Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 11/13/2020 at 4:33 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I almost feel bad for Eli here being stuck with her if I liked him more I'd be angrier about him being stuck with her. I'm just glad JJ is not involved.

Hear!  Hear!  As a JJ fan, I'm glad he's out of that whole mess. I wonder how long the actor will be on DOOL this time around, and what storyline(s) he will have. 

On 11/14/2020 at 8:57 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

Well its a soap and this is Days where they have Kate being a woman men of all ages can't resist, Marlena possessed by the devil etc so this isn't that unrealistic in comparison plus years ago Lawrence raped Jennifer in Alamania and was prosecuted in Salem... despite Lawrence owning Alamainia. This wouldn't be the first time.

LOL!  I still laugh every time we on this forum call that country Alamania. So weird the show was able to go YEARS without giving the country an official name. 

On 11/15/2020 at 9:25 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Anyway, I'm really bothered by Ava being alive because the show is throwing out months and years of storylines for the sake of...what? Think about everything that is no longer worth remembering: Joey killing Ava, the coverup, Tripp's revenge plot against Kayla, the head of the ISA flipping out over the coverup (Van Dorne was her name..?), Tripp murdering her to save everyone, Joey turning himself in and doing time, Tripp giving up his inheritance....all of that is now filler. Pointless. How many hours of writing and filming and us watching it have now been rendered utterly pointless? I guess this is how y'all felt when the Coleen/Santos storyline was handwaved abruptly so Brady and Theresa could bump uglies.

...I hate it when writers waltz in and wipe out of existence other people's work...build from what is already there, or just ignore it and build something new.

The highlight has been Belle wanting to remarry Shawn...but why was the scene all of two seconds long? This is a nice thing. A happy thing. A beautiful thing. The wife who cheated getting the other man out of their lives and promising herself to her husband again. That's the kind of resolution fans of this couple have been waiting for. So naturally...it gets no time.

ITA to all this.  What a freakin' waste of our time to invest in ANYTHING when it can all be undone just likethat! 

As for Belle & Shawn, I 🥰 this couple due to residual happy feels for the time they were played by Jason Cooke & Kirsten Storms. I hope they stay together for decades a la John & Marlena.  

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm going to be obsessed with how bad this Jack/Kate story is.  It would have been so much more interesting if Gwen had overheard something, misinterpreted and then invented a letter.  It'd show her as more calculating (and fun) but we'd still have a similar story but keeping the characters in character.  Jack wouldn't cheat but he would develop a close friendship with a member of the opposite sex.

Re: the bolded, yeah, this whole ONS between Kate & Jack is just so, so, so stupid!  Jack seems to do female friendships pretty well on this show (Greta, Diana Colville) so why couldn't it have played out the way @Irlandesa wrote above? Dumb-a** DOOL!

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Hear!  Hear!  As a JJ fan, I'm glad he's out of that whole mess. I wonder how long the actor will be on DOOL this time around, and what storyline(s) he will have. 

LOL!  I still laugh every time we on this forum call that country Alamania. So weird the show was able to go YEARS without giving the country an official name. 

I think he'll be here till the end of the year. I can't imagine this show wanting him around after the holiday season.

Well it was either that or Ubilam(Malibu spelled backwards because that's where this was taped back when Days could afford to tape on location)

Lani, what are you wearing? You and Eli are expecting twins but have nothing for your babies? No cribs, no clothes, no diapers, nothing? Where are these kids going to fit inside JJ's studio apartment? I understand not jinxing anything, but you should have a few necessities, including a car seat for each of them!

You are whining about Kristen and what did Eli do? Got the truth out of her and put her in jail for her crimes. Too bad.

Ava Vitali showed up at the same Italian convent? Who else was in that warehouse?

Tripp did seem very sincere when he was talking to Allie. If he indeed did assault her, he is playing it cool.

Ava, you don't need to see Steve just yet.

Tripp did not need to know that his mother assaulted his dad.

Marlena, you should offer to hypnotize Allie and maybe she can remember parts of what really happened and not what she thinks happened.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Color me surprised that the show went there and called Ava a rapist--too bad they don't have the guts to call Kristen that as well--and Tripp's subsequent horrified reaction was well done.

The look on Kayla's face when Tripp said he couldn't believe his mother would do that (rape Steve) was the best moment of the episode.  Kayla wins!

7 hours ago, buffynut said:

But she's being ridiculous right now, as a) Kristen is guilty of stabbing Victor, not like being framed or something,  and b) if not for Eli, Lani would be in prison right now, and would either be about to give birth and raise her twins in prison, or give birth and say goodbye to her babies, and only see them on visiting days.

It works, for me, that Lani would see Kristin as a kind of innocent victim in all of this, even though to a rational observer Lani might look ridiculous,  The actresses have a certain chemistry with each other, and I think they've done a good job of establishing how their characters would create a narrative for each other that would be in opposition to their character's actual actions.  

If I were to go out on a limb, most of the episode was about people living through narratives that defy rational explanation.  Steve believing Tripp is innocent.  Tripp thinking it was a good idea to go to see Allie profess his innocence.  Ava thinking she still has a shot with Steve.  Kristin thinking the whole world revolves around her every emotion.  Oh wait, that's every episode.  

Honorable mention to the scenes with Allie and Tripp.  I thought they were well acted by both.  But I like Lindsay Arnold, and she seems like she'd be Sami's child, it's just that she's been given a really crappy storyline to navigate her way through.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, buffynut said:

Unlike others here, Lani hasn't bothered me much, in fact I like her, and I've liked her friendship with Kristen.  But she's being ridiculous right now, as a) Kristen is guilty of stabbing Victor, not like being framed or something,  and b) if not for Eli, Lani would be in prison right now, and would either be about to give birth and raise her twins in prison, or give birth and say goodbye to her babies, and only see them on visiting days.  Course if the visiting schedule is as open as Kristen's, that would probably be several times a day. LOL.

I liked Lani as well. I definitely rooted for her over Gabi, but this obsession with Kristen is making me loathe her. I maybe could have liked the friendship between Lani and Kristen - the actresses have chemistry - but they took it too far. It also doesn't help that I despise Kristen. What drives me even more up the wall about this storyline is the show actually portraying it that Lani is the aggrieved party here. It was ridiculous that Eli had to apologize for doing his job when he arrested Kristen initially. And, Lani's reasoning about Kristen being a mother meaning she doesn't belong in prison is monumentally stupid. Like I said, I rooted for Lani over Gabi but if Lani thinks being a mother means you should get off scot-free than she should never have wanted to see Gabi in prison since Gabi's a mother as well (and Gabi certainly also loves to use the "but I'm a mother" excuse for why she should never pay for anything.)

Surprisingly, I liked the scenes between Tripp and Allie. It's stupid for Tripp to go over there but I'm glad he asked her permission and didn't force his way in and apologized for grabbing her phone last time. The way the actor played the moment when Allie wouldn't close the door was great. I liked that he said what he needed to say and then left. I'm a little surprised the show hasn't bothered to show flashbacks to their night in London. I get they want to keep some "mystery" about what ultimately happened but we could still see the beginning like when Tripp and her got back to the apartment. We should see Allie trying to piece together more of the night. Though maybe she is starting to question things. When she was talking to Marlena and wasn't sure whether to believe Tripp she mentioned the DNA test and not her "memories" of that night.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It's rather unnerving how delusional Lani is in her regard for Kristen--none of Kristen's horrible crimes matter because she was super-nice to Lani while they were both hiding out in the convent.  And Eli is the worst for wanting Kristen to be held accountable for her crimes and to protect his wife and unborn kids.  Very strange.

Kate and Jake are massively gross--not because of their twenty year age difference but rather in their behavior.  Jake is so desperate for love and attention he'll debase himself with any willing female and Kate's under-handedness regarding her true intentions towards Jake are not sitting well with me. How's Jake going to feel when Chad's throws Kate's offering to keep an eye on Jake back in his face?  It's not going to be pretty.

I just realized that Lani's throwing Eli out of JJ's apartment while JJ's forced to stay at the DiMera mansion.  I would love it if JJ showed up and threw them both out.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It's rather unnerving how delusional Lani is in her regard for Kristen--none of Kristen's horrible crimes matter because she was super-nice to Lani while they were both hiding out in the convent.  And Eli is the worst for wanting Kristen to be held accountable for her crimes and to protect his wife and unborn kids.  Very strange.

I don't have a problem with Lani thinking Kristen has changed and wanting to support her. But, that's not the same as helping her escape the cops and getting mad at her husband for doing his job.  That would be more like helping to get her a lawyer and bring her cigarettes when she visits her in prison.

Edited by Katy M
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I had to fast forward the Eli and Lani scenes even though I want to be specific in my "Shut up, Lani" criticisms.  But it legit raises my blood pressure so "shut up, Lani!"

I still hate the story about the Jack/Kate but I did like their scenes today.  I still wish it had stayed platonic.  I also liked how mature JJ was being but the wrongness of the story was highlighted in Jennifer's complaints.  "He's only regretful that he got caught." Blergh.

• Love 2

I would like to add my voice to the chorus of saying shut up Lani!  Eli is too beautiful to deal with her..

I refuse to watch the show because of Ava Vitalli. I have taken a lot as a viewer but she is too much for me as Stayla fan. I have been reading the board to keep me informed on the show.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Kate and Jake are massively gross--not because of their twenty year age difference but rather in their behavior.  Jake is so desperate for love and attention he'll debase himself with any willing female and Kate's under-handedness regarding her true intentions towards Jake are not sitting well with me. How's Jake going to feel when Chad's throws Kate's offering to keep an eye on Jake back in his face?  It's not going to be pretty.

I just realized that Lani's throwing Eli out of JJ's apartment while JJ's forced to stay at the DiMera mansion.  I would love it if JJ showed up and threw them both out.

Isn't JJ staying at the Salem Inn? Since the Horton Mansion only exists around Christmas time apparently.  

The only way Lani can be salvaged in this story is if they delve into why she's so attached to Kristen because none of this makes her look good. At least Eli is standing his ground(won't last though).

In retrospect JJ should've been the one to stab Victor after all it was his lies that got Haley killed in the first place. JJ should've been vengeful instead of getting into drugs again. Lani protecting him would've made a lot more sense and caused real conflict between Eli/Lani given past history. Course I don't want JJ anywhere near Lani either so its best that didn't happen.

JJ is the only person that comes across well in this stupid storyline with Kate and his parents.

• Love 6

Neat idea on JJ stabbing Victor, Canary. I mean, yuck to Victor getting stabbed at all because I love John Aniston for sticking around this sinking ship in spite of his age and condition...and JJ stabbing anyone is silly after his accidental shooting of Theo....but JJ losing it and doing something stupid and Lani feeling responsible for helping him after their miscarriage situation would have at least made a bit better use of JJ.

Why is Kate and Jake's fling gross..? I've missed a lot of episodes, including the ones where they slept together (was it just after the Jack ONS reveal?) so I assumed it was just them being horny for each other. Was it a calculated move on her part to "watch him" for Chad? Is that something Chad is suddenly cool with - his pseudo-mother figure boinking guys he doesn't like, just to learn what their plans are?

Irlandesa, you really should go back online and watch the Eli/Lani scenes. Howmanywords is completely right - Eli does seem like he's finally seeing what a nutcase he's married too. If the show was wise they'd continue along this track because the man has nothing to apologize for and Lani is unstable as hell. Eli reminding Lani she's a cop today was everything. It was so satisfying. She needs a verbal smackdown but good.

And I'm sorry but that "I'm giving birth to twins next month" baby bump is pathetic. Is there no budget for a second sock to stuff under her blouse...?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, DisneyBoy said:

Irlandesa, you really should go back online and watch the Eli/Lani scenes. Howmanywords is completely right - Eli does seem like he's finally seeing what a nutcase he's married too. If the show was wise they'd continue along this track because the man has nothing to apologize for and Lani is unstable as hell. Eli reminding Lani she's a cop today was everything. It was so satisfying. She needs a verbal smackdown but good.

I'll consider it but I don't believe it.  I just think there was probably a good script writer today.  He'll probably be at her bedside apologizing as she gives birth and work to get Kristen out to "rectify" his mistake.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I would like to add my voice to the chorus of saying shut up Lani!  Eli is too beautiful to deal with her..

I refuse to watch the show because of Ava Vitalli. I have taken a lot as a viewer but she is too much for me as Stayla fan. I have been reading the board to keep me informed on the show.

Amen to this! I can't stand the character of Ava either. I don't even know why I'm still watching since she reappeared on screen.  She is a mix of a been-there-done-that Marina rehash, a nasty piece of work, and a straight out nutcase.  There's no value to her character.  I wish they'd retconn her whole existence. 

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is Kate and Jake's fling gross..? I've missed a lot of episodes, including the ones where they slept together (was it just after the Jack ONS reveal?) so I assumed it was just them being horny for each other. Was it a calculated move on her part to "watch him" for Chad? Is that something Chad is suddenly cool with - his pseudo-mother figure boinking guys he doesn't like, just to learn what their plans are?

So far it was just once the night after everyone returned from the anniversary-coma party gone wild. But Jake is boning like a fourteen year old boy for another round so it will probably happen again.  Chad is in the dark so far about it so they are sneaking around like teenagers instead of the eye-roll worthy adults they are...supposed to be.  I assume Kate is just doing him cause she likes sex and isn't very discerning who it's with. As for Jake? He just suddenly seems to have been revamped from the tough Philly mechanic who used to run with the mob to a high schooler who just hit puberty and is hot for teacher.  Personally, I don't see any chemistry between them on top (no pun intended) of a romantic angle that's a little weird. 

• Love 7

I had no idea that Lani's 'babies' are due next month. She only looks maybe 5 months along. I can see February. She came across poorly. Yes, Kristen was nice to you for a while. Doesn't mean anything. As a cop you should know keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Just like a coworker sucking up to the HR person so the coworker can do whatever she wants, knowing full well nothing will happen to her. Eli rightfully called her out on her 'insane' behaviour. She needs a reality check. She should move out and not Eli. Although Eli may need a week or two's break from the Kristen love. It's almost like lady and the convict, with the convict rolling the meatball and both sharing a piece of spaghetti

Liked Princess Abs looking like crap as she woke up.

Why does Kate have an interest in Jake? Only man around now? Is she spying on him? Just looking for someone, anyone?

I understand Jennifer being hurt about her husband's 'betrayal'. However, she has shown zero consideration toward him or his experience of her being in a coma for a year. Not knowing if she will ever wake up, spending probably 16 hours a day at the hospital, having no friends to talk to, no family around who really cared. It drags on you. A lot. No support system for him. Just show up at the hospital and turn over the hourglass day in and day out in a dredged haze. Hours, days and months are nothing but a blur of basically existing. Yes, I would be hurt, but I also would step back and realize that my husband was in a living hell. And one night, for a few hours, he sought some human comfort. The husband who has been a stand-up man for many many years except when he was 'dead'.

Maybe Kate felt a bit valued when she got Jack's letter. Men have used her throughout her life and Jack was different.

Guess Gwen may be paying a visit to Dr. Rolf - suppose that is who she was talking about when she talked to Steffy. Surely someone can get an Elvis or other painting to hang in that spot and retire Steffy to the wine cellar.

• Love 1

There is at least one script writer who seems to be keenly aware of the complaints about individual characters, and tries to communicate that as some kind of self-aware dialogue for the characters.  

Today we had Abigail commenting that no one holds her responsible for her actions, which seems to be a major complaint about the character.

And, Eli tiptoed around how Lani's feelings and actions in regards to Kristen defy explanation, which is probably the closest we'll ever get to the show saying that Lani has deeply repressed romantic feelings for Kristen.  

Jake vs. Gwen is such fun.  I'd love for Kate to figure whatever Gwen is up to and wipe the floor with her.  The sound of glass houses breaking would make ears bleed.  

Casey Moss working with Cady McClain as his mother felt very much like how he worked with Melissa Reeves.  I loved it.  

• Love 7

I'm sorry all other DOOL players but the overwhelmingly obvious winner of the "Please, just jump up your own ass and die, you idiot" award goes to Lani Price-Grant. For runners-up Kristen and Brady as parting gift you can just share a nice tall glass of Shut the Fuck Up.

While Lani was definitely insufferable, I was so, so, so glad that Eli stood his ground and called her on all of her bullshit. Him letting her know he wasn't sorry, that Kristen was a cancer, and of course he choose his wife over her, and then just walking away to go get a ham sandwich or something out of the fridge - LOVE! Even if it doesn't last, I'm glad we got that at least.

I don't know if it's the writers or Lani but she was all over the place in her reasoning of why she was truly mad. It was mostly about poor Kristen and how she didn't deserve to go to jail for a crime she ACTUALLY COMMITTED and how dare Eli betray her by going behind her back and do his job. Then she was more mad about him lying to her about it. Then she pretended to be a feminist outraged that Eli (and her dad) patronized her and treated her as a crazy pregnant woman. I think deep down she must know she doesn't have a leg to stand on in her outrage.

As someone who did like Lani, it will be hard to redeem her. Not that what she's done is unforgivable - not on a show with these characters and the things they've done - but it's still going to be hard. It would help if she realized what a horrible person Kristen is but even if she didn't realize that she would have to realize that Kristen is not exempt from going to jail just because she's a mother and just because she helped Lani out. She has to realize it was wrong of her to try and shame Eli for doing his job. I think she also should lose her job. If she truly doesn't care about the law and thinks her friends should be exempt from being held accountable she has no business being a cop. She can be a private eye or something.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

There is at least one script writer who seems to be keenly aware of the complaints about individual characters, and tries to communicate that as some kind of self-aware dialogue for the characters.  

Yep.  It reminded me a bit of when Sheri Anderson would write the scripts for the episode.  Or harkening back to 90s GH, when Patrick Mulcahey would be in charge of the scripts.  You could always tell when it was one of his episodes because all the characters got a point of view, even the otherwise designated "losers/bad guys" (even though the "heroes" tended to be worse).

Not that anything written today was anywhere close to that but there were moments of sanity in the writing where it was clear the writer understood who he/she was writing for and talking about instead of some paint by the numbers scripts.  The only time I didn't feel that was with Jennifer's dialogue about Jack.  That's "Betrayed Wife 101" writing but not really rooted in who either of them is. Other than that, however....

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Rafael said:

Dear Carlivati 

Kristen  cannot suddenly be a good person just because she had a baby. ......

It's called "personal growth"...and not necessarily because she gave birth.

• Love 1

I don't thing they're really showing any 'personal growth' in Kristen though. She's still doing the same shit. She isn't trying to/succeeding in killing anyone currently though so I guess that is technically growth lol.

I love the Kate/Jake/Chad/Gwen/Abigail stuff. It's mostly just fun and that's really what I'm interested in.

I don't remember anything else from yesterday's ep lol.

12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I had no idea that Lani's 'babies' are due next month. She only looks maybe 5 months along. I can see February...

I understand Jennifer being hurt about her husband's 'betrayal'. However, she has shown zero consideration toward him or his experience of her being in a coma for a year. Not knowing if she will ever wake up, spending probably 16 hours a day at the hospital, having no friends to talk to, no family around who really cared. It drags on you. A lot. No support system for him. Just show up at the hospital and turn over the hourglass day in and day out in a dredged haze. Hours, days and months are nothing but a blur of basically existing. Yes, I would be hurt, but I also would step back and realize that my husband was in a living hell. And one night, for a few hours, he sought some human comfort. The husband who has been a stand-up man for many many years except when he was 'dead'.

Maybe Kate felt a bit valued when she got Jack's letter. Men have used her throughout her life and Jack was different.

Guess Gwen may be paying a visit to Dr. Rolf - suppose that is who she was talking about when she talked to Steffy. Surely someone can get an Elvis or other painting to hang in that spot and retire Steffy to the wine cellar.

See - exactly. Acting like Jack betrayed her because he's a sucky womanizer isn't fair since he was miserable, doesn't love Kate at all and was possibly in store for years of sitting there followed by Jennifer dying. It still stinks he did it, and that Kate was (completely unbelievably, considering how sweaty and nasty he looked) game for it (seriously, how did weepy Jack even get it up?) but whatever.

If Miss Priss wouldn't have been upset with him moving on after her death (not that I would put it past her because, hello, hypocrite!), why would she be screaming and fretting about the fact that he slept with someone for one night to possibly keep from killing himself or something while it seemed for months like she was dead? What if it had been a hooker instead? I just don't see the big deal here. It's not like he pounced someone on day two.

Jennifer, the man has been DEAD for like, nine years. Aren't you glad he just exists again? Can't you be a mature grown-ass woman and say "this sucks, but whatever, let's move on, we both almost died and are lucky to be together still, I've endured worse and I'm too old for tantrums" instead of wailing like the girl at the prom who caught her boyfriend behind the bleachers with another girl after he gave her his letterman's jacket!111!! OMG!

This would work better for me if it was cumulative frustration from Jennifer over Jack getting to bone Eve for months "because amnesia" and now getting to bone Kate "because grief" while she just sits there being loyal to them. (Except, Daniel back in the day, but whatever.)

I'm just sick of Ron's way of writing characters, like he just decides "I want Maggie to scream at John!" and then contrives reasons for that to happen. I mean, I like a good slap as much as another soap viewer, but Ron doesn't even try to make them motivated. The good slaps feel good (Marlena to Kristen in the Square circa Xmas 2012, delicious)...not forced. Now we seem to get one a month and they're just cheesy. He's literally turned John into a rage machine for no clear reason other than it makes it easier for Ron to write in pointless fights.

I agree that it was nice to acknowledge the weirdness of Kate keeping the letter by basically having her say "it seems like no one feels I help them". Believable. Kate really lives an outwardly beautiful but inwardly sad life. Sleeping with Jack confirms that.

I am annoyed they keep dragging the Stefano portrait from the real Living Room set to this Sitting Room whenever they feel the need to pack up the big DiMansion set. Nobody moves a painting around from room to room depending on where they spend more time this month. It's weird. I say, leave it in the Sitting Room since that's where he died (kinda) and free up the wall space downstairs for something else. This really isn't the Stefano Show anymore and whenever I see Z-list characters like Gwen conversing with the portrait in some attempt to legitimize her importance to the narrative I just roll my eyes. Honey, you ain't shit in the grand scheme of things. The Phoenix would be the first to say it.

(Although I do agree I'm enjoying the actress more as "the schemer in the mansion". If only they'd show her with the kids, that would help matters. Plenty of potential to be manipulative and creepy with little helpless kids - why isn't Ron writing to that?)

And of course Lani's babies will have to be premature because...originality. I've been watching again for a couple of years and I swear none of the babies were born without some kind of life-threatening circumstances involved. Wait...maybe baby Henry? I can't remember. Was that an easy/normal birth for Allie?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

So far it was just once the night after everyone returned from the anniversary-coma party gone wild. But Jake is boning like a fourteen year old boy for another round so it will probably happen again.  Chad is in the dark so far about it so they are sneaking around like teenagers instead of the eye-roll worthy adults they are...supposed to be.  I assume Kate is just doing him cause she likes sex and isn't very discerning who it's with. As for Jake? He just suddenly seems to have been revamped from the tough Philly mechanic who used to run with the mob to a high schooler who just hit puberty and is hot for teacher.  Personally, I don't see any chemistry between them on top (no pun intended) of a romantic angle that's a little weird. 

Agreed,  For me, the grossness stems from both Kate and Jake's behavior and I especially do not like Kate's telling Chad that she's only interacting with Jake to keep a watchful eye on him and then she turns around and sleeps with him and it just feels like it's just another way to manipulate Jake.  And this all started the night after the anniversary party where it's revealed she slept with Jack--grossness abounds.

The JJ/Abs conversation was nicely done, especially Abs' admitting that she's worried that Chad might be unfaithful to her if she ever has another extended hospital stay which is hilarious to me because it's been Abs' actions that have caused problems in their marriage.

The Kate/Jennifer conversation was also fabulous and Jenn's still throwing the Bill/Kate affair back in her face felt massively petty and I loved Kate's pointing out that her relationship with Bill saved her life.  LK really delivered the emotion in that scene--very well done.

I did love the Gwen/Dr. Rolf conversation and that he's become her evil plans confidant--too awesome for words.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did love the Gwen/Dr. Rolf conversation and that he's become her evil plans confidant--too awesome for words.

Yes, I thought they were the most interesting part of today's episode too. Now I can hope Gwen's "reason" is decent and not something lame when we finally see the excluded scene three months down the road in a black and white flashback. 

12 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The JJ/Abs conversation was nicely done, especially Abs' admitting that she's worried that Chad might be unfaithful to her if she ever has another extended hospital stay which is hilarious to me because it's been Abs' actions that have caused problems in their marriage.

Now if only they'd take it a step further and show how Abs was once the "Kate" in EJ's affair/betrayal of Sami.  Princess Abs always imagines herself in the victim scenario.  Would be nice to get a Kate/Abs scene where Kate points that out. to her.  On that note, would be nice to get a Sami scene where she points it out to Jennifer, who I seem to recall thought her precious baby girl's shit didn't stink.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

This is how I see it as well.

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

See - exactly. Acting like Jack betrayed her because he's a sucky womanizer isn't fair since he was miserable, doesn't love Kate at all and was possibly in store for years of sitting there followed by Jennifer dying. It still stinks he did it, and that Kate was (completely unbelievably, considering how sweaty and nasty he looked) game for it (seriously, how did weepy Jack even get it up?) but whatever.

If Miss Priss wouldn't have been upset with him moving on after her death (not that I would put it past her because, hello, hypocrite!), why would she be screaming and fretting about the fact that he slept with someone for one night to possibly keep from killing himself or something while it seemed for months like she was dead? What if it had been a hooker instead? I just don't see the big deal here. It's not like he pounced someone on day two.

Jennifer, the man has been DEAD for like, nine years. Aren't you glad he just exists again? Can't you be a mature grown-ass woman and say "this sucks, but whatever, let's move on, we both almost died and are lucky to be together still, I've endured worse and I'm too old for tantrums" instead of wailing like the girl at the prom who caught her boyfriend behind the bleachers with another girl after he gave her his letterman's jacket!111!! OMG!

This would work better for me if it was cumulative frustration from Jennifer over Jack getting to bone Eve for months "because amnesia" and now getting to bone Kate "because grief" while she just sits there being loyal to them. (Except, Daniel back in the day, but whatever.)

I agree that it was nice to acknowledge the weirdness of Kate keeping the letter by basically having her say "it seems like no one feels I help them". Believable. Kate really lives an outwardly beautiful but inwardly sad life. Sleeping with Jack confirms that.

ITA to all this.  As for Jen's romances, besides Dan the Tan Man, wasn't she involved with Eric Brady?  Or did that not progress too far beyond longing glances?

An aside: I have to say I'm surprised at how supportive of Jack I am in this situation because I'm normally the type that "never forgives, never forgets" infidelity. I suppose it's because I can see the nuance/context in this situation so am more forgiving.

Jennifer and Eric got engaged even!

...mostly just to "raise the stakes" prior to Nicole's return/Jennifer finding out Nicole is alive in....whichever city she was in that had an apartment that looks exactly the same as the one she's presently living in 🙄

That engagement was so lame. It was like all Sober Jenn and Eric did was sit at the pub being all "awww....we're so boring, aren't we babe?"

• LOL 3

The timelines on this show are whack.  Jake and Kate were talking yesterday, Jack leaves, Jennifer shows up and starts yelling at Kate, and Jack is already at the pub.

Interesting lighting today.  Lots of light coming in JJ's room and shadows across the wall. Also nice lighting in the Rolf and Gwen scenes.

Kate spitting truths.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jennifer and Eric got engaged even!

...mostly just to "raise the stakes" prior to Nicole's return/Jennifer finding out Nicole is alive in....whichever city she was in that had an apartment that looks exactly the same as the one she's presently living in 🙄

That engagement was so lame. It was like all Sober Jenn and Eric did was sit at the pub being all "awww....we're so boring, aren't we babe?"

Nashville and while Eric/Jennifer were meh as a couple compared to the other pairings we've had since then and the fact they weren't completely depressing to watch like everything else in this show . In retrospect they bugged me far less than some of the other pairings these two were in. 

Jennifer just found out if she was acting like this for months I would be more annoyed but that's not the case here. Plus there's the Kate factor given past history(although it just shows how glaring it is that Laura isn't involved when she should be). 

I don't hate Jack here but I don't think Jennifer's reaction at the moment is overreacting. Kate OTOH bothered me giving lip service that she's sorry and Jennifer should just get over it. She sounds a lot like Abby tbh.

• Love 5

I kind of loved today.  Really loved today. 

It still bugs me that they talk about how much Jack drank and how what happened wouldn't have happened if Jack hadn't been drunk that night bot OMG TRIP IS THE WORST AND ALLIE IS A VICTIM.  I think it's real that the two events would be seen through a different lens but it's glaring that no one is even thinking about it.

I also liked Kate today.  I'm really surprised that they just let her rail at Jennifer like that.  When was the last time Jennifer was pushed back at like that?  I actually do think she has the right to be angry but this is also one of the very few times that she has had Jack, who knew who he was, and hasn't called the shots.  Even when Jack called the shots, it very often was self sabotage.  So I kind of don't hate that it's hard for her. 

14 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She sounds a lot like Abby tbh.

But she's not Abby.  She's Kate.  She's not the town's pwetty pwetty princess angel.  She's a former escort who consorted with nefarious folks in order to establish herself.  She's a survivor and sometimes that survival was ugly.  It fits perfectly within her worldview to see things from an angle Jennifer doesn't because not only does she care about Jack but she understands what it's like to be a screw up more than Jennifer does.  She also probably thinks it'd be silly for Jennifer to throw away Jack's devotion to her over what Kate probably sees as a relatively minor mistake in the scheme of things.  Jennifer doesn't have to agree with Kate but it makes sense coming from Kate.  It's also more tolerable coming from her because she's not seen as perfect.

As for Gwen, today I had the thought--what if she's EJ?  The talking to Stefano.  The British accent.  The Abigail-centric focus.  Incest is best!

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I kind of loved today.  Really loved today. 

It still bugs me that they talk about how much Jack drank and how what happened wouldn't have happened if Jack hadn't been drunk that night bot OMG TRIP IS THE WORST AND ALLIE IS A VICTIM.  I think it's real that the two events would be seen through a different lens but it's glaring that no one is even thinking about it.

I also liked Kate today.  I'm really surprised that they just let her rail at Jennifer like that.  When was the last time Jennifer was pushed back at like that?  I actually do think she has the right to be angry but this is also one of the very few times that she has had Jack, who knew who he was, and hasn't called the shots.  Even when Jack called the shots, it very often was self sabotage.  So I kind of don't hate that it's hard for her. 

But she's not Abby.  She's Kate.  She's not the town's pwetty pwetty princess angel.  She's a former escort who consorted with nefarious folks in order to establish herself.  She's a survivor and sometimes that survival was ugly.  It fits perfectly within her worldview to see things from an angle Jennifer doesn't because not only does she care about Jack but she understands what it's like to be a screw up more than Jennifer does.  She also probably thinks it'd be silly for Jennifer to throw away Jack's devotion to her over what Kate probably sees as a relatively minor mistake in the scheme of things.  Jennifer doesn't have to agree with Kate but it makes sense coming from Kate.  It's also more tolerable coming from her because she's not seen as perfect.

As for Gwen, today I had the thought--what if she's EJ?  The talking to Stefano.  The British accent.  The Abigail-centric focus.  Incest is best!

I agree about Jack vs Allie here I think that annoys me the most about this story(well besides the Kate factor)

Eve has pushed back at Jennifer along with Anne, so has Sami and Nicole at times so I don't get where people get the idea Jennifer doesn't get dragged by people if it was Hope or Abby I'd agree.

Yet the show views Kate as this perfect person because she always skates. I mean Marlena is friends with her when she really shouldn't be. Chad should hate her and yet he doesn't. Jennifer should've hated Kate a lot earlier than the past week. If this show insists on having Kate sleep with every man that walks by they need to let her own it instead of saying she's in love or caught feelings because she never has with any of these men(maybe Victor with the original Kate but with others? Nope) Just say she loves sex and doesn't care if the man is taken or not.  She's also not sorry because anyone who was wouldn't have acted like the wronged party  to the wife.

Gwen being EJ would be a twist nobody saw coming.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

Isn't Jennifer's hand sore from all that slapping?

Kate did tell her some truths. She made a mistake. That's it. Would she and Jack have hooked up if he didn't drink that night? Who knows. Kate is bad because she took advantage of a man in a great deal of pain. Maybe. Tripp is bad because Allie thinks he attacked her. Shouldn't Allie try hypnosis to maybe get a clear picture of what happened that night? Bad Tripp, bad Kate.

Even when Jack told Roman the sad story, Roman did not judge him. He was respectful to him. That says a bit about Roman.

Jake gets a new job? Good for him. More salt for the wound between him and Chad.

Liked Abs and JJ's chat.

Wonder what Gwen told Dr. Rolf. I do like the idea that she could be EJ - and it was some essence of him that she has - maybe she too has a chip on her neck.

• Love 1

Jennifer vs. Kate had some small hints of Rosanna vs. Carly on ATWT that I was hoping for but, unfortunately, Jennifer doesn't have the ferocity of ATWT's Rosanna.  Kate wiped the floor with Jennifer.  

I felt bad that Dr Rolf had to sit there and listen to Gwen's petty schemes for making Abigail's life miserable.  I just can't believe that Gwen's motivation is more fascinating than a man who has brought people back from the dead.  Poor Dr Rolf!  Life in prison must be so boring.  

so boring.jpg

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 1

How dare Jennifer be upset that Jack cheated on her?   Seriously?   The writing on this show is whacked!   Poor Jack couldn't wait it out a year while his wife was in a coma.  Poor poor Jack.  Spare me.  I guess marriage doesn't mean in sickness and in health

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Jen will forgive Jack but its been 1 freaking day and the narrative is that Jack is the victim and Jen is wrong to be angry at him.

What dumb way to write things.  It's almost as bad as poor poor Tripp while Allie is doubting who raped her

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think it's because they have Allie saying she said 'no' and trying to push the person off of her while they're not trying to portray Jack as someone who didn't want to sleep with Kate. Plus, you know, it's Ron, he has some bad takes on sexual assault lol.

Wow, interesting spec. I would be sorta down but I'm not into the incest angle lol.

• Love 2

Has there ever been a Salem wedding that went right?

Does Sarah comb her hair with an egg beater?

Xander giving out valid advice to Charlie about avoiding the Horton gene pool.

What a gentleman, Philip, Sarah's right behind you but you shut the door in her face.

And ... non-new news interrupts.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Today's episode should have been subtitled "Dumb and Dumber."  Olivia Rose Keegan at least played crazyClaire in a way that was interesting. Isabel Durant's portrayal of dumb as rocks Claire just isn't doing anything for me.  I mean, how dense do you have to be to tell your parent's nemesis about their upcoming wedding??? And then take said nemesis's advice to bring a guy you've dated twice to their small, private family ceremony in your grandparent's living room apartment?  I know Claire has been hoodwinked by Jan into thinking that's she's being unfairly judged, but a little discretion if you like your parents even a little bit. 

Of course, Shawn wasn't much smarter, inviting his bride's ex-husband to the nuptials. Might as well drive out to Statesville and give Orpheus an invitation so he can kidnap the bride's mother before the wedding march begins. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Sarah, the sunglasses actually make you more conspicuous. She should take notes on how to skulk around Salem from Ava, who has managed to breeze about town, visit Statesville, and rent an apartment completely undetected!

I am not a fan of the (not so) veiled toxic masculinity of Xander and his advice for Charlie. So Claire turned you down for dinner and didn't offer you a reason. She does not owe you one.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I am not a fan of the (not so) veiled toxic masculinity of Xander and his advice for Charlie. So Claire turned you down for dinner and didn't offer you a reason. She does not owe you one.

Yes, it's very gross. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Charlie is the likely rapist so I kinda get why they're doing it with him but I don't get what they're doing with Xander. Very odd imo.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Has there ever been a Salem wedding that went right?

Does Sarah comb her hair with an egg beater?

Xander giving out valid advice to Charlie about avoiding the Horton gene pool.

What a gentleman, Philip, Sarah's right behind you but you shut the door in her face.

And ... non-new news interrupts.

If by right you mean with no interruptions etc Jarlena getting married at the Horton Town Square a couple years ago beyond that Steve/Kayla getting married at Doug's Place.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, SnK said:

How dare Jennifer be upset that Jack cheated on her?   Seriously?   The writing on this show is whacked!   Poor Jack couldn't wait it out a year while his wife was in a coma.  Poor poor Jack.  Spare me.  I guess marriage doesn't mean in sickness and in health

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure Jen will forgive Jack but its been 1 freaking day and the narrative is that Jack is the victim and Jen is wrong to be angry at him.

What dumb way to write things.  It's almost as bad as poor poor Tripp while Allie is doubting who raped her

I don't blame Jen at all for being pissed her husband cheated on her while she was in a coma. That's...pretty disgusting and not something I'd be fine with if it happened to me. She's 100% entitled to her hurt feelings...

...but let's look at this in perspective. I could understand her rage and refusal to forgive him if the writing was emphasizing that Jack also slept with her mother and Eve and now Kate, all of which were deep betrayals for Jen...whereas Jen hasn't similarly slept around on him with men who would similarly hurt him (his brother or best friend or uncle or whatever). Unfortunately, the writing isn't going this way so her anger is coming off as being totally about this particular slip, and that's a mistake from a writing perspective because it makes Jen look petty.

As I already said, this woman is lucky to be alive and her husband surviving having his organs removed and donated boggles any and all natural laws. It's like a couple surviving a nuclear explosion, but then the woman being mad he slept with someone random one time. Who cares! It absolutely sucks, but....really? She's in her late 50s at this point. You pick and choose your battles. Want to throw a fit over him having a One Night Stand of Pity Sex? Just break up with him completely and move on.

But she won't. So this whole melodrama is silly and useless.

This is sad to say, but how many of this show's viewers are women who have been cheated on by their husbands, but stayed in the marriage because he was overall a good guy and a good father and they'd invested 30 years into the relationship? I'll bet it's a high number (whether said women are aware of it or not). Growing older with someone and keeping a relationship going usually means accepting their screw-ups, even if they run counter to your beliefs. It isn't fair, it isn't right, some husbands and wives even go through life expecting to be able to get away with cheating because they're certain their partner is too afraid/loyal to leave them. And that makes me sick.

...but this? This is...stupid all around. This is a storyline I'm pretty sure will get swept under the rug quickly and forgotten. It adds nothing to the mythology of the show. It's just something for Jack, Jennifer and Kate to do to fill up screentime.

Maybe I'd be more angry at Jack if I didn't find Jennifer so constantly wounded and annoying. I was looking forward to Cady stepping in, but she's been so awkward (because of the huge demands placed on her before she has time to find her footing) that it's making the whole thing unwatchable. So no, I don't feel badly for Jennifer. I want her to accept Jack's forgiveness, tell Kate she wants her to stay away from her husband and will look the other way...this one time...and then move on and BE HAPPY. Life is too short.

Either that, or dump Jack, never mention a word again about your "great love" and just go find someone else who can love you.

One thing I do find really upsetting is that those viewers who were cheated on and had to swallow their pride are now being forced to watch Jennifer let all her emotions hang out, as if in real life that would really be an option. Most wife's husbands are *not* going to express the kind of shame and groveling Jack is/will be doing. They're lucky to get a one-time embarrassed conversation about it, and then the subject is forevermore closed. And the couple goes back to pretending everything is great because dwelling on the cheating is too painful.

That's the problem with Ron's taste for drama. Everyone goes too far, says too much and it kills all believability. Sami's fights with John this year were horrible. They said horrible stuff you can't come back from. Heck, Lani and Eli's fight this week was horrible. I wouldn't expect them to stay together after that. But they will. And Sami and John will be fine. And everyone arguing over Tripp/Allie will be hugging it out and laughing afterwards. It makes no sense.

How many people in your life can you really say "I never want to see you again!" to and then still go back to the same relationship afterwards? Very, very few. But Ron wants everyone at their worst because he thinks that entertains us. It doesn't.

Anyway, again, I feel badly for Jennifer, but if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be telling Jack to suck it up too. Act your ages, people. Have some dignity can't you?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Of course, Shawn wasn't much smarter, inviting his bride's ex-husband to the nuptials. Might as well drive out to Statesville and give Orpheus an invitation so he can kidnap the bride's mother before the wedding march begins. 

Oh, how you just made me chuckle. My thanks!

• Love 1

I'm not really angry with Jack either as much as I find this story stupid above all else because as you point it it goes too far. They don't act like real people in this storyline which I think is what's killing the soap genre(well one of many things) characters don't seem relatable or humane just caricatures of their former selves if that.

That being said Jennifer just found out if she were acting like this over a few months I'd be where you at however that's not the case in this instance. 

However, I am more bothered  by Lucas not being in this story at all(sure that may change but he's been MIA and its absurd considering all that's happening with Allie and Jennifer you would think he would matter but no surprise he doesn't).

Another reason this is rather meh to me because you don't have Lucas or Laura around to react to this type of story given past history.. its obvious you don't care so why should the audience?

• Love 3

Yeah, I can’t believe they haven’t had Lucas react to his mother having a one night stand with his sister’s husband. Lucas and Kate are obviously pretty close, but he generally has a good relationship with Jen so I would expect him to blast Kate for it.

Also, Jen mentioned Kate’s affair with Bill so it might have been a good opportunity to have Jen maybe reflect on loving Lucas as a brother but possibly resenting his existence as well because of the affair.

• Love 2

As a woman, maybe I should feel more for Jen's hurt, but then I recall how she treated an OBVIOUSLY traumatized back-from-the-dead Jack like dog shit because Jen had the hots for Dan and seemingly thought trying to be kind to a suffering man was such a bummer.

Yeah, I still hold a grudge there. And aside from some zingers from Eve, Jen basically skated there.

Soooooo...whatever to it all here.

• Love 7