Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

If her primary goal was to make Abigail the bad guy in revealing the Jack/Kate affair, why would she care so much about planting more doubts in Jennifer's head? Just because she knows Abigail wants her parents back together?

I was questioning that, too. But then I assumed that yea she just wants Abigail to have to deal with her parents not being together/being at odds.

A part of me really wants the reason Gwen hates Abigail so much that she wants to ruin her life to be something really stupid like she cut in front of her in line lol.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Gwen's manipulating both Jennifer and Abigail is impressive. That nerf bat got quite the workout.

The show seems really decked out for Christmas. I don't think it's had this many decorations in years.

It was interesting that Nicole hates Tripp for what he allegedly did to Allie, but could still talk kindly about his mother. He does not know his mother and has to rely on what folks say about her.

I was expecting a catfight between Kayla and Ava. Nice of Rafe to show up to arrest her, not knowing that there is some sort of deal going on to get Joey out of jail. I just would have called the police to have Ava arrested the minute she showed up and not invited her to spend the night in the guest room, have a shower, and eat.

Rafe should explain to Allie that another country is not going to go after Tripp because she wants it to. The UK has enough to deal with than two tourists, one who has fuzzy memories because she was intoxicated.

Chad, you are behaving poorly to your wife. So what if Stefan has a twin brother - Jake is not Stefan, you have zero reason to think that your wife is having an affair. Stop being a jerk.

• Love 6

I can't tell if Chad is supposed to be coming off dumb as rocks in this storyline or it's just the bad writing. I mean, I get that he seems to lose his wife a lot lately, but if he isn't noticing her go missing from their bed at 3am then it can't be her spending the night with Jake. Marital mystery solved. Ah well, maybe the next time Chad Zoom chats w/Anna she can show Chad that little tracker app she has on Tony. 

• Love 4

Nice save, Gwen. She was lucky Jennifer did not hear what she was saying as she bashed the poinsettias so she was able to explain her anger towards Abby & Jack as PTSD from Jake cheating on her. She's a good little liar and I'm really enjoying her scheming, her phony concern for Abigail, and her subsequent meltdowns when things don't go the way she plans.

This was the first time since Chad came back to town that I've seen him express an emotion other than anger, confusion, or disdain. BF finally sold me that Chad loves Abigail and his tears and regret at how he messed up seemed genuine. I was also pleasantly surprised that he flat out accused Abigail about having an "affair" with Jake so soon. I expected the show would drag it out until his suspicions drove him into Gwen's bed or Abby into Jake's bed. BF and MM work a lot better together than BF and KM.

I'm kinda liking Ava. I was never a fan of Tamara Braun as Carly on GH and thought I'd dislike her on Days, but so far I like that Ava owns her crazy and isn't sanctimonious like Carly. I'll always be on Kayla's side but Ava needling her is funny. For now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

A part of me really wants the reason Gwen hates Abigail so much that she wants to ruin her life to be something really stupid like she cut in front of her in line lol.

Can you imagine her big monologue scene when she has to explain why she hates Abigail so much, and it's some totally benign, bullshirt reason?    "That was MY glass of champagne, and you took it, so I vowed revenge against you!"

Tamara Braun got to be the comedy relief today.  I loved her line about coming back from the dead being harder in real life than it is on a soap opera, and her snarkiness towards Kayla.  And that's coming from a person who understands Kayla's utter frustration that Ava is alive.  

• Love 9

There are rare moments when I wish Kate Mansi was still playing Abigail and yesterday's "you slept with my brothers!" smackdown was one of them. Marci plays "hurt" too well. Kate is the more heartless Abigail IMO and since that actor was the one we saw doing the deed over and over, I always want her to get the smackdown. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

There are rare moments when I wish Kate Mansi was still playing Abigail and yesterday's "you slept with my brothers!" smackdown was one of them. Marci plays "hurt" too well. Kate is the more heartless Abigail IMO and since that actor was the one we saw doing the deed over and over, I always want her to get the smackdown. 

I agree.  Overall, Marci's Abifail is a more likable character (faint praise); and it makes me uncomfortable because I sometimes find myself sympathizing with Marci's Abifail when I never have for Kate's.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ha! That would be enough for me 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I agree.  Overall, Marci's Abifail is a more likable character (faint praise); and it makes me uncomfortable because I sometimes find myself sympathizing with Marci's Abifail when I never have for Kate's.

Glad I'm not alone.

Why does Tripp look so much happier to hug 'Mom' than Steve does to free his possibly emotionally scarred son?

I love Judi Evans, I love her look today and I think Bonnie is more fun than Adrienne...but I cannot wrap my head around Bonnie chilling with Jennifer or dating Justin or being tolerated by anyone in any way.

I am totally rooting for her and Mister Tall, however LOL.

The Poinsettia Assault was a new low for this show. I felt so badly for the actors. A plastic bat? Smacking around flowers? Screaming at nothing? Childish. I walked away when I saw that. Been happening a lot lately.

Gwen is a bit more fun now, but her schemes are easily unraveled once people compare notes.

Can we all stop talking about Kate and Jack? Nobody cares. Tempest in a teapot.

Is anyone else lost as to how Stefano being found in Prague got Hope off of murder charges, jailbreak charges and obstruction of justice charges instantly...but Ava resurfacing doesn't erase Joey's record completely? Don't get me wrong, this is *slightly* more realistic but yeesh...no consistency.

I love seeing the Horton House again. So glad they repainted it grey a few years back. Its much nicer than the green it used to be.

I guess I'll assume Ava now lives in Nicole's building? They have the same kitchen. I'd prefer the show just address that, as they did when Victor and Maggie and then Brady and Theresa also moved into Jarlena's complex. Or did I imagine they addressed it..?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Wasn't Ava living in a hotel?

Jeebus, Jennifer, give it up.

Isn't it a conflict of interest for Justin to be representing both Joey and Tripp?

Justin could have called Bonnie.  There was no reason not to. Poor Bonnie. Justin has no right to be upset.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Except  Stefan wasn't someone she chose to sleep with(Marci was Abby at that point). If he wanted to drag her for EJ that's fine but that should be the extent of it. Chad being angry with her over her own rape doesn't reflect well on him.. then again this show has this Allie/Tripp story going on at this point they are just trolling viewers to see how offensive they can truly be.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Gwen is a bit more fun now, but her schemes are easily unraveled once people compare notes.

This is driving me crazy about this story! There were a couple of times at first that Gwen would tell someone 'please don't tell them I said that' and come up with some lame excuse of why (which should have had warning bells ringing) but now she's not even bothering. She's openly telling Jack and Jennifer completely opposing things and I guess is so smug that they won't ever compare the things she's told them. It also doesn't make Jennifer look good that she's so easily falling for the crap Gwen pulled - that "oops, I blurted something out please don't make me say more" crap. I guess we're supposed to excuse it because she's in such turmoil because of what's going on with Jack and because of what she overheard from Kate earlier. Still, she should be able to see through stuff like that.

• Love 5

Good Characters are dumbed down so the villains can be competent and smart in comparison. Except the writers don't realize how uninteresting that all is. Having a tit for tat/ push pull between good and bad is what makes rivalries compelling...

Days used to be able to do this but now.. yeah.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Good Characters are dumbed down so the villains can be competent and smart in comparison. Except the writers don't realize how uninteresting that all is. Having a tit for tat/ push pull between good and bad is what makes rivalries compelling...

Days used to be able to do this but now.. yeah.

Exactly! Roman and Rojohn were not dumbed down to make Stefano compelling..  Also, Stefano paid for his evil schemes, he brought Andre into town to destroy Roman and Tony to a certain extent. He had no idea that the evil he unleashed was going to destroy his beloved daughter Renee..

The villains used to pay for their misdeeds now they get everything and anything. Kristen got a daughter after all the crap she has pulled with people's children and Sara who has never done anything bad to anybody had her baby die..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

Tripp would be better off living in a student residence. He does not know his biological mother and should not be staying with her right now. Move in a few months from now, when both of you have had a chance to get to know each other and see who both really are. Danger Tripp Dalton! As a medical student, he should have some idea about more complex DNA tests. How does he know that he is an only child? Given the number of Salemites who have long lost children pop up out of nowhere, he should consider that. I do understand Kayla wanting him to have his own space. She has enough on her plate.

I liked Trask's disbelief that another dead one has popped up. 

Hi Joey! Long time no see.

Justin, you could have found a minute to text Bonnie to tell her you were going to be a little late. No excuse. I do admit that Bonnie looked really good today. Liked her outfit.

Gwen, you do realize that people do talk to each other and can very easily compare stories that you told them.

Jennifer, you are protesting a little too much. Jack makes one mistake and you are going to punish him and not trust him for the rest of his life? He has been beyond faithful to you. It is not him to cheat. Instead of wailing to anyone who will listen and feel sorry for you and validate you, maybe find a therapist to talk things out and work on plans to move forward together. Your husband had a human moment and he is not some cheater. You should not be eavesdropping on Kate's calls - she could be meeting anyone, and that includes Jack. Big deal. Kate was right to warn Jack about Gwen. All she had to say is that she has a bad vibe about her and there is something about her that is not right.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I was thinking the same thing today--if these husbands and wives would just talk to each other in private they'd quickly figure out how badly they are being played.  Gwen is using middle school tactics on grown adults and coming out on top.

4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Justin could have called Bonnie.  There was no reason not to. Poor Bonnie. Justin has no right to be upset.

Agree. I felt like I needed a score card today to keep up with all the immature mistakes people made. Justin has been around the block enough times to know basic etiquette of calling your date if you're going to be late.  And then Steve and Kayla picked the worst time to hold a dicey conversation of kicking Tripp out right in front of their arch nemesis, Ava.  In general, I loathe Ave and have been a Steve/Kayla fan since the 80s but they walked right into that one today so when Ava turns Tripp against them, I'm going to have limited sympathy. 

3 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Kayla: I need a lawyer, and you're the best!

*somewhere in Salem* Belle: HEY! I mean, have you SEEN the guy's record?!

That was hilarious, especially considering that Justin got beat in court by Sami who ad libbed her legal arguments and court procedures.  When you lose against a non-attorney whose legal strategy is, "But wait, there's more!" it's probably time to start discounting your billable hours. Poor Joey is so screwed. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

You should not be eavesdropping on Kate's calls - she could be meeting anyone, and that includes Jack. Big deal.

I actually loved it when Kate told Jennifer it was none of her business who she was talking to.  It always amazes me that people are constantly asking questions they have no right to ask, and the person either simply answers (i.e. confesses) or comes up with an obvious lie.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

I was thinking the same thing today--if these husbands and wives would just talk to each other in private they'd quickly figure out how badly they are being played.  Gwen is using middle school tactics on grown adults and coming out on top.

Agree. I felt like I needed a score card today to keep up with all the immature mistakes people made. Justin has been around the block enough times to know basic etiquette of calling your date if you're going to be late.  And then Steve and Kayla picked the worst time to hold a dicey conversation of kicking Tripp out right in front of their arch nemesis, Ava.  In general, I loathe Ave and have been a Steve/Kayla fan since the 80s but they walked right into that one today so when Ava turns Tripp against them, I'm going to have limited sympathy. 

That was hilarious, especially considering that Justin got beat in court by Sami who ad libbed her legal arguments and court procedures.  When you lose against a non-attorney whose legal strategy is, "But wait, there's more!" it's probably time to start discounting your billable hours. Poor Joey is so screwed. 

I'm hoping soon all this cross talk is discovered and bites Gwen in the ass otherwise, yeah, everyone around is just too moronic to live.

Justin was wrong for not calling but Bonnie was insufferable. What he did was bad but it wasn't beyond the pale, you know, like having someone's wife forcibly take your place in prison. She could have at least given him a chance to explain.

Yeah, Steve and Kayla were idiots. There was no reason to broach that subject right then. And as much hemming and hawing as Steve did about it, he was pretty insensitive about it. Kayla says that when they discussed Tripp moving out they didn't realize Ava was alive. Well, when they decided to have the conversation they did realize Ava was standing right there. They can't kick Tripp out and then try to police where he's going to live next.

Yeah, every time someone refers to Justin as the best lawyer I let out the most epic eye roll. It's to be an inside joke at this point.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Your *But wait! There's more!!* just killed me 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 4

It's great that Judi Evans has triumphed all that was thrown her way, and she really does look good....but I'm mostly annoyed by Bonnie's presence here, and I usually enjoy some of her antics.  

As a reporter, Jennifer should be somewhat suspicious of Gwen but, unfortunately, she's human and has to deal with all of the emotions that come with recently finding out that your husband cheated on you.  Jumping to conclusions when you hear Kate on the phone and buying into all of Gwen's nonsense makes sense to me.  I'm cutting Jennifer some slack for the time being.  

I'm enjoying all of the interpersonal complications that are coming out of the Tripp/Ava/Steve/Kayla scenes.  Tripp's discomforted facial expression when Ava said all they needed was for Steve to be there was perfect.

Crossing my fingers and toes that Kate figures out Gwen's E-VOL plot and gets to do something very Kate-centric with it.  At least they're making Kate and Jake smart enough to know that Gwen is up to no good.  With all of Gwen's blathering about how much she adores those children, I can see why the rest of them are falling for her shtick.  

Oh, Joey.  That actor wasn't one of my favorites the first time around.  Hopefully, he's improved.  I didn't care for Lucas Adams during his previous stint but I feel like he's really charming me this time around.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 5

I wish they’d just bring Adrienne back since Judi Evans is right there. I guess the Bonnie character is more fun for RC to write for but they’ve brought everyone else back from the dead so why not Adrienne?

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yeah, Steve and Kayla were idiots. There was no reason to broach that subject right then. And as much hemming and hawing as Steve did about it, he was pretty insensitive about it. Kayla says that when they discussed Tripp moving out they didn't realize Ava was alive. Well, when they decided to have the conversation they did realize Ava was standing right there. They can't kick Tripp out and then try to police where he's going to live next.

Yes.  Steve telling an adult he isn't comfortable with where he's going to be living after he just kicked him out makes absolutely no sense.  Especially since I'm guessing they have one of those magic apartments that simply grow bedrooms as needed.  What exactly did Kayla think was going to happen after Ava went on and on about how she was going to do anything for her son?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Well, looks like Ava has her hooks in Tripp now. I thought it was funny when Steve & Kayla backtracked on kicking Tripp out as soon as Ava invited him to live with her. It doesn't matter if you're comfortable with it or not, Steve; Tripp is a grown man who can live wherever he wants. But he was right when he said Tripp is in a vulnerable state right now and living with Ava could be bad for him. I believe Ava loves her son, but he's feeling isolated and who knows what ideas she'll fill his head with. Tripp is a decent guy, so I hope living with his crazy mother (who he does not really know) doesn't change him into a bitter, angry criminal. He's already hated by half the town, it would suck if he validates their ideas about him. I did LOL at his WTF expression when Ava said everything would be perfect if only Patch were with them. This is only the beginning, dude.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

they’ve brought everyone else back from the dead so why not Adrienne?

Her freakin' brothers have come back from the dead, it's practically a family tradition at this point. I'm happy Judi Evans recovered from all the stuff that happened to her earlier this year and I'm glad she's still on the show, but I want Adrienne on my screen not Bonnie. Yes, Adrienne can be a bit dull but give her amnesia or something and make her more "fun" if that's what RC prefers to write. I just want Adrienne back, dammit.

I like Gwen and her scheming, but today was so dumb. Jack and Jennifer are investigative reporters, how can they not see through Gwen's manipulations? What nanny traipses across town at night to give a woman Xmas cards from the grandkids and then "whoopsie" spills the beans about Jack & Kate acting suspicious back at the DiMera mansion? My ears did perk up when Gwen stared daggers at Jack as she it's sad when a child is estranged from their parents.

• Love 6

I know Trask is supposed to be a hard-ass but I thought her hesitation to release Joey "the convicted murder" was a little  extreme. Even putting aside the fact that Ava is clearly alive so it wasn't murder, and a new charge would be a lesser attempted murder to which Kristin only got 5 years, Trask phrased that as if Joey was a Dr. Rolf walking around town where anyone might be his next potential victim (or in Rolf's case a potential surrogate or future Stefano). Joey's crime was specifically directed at Ava who tormented his mother and raped his father. It was more a "crime of passion" with a very specific victim, not random where the rest of Salem is in danger. 

I also had to wonder when Trask saw Ava alive if she was wondering what it took to get Haley brought back from the dead. Given that Ron is much better with farce and humor than logical storytelling, I wish he'd have had Melinda give Ava a really good once over, maybe even touch her hair or skin and quip with a preoccupied thought in her mind, "You say Dr. Wilheim Rolf is behind this resurrection?" 😀

9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Justin was wrong for not calling but Bonnie was insufferable. What he did was bad but it wasn't beyond the pale, you know, like having someone's wife forcibly take your place in prison. She could have at least given him a chance to explain.

Agree, she should have left him explain as much as he should have text or called, although Bonnie's theatrics are more in character.

7 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

My ears did perk up when Gwen stared daggers at Jack as she it's sad when a child is estranged from their parents.

I honed in on that too. And it's about time they start getting at a motive behind Gwen's madness. Between Gwen's hatred of Abby and the Tripp/Allie baby storyline, Ron needs to move things along. He already wasted Nov. sweeps month. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

I know Trask is supposed to be a hard-ass but I thought her hesitation to release Joey "the convicted murder" was a little  extreme. Even putting aside the fact that Ava is clearly alive so it wasn't murder, and a new charge would be a lesser attempted murder to which Kristin only got 5 years, Trask phrased that as if Joey was a Dr. Rolf walking around town where anyone might be his next potential victim (or in Rolf's case a potential surrogate or future Stefano). Joey's crime was specifically directed at Ava who tormented his mother and raped his father. It was more a "crime of passion" with a very specific victim, not random where the rest of Salem is in danger. 

Don't forget Ava played mind games with Joey who was an impressionable teenager at the time.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Gwen, you do realize that people do talk to each other and can very easily compare stories that you told them.

10 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I like Gwen and her scheming, but today was so dumb. Jack and Jennifer are investigative reporters, how can they not see through Gwen's manipulations? What nanny traipses across town at night to give a woman Xmas cards from the grandkids and then "whoopsie" spills the beans about Jack & Kate acting suspicious back at the DiMera mansion? My ears did perk up when Gwen stared daggers at Jack as she it's sad when a child is estranged from their parents.

It's sad and outrageous that over the years, soaps have treated us - the viewers - as though we're stupid, lacking in logic and reasoning skills. 

And I'm banging my drum again re: the bolded:  I hope it turns out Gwen isn't a Devereaux sibling. The show is SO incestuous as it is with the multitudes of half and step siblings. Can we not have just ONE - just one - family that's a fairly nuclear family? I know it's the 21st century, but yes, even these days, such a thing can exist.

• Love 3

It's bad enough that Allie comes across as immature and dumb as rocks, but could they cut back on the people who get dumbed down in the process? Like Kate's advice to sue Tripp in civil court. I get that they are frustrated because they believe he raped Allie and has been given a pass via the justice system, but a civil suit that serves the purpose of slandering his name and extracting child support?! There's a lot of problems with that idea that I hope someone with half a brain points out when the show picks up on Monday.

1. Allie does not need the money to support little Henry. Excess money (presumably from overly generous and sometimes irresponsible Grandma Kate as well as Sami & EJ's possibly not legal money) is what lead to Allie's socialite lifestyle where she was reckless drunk on a regular basis which lead to the night of her rape. 

2. Trip as a med student probably doesn't have that much money by himself so he'd likely be paying her with money from his mother's mobster "blood money." (Which per #1 Allie has her own.)

3. A civil suit could prompt Tripp to sue for custody of Henry. (Admittedly I'm not sure how much Allie would care given that she's been trying to give the kid away left and right, but I assume Kate would be bothered by her supposed granddaughter's rapist having custody. Right now Tripp doesn't care about the baby but light a fire under his ass with a legal stunt like this and....well see #4)

4. Ava Vitalli is not going to take lightly to her son being sued. Does Kate really want to bring that wrath down on Allie? (Although personally I'd love to see Ava make Allie's life hell, especially if it shifts her obsession off Steve and Kayla.)

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 8

If the point is to get child support, she doesn't need to sue for the rape.  But if she wants him to get to admit he raped her, it's a choice.  But with Ava in the picture, she doesn't hold any leverage.  The only way she can get him to admit he raped her is through a settlement.  However, with Ava in the picture and her buckets of money, he can pay Allie any amount she'd win.

Ironically, the only good evidence she has for a court of law is the fact that he's denying anything happened and she has a DNA test saying the baby is his.

13 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I like Gwen and her scheming, but today was so dumb. Jack and Jennifer are investigative reporters, how can they not see through Gwen's manipulations?

I can see them not quite seeing it now but I so need them to start comparing notes.  Right now Kate, knows Gwen is bad news but she doesn't really know the extent to which she's bad news or really has any motive to find out why.  But if Jack and Jennifer realize that Gwen has been telling them different things, I would think they'd be curious to know why she chose to attack their marriage.  Especially if Abby were to ever let it slip that Gwen was with her when she found the letter. 

I think sometimes what shows don't realize is that there is also mystery in the "why"--especially with soaps.  They can get a lot of mileage about of Jack and Jennifer investigating Gwen but not confronting her because they feel they'll possibly find out more if she's not suspicious that they know.

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, once Philip cornered you on being at the Salem Inn, you should have gone along with whatever he wanted to deflect suspicion.  (I want a fake relationship! turned real.)

• Love 3

Sarah, Philip just may be a wee bit smarter than you. You made a mistake.

Kate, why encourage a civil lawsuit? Allie has buckets of money and Tripp doesn't, unless his 'former' mobster mother helps out. What do you hope to get? His story is not changing at all. You are lucky that the cops will not press charges against you for threatening him with a gun. Seriously, you can go to prison for that. A lot of people are angry at things but they are not as childish and lash out like this.

Ava does have a nice place. She sure seemed interested when Tripp mentioned that he was in London. Who was she calling at the end to call her back pronto? 

Welcome back to Salem, Joey. Nothing wrong with your prison duds. 

The whole Xander/Charlie/Philip espionage thing is getting a bit messy.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

He already wasted Nov. sweeps month. 

I'm a little concerned we're going to have to wait until February Sweeps to find out Gwen's motivation.  Please, Ron, NO.  

Who is writing the show these days?  I loved the little squabble between Ava and Tripp about the possibility of Ava using Mob money to support her livelihood.  And, the possibility of Kate and Ava locking horns over Allie and Tripp.  The show still has its faults but there are some small moments of character interaction and potential conflicts that I'm appreciating.  

Tripp finally meeting his mother makes me think of those fans who have finally met their favorite actor/actress only to find out they're kind of an asshole.  

SweetCharlie seems too dumb to follow along with spying on Xander for Philip and Philip for Xander but if Ava was calling him at the end, I'll be relieved to find out it's all been just an act.  On the other hand, SweetCharlie is one of the few characters who gets to be portrayed as dumb as some of the writing dictates.  

Okay, what purpose is Joey going to serve in Salem now?  Falling in love with Ava again?  The actor still has the same wooden quality that I didn't care for during his previous stint.  

• Love 4

TB seems to be having fun tossing all the insulting lines to Patch & Kayla. After, suffering on GH playing Kim she must be on cloud 9. Like all DOOL villains she’s way over the top but for now I’ll enjoy it while I can. Basically, they switched out Eve for Ava. I guess Ron finds it easy to write since they both have 3 letter names. Eventually, I’ll tire of her because I don’t think I can’t take her trying to come between Patch and Kayla over and over. Also, TB is a skinny little thing isn’t she. On GH as Kim she was always in lab coats and I didn’t notice it much. She’s very pretty.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

My absolutely fave part of Friday's ep, and possibly the whole week tbh, was when PT went full Irish. I rolled! I watched it like 5 times lol.

Who do you mean? I can only think of Paul Telfer but he is Scottish

Edited by brisbydog
Edit
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Okay, what purpose is Joey going to serve in Salem now?  Falling in love with Ava again?  The actor still has the same wooden quality that I didn't care for during his previous stint.  

I don't think he's sticking around tbh. As you pointed out what purpose does he have? He's related to everyone else unless they have him fall for Ava (which I admit would be a better story for Steve/Kayla than this Tripp/Allie mess)

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I could buy them as father/son too bad Ian Buchanan was already on this show as a love interest of Kate's so he'll probably never return(even as another character)

!!!!!!  I can't believe I missed this!  😡   I've liked Ian Buchanan ever since his Duke Lavery days...He and Anna on GH were my favorite couple.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ok Scottish then lol. He just completely gave up doing his fake British accent. It was so hilarious.

Irish and Scottish accents way different lol. However I've heard Paul interviewed a lot and he speaks exactly the same as he does on the show. I think the Scots accent was unlearned when he went to university in Canterbury in South East England as he has the RP accent now. I did see him on Once Upon A Time as a half naked Scottish warlord and he definitely can still do the brogue 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Irish and Scottish accents way different lol. However I've heard Paul interviewed a lot and he speaks exactly the same as he does on the show. I think the Scots accent was unlearned when he went to university in Canterbury in South East England as he has the RP accent now. 

No, he fully went out of his regular show accent in the last ep. It was hilarious. Honestly they should have let him redo it because it was so noticeable. He sometimes says things more Scottish but it's usually not as noticeable. I've noticed the new Claire sometimes saying things more Australian too but it's not huge. But in Friday's ep PT just went full Scottish.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, norcalgal said:

!!!!!!  I can't believe I missed this!  😡   I've liked Ian Buchanan ever since his Duke Lavery days...He and Anna on GH were my favorite couple.

Yes this was early in the 2010s he played the husband of Madison(Played by Sarah Brown) who was Brady's GF at the time. Anyways he had a brief fling with Kate and was using her to get to Stefano's money. Stefano was hiding away in Alamania(although I don't know why tbh). His exit was around the time of the Daysaster 2012.

Duke/Anna were my first soap couple(as I grew up watching GH and the NBC soaps with my mom) I think Robert/Holly surpassed them as far as favorite though(which I watched on YT and fell for them).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Allie is such a ding-a-ling! At the point that Belle said she'd have to relive and recount the event over and over on the stand without cracking, Allie should have said, "Well then forget that idea." But instead she says no problem? WTF! That girl can't remember taking off her own clothes, yet alone any other significant details. Even Justin should be able to win this case for Tripp. And did Belle not read today's paper cause she might have pointed out that Ava is not likely to let this go to trail.  Rope and duct tape are more likely in Allie's future if Tripp's mommy gets involved. Forget a lucrative settlement. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9