Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Marlena should keep John in the hospital or some extended care centre for a bit. He is still very unstable. He became violent at the bar when the burger wasn't coming. Yes, Roman should be in the loop about his grand-daughter, but volatile John is not the way to go. Sometimes brain injuries do not reverse and John may be like he is for the rest of his life.

Pfft. What's the over/under on ANOTHER Rolf brain chip being involved?  😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Well, it finally happened. I agreed with something Ben said. Marlena should be at home with her ailing husband, not making random house calls (hotel calls?) to her one and only client.

Also, Ben stay there with Rage!John around? That would be hilariously bad... for Ben.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sandman said:

This surprises me somehow. I feel like there ought to be other contenders in the DNA Switcheroo Sweepstakes, but I don't know -- I haven't made a comprehensive survey of the field.

Xander (and Victor)?  Didn't they switch the results for Rachel/Mackenzie?

Another Ron C prison breakout. The last one (on GH) was fun for awhile so why not? As long as Orpheus doesn't save the life of the mayor's daughter and get pardoned ... 

At this point soaps for me are all about enjoying individual scenes. Watching Gwen connive and Jake needle her entertains me.

I remember when Chad used to entertain me. Sigh. I'm all up for Chad being de-Dimera'd. I'd rather have him de-AbiWailed but I'm not that lucky. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

If you skip all the scenes involving Ben this episode is awesome. I am so down for this blackout/prison break thing and pumped for this party Gwen is planning.

Oh I thought the Ben and Ghost!Ciara!! scenes were hilarious! Ben is dreaming of his wife wearing a belly shirt and tight leather pants..so, um, angelic? Even dead she's annoying as hell yammering on about how HE CHANGED. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Can others who watched LG on The Bold and the Beautiful chime in?  I recall she played her character on that soap in the same way.

She's far more irritating with the baby talk here on Days. She did a bit of it on Bold but it depended on which version of Caroline was being written. She started as a good girl and had more tendency to baby talk though she didn't overdo it. Then they had her being more of a scheming bad girl and that baby talk stuff disappeared completely. She was actually far more fun as the bad girl. I think LG was much better playing the bad girl.

Anyway despite the baby talk I do tend to like Sarah and I do like her pairing with Xander. Though let's face it, there are slim pickings on this show!

I am not enjoying this alleged rape storyline. Probably because I don't like Allie but also I am thoroughly over rape being used in storylines.

• Love 5

Why is Marlena making a house call to Ben's Salem Inn Room? How can he afford that room? She's offering to let him stay with her and John? Why? How big is her mansion condo? Do spare guestrooms just pop out of the Poptart box? Yes, show an interest in your patient. But book a professional appointment, if the patient wants to see you. Or refer him to a grief counsellor.

She seemed really taken with him as a success case. Perhaps she'd like to adopt him?

The whole Ciara dream thing was odd. If she is angelic why is showing up in that garb? Sure, she 'saved' him, but the reality is that he needs to save himself. His whole world cannot be based on Ciara. He needs to find other people and make new friends and consider his path right now as being on the good side. No, killing Vincent will not help him and just take him to the Statesville ride of Death Row.

The Three Amigos are pretty good in causing a power blackout at both Statesville and Salem. Did Orpheus climb all the stairs to the penthouse? Clyde managed to make it to the Salem Inn? Rolf used the tunnels? Seriously - seal the door or put a new lock on it so no one can get in. Perhaps Rolf should have gone to the wine cellar first.

Why are Jennifer and Jack at the Salem town centre? Some places would have generators and the power folks would be investigating the source o the blackout and starting repairs.

I liked Abigail going after Chad. About time she speaks up.

Jake's hair has grown. I do like him and Gwen - they have an interesting dynamic.

• Love 3

Clyde and Orpheus?  That seemed to come out of nowhere.  At least we got a Dr Rolf sighting out of the deal.  And while I wasn't watching when Orpheus held Marlena captive, I always get a chill when he shows up on her doorstep/in her living room unannounced.  

It's harder for me to root for Gwen when Marci Miller is inhabiting Abigail.  I have such a soft spot for her.  I loved Abigail pointing out to Chad how he made his was up the DiMera Enterprises ladder.  

What?  Cady McClain already?  I thought she was a post-Covid addition.  Is this some kind of mind game they're playing?  Jack staring off into the sunset and musing about whether the power outage was the result of a jail break was so cheesy that I almost laughed out loud.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Has Cady started airing yet? Did she get the “the role of Jennifer Horton is now being played by.........” introduction? That’s a soap rite of passage. LOL!!!!

Yes...and no introduction.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He needs to find other people and make new friends and consider his path right now as being on the good side. No, killing Vincent will not help him and just take him to the Statesville ride of Death Row.

He should do all of that, you know, away from Salem. Also, if killing Vincent would get him on death row then by all means, go ahead and kill Vincent, bud! But the town would probably just throw him a parade and give him a key to the city.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

What?  Cady McClain already?  I thought she was a post-Covid addition.  Is this some kind of mind game they're playing?  Jack staring off into the sunset and musing about whether the power outage was the result of a jail break was so cheesy that I almost laughed out loud.  

I believe this story with the blackout/prison break was filmed post-lockdown as a little filler thing to get the Halloween eps up to date. But honestly the whole thing is very confusing to me so I really don't know lol. Also, I rolled at Jack doing that. It was so cringe!

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Has Cady started airing yet? Did she get the “the role of Jennifer Horton is now being played by.........” introduction? That’s a soap rite of passage. LOL!!!!

They don't do that anymore. I miss it!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Oh I thought the Ben and Ghost!Ciara!! scenes were hilarious! Ben is dreaming of his wife wearing a belly shirt and tight leather pants..so, um, angelic? Even dead she's annoying as hell yammering on about how HE CHANGED. 

Not since Emily Quartermaine Cassadine came back at the Happiest!Ghost!Evah have I laughed so hard at a "tender" reunion. Ben, honey, she should be wearing something voluminous and white, like she just popped out of the Pearly Gates for a visit. Not like she just hopped off the stripper pole to pick up a dollar. 

11 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I am not enjoying this alleged rape storyline. Probably because I don't like Allie but also I am thoroughly over rape being used in storylines.

Allie's not doing it for me. She's right and everyone else is WRONG. I'm half expecting her to start her own cult so she can share her full philosophy of life. I guess if your parents are screechy schemers you're starting at a disadvantage but does she have to have her head so far up Nicole's nether parts? I take that back, I'd like Allie more if she schemed. The screechy part, tho. Nope.

I hate this rape s/l less than I thought. That's not a rave review but seeing Steve & Kayla actually try to think their way out of a problem is a refreshing change. They'll screw it up because this is Days and DNA doesn't mean a thing in Salem. Just ask John Black.

• Love 5
On 10/19/2020 at 4:26 PM, norcalgal said:

Can others who watched LG on The Bold and the Beautiful chime in?  I recall she played her character on that soap in the same way.

LG's tactics were more toned-down, consistent and somewhat balanced on B&B because she had a much more experienced scene-partner in the driver's seat.  She even said that he had a way to make her feel better and confident in front of camera. 

As for her "over-the-top" baby-voice and excessive display of cutesy on Days, maybe it's more deliberate on her part? Because this problem is more persistent when she's in scenes with PT, but not so much with KL or GV. Kyle, for example, is more expressive and adapted for conveying emotions and personality changes than Paul. So there's no need on her part to add or trying something in order to make the scenes flow.

It probably would help to alleviate this problem to some extent, if TPTBs focus less on Xarah romance and let LG have more scenes with other male actors - Philip/Sarah interaction last Friday was a good start. If they could bring back KL then that would be great too, because she had great chemistry with him.    

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Clyde and Orpheus?  That seemed to come out of nowhere.  At least we got a Dr Rolf sighting out of the deal.  And while I wasn't watching when Orpheus held Marlena captive, I always get a chill when he shows up on her doorstep/in her living room unannounced.  

It's harder for me to root for Gwen when Marci Miller is inhabiting Abigail.  I have such a soft spot for her.  I loved Abigail pointing out to Chad how he made his was up the DiMera Enterprises ladder.  

I was disappointed we didn't get a scene with Orpheus and his "associate," presumably Dr. Rolf.  That was a missed opportunity to see their deliciously twisted minds spin.  But I agree that Orpheus makes the best appearances, casually lounging in wait in people's homes. If only they could dig up his old theme music. Back in the day his entrances used to be accompanied by this dramatic villainous horn. 

Also agree that Jack and NuJen's scene was a jarring exposition insert that seemed unnecessary.  Could have been better told and depicted by showing Orpheus and Rolf plotting in jail. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Is this whole blackout storyline supposed to be real or one of those fake jokey ones they have once in while, that turn out to be entirely imagined by a character thanks to a fever dream, a drug hallucination or an alleged out-of-body experience? And at the end someone turns to the camera to say "just kidding" , "trick or treat!" or "April's Fool", as the case may be. Except that this time it appears that it will extend over several episodes instead of just a single one.

16 minutes ago, wurdalak said:

Is this whole blackout storyline supposed to be real or one of those fake jokey ones they have once in while, that turn out to be entirely imagined by a character thanks to a fever dream, a drug hallucination or an alleged out-of-body experience? And at the end someone turns to the camera to say "just kidding" , "trick or treat!" or "April's Fool", as the case may be. Except that this time it appears that it will extend over several episodes instead of just a single one.

No unfortunately, I think this is for real. especially the scenes of Clyde talking Ben down from killing Vincent.

I did like watching Dr. Rolf chew the scenery with Chad, especially when the poor mad scientist started weeping at hearing that Stefano is truly dead.  But then we also had Princess Abs preening that it was her and Chad's deep abiding love which is apparently as epic as Jack and Jennifer's deep abiding love that stopped Chad from going to the dark side.  Please Gwen, can't you sped up your plans to destroy Abs?  PLEASE!!??

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think they were scenes we never saw.  I think I remember reading something about Thao P being on set and filming some scenes after the pandemic.  But I could be making that up as well.

Be still, my heart! 

• Love 2

The 'flashbacks' seemed to be new scenes. Poor Dr. Rolf in finding out that his dear Stefano is now dead-dead-dead, unless the microchip can be found and rebuilt. Enough of the character. His being dead is more interesting than the DiMera children.

So Lani walked up how many flights of stairs to get to Marlena's condo? Or the elevator has a generator to keep it moving? She actually believes Marlena?

Clyde probably only had a couple of flights of stairs to go to Ben's room. I still really like James Read as an actor. He always sells it. First time he has shown any compassion for his son. And he is right to tell him to not kill Vincent. Eli, maybe you should have gone to Marlena's and let Lani walk up one flight of stairs at the Salem Inn.

Food is not going to go bad in a fridge during a power blackout almost immediately. If you don't open the fridge, you probably get at least 24 hours. Freezer, up to 48. 

Gwen sure is nosey about Jack and Jennifer. Nice of Abs to tip her off that her parents weren't always the happily ever after type. Abs is too busy to look at a simple menu? All she really has to do is approve the amount spent, mention any allergies to the caterer/restaurant, and that's it. If Gwen is good at party planning, she can easily find food to please everyone.

Am still surprised to see how well-lit the blackout folks are. I hauled in my outdoor solar light for some light in my house and I have the nightlights in my house that have a flashlight, plus I also have 5 years' worth of candles.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Am still surprised to see how well-lit the blackout folks are. I hauled in my outdoor solar light for some light in my house and I have the nightlights in my house that have a flashlight, plus I also have 5 years' worth of candles.

Lol, I was gonna say, the moon must be super bright in Salem right now. I could hardly tell the difference in lighting when the 'blackout' happened.

13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
22 hours ago, ByaNose said:

They don't do that anymore. I miss it!

When DID they stop doing that? I feel like it's been many many years.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, ByaNose said:

???  Is this a temporary thing, or is Missy Reeves not coming back to Days any longer?  And if MR is no longer on Days, was it a mutual parting or was she fired?  [MA can give her tips on being fired since DOOL has done this to him soooo many times 😠 ].

19 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

???  Is this a temporary thing, or is Missy Reeves not coming back to Days any longer?  And if MR is no longer on Days, was it a mutual parting or was she fired?  [MA can give her tips on being fired since DOOL has done this to him soooo many times 😠 ].

Sounds like it was her choice related to COVID.  She did just have two grandchildren so it could also be related to that.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Sounds like it was her choice related to COVID.  She did just have two grandchildren so it could also be related to that.

And, technically she wasn’t signed to a contract because they were resigned when they came back in September, right? She didn’t really quit as she just didn’t return. The same thing with KA. It was a risk TPTB were taking when they “fired” everyone over the break. That said, Missy might want to come back later when things settle down but it appears that she’s quite happy with her Scott Reeves, kids and grandkids. She’s been working there since she was a teenager (breaks in between) and, probably has enough money saved up. Also, Days isn’t the same as it used to be and I think Reeves and Alfonso had enough. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

John and Marlena live in a floating condo.  Whichever floor they're living on depends on the Plot-of-the-Day, so I think Lani only had to go up one flight of stairs for this storyline.  

There was a light reflecting in the dark of Orpheus' eye when he was holding Marlena by the arms and telling her she had to make a choice, which gave me goosebumps when I noticed it.  

I loved the irony of a Dick Dastardly villain like Clyde telling Ben he had nothing better to do than be at Ciara's memorial and trying to talk him out of killing Vincent.  A father loves his son.   

Poor Dr Rolf!  I don't need to see another actor trying to incarnate Stefano DiMera but that was Dr Rolf's life's work!  I was hoping he'd shoot that little twit Chad right in the heart, although I had a feeling that Tony kept the actual Stefano microchip and what Chad burned was an impostor.  But why do the writers continue to have Dr Rolf say Stefano's "essence" when the riddle of human consciousness is an actual human endeavor???  The microchip would contain a model of Stefano's consciousness.  

• Love 8

I'm getting caught up, and watched Friday's and Monday's shows last night (maybe Tuesday too, I forget where I stopped).  But did anyone else notice the horrible continuity in the Sarah/Xander scenes?  In one, she's moping on the bed and pulls his jacket over her as a blanket.  In the next scene, Xander is downstairs arguing with Philip - wearing that jacket.

Little things like this are a pet peeve of mine.  Someone in production should pick up on these before they get to me...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I'm getting caught up, and watched Friday's and Monday's shows last night (maybe Tuesday too, I forget where I stopped).  But did anyone else notice the horrible continuity in the Sarah/Xander scenes?  In one, she's moping on the bed and pulls his jacket over her as a blanket.  In the next scene, Xander is downstairs arguing with Philip - wearing that jacket.

Little things like this are a pet peeve of mine.  Someone in production should pick up on these before they get to me...

I thought it was a black blanket, but if it was his jacket that is horribly bad continuity.

My reaction to that scene is, she just hops into bed wearing her dress and makeup?

17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

17 hours ago, ByaNose said:

And, technically she wasn’t signed to a contract because they were resigned when they came back in September, right? She didn’t really quit as she just didn’t return. The same thing with KA. It was a risk TPTB were taking when they “fired” everyone over the break. That said, Missy might want to come back later when things settle down but it appears that she’s quite happy with her Scott Reeves, kids and grandkids. She’s been working there since she was a teenager (breaks in between) and, probably has enough money saved up. Also, Days isn’t the same as it used to be and I think Reeves and Alfonso had enough. 

Thanks for the replies.  Unless Jack & Jen are played by both MA and MR, it's not really Jack & Jen for me. I know these roles have been played by other people before, but I think most fans feel as I do - Jack Devereaux & Jennifer Rose Horton are best played by these actors.

• Love 6

Well, Dr. Rolf, blackmailing Gwennie so she can release you from the ropes and then fake being clonked on the head by you - well done.

Eli really believed Ben when he said he hadn't seen his dad? After all the time it took him to stumble to the door in his pitch black hotel room?

John was fast asleep and now he can't find Marlena and thinks she went to visit Ben? During a blackout? No street lights, traffic lights out of order, etc.?

Jan, you certainly know how to make an entrance.

• Love 4

Three cheers for Gwen!  YAY!  Dr Rolf vs. Gwen was good fun.  She scored some major brownie points with me helping him to escape after that little twit, Chad, tied him up.  It was funny, though, that Gwen was so confident Chad and Abigail would believe her over Dr Rolf, but then she seemed sheepish when Chad was so confused as to how Rolf could break through those ropes.  

Did they get a new writer on the script writing team?  Belle and John actually had an intelligent Nature-vs-Nurture conversation there for a minute.  

The three escaped criminals were able to outsmart the Scooby Doo Gang that function as the Salem Police Dept.  All is well in the Universe.  

Jan Spears and her SPOOOOKY flashlight made me chuckle.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

My takeaway?  I thank the soap gods that our boy Dr. Rolf is okay--his and Gwen's interactions were the highlight of the episode and I am enjoying how easily she's playing the Chabby--GO GWEN 🙂

I was thrown off by John's calling Belle "Izzy", I'd forgotten that her first name was Isabelle--whoops.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was thrown off by John's calling Belle "Izzy", I'd forgotten that her first name was Isabelle--whoops.

I also forgot for a moment that's her name. I loved that though because John use to call Isabella "Izzy B". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I thought it was a black blanket, but if it was his jacket that is horribly bad continuity.

My reaction to that scene is, she just hops into bed wearing her dress and makeup?

I'm fairly certain it was his jacket.  I thought it was just silly that she kicks him out, but then immediately misses him and wants his jacket.

Yes! And a dress still covered in red wine!  Why didn't she just take it off?  I understand she was fighting with Xander and didn't want to succumb to his advances, but the bathroom was right there.  Go in there to change and keep arguing through the door.  Duh.  

• Love 5

Philip, Xander and Claire were all a bit too much today but I kind of dig it.  I like Xander/Sarah, dig the Xander/Philip stuff and actually think I could legitimately love a Sarah/Philip pairing (which means, I like you Xarah but it's so hard to find a pairing to legit love these days).

• Love 2

It was a dark and stormy night in Salem….except it wasn’t storming which made Claire’s “who could sleep through this?” statement even more head scratching.  Come on, if you’re asleep in the dark you probably won’t notice if the lights go out. Assumedly how ever Orpheus and Rolf took out the power they didn’t cause a big explosion. Probably bribed or threatened an employee of the power company. But I digress, apparently a fear of the dark runs in the family since Belle was fretting the safety of her parents even though she was oblivious to the fact that the outage was caused by 3 escaped convicts. I mean, I might call my own parents during a power outage to see if they also lost power, but I don’t generally assume they are in danger simply because the lights are out. Shouldn’t Belle have been more concerned about her young daughter running around town at midnight? And does Belle not lock the door when she’s home alone in the dark that she’s afraid of or does Hope (a cop) have such a shitty locks? Why do Belle and Shawn keep referring to it as their house? Looks like Hope’s place to me. Where is Hope supposed to be? I didn’t notice Belle step over her on the floor where I last saw her crying. Or is that who she tripped on?

Meanwhile, Titan’s security system in an outage locks its late night employees in but allows outsiders to enter the building hence Charlie’s bright idea to call Claire (who he just met) at midnight rather than a security guard or his bosses who were both still up and arguing.  

I personally thought Ben should have answered the door holding his gut and looking ready to hurl or crap himself. Might have explained better why he took so long to answer and made Eli go away faster. 

I bet John’s going to be mad as hell when he realizes just how badly those pain pills knocked him out. But as Orpheus would say, “you live, you learn.”

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Claire just met Charlie and she already has his name in her phone directory?

I'm thinking that doors locking during a blackout is probably a violation of fire codes.

I don't think those eight people or so who were at the get together in New York was the entire graduating class.

I wonder how the show was planning on having Ben to reconsider killing Vincent before they stuck in the filler episodes.

Why would Claire shaking the door from the outside work any better than Charlie shaking the door from the inside?

"What is it that she really wants?" You, Shawn, haven't you been paying attention?

If Charlie had to stay, why did he need the door open?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Come on, if you’re asleep in the dark you probably won’t notice if the lights go out. Assumedly how ever Orpheus and Rolf took out the power they didn’t cause a big explosion.

I think Phillip said something today about a blown transformer so that could make a loud noise. Even so, it was still all very dumb lol.

If it was 'the middle of the night' or 'midnight' then why was everyone but Sarah still dressed? Do Xander and Phillip just sleep in their suits? Or does no one in Salem actually sleep? That might explain why everyone is so stupid all the time.

I simultaneously like the Xander/Sarah/Phillip thing and find it deeply irritating. I think I like the idea but I find Sarah insufferable and I don't like Xander when he's around her. Phillip continues to entertain me.

Jan looked really old today. Sorry lol. She's fun and I liked all those scenes.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Ok Xander time to cut your losses and move on. What kind of girlfriend a) discusses their personal business in front of someone she knows hates him and b) takes the other guys side constantly when its clear to anybody with a brain he is using her to goad Xander. And that squeaky voice... the waggy finger... I'm out. Can I petition for Xander and Sami please? He needs somebody who won't judge him and will let him have fun again.

• Love 10

Sarah, you are behaving like a spoiled brat kid instead of a 30 something professional woman/doctor. Banning your boyfriend from your room? Seriously? If you want to be that childish, hang out on the couch with Philip. Xander deserves someone a bit better. Philip is using you. That is it and you should be savvy enough to know that.

I thought Jan Spears was carrying a hunk of fresh meat instead of the crystal thing. Imagine killing Belle with a rump roast. How inappropriate to go to Shawn and Belle's mother's home and just let yourself in.

How convenient that Dr. Rolf erased all the footage of Gwen helping him escape.

Guess Eli is going to go back to the Salem Inn to find Ben - alone. Yeah, Clyde, Ben is all you have right now.

So Claire is up and about around midnight. There is a power outage, so she goes to the store to buy batteries? Wouldn't the shops be closed because of the blackout? And this stupid Charlie guy phones her to say that he is locked in? Could she not call up Xander or Philip or someone who may have the access code to the locked office or call Security! to help him out. How does she expect to open the door from the outside? All the doors and fire doors should be open if there is a fire or something - you push the door for 15 seconds or so and then it will open. If Charlie was working on a project, wouldn't the computers be down?

• Love 4

Geez Belle, way to poke the snake when it's standing right in front of you with a healing crystal that might crack your skull right open.  I can see how dealing with a problem like Jan Spears would be exhausting but Belle sounded like an entitled, little snot when she went rambling on about how Shawn hates Jan.  

At least James Read got to put in a good performance during those groan-worthy scenes of Ben wanting to kill the man who killed the woman he loved, who wanted to kill the man who killed the woman he loved, who wanted to kill the man who killed the woman he loved, who wanted to kill the man who killed the woman he loved....wait, what?  I guess the script writer didn't want to engage their characters in that tired old Eye-for-an-Eye conversation. 

Foiled again!  Dr Rolf outsmarts the Salem PD with his hands tied behind his back!  HA!  

mutley laughing.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Sarah, you are behaving like a spoiled brat kid instead of a 30 something professional woman/doctor. Banning your boyfriend from your room? Seriously? If you want to be that childish, hang out on the couch with Philip. Xander deserves someone a bit better.

She did indeed say that Xander could sleep in their bed and she'd stay on the couch with Phillip lol.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Geez Belle, way to poke the snake when it's standing right in front of you with a healing crystal that might crack your skull right open.  I can see how dealing with a problem like Jan Spears would be exhausting but Belle sounded like an entitled, little snot when she went rambling on about how Shawn hates Jan.  

Yea, really. Belle and Shawn come off as assholes with Jan when they should come off more scared. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I thought Jan Spears was carrying a hunk of fresh meat instead of the crystal thing.

I legit thought it was a bedazzled human heart at first! LOL

13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Imagine killing Belle with a rump roast.

Remember that old episode of either Alfred Hitchcock or the Twilight Zone where it turned out the woman had killed her husband with a frozen leg of lamb? Then she cooked it and served it to the detectives. Voila, no more murder weapon. Genius!

I thought this episode was boring for a Friday. I couldn't remember this morning if I'd even watched the whole thing. I checked and it turns out I fell asleep two-thirds of the way through, lol. 

Were these power-outage episodes filmed post-COVID shutdown? I was looking for camera tricks to see if they were keeping social distance and just faking being close to each other, but it doesn't seem like they are. Marlena's hair is suddenly super long, though. Weird.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, all of these episodes were filmed post-lockdown.  They're filler episodes to pad out the show till Halloween.

So will some scenes that are not prison break out related have been taped pre-Covid? When  we catch up to Halloween all scenes are new? I’m confused with how far in advance  they film. 

• Love 1