Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Kate has found her next conquest. Harold is that bad in terms of sorting dry cleaning?

Nibbles sure likes to nibble her fingers. And talk to the Steffy painting. Oh, have some fun with Abigail. Chad isn't much better, working on taking away Jake's client who likes him. Soon they will be Xander and Philip.

It must have been difficult for Marlena to hug Kristen.

Abe's and Trask's conversation was quite interesting, especially when he revealed that Kristen and Lani were friends.

Eli, you are aiding a 'bad' cop. Lani could easily say she made an error in letting Kristen out. She's a mom and she's going to be a mom and a mom shouldn't be in jail. Um, think of that before you commit a crime? Especially if you are a cop?

Lani, did you just hand over the laptop containing the video feed? Did you 'delete' the file? How does that work exactly? The Salem PD is so dumb that it doesn't save surveillance data on a protected server? Since when do you have IT Admin clearance to delete files? You may do so on a laptop but it is still on the server unless you have an IT friend. If not, every crook in Salem could find the magic laptop and erase any evidence against them. Just buy a magical USB stick, depending on the file size.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Ben has changed, whether people on this board want to admit it or not. Kristen just stabbed a man. Not equal.

Just because she her murder attempt wasn't successful?  Points for trying, then. 

And hiring Xander to shoot Marlena, various kidnappings, baby nappings, rape, blackmail, embryo snatching, etc.  Kristen has changed cuz she's a Mom.

Ben changed?  Hmmmm..... Maybe, maybe not.  In any case, the penalty if he hasn't is pretty stiff.  You date a reformed car thief, the worst that can happen is you lose your car.  Date a reformed serial killer, the worst may be your relatives publishing the date and time of your memorial.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

I have to admit I was surprised at well they did the Allie scenes to days talking about consent I still don't trust RC not to make a mockery out of it though.

I still feel like Tripp is acting weird but that could be a red herring too.

• Love 5

So Lani doesn't want to be "that kind of cop"?  Okay then, walk into Trask's office and turn yourself in for your criminal acts.  No?  The I guess you are "that kind of cop"  And are we supposed to believe she was able to get through to Vincent with her half-hearted "Hope never did anything to you" speech?  Vincent, you're made of stronger stuff then that--keep torturing Ben!  I do have to say that KA has been doing a wonderful job as a mom terrified that her daughter might be dead.

I do love how Tripp flat out said that he didn't have sex with Allie--no, "We were both so drunk", just "It didn't happen,"  but then that means there are two other possibilities:  either someone else took her home when she was drunk or the rapist showed up after Tripp dropped Allie off.  We definitely need more info.  I do love how Nicole is calmly listening to Allie's story but I think calling the police might be bit premature in that Allie can only remember hazy details--could some of this be misremembering or even a false memory?

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Ben killed Vincent's fiance in cold blood and no one seems to care, Vincent is only suspected of harming Ciara and the reformed killer is allowed to assault him and threaten to kill him 🙄 

My heart went out to Vincent today. His facial reactions made a Lani scene tolerable 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Ben killed Vincent's fiance in cold blood and no one seems to care, Vincent is only suspected of harming Ciara and the reformed killer is allowed to assault him and threaten to kill him 🙄 

I could not watch today, it was so unbearable to see Ben today, the writing is slanted in his favor and it is disgusting..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do love how Nicole is calmly listening to Allie's story but I think calling the police might be bit premature in that Allie can only remember hazy details--could some of this be misremembering or even a false memory?

Exactly. I really loved seeing a gentler maternal side to Nicole, but it was way too early for her to be picking up the phone to tell the police Allie was raped. Her story doesn't even seem clear enough to actually report. She was still remembering things in the process of telling it! That didn't work for me either. While I understand this is the first time Allie has spoken to someone about the hookup/rape, it's certainly not the first time she's thought about it. For her to suddenly be having flashbacks almost a year or more after it happened is a bit ridiculous. And Nicole hearing "he brought me home and I think he was on top of me" and immediately saying it's time to file a rape report was laughable. This is a really sensitive issue because here in the real world, even when women provide excruciating details of their assaults and do rape kits, the whole thing can still be thrown out in court. There has to be a mountain of irrefutable evidence for someone to be successfully charged and convicted of rape, and here is Nicole barely even hearing what can be considered a story and pushing Allie to press charges. Is Nicole just bored today? Don't you have a daughter to look after? And a baby? And maybe some laundry to do? It's more plot-driven writing, but it just makes Nicole seem like an idiot who's going to create a whole shitstorm for Tripp and Steve and Kayla when there's not much to go on.

42 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I could not watch today, it was so unbearable to see Ben today, the writing is slanted in his favor and it is disgusting..

It definitely is. At least we got to see Lani do her job for once today. Of course it has to be the day when her criminal activities are being discovered by the DA though LOL. I think this is the first time we've seen her work two cases at once. She reminds me of one of those employees who senses her supervisor has figured out that she's been stealing office supplies and taking longer lunch breaks than usual and suddenly starts to become the best employee possible to put on a show and save her ass. Her attempts to massage Vincent actually decent. Too-little-too-late however.

I loved Melinda today. The actress finally seemed settled into the part enough to really stretch her legs. It's too bad the original actress couldn't come back to play this out because I feel like so much of her previous appearances set this up, but the new one isn't bad at all.

Get 'em Melinda!

(I'm bored with all the current storylines.)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9

Does anybody actually wear those long sleeved shirts that run halfway down their hands?

Speaking of fashion, what is Nicole wearing? A housecoat?

Hm.  Is Tripp lying?  I think Allie is probably misremembering, but did she sleep with Tripp?

• Love 1

Normally I'd be all for it but this show has a way of ruining characters if they stay too long. 

I would like to see Vincent and Melinda interact though maybe they can bond over losing loved ones to Salem's beloved sociopaths.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Omg I’m so going to hate this Allie/Tripp storyline. I’m either going to finish or stop watching altogether. 

Same for me.  I already don't believe Tripp did anything reprehensible to Ally, and I'm beyond sick of Show creating these awful, tedious characters like Ally, BenOllie, the adult Ciara, the new Miss Priss Nicole and Lani and then trying to steamroll us into liking them by beating us over the head and making them victims of something.  

I've exceeded my legal limit of sourpuss "heroines" for the year already.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I guess Lani couldn't figure out how to delete the surveillance footage.

Trask, you don't want Lani Price. You want Kristen DiMera. I miss the old Trask, but this one is almost at the point where she was - shrewd, conniving, wants to get the goods. And now drag poor Eli in to the mess.

Nicole was most likely wearing some sort of midi wraparound dress that seemed to almost hit at her ankles. If it was a few inches shorter, it would be a nice dress.

Allie still looks like she shops at Old Navy instead of the London TopShop, Next, etc. 

Nicole was nice to her in trying to get something out of her about the baby daddy. Point is, Allie was apparently drunk and her memory is a bit faulty/hazy. If there is any talking to the police here in Salem, it should be a preliminary discussion. Allie has no idea if she was assaulted or if she was basically just dreaming.

Nice of Steve to talk to his son.

Don't think Tripp did anything. Can't imagine who would switch paternity tests to make him the daddy. It should be left open.

No one is in the interrogation room and poor Vincent has to be interrogated in a public place? They could have taken him to Julie's Place or the Horton Town Square for more privacy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Pure spec but I think both Tripp and Allie were drunk and possibly roofied so it will turn out she didn’t give consent but also he didn’t know what he was doing either when he brought her home and made out w her or had sex w her. I think it’s going to be a rip off of 

Spoiler

The Veronica Mars rape when she thought Duncan did it. We all know Rob loves stealing stories and recycling. So the baby will be a legacy of two families still and still one of rape since this show loves rape but Tripp wasn’t in his right mind when it occurred either like at the party or bar they both had their drinks drugged or drank from the same drugged glass. 

I like Vincent. I hope he stays and after dealing w his issues becomes a gray character. 

I feel like they are chem testing Abe w Melinda. I like Abe so much. He’s so pure and GOOD and strong in all his interactions. He really should actually be used more since he’s practically the only thing left of a moral compass on this show that isn’t an asshole about it. 

Sarah w Xander just calls back so much of what Rex said how at the break down of their relationship she was so judgy and annoying he felt he could never live up to her and she was either always irritated or saccharine. 

Eli’s sounding and acting like a weirdo rn. He loves about Lani. Above all else. That she’s willing to throw away her career and freedom for her friend? Uh ok. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Omg I’m so going to hate this Allie/Tripp storyline. I’m either going to ff or stop watching altogether. 

I've been fast forwarding it. There is literally no way that story is gonna turn out to be anything but offensive lol.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've been fast forwarding it. There is literally no way that story is gonna turn out to be anything but offensive lol.

I think it already is.  Allie can't remember much of anything and Nicole jumps to rape.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I think it already is.  Allie can't remember much of anything and Nicole jumps to rape.

Have to say this is a totally different but not surprising reaction to when JJ didn't remember him and Lani but nobody ever considered that to be rape.  This storyline reminds me of how much I really hated that one.

5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Pure spec but I think both Tripp and Allie were drunk and possibly roofied so it will turn out she didn’t give consent but also he didn’t know what he was doing either when he brought her home and made out w her or had sex w her. I think it’s going to be a rip off of 

Reveal spoiler

The Veronica Mars rape when she thought Duncan did it. We all know Rob loves stealing stories and recycling. So the baby will be a legacy of two families still and still one of rape since this show loves rape but Tripp wasn’t in his right mind when it occurred either like at the party or bar they both had their drinks drugged or drank from the same drugged glass. 

I like Vincent. I hope he stays and after dealing w his issues becomes a gray character. 

I feel like they are chem testing Abe w Melinda. I like Abe so much. He’s so pure and GOOD and strong in all his interactions. He really should actually be used more since he’s practically the only thing left of a moral compass on this show that isn’t an asshole about it. 

Sarah w Xander just calls back so much of what Rex said how at the break down of their relationship she was so judgy and annoying he felt he could never live up to her and she was either always irritated or saccharine. 

Eli’s sounding and acting like a weirdo rn. He loves about Lani. Above all else. That she’s willing to throw away her career and freedom for her friend? Uh ok. 

I wouldn't mind Abe/Melinda at least it isn't Abe/Kate and it would cause conflict over the Lani situation.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Pure spec but I think both Tripp and Allie were drunk and possibly roofied so it will turn out she didn’t give consent but also he didn’t know what he was doing either when he brought her home and made out w her or had sex w her.

That's interesting and I would prefer that over what they're setting up, which is that Tripp had sex with Allie while she was too intoxicated to consent. That is rape and I don't want the show handwaving it away by saying "well technically she didn't say no so he thought she was okay with it." I think someone roofie-ing multiple drinks in the club that night could certainly salvage Tripp's character while still making him Henry's father.

• Love 8
On 10/2/2020 at 4:34 AM, Frozendiva said:

Kate has found her next conquest.

Honestly , why are they making a 60 something year old woman a femme fatale?

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why not ?

you go Kate !

For me its less about her age and more about how nothing significant comes from it.

I mean on OLTL Dorian was vixenish and on AW so was Donna but at least it didn't feel like it was the same story over and over again for these women. They also had other facets to their personalities. They were flawed women but they were fiercely protective over their loved ones. 

Kate is a cartoon at this point.

• Love 3

At least she's not stuck in scenes with Abe anymore. They don't work together for me at all. I liked Abe's recent scenes with Hope and Lani a lot. Supportive friend with Hope. And pushing back a little on Lani's crazy. That's how to use him. But flirting with Kate? Are any two characters on the show less compatible? Shudder. 

Edited by ajs1615
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

For me its less about her age and more about how nothing significant comes from it.

I mean on OLTL Dorian was vixenish and on AW so was Donna but at least it didn't feel like it was the same story over and over again for these women. They also had other facets to their personalities. They were flawed women but they were fiercely protective over their loved ones. 

Kate is a cartoon at this point.

She is now firmly in charge of the "Welcome to Salem " Committee . Her job is to welcome men to Salem in her own special way . ...

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Rafael said:

She is now firmly in charge of the "Welcome to Salem " Committee . Her job is to welcome men to Salem in her own special way . ...

Nice work if you can get it 😉

• LOL 7

Maybe they should just have Roman and Kate reconnect, at least they were married before.  I can't recall - did they get back together after the the Salem Stalker victims returned from the island, or was that thwarted by Marlena's geriatric pregnancy lol?

• Love 1

Vincent is hot, can we keep him?  I felt so bad for him today and he is the villain. I am supposed to root against him and not for him. I don't give a damn about Ciara's predicament, if her death brings Ben pain, so be it and I say this as a Bo/Hope fan..  I should feel bad for Hope after all she has been through but I just don't.  It is harsh to say but Ron's writing has brought me to this point.

Is it true that the actor who plays Vincent is in his 50's? inquiring minds want to know...

Team Melinda over here, get your pound of flesh from Kristen.. That bitch deserves nothing but pain...

The Trip/Allie nonsense is so offensive and ill-advised, why Ron? why?

Mary Beth Evans was luminous today as Kayla, beautiful hair and make-up...

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Vincent is hot, can we keep him?  I felt so bad for him today and he is the villain. I am supposed to root against him and not for him. I don't give a damn about Ciara's predicament, if her death brings Ben pain, so be it and I say this as a Bo/Hope fan..  I should feel bad for Hope after all she has been through but I just don't.  It is harsh to say but Ron's writing has brought me to this point.

Is it true that the actor who plays Vincent is in his 50's? inquiring minds want to know...

I don't see Vincent as the villain. I see him as another one of Ben's victims, and Hope should have prevented Cierra from getting involved with somebody with a past that could put her in danger

And yes he is 51 I looked him up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Here's an example of good writing - have a young girl who was too drunk to consent to sex report a rape that resulted in a pregnancy to a cop who got into bed with a man who was too drunk to consent to sex which almost resulted in a pregnancy as well. Bottom line: whoever is guilty of getting Allie pregnant is as much of a rapist as Lani was to JJ.

.... and then, after acknowledging that she has no jurisdiction in the case and can't file any kind of charges, Lani goes prancing over to question Tripp. Which will only put Allie in danger of course if Tripp is secretly a violent predator. I don't think there has ever been a man in the history of mankind who, when questioned about raping someone, immediately admitted to it. So....what are you doing Lani? What is the purpose of this??

The pacing is also completely off regarding Allie's emotional progressions. She didn't want to talk about how the child was conceived all of these weeks or during the months prior. But suddenly her vague story has motivated her to report to the police that she was raped and it was definitely Tripp and he definitely has to be held accountable and why isn't he being held accountable and what do you mean I can't send him to jail and this is so cruel and unjust etc etc etc. Talk about zero to a hundred in 60 seconds flat. I'm definitely not trying to victim shame, and I completely believe that someone may only open up about what's happened months later, but they've written this is if Allie only just realized while talking to Nicole that she was probably raped, which does not compute for me. Is the idea here that she was so drunk she didn't even remember having had sex with anyone? Or that she immediately knew the following day that she had had sex but felt that it wasn't consensual? I'm trying to follow the dialogue but honestly I'm so bored and disinterested it's possible I missed something. I would think that as soon as she realized she was pregnant, rather than flying around the world and buying handbags for no reason, she would have gone to the local authorities to report the rape if that's what she believed it was. Her characterization is just so bizarre.

Kristian Alfonso looked incredibly checked out during today's episode. She couldn't muster tears or even pretend like she actually believed Ciara was dead.

I love Melinda and Vincent. Holding these people accountable is a tough job but somebody's got to do it.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Team Melinda over here, get your pound of flesh from Kristen.. That bitch deserves nothing but pain...

The Trip/Allie nonsense is so offensive and ill-advised, why Ron? why?

The actor playing Vincent was spot on today with his "You killed my Wendy, save your outrage" and his "You set up your happy married life in the same town you killed people in?" was a thing of brilliance.  I hope Ben suffers and is filled with guilt for the rest of his life.

Also firmly Team Melinda and I loved her "I don't give a damn if Kristen's found happiness with Brady and her baby, she's a killer!"  Completely and utterly correct and I also love that Eli doesn't think Kristen's changed either and sooner or later, she's going to lash out and hurt someone again.

I actually laughed at Allie's petulant "You mean Tripp's going to get away with it?"  Get away with what, you don't exactly have a lucid memory of what transpired.  For all Allie knows, she could have dreamt that she was being held down, there is no proof that any crime took place.  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 15
On 9/22/2020 at 8:58 AM, peachmangosteen said:

This. The actress just looks her age and her age is way too old for Claire. When she's in scenes with Shawn she looks like she could be his love interest!

Wait until the new Claire develops inappropriate chemistry with Shawn (Isabel Durant is 11-12 years younger than Brandon Beemer) or other older guys like Xander or Philip lol. 

Edited by Guest
6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Vincent is hot, can we keep him?  I felt so bad for him today and he is the villain.

We cant have nice things so we probably cant keep him. Instead I fear we'll have to endure Ben moping around and crying for Ciaaaara. But yeah mmmm so smug and yummy.  I did feel sorry for Hope today because no one deserves to lose a child much less two. Ben? Eh you know the saying - an eye for an eye so he can quite frankly stfu.

Edited by howmanywords
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, MsTree said:

And Kate isn't????

Only if it doesn't come above her needs. Kate only cares about Kate others are optional. 

I believe Donna would die for Marley and her grandchildren(even Vicky and they had their problems) and Dorian would do the same for Cassie and even Adriana. They seemed like actual people despite their flaws.

To me Kate doesn't seem like a real person. That wasn't always the case she was way more grounded in the 90s.

16 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Maybe they should just have Roman and Kate reconnect, at least they were married before.  I can't recall - did they get back together after the the Salem Stalker victims returned from the island, or was that thwarted by Marlena's geriatric pregnancy lol?

This show doesn't care about Roman enough to go through that trouble.  That was probably the last time she was tolerable to me though. I'd support it if she could get the same airtime he does.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Here's an example of good writing - have a young girl who was too drunk to consent to sex report a rape that resulted in a pregnancy to a cop who got into bed with a man who was too drunk to consent to sex which almost resulted in a pregnancy as well. Bottom line: whoever is guilty of getting Allie pregnant is as much of a rapist as Lani was to JJ.

.... and then, after acknowledging that she has no jurisdiction in the case and can't file any kind of charges, Lani goes prancing over to question Tripp. Which will only put Allie in danger of course if Tripp is secretly a violent predator. I don't think there has ever been a man in the history of mankind who, when questioned about raping someone, immediately admitted to it. So....what are you doing Lani? What is the purpose of this??

The pacing is also completely off regarding Allie's emotional progressions. She didn't want to talk about how the child was conceived all of these weeks or during the months prior. But suddenly her vague story has motivated her to report to the police that she was raped and it was definitely Tripp and he definitely has to be held accountable and why isn't he being held accountable and what do you mean I can't send him to jail and this is so cruel and unjust etc etc etc. Talk about zero to a hundred in 60 seconds flat. I'm definitely not trying to victim shame, and I completely believe that someone may only open up about what's happened months later, but they've written this is if Allie only just realized while talking to Nicole that she was probably raped, which does not compute for me. Is the idea here that she was so drunk she didn't even remember having had sex with anyone? Or that she immediately knew the following day that she had had sex but felt that it wasn't consensual? I'm trying to follow the dialogue but honestly I'm so bored and disinterested it's possible I missed something. I would think that as soon as she realized she was pregnant, rather than flying around the world and buying handbags for no reason, she would have gone to the local authorities to report the rape if that's what she believed it was. Her characterization is just so bizarre.

Kristian Alfonso looked incredibly checked out during today's episode. She couldn't muster tears or even pretend like she actually believed Ciara was dead.

I love Melinda and Vincent. Holding these people accountable is a tough job but somebody's got to do it.

Except the show never presented JJ as a rape victim they had him say he was a cheater(despite not remembering that night) and I see people on Twitter saying it wasn't rape etc yet with Allie we're supposed to believe it was. However JJ was a man so of course people can't see it as rape(sarcasm)

This is why I hate this storyline it reminded me of the JJ/Lani one especially since he got stuck with that bitch ever since.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

To me Kate doesn't seem like a real person. That wasn't always the case she was way more grounded in the 90s.

Kate was more grounded and complex.  I remember a scene when Sami was in a coma, she was so happy, wanting Sami to die and she overheard Lucas pouring his heart out, telling her how much she meant to him begging Sami to live and seeing her son's heartbreak moved Kate to tears, she was sobbing at the end of Lucas soliloquy.. We have not seen that Kate in years... Lauren was so good in those scenes.....

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

The Allie/Tripp story isn't particularly interesting. It's going to be a he-said, she-said tale, with two very different versions. Allie had a drinking problem in the UK. She was apparently drunk that evening. Tripp brought her home. What happened after that, who knows. She sat on this for a long time - til Tripp came back to town and she ran in to him. Guess she thought she'd never see him again. Who knows what the truth is and I really don't care. Allie should have gone to the London police and reported it, went to a hospital to get checked out, and get the morning after pill. But she didn't. So there is a lot more to this story.

Lani, you have no jurisdiction over a 'crime' that happened in another country. Allie should be talking to New Scotland Yard. Only the officers there can do an investigation.

Tripp's story to his dad was logical. Whether he has learned to lie, who knows. He just seemed to make sense and was baffled at Allie slapping him for apparently no reason.

Roman is putting up Halloween decorations already? Not even Canadian Thanksgiving here yet.

Trask really wants Kristen. How is Eli going to get a legal one-sided taped version of her admitting her crimes? Invite her for tea, crumpets, and the truth?

I like Vincent. He is interesting to watch. I agree that Hope looked checked out of her story. Ben has nothing to live for and wants to kill Vincent? That'll end up with him in jail, maybe. Vincent can probably do law school in his spare time and join the DA's office.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Kate was more grounded and complex.  I remember a scene when Sami was in a coma, she was so happy, wanting Sami to die and she overheard Lucas pouring his heart out, telling her how much she meant to him begging Sami to live and seeing her son's heartbreak moved Kate to tears, she was sobbing at the end of Lucas soliloquy.. We have not seen that Kate in years... Lauren was so good in those scenes.....

Yes that was a good example she had moments where she seemed human and not completely awful. Kate today wouldn't be like that. I also don't like how she does these terrible things to people she claims to love and nobody seems to be mad at her for a long period of time anyways.

• Love 1

So Hope..... Ben is obviously over the top distraught and has had to be persuaded several times to NOT do physical harm to Vincent.  You then walk away, calmly leaving a loaded gun sitting around on the desk.  (The chain of evidence control is OUTSTANDING at the Salem PD isn't it?)  Are we going to get "treated" to scene of Ben waving said gun around and threatening Vincent?  Can't wait😖.

The whole Allie/Tripp storyline is beyond heinous.  ANY serious cop would know that under no circumstances can you charge someone for something that happened in a foreign country.  (You can arrest them if they have a warrant, but you can't file charges.)  I know this is Lani but come on, the stupidity, it burns.  And if I were Tripp, NO WAY IN HELL would I let them drag me to the station without telling me why.

• Love 5

The Allie/Tripp mess is just another symptom of Ron's love of all things rape, and it's GROSS. I get most soap writers today are one-trick ponies, but this particular "trick" is offensive as hell.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Allie/Tripp story isn't particularly interesting. It's going to be a he-said, she-said tale, with two very different versions.

I think the he-said, she-said is going to be supplanted by a third party. My speculation: Tripp will prove to be neither a rapist nor the father of Allie's baby whose name I've already forgotten. Because that's how this show gets drunk and rolls.

Because it thinks "cluttered and confusing" is the same as "interesting."

Spoiler: It's not.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I think the he-said, she-said is going to be supplanted by a third party. My speculation: Tripp will prove to be a neither a rapist nor the father of Allie's baby whose name I've already forgotten. Because that's how this show gets drunk and rolls.

Tripp was pretty adamant that he wasn't the father of Allie's baby, so I think someone else is going to be the rapist/father--he'll probably be a guy who arrives out of nowhere and will make little to no sense.

I'm also rather peeved at Allie's firmly stated "Tripp raped me" followed up with an embarrassed shrug "I was pretty drunk, so I don't remember a lot" but she feels sure enough that she can accuse Tripp?  A good defense attorney will rip her apart on the stand ad then we had Claire spilling all of Tripp's dark secrets involving Kayla and the scalpel incident which Allie believes she has a right to know--WTF?!.  I know we're supposed to be sympathetic to Allie, but she's starting to annoy with her self-righteousness and because this can't be stated enough, she doesn't remember what actually happened.

If Kristen really wanted to do the right thing, then she'd turn herself in, go to trial, and hope a jury will see things her way but instead she thinks concocting a lie to cover for Lani  is the better play.  Good for Eli for getting Kristen on tape confessing to the crime because like Melinda said, it's not like they're fabricating a case, Kristen did stab Victor.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Tripp was pretty adamant that he wasn't the father of Allie's baby,

Other than the fact that Salem's testing facility is very unreliable, a DNA test would clear that up pretty fast.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Eli should not be doubting what he's doing but if Kristen, at any time, had a lawyer, I doubt it'll stand up in court.

I assume that tape is going to be a factor in the Tripp accusations but there's no way it should be admitted.  She wasn't bringing Tripp down as a witness.  She was bringing him to the station as a suspect and therefore, he should have had his Miranda rights read.  Not that she has any standing to question him given that the incident took place in London.

Tripp, man, always bring your lawyer.

Steve, man, use your cell phone.  The time you wasted in interrogating Bonnie might have done Tripp in.

Allie, man, do they want us to like you?  How quickly you go from "I don't remember anything" to "Tripp is Mr. McRapey and OMG how could no one tell me about the stuff he did?" even though no one would have any reason to fill in Sami's daughter on something like that.

• Love 6