Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

As a woman, maybe I should feel more for Jen's hurt, but then I recall how she treated an OBVIOUSLY traumatized back-from-the-dead Jack like dog shit because Jen had the hots for Dan and seemingly thought trying to be kind to a suffering man was such a bummer.

He wasn't back from the dead that time.  She claimed he was on a "walkabout" in Australia to find himself.  But when he came back, the truth was that he had actually been held hostage in Afghanistan that whole time and had PTSD because of it. But yeah, she was not the greatest in reaction to that.

1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

He wasn't back from the dead that time.  She claimed he was on a "walkabout" in Australia to find himself.  But when he came back, the truth was that he had actually been held hostage in Afghanistan that whole time and had PTSD because of it. But yeah, she was not the greatest in reaction to that.

You're right! But since Jack has been resurrected so many time, you see why I got mixed up.  😎  The rest of my post still holds, though!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't blame Jen at all for being pissed her husband cheated on her while she was in a coma. That's...pretty disgusting and not something I'd be fine with if it happened to me. She's 100% entitled to her hurt feelings...

...but let's look at this in perspective. I could understand her rage and refusal to forgive him if the writing was emphasizing that Jack also slept with her mother and Eve and now Kate, all of which were deep betrayals for Jen...whereas Jen hasn't similarly slept around on him with men who would similarly hurt him (his brother or best friend or uncle or whatever). Unfortunately, the writing isn't going this way so her anger is coming off as being totally about this particular slip, and that's a mistake from a writing perspective because it makes Jen look petty.

As I already said, this woman is lucky to be alive and her husband surviving having his organs removed and donated boggles any and all natural laws. It's like a couple surviving a nuclear explosion, but then the woman being mad he slept with someone random one time. Who cares! It absolutely sucks, but....really? She's in her late 50s at this point. You pick and choose your battles. Want to throw a fit over him having a One Night Stand of Pity Sex? Just break up with him completely and move on.

But she won't. So this whole melodrama is silly and useless.

This is sad to say, but how many of this show's viewers are women who have been cheated on by their husbands, but stayed in the marriage because he was overall a good guy and a good father and they'd invested 30 years into the relationship? I'll bet it's a high number (whether said women are aware of it or not). Growing older with someone and keeping a relationship going usually means accepting their screw-ups, even if they run counter to your beliefs. It isn't fair, it isn't right, some husbands and wives even go through life expecting to be able to get away with cheating because they're certain their partner is too afraid/loyal to leave them. And that makes me sick.

...but this? This is...stupid all around. This is a storyline I'm pretty sure will get swept under the rug quickly and forgotten. It adds nothing to the mythology of the show. It's just something for Jack, Jennifer and Kate to do to fill up screentime.

Maybe I'd be more angry at Jack if I didn't find Jennifer so constantly wounded and annoying. I was looking forward to Cady stepping in, but she's been so awkward (because of the huge demands placed on her before she has time to find her footing) that it's making the whole thing unwatchable. So no, I don't feel badly for Jennifer. I want her to accept Jack's forgiveness, tell Kate she wants her to stay away from her husband and will look the other way...this one time...and then move on and BE HAPPY. Life is too short.

Either that, or dump Jack, never mention a word again about your "great love" and just go find someone else who can love you.

One thing I do find really upsetting is that those viewers who were cheated on and had to swallow their pride are now being forced to watch Jennifer let all her emotions hang out, as if in real life that would really be an option. Most wife's husbands are *not* going to express the kind of shame and groveling Jack is/will be doing. They're lucky to get a one-time embarrassed conversation about it, and then the subject is forevermore closed. And the couple goes back to pretending everything is great because dwelling on the cheating is too painful.

That's the problem with Ron's taste for drama. Everyone goes too far, says too much and it kills all believability. Sami's fights with John this year were horrible. They said horrible stuff you can't come back from. Heck, Lani and Eli's fight this week was horrible. I wouldn't expect them to stay together after that. But they will. And Sami and John will be fine. And everyone arguing over Tripp/Allie will be hugging it out and laughing afterwards. It makes no sense.

How many people in your life can you really say "I never want to see you again!" to and then still go back to the same relationship afterwards? Very, very few. But Ron wants everyone at their worst because he thinks that entertains us. It doesn't.

Anyway, again, I feel badly for Jennifer, but if the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be telling Jack to suck it up too. Act your ages, people. Have some dignity can't you?

I admit that I have not been watching the show due to that horrid Ava, I feel no sympathy for Jennifer whatsoever.  How many times have we Jack fans been subjected to watching Jack have to compete with another guy for Jennifer's affections..  I have not forgotten what she did to him over the Tan man.  The many ways she flaunted Peter in Jack's face, encouraging that insipid Hawk, kissing Austin, the list goes on and on, bitch please save your tears.. I will never buy that Jack slept with Kate while Jennifer is in a coma, as always Ron has to make up stuff for unnecessary melodrama that will go nowhere and will have been forgotten in six months. So, what was the damn point in the first place?

I am team Kate on this and whatever venom that she launched at Jennifer was richly deserved. I am just tired of seeing Jack being debased humiliated tarred and feathered for Jennifer Rose Horton, enough already.  A grown man groveling is not a good look, he did this throughout the Peter era.. Why can't Jack fans ever get a writer who gets him and writes accordingly.. We just can't have nice things..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

Such a good point and I'm not even a Jack fan...but dang, has this character been put through the ringer! Can't they just give him a Spectator set and let him sit behind a desk and like...write or whatever?

Oh, and I just remembered something Jennifer is conveniently forgetting: her high-as-a-kite grief sex with Eric, after she lost Daniel. Girl, if you can permit yourself to have multiple booty calls to get through your grief, even though your body is supposedly in pain and your heart is in mourning for the incredible Mister Tan Of The Shark Tooth Necklace, and with ERIC FREAKING BRADY of all people, facilitating his further descent into alcoholism and self-loathing...how the hell can you begrudge Jack this one night? He's not falling in love with Kate. Neither of them killed anybody or were in an addiction spiral either.

So yes, please, save your tears for the next time Abigail screws up. I'm sure it's coming.

• Love 3

Xander, except for asking a general question about your staff member's after-hours life, you have zero business getting in to his dating or anything. Charlie needs to set and enforce some boundaries. Say one or two things, but that is it.  Charlie can get a lawyer. HR never protects an employee so he is better off documenting this toxic stuff from you. Xander, you should not be pushing him on to a young woman.

He said that Claire said she was busy. That should be it and not pouting over the fact that she has other plans and won't drop them for you. She was pretty much forced to invite him to her parents' wedding - a place he really has no business being at right now.

The thing with Philip's keys was stupid. Where is he going to find his keys? Sarah will slip them in his pocket or something? And her following him around?

Surprised that Doc and John had no problems having a wedding in their home on such short notice. Usually a few days so she can move appointments, clean the house, get some flowers, etc. Also don't they need a marriage license? There are JPs in Salem. Hire one of them.

Claire, the worst thing you did was tell Jan Spears all about your mom's remarriage to her dad. Where she is, etc. You have been told that Jan has serious mental health issues and an obsession with your dad. Bad idea.

Too bad Sarah has no idea who Ava is.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

He said that Claire said she was busy. That should be it and not pouting over the fact that she has other plans and won't drop them for you. She was pretty much forced to invite him to her parents' wedding - a place he really has no business being at right now.

From a guy's perspective, would he want to run FAR AWAY when a girl invites him to

A) meet her family; and

B) meet them at a *wedding*

and all this after one measly date?!  Since I'm not a guy, I don't know if a cis hetero male would be cool with the wedding invite or not.

Surprised that Doc and John had no problems having a wedding in their home on such short notice. Usually a few days so she can move appointments, clean the house, get some flowers, etc. Also don't they need a marriage license? There are JPs in Salem. Hire one of them.

Pppffftt, it's Salem!  Magic happens here, dontcha know?

Claire, the worst thing you did was tell Jan Spears all about your mom's remarriage to her dad. Where she is, etc. You have been told that Jan has serious mental health issues and an obsession with your dad. Bad idea.

No kidding!  I know Show is presenting it as though Claire is being manipulated by Jan (and she is), BUT given all she knows about what Jan did to her parents, Claire is still a freaking IDIOT for spilling the tea, sparing not a single drop.

• Love 2

I was stalked by someone because I had a couple minutes' conversation with him on public transit. Zero romantic interest. Never thought I'd see him again. A holiday act of kindness. He then found me - i.e. stalked my entire workplace and buildings - and then he asked me out twice and I said no.

Some dudes will go to a family wedding - there is food and drink there.  It is a bit soon. Claire telling him she was busy and will go out with him the next night would have been fine. She could have said that she is attending a family event and that she felt he would not be comfortable attending. One date doesn't mean it's time to meet the family. Both of them should have other things going on in their lives. Yeah, it's great that you have nothing to do, but you should not expect someone to drop everything.

Claire really should have clammed up with Jan.

• Love 2

Wait, why are Belle and Shawn getting married all of the sudden?  Oh right, it's November Sweeps and Jan Spears has to do something crazy before the Sweeps period ends.  

If Charlie is a spy for Ava/her secret son, then Xander spilled a lot of tea all over that table.  Hopefully, Charlie expecting Claire to behave this way or that way is supposed to be some kind of hint that the cute, bumbling, socially awkward Charlie is just an act.  His whole routine is becoming tedious rather quickly.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Also, Jen mentioned Kate’s affair with Bill so it might have been a good opportunity to have Jen maybe reflect on loving Lucas as a brother but possibly resenting his existence as well because of the affair.

Did the show ever explore Lucas and his relationship with Mike and Jen ? 

I dont think so .

Regarding  Lucas and Jen's relationship, they just got close seemingly out of nowhere with zero build up.  

But you right though , they could have done that whole "jennifer resents lucas existence because it ended up causing her parents to divorce". 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I admit that I have not been watching the show due to that horrid Ava, I feel no sympathy for Jennifer whatsoever.  How many times have we Jack fans been subjected to watching Jack have to compete with another guy for Jennifer's affections..  I have not forgotten what she did to him over the Tan man.  The many ways she flaunted Peter in Jack's face, encouraging that insipid Hawk, kissing Austin, the list goes on and on, bitch please save your tears.. I will never buy that Jack slept with Kate while Jennifer is in a coma, as always Ron has to make up stuff for unnecessary melodrama that will go nowhere and will have been forgotten in six months. So, what was the damn point in the first place?

I am team Kate on this and whatever venom that she launched at Jennifer was richly deserved. I am just tired of seeing Jack being debased humiliated tarred and feathered for Jennifer Rose Horton, enough already.  A grown man groveling is not a good look, he did this throughout the Peter era.. Why can't Jack fans ever get a writer who gets him and writes accordingly.. We just can't have nice things..

Dont forget about her dating brandon and shoving it in his face. Prompting Jack to tag team with Sami to break them up.  

• Love 2
On 11/18/2020 at 4:57 AM, Peanut6711 said:

Amen to this! I can't stand the character of Ava either. I don't even know why I'm still watching since she reappeared on screen.  She is a mix of a been-there-done-that Marina rehash, a nasty piece of work, and a straight out nutcase.  There's no value to her character.  I wish they'd retconn her whole existence. 

Brace yourself for an Ava Vitali redemption arc courtesy of Carlivati . If a serial killer and a psycho who cut a baby out of another women's womb can get redemption arcs ,why not Ava ? 

We all know Carlivati will do it. He is that creatively bankrupt ...

• Love 4
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

... beyond that Steve/Kayla getting married at Doug's Place.

The cost being, of course, having to get married at Doug's Place. If my choices were the church possibly blowing up, or a crevassse opening up in the floor and swallowing the entire wedding party, a gun-waving lunatic barging in and kidnapping my beloved (in other words, Salem Wedding SOP) or getting married at Harpy Headquarters, I'd pick any of the first three options over any proximity to Darling Julie.

• LOL 3

Was Toxic Masculinity the theme of this episode?

Are we sure Xander didn't rape Allie?  Given the "advice" he has been giving Charlie, it wouldn't shock me.

Do John and Shawn realize that Claire is 30?  What the hell is with the interrogation towards a guy going on a second date with their daughter/granddaughter? 

I think Tamra Braun looks great.  Her Carly was my favorite GH Carly (yes, even more than Sarah Brown).  I missed earlier Ava rounds 1 and 2 but I've heard about things she did so I get why fans don't want to see her.  But since I missed it, and I have a lot of affection for the actress, I'm actually enjoying Ava.  (Take that unpopular opinion, peeps!)

And finally, I know it's a very very long shot but I continue to low key ship Sarah and Philip. 

• Love 6

Charlie is So Dopey!  I find him un-appealing, and I dont understand what Claire sees in him...do they have anything in common?  What does she really know about him?  I got a kick out of Shawn grilling Charlie.  I am already tired of Jan & her crazy schemes.  I do enjoy Sarah & Xander working together to find out what Philip & Ava are up to.  A romantic couple working together with hijinks along the way is a familiar Soap story and I enjoy it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Do John and Shawn realize that Claire is 30?  What the hell is with the interrogation towards a guy going on a second date with their daughter/granddaughter? 

Isn't Claire supposed to be like 21-ish? John and Shawn were still a bit much but not totally insane. Claire's still pretty young. I think lol. The actress is like 30 and she reads about that old in appearance so maybe they aged Claire up. The way Claire acts makes me think they didn't though.

I think Tamra Braun looks great.  Her Carly was my favorite GH Carly (yes, even more than Sarah Brown).  I missed earlier Ava rounds 1 and 2 but I've heard about things she did so I get why fans don't want to see her.  But since I missed it, and I have a lot of affection for the actress, I'm actually enjoying Ava.  (Take that unpopular opinion, peeps!)

+1

And finally, I know it's a very very long shot but I continue to low key ship Sarah and Philip. 

I like the idea of them and I do find Sarah more bearable with him but fucking hell I really can't stand the way LG acts.

3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I do enjoy Sarah & Xander working together to find out what Philip & Ava are up to.  A romantic couple working together with hijinks along the way is a familiar Soap story and I enjoy it.

I wish I could enjoy it because it is something I'd like but I find Xander and Sarah pretty much completely insufferable together and I mostly can't stand either of them separately either. Ugh, I really wanna enjoy this story, dammit!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Jennifer wasn't married to Jack when she was with Peter, or kissing Austin(though I don't remember this at all).  In this case Jack was married to Jennifer.  

I'm not opposed to Jack having side action as you mentioned we've seen Jennifer with others and Jack had to deal with it(I wish it wasn't Kate though)

• Love 1

We still have no idea why Claire and Charlie are together. Is it because he is employed, is considered good-looking, and wants Claire for herself and doesn't appear to have other women around - so Claire doesn't feel like a second choice for once?

I didn't see the digital series - was the bracelet a clue from Belle regarding Jan Spears? She seemed adamant about it.

Of course, the photo of Ava was blurry. Xander and Sarah do make a cute investigative team. I liked how she said that she was a doctor and smart.

Claire is not 12 and there was no need for dad and grandpa to grill him like that. Yeah, it is way too soon to bring him to meet the family. Claire really doesn't know him all that well. I am still peeved that Charlie would expect Claire to drop everything she has in her life and go out with him the next night. It doesn't work that way. People do have things like school and homework and other commitments.

At least the Keystone Kops found Ava's apartment and Xander does feel that the voice is familiar.

Shawn sure got the veil off 'Belle' quickly - hello Jan - something tells me you're not going to get married at this chapel.

• Love 5

I don't think they've aged Claire to 30 but more that, for some reason, the show didn't/couldn't cast an actress who looked as youthful as ORK.  Being poor really sucks.  

I like Tamara Braun, too, and I'm not enough of a Steve/Kayla fan to be offended by Ava's return.  I couldn't help to wonder what was going to Tamara Braun's head when JKJ was going through all of his Joker faces during their scenes.  WTF is he doing???  

So Jan Spears was just a Sweeps Month stunt.  Why, oh why, did I ever think this Show was capable of doing something thoughtful with mental illness, and how one assimilates back into "normal" society after a serious breakdown?  I really wanted to see Jan struggle with her attempts to maintain some kind of normalcy and her destructive impulses.  Oh well.  

The best thing about today's show was that there was enough of Charlie-being-Charlie®️ and Crazy-Woman-With-A-Gun®️ that I was able to watch it in about 20 minutes.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

WTF is [JKJ] doing???  

Entertaining me!

So Jan Spears was just a Sweeps Month stunt.  Why, oh why, did I ever think this Show was capable of doing something thoughtful with mental illness, and how one assimilates back into "normal" society after a serious breakdown?  I really wanted to see Jan struggle with her attempts to maintain some kind of normalcy and her destructive impulses.  Oh well.  

This. So disappointing.

• Love 3

Claire is related to most of Salem she has slim pickings in the romance department for the show that seems to be enough. 

That being said she interested me a lot more when ORK played her. This one isn't giving much of anything (to be fair they aren't writing for her either compared to ORK the last couple of years)

Jan is what a villain should be sure she could be a lot more than what she is but considering what they've done to Kristen, Xander.. I appreciate someone staying awful and being acknowledged as such.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Jan is what a villain should be sure she could be a lot more than what she is but considering what they've done to Kristen, Xander.. I appreciate someone staying awful and being acknowledged as such.

I always wanted Jan to come back but Ron botched it..

8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I always wanted Jan to come back but Ron botched it..

Well we knew that was going to happen though.. this is why I was hoping JJ etc never came back(although JJ's return hasn't been that bad.. yet at least).  I think Jan could've done way more damage than she did but they totally wasted her....

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well we knew that was going to happen though.. this is why I was hoping JJ etc never came back(although JJ's return hasn't been that bad.. yet at least).  I think Jan could've done way more damage than she did but they totally wasted her....

He uses characters from the past and just trashes them, look at what he did to Vivian, Anjelica, Diana. He is a hack.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

He uses characters from the past and just trashes them, look at what he did to Vivian, Anjelica, Diana. He is a hack.

Well that can be said about any soap writer these days I mean I'm not defending Ron but most returns of former characters are terrible these days.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well that can be said about any soap writer these days I mean I'm not defending Ron but most returns of former characters are terrible these days.

True but Ron just squanders the rich history of Days for stupid plot-driven stories.  What he did to Anjelica was maddening, he reduced a complex villainess into a joke for his doppelganger story..  I would take Anjelica over Kristen any day and twice on Sundays, especially if Jane Elliot was coaxed out of retirement to reprise the role..

• Love 3

Brandon Beemer is so pretty to look at. I wonder when they'll make Shawn strangle someone to death so he'll be more palatable to the rest of the audience?

I find the actress who plays Jan to be so entertaining. If only the wedding was at an actual venue and not the back room of a senior's centre so the veil reveal could've been an actual spectacle instead of a mild befuddlement. 

And I've said this before and I've said it again... Lani will only be interesting if she full out says she wants to fuck Kristen. This show is dying. Let's go all out but also cool it with the murder and rape, yeah?

• Love 10

I am a little surprised that Shawn didn't have security for the wedding knowing that crazy Jan is in town.

Was that flashback to Shawn and Belle's wedding a true flashback or a recreation? She didn't seem to look much different to now.

The ending with Jan and the veil being lifted was completely hilarious.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Damian said:

This show is dying. Let's go all out but also cool it with the murder and rape, yeah?

Then what would we have? Possessions and coffin burials? It's a soap. There hasn't been a relatable storyline since the 70s.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Claire has always been chatty and hyper but I never thought she was dumb.  Her being friend with Jan is weird.  Claire has had issue with her mom in the past not much with her dad.   Knowing what Jan did to him why would she befriend Jan?  Makes me think she has some deseeded resentment towards her parents.   To bad she doesn’t know a good shrink she could talk to about that.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Claire has always been chatty and hyper but I never thought she was dumb.  Her being friend with Jan is weird.  Claire has had issue with her mom in the past not much with her dad.   Knowing what Jan did to him why would she befriend Jan?  Makes me think she has some deseeded resentment towards her parents.   To bad she doesn’t know a good shrink she could talk to about that.  

If this show had talented writers they would've delved into why Claire has this thirst for attention and did these crazy things to others were stemming from Shawn/Belle's many breakups/makeups through the years and how this damaged her.  Yes even Marlena could be the shrink here to help this family deal with their issues.

• Love 3
On 11/20/2020 at 6:32 PM, Silver Raven said:

Damn.  My Internet crashed after i finished typing but before I posted.

I did say that the actor who plays Charlie, who is in his 30s, does a good job of playing a feckless kid.

If I didn't remember the actor from his stint in the Real World in 2008, I would have totally bought him as being fresh out of college. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MsTree said:

Then what would we have? Possessions and coffin burials? It's a soap. There hasn't been a relatable storyline since the 70s.

Actually a lot of viewers do find issues of sexual assault and consent relatable and it’s depicted inappropriately and creepily too often here...that was the point. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don't think it is anything that deep, it is just Ron being contrived with his writing so it makes no sense.  Claire adores her daddy and there is no way she would be friends with Jan but for the sake of the plot, they have to be in Ron's warped writing.  It is just like when he had Sami have Ben reenact his strangulation of Will, in order to jolt him out of amnesia, never mind that is not how the brain works when it comes to traumatic events in somebody's life but this is par for the course when it comes to Ron, disturbing and nonsensical...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1

This whole Belle/Shawn wedding sabotaged by Jan has been so contrived every step of the way.  From Claire running her dumb mouth to Jan to the fact that Shawn (despite having Hope's house to himself and only having to change into a tux) got dressed at his bride's parents/the site of the wedding while the actual bride rented a hotel room across town so she had to get in and out of a car in her long full gown and veil and drive over, though I hope for the sake of other Salem drivers Jan didn't have that blinding thing over for face for the ride over. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

Ron just reused his own plot. Why in the world would Allie be all friendly with Nicole when they never had a relationship when Allie had previously lived in Salem. Especially since Nicole had kidnapped her sister.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Ron just reused his own plot. Why in the world would Allie be all friendly with Nicole when they never had a relationship when Allie had previously lived in Salem. Especially since Nicole had kidnapped her sister.

This! That was bugging me all summer. I think it's one of the reasons why I can't stand Allie. 

• Love 3

Catching up on Thursday & Friday episodes:

Is Claire an idiot? She's 20/21 yet she acts like a naïve 13 year old around Jan. I don't care if she thinks Jan is her friend who deserves some compassion and second chance; she knows her parents' history with her and anyone with some sense would know to STFU and not divulge every little detail about their upcoming nuptials. I'm sure she'll blame herself for Jan's antics and everyone will rush to reassure her it isn't her fault. But the reality is it is all her fault because she has the street smarts of an idiot. 

I never liked Shawn & Belle when they were teenagers because I felt like they and their friends took over the entire show, but I really am rooting for this older version of them. It helps that Brandon Beemer is so damn handsome. I hope they stick around for a while, especially since Shawn is the last link to Bo & Hope. I was surprised he mentioned Chelsea; they must've gotten close during the years I wasn't watching. Let's not bring her back, though.

I like Xander most of the time but his attitude towards Claire is totally WTF. I know she's dumb but he was a complete asshole towards her (his cousin thrice removed?) over her supposed bad treatment of his employee. You're too old to be acting like a high school jock standing up for his boy, Xander. What a Neanderthal. Sarah, you can stop with the baby voice any time now. Yeesh.

So, they redressed Nicole's apartment to stand-in as Ava's apartment. That big-ass fake wall they put up to hide the "hallway" in Nicole's apartment isn't fooling anyone. With all these tiny apartments, one would think these people live in NYC instead of Salem.

Speaking of reusing sets, I see Belle got the keys to the lone Salem Inn room from Jennifer, who got the key from Brady, who got the key from Ben...

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Actually a lot of viewers do find issues of sexual assault and consent relatable and it’s depicted inappropriately and creepily too often here...that was the point. 

Understand the point, and appreciate the level-headed reply without shouting.

After 50 years, I've learned it's one of many plot used to drive a story, such as marriage, divorce, infidelity, rape, redemption, etc. etc.  Not everyone is going to like every plot. And as you mentioned, it happens WAY too often in real life.

Edited by MsTree

Is there any explanation for Claire not only telling Jan about the wedding but then also telling Xander?? Xander - the guy who held her at gunpoint on live tv! And who also shot her grandmother at her last wedding!

I couldn't believe all she did was "whatever" him at the restaurant. I figured she'd hate his guts forever and avoid him altogether...or attack him without restraint.

This writing...

...Ron invents reasons for John and Sami to yell at each other, and dodges the valid reasons people would have for blasting Ben and Xander on a daily basis.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

My problem is the writing. I’m not invested in any of the stories rn and a lot characters I don’t like or am indifferent to are front burner. I have the same problem a lot of others mentioned which is I tune in then click over to watch something else (news or streaming other shows 😜) I really get the vibe Ron and the powers that be do not give a shit I know I’ve said this before but I truly do believe that now more than ever. Camila said because of covid they all are doing their own hair and makeup now so I guess they are saving 💰 there and we know even in the past years they never had a set acting coach which several of the actors desperately need. They also need someone to review their scenes and plots and right the ships, so to speak but again the are running this like the Walmart Great Value version of Days or something. Like Allie and her story is a huge dud for me. Claire is so miscast and written very different from all what made her interesting to watch. I can’t stand Lani and she’s definitely not rootable. I liked Sarah but she’s become very annoying and basically reaffirmed all Rex said during their split which I don’t think was what they ever intended. Phillip is the child of a billionaire father and his mother is rich but I’m supposed to believe this golden boy prep scion would get in hock with a mobster banshee. That makes no sense his dad is as wealthy and ethically repugnant and his mom is a moneyed bitch on roller skates that neither would actually try to kill him and he’s a snob on top so wouldn’t take that fuckshit outside the family. Jan is some what interesting but her using Claire, who seems like some tentative 30 something Bath and Body Works or Zara manager instead of a weird hilarious waif with rage issues, has been boring. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Is he better here than he was on the web-series?  I remember you saying he kinda sucked on the web-series.  

He's not better, he's maybe worse tbh, but he seems like he actually wants to be there this time and his insane face is hilarious so he's really fun to watch.

15 hours ago, tribeca said:

Can tell I took a break from the show when I thought Brady figured out Belle was in trouble. 

I totally thought that, too! I was about to be so impressed with the writers lol. 

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Camila said because of covid they all are doing their own hair and makeup now ...

Oh, so that's why they've been looking better lately!

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Catching up on Thursday & Friday episodes:

Is Claire an idiot? She's 20/21 yet she acts like a naïve 13 year old around Jan. I don't care if she thinks Jan is her friend who deserves some compassion and second chance; she knows her parents' history with her and anyone with some sense would know to STFU and not divulge every little detail about their upcoming nuptials. I'm sure she'll blame herself for Jan's antics and everyone will rush to reassure her it isn't her fault. But the reality is it is all her fault because she has the street smarts of an idiot. 

I never liked Shawn & Belle when they were teenagers because I felt like they and their friends took over the entire show, but I really am rooting for this older version of them. It helps that Brandon Beemer is so damn handsome. I hope they stick around for a while, especially since Shawn is the last link to Bo & Hope. I was surprised he mentioned Chelsea; they must've gotten close during the years I wasn't watching. Let's not bring her back, though.

I like Xander most of the time but his attitude towards Claire is totally WTF. I know she's dumb but he was a complete asshole towards her (his cousin thrice removed?) over her supposed bad treatment of his employee. You're too old to be acting like a high school jock standing up for his boy, Xander. What a Neanderthal. Sarah, you can stop with the baby voice any time now. Yeesh.

So, they redressed Nicole's apartment to stand-in as Ava's apartment. That big-ass fake wall they put up to hide the "hallway" in Nicole's apartment isn't fooling anyone. With all these tiny apartments, one would think these people live in NYC instead of Salem.

Speaking of reusing sets, I see Belle got the keys to the lone Salem Inn room from Jennifer, who got the key from Brady, who got the key from Ben...

Shawn saying anything nice to Chelsea surprises me I remember when he wanted to throw her out of St. Luke's when she showed up (I think it was Zach's funeral) I cheered.

I actually liked teen Shelle they had chemistry and were genuinely sweet but they don't work as adults as I feel Belle is way too ambitious for him and Shawn seemed more into her than vice versa. This time around I actually believe Belle loves him so they don't bother me nearly as much as before. They are also one of the saner characters on this show who act like actual people.

• Love 1