Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

That was one of the most depressing Thanksgiving episodes I have ever seen in my life.  I did like the last scene of JJ and Abs hanging out with Jack while he ate his sad turkey dinner at the Brady pub.  (He couldn't have gone to Steve and Kayla's?)

I think the best storyline the show has going right now is the brilliant Othello-esque "make Chad think Abs is cheating" plot.  Gwen is doing a wonderful job as the Iago in the story, playing Chad and Abigail against each other with an unwitting Jake as the catalyst.  Gwen really has become one of the most entertaining people on this show 🙂

I have no words for how obnoxious Julie is and why anyone feels as though they need her approval to live their lives is beyond me.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I have no words for how obnoxious Julie is and why anyone feels as though they need her approval to live their lives is beyond me.

The alternative is to have her screech at you every time she sees you.

• Useful 1

LOL at Gwen: "Jake just because it's Thanksgiving doesn't mean you should sleep with someone who came over on the Mayflower." I really am enjoying Gwen's snarking and scheming. 

Nice to see the show brought the Horton House out of storage for Thanksgiving. But Julie is certainly no Alice Horton.

What happened to Jakes's room above the car shop? I see no reason why he and Kate didn't use the bed in his old room instead of the twin-size rollout in the dirty side room. So dumb. 

• Love 10

Kate is worth twenty of you, Gwen.

Also, Kate, that's not a cot you were sleeping on.

Why isn't Jennifer staying at the Horton house? And why is Julie AT the Horton house?

Why would Gwen lie to Julie about not knowing Jake, when anybody could tell Julie that isn't true?

I wonder if Jack and Jennifer will get back together before the Christmas ball hanging.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I admit to being teary-eyed during Doug & Julie's toasts

Doug's toast was very touching. It was sad when he mentioned how many Hortons aren't with them this year, and then the camera panned to who was in attendance (the Horton-Deveraux-DiMera branch of the family). I never realized how much the Horton clan has shrunk over the years. But, still, Eli could have been there. I guess Lucas was with Kate; Sarah was with Maggie & the Kiriakis; and Shawn spent it with the Blacks. Am I forgetting another Horton who is currently in town? I am grateful, though, that Julie did NOT invite Ben.

I guess Jack is living above the Brady Pub if he can sit there all by himself on Thanksgiving. It was really nice that Abigail & JJ showed up to keep him company.

• Love 5

I don’t like the Abby is being fooled by Gwen. I hope she catches on sooner rather than later. She needs to bring out her inner Gabbi with a Y (or however that was said) and, smack Gwen around a bit. 

• Love 3

It makes no sense that Jack wasn't with some sort of family outside of Jennifer but alas---budget.

I did think it was pretty slick of him to apologize to Julie as if she has a say in the matter.  Well played, Jack, well played.

Do we think there's anything to what JJ said about Gwen always walking away from him?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

(He couldn't have gone to Steve and Kayla's?)

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Jack could've spent Thanksgiving with Justin his brother in law(if not Steve/Kayla).

It was glaringly odd that Jack wouldn't spend Thanksgiving with Steve & Kayla (and Tripp?) instead. I mean, he does have his own family besides Jennifer's Horton clan. But I figured it was due to budget constraints or COVID that he ended up at the Pub by himself. 

4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And why is Julie AT the Horton house?

I assumed Julie inherited the Horton house after Alice's death. I don't think anyone other than Julie & Doug and Jennifer have lived in the house for the last few years, and seeing as how Julie appears to be the Horton matriarch I think its basically her house now.

• Love 2

I thought Jack and Jennifer lived in the Horton house. Why are Doug and Julie there?

No, Julie gets zero vote in anyone's life unless she is asked for her opinion. Jennifer Rose is a 50 plus year old woman, and she should be able to tell Julie to pound sand or whatever. None of this is Julie's business. Yes, she can be angry at Jack, but that is it. She is still an adult.

Gwen's scheming is fun. I laughed when she felt that Kate came over on the Mayflower. I do find her a bit overdressed for a nanny.

I also wonder if she put something in the sparkling apple cider bottle. No one drinks ginger ale or anything?

Jake, you have to use a twin rollout cart or something? Don't you have a room above the garage.

The pub was open for Thanksgiving? Did it just feed the homeless or the less fortunate and Jack had leftovers? Nice of JJ and Abs to come visit their dad.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Do we think there's anything to what JJ said about Gwen always walking away from him?

It's about as close as the Show gets to subtle foreshadowing.  Usually, they're hitting the us over the head with anvils.  If Gwen isn't Jack's long-lost offspring, it will be more shocking than most of the Show's plot points.   

Jack's Tour-of-Contrition making a stop on Julie's doorstep was so groan-worthy that I was relieved when she accepted his apology and invited him in.  Julie fell off her high horse long ago.  

Gwen's snark towards Kate reeked of insecurity and ageism.  She should be so proud of herself. 

JJ and Abigail showing up to spend some Holiday Time with their dad charmed even my cold, empty heart.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I assumed Julie inherited the Horton house after Alice's death. I don't think anyone other than Julie & Doug and Jennifer have lived in the house for the last few years, and seeing as how Julie appears to be the Horton matriarch I think its basically her house now.

Jen invited Doug and Julie to live with her after they got rid of the Martin House - remember when she and Doug ran the place as a B and B for a short while before selling it to Kate?  They then bought the Martin House back from Kate and gave it it Eli and then moved in with Jen.  The ownership of the Horton homestead has been kept murky. 

In any case, Julie lives there now along with Jen and Jack, though why they don't keep the old bag locked in the attic with the other bats is beyond me.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, boes said:

Jen invited Doug and Julie to live with her after they got rid of the Martin House - remember when she and Doug ran the place as a B and B for a short while before selling it to Kate?  They then bought the Martin House back from Kate and gave it it Eli and then moved in with Jen.  The ownership of the Horton homestead has been kept murky. 

In any case, Julie lives there now along with Jen and Jack, though why they don't keep the old bag locked in the attic with the other bats is beyond me.

I guess all of this happened in the years I wasn't watching. If Julie gave the Martin house to Eli, then why in the world are he and Lani living in JJ's tiny loft where the bedroom is in the kitchen? If Jennifer & Jack get back together, they should move out of the DiMera mansion and go back to the Horton house. It's weird that they continue to live there considering Abigail is back from Florida and Gwen is now in charge of the kids. Plus, the Horton house is a nice connection to the past and it has a few rooms where scenes can take place in (unlike Hope's den, the one Salem Inn room, and Kayla's/Marlena's apartment). 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

It makes it seem like Gwen is definitely Jack's daughter. I can't wait to see how they make it make sense that Gwen wants to ruin Abigail's life because of this lol.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It makes it seem like Gwen is definitely Jack's daughter. I can't wait to see how they make it make sense that Gwen wants to ruin Abigail's life because of this lol.

Right.  But doesn't want to be around JJ her brother?

And she still has no significant interaction with Jack so if they're going to make her Jack's, it's a very weird way of telling the story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Abigail and Julie suck at apologies. Aggressive isn't a good look when you're showing self awareness, ladies.

I thought MM was the sweetheart Abigail  *as much as is possible with that horrid character* but she's coming off strident too. Not as bad as KM of course, but still...

...I didn't think about it, but how does Abigail get to shit on her father for cheating when she inserted herself into Sami and EJ's marriage, watched their kids and was maid of honor at their wedding all the while boinking EJ and wanting him for herself?! Abigail didn't get dragged for being sleazy in front of all her gathered family and friends...but she'd do that to her own father?? Trash. What a bitch.

Fine, sure, she mixed booze with pills...whatever. She's still the worst. 

Sorry but wasnt Jake at the Cin wedding, where pregnant Allie was waddling around....?

I like Jake with Kate. He seems comfortable with her, engaged by her and she's good with younger guys. The last time I liked Rafe was when he was her boy toy.

And from the look on Kate's face when Jake gets going, she really needs some action. 

...did we get to see Kate at Nicole's place this week? Or do we just get to hear about entire subplots now?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, Frozendiva said:

I thought Jack and Jennifer lived in the Horton house. Why are Doug and Julie there?

No, Julie gets zero vote in anyone's life unless she is asked for her opinion. Jennifer Rose is a 50 plus year old woman, and she should be able to tell Julie to pound sand or whatever. None of this is Julie's business. Yes, she can be angry at Jack, but that is it. She is still an adult.

Gwen's scheming is fun. I laughed when she felt that Kate came over on the Mayflower. I do find her a bit overdressed for a nanny.

I also wonder if she put something in the sparkling apple cider bottle. No one drinks ginger ale or anything?

Jake, you have to use a twin rollout cart or something? Don't you have a room above the garage.

The pub was open for Thanksgiving? Did it just feed the homeless or the less fortunate and Jack had leftovers? Nice of JJ and Abs to come visit their dad.

Re: Bolded. THANK YOU. Granted, I've missed bits and pieces over the past few days, but when Julie was screeching that Jack is banished from the house, I thought "You don't live there Julie, you don't have a right to say that."

EDIT: I see the answer was posted above. Thank you!

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Love 3
On 11/25/2020 at 11:32 PM, bunnyblue said:

I guess all of this happened in the years I wasn't watching. If Julie gave the Martin house to Eli, then why in the world are he and Lani living in JJ's tiny loft where the bedroom is in the kitchen? If Jennifer & Jack get back together, they should move out of the DiMera mansion and go back to the Horton house. It's weird that they continue to live there considering Abigail is back from Florida and Gwen is now in charge of the kids. Plus, the Horton house is a nice connection to the past and it has a few rooms where scenes can take place in (unlike Hope's den, the one Salem Inn room, and Kayla's/Marlena's apartment). 

I used to wonder the same thing until I just gave up.  Eli owning the Martin House and running it as a boarding house was a thing when Will and Sonny lived there and then it sorta went away - like the Martin House set.

Which begs the bigger question of why Eli lives ANYWHERE with Lani and isn't instead having her set up housekeeping in a deep well someplace where she can never escape.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, boes said:

Which begs the bigger question of why Eli lives ANYWHERE with Lani and isn't instead having her set up housekeeping in a deep well someplace where she can never escape.

And/or a brothel.

Nice hair, Jake.

God, Chad is a horrible person.

Y'know when they change actors in a role, they should at least have them wear a similar wardrobe to the other actor.

I love Gabi, but she has no business complaining about Jake moving on, she told him she wouldn't be coming back.

• Love 5

Bye, JJ. Thanks for the short visit. His and Theo's company must be doing well in that he can afford a last minute plane ticket back to South Africa. I can see a semi-last minute one but this one costs a small fortune. At least he left with him, Abs, and his dad as a family again.

Julie, butt out. Let Jennifer make up her own mind about what she wants. Yeah, she probably would not be much different if Jack was in the coma.

That was a lot of exposition from Rafe.

Gwen, you naughty minx sending Gabi to the garage, knowing full well that she will walk in on Jake and Kate.

Chad, why aren't you a better person?

Gabi, can you not wear jeans and a t-shirt and maybe a leather jacket?

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just want to know where Ari is...with Mama H, Gabi or Will...

The lie was that Ari was going to go with Gabi to Mexico, but Gabi didn't want to put her daughter in the middle of the danger or lie to Will/Sonny about what was happening. In actuality, when Will and Sonny left for Arizona, they took Ari with them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, boes said:

Technically shouldnt the house should belong to Tommy horton jr and Marie Horton right now ?.....

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

Is Janet dead?

Liked Doc in her long trench and sweater. She looked very 90s, and feminine. And Gabi wore a winter coat! Yay! Seasonal wardrobe.

Strange how quickly they wrapped Gabi up today. I had a very hard time believing Jake was fine saying no to her, and her not fighting for him....but it was mature of them all to not scream at one another. I expected Ron to milk this, Gwen-style, until Gabi and Kate were nearly killing each other over the grease monkey.

Wish we could actually see Gabi with Ari. They always only use that kid as an excuse on this show. An actual mother/daughter storyline would've been better and they even found a child actress who could actually act. But God forbid they do something with her. Truthfully Gabi should have gone to Arizona first to see Ari. Jake could have been a phone call afterwards...but she probably wanted the booty call too.

Can we get a Digital Series set in Arizona with Will, Gabi, Sonny, the Twins and Ari?

Rafe is soooooooo booooooring. Who CARES about your feelings for Hope?! I don't! You  barely seem to! How about you go off and search for her...in the Bermuda Triangle. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Rafael said:

both Nicole and Brady are  useless characters that should be cut.

Nicole lost her fire after the tan man and even Eric to a certain extent..  I apologize to the Ericole fans but I never saw them as a long-term couple. I thought they were awesome in their original story back in the 90's..

Brady is an idiot and is too stupid to live.. Brady like so many legacy kids on the show has never achieved self-actualization over the years due to awful writing and mediocre actors.. 

• Love 4

Way to make Hope's leaving all about you, Rafe.

Gotta love a good dig courtesy of Gabi. "Great grandma Kate" was a nice bit of shade. Although, suggesting you move to Arizona with Jake is a bit sudden, even if you have bedded each other. It's not like you had a long term relationship going.

We knew it was a matter of time before it came first circle back to Sami, although I don't necessarily disagree with Belle.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Gotta love a good dig courtesy of Gabi. "Great grandma Kate" was a nice bit of shade. Although, suggesting you move to Arizona with Jake is a bit sudden, even if you have bedded each other. It's not like you had a long term relationship going.

Logically, it's probably too soon for that kind of commitment.  But he had already offered to come to Mexico with her and, if I recall correctly, it wasn't just an "offer to visit."  Since that happened, Gabi asking him to join her in AZ isn't out of alignment.

I do question where this whole Jake/Kate thing is going.  And what keeps Gabi in town.  Something must keep her in town, right? 

And my goodness, Rafe-the man who Hope wasn't with when he left and she left-is experiencing her departure harder than almost anyone else?  Yeah. No.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Logically, it's probably too soon for that kind of commitment.  But he had already offered to come to Mexico with her and, if I recall correctly, it wasn't just an "offer to visit."  Since that happened, Gabi asking him to join her in AZ isn't out of alignment.

I do question where this whole Jake/Kate thing is going.  And what keeps Gabi in town.  Something must keep her in town, right? 

And my goodness, Rafe-the man who Hope wasn't with when he left and she left-is experiencing her departure harder than almost anyone else?  Yeah. No.

True. To be honest, I kinda glossed over that whole story line when it was happening so I definitely missed bits here and there. 😄

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

True. To be honest, I kinda glossed over that whole story line when it was happening so I definitely missed bits here and there

To be fair to you, it wasn't even a story line.  It was something like their dad shows up on Wednesday, Rafe and Gabi are told to come with him on Thursday, and Gabi arranges for Ari to go with Will & Sonny and says goodbye to Jake on Friday. 

So you missed a few scenes, at most. Not a story.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Doug weeps I would say Shawn but he has his own family drama to deal with. 

I also agree that Brady and Nicole are better off not being on the show anymore and I say this as someone that enjoyed both characters. Nicole is directionless and Brady well he's a lost cause at this point. You could get rid of most of the cast and I wouldn't notice tbh. 

Gabi is the only watchable thing about Jake/Kate the only thing better is if Vivian was with her and got some digs in or reacted like Jennifer did when she caught JJ/Eve in bed together.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

Nice to see Gabi in an appropriate late fall coat. At least she, Kate, and Jake could talk somewhat like adults. Gabi, maybe go to Arizona for the holidays and come back in the new year, or perhaps move to Chicago and start a new GabiChic.

Poor John has been at the police station for all these days?

Shawn, I guess turning down the Commissioner position will open it back up probably Rafe, when he returns to the office. Who knows. Not sure I would want to be in Hong Kong now, but maybe you had a nice gig. He's married to Jan? They actually signed the legal certificate?

Charlie seems to be spending way too much time with Claire.

Again, I've been not watching for periods and then just catching up while doing other things so these are really just random plot thoughts.

Jennifer:  I really liked Kate asking her just how long Jack was supposed to pray at the altar of St. Jennifer.  I looked like she was actually going to take it to heart until she then started saying that it wasn't about the fact that Jack had a one night stand but about the fact that he lied to her.  But here's the question:  When IS a good time to say, "Oh by the way, when I thought you were never going to wake up again, I was desperately lonely and had a one night stand with Kate?"  Seriously?  He was supposed to TELL her?  I always thought that in that situation you were really only confessing to make yourself feel better, not because it was helpful to the person you cheated on.  Especially since he obviously made the decision to not do it again.  

Kristen and Lani:  The writers have had MONTHS to realize that this whole story line is going nowhere.  Do they think this is a popular story line?  Are we REALLY supposed to be rooting for Kristen and agree with Lani that what Eli did was wrong, because Kristen, of all people, should be walking around free?  News flash for the writers:  Having Julie berate Eli for actually doing his job is not going to convince people that Lani is right.  

Jan, Shaun, Belle wedding:  That was the most BORING thing I've seen in forever.  Did ANYONE REALLY believe that Belle was in danger?  They need to stop with the DRAMA - i.e. someone being kidnapped, held at gunpoint, in a coma, their life in danger, etc, etc. etc.  When someone is GOING TO DIE!!!!! every other day it pretty much takes the tension out of the situation.  Especially since Rolf's patented Dead-B-Gone is pretty much available to everybody, all the time.

I think the show needs more low-key things along the lines of  Sarah and Xander lurking in the hallway doing surveillance.  I want to see people doing believable things and solving problems like real live humans.

Rage John is not even vaguely interesting to me.

Whiney Brady needs to go on hiatus.

• Love 3

So I basically fast forwarded through much of the show and I missed the beginning.  Did we find out whether or not Jan is dead?  They ended Friday on a cliff hanger.  Marlena was going to say something.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

So I basically fast forwarded through much of the show and I missed the beginning.  Did we find out whether or not Jan is dead?  They ended Friday on a cliff hanger.  Marlena was going to say something.

Belle said that Jan is not dead. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Jennifer:  I really liked Kate asking her just how long Jack was supposed to pray at the altar of St. Jennifer.  I looked like she was actually going to take it to heart until she then started saying that it wasn't about the fact that Jack had a one night stand but about the fact that he lied to her.  But here's the question:  When IS a good time to say, "Oh by the way, when I thought you were never going to wake up again, I was desperately lonely and had a one night stand with Kate?"  Seriously?  He was supposed to TELL her?  I always thought that in that situation you were really only confessing to make yourself feel better, not because it was helpful to the person you cheated on.  Especially since he obviously made the decision to not do it again.  

Jan, Shaun, Belle wedding:  That was the most BORING thing I've seen in forever.  Did ANYONE REALLY believe that Belle was in danger?  They need to stop with the DRAMA - i.e. someone being kidnapped, held at gunpoint, in a coma, their life in danger, etc, etc. etc.  When someone is GOING TO DIE!!!!! every other day it pretty much takes the tension out of the situation.  Especially since Rolf's patented Dead-B-Gone is pretty much available to everybody, all the time.

Kate telling Jennifer off was my favorite part of that episode.  Jennifer has a right to feel the way she feels but she needs to, as Kate put it "get over herself".  I truly hate the way Jennifer is handling this matter.  

The wedding was not the most exciting but I did enjoy John choking the life of Jan.  That was golden.  😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

At least we got that one script writer who would allow John to point out that his disregard for the consequences of strangling Jan wasn't any different than Sami's disregard of the consequences for helping her to be released from the mental institution.  That was refreshing.  

But then we got more age-bashing of Kate, so I guess it all works out in the end.  Gabi can only hope to look as good as Kate when she's her age.  It's not like the aging process is like a day at the beach/plastic surgeon's office.  *giggle*

There must be some Spoiler-i-fic Plot Point coming up with Gabi, because I can't imagine they brought her in just for two episodes.  She's not one of Orpheus' offspring.  

WHY bring Rafe back?  He's even more pointless without Hope there.  Oh right!  Corday's wife thinks he's the ultimate man.  

Awwwww.  Sweet Charlie.  *groan* 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

They need to stop with the DRAMA - i.e. someone being kidnapped, held at gunpoint, in a coma, their life in danger, etc, etc. etc.  When someone is GOING TO DIE!!!!! every other day it pretty much takes the tension out of the situation.  Especially since Rolf's patented Dead-B-Gone is pretty much available to everybody, all the time.

Ron:

tenor.gif?itemid=5081245

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Here we (finally!) go with the shades of Charlie not being the sweetest guy in the batch. How long until he and Allie run into each other?

I love Sarah and Phillip together for the simple fact that she doesn't use that stupid baby voice with him.

I also enjoy Kristin when she's being snarky. Stacy Haiduk seems to enjoy playing her that way much more too. She comes far more alive in her acting.

• Love 6

How many Christmas trees does the Horton square have?  I was about to say that that's the set budget for another year, but then they showed the new/old Horton hallway.  Although, didn't the stairs used to face in the other direction?

"Tardiness is frowned upon at Titan."  So why are the two CEOs off doing other things?

Isn't Jennifer an addict who shouldn't  be drinking?

1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Here we (finally!) go with the shades of Charlie not being the sweetest guy in the batch. How long until he and Allie run into each other?

And Ben has to rescue her, and they hook up, and she gets pregnant.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I love Sarah and Phillip together for the simple fact that she doesn't use that stupid baby voice with him.

I also enjoy Kristin when she's being snarky. Stacy Haiduk seems to enjoy playing her that way much more too. She comes far more alive in her acting.

LG should've been a Stephanie Johnson recast rather than Sarah Horton(who should be closer to 50 at this point). We'd have another Brady, Steve/Kayla would have a kid in town.

She still could've been paired with Xander, we'd have another Brady, and her scenes with Phillip would have more meaning especially when she could go off on him for knowing Ava was alive and keeping it a secret letting her brother rot in jail. 

We would've also been spared a pairing with Eric.

• Love 4

"Well, he did assault a cop."  Only on DOOL would this be a hint that a character is the villain.  I'm actually kind of liking Charlie and how they're developing him.  It's slow and the way characters used to be developed.

So of course he'll be the rapist.  And Ben will save Claire (and maybe Allie too). 

What is even with Bonnie and Jennifer flirting with guys?  Bonnie I can see but it's just so weirdly out of character for Jennifer.  My husband cheated on me. I'm sad.  So I'm going to play silly games now.

• Love 6

I wanted Charlie to be a normal dude too. A young nerdy man who is starting out in the world. Someone who sees Claire as a viable person and not just another notch on whatever he has.  She has always came in as someone else's second choice. He was being a bit creepy. Google Ben Weston, Charlie.

It was nice of Ben to give her Ciara's necklace.. Too bad he couldn't be the twin or doppelganger of the Necktie Killer. He would be well on his way to joining the Salem PD.

Have noticed that Christmas is starting to appear on the show - Sarah's tree lights, holiday music.

Yeah, Sarah, Philip will never suspect you of working with Xander. Guess Xander couldn't put together the initials of Kristen's visitor - AV.

I can't see both Bonnie and Jennifer flirting with other men. Bonnie, yes. 

I liked Justin and Jack talking openly about his one night thing with Kate and both not hating on each other.

• Love 4