". Yeah, but more like he was being a self-serving twat wanting to keep his dirty secret out of self preservation, more than not "hurting" Abigail. 

I'm sure it's a little of both. But to Chad's concern's about his wife's feelings, it hasn't been long since Abigail left the mental facility. She could easily relapse.  

• Love 2

Poor Stefano. How weak your wondrously fertile seed became as time went by. Just look as the most recent examples of your numerous spawn. What pitiful weaklings they are.

Firstly Chad, who instantly becomes a self-pitying wreck because he thinks his wife cheated on him, lets himself be plied with booze and then hops into bed with the nanny to buttress his shattered ego. And then caves in to her blackmailing him from a rather wobbly position of strength. This is supposed to be the strong and talented captain of industry the show wants us to believe he is? Someone who relies on a single source of information to jump to a fateful conclusion regarding Abby? No wonder DiMera Enterprises is in such bad shape; if Gabi Chic is the most profitable division of your multinational, your CEO skills are very wanting

As for Jake, he certainly collapsed fast after Kate dumped him, expressing all sorts of feelings of self-loathing and unworthiness. I know the sex is supposed to be good, but it's only been a few weeks since they started seeing each other. At least he'll stop being a pathetic cream puff now that she has deigned to take him back 

The writers must really hate the DiMera boys to depict them as such wimpy crybabies.

OK Kayla, you are now aware of the theory that an unknown relative of Tripp may exist somewhere and you still do not think it would be a good idea to compare Henry's DNA to Steve's, just to make sure your husband is the baby's grandfather? In the real world such sheer incompetence would have been challenged a long time ago and she would have been demoted or fired, and perhaps lost her license to practice. But considering how the Salem Hospital has over the years tolerated her lax standards of patient confidentiality and her numerous medical or procedural blunders, I guess her position is safe and the writers will continue to portray her as a not very bright all-purpose MD.

I am surprised Marlena has not suggested hypnotising Allie; isn't is usually portrayed on this show as the magical key to revealing repressed truths and dissipating the fog of memory?

Is it really that easy to have someone committed to a psychiatricc institution in the US? Wouldn't there be a diagnostic evaluation as some point? Not that the psychiatric professionals on the show, including Marlena, strike me as the most reliable practitioners of that trade.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I enjoyed the crap out of the Abby/Gwen/Chad scenes, especially Gwen's calm answers in the wake of Abby's rage--there is a part of me that would have loved to see Princess Abs try and take a swing at Gwen. but then again, would the show actually allow anyone to hit Abs back?  Probably not. 

Chad's quietly realizing what a complete moron he's been in listening to Gwen's lies was fabulous--what a tool.

Cousin Angelo was pretty funny as a mafia stereotype--at least he's moving the story of Charlie the rapist along.

• Love 7

Chad, you really were a moron about the the whole Abigail and Jake thing and you fell right in to the nanny's hands. Poor you. You made one whopper of a drunken mistake. And now you will most likely pay dearly. Come clean, admit you were upset and drunk. Nannies aren't as dumb as you think. Good for Abs for firing Gwen.

Marlena, if Allie has been triggered twice by being around Charlie, that should set off a red flag. It is probably nothing and it may just be that she had a run-in with someone like him in her past. Obviously for whatever reason, she is really uncomfortable about him. Some hypnosis or some exercises to help trigger her real memories may work.

Roman, you were a bit out of line yelling at Tripp. Back in the day, you were a cop. Yes, you can be harsh with him and not be pleasant, but things seem to be changing with what happened to your granddaughter. Let this play out.

Steve should have taken a test to see if he is the grandparent of Allie's baby. If not, then the connection is on Ava's side and that would be looked in to. Of course, he has zero idea if Ava had any other kids. Tripp wouldn't know.

The mob guy - Cousin Angelo - was entertaining. His lunch meant more than anything. Why would John call up the prison right in front of him? And they have a lead - a young man who left Philly a few months ago. Can it be Salem Charlie? Claire's new boyfriend?

Kayla would be seen as incompetent or just rushed along a basic test to quickly solve the problem. Tripp matches sort of, but he says he isn't the daddy, and is seen as lying. Wouldn't the test be like Maury or Jerry Springer and say that X is the baby daddy by 97%.

Lucky Claire that her parents are on their honeymoon. She'll have the place all to herself.

• Love 4

Allie said that Charlie triggered her because he reminds her of Tripp.  Charlie is nothing like Trip in look or personality.   That little exchange did get Marlena thinking though.  Now if her and John connect they may put the puzzle together. 
   Abigail has fun to watch.  She was strong defending herself and her family.   Loved they way she kept saying My husband no name just my husband.  Gwen did not flinch.  Chad on the other hand 😂 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I enjoyed the crap out of the Abby/Gwen/Chad scenes, especially Gwen's calm answers in the wake of Abby's rage--there is a part of me that would have loved to see Princess Abs try and take a swing at Gwen. but then again, would the show actually allow anyone to hit Abs back?  Probably not. 

This is the same show that wouldn't allow Sami to smack the crap out of her when she confronted Abby for sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face for months. Even as AS was leaving the show after 2 decades and the defacto female lead, Sami was only allowed to get Abby fired from a job thatAbby never went to and revealing her name as the person who cheated with EJ in that magazine article. Even when Sami did confront Abby, the show made sure that Jennifer was in the same scenes so she could shield Abby from Sami's full wrath.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Fine with agreeing to disagree, but LOL, just to push back on this a little because I don't think she owned him during the conversation. I think she tried to own him. That's one of the things I found annoying about her in that scene is she smugly tried to make him doubt himself and he faltered at times, but he held firm to the idea that she was up to something. I think that's why she ended up lashing out and threw his past in his face and he didn't let her get away with that, either.

I like your interpretation of those scenes better than mine.  I'm still disappointed that Jack didn't show the ferocity for his family that I wanted to see but I'll agree that it was smart of him to deal with Gwen the way he did.  

10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I thought Marci Miller did a great job today as the angry Abigail confronting Gwen...intense scenes

Agreed!  She gave me what I was hoping to see from Jack on yesterday's show.  

Billy Flynn was so fun to watch as Chad was squirming.  I loved that his eyes were tearing up a bit when Abigail turned to see if he'd been taken advantage of, and that she believed his words rather than that look in his eyes. 

Ugh, those scenes with Angelo were painfully cheesy at first.  Thankfully, they became more interesting as details were revealed.  

7 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Aw heck, Ava could see through Kayla's solid door; surely she can puke via osmosis. 

Good point.  Thanks for the laugh!

Marlena has a Magical-Self-Editing tape recorder.  What we heard as the playback at the end of the show wasn't what Allie actually said in her office.  

Okay, another little round of applause for Gwen.  I don't understand why she didn't smack Abigail around with whatever her Axe-To-Grind is at this opportune moment but sleeping with Chad and using it to blackmail him has helped her Level Up as a dastardly villain.  Stefano might actually give her the time of day, after he makes her clean the cobwebs from the Secret Room.  Go Gwen!

• Love 4

I really like Marci Miller. She’s a good actress and didn’t hold back with Gwen & Chad. I did think it was funny to see Billy Flynn squirming in the background. It also looked like he had little makeup on and was white as a ghost when he realized he had been had by Gwen. I’m glad a semi-closing to the storyline happened even though it’s not over. The show is actually exciting to watch. I didn’t ffwd through any scenes. 

• Love 15

While in reality, it's a huge leap of connection logic for John to make, I am genuinely thrilled that this Charlie/Tripp/Ava/Allie mess will finally start to be solved. It's telling how bad the writing is when you're actively rolling your eyes at the rape victim and her smugness each time she encounters who she believes is her attacker. I realize it's PLOT!, but if I were Tripp, if I saw Allie even 100 feet away I'd keep moving in the opposite direction and never, ever engage with her.

• Love 9

Chad’s a fucking dirtbag who’s been acting like an edgy prick since before Steve came back. I hope Abby dumps him. 

Claire and Allie are really hard to watch. Ron does NOT know how to write women. They’re either crazy bitchs or shrews or super babyish twee twits (Claire, Allie, Sarah). He does know that Claire and Allie are like 22 and have had sex with dudes before, went to college, socialized with their peers? But theirs fanning their hands and giggling running to tell each other over a fucking kiss... or blown away a dude would share some french fries 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did people get the ep today? Well, dammit, I was hoping it was just preempted everywhere and they'd air it tomorrow. Hopefully they air it in late night for me.

I didn’t.   I have to watch on my tiny NBC app on my phone tomorrow!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

I have to watch on my tiny NBC app on my phone tomorrow!

I refuse to watch this on the app so if they don't show it in late night then I simply will not watch it lol. I will actually be bummed though because I'm really digging the show right now.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I refuse to watch this on the app so if they don't show it in late night then I simply will not watch it lol. I will actually be bummed though because I'm really digging the show right now.

Yeah Peacock sux 😂 I just finally deleted it a couple days  ago. I used the free version and some of the episodes of Days and Below Deck would have like 12 separate commercial breaks and no FF #bruh 

52 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Did people get the ep today? Well, dammit, I was hoping it was just preempted everywhere and they'd air it tomorrow. Hopefully they air it in late night for me.

Yes. It aired in Canada, at least at noon PT and before. This was before the news in Washington broke.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

No show in Indy today due to "Drama in DC", but I am able to find the episodes on NBC.com, the next day 

21 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Chad's quietly realizing what a complete moron he's been in listening to Gwen's lies was fabulous--what a tool.

Cousin Angelo was pretty funny as a mafia stereotype--at least he's moving the story of Charlie the rapist along.

Carrie hit Abigail in front of Jack/Jennifer but that's about the only time however my sympathy for Carrie was rather nonexistent since she was sniffing around Rafe at the time. 

Austin was the only one I felt bad for sure he's dopey but he's at least inherently decent and gets exploited by terrible women then afterwards the show wants him to be friendly towards them when they showed zero remorse. Course that's how the show views nice guy losers.

2 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

No show in Indy today due to "Drama in DC", but I am able to find the episodes on NBC.com, the next day 

Hey neighbor(also live in Indy) I thought you lived in Ohio(username and all) but I watch Days with Comcast On Demand.

8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Carrie hit Abigail in front of Jack/Jennifer but that's about the only time however my sympathy for Carrie was rather nonexistent since she was sniffing around Rafe at the time. 

Austin was the only one I felt bad for sure he's dopey but he's at least inherently decent and gets exploited by terrible women then afterwards the show wants him to be friendly towards them when they showed zero remorse. Course that's how the show views nice guy losers.

Hey neighbor(also live in Indy) I thought you lived in Ohio(username and all) but I watch Days with Comcast On Demand.

Howdy 🙂  I'm a Buckeye Alumni, thus the name, but living in Indy now...will have to check out On Demand

• Love 1

Here is at least a weecap:

Charlie and Claire are at her parents' apt. talking about having sex and talking about how they might be soulmates and how Charlie knows about dark thoughts, cause he has his own. Claire wants to know more (she is not afraid, just curious).

Meanwhile, John of the Leaky Tearducts has deduced that Claire's Charlie is rapist Charlie and he convinces Steve, as well. John tries to call Claire to warn her, but she is so into Charlie and the soulmate convo, she turns off her phone. John then calls Marlena to fill her in and she says she is on it. Marlena happens to be with Ben who is talking about his feelings. She fills him in and they rush off to find Claire.

There is also Ava hallucinating about Trip coming to save her, and Charlie killing him.

At Nicole's house, she is miserable and Rafe shows up and she bitches about being a newlywed without a husband. But then he gets a call from John about Charlie and Steve gives himCharlie's address so Rafe rushes over there. He breaks in what must be the flimsiest door, and sees a woman bound, gagged and on the floor, and he says: Ma'am, are you okay? I am not making this up.

Hopefully @Frozendiva can add more as this is all I remember.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Charlie also seemed to insinuate that he has never had a girlfriend or any sort of real relationship.  That they have always gone badly.

John and Marlena are frantically calling Claire to warn her about her boyfriend. Claire doesn't answer her phone. Marlena is indeed talking with Ben, who has come to her to complain that grieving is tough. She offers him some advice on getting some grief counselling, but he isn't interested. He then offers to go with her to see what is up with Claire and if she needs help.

Ava's hallucination also involves Steve dragging Tripp's body out to bury him.

Nicole does go on to Rafe about her and Eric spending most of their marriage apart and it's getting to her. He's tried to visit her, she's tried to visit him and it's not working out. Eric is doing some amazing work in the Congo and that's what matters. She had a nice red dress on today.

Tripp ran in to Allie in the park. She overheard some of his conversation about what Uncle Steve and Grandpa John are up to. He doesn't really fill her in other than there is some blood relative that has surfaced. He asks her once again to think about what happened that evening to see if she remembers anything and that if he hears anything about any sort of relative, his lawyer will get in touch with hers.

@bannana, you weren't making it up when Rafe kicked down an apparently flimsy door in what seems to be a warehouse type apartment and finds Ava. After the ma'am, he recognizes her as Ava.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm in Ohio and had to watch it on the NBC app.  20 ads for Ted Danson's new show was so annoying but the show has been good enough, lately, that I sucked it up and dealt. 

Marlena: "Ben, I'm sorry, do we have an appointment today?"                                                                                                                 Ben: "No, but I don't have a storyline right now, so I've come to talk about Ciara."                                                                                   It would have been more shocking if Ben didn't go with Marlena to check on Claire than that he did.  

NiceNicole whining about her relationship is such a buzzkill.  Just "kill" Eric already and let the real Nicole loose.  I'm just embarrassed for her at this point.

Where is ORK when we need her???  Isabel Durant kinda ruined those Charlie/Claire scenes today.  It would have been much more interesting to have ORK's history of Claire's mental illness talking to Charlie about his own dark thoughts.  Isabel Durant's monotone line delivery is giving me fits at times.  

It seems like we were supposed to be rooting for John to get through to Claire but I believe that Charlie really does care about Claire, and I appreciated the messy-ness of what might happen if Claire and Charlie spent any amount of time in Claire's bedroom.  

Ava's hallucination was a fascinating look into her psyche.  Tripp is her hero, then Charlie triumphs, and then Steve saves the day but blames everything on her.  She wasn't imagining a happy ending to all of this, and it reminded me of some of the rotten dreams I wake up from in a state of horror.  

It might be funny if Ava is still hallucinating when Rafe is able to wake her up from her stupor.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I saw bits and pieces of today's show - 

Charlie - I know he's bad but he's a good kind of bad the little I've seen. He at least is an entertaining character.

Allie was, is, and remains such a drudge of a character.  I know I'm supposed to be sympathetic because of the rape but she's too much like Lani for me to even pretend I care.

Did Nicole accidentally get herself a dress made from Alice Horton's old slip covers?  She looked like a sofa.  Plus, she saw more of Eric when he was a celibate priest than she does now.  Maybe he'd return if she had herself re-upholstered?

Grampa John and Patches threatening the aging mobster was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, boes said:

Grampa John and Patches threatening the aging mobster was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

At least they were close to being in the same age bracket.  And the fact that there was no attempted fist fight was an extra plus for me.   The only "physical" activity John had to do today was leap to conclusions.

While I'm glad that it appears that this whole storyline will FINALLY be resolved (and, of course, we know Charlie is guilty) under normal circumstances, no credible person would take his logic seriously.  "Tripp has a half-brother named Charlie."  "Hey!  I know a guy named Charlie!  Of course, he's the same one!  And, OF COURSE, he's the REAL rapist!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So, Nicole rolls her eyes in annoyance when Rafe talked about having difficulty reconciling the good guy he's known Tripp to be vs. Allie's suspected rapist but then she gets hostile when he isn't working overtime to find Ava, mafia princess.  WTF?!

Claire and Charlie are cringeworthy with their "flirty" banter about having sex--truly sad.

I like Tripp so he deserves better then constantly having to deal with Allie--she had such an attitude with him and she stands there and demands answers from him yet she refuses to listen or admit that she isn't an sure about the details of her rape as she claims.  She is completely unrootable..

• Love 15

Today's episode was so bizarre especially the Claire/Charlie moments.  Why is the show insisting that Claire's never been loved before or had a good relationship?  Both Theo and Tripp were good guys who obviously cared for her.  Ben's busting into Claire's bedroom was damn funny, especially Charlie's looking like he was about to wet himself.

I may not like Ava but TB is doing a great job showing her terror at the Charlie/Tripp hallucinations.

I don't know who I feel more sorry for:  Eli's having to deal with a humorless and shrieking Lani or those poor babies having that shrew for a mother.  And how sad that Lani claims Gabi is the worst thing to happen to them and not the death of her first child.

• Love 13
On 1/5/2021 at 11:24 PM, nilyank said:

This is the same show that wouldn't allow Sami to smack the crap out of her when she confronted Abby for sleeping with EJ and lying to Sami's face for months. Even as AS was leaving the show after 2 decades and the defacto female lead, Sami was only allowed to get Abby fired from a job thatAbby never went to and revealing her name as the person who cheated with EJ in that magazine article. Even when Sami did confront Abby, the show made sure that Jennifer was in the same scenes so she could shield Abby from Sami's full wrath.

Don't forget the whole town chastising Sami for being angry at being betrayed by Abigail.  I love Kayla but she was was so wrong in how she treated Sami and don't get me started on Will. 

• Love 8

I knew Valerie was going to be upset with the baby's name.

I actually love how Ben calls Charlie "Chuck".

Does Claire have a job?  How does she pay for that house?

All of this crap about not telling Claire anything is ridiculous.

Shut up, Lani!

Wasn't Julia Grant Ulysses S. Grant's wife?

• Love 4