Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

And shut up Julie. Are we sure those two aren't related?

They really should have established that Janet had vision problems if she was going to fail to notice the biggest person in the room disappearing. She was even facing a mirror on the mantle that was reflecting the doorway in it when Brady snuck out! And then she turned around for Claire's reading! Blind much?

Speaking of vision problems...why did Charlie suddenly have glasses at the start of the episode...and then suddenly not?

Shawn has been in so many life and death situations, he should have been the one suggesting they go along with the wedding....not arguing against it and risking Belle's life.

• Love 3

The show was interrupted today by a COVID update and I really can't decide which raises my blood pressure more:  this pandemic or this show and given who was on this show today...

After seeing Eli's "I really screwed up" I'm glad I didn't watch last week when he was making sense. I knew it wouldn't last.  And Lani, just get together with Kristen will you....?

What is Jan's end game here?  I mean, once she releases Belle, does she really think Shawn will do anything other than arrest her?

• Love 5

Friendships can be very strong especially women friendships.  Just Lani and Kristin don’t have the history of a Jennifer/Hope/Kayla.  Also maybe it’s just they way I view it Lani seems to be a better friend to Kristin than Kristin is to her. 

usually I don’t mind Julie today just was just wrong and Abe should have told her to shut up and mind her own business .  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Friendships can be very strong especially women friendships.  Just Lani and Kristin don’t have the history of a Jennifer/Hope/Kayla.  Also maybe it’s just they way I view it Lani seems to be a better friend to Kristin than Kristin is to her. 

usually I don’t mind Julie today just was just wrong and Abe should have told her to shut up and mind her own business .  

That's because it is that one sided... what exactly has Kristen done for Lani? If this was Jennifer/Kristen or Billie/Kristen I could buy it on some level we've seen their friendships on screen. Lani/Kristen? Not so much. Lani is twisting herself into a pretzel over someone who wouldn't do the same for her. As much as I would hate for this scenario JJ would've made more sense for Lani to cover stabbing Victor given their past history. At least I would get Lani's motivation a bit more and Eli being bothered by it as well for obvious reasons. However I don't want JJ anywhere near this story so I'm glad he was ignored.

As for Julie its OOC for her to even take Lani's side. There is no instance where she would take Lani's side over Eli's. Even if Eli was wrong here(which sorry show I don't agree) Julie wouldn't care she would be on his side.  If anything Julie would try and get Eli to sue for custody and find someone else. 

29 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

It is a damn shame how the show is emasculating Eli in the name of a POS like Kristen.  Eli deserves better and we deserve a better writer than Ron.

This is why you don't want your faves to ever be nice or stick around this is inevitable even if Shawn becomes the PC of Salem he would be emasculated and dumbed down for plot as well..

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This is why you don't want your faves to ever be nice or stick around this is inevitable even if Shawn becomes the PC of Salem he would be emasculated and dumbed down for plot as well..

For some bizarre reason the show loves to emasculate the good guys and it was not always like this. Roman, Bo, Shane were intelligent  flawed men who meant well after all is said and done.

30 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Female friendships are strong but Lani does not want just friendship with Kristen, she acts like she wants her sexually... If the show was smart, they would have written it as a love story between the two women..

• Love 4

Unfortunately, Lani has the distinction of being the first (!) African American Woman to marry an African American Man on screen in Days' 55 year history. As such, her "turning gay" for Kristen would probably create a bit of a stink. I don't know what percentage of the show's audience is AA, but it's a community that has struggled with the gay acceptance and equality...and I can't imagine Lani making out with Kristen weeks after marrying Eli would go over well at all, even if their bond began prior to the wedding. If she was the second or third AA woman to marry an AA man on this show then fine, maybe it wouldn't be a big deal. But the Eli/Lani wedding, unbelievably, was one for the history books. And yet, the writing here is pretty darn clear. She loves Kristen irrationally. But the show won't go there.

I definitely think it's the best storyline option for Lani at this point though. She's been compelling in no other fashion than as Kristen's would-be, deeply-in-denial GF. Honestly, they should have just recast the role years ago. If they had, maybe the writing would have gone in different directions (not that I feel the writers really write to the actor's strengths anymore, but...)

....so I guess this means Abe and Lexie never married on screen? Seriously? I find that hard to believe. Why not? They were together for like...15 years, no? Were they introduced as an already married couple? And they never even renewed their vows? Huh.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Unfortunately, Lani has the distinction of being the first (!) African American Woman to marry an African American Man on screen in Days' 55 year history. As such, her "turning gay" for Kristen would probably create a bit of a stink. I don't know what percentage of the show's audience is AA, but it's a community that has struggled with the gay acceptance and equality...and I can't imagine Lani making out with Kristen weeks after marrying Eli would go over well at all, even if their bond began prior to the wedding. If she was the second or third AA woman to marry an AA man on this show then fine, maybe it wouldn't be a big deal. But the Eli/Lani wedding, unbelievably, was one for the history books. And yet, the writing here is pretty darn clear. She loves Kristen irrationally. But the show won't go there.

I definitely think it's the best storyline option for Lani at this point though. She's been compelling in no other fashion than as Kristen's would-be, deeply-in-denial GF. Honestly, they should have just recast the role years ago. If they had, maybe the writing would have gone in different directions (not that I feel the writers really write to the actor's strengths anymore, but...)

....so I guess this means Abe and Lexie never married on screen? Seriously? I find that hard to believe. Why not? They were together for like...15 years, no? Were they introduced as an already married couple? And they never even renewed their vows? Huh.

Nope Abe has never had an on screen wedding yes they were introduced as an already married couple.  Up until Lexie was revealed to be Stefano/Celeste's daughter Lexie and Abe were just peripheral token characters to the white characters on this show.

Even though Eli/Lani aren't as much as they should be they got way more than Abe/Lexie did on this show.

50 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

For some bizarre reason the show loves to emasculate the good guys and it was not always like this. Roman, Bo, Shane were intelligent  flawed men who meant well after all is said and done.

That's too much effort to write its easier to write a villain than a complex decent person like you said the show used to feature those characters.... that's not interesting to today's soap writer and the audience has tuned out.

• Love 2

Nope Abe has never had an on screen wedding yes they were introduced as an already married couple.  Up until Lexie was revealed to be Stefano/Celeste's daughter Lexie and Abe were just peripheral token characters to the white characters on this show.

Ha! WOW. Geez louise. Imagine that. Imagine being the only veteran performer on a soap opera you've worked on for decades who hasn't had a single wedding...whereas all of your costars have had a minimum of what...five? That's what soaps ARE. Weddings and more weddings and more weddings. It's their bread and butter. And don't tell me for a second that they just felt like Abe was too loyal to Lexie to ever remarry or for them to ever divorce. They just didn't want an AA man front-and-center for a wedding ceremony on this show.

Racism freaking sucks.

...for roughly how many years were they "window dressing" Canary? When did Abe and Lexie step into the spotlight?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Abe and Lexie either married when the characters were written off the show and then returned married, or they were married offscreen.

As for Eli and Lani making history as the first AA married onscreen couple in Days 55 year? That is embarrassing. Soaps that have been cancelled and all the other current soaps had  done this decades ago (in the case of B&B back in 2012). 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Give me a break, Black people are not that sensitive, they would not riot if Lani a Black woman was involved with another woman on a soap.

As far as same sex relationships being frowned upon by the Black community, it is a complex issue and this is not the right forum to talk about and it would be considered off-topic by the mods.

Wow, even 2012 is....incredibly lame.

I know racists get spooked by seeing interracial couples...but an AA couple? What's so spooky to them about that? AA people have been marrying for generations, it's nothing new.

*shakes head*

Now I'm annoyed all over again that Gabi and Eli aren't a thing because they were A) Hot, B) Likeable and C) interracial, and this show has no couples that check off all three of those boxes. Or even two of those boxes.

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

Give me a break, Black people are not that sensitive, they would not riot if Lani a Black woman was involved with another woman on a soap.

As far as same sex relationships being frowned upon by the Black community, it is a complex issue and this is not the right forum to talk about and it would be considered off-topic by the mods.

I would hope no one would bat an eye - this show has had gay characters before and it was handled pretty well - but I'm not part of the AA community and like I said I don't know where their comfort level is with that subject, not that everyone is in the same place just because of their ethnicity.

It is definitely a complex issue and I have little more to say on it - I only brought it up because Klani would be a big first on a show that has taken its sweet time with firsts as far as the AA characters are concerned.

11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ha! WOW. Geez louise. Imagine that. Imagine being the only veteran performer on a soap opera you've worked on for decades who hasn't had a single wedding...whereas all of your costars have had a minimum of what...five? That's what soaps ARE. Weddings and more weddings and more weddings. It's their bread and butter. And don't tell me for a second that they just felt like Abe was too loyal to Lexie to ever remarry or for them to ever divorce. They just didn't want an AA man front-and-center for a wedding ceremony on this show.

Racism freaking sucks.

...for roughly how many years were they "window dressing" Canary? When did Abe and Lexie step into the spotlight?

Well I've watched Days since the 80s with my mom and Abe/Lexie didn't start to come around till sometime in the 90s (late 80s Abe was with Tamara then there was Nikki Wade).  Stefano was revealed to be Lexie's father in the mid to late 90s so it was at least a couple of on screen years that was the case. Although they teased Lexie/Jonah(Abe's brother) having an affair nothing came of it though. James was also on Generations for a while but they had Marcus who was Steve's foster brother and he had side stories nothing as far as leading man material. They seemed to tease the idea of maybe Marcus/Carly but CC said they weren't going to go there(even though she supported the idea).  

Jonah/Wendy were around briefly mostly it was as a supporting role for Austin/Carrie. There was also Nurse Lynn and some other AA chick that Lucas was paired with both short lived.

2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would hope no one would bat an eye - this show has had gay characters before and it was handled pretty well - but I'm not part of the AA community and like I said I don't know where their comfort level is with that subject, not that everyone is in the same place just because of their ethnicity.

It is definitely a complex issue and I have little more to say on it - I only brought it up because Klani would be a big first on a show that has taken its sweet time with firsts as far as the AA characters are concerned.

I wouldn't mind it because I can FF both characters at the same time but also the show is already on death's door they might as well go out swinging.. this would be a way to do so. I mean what's the worst that could happen people not watch? They aren't watching now and we're in a pandemic.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wow, even 2012 is....incredibly lame.

I know racists get spooked by seeing interracial couples...but an AA couple? What's so spooky to them about that? AA people have been marrying for generations, it's nothing new.

*shakes head*

Now I'm annoyed all over again that Gabi and Eli aren't a thing because they were A) Hot, B) Likeable and C) interracial, and this show has no couples that check off all three of those boxes. Or even two of those boxes.

I don't think AA couples really bother the audience as much as people think but they also aren't going to die on that hill either. Days has always been the most conservative of the remaining soaps left plus the show had white characters that overshadowed anyone else that has come and gone through the years. They probably didn't feel the need to write for character they had no interest in(which I think is the real reason tbh). Although I don't get why soaps aren't diverse after all these years.. I mean I think GH has improved in that regard but that seems to be the only one of the ones left too bad the show revolves around 3 characters.

3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would hope no one would bat an eye

I don't think it'd necessarily be because one demographic is any more homophobic than another (the biggest obstacle is the execs it sounds like) but rather because of a scarcity issue. Eli and Lani are a beautiful and young AA couple.  The only one DOOL has and one of the few in daytime.  I don't watch other shows but they could possibly be the most popular AA couple in daytime. To break that up so the female half of the couple can enter into an interracial same sex relationship could definitely raise some feathers.

I do think a triangle, though, would have the power to create a lot of buzz.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't think it'd necessarily be because one demographic is any more homophobic than another (the biggest obstacle is the execs it sounds like) but rather because of a scarcity issue. Eli and Lani are a beautiful and young AA couple.  The only one DOOL has and one of the few in daytime.  I don't watch other shows but they could possibly be the most popular AA couple in daytime. To break that up so the female half of the couple can enter into an interracial same sex relationship could definitely raise some feathers.

Currently? Devon/Elena of Y&R seem to be popular and have the best storyline on the show however probably.

Of all time? Jesse/Angie on AMC an honorable mention to Neil/Dru on Y&R.

I agree they should do an Eli/Lani/Kristen/Brady quad but with a twist where Kristen/Lani are an option as an item. This would be a groundbreaking story on the show and as you mentioned create buzz which is something this show needs.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

You know it's bad when Kristen is the voice of reason. I like how she pointed out she was going to the clink regardless, so her deal with Eli just saved Lani the same fate. And Julie? The less said, the better. Trying to make Eli the bad guy is just pointless and I hope nobody is buying it.

How many rehashes of Jan's obsession with Shawn has this show gone through? I know it's not quite the same amount of Stefano's obsession with Marlena, but it's equally as nauseating and overplayed.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wasn't being snarky with you, I just get tired of Black people being labeled as virulent homophobes, there are homophobes in every community.

Edited by Pearson80
26 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Currently? Devon/Elena of Y&R seem to be popular and have the best storyline on the show however probably.

Of all time? Jesse/Angie on AMC an honorable mention to Neil/Dru on Y&R.

No way was I going to argue all time fave.  Ha.  But thank you, I don't watch Y&R. I know who Devon is but didn't know he had a popular pairing.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Speaking of vision problems...why did Charlie suddenly have glasses at the start of the episode...and then suddenly not?

He took them out of his pocket and put them back on to look at the picture of Belle on Jan's phone, which cracked me up lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

You know it's bad when Kristen is the voice of reason. I like how she pointed out she was going to the clink regardless, so her deal with Eli just saved Lani the same fate. And Julie? The less said, the better. Trying to make Eli the bad guy is just pointless and I hope nobody is buying it.

How many rehashes of Jan's obsession with Shawn has this show gone through? I know it's not quite the same amount of Stefano's obsession with Marlena, but it's equally as nauseating and overplayed.

Jan's obsession with Shawn is worse because that's all her existence is based on and she's never moved on. At least Stefano was with other women and got past Marlena at some point(despite that lame Stevano revisit) plus he tormented other people that weren't Marlena and family. Jan could torment other people I think it would be interesting if she and JJ crossed paths tbh. Maybe she can get him to the dark side again.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

No way was I going to argue all time fave.  Ha.  But thank you, I don't watch Y&R. I know who Devon is but didn't know he had a popular pairing.

Devon/Hilary were better but people seem to like Devon/Elena too. Bryton James plays Devon(also known as Lil Ritchie on Family Matters) speaking of Hilary. Mishael Morgan would've made a great addition to this show as either a Lani recast or a former flame of Eli's to give Lani competition. Lamon Archey and Mishael Morgan played love interests on Y&R years ago.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

This Jan invading the wedding went on way too long.

So Julie seems okay with Kristen being allowed to escape punishment?

And ... non-news news.

I agree. Everyone just standing around just sucked up all the drama from Friday's episode.

• Love 1

As I sat today watching Julie and her worse than ever harpy ways, I thought, "Why is she still on screen?" And then I remembered that she's become Days's matriarch and that reminded me just how far the show has fallen when this nosey as hell bitch who gives lousy advice and bosses everyone around replaces sweet Alice Horton and her donuts. 

6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Shut up Lani

Yes she gets more and more insufferable every time she whines about Eli.  She (and Julie) want Eli to consult Lani about everything he does but hey it's okay if Lani lets a guilty suspect go free w/out consulting Eli, both her personal and professional partner. I thought both marriages and police partnerships were reliant on trust but it seems that Queen Julie and Princess Lani know better.

6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I actually liked teen Shelle they had chemistry and were genuinely sweet but they don't work as adults as I feel Belle is way too ambitious for him and Shawn seemed more into her than vice versa. This time around I actually believe Belle loves him so they don't bother me nearly as much as before. They are also one of the saner characters on this show who act like actual people.

I liked teen Shelle too and thought they had good chemistry.  For me though, it's always been the actors for these parts that was key. Jason Cook and Kristin Storms worked together and rocked the cute first time romance thing. Heck, Jason Cook is the only Shawn for me. I'm not a BB fan. And on that note, I just don't feel it when Shelle is BB and MM. I find MM has more chemistry with Philip when played by JKJ.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Shawn has been in so many life and death situations, he should have been the one suggesting they go along with the wedding....not arguing against it and risking Belle's life.

I had to laugh at the irony that Shawn and John were flexing their cop/spy training muscles in front of awkward Charlie on Friday to intimidate him and then proved today that they couldn't even take out a deranged, unarmed woman in a wedding dress in their own living room. Like how hard would it have been for Shawn and Brady to just tackle her and tie her ass to a chair?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So, all four dudes at the wedding could not tackle Janet? Claire could have bumped in to her accidentally, jarred her, and then boom, she's captured. Shawn is a cop, John a retired ISA agent, Brady has muscles and Charlie could be a distraction.

I was surprised that the dress fit so well and it wasn't too big or too tight.

Janet never noticed that Brady slipped out?

Lani, shut up. You are a cop and you married a cop. You are also having twins soon so maybe your focus should be on that and that he put your best friend in jail. It's sad when Kristen is using common sense with her deluded friend.

Julie, shut up. Your opinion is not wanted or welcome. 

Eli, you deserve better.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I wasn't being snarky with you, I just get tired of Black people being labeled as virulent homophobes, there are homophobes in every community.

Oh absolutely. Hopefully that was clear in what I was saying.

6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Eli and Lani are a beautiful and young AA couple.  The only one DOOL has and one of the few in daytime.  I don't watch other shows but they could possibly be the most popular AA couple in daytime. To break that up so the female half of the couple can enter into an interracial same sex relationship could definitely raise some feathers.

Exactly. Well put. And I'd also be in favor of it, if they could write in all the nuance...but they won't. And yet - Hello! Lani couldn't possibly be more overt in her devotion!

...is this what it was like watching Patrick/EJ or Will/EJ...where there was obviously stuff going on but it was never stated?

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He took them out of his pocket and put them back on to look at the picture of Belle on Jan's phone, which cracked me up lol.

Really? I missed the logic of that. Thanks.

I'll give the boys a pass on tackling Janet because maybe she'd have to make a call after the ceremony to tell her goon to keep Belle alive or something. If they knock her out or piss her off, she may leave Belle to rot.

But still....sad that a psychiatrist and two cops can't turn this situation around. 

Interesting how Claire was supposed to do that reading that everyone does at weddings...instead of a song. Have we heard the recast sing yet? Wasn't she talking about a song for Ciara's memorial? Did she sing there? I skipped a bunch of episodes.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Shawn saying anything nice to Chelsea surprises me I remember when he wanted to throw her out of St. Luke's when she showed up (I think it was Zach's funeral) I cheered.

I actually liked teen Shelle they had chemistry and were genuinely sweet but they don't work as adults as I feel Belle is way too ambitious for him and Shawn seemed more into her than vice versa. This time around I actually believe Belle loves him so they don't bother me nearly as much as before. They are also one of the saner characters on this show who act like actual people.

WOW - a Chelsea mention! It's just so sad/dispiriting how Show has to turn itself into a pretzel to explain why key family members aren't around for weddings, funerals, etc. (big Life Moments).

8 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I liked teen Shelle too and thought they had good chemistry.  For me though, it's always been the actors for these parts that was key. Jason Cook and Kristin Storms worked together and rocked the cute first time romance thing. Heck, Jason Cook is the only Shawn for me. I'm not a BB fan. And on that note, I just don't feel it when Shelle is BB and MM. I find MM has more chemistry with Philip when played by JKJ.

Yep -  this is when I shipped Belle and Shawn, when they were portrayed by Storms/Cooke. They were each others' first love and I'd like Show to have just one example where First Loves stood the test of time. 

An aside:  every so often I rewatch selected Carly/Lawrence episodes because they are my absolute fave non-traditional couple and it's so weird to see young Shawn D. compared to the Shawn we see now. So cute when young Shawn calls Bo "poppa" and now he's a poppa himself.

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'll give the boys a pass on tackling Janet because maybe she'd have to make a call after the ceremony to tell her goon to keep Belle alive or something. If they knock her out or piss her off, she may leave Belle to rot.

But still....sad that a psychiatrist and two cops can't turn this situation around. 

Yeah, that was how I read the situation too, so that's why I gave it a pass that ALL the folks in that room couldn't form up to take out Jan. 

• Love 1

I did legit LOL when Brady said "Oh now you're by the book?" to Eli.

I realize Phillip isn't going to be the one to suggest it, but you'd think Belle's first thought would be to call her husband or parents and explain what happened. But then of course, how else would we get the "Shawn discovers Belle in Phillip's room wearing lingerie" confrontation?!

• Love 1

Shh, Claire, you need to stop spouting truths to the crazy woman.

Brady and Eli break in and gasp.  End of show.  They gasp again.  There's nothing there.  Uh, what?

Suzanne Rogers must be doing her own hair.

When did Xarah become the Keystone Kops?

Charlie, you say you're glad you were there to protect Claire, but I sure didn't see any protecting going on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

I realize Phillip isn't going to be the one to suggest it, but you'd think Belle's first thought would be to call her husband or parents and explain what happened. But then of course, how else would we get the "Shawn discovers Belle in Phillip's room wearing lingerie" confrontation?!

She did tell him to call them but none of them answered their phones,

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

True. It just seemed delayed. Then again, I've never woken up in my ex's bed after being drugged by the lady who is obsessed with my husband. So perhaps I should give her the benefit of the doubt.

• LOL 5

Did John kill Jan?  It certainly looks that way given the Marlena was standing at the end of the episode.  But then again, maybe not.  If she were, that would've been the great cliffhanger. 

And I guess I'll post this under spoilers because I think I skimmed spoilers but clearly didn't read past what happened today.

Spoiler

I know Jan is leaving and so she'll probably die. I just didn't expect John to potentially be the one to kill her.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

When Belle woke up, one of the VERY FIRST things she should have done was call (or ask Phillip to call) Shawn, her mom and her dad to make sure they knew she was okay, and to check if THEY were OK. You don't spend 10, 15, or however minutes to explain what happened. That can come later, since Belle had no way of knowing what was going on with her loved ones, and what they knew/didn't know about what happened to her. That way, if emergency services (ambulance, police) were needed, time wouldn't be spent wasted doing a recap to a bystander. Such stupid, stupid, dumb -  did I say stupid? writing!!!😖

1 hour ago, SnK said:

The drama that is supposed to come from this Jan wedding stuff is escaping me.   It's amusing at at times but other than that its meh for me

Yes, for me, the whole Jan saga seems more like a cartoon...I cant take it seriously, am I supposed to be laughing at her pathetic attempt to make Shawn love her?  I'm not finding it interesting.

The best part of today's show, for me, was Xander & Sarah running around like "spies" in "Amanda's" apartment looking for clues & then Xander saying he wanted to "peek at Amanda in the shower" & Sarah being mad about that, lol.  

• Love 2

Thanks to NBC news interruptions I only saw the first and last ten minutes of today's show. In that time I was still struck by the chemistry between MM and JKJ and the lack of chemistry between MM and BB, reunited or not. Maybe it was just MM and JKJ alone w/MM in lingerie but I found myself kinda glad she didn't get to marry Shawn. 

Also can John please go strangle Ava next? Pretty please. 

• Love 1
On 11/23/2020 at 7:50 PM, Peanut6711 said:

Jason Cook is the only Shawn for me. I'm not a BB fan. And on that note, I just don't feel it when Shelle is BB and MM. I find MM has more chemistry with Philip when played by JKJ.

I know this sounds nuts but while BB works for me as Hope's son, only JC works for me as Bo's son and Caroline's grandson. 

• Love 4

You guys were not kidding about Maggie's hair (wig?). She really should condition that dried bird's nest.

I noticed Philip walk very strangely today. First when he walked out of the living room and then when he walked down the stairs. He walked like a 70 year old man, not a man in his 40's. At first I though it was yet another weird acting chose by JKJ, but then I remembered Philip has an artificial leg. Could it be the show/actor are suddenly remembering this little fact?

How did Jan get an unconscious Belle into the Kiriakis mansion, up the stairs, and into Philip's room without anyone (not security, staff, or the dozen occupants) seeing her? Now I'm imagining Jan strapping Belle to her back and climbing the trellis outside Philip's room and climbing in through the window. 

Claire and Charlie? Zero chemistry. I don't understand why so much time & energy is dedicated to them. And every time Claire calls Shawn "dad", I just don't buy it because she looks like Belle's slightly younger sister, not their daughter.

John needs professional help (not Marlena) because I doubt this is the last time he'll attack someone when they anger him. Dude is becoming a menace.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I agree, @bunnyblue. How did Jan get deadweight Belle out of the hotel room, down the elevator, out the door of the hotel or to the parking garage, drive to the Kiriakis mansion, and lug her up the steps to Philip's room? Maybe the mansion has an elevator? She'd be sweaty and worn out and probably have a serious back injury.

Philip, instead of going through Belle's story with her, you call the police after she said that Jan did this to her and ask if anyone has reported her missing. Then you chat about what happened.

Brady and Eli to the sort of rescue! John maybe needs to spend some time in an extended care hospital. His semi strangling of Jan was a bit much.

The whole Jan story has been all sorts of stupid.

There was nothing in 'Ava's condo that gave any clues to her identity except that she is a size 2? The Keystone Kops are not doing a good job. Maybe Xander's friend at the prison can download a photo of the 'visitor' and send it to Xander. Surely he can grease a palm or two for that.

I thought Claire looked very thin. Maybe the actress is naturally thin. She doesn't have much chemistry with Charlie.

Maggie may need some layers cut in to her wig. It was looking unusually large today.

• Love 3

Gabi was able to move an unconscious Abigail around with ease, many moons ago, so perhaps Salem allows for SuperHuman strength when you have plot points to connect.  It seems to only work when dastardly deeds are in order, so don't go trying this at home, folks.

With unnecessary interruptions involved, I, too, only saw the first and last 10 minutes.  Did they actually show John strangling Janet Spears?  I've been waiting for John to kill someone since he woke up having Rage-Spasms®️ after that silly fight with Sami.  I'm sure that in the fine city of Salem, Rage-Spasms®️ are a valid defense for any and all crimes committed under their influence.  So let it be written, so let it be done.  

5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I cant take it seriously, am I supposed to be laughing at her pathetic attempt to make Shawn love her?  I'm not finding it interesting.

For as much as Carlivati loves his Plot-Point-Crazy-Women, he didn't even let Janet Spears try to get Shawn to love her.  She cast a bit of a spell over Claire but she didn't get to do much of anything with her beloved Shawn.  Poor Janet.  I suspect she was tossed aside by storyline potential with Tamara Braun returning as Ava Vitali.  

2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Claire and Charlie? Zero chemistry. I don't understand why so much time & energy is dedicated to them.

I'm almost amused by how hard the Show is trying to make "Charlie" happen.  Almost.

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Uh, what is going on with Claire and all the kissing? When she kissed Theo I was immediately taken out of it because I couldn't stop thinking about the COVID issues. I wondered if the scene was shot pre-COVID and then I decided maybe the actress and the actor playing Theo were allowed to kiss because they're dating in real life. But now she's had a kissing scene with Charlie. I thought the show was being careful with this stuff which is why Kate and Jake's stuff has been all fade to black as well as Kate's one-nighter with Jack, but that doesn't explain Claire's two kissing scenes. Man, I thought GH was horrible when it came to the way they've chosen to film things and COVID but I think Days is worse. Aside, from the kissing there doesn't seem to be any social distancing in the scenes and people are hugging like Kristen and Lani in Monday's episode.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I noticed Philip walk very strangely today. First when he walked out of the living room and then when he walked down the stairs. He walked like a 70 year old man, not a man in his 40's. At first I though it was yet another weird acting chose by JKJ, but then I remembered Philip has an artificial leg. Could it be the show/actor are suddenly remembering this little fact?

I noticed that too. It seemed he was taking stiff, larger steps. Very strange, and for a second there (when it appeared as if he were hunched over), I thought maybe he was emulating Victor.

• LOL 3

Philip does seem strangely weathered. I also wonder if they accelerated things with Jan because they knew Ava had signed back on.

How much blame for John's actions is Sami going to eventually get? You know they'll put this on her....

I hope they actually do reveal that Jan had an accomplice. There's no way she got Belle to the mansion and put on that dress within 20 minutes. 

Xander being naughty is my favorite Xander.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Uh, what is going on with Claire and all the kissing? When she kissed Theo I was immediately taken out of it because I couldn't stop thinking about the COVID issues. I wondered if the scene was shot pre-COVID and then I decided maybe the actress and the actor playing Theo were allowed to kiss because they're dating in real life. But now she's had a kissing scene with Charlie. I thought the show was being careful with this stuff which is why Kate and Jake's stuff has been all fade to black as well as Kate's one-nighter with Jack, but that doesn't explain Claire's two kissing scenes. Man, I thought GH was horrible when it came to the way they've chosen to film things and COVID but I think Days is worse. Aside, from the kissing there doesn't seem to be any social distancing in the scenes and people are hugging like Kristen and Lani in Monday's episode.

Agree, this does not come across like a show who values the health and safety of their cast. I'm sure I saw writing guidelines for the soaps released before they could resume filming and it said to avoid writing fighting and intimate scenes. Days has done both. And they have Ron....so I guess that explains it. 

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

How much blame for John's actions is Sami going to eventually get? You know they'll put this on her....

Yep, they would totally blame Sami for this too. Though since she's currently off screen they might revert to their new second favorite scapegoat, Eli. Just wait till Lanni is called to the scene. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yep, they would totally blame Sami for this too. Though since she's currently off screen they might revert to their new second favorite scapegoat, Eli. Just wait till Lanni is called to the scene. 

While Sami shouldn't necessarily get blamed for John's actions, I can easily see her getting blamed for what happened and people would actually have a point. She was the one who was so desperate to get custody of Henry (something that she ended up dropping not that soon after) that she helped facilitate Jan's release without a thought to how it might affect Belle or her family and when confronted about it basically just shrugged it off. I can see Belle continuing to be pissed at Sami over this and I think she'd have the right to be.

• Love 1