Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 12/13/2020 at 6:56 AM, peachmangosteen said:

No, he fully went out of his regular show accent in the last ep. It was hilarious. Honestly they should have let him redo it because it was so noticeable. He sometimes says things more Scottish but it's usually not as noticeable. I've noticed the new Claire sometimes saying things more Australian too but it's not huge. But in Friday's ep PT just went full Scottish.

And Ben occasionally slips into a Boston accent.

• Love 4

I kind of wish they would have had Joey say "after being put in jail for a crime I didn't commit, and based on what I know of Tripp, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt."  I do feel for Kayla, though. She's in such a rough position. 

No surprise that Ava was calling Charlie but he did seem a little menacing at the end there.  Wait, does this mean he's a triple agent?  I kind of love that he's probably not really working for Philip or Xander.  Will Philip and Xander eventually have to work together? 

I am happy that Xander and Sarah have identified Ava is Philip's partner.  It's refreshing to have that exposed so early.

Some bad legal advice in today's episode.  Child support is separate from whatever civil action Allie wants to take against Tripp.  And she needs to stop complaining about how her son is a "reminder."  If that's what he represents to her, she needs to give him up.

• Love 11

I haven't seen anything saying otherwise, but something tells me Joey isn't going to be staying very long. Not a spoiler.

Charlie invites Claire to dinner, she says yes, and he says, You, too."  Uh, what?

"I'd offer you a drink, but I'm afraid you'd accept."

Xander should have told Sarah that Ava is responsible for the death of Shawn Brady.

Charlie is from Philadelphia.  Is he related to Jake?

Nice touch that Ava has a cold, soulless Christmas tree.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And Ben occasionally slips into a Boston accent.

I haven't watched Ben in so long I don't even remember what he sounds like. Love that for me.

Honestly, I'd be kinda down for Charlie to be like some big mob guy. Just the absurdity of it would delight me. 

I enjoy the hell outta Ava. 

Sarah's reactions today were kinda fun, but LG plays her so annoyingly that I can never really enjoy her.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I kind of wish they would have had Joey say "after being put in jail for a crime I didn't commit, and based on what I know of Tripp, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt."  I do feel for Kayla, though. She's in such a rough position. 

No surprise that Ava was calling Charlie but he did seem a little menacing at the end there.  Wait, does this mean he's a triple agent?  I kind of love that he's probably not really working for Philip or Xander.  Will Philip and Xander eventually have to work together? 

I am happy that Xander and Sarah have identified Ava is Philip's partner.  It's refreshing to have that exposed so early.

Some bad legal advice in today's episode.  Child support is separate from whatever civil action Allie wants to take against Tripp.  And she needs to stop complaining about how her son is a "reminder."  If that's what he represents to her, she needs to give him up.

TBF that's what Allie wanted to do in the first place until the show thought it was a good idea to have her hounded by everyone to keep a kid she clearly didn't want. They really should've let Wilson adopt the kid but the baby daddy(with ulterior motives) shows up and finds out about the kid and wants to keep Henry because he comes from money. Then a custody battle ensues. Sure this story would've been predictable but its a 1000x better than this story. The rape was totally unnecessary.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Good point! Allie doesn't need to sue Tripp in civil court to get child support. She can file that with domestic relations.  Her civil suit comes across as revenge, more or less. And it's not like Allie and Henry are hurting for money. 

49 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

TBF that's what Allie wanted to do in the first place until the show thought it was a good idea to have her hounded by everyone to keep a kid she clearly didn't want. 

I can't really blame Lucas or Sami for encouraging Allie to bond with her child and give motherhood a chance, lest she regret it later as neither of her parents knew the circumstances of the conception at that point. What irks me is that at this point no one who does know seems to be quick with getting her the psychological help she would clearly benefit from. I feel as if Marlena especially should be reaching out to her more and Nicole, after hearing Allie say that Henry was a reminder, should be urging her into counseling for her own sake and for Henry's. And for us viewers, since I keep hoping a good hypnosis session will unscramble that dippy head of Allie and serve up an accurate recollection of events. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

I can't really blame Lucas or Sami for encouraging Allie to bond with her child and give motherhood a chance, lest she regret it later as neither of her parents knew the circumstances of the conception at that point. What irks me is that at this point no one who does know seems to be quick with getting her the psychological help she would clearly benefit from. I feel as if Marlena especially should be reaching out to her more and Nicole, after hearing Allie say that Henry was a reminder, should be urging her into counseling for her own sake and for Henry's. And for us viewers, since I keep hoping a good hypnosis session will unscramble that dippy head of Allie and serve up an accurate recollection of events. 

Not every woman could have her rapist's baby, you have to be really strong to be able to do that.  Why did Ron have to go down this dark road with Allie.  It is so unnecessary and cruel.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Not every woman could have her rapist's baby, you have to be really strong to be able to do that.  Why did Ron have to go down this dark road with Allie.  It is so unnecessary and cruel.

This reminds me of AMC with Erica/Kendall.. Erica put Kendall up for adoption because she was raped at 14 and got pregnant as a result. I never faulted Erica for giving her up even though Kendall came to town resentful over the whole thing. Now that I think about it its a good thing Days probably wont last long enough to have that ever happen if Allie did give up the kid....

• Love 3

I agree that Allie should seek some sort of counselling to help her deal with the circumstances of her child's conception and birth.  I just wonder if the rape aspect was planned or just a happy circumstance that came together with Covid and casting decisions. No, not all women are able to raise a child under that circumstance. Some do, and some do treat the child as a human being, no matter who his or her biological father is or how he or she came about. Allie carries a lot of resentment about almost everything. She misses her carefree partygoing ways. We all do. We get older and partying isn't as interesting any more. Most days she has nothing to do except go through the spin cycle. Oh woe is her. Lots of girls do not have her privilege and financial ability to provide for a child. Otherwise maybe she should talk to a counsellor or social worker about giving up the kid. She will resent Henry forever. For whatever reason, even if it is that she can't stay a child forever and the child deserves a parent who wants him.

A civil suit may bring her some money, or maybe not. Belle was right that Tripp can make Allie's life miserable and she has to be able to handle that a lot of ugly things may come out. I would think that US family court would make decisions about child support payments.

Charlie revealed some interesting information to Claire. He's from Philly and he has a brother that he has little to do with. The fries vs onion rings was silly. Doubt they really ate anything. The burger looked good.

I do get Kayla's conflict regarding Tripp. However she is a doctor and maybe she should be a bit more objective.  Surely if Tripp is lying, he is not a good lying liar who lies as his story has stayed consistent.  Surely there are other paternity tests that may consider other family members. She has no idea if Ava had any other children. That should be a remote possibility in her mind, especially since Tripp is not backing down on his version of what happened. I know it is drama for the show, but, really?

Wonder how long Joey will last - there doesn't seem to be much story right now. He is an example of being falsely accused of a crime and spending time in jail when his 'victim' is very much alive and well. The family dinner sure is awkward.

Time for your indoor voice, Sarah. Xander should just ask her to Google Ava Vitali and fill in any blanks. They do make a good team but there needs to be a bit more playfulness to make it work.

Philip is still making weird facial expressions. Yes, Xander is on to him.

Not hugely surprised to see Charlie at Ava's door at the end.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

However she is a doctor and maybe she should be a bit more objective.  Surely if Tripp is lying, he is not a good lying liar who lies as his story has stayed consistent.  Surely there are other paternity tests that may consider other family members.

She is being objective.  A DNA test should not say Tripp is the father if the father is his half-brother..  That's what makes this story so frustrating. That is not how DNA tests work.

I fear whatever lame reason they'll come up with if/when we find out Tripp's not the father.

1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

I can't really blame Lucas or Sami for encouraging Allie to bond with her child and give motherhood a chance, lest she regret it later

I can.  Mothers who give up their children for adoption all have different ways they'd like for it to happen.  Some know they don't want to make an emotional connection with the child because it'd make giving up the baby harder even though they've thought things through and know that, given the circumstances, giving up the child is the best option for all involved.

It turns out that Allie did know more about the circumstances than her parents. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Agree, while Allie should be a sympathetic character given the rape situation, the way it's been written and played out just makes her annoying. What really irks me about her now is how she walks around all certain of what happened but she's really not and it's going to blow up in her face, hopefully sooner than later so the plot can move on.  

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I do get Kayla's conflict regarding Tripp. However she is a doctor and maybe she should be a bit more objective.  Surely if Tripp is lying, he is not a good lying liar who lies as his story has stayed consistent.  Surely there are other paternity tests that may consider other family members. She has no idea if Ava had any other children. That should be a remote possibility in her mind, especially since Tripp is not backing down on his version of what happened. I know it is drama for the show, but, really?

Yes, I too think Tripp's consistent version of that night is a stark contrast to Allie, and that's not in her favor. I too wish that instead of everyone taking sides, someone would tackle it as a mystery and try to help Tripp solve it since he seems quite genuine and sincere in his insistence that he never even slept with her.  DNA testing Steve would be a start since he should be a grandfather match. Or Joey since he'd be the uncle. Bonus points if Joey and Tripp team up to solve this and it gives Joey something productive to do. 

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I can.  Mothers who give up their children for adoption all have different ways they'd like for it to happen.  Some know they don't want to make an emotional connection with the child because it'd make giving up the baby harder even though they've thought things through and know that, given the circumstances, giving up the child is the best option for all involved.

It turns out that Allie did know more about the circumstances than her parents. 

But Allie didn't explain any of what happened to anyone. It took Henry being born, her leaving him at the hospital w/a note that didn't hold up, a court custody dispute, and Nicole pushing for a little more info after Allie finally returned for her to bring up what really happened.  Sami and Lucas aren't psychic so from their perspective it just looked like a reckless Allie who hadn't done anything with her life except shopping and partying got pregnant and then didn't want to deal with the responsibility simply because she was immature and spoiled. Those facts coupled with the fact that when she tried to give the baby away it was all to people she knew, possibly signified to them that maybe she didn't really want to part with the child and just needed some time.  And during all of this, none of them knew Allie had been raped.  Heck, Sami still doesn't know. So while Allie might have known her own circumstances, she was (and still is) a hot mess who needs lots of guidance and help, emotionally and psychologically till she heals and matures.  

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

But Allie didn't explain any of what happened to anyone. It took Henry being born, her leaving him at the hospital w/a note that didn't hold up, a court custody dispute, and Nicole pushing for a little more info after Allie finally returned for her to bring up what really happened.  Sami and Lucas aren't psychic so from their perspective it just looked like a reckless Allie who hadn't done anything with her life except shopping and partying got pregnant and then didn't want to deal with the responsibility simply because she was immature and spoiled.

She didn't need to divulge her trauma.  Being immature, being spoiled, feeling not ready...etc.  All of those are very excellent reasons to give up a baby for adoption. 

It'd be one thing if Sami and Lucas tried to talk her out of it but Sami went way beyond that and actively interfered in the process.  Listen, I don't think Allie was going about things in the most rational way but I think it's pretty clear months later that giving up the baby was something she absolutely should have done. 

And I wonder if we're ever going to get an apology from Sami and Lucas that they shouldn't have fought so hard to make her keep the baby once they learn that it's a constant reminder of her trauma.  I know they'll say they couldn't have known but they also couldn't have known whether or not she'd be a good mother at her age yet they were willing to force her to parent.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She didn't need to divulge her trauma.  Being immature, being spoiled, feeling not ready...etc.  All of those are very excellent reasons to give up a baby for adoption. 

It'd be one thing if Sami and Lucas tried to talk her out of it but Sami went way beyond that and actively interfered in the process.  Listen, I don't think Allie was going about things in the most rational way but I think it's pretty clear months later that giving up the baby was something she absolutely should have done. 

And I wonder if we're ever going to get an apology from Sami and Lucas that they shouldn't have fought so hard to make her keep the baby once they learn that it's a constant reminder of her trauma.  I know they'll say they couldn't have known but they also couldn't have known whether or not she'd be a good mother at her age yet they were willing to force her to parent.

I don't think Lumi believes in adoption. In their minds, they should raise their grandchild.  Given their respective histories regarding family and children, it makes sense to me.  Allie was using the baby as a weapon against Sami and that was not cool.  Did she ever say why she did not want Lucas to raise the baby.  Did Allie ever say why she hates her mother so much? Allie has not been sympathetic at all throughout this situation.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Did she ever say why she did not want Lucas to raise the baby.  Did Allie ever say why she hates her mother so much? Allie has not been sympathetic at all throughout this situation.

Nope. But she still has the right to give up her child.

Lucas never volunteered to raise the child which I always felt was a glaring error in the story.  Why was that not even considered as a possibility.  Allie's only complaint about Sami is that she tried to control her life which was kind of played out with this adoption story.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I wasn't watching during the whole Ava/Joey/Kayla/Steve drama but I assume Tripp and Joey bonded off-screen since Tripp came on to avenge his mother's "death." I liked the rapport they had between them and if they bonded while Joey was in prison I think that could be another reason why Joey would give him the benefit of the doubt since Tripp was willing to bond with him thinking Joey had killed his mother.

I thought the Charlie actor wasn't great, but his brief scene at the end was really good because it was brief and not much was said but his entire demeanor seemed different and like we were seeing a whole new person. As someone who doesn't like Xander much, I love the idea that me might have been conned by Charlie. I think at one point Xander decided he could trust Charlie just because which I thought was stupid for someone who is supposedly so street smart.

A few glaring things I thought were omitted in Belle's talk with Allie is that Tripp is a college student. Suing him for "everything he has" probably wouldn't amount to very much. Also, when Belle repeatedly said they would make Allie go over every detail of the rape that should have given Allie pause since she still barely seems to remember much about that night. 

• Love 7

Ava and Charlie know each other? Shocker. I am interested  to see if Charlie leaves that Nervous Nellie facade behind though. 

Kayla, I’d put that knife down before you stab everyone in your family “accidentally.” She needs Stephanie back so much. Regardless of whether or not Tripp is guilty, the insensitivity to Kayla’s feelings as a survivor from her family is terrible. All we know as of now is that the DNA matches. She is a doctor and ran it 4 TIMES. How is no one questioning this? If Tripp insists it’s not him you’d think someone would suggest a relative or investigating further.  Ugh this story. It’s clear it’s being written by a man from a mans POV. 

The only thing I have enjoyed is Allie interacting with her family.  Kate, Lucas, Claire and the scenes with Belle. That’s actually been nice. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I thought the Charlie actor wasn't great, but his brief scene at the end was really good because it was brief and not much was said but his entire demeanor seemed different and like we were seeing a whole new person.

This. He really did a lot with that super brief moment. I hope he is able to maintain it lol.

I absolutely despise that they're writing a rape story where we're forced to hate/root against the victim. I mean, I hate any rape story at this point, but this one really takes the cake. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

Ava and Charlie know each other? Shocker. I am interested  to see if Charlie leaves that Nervous Nellie facade behind though. 

Kayla, I’d put that knife down before you stab everyone in your family “accidentally.” She needs Stephanie back so much. Regardless of whether or not Tripp is guilty, the insensitivity to Kayla’s feelings as a survivor from her family is terrible. All we know as of now is that the DNA matches. She is a doctor and ran it 4 TIMES. How is no one questioning this? If Tripp insists it’s not him you’d think someone would suggest a relative or investigating further.  Ugh this story. It’s clear it’s being written by a man from a mans POV. 

The only thing I have enjoyed is Allie interacting with her family.  Kate, Lucas, Claire and the scenes with Belle. That’s actually been nice. 

I am totally Team Kayla on this. The level of hate I am seeing for her on other pages is shocking. Tripp not questioning the DNA results makes zero sense, and I will always be on Kayla's side against Steve going way back when he demanded that she forgive her (very recent) rapist so he would accept his kidney. 

Allie is just an idiot. I don't want to victim blame but if you get falling down drunk and go home with a guy (or guys) then I hate to say it but you are putting yourself in that situation. And how on earth does she expect to testify when she remembers nothing but the ideas Nicole has been planting in her head? I guess Marlena will have to hypnotize her 

• Love 8

I haven't watched this show in about a month... looks like I didn't miss much!  I like Shawn and Belle, so maybe I missed some of their stuff, but the show is STILL on the Allie and Tripp crap??  Yeah, this is why I can't watch on a daily basis... ugh.  Move on already!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

Kayla, I’d put that knife down before you stab everyone in your family “accidentally.” She needs Stephanie back so much. Regardless of whether or not Tripp is guilty, the insensitivity to Kayla’s feelings as a survivor from her family is terrible. All we know as of now is that the DNA matches. She is a doctor and ran it 4 TIMES. How is no one questioning this? If Tripp insists it’s not him you’d think someone would suggest a relative or investigating further.

I think Steve has had his moments of being insensitive but he's not treating her horribly IMO. He's told her he understands why she feels the way she does, but Tripp is his son and he believes him. He even kicked Tripp out because she asked. Joey just got out of prison and, yeah, was probably being selfish in asking for Tripp to stay, but he acknowledged that. It's not like he's asking her to spend every day with Tripp. No one - except for maybe Ava - is berating her for how she feels. Even Tripp has bent over backwards to say he understands why she doesn't believe him.

I also wouldn't say no one is questioning the results. Allie has expressed confusion about why Tripp is insisting he's innocent when the DNA results supposedly say otherwise. But I wouldn't expect anyone on Allie's side would truly question it because they believe it just confirms what Allie's told them. Kayla isn't questioning it because she ran the DNA four times and said the only person who would be a closer match is Steve. Still, she should probably have a few questions considering how insistent - and consistent - Tripp has been. Up until very recently, Tripp only had one person on his side, his dad. Both Steve and, definitelyTripp, have wondered how the DNA results could possibly have come out how they did. But, Tripp at least should definitely be doing more than just scratching his head over it and should be asking them for some kind of investigation.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

If I was Tripp and I am 100% positive that I am not the baby daddy and the test shows that I am, I would be asking WHY the test shows that I am. It could be a case of my being drugged/someone slipped something in my drink. He never met his mother, knows very little of the family history, has no one to ask if he has any siblings. Until mom came back from the dead.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Kayla isn't questioning it because she ran the DNA four times and said the only person who would be a closer match is Steve.

She said that?  No Steve would not be a closer match to the baby.  No no no no no.  Nor would he be a closer match to Tripp as Tripp's relationship to Steve is similar to Tripp's relationship to the baby (allegedly.) 

Gosh, DOOL writers.  Just---watch some CSI. 

Ah Ben, I did not miss you.

Charlie's going to be interesting, isn't he?  Double (triple) agenting at Titan.  Probably resentful of the "favored" brother.  Is this why he did it?  To frame Tripp?

And OMG---just spit it out.  Don't drag out the reveal that Charlie's Ava's son.   Ugh---finally.  At the very end.

If the show told longer stories, it'd be kind of amusing if Claire and Charlie tried to adopt Henry. 

I am highly amused that they can't prosecute Tripp (okay, that makes sense), they let Allie off the hook but John is still facing trial for what he did to Jan in obvious self defense.

Nicole, Rafe and Hope broke up a long time ago.  (Have Rafe and Nicole ever dated?)

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

And OMG---just spit it out.  Don't drag out the reveal that Charlie's Ava's son.   Ugh---finally.  At the very end.

Well she didn't actually say that Charlie was her son. Maybe Charlie is Steve's son with some other Vitali relative.

9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Nicole, Rafe and Hope broke up a long time ago.  (Have Rafe and Nicole ever dated?)

Not really. He once started to give her some friendly attention so that she would spill the beans about the secret that she had on EJ that he was behind's Sydney's kidnapping.

Then a few years later after finding out that EJ and Sami cheated on them, they pretended to have slept together so that he could pretend to be the the father of her unborn baby.

However, Nicole has been with Sami's two brothers, father, baby daddy/exhusband (Lucas), husband (EJ), so what's another exhusband for Nicole.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I can't recall Rafe and Nicole ever dating (maybe that was a time I wasn't watching DOOL) but I liked the friends vibe they had when Rafe pretended to be Nicole's baby daddy (so EJ wouldn't find out the baby was his).

@nilyank you just beat me to the punch with your response...  😃

Edited by norcalgal
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She said that?  No Steve would not be a closer match to the baby.  No no no no no.  Nor would he be a closer match to Tripp as Tripp's relationship to Steve is similar to Tripp's relationship to the baby (allegedly.) 

I don't remember what her exact wording was (if she said he would be as close a match or closer) but I remember she brought him up because I was waiting for the show to drop some kind of hint at how they'd attempt to get out of this when it's revealed Tripp isn't the baby's father and Kayla said that about Steve. She only said it once and it's been glossed over ever since.

23 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Ah Ben, I did not miss you.

Ditto. I had to roll my eyes when they were comparing notes about seeing Ciara different places - "Ugh, we get it out you love and miss Ciara and see her everywhere. Can we move on, please?"

24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Charlie's going to be interesting, isn't he?  Double (triple) agenting at Titan.  Probably resentful of the "favored" brother.  Is this why he did it?  To frame Tripp?

I've had a feeling that Ava was the one who sent Charlie to keep an eye on Tripp, but I was surprised that she didn't plant him at Titan. Considering what she's accusing him of, I get the hostility but given the likelihood she is his mother she didn't seem to have any affection for him at all which would definitely make it seem that, yes, Charlie would (unfairly) have a lot of resentment towards Tripp and purposefully set him up.

29 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That was excruciating the way they danced around it and they didn't even truly reveal it at the end since Ava said they're brothers but didn't claim him as her son. If the show wasn't trying to drag it out a good time to reveal it would have been after Charlie said "your son is a rapist" and Ava could have shot back with "Yeah, but not Tripp." The way TB played that moment, it seemed to be what she was thinking.

33 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I am highly amused that they can't prosecute Tripp (okay, that makes sense), they let Allie off the hook but John is still facing trial for what he did to Jan in obvious self defense.

Would that be considered self-defense? Maybe defense of others, but Jan wasn't physically attacking John when he strangled her. At one point, she held a gun on all of them but she wasn't at the time. 

20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

However, Nicole has been with Sami's two brothers, father,

Nicole has been with Roman? Ew. They don't seem a likely pair, even for a one-off

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But if she wanted them to understand her point of view she needed to divulge it.  Dr. Rolf hasn't appeared to implant mind-reading into any of the Salemites yet. Otherwise, it's not unreasonable for them to assume she was just being hasty because she's immature, spoiled, and seemingly has a habit of ill-thought-out actions. I never got the sense that Sami and Lucas were trying to force parenthood, rather they believed in Allie and her capacity to be a good mother if she gave it a chance. It had more to do with their love of their daughter and new grandson. 

14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Nope. But she still has the right to give up her child.

She has that right, yes; but when she showed up on Eric and Nicole's doorstep and dumped her problems on them she also opened the door for everyone else's opinion and input on the matter.  If Allie wanted to put the baby up for adoption on her own, she could have done it. She'd been MIA for months before that anyways. 

14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Did Allie ever say why she hates her mother so much? Allie has not been sympathetic at all throughout this situation.

Agree, I can only assume this is the intended direction of the character and then they keep making it worse. Like today when she basically gloated about the fact that she will lie on the stand about ever pulling a gun on Tripp.  And for all her complaining about her mother, now suddenly Sami is her idol for blowing her rapist's balls off. I'm pretty sure Lucas told her that story so she knew she had someone else that could relate to her about what happened, not because he thought it was a good idea that she did the same.  (Although it might have been more helpful if Lucas would have gotten the story a little more accurate.)

13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

A few glaring things I thought were omitted in Belle's talk with Allie is that Tripp is a college student. Suing him for "everything he has" probably wouldn't amount to very much. Also, when Belle repeatedly said they would make Allie go over every detail of the rape that should have given Allie pause since she still barely seems to remember much about that night. 

Belle is going to wish she never took this case when she gets Allie on the stand.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well she didn't actually say that Charlie was her son. Maybe Charlie is Steve's son with some other Vitali relative.

I was thinking Tripp is Ava's favorite son because he's to Steve, but Charlie's father is perhaps an ex of Ava's that she's not so fond of.  But that's probably giving the writers too much credit on the psychological development front. They are far more likely to give Ava a twin who also raped Steve. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, nilyank said:

That is true.  And a bit hilarious if Steve were just passed around the Vitalis.  Wouldn't it be a nod and a wink to the GH story where Laura was with both Stefan and...Stavros was it while kidnapped on that Cassadine island?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Belle is going to wish she never took this case when she gets Allie on the stand.

Since Belle is supposed to be a good lawyer, she would probably prep Allie before she took the stand and realize the gaping memory holes Allie has about that night.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Agree, I can only assume this is the intended direction of the character and then they keep making it worse. Like today when she basically gloated about the fact that she will lie on the stand about ever pulling a gun on Tripp.  And for all her complaining about her mother, now suddenly Sami is her idol for blowing her rapist's balls off. I'm pretty sure Lucas told her that story so she knew she had someone else that could relate to her about what happened, not because he thought it was a good idea that she did the same.  (Although it might have been more helpful if Lucas would have gotten the story a little more accurate.)

Not to mention, Sami was raped as a proxy for her sister Carrie. Her rapist was obsessed with Carrie. If I remember correctly it was the last time the Brady sisters united to fight a common enemy when he kidnapped them. I wish we had had more of the sisters coming together despite their rocky past. I always loved the unity amongst the original Brady siblings, no matter how much they got on each others nerves and fought, you always knew that Roman/Rojohn, Kim Kayla and Bo loved each other and had each other's backs..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I absolutely despise that they're writing a rape story where we're forced to hate/root against the victim. I mean, I hate any rape story at this point, but this one really takes the cake. 

Allie really isn't doing much to make us root for her though.  She knows she blacked out because of how drunk she was but she's somehow completely sure that Tripp raped her--I think people would be more on her side if we saw some hesitancy or worry if she was making a mistake but that's not how it's being played.  And then in today's episode she's already planning on how to lie about pulling a gun on Tripp if she's ever questioned about it.  Perhaps if the actress didn't have such a smug expression when she talks about the gun incident--without a hint of self-awareness-- who will be believed her or Tripp she might illicit some sympathy.

So we now have confirmation that Charlie is not only Tripp's brother but now he knows that Allie had a baby because of the rape--I guess the next big dramatic meeting will be between Charlie and Allie.  I'm sure it will be epic.  

18 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That is true.  And a bit hilarious if Steve were just passed around the Vitalis.  Wouldn't it be a nod and a wink to the GH story where Laura was with both Stefan and...Stavros was it while kidnapped on that Cassadine island?

Wasn't Laura's relationship with Stefan more of an affair instead of an approved Cassadine liaison?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Charlie's father is perhaps an ex of Ava's that she's not so fond of. 

I keep thinking that Charlie's father is Ava's cousin Angelo. The way that Ava favors Tripp over Charlie makes me believe his father is someone she wishes weren't the father. A tryst between cousins would certainly add more drama to this whole sordid story.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I keep thinking that Charlie's father is Ava's cousin Angelo. The way that Ava favors Tripp over Charlie makes me believe his father is someone she wishes weren't the father. A tryst between cousins would certainly add more drama to this whole sordid story.

There could be multiple reasons why she favors Tripp over Charlie. As was pointed out earlier, Tripp is Steve's son who she is obsessed with. Also, Tripp was taken from her so she might be more attached to him because he was basically he son that got away. And, yeah, Charlie's father could be someone she hates. Doesn't have to be a cousin, maybe someone from a rival family she despises or a regular person she despises. Plus, with the way Ron loves rape Charlie could be a product of rape. Hell, Ron would probably think that was clever. Charlie, the product of rape, impregnates someone he raped. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Compared to Robert Scott Wilson, Brandon Beemer is the world's top thespian. It was jarring how bad RSW is. After the ridiculous dream sequences they both had while Ciara was kidnapped/Ben was in a coma, the "seeing Ciara everywhere" bit is dragging on. However, I did once have a very vivid dream where a recently-passed friend "visited" me to let me know he was OK, so I do cut them a bit of slack, as it is not entirely a soap trope.

FINALLY some movement in the Tripp/Charlie/Allie story. I don't know if anyone else watched the American Crime Story on the Gianni Versace murder - Charlie in his glasses reminds me of the killer Andrew Cunanan and now I can't unsee it.

• Love 10

Show, Allie is not Sami especially since no one in her family seems to think that she is like her mother except being as stubborn as Sami.

Yes, Sami would lie on the witness stand especially if it meant getting back at the person who hurt her and she wouldn't hesitate for a moment or have a moral dilemna. We saw years of Sami's personality to develop to understand her makeup and what makes her tick. 

To have Allie smugly saying that she would lie and she would be believed over Tripp feels empty because prior to coming back to Salem, we saw Allie as a sweet little girl that loved her family (mom, dad, stepdad, siblings). Then she comes to town as a brat where she blames Sami for everything but refuses, tells everyone in Salem about her pregnancy and then her rape, but still keeps her mother clueless about what is going on.

I still don't know who Allie but it sure isn't the second coming of Sami Freaking Brady Dimera.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, nilyank said:

To have Allie smugly saying that she would lie and she would be believed over Tripp feels empty because prior to coming back to Salem, we saw Allie as a sweet little girl that loved her family (mom, dad, stepdad, siblings). Then she comes to town as a brat where she blames Sami for everything but refuses, tells everyone in Salem about her pregnancy and then her rape, but still keeps her mother clueless about what is going on.

And she has told multiple people what she did.  It doesn't have to be between her version and Ava and Tripp's version.  It's her lie vs. everyone who she told the truth to who might be called to the stand.  Is she going to make them commit perjury and say she didn't say that?

• Love 4

Uhoh.  Sibling rivalry... "My son"?  So is Ava saying that Charlie is not her son?  Their interaction was weird.

"It wasn't some big plan." So the gun just materialized in your hand?

I'm getting tired of Kayla's sour expression.

Belle and Allie don't act like they're related.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

They were best friends back in the day.  He tried to pretend that her baby with EJ was his so that EJ would leave Nicole alone till she lost the baby.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Uhoh.  Sibling rivalry... "My son"?  So is Ava saying that Charlie is not her son?  Their interaction was weird.

I still think he's her son.  I just think they were trying to be coy the whole episode until the end.

• Love 4

3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Plus, with the way Ron loves rape Charlie could be a product of rape. Hell, Ron would probably think that was clever. Charlie, the product of rape, impregnates someone he raped. 

Oh wow, this is good spec because yea it is right up Ron's alley. 

• Love 3

After finding Charlie a silly, goofy character(he's in his 20's, I assume, yet acts like he is about 15 with his 1st girlfriend), I actually found him interesting today, the actor showed some range in changing into a rather chilling, 'bad guy" vibe.  The back & forth between Charlie & Ava was interesting & intense.  I enjoyed Rafe & Nicole & their 'friend vibe".  And on a shallow note, I Loved Nicole's red velvet Christmas dress!

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

After finding Charlie a silly, goofy character(he's in his 20's, I assume, yet acts like he is about 15 with his 1st girlfriend), I actually found him interesting today, the actor showed some range in changing into a rather chilling, 'bad guy" vibe.  The back & forth between Charlie & Ava was interesting & intense.  I enjoyed Rafe & Nicole & their 'friend vibe".  And on a shallow note, I Loved Nicole's red velvet Christmas dress!

Same. I thought the actor was rather ordinary when he first started but today RC upped the ante with Charlie which was probably his intent. That said, every time he wears his glasses I keep think we’re going to lose him to the WB. He’s destined to play Superboy in the next reboot.  

• Love 1

So Charlie followed Tripp around London and Tripp never noticed? Charlie must be good. Or it's maybe that some women can sense when they are being watched and followed. You just feel it. He became a different man when the Clark Kent glasses came on.

Charlie didn't know that Allie had a kid? Ava was quite adamant that he was the father. Of course Tripp was lying. The save wasn't working. Ava can out him any time she likes and she will as she is still more devious than him. He does play the game of being a nice derpy guy well.

Shawn and Ben having a moment at the cemetery? Some sort of bonding to make Ben okay in people's eyes? Yeah, he maybe deserves to be alone.

Kayla, you are a professional who has to deal with all sorts of people at the hospital and in your life. I have had to work with people that I could not stand. But you smile and suck it up. Yeah, you can be angry at Tripp. Even if you don't believe him, you can maybe still recommend someone who he can talk to in terms of figuring out why the DNA test showed he was the baby's father. And maybe instead of being sour to him all the time, maybe give him a break. You don't have to love or like your family or really anyone. There are far more criminals you know in Salem who have 'committed' worse crimes.

Allie did seem rather smug talking to Claire. Does she have any idea what kind of testimony she'd have to provide? She would need to give some actual details. If it was a criminal trial, she may be faced with some very uncomfortable questions about anything she would remember about her attacker's body. She has no memory of that night, she was wasted and any details are fuzzy.

I liked seeing Rafe and Nicole talk and catch up. She does look good in velvet and the dress did not look cheap on her. Some velvet is not good quality.

• Love 3

I've enjoyed the last few episodes, mostly because they've centered on the Johnson family drama, the Deveraux family drama, and Xander, Philip, & Sarah. But also because there's been little to no Kristen, Brady, Lani, or Ben. Guess the fun had to come an end. If Hope can mourn Ciara offscreen, why can't Ben? What exactly is he adding to the show right now and where does he go from here? Did anyone even miss him while he was MIA these last few episodes. 

If the show's goal is to paint Tripp a as sympathetic character, I think they're doing a good job. Today alone we had Charlie looking mighty suspicious, Allie smugly saying she'll basically lie on the stand, and Kayla looking like she'd rather eat glass than have Tripp in her home. 

This dark side to Charlie makes him exponentially more interesting than he was before. I feel bad for Claire, who seems destine be unlucky in love yet again. Poor girl. I was thinking she should get together with Joey but then I remembered they're related. 

Speaking of Joey: this is my first time seeing him and I can't get over how much he does NOT look like Steve & Kayla. I think it's the hair. Something Joey said in yesterday's episode stuck with me; he said that he's either been alone for the last 4 years or he's been around people he didn't want to be near. The kid's got to have some serious issues from being in prison for so long and I hope they explore what being incarcerated did to him. I think it would interesting if Joey turned out to be the "bad" brother and Tripp turned out to be the "good" one, especially given who their mothers are. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Allie shouldn't be the second coming of Sami, though.  It makes to me that she would imagine herself to be like her mother but she falls short at almost every turn.  Much like Gwen talking to Stefano's portrait and imagining herself to be this dastardly villain, while her schemes are falling apart left and right.  

I appreciated the juxtaposition of Nicole's celebratory tone when realizing Allie wasn't going to be facing charges for a crime she did commit with Allie almost gleefully explaining how her civil suit will make Tripp pay for a crime he claims he didn't commit.  

There was so much going on the Charlie/Ava scenes that I could barely care what was going on with the rest of the characters.  If Ava has always referred to Tripp as "my son", that would explain a lot if Charlie is also her son.  

In defense of the actor, it makes some sense to me, now, that the whole SweetCharlie routine felt more like a simulation of a sweet guy than an actual sweet guy.  

If they're actually going to explore what happens to a person after the structured existence of four years in prison, then the wooden line delivery of the actor who plays Joey might start to work for me.  It's possible that's what he's doing now and I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt but that's primarily because I recall not liking him before.  I'm really hoping they do something with how his perceived notion of how much better life would be after prison isn't as great as he imagined, as I've seen a documentary that was an interesting exploration of this.  

• Love 5