Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I saw a clip of the new Claire and it was disappointing.  She seems like a brand new character and it was jarring.

That Charlie character is just weird.  Could somebody please give me the 411, what is his deal?

Kate and Gabby fighting over a man is just plain wrong. I would have liked to see them become very close.  They can scheme together looking fabulous while drinking mimosas and snarking on the hypocrites of Salem who look down on them.  Plus, they are bonded as family for life via Ari.  Why must Ron always put the women against each other.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I saw a clip of the new Claire and it was disappointing.  She seems like a brand new character and it was jarring.

That Charlie character is just weird.  Could somebody please give me the 411, what is his deal?

Kate and Gabby fighting over a man is just plain wrong. I would have liked to see them become very close.  They can scheme together looking fabulous while drinking mimosas and snarking on the hypocrites of Salem who look down on them.  Plus, they are bonded as family for life via Ari.  Why must Ron always put the women against each other.

Charlie is still unknown. There is some speculation he may be another kid that Ava and Steve had. And most likely the man who attacked Allie and fathered Henry. No idea if any of the speculation is true.

• Love 2

Enjoyed Kristen vs. Xander.  I agree that Haiduk is more fun to watch when Kristin gets to watch the world burn around her.  

Does SweetCharlie still believe Claire is a great catch when she's arguing that Ben had every right to assault a police officer?  

It's not that I think nuClaire is a bad actress.  She actually has some qualities that I think I might like but I watch most of her scenes imagining how much better they'd be with ORK playing them.  

Color me delighted that pill-popping Jennifer is having drinks with Bonnie hot on the heels of her breakup with Jack.  Crossing my fingers and toes that this goes all kinds of wrong.  

We all know Charlie is going to explain his way out of Philip catching him red-handed.  Don't the writers do this scene at least once a week now?  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really wanted Charlie to just be a normal person.

If Charlie were "normal", then everyone would say he was boring....

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

If Charlie were "normal", then everyone would say he was boring....

No, Ron just doesn’t know how to write “normal” so either writes them off or makes them stupid. Given the slightest bit of attention or talent, “normal” soap characters can be the comedic star of the show either playing the straight man or quirky reactor. Generally the normal one on a soap is the heart of the show or considered an anchor to the ensemble w their normality ex: Finn on Glee, Stuart on AMC, Bridget on B&B, Spinner on Degrassi at the end of his era, Belle on Days during the Teen Scene, Seth on The OC, Miranda on SATC...

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It's not that I think nuClaire is a bad actress.  She actually has some qualities that I think I might like but I watch most of her scenes imagining how much better they'd be with ORK playing them.  

I do too...but truthfully this plot requires Claire to act like a guy has never noticed her before. She seems more wide-eyed with Charlie. Weirdly, while New Claire looks more mature somehow, I think ORK's Claire wouldn't be quite so floored with Charlie, because she's got too much life experience. ORK's Claire dated Theo and Tripp, had a social media following, lost her marbles....she's lived a bit. This new one seems....fresh out of school...after seeing Eve betray her, why would she fall for Jan's obvious BS? It doesn't add up at all. It does feel like a reset of the character. 

• Love 13

Love Steve calling himself "Patchy Claus" 🙂  But, Questions:  why is Ava waltzing into a prison wearing a tight dress with a slit up to her thigh & stillettoes?!  How did Allie manage to find a gun so quickly? Was it just laying around the house?  I am getting a kick out of Xander & Sarah & their plan to spy on Phillip 🙂

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I do too...but truthfully this plot requires Claire to act like a guy has never noticed her before. She seems more wide-eyed with Charlie. Weirdly, while New Claire looks more mature somehow, I think ORK's Claire wouldn't be quite so floored with Charlie, because she's got too much life experience. ORK's Claire dated Theo and Tripp, had a social media following, lost her marbles....she's lived a bit. This new one seems....fresh out of school...after seeing Eve betray her, why would she fall for Jan's obvious BS? It doesn't add up at all. It does feel like a reset of the character. 

It feels like the new actress is trying too hard to appear young--I cringed when she uttered a "Bummer!" to Charlie's announcing that he had to get back to work--and I think ORK played Claire with an inner strength that this new actress doesn't have.  I know ORK was waifishly thin but I think she still wouldn't have taken a swing at Jan Spears, especially Jan's saying that she killed her mom.

I don't really see the appeal of Charlie and I do not appreciate his remark of "tripping over Claire's ex-boyfriends"--the girl's had two boyfriends since she's been on the show and she's supposed to in her early twenties--that's not a large number and Charlie needs to tone down on the resentment. 

Of course Allie takes Lucas' story about the horror Sami went through as a teenage rape victim and chooses to follow Sami's worst idea.  Does she really intend to shoot Tripp in cold blood?

Yes, Kristen is so reformed--if she was really the good person she's pretending to be, she wouldn't be sitting listening to Ava expound on all of her criminal master plans and she wouldn't be okay with Joey's sitting in prison for Ava's death.  I wonder how Brady will react when it come out that Kristen's been keeping quiet about Ava's being alive?

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

why is Ava waltzing into a prison wearing a tight dress with a slit up to her thigh & stillettoes?! 

Funny. Well she looked great so I don't particularly care what she was wearing.  But aren't those meetings recorded?  Why would she admin to laundering money in the jail cell?

Aren't the names of people who visit prisoners open records?  That's why she used an alias.

Everything Sarah said about Xander in their fake breakup was actually quite accurate.  Way to almost blow it, Xander.  I kind of hope Xander did because I mean really...

So listen, Allie, not only was your mom raped by the time she was your age; she was actually a rapist too.  In the sameish way you were raped. Except instead of Austin getting inebriated on his own, she did the intoxicating too!  Funny how that part isn't discussed.

• Love 6

People might disagree on this, but I find Cady McClain's Jennifer refreshingly vigorous. Her acting choices are certainly different from that of MR. In my humble opinion, CMc is a great addition to the show. 

Tamara Bruna is another example of great casting. Sure Ava is a mess but a veteran actor like TB makes up for it. 

Xarah breakup may be temporary, but what if it turns out to be real in the end? Sarah could end up falling for Philip along the way. 

Statesville Prison has the worst visitation system in the world (and I watched a documentary about the world's worst prisons!) No guards, no barrier between prisoner/visitor, no recordings, no need to show ID when checking in (apparently, given how easy it is to use an alias)... just a room with a couple of people, hatching plots and sharing state secrets.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, RunningMarket said:

Statesville Prison has the worst visitation system in the world (and I watched a documentary about the world's worst prisons!) No guards, no barrier between prisoner/visitor, no recordings, no need to show ID when checking in (apparently, given how easy it is to use an alias)... just a room with a couple of people, hatching plots and sharing state secrets.

Remember when Ciara was allowed to waive a gun around so she could save Bem from his execution?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Uh, what?  Football?

Yes because of the Christmas at the Rockafeller Special the game they postponed two times earlier due to Covid gets to be played at 3:40 PM EST on a Wednesday normally I'd welcome football but the whole saga is absurd(not as absurd as Days though). Plus I don't like either team.

20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I liked Justin and Jack talking openly about his one night thing with Kate and both not hating on each other.

I can't imagine Justin being judgmental with Jack over this given his history. I mean he does care about Jennifer but Justin only gets mad at Jack if he hurt Adrienne. 

• Love 1

I liked Sarah's and Xander's breakup. Maybe it will last and she genuinely will fall for Philip.

Surely Xander can cough up some cash and get some video of the mystery woman who is visiting Kristen.

Lucas, you did not need to tell Allie her mom's history. I didn't like Allie calling herself a bimbo. Wow. She has some issues to deal with. Allie is a wealthy, privileged young woman. After her maternity type leave is over, she can actually work and maybe get herself some sort of skill and a career. She has a roof over her head, supportive father and grandmother and Aunt Nicole.

The London Police are not going to spend a lot of time on Allie and Tripp. There isn't that much evidence and the extradition cost would be way too expensive for two tourists.

I do feel badly for Kayla, being caught in a difficult place. Steve was right in that a lot of paternity tests in Salem have been tampered with.

I do wonder what Charlie was actually doing using his boss' computer.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

All good points.  It's the main reason I like to imagine ORK playing these scenes, because I thought she was good at making her character feel like a real person in spite of all of the garbage writing.  

9 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

People might disagree on this, but I find Cady McClain's Jennifer refreshingly vigorous. Her acting choices are certainly different from that of MR. In my humble opinion, CMc is a great addition to the show. 

Oh, I'm so happy to see Cady McClain here.  I thought Missy Reeves would have made more sense in those heavy emotional scenes of Jennifer finding out about Jack having sex with Kate but I'm curious to see what McClain will do with aftermath of it all.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I do feel badly for Kayla, being caught in a difficult place.

The Steve and Kayla conflict is one of the few things I can appreciate about this rape storyline.  

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Steve was right in that a lot of paternity tests in Salem have been tampered with.

THAT was the scene that made me think the one script writer who's aware of viewer comments wrote this episode.  The vodka kicked in by the end of the episode, and I couldn't remember which scene made me think that.

Xander/Sarah/Philip was fun.  I'm really hoping Sarah's "genius" plan leads to her actually developing romantic feelings for Philip, and complicating things from here to kingdom come.  

Shouldn't Angela VanDeKamp be trying to not look exactly like Ava Vitali?  A fun disguise could have even played into the dialogue with Kristin being fond of disguises herself.  

Was Allie wearing a long coat?  At first I couldn't figure out why the hell she went to see Tripp wearing a robe.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

Tamara Bruna is another example of great casting. Sure Ava is a mess but a veteran actor like TB makes up for it. 

Xarah breakup may be temporary, but what if it turns out to be real in the end? Sarah could end up falling for Philip along the way. 

As someone who zoned out of the show for a while, I'm also just delighted with Cady McClain! She's really interesting to watch, and I'm loving her version of a character I never previously adored. And Tamara Braun! For one of the former Carlys, she's grown as an actress and is really delivering. So those two and the Steve/Kayla mess make me glad I've tuned back in.

• Love 4

That dramatic moment when Ava bursts through the door and save's Tripp's genitals...a year from now we will find out that when Ava had to drive 100 miles per hour to make the hour-some ride from Statesville to Kayla's apartment in five minutes that she also killed a comatose Janice along side the road after John and probably two other people do time for the crime.  But it was significantly more interesting than hearing Lani whine about losing her "best friend" as if she's twelve and not a thirty year old cop. I hope Allie stays away from Eli with that gun too because it was nice to see Eli grow some balls when it comes to his petulant wife.  Anyone want to take bets on who the new labor coach is? My money is on Julie. 

13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Was Allie wearing a long coat?  At first I couldn't figure out why the hell she went to see Tripp wearing a robe.  

I was starting to wonder if she was going to flash him before she shot him. Like maybe she thought the target would be harder to miss if she made it rise for the occasion. 😀

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Lucas, your daughter didn't NEED to deal with the baby.  She could have had an abortion.  She could have, and really tried very hard to, give the baby up for adoption.  But noooooo, Sami practically forced her to keep her baby so here we are.

Kill her, Ava.  Put us and her out of her misery.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Lucas, your daughter didn't NEED to deal with the baby.  She could have had an abortion.  She could have, and really tried very hard to, give the baby up for adoption.  But noooooo, Sami practically forced her to keep her baby so here we are.

I haven't been watching much, but I did see the scene where she and NIcole were having the conversation that Allie remembers getting raped every time she looks at the baby, or something like that.  There is no good reason for her to not let Nicole adopt this child.  He will not have a good life being resented by his mother.  Why didn't Sami just let this happen?  Sure, she hates Nicole, but she loves Eric.  She would have been the baby's aunt, so probably not cut out of his life completely.  This story is just so stupid.  Adoption is sometimes the best option, and the show seemed to be spinning it as immoral or something.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I haven't been watching much, but I did see the scene where she and NIcole were having the conversation that Allie remembers getting raped every time she looks at the baby, or something like that.  There is no good reason for her to not let Nicole adopt this child.  He will not have a good life being resented by his mother.  Why didn't Sami just let this happen?  Sure, she hates Nicole, but she loves Eric.  She would have been the baby's aunt, so probably not cut out of his life completely.  This story is just so stupid.  Adoption is sometimes the best option, and the show seemed to be spinning it as immoral or something.

Show is stuck in some time warp (1950s or even before that) where neither abortion nor adoption is EVER a valid choice. A pregnant single mother must always bear the burden of an unwanted pregnancy no matter what.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, norcalgal said:

Show is stuck in some time warp (1950s or even before that) where neither abortion nor adoption is EVER a valid choice. A pregnant single mother must always bear the burden of an unwanted pregnancy no matter what.

Actually, I would say in the 1950s and before a single mother would have been expected to give a child up for adoption.  She would be sent away to "visit relatives" for a few months and then come back as if nothing had happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, Katy M said:

The obvious problems though are:

1. Allie doesn't actually remember the rape or only has a vague recollection which is likely to turn out to be faulty since she only assumes Tripp is the person she told 'no' to, and the way the story is pacing it's not going to be Tripp who raped her. 

2. There are plenty of good reasons why Nicole was nothing more than an impulsive adoption pick by an immature Allie, quite possibly chosen simply to spite her mother. Allie has gone through a laundry list of possible adoptive parents, all people she knows and is related to, some who were not even considering adoption till Allie all but dropped the baby in their lap rather than going through a reputable adoption agency and placing the baby with an unbiased couple desperate for a child.  I don't even think we need Dr. Grandma Marlena to point out the disconnect between wanting to give away little Henry because he was a reminder of the rape yet instead of giving him to an unknown or unrelated couple to live a life free of her family dynamics, Allie kept choosing people who would constantly keep Henry in her orbit (a baby she supposedly resents) but also people who would be a major source of family drama and contention when her adoptive choices were her mother's ex-husband, son, and sister-in-law who also happened to have once kidnapped Allie's own half sister. 

15 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Actually, I would say in the 1950s and before a single mother would have been expected to give a child up for adoption.  She would be sent away to "visit relatives" for a few months and then come back as if nothing had happened.

I agree with you here, but I think we can assume Days didn't go this route not because their values or sexual politics are 21st century, but because even they know they won't be on the air long enough for a surprise Henry to be SORASed and reappear from "out of town" for the next teen scene. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

2. There are plenty of good reasons why Nicole was nothing more than an impulsive adoption pick by an immature Allie, quite possibly chosen simply to spite her mother. Allie has gone through a laundry list of possible adoptive parents, all people she knows and is related to, some who were not even considering adoption till Allie all but dropped the baby in their lap rather than going through a reputable adoption agency and placing the baby with an unbiased couple desperate for a child.  I don't even think we need Dr. Grandma Marlena to point out the disconnect between wanting to give away little Henry because he was a reminder of the rape yet instead of giving him to an unknown or unrelated couple to live a life free of her family dynamics, Allie kept choosing people who would constantly keep Henry in her orbit (a baby she supposedly resents) but also people who would be a major source of family drama and contention when her adoptive choices were her mother's ex-husband, son, and sister-in-law who also happened to have once kidnapped Allie's own half sister. 

I agree that giving up the child to a stranger would have made more sense.  I just have a problem with Sami basically telling her she couldn't make her own decision about adopting out the child.  Can you imagine what she would have done had Roman and Marlena tried to make her choices about Will and she was a heck of a lot younger than Allie at the time.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I agree that giving up the child to a stranger would have made more sense.  I just have a problem with Sami basically telling her she couldn't make her own decision about adopting out the child.  Can you imagine what she would have done had Roman and Marlena tried to make her choices about Will and she was a heck of a lot younger than Allie at the time.

It would have been nice for someone sensible (do we even have a character like that left on this show though?) to have an intelligent conversation with Allie where they addressed adoption by a stranger and got to the root of Allie's issues that seem to range from things with her family dating prior to Henry's conception, her partying socialite lifestyle at the time she got pregnant, and the night of the rape.  But a voice of reason is lacking so that's never happened.  Since Sami didn't (and still doesn't) know about the rape, I think she just felt that Allie was being too hasty about not keeping the baby and would regret it later in addition to not wanting to lose her own grandson. While Sami can be queen of over-the-top in her reactions and methods, I think her heart was still in the right place in regards to Allie. 

As for when Will was born, I'm rather surprised Marlena didn't try to talk Sami into giving Will up for adoption to save Carrie all the heartache when it was believed Austin was the father. Or maybe she did and I missed that episode. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7

All together now: SHUT! UP! LANI!

I almost went Rage!RunningMarket on my TV every time she started in on Eli. Thank God he finally stood up for himself and reminded her that Kristin is an attempted murderer who y'know, deserves to be in jail for her crime(s).

Edited by RunningMarket
adding a word to make correct grammar
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

As for when Will was born, I'm rather surprised Marlena didn't try to talk Sami into giving Will up for adoption to save Carrie all the heartache when it was believed Austin was the father. Or maybe she did and I missed that episode. 

I woudln't have minded if Sami had had a conversation with Allie telling her that she might regret giving the baby up, she should give it a lot of thought, blah, blah, blah, but she went way beyond talking and giving advice.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I woudln't have minded if Sami had had a conversation with Allie telling her that she might regret giving the baby up, she should give it a lot of thought, blah, blah, blah, but she went way beyond talking and giving advice.

Sami did not find out Allie was pregnant until a week or two before Allie gave birth. Allie did not want talk to her mother about her pregnancy and kept insisting on giving her baby to people after having short conversations with them. Allie also refused to tell anyone who the father was or the circumstance regarding how she got pregnant. After Allie gave birth, she a nd Sami were finally able to have a conversation about the baby without fighting and it seemed like Allie was reconsidering keeping her. But then she ran away from town leaving a note in the hospital where she named her mother's worse nemesis to get her grandson. A woman whom she never had any contact with prior to arriving to Salem and spent a month sleeping on Nicole's couch while Nicole egged on Allie's bad feelings about her mom.

That was why Sami went after custody of Henry, because she thought that Allie would regret giving up her son.

• Love 6

Lani, SHUT UP!  Poor Kristen is a mother and a mother should not be in jail. Well, maybe talk to the many women who are in prison who are mothers.  Being a mother does not mean you cannot serve jail time if you commit a crime. Maybe it is time to stop being a cop and find a more meaningful career. Glad Eli finally stood up for himself. 

Prison folks are allowed to access the Internet without supervision? They probably do have banned sites and all.

Lucas, you don't do yelling at Steve Johnson very well. Step back from all this emotion and maybe instead of screaming at everyone under the sun, maybe help your daughter find a way to remember who assaulted her. If everything is vague, then maybe a few sessions with a psychiatrist. Maybe Grandma can recommend someone to help her. 

Allie, you may need a short visit to Bayview for a couple of months. Some counselling is much needed.  All you have done is stew about this for the past few months. Not find some other purpose to your life except living in the spin cycle. You just can't go and fly off the handle and shoot your supposed attacker.  It won't do you any good and you will end up in jail for a while. And the courts may appoint a new guardian. You don't even know that he attacked you. It is a he-said, she-said story with an unfortunate baby that may have questionable parentage. Tripp being in med school should maybe do some investigating as to how he can be the baby daddy when he claims he isn't and the evidence (i.e. paternity test) says he is. There maybe is a more expensive test that can show parentage percent.

If Henry is such a reminder of something you don't even remember, maybe do talk with an adoption agency so you can give the baby to someone who wants him and will offer him unconditional love and not be a resentment to you for the rest of your life.

Hi Chloe! Nice of you to drop by.

Ava to the rescue. Allie is such a lightweight. That's one way to run in to your previously dead mother.

• Love 7

Steve vs. Lucas was fun because Steve maintained his composure throughout while Lucas went on foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog.  But, I appreciate these scenes where each character is coming from a point of view that makes sense for the circumstances, regardless of how they behave.  

If I had any complaint about the Tripp and Allie scenes, it would be that Tripp didn't wince enough when Allie told him she was going to shoot him in his baby-maker.  

You could argue that the show is stuck in a time when abortion or giving up the baby for adoption wasn't a viable option, but it could also be argued that Allie keeping the baby in her orbit was driven by a subconscious motivation to deal with the rape and not have it hinder her psychological well-being for years to come.  But this is a soap, so her psychological well-being will likely be hindered until it's canceled.  

I was relieved that Ava showed up to save Tripp from being scarred for life but the way the scene played out, it was like Ava could see through the door and knew he was in danger.   

• Love 7

Steve and Kayla's entire conversation was so weird. Steve wouldn't need Kayla to say anything....he knows her so well. She shouldn't have to plead with him for him to grasp that she's uncomfortable. He shouldn't be arguing with her about the kid that nearly killed her, who is a MAN with a JOB and can just move into the Inn or something.

I thought I succeeded in skipping the "Allie shoots Tripp's ding dong" plot....but oh dear, that whole scene was embarrassing. Allie blandly claiming she is right to mimic Sami...Tripp calling Ava "Mom"...? No, Ron. No. They never met. He has no illusions about her. The whole sequence of events was farcical. Why should Tripp even smile at her? Bad TV at its finest. Lucas is a good actor but yeah, he looked bored and disappointed. How many shockers can one scene have?

And how exactly did Ava survive being smothered in a hospital surrounded by medical experts who somehow all agreed she was dead dead dead? Bet you 100$ Ron won't even bother to try to explain it. He's graduated to just pulling dead characters out of his hat with a "because I said so!" shrug.

Did Chloe do her lips?

I was surprised she didn't want to see Holly while she was there.

Chloe's "Brady, you man enough to handle both of us, hmmm?" was gross. How any woman would want his pathetic ass is beyond me. They've both had bad relationships with him. 

When did Nicole and Brady resume working at Basic Black together? They were there after the time jump, right? But then Brady quit to chase Kristen and Rachel, right? So...when did he get rehired?

Nicole finally looks great. Nice dress.

• Love 4

I could be down with Ava on my TV screen if they continue to pit her against Allie. The hilarity that Allie is so immature that she was more worried about stealing and losing Grandma Kate's gun instead of the psycho mobster who just disarmed her alongside the psycho mobster who just underestimated how cluesless and naïve Allie really is. Ava's "secret" was toast the minute Allie opened her mouth to Nicole, the second biggest gossip in town, even before Steve saw her with his own two one eyes. It would have only been funnier if Allie would have run into Julie on her way home. 

On a different note, has the Salem Inn hung out it's no vacancy sign yet? At last count, Brady, Ben, Jack, Eli, Chloe, and now Zander have all checked in. If Tripp needs a new place to live and there's still a room left, I don't think he'll be lonely there. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Steve and Kayla's entire conversation was so weird. Steve wouldn't need Kayla to say anything....he knows her so well. She shouldn't have to plead with him for him to grasp that she's uncomfortable. He shouldn't be arguing with her about the kid that nearly killed her, who is a MAN with a JOB and can just move into the Inn or something.

I thought I succeeded in skipping the "Allie shoots Tripp's ding dong" plot....but oh dear, that whole scene was embarrassing. Allie blandly claiming she is right to mimic Sami...Tripp calling Ava "Mom"...? No, Ron. No. They never met. He has no illusions about her. The whole sequence of events was farcical. Why should Tripp even smile at her? Bad TV at its finest. Lucas is a good actor but yeah, he looked bored and disappointed. How many shockers can one scene have?

And how exactly did Ava survive being smothered in a hospital surrounded by medical experts who somehow all agreed she was dead dead dead? Bet you 100$ Ron won't even bother to try to explain it. He's graduated to just pulling dead characters out of his hat with a "because I said so!" shrug.

Did Chloe do her lips?

I was surprised she didn't want to see Holly while she was there.

Chloe's "Brady, you man enough to handle both of us, hmmm?" was gross. How any woman would want his pathetic ass is beyond me. They've both had bad relationships with him. 

When did Nicole and Brady resume working at Basic Black together? They were there after the time jump, right? But then Brady quit to chase Kristen and Rachel, right? So...when did he get rehired?

Nicole finally looks great. Nice dress.

Perfect post regarding this stupid Ava plot and I have no intention on watching Ava Vitalli on my screen.  Ron has made it easy for me to quit this show. I fear that I am not alone in this decision...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I was relieved that Ava showed up to save Tripp from being scarred for life but the way the scene played out, it was like Ava could see through the door and knew he was in danger.   

THIS! TB should have paused as if Ava took in the scene after she burst open the solid door that didn't have a pane of glass. Instead she went right for the gun as if she knew.  Or they needed a throwaway line where Ava credited Rolf for her x-ray vision. 

53 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

'By the grace of God and Wilhelm Rolf!'  I laughed out loud when she said that.  I'm starting to think Dr. Rolf has a legal defense fund scheme where for a million dollar donation he'll bring your dead loved one back from the grave for you. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Loved Ava and Tripp's interaction today. TB is so good at playing fiercely protective mother. Who could have thought she is the sole reason I am actually paying attention to anything involves Tripp and Allie lol. 

Now I am officially behind Sarah/Philip or a storyline that involves Philip/Chloe/Sarah. Either one would be tolerable than Xander/Sarah. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 11:15 PM, Frozendiva said:

Shawn sure got the veil off 'Belle' quickly - hello Jan - something tells me you're not going to get married at this chapel.

And I think this, boys and girls, was the point at which your faithful correspondent officially gave up on this wreck of the show. It's bad enough that Jack has been retconned into an affair with Kate (at least I think it's actually supposed to have happened; who can say for sure?) and that they're hamfisting their way through a consent storyline that's going nowhere good, and taking forever to get there; and that the show runners have decided now is the time to un-fire Banus and Gering -- because why not bring them back when they have almost no ties to the canvas left? And Kate is now randomly sleeping with Jake (which I would think Kate would be almost as likely to do as to sleep with Chad, but no one asked my opinion on the matter).

But for Jan Spears just to show up at a wedding and demand to be married to the man of her dreams (Shawn, for reasons that would escape me, except it's more accurate to say I just don't give a damn) and Shawn just stands there with his mouth hanging open? I didn't get the sense there was any danger to Belle (again, it's possible I don't care at all), so why is anyone putting up with her nonsense? Escort to her to jail. Stop humouring her. Stop listening! Say something, Shawn. "No" would be a good start.

Ughh. I can't with these fools anymore.

• Love 5

Nicole is dressed well today.

On the other hand, Chloe and Sarah are showing a lot of boobage today.

I'm glad that Tripp's first thought was about Joey. But, um, let's not let anybody know I'm still alive, even though we just let Allie go.

Why do these people keep thinking that it's impossible for dead people to come back?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Yeah, Sandman, I feel you. That was embarrassing all round. Why even bother getting a huge WHITE dress for your second remarriage, especially if it's going to be happening in your mother's living room? And Belle is a lawyer. She could have opted for a brief, tasteful ceremony at the courthouse. She should - in theory - know people there. Wouldn't that have been more meaningful than a fake "big" wedding next to a couch? Also, does she really think she's making Shawn feel special by having him repeat his full lovey-dovey vows to her after she broke hers to him? At a time when none of his family are around? Talk about insensitive. "Hey honey look - let's pretend this is the first time all over again...except oh riiiiight....your sister and brother and father are dead....and your mother had a nervous breakdown and left town....but still, isn't it just as magical as before??" All the hooplah was just set-up for Jan's nonsensical drama - Ron's priority.

What's even worse is that Ron wasn't even aware Belle and Shawn weren't married. He had to be told by Ryan Qwan (Quan?) as a "hey, here's a story idea, if you need one!" suggestion. Ron's disinterest in the story showed in how abrupt and short it was. I'm not saying Jan was compelling or anything...I'm definitely not sad to see her gone...but remember when soaps used to actually try to make something out of each character, no matter how minor? They'd figure out what the actor did well and play to that? Or they'd justify keeping a character around by giving them an interesting motivation, or at least figure out a fun set piece for them to be involved in? Jan hung around long enough to make a bit of a mark...but didn't. Wasted potential.

Ron just rotates crazy ladies, and when there's none left, he turns someone sane bonkers. It's so annoying. How long before he has Marlena possessed again? You KNOW he's been considering it! Luckily the show already recycled that plot years ago so hopefully that's off the table.

...I also don't know why Jan would be obsessed with Shawn. I guess I had to have seen him be nice to her one time back in 1999 or whenever to follow this plot *shrugs*

It's also disappointing that Nicole wasn't really involved in her story at all, after she was brought in during the court case. I figured they'd follow that up somehow, since Nicole sans Eric needs all the plot distractions she can get. Instead she's stuck being Allie's social worker/nursemaid.

If it's any consolation, I'm also only tuning in about once a week. I have better things to do. The show is so cringeworthy this year. I thought I'd be happy to see Chloe back, but already, I'm dreading whatever Ron is going to do to her. Have her sleep with Brady? Reunite her with Frowny Face Philip? I thought I'd be excited by the possibilities...but I'm not.

• Love 6
On 12/3/2020 at 2:21 PM, Irlandesa said:

Kill her, Ava.  Put us and her out of her misery.

And she can’t act!

• Love 1

Maggie still hasn’t brushed her wig. Plus it look like it was Sitting a little too far forward on her head today. Maggie your husbands a billionaire you can afford to hire a hairdresser to come to the house a couple/few times a week and style your wig so you don’t look like you slept in it!

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Brady came yesterday to see Nicole and asked if he could come back to Basic Black and she told him no initially because she couldn't count on him when he left the company to run Titan as revenge against Victor and then to go on the lam with Kristen. After talking things out, she agreed for him to come back.

If the show wants me to believe that Allie is in any way like Sami, she would have never allowed Ava to get the gun from her. They are both about the same size, so Allie could have tried to fight her off. And then after losing the guns, she wouldn't stand there helplessly whimpering in fear and then whining that she took her grandmother's gun. Sami would fight back and hurt anyone who attacked her and even if she was overpowered and scared, she would acted defiant and stare down her opponent (even if she was secretly scared). Sami is a scrapper with a lot of fight in her. Allie in all these months has not shown an iota of Sami's spirit.

• Love 6

Times like these I'm glad that Kristian Alfonso, Casey Moss etc who I like aren't on this show anymore because well look at the characters that are still here...

This Allie storyline could've been good on paper but execution is terrible I think seeing Kayla have a POV about rape is the only thing I like about it. Speaking of Kayla the way Steve is acting she looks dumb to want him over Justin(and no I don't think she should've chosen Justin but Steve just looks bad).

Everyone is dumbed down for plot at least on GH when someone is dead there are people that question it and people

Recent example on GH Robert(who was presumed dead at one point}didn't think Holly was dead Laura(who was presumed dead herself at one point)didn't laugh at him saying this or find it absurd she said it was possible because her son turned out to be alive. Holly was found to be alive and managed to surprise us.  On Days though that isn't the case people act all surprised even though most of the town is the walking dead..

• Love 3

So, I’m guessing Tamara Braun is here for another short run?! There doesn’t seem much you can do with her. I was all confused about the Tripp and Ava reunion but then realized Lucas Adams had left the show by that time and it was Joey she was using. Time flies in Salem. Also, Allie asking for her gun back would have been so funny if they weren’t actually playing that Allie was serious. It looks like Nadjia Borlin had work done on her beautiful face. Her bottom half of her face was frozen and her lips looked weird. 

• Love 2

Allie was such a lightweight with Ava and Tripp. Hello mom from the dead, who I have never met and really don't have any reason to trust anything that comes out of your mouth. Allie, you are probably going to luck out and face no charges for what you did. I have wondered why no one asked Tripp to take a lie detector test. Granted, it may not prove anything but if he is telling the truth, someone needs to figure out how he can be Allie's baby's daddy.

Tripp was thoughtful enough to ask his mom about his half-brother being in jail for killing her. She still hates Kayla. He shouldn't be in jail for something that didn't happen, Dr. Rolf or not.

Maggie's wig did look funny.

The Salem Inn must be booked.

Sarah was fast with the USB download. She lucked out. The Kiriakis house probably has an iPad or Chromebook in every room for all its occupants to use.

Allie, you really didn't need to tell Nicole what you did. Maybe she will talk to Lucas about it and arrange for some counselling for Allie. Some stupid revenge is not going to make things better.

Nicole's dress was nice, and it looks like Chloe had some work done on her face. Why she can't work remotely for a while is strange.

• Love 3

Hold up ,did Ron Carlivati change history again to suit his present plot driven nonsense?

Lucas was not telling Allie the truth at all about Sami and Alan Harris ( Whom Greg Rikaart should have played instead of Leo) .

I dont think Sami got a gun and then tried to kill Alan Harris vigilante style after he raped her. 

Alan was the one carrying a gun hoping to rape Sami Again at gun point and they both  got in a struggle and Sami ended up getting the gun and shot Alan's reproductive organs. 

Why is this hack still the Headwriter ? 

Why didnt we see fleshbacks of the Alan /Sami saga ?

Would have gone a long way driving home the fact that Sami was survivor of rape just like Allie. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Its about damn time they were reunited. They should have never actually broken them up. They should have aeast reunited circa 2011 when Chloe was in a coma after getting beat up by Gus . 

All of Chloe's pairings ,except her Philip /Brady pairings ,were epic fails .

From Chloe/Lucas to to Chloe /Stefan and Chloe /Vivian's contrieved son Quinn etc. Hell ,TIIC tried using softcore porn techniques for her pairing with Daniel in a pathetic attempt to convince us that they were a hot couple and that pairing still sucked. 

Same thing applies to Brady, with only his pairing with  Eileen's Kristen being the only decent  pairing he had outside Chloe. 

Brady and Nicole are not couple material and only work well under the "Friends with benefits " mantra. 

Time to put an end to both character's bedhopping and just reunite them once and for all let them have their own son named Wesley Forrest Black . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1