Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Sarah's outfits are always bad and yet I'm still always just completely surprised but how dumb what she's wearing is. An open back, summer maxi dress with combat boots in mid November. OK then.

Phillip's face is such an enigma. Like, what is wrong with it lol?

I'm warming to new Claire. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Lani, as a cop, you do know that there are a lot of mothers who are in prison serving time. Kristen doesn't get a pass because she is one and she is your friend.

Jan, it is pretty creepy to be friends with your enemy's daughter. She is only in her early 20s. Sheesh. Find someone closer to your age. And someone you cannot easily manipulate.

Shawn is still acting Commissioner? Does he have some sort of exchange program or leave of absence from his current job? Belle proposed to him?

Xander shouldn't be so eager to help out his assistant. The assistant's personal life should not be his business. They barely know each other. He's lucky that Theo is her ex-boyfriend and that he is heading back to South Africa.

I thought Sarah's dress had a belt but there was a cut-out in the back. Brrrr for November. At least she is on to something regarding Philip. Who is stalking him?

• Love 7
22 hours ago, SnK said:

Well, the question is whether he's lying.  He did assault Kayla and Joey so he's capable of violence.   I'm not saying he's guilty because I don't know but I can understand why Kayla would doubt him.  He did attack her.    I tend to think Ron won't write him as guilty but I think the story works better if he was. 

Well we saw Trip talking to not dead Ciara at her graveside. And he believably expressed to her that he would never ever rape.

I guess my question is, if he is not the daddy, why does the DNA show that he is? 

• Love 5

God, it was driving me up the wall how much Claire was beating herself up over her horrible misdeed of kissing her ex! She's single and had no commitment to Charlie. She should have been pissed off that he was acting like an ass because she kissed someone else and they're not even dating. That he let her act like she did something wrong does not speak well to his character. And the actor playing Charlie plays everything so flat, it makes it even harder to take. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

All of that. Also, Charlie's 'another one' quip was nasty. She's had like 2 boyfriends. 

I'm hoping the show is being deliberate with this because Charlie will be revealed to be the actual rapist and Ava's other secret child.

On today's episode, we had Lani imperiously staring down both Eli and her dad for daring to keep something from her--like with most of the acting choices done by SS, she has little to no self-awareness that she is in no position to berate anyone about keeping secrets.  But I fear this show thinks we are on Lani's side and that we should all be devastated that Kristen isn't able to live a free life instead of glad that the violent nutjob is behind bars.

Just as I was finally getting fed up with Sarah's cutesy voices, she gutted me with her pained reaction to Rachel.  I do have to question why Rachel is still in that baby coach, she's at least two years old now.

I do love Tripp but he needs to stay away from Allie.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11

1. Shut up Lani.

2. Why doesn't the town install security cameras in that stupid alcove? They would catch basically any wrong doing in the entire county.

3. Shut up Lani.

4. Ava? This is Salem, population 10. It's best not to go prancing around town if you're trying to stay hidden/presumed dead.

5. SHUT UP LANI.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

The Salem PD, lacking as they are, could do a much better job if they patrolled Murder Park since apparently it is now where escaped convicts and presumed dead should-be convicts hang out. I'm not sure who's dumber.

What I am sure about is that eating lunch before that Steve/Ava flashback was a bad idea. 

Is having your best friend throw your baby shower really a hard and fast tradition or was this just another excuse for Lani to whine about Kristin? I have two kids and enjoyed my baby showers thrown by my mother and co-workers just fine. With twins on the way, time for Lani to grow up. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm hoping the show is being deliberate with this because Charlie will be revealed to be the actual rapist and Ava's other secret child.

On today's episode, we had Lani imperiously staring down both Eli and her dad for daring to keep something from her--like with most of the acting choices done by SS, she has little to no self-awareness that she is in no position to berate anyone about keeping secrets.  But I fear this show thinks we are on Lani's side and that we should all be devastated that Kristen isn't able to live a free life instead of glad that the violent nutjob is behind bars.

Just as I was finally getting fed up with Sarah's cutesy voices, she gutted me with her pained reaction to Rachel.  I do have to question why Rachel is still in that baby coach, she's at least two years old now.

I'd like Lani to be presented a choice:  either Kristen spends time in jail, or SHE (Lani) gives birth in prison and spends some time in jail away from her twins (I'm assuming Eli will take them after they're born). Let's put Miss Self-Righteous to the test. Would she really be willing to swap places with her BFF?

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

How is Lani the aggrieved party here? What a worthless character! she has gotten worst and worst.  

I almost feel bad for Eli here being stuck with her if I liked him more I'd be angrier about him being stuck with her. I'm just glad JJ is not involved.

• Love 5

I am way behind and I'm just watching last week's episodes.

I loved Kayla & Steve's argument right before the party. I hate the whole rape storyline but Steve & Kayla have been the only bright spot. I loved Kayla's line about being sick of people denying facts just to suit their purposes.  A little on the nose there considering real life stuff going on at the moment. And I knew it would eventually be said, but as a longtime Steve & Kayla fan having her say that Steve believing his son the "rapist" was an insult to her as a rape survivor and then Steve's gutted reaction hit me in the feels.

Odd acting aside, I cheered when Jack bitched-out Abby for airing his dirty laundry in public. She hurt & embarrassed her mother in front of all her friends and family, but of course Princess Abby can't admit that was wrong. Jack & Kate all of a sudden sharing guilty looks at the party is so dumb considering 1) they live in the same house so they must've been around each other often and 2) the one night stand happened over a year ago. 

I loved Gwen piling Abby with booze and egging her on to open the letter. Right now, I want Gwen to keep getting the better of Princess Abby. I just hope she doesn't turn psycho.

I still don't think Tripp raped Allie. He's not behaving like a man who is guilty - not around other people and not when he's by himself (at Ciara's grave). I would be shocked if it's revealed later that he really is lying and raped Allie. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Did anyone else get the feeling Allie is having 2nd thoughts about Tripp being a horrible person?  She seemed to be making 'goo goo" eyes at him at the end....

Yes, I was thinking hoping her wheels were starting to turn. I figure one of these days some more of her memory of that night is going to come back that will call into question her version of events even more.  Hopefully this happens before Nicole takes out a billboard in Horton Town Square accusing Tripp.

• Love 7

I agree with all the Lani, shut up comments. Wow. You and Eli can both afford to buy things for the baby, so go do it. Who is going to throw you a baby shower? Stop acting entitled and throwing a tantrum because your BFF for a few months is in jail. Hopefully she and Eli are looking to upgrade to a larger apartment to accommodate two cribs, baby furniture, etc. Or maybe they will move in to the Brady Pub!  Of course you want to know what Eli is hiding. Get a friend of out jail card free?

Melinda should point out to Allie that the cost of extraditing two Americans for a crime that may or may not have happened (i.e. Allie was too drunk to remember anything) in London may not raise the interest of the British police/Scotland Yard. A British citizen, maybe. Tripp (if he did do it) would get off because of the actual logistics to prosecute this.

Tripp should stay far away from Allie and only be in contact with her via a lawyer.

Hi Ava! Nice to see you back. Of course you're going to let Joey Johnson rot in jail because you like being dead.

Why do people always use the cliche fireplace poker to want to knock someone out? Philip's facial expressions are just plain weird.

Nice of Brady to let Sarah visit with Rachel. Not really the best idea, but if it works. She and Xander seem to be putting one and one together.

• Love 3
On 11/10/2020 at 4:29 PM, Pearson80 said:

Everything is so contrived nonsensical and offensive. I just cannot stand this rape storyline.

The last thing we need in a post MeToo world is a he said/she said rape storyline. This is not 1995. Read the freaking room. My eyes couldn't stop rolling when Allie acted shocked that a crime committed in a different country can't be tried in the US. Also, Salem, USA? I thought this show had officially gone with Salem being near Chicago, especially when JJ started making Chicago sports team references.

• Love 6
On 11/11/2020 at 10:45 PM, Frozendiva said:

@boes, Are you on vacation?

He said he was going to take a break from DAYS.  Although, you may still find him posting in the Y&R forums.  I haven't looked there recently.  

41 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Philip's facial expressions are just plain weird.

Agreed.  I haven't decided if Jay Kenneth Johnson is trying to have fun with this, or he's pissed he's back on a soap and is trying to make it as ridiculous as possible.  

Now I know why Tamara Braun was in that cast photo I looked at.  I'd forgotten that Joey was in prison for killing her.  Did Tripp hold the scalpel to Kayla's neck because she tried to cover it up to protect Joey?  It's all so easily forgettable.  

I watch all of Lani's scenes as if she's more in love with Kristen than Eli, so every little indiscretion that she observes in Eli is like a validation that her love for Kristen is more pure than her love for Eli.  It makes her a more compelling character, for me, and I think I've watched more of her scenes in that past couple months than I've watched since she started on the show.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I watch all of Lani's scenes as if she's more in love with Kristen than Eli, so every little indiscretion that she observes in Eli is like a validation that her love for Kristen is more pure than her love for Eli.  It makes her a more compelling character, for me, and I think I've watched more of her scenes in that past couple months than I've watched since she started on the show.  

Truth Reaction GIF by moodman

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hi Ava! Nice to see you back. Of course you're going to let Joey Johnson rot in jail because you like being dead.

So Ava is alive? I haven't watched the ep yet.

So Joey has been in jail this whole time and yet she was alive. And Trip gave away his giant inheritance. 🙄

I am assuming that she has some other kid, maybe Charlie, who raped Allie. This is extremely ridiculous and contrived.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Did anyone else get the feeling Allie is having 2nd thoughts about Tripp being a horrible person?  She seemed to be making 'goo goo" eyes at him at the end....

Oh I fully expect them to go for a Tripp/Allie romance after it's revealed Tripp isn't the rapist. Or honestly, probably before. 

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Philip's facial expressions are just plain weird.

I love it so much!

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

The last thing we need in a post MeToo world is a he said/she said rape storyline. This is not 1995. Read the freaking room. 

Ron can't help himself. And he decided to double down this time by doing a 'man falsely accused of rape' story. Fucking hell!

Honestly, as much as I'd hate this too, I really hope we're all wrong and Tripp actually is the rapist. It makes this story slightly less offensive.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Melinda should point out to Allie that the cost of extraditing two Americans for a crime that may or may not have happened (i.e. Allie was too drunk to remember anything) in London may not raise the interest of the British police/Scotland Yard. A British citizen, maybe. Tripp (if he did do it) would get off because of the actual logistics to prosecute this.

Well its a soap and this is Days where they have Kate being a woman men of all ages can't resist, Marlena possessed by the devil etc so this isn't that unrealistic in comparison plus years ago Lawrence raped Jennifer in Alamania and was prosecuted in Salem... despite Lawrence owning Alamainia. This wouldn't be the first time.

I do like Steve/Kayla in this type of story using their own history and is age appropriate. A shame this story sucks though. I do agree they are the best part of this story for me.

They should just pair Lani/Kristen up they have better chemistry and I can FF both of them. Brady can be a bit more watchable to me away from her and Eli would be free. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 6

22 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I'd like Lani to be presented a choice:  either Kristen spends time in jail, or SHE (Lani) gives birth in prison and spends some time in jail away from her twins (I'm assuming Eli will take them after they're born). Let's put Miss Self-Righteous to the test. Would she really be willing to swap places with her BFF?

THIS X 1000.  She will NEVER stop holding it over Eli's head that her BFF is in prison because of HIM, HIM, ONLY HIM!!!!!!  I want one person to point out that if Kristen's ONLY purpose in being in Salem was to "be there for Brady because of John" there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for her to dump Rachel on Lani.  She could still "be there for him" with Rachel in the room.  The ONLY reason she came to Salem was because she wanted sex.  And if Brady truly loved them and wasn't just physically obsessed with Kristen he wouldn't have allowed her to stay, especially after leaving Rachel with Lani.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

See, this is how I like Sarah.  Using her brains and getting Xander to calm down and take a step back.  She can be a good influence when she isn't being preachy.  I think they have potential, especially if they have Xander really trying hard to be better and Sarah genuinely working WITH him to bring down the people who are doing bad things.

This show does a terrible job with children.  They are WELL over a year (sometimes even over two) and they still have them riding around in buggies with blankets over their heads.   Also, Rachel's cry and Henry's cry are virtually indistinguishable from each other - they should sound vastly different.

16 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I am way behind and I'm just watching last week's episodes.

I loved Kayla & Steve's argument right before the party. I hate the whole rape storyline but Steve & Kayla have been the only bright spot. I loved Kayla's line about being sick of people denying facts just to suit their purposes.  A little on the nose there considering real life stuff going on at the moment. And I knew it would eventually be said, but as a longtime Steve & Kayla fan having her say that Steve believing his son the "rapist" was an insult to her as a rape survivor and then Steve's gutted reaction hit me in the feels.

Odd acting aside, I cheered when Jack bitched-out Abby for airing his dirty laundry in public. She hurt & embarrassed her mother in front of all her friends and family, but of course Princess Abby can't admit that was wrong. Jack & Kate all of a sudden sharing guilty looks at the party is so dumb considering 1) they live in the same house so they must've been around each other often and 2) the one night stand happened over a year ago. 

I loved Gwen piling Abby with booze and egging her on to open the letter. Right now, I want Gwen to keep getting the better of Princess Abby. I just hope she doesn't turn psycho.

I still don't think Tripp raped Allie. He's not behaving like a man who is guilty - not around other people and not when he's by himself (at Ciara's grave). I would be shocked if it's revealed later that he really is lying and raped Allie. 

Yes, Tripp is acting too genuinely perplexed to be guilty.  I REALLY want this whole thing over and done with.

• Love 6

I agree it's unlikely Tripp is guilty.  They were so heavy handed talking about the irrefutable DNA evidence, stating that if it wasn't Tripp it has to be Steve. So there has to be a third choice we don't know about yet. Charlie makes sense, especially know that we know Ava put Phillip at Titan so she put Charlie there to spy on him.  Is his father also Steve?

I accidentally hit this button and it will not let me cancel

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, oceanblue said:

I agree it's unlikely Tripp is guilty.  They were so heavy handed talking about the irrefutable DNA evidence, stating that if it wasn't Tripp it has to be Steve. So there has to be a third choice we don't know about yet. Charlie makes sense, especially know that we know Ava put Phillip at Titan so she put Charlie there to spy on him.  Is his father also Steve?

I accidentally hit this button and it will not let me cancel

There's always Joey ...

I think it’ll be unbeknownst to us Tripp donated bone marrow and the recipient is the rapist. This was actually the premise of a pretty famous Jodi Picoult novel so it’d be on trend for Ron to steal that idea and recycle it. 

I still can’t stand Allie and am starting to really dislike Sarah. I like Xander but find it preposterous he’s giving romantic advice to Charlie because he’s the co-CEO and the dude is a stranger and peon intern. And other than Maggie and Sarah, Xander doesn’t give a damn about helping others and he’s never been Mr Sensitive or about Bro codes. 

This version of Claire looks and acts zero like the past Claire and is basically a new character to me. 

Ava was fine w letting her son grieve her death for years for “reasons” ... nice Mom.  

In what world would an innocent person accused of rape repeatedly show up to the victim’s apartment when she’s home alone to “chat”? He’s stupider than Brady if he’s innocent. If he’s guilty and doesn’t want to go to prison he’s also being stupid. 

Phillip keeps making faces like he’s sitting on a cactus. 

I remember the ghost of Haley came back to encourage JJ not to be vengeful or self destructive, instead she should have come back and haunted of Lani or Kristen children’s dolls to give them some act right.

Spec not spoiler that Joeys coming back to Salem. 

Ron is a lawyer in real life... so the way he depicts crime, trials, and prison is outlandish

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

There's always Joey ...

Do you mean the "third choice" Oceanblue mentioned could be Joey? How could he be Allie's rapist considering he's been languishing in jail for some years now. And just a few months ago, Steve & Kayla were lamenting that they can only visit him a few times a month. If he'd been released or escaped, they would have mentioned that, no?

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think it’ll be unbeknownst to us Tripp donated bone marrow and the recipient is the rapist. This was actually the premise of a pretty famous Jodi Picoult novel so it’d be on trend for Ron to steal that idea and recycle it. 

Wow, that would be a hell of a twist and (dare I say) original for this show. And would be preferable to the tired trope of making the rapist Tripp's unbeknownst long-lost (twin or half) brother. 

This version of Claire looks and acts zero like the past Claire and is basically a new character to me. 

Yeah, totally different character; and it doesn't help that she looks 10 years older than the previous Claire.

🤣 From now on, I won't be able to look at Philip anymore without thinking of this. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I have been trying to understand what is going on with his face? If he didn't do the sitting on a cactus face, he could look like a normal and attractive man. But the actor is choosing this weird thing, almost like he thinks he is starring in Dark Shadows, and not DOOL.

dark shadows mill GIF

Edited by bannana
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

7 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Do you mean the "third choice" Oceanblue mentioned could be Joey? How could he be Allie's rapist considering he's been languishing in jail for some years now. And just a few months ago, Steve & Kayla were lamenting that they can only visit him a few times a month. If he'd been released or escaped, they would have mentioned that, no?

And Ava used to be dead but here we are lol. The past does not matter. They can just retcon it.

Although I believe Phillip actually talked to Ava the other day about Joey being in jail for killing her so I don't think Joey will be the rapist.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2020 at 9:35 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I think that’s just the terrible “acting” on her part. 

• LOL 4

I tuned in a bit this week (Thursday? Friday?) and love all y'alls thoughts. The only way to even remotely enjoy Lani is to read her as deeply closeted and in love with Kristen. I actually hope they go there because I can't stand Lani or Kristen 2.0. Let them go f-off, literally. (The show will never feature another gay couple, but they should.)

Did anyone else fall a little bit in love with Melinda when she was gentle with strident Allie and then sympathetic towards obviously-not-a-rapist-Tripp? That she would remember his relationship with her daughter and agree he's likely not guilty, but still not meddle in what is ultimately not her call? Excellent. That's what we call "professionalism". Lani, take notes. Melinda displayed more humanity and class in that episode than most of our lead characters.

I'm so sick of Allie....and what bothers me is that she doesn't even remotely seem like the kind of girl who partied hard and bought designer handbags with grandma's credit card, just to drive Mom nuts. She looks like a babysitter who dreams of being behavioral therapist or something. This actress was miscast. We needed more of a Jen Lilley/Theresa type to buy any of this. Whenever I see Allie folding laundry or looking at Henry lovingly I'm like, "Yup - that makes sense. Looks about right." She looks like a gentle person who would rather read a book than stay up late. I'm not saying the two are mutual exclusive, but you know what I mean. You cast an actor based on the story you're about to tell. They wanted to tell a story about a party girl who didn't realize she was raped until a year later and cast....this girl? Really? I can't imagine her being fall-over drunk, least of all making a habit out of it.

Ava came back with attitude, which works. I hated how wishy-washy/fakey she was in her last appearance, pretending to be better and playing on Joey's emotions. Her being a straight bitch works better, I guess. No need for her to be back but if they chose to bring her back, this was a more compelling tone to establish.

Still, I feel so badly for Joey. Like, the anguish of falling for an older woman who ends up only using you, and then who rapes your father and attacks your mother...so you kill her, but then everyone covers up for you and then the guilt eats you alive so you turn yourself in? DANG. I want him back on the show but he would be incredibly emo. A Philip 2.0.

Which brings me to Philip and his cactus face (LOL). He really looks weathered and horrible and it does seem like he's stretching his jaw to emphasize it. Philip is a much better person than Xander, but Xander is infinitely more likeable. And am I the only one finding it hard to believe that Philip got into hawk with the mob, in particular a DEAD WOMAN who has caused all sorts of hell for people in Salem? How did they even meet up. "Oh hey - wait...aren't you dead? Nevermind. Got some extra cash I could borrow?" And wasn't he *just* on the receiving end of Deimos' thuggery when he left town? Wouldn't he want nothing to do with anyone remotely shady?

See, I could completely believe Kate was privately bankrolling Philip while he was off-canvas and that they'd both lost a lot of money in the process and that's why they weren't speaking or spending time together. Much more believable. And then maybe we wouldn't have had Kate having pity sex with Jack as a substitute for an actual story. God, those hookup flashbacks were so nauseating. Why demean LK like that show? Why?

Anyway, I'm really bothered by Ava being alive because the show is throwing out months and years of storylines for the sake of...what? Think about everything that is no longer worth remembering: Joey killing Ava, the coverup, Tripp's revenge plot against Kayla, the head of the ISA flipping out over the coverup (Van Dorne was her name..?), Tripp murdering her to save everyone, Joey turning himself in and doing time, Tripp giving up his inheritance....all of that is now filler. Pointless. How many hours of writing and filming and us watching it have now been rendered utterly pointless? I guess this is how y'all felt when the Coleen/Santos storyline was handwaved abruptly so Brady and Theresa could bump uglies.

...I hate it when writers waltz in and wipe out of existence other people's work...build from what is already there, or just ignore it and build something new.

The highlight has been Belle wanting to remarry Shawn...but why was the scene all of two seconds long? This is a nice thing. A happy thing. A beautiful thing. The wife who cheated getting the other man out of their lives and promising herself to her husband again. That's the kind of resolution fans of this couple have been waiting for. So naturally...it gets no time.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm so sick of Allie....and what bothers me is that she doesn't even remotely seem like the kind of girl who partied hard and bought designer handbags with grandma's credit card, just to drive Mom nuts. She looks like a babysitter who dreams of being behavioral therapist or something. This actress was miscast. We needed more of a Jen Lilley/Theresa type to buy any of this. Whenever I see Allie folding laundry or looking at Henry lovingly I'm like, "Yup - that makes sense. Looks about right." She looks like a gentle person who would rather read a book than stay up late. I'm not saying the two are mutual exclusive, but you know what I mean. You cast an actor based on the story you're about to tell. They wanted to tell a story about a party girl who didn't realize she was raped until a year later and cast....this girl? Really? I can't imagine her being fall-over drunk, least of all making a habit out of it.

Her sweet, whispery voice drives me up the wall, too. The actress would have been better suited to play a sweet Carrie-like ingenue instead of what they're writing her as. We have the reverse problem we had with OG Teen Ciara.They were trying to write Teen Ciara as a sweet ingenue, but her face and voice were more suited to playing her as something more like Jo from the Facts of Life with a touch of Teen Erica from All My Children. Hell, the actress's leaked audition basically implied they were going to write Ciara as a bit of a bad girl, which would have been consistent with Child Ciara's characterization. Instead they wrote her a character that she wasn't right to play, and immediately plunged the actress into a rape storyline which didn't do the actress any favors, similar to what's going on now with Allie. People may have had their issues with Konefal but when they recast it does feel like they went with the characterization they should have gone for in the first place, and the actress could play it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

You guys have a point about Allie I don't look at her and think she would be this hard party girl they're describing her as. 

She reminded me of Mia (Chad's first GF and mother of his daughter Grace).... more than anything.

Eli is going to be portrayed as a bad guy in all of this I'll make sure to FF those scenes.. if they want to make him a bad guy have him off his pregnant wife and try to cover it up. That would be worth it.

• Love 9

Allie does not come across as a partier or any sort of fun-loving, vivacious young woman. She is rather drab. Can’t see her as a Sloane Ranger type, hitting the London high streets, hanging around the West End or anywhere near the London hotspots. The actress playing Ciara would have been a better fit.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree that would be a better story for Kate tbh. 

I think LK likes to play a character that's still desirable even Kate dried up a decade ago.

Kate reached her peak back in 2005 when she had that hot relationship with John . 

• Love 2

So we're supposed to believe that Kristen's changed and yet she has zero compunction in not only keeping Ava's evil plans secret but in keeping Ava's very existence from the authorities?  Kristen is willfully allowing a known criminal to continue roaming around Salem and she's helping to keep an innocent young man in prison but according to Brady and Lani, she's super-awesome and a better person now.  And what will Lani think when she learns that while Kristen was supposedly working on becoming a nun, she was also offering her "sage" advice to Ava?

I loved Brady and Lani's disgusted reaction to Eli's "tricking" Kristen...into telling the truth.  I feel horrible at how morally bankrupt Rachel and the twins are going to be because they are being raised by such twisted parents.  At least Tate's away from this and being raised by his mom--Theresa, who actually did change for the better and who made the right choice in the end.

Color me surprised that the show went there and called Ava a rapist--too bad they don't have the guts to call Kristen that as well--and Tripp's subsequent horrified reaction was well done.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 13

The only explanation for this is that Kristen and Lani hooked up in the nunnery and Lani loves her more than her husband, otherwise this makes zero sense. Eli should let her go to jail with her BFF and take the twins and run

And yeah nice Kristen letting Joey sit in jail for a murder that he did not commit AND lied to her true love Brady about it.

At least Allie seemed to consider Tripp might be telling the truth

Marlena has no life I guess? Just goes around busy bodying. Glad she is on the Kristen love train too. Blech

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Marlena has no life I guess? Just goes around busy bodying. Glad she is on the Kristen love train too. Blech

Seriously? How did that happen?  Marlena has always hated Kristen more than anyone else.

• Love 3

At some point in today's episode 🎵Everybody Plays the Fool 🎵popped into my head except the lyrics changed to 'Everybody IS a Fool.'  (Sing it with me!)  Seriously Lani and Allie, get out the forks because you are going to eat crow.  But hey, Lani has no room to complain because her alternative could be eating prison food with her bestie. 

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I thought for sure Marlena was going to offer her hypnotizing services to Allie when she sensed doubt in Allie's slowly spinning mind, but nope the obvious possible solution to sorting out Tripp and Allie's conflicting stories remains unspoken right along with getting some of that memory serum from Rolf.  

Just like I thought as a psychiatrist and mother of three, Marlena might have pointed out to Kristin that toddlers often burst into tears and throw 'no I don't want to leave' fits whenever separated from someone they enjoy spending time with. It wasn't necessarily a jailbird mom problem. (Sorry Kristin it's not always about you.)  Seriously have these women in their 50 and 60 years of life never seen a child having to leave a toy store? 😭 And on that note, generally the promise of a trip to the toy store or ice-cream parlor calms them pretty quickly. Rachel is less than 2 years old. She's going to have a short attention span. I don't expect Brady to know that as he usually seems pretty relieved to pawn his kid off on the closest babysitter, but I rather expected Marlena to have the knowledge and insight. 

On 11/15/2020 at 2:16 AM, bunnyblue said:

In Ron's world I have no doubt he'd have Allie drunk sleep walk across the pond, get kidnapped by Clyde, and be driven by Orpheus in a stolen car to the prison where they were hosting One Night Stand Conjugal Visit Night and Joey decided to come out of his cell, see what all the fuss was about, and attend. At which point, Allie can only hope that little Henry doesn't have Stefano's "essence" in additional to Steve-related DNA.  

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Kristin: How dare those prison guards enforce visiting rules, and make me say goodbye to my child!

Although I did like the flashes of Evil!Kristin with Ava. Way more interesting.

Would it have killed Brady or Lani to even imply that while it's so meeeeean that Kristin is in jail, that she's y'know, actually guilty? (Brady almost got there when he was explaining the confession to Lani.)

• Love 5

Whoo hoo, Lani's gonna be jealous which would be the best story this show could tell with the trio of Kristen, Ava and Lani.  They might be garbage people but Kristen and Lani have a very intimate-feeling friendship and Tamara Braun is not a stranger to same sex chemistry. 

I'm going to be obsessed with how bad this Jack/Kate story is.  It would have been so much more interesting if Gwen had overheard something, misinterpreted and then invented a letter.  It'd show her as more calculating (and fun) but we'd still have a similar story but keeping the characters in character.  Jack wouldn't cheat but he would develop a close friendship with a member of the opposite sex.

• Love 5

Deleted scenes that would probably have been more interesting than the ones we watched today…

Rachel when it’s time to say good-bye to mommy at the prison:

GettyImages-166828735-57c889a33df78c71b6

Brady: “What am I supposed to do? This is all Eli’s fault!”Brady-Black.jpg

Rolf, fed up with toddler wails: “I have a serum that will shut her up!”

rolf-2-1.jpg

Clyde: “I could sing her a song.”

days-of-our-lives-spoilers-1.jpg

Rolf’s response:

latest?cb=20190903152814

Clyde: “Fine, I can sell her some drugs to quiet her down.”

EK4p-ElXYAEXNB9.jpg

Orpheus: “I could kill her grandfather and make her cry even loud-er.”

nbc-days-of-our-lives-dool-spoilers-orph

Prison guard (probably shown off screen cause Days has no budget): “Hey kid, your dad’s loaded. He’ll buy you lots of ice-cream on the way home if you leave quietly.”

OIP.REvHDo5aYytCB0EGnPixwAHaLG?pid=Api&r

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 15

Unlike others here, Lani hasn't bothered me much, in fact I like her, and I've liked her friendship with Kristen.  But she's being ridiculous right now, as a) Kristen is guilty of stabbing Victor, not like being framed or something,  and b) if not for Eli, Lani would be in prison right now, and would either be about to give birth and raise her twins in prison, or give birth and say goodbye to her babies, and only see them on visiting days.  Course if the visiting schedule is as open as Kristen's, that would probably be several times a day. LOL.

Back to friendships, as I posted, I liked the friendship between Lani and Kristen, as ridiculous as it is, and I think I'm going to like the friendship between Ava and Kristen.  Not the same as the 80s with Hope and Melissa, and the 90's(?) with the last blast gang, but still nice to see characters have friends, and not just significant others.

• Love 2