Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Me too. This show is no longer the same. Very few characters or storylines  I am interested in. I FF'd the first quarter of the show yesterday and then just deleted it. The first time ever. Now with some of the spoilers the future holds, I don't know if I need to watch every day anymore. I so miss the "old days". I want to see the Brady family, the pub, the Hortons. Family drama. Some comedy thrown in. I would 100% be up for the show going off the air as it is but starting from the beginning again. Maybe condense one week into an hour. I know it won't be done but that would be a dream of mine. I just don't feel the same about it anymore it actually pains me. It's like losing a friend. 

• Love 4

Goodbye Hope....in more ways than one. It wasn't the worst episode to go out on. We got to see Hope having some emotional moments, it's just a shame that they're so depressing. I really felt like they were gearing us up for a montage of sorts at the end there. What was stopping them from doing some flashbacks of Bo and Hope, Hope and baby Ciara, and actually putting some effort into acknowledging that this is very likely Kristian Alfonso's last episode of the show ever? Do they really think she's going to come back, because it certainly doesn't sound that way.

It would have been worth them paying the fifty bucks or whatever to the other actors just to give us a montage at the end worthy of the fact that this is a huge character's last appearance.

But no... let's leave her sobbing and looking completely demoralized. Pretty apt. All of us here on this side of the screen feel kind of the same way about this show don't we?

• Love 5
19 hours ago, DanaMB said:

If this was filmed post Covid then it’s even more disgusting this bitch keeps gnawing on her fingers. 

I dont understand why the actress does that....is it a deliberate acting choice?  Or just a bad habit that she has?  And yesterday, not only was she chewing on her fingers, she put candy in her mouth & was chomping away!

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Goodbye Hope....in more ways than one. It wasn't the worst episode to go out on. We got to see Hope having some emotional moments, it's just a shame that they're so depressing. I really felt like they were gearing us up for a montage of sorts at the end there. What was stopping them from doing some flashbacks of Bo and Hope, Hope and baby Ciara, and actually putting some effort into acknowledging that this is very likely Kristian Alfonso's last episode of the show ever? Do they really think she's going to come back, because it certainly doesn't sound that way.

It would have been worth them paying the fifty bucks or whatever to the other actors just to give us a montage at the end worthy of the fact that this is a huge character's last appearance.

But no... let's leave her sobbing and looking completely demoralized. Pretty apt. All of us here on this side of the screen feel kind of the same way about this show don't we?

Thanks for expressing my feelings too....what a depressing last look at Hope Brady.   Some flash-backs to young Ciara would have been wonderful.  Thanks to Kristian Alfonso for her years of making Hope a memorable character....she was not my favorite character but I appreciated that she was in some important storylines. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

What was stopping them from doing some flashbacks of Bo and Hope, Hope and baby Ciara, and actually putting some effort into acknowledging that this is very likely Kristian Alfonso's last episode of the show ever? Do they really think she's going to come back, because it certainly doesn't sound that way.

Agree! They have time to kill. This would have been a fitting time to break out the old scenes. Maybe even have some of the other actors (SN, MBE,  DH, DH, BB, MM, etc.) who have filmed with her over the years introduce the clips, comment on them (sharing antidotes and memories) and give good-bye well wishes to Kristin. 

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I dont understand why the actress does that....is it a deliberate acting choice?  Or just a bad habit that she has?  And yesterday, not only was she chewing on her fingers, she put candy in her mouth & was chomping away!

I've been assuming it was supposed to be a character trait/quirk. One that will hopefully be explained and maybe even resolved via Marlena hypnosis. None the less, I wouldn't deny it's distracting and grating.  And about to be problematic in a covid era. 

• Love 6

Farewell Hope and farewell Kristian Alfonso. I'm sad such an iconic, legacy character went out on such a depressing note. Bo left in a depressing way too but at least they went all out with a show filled with flashbacks and shelling out money for sentimental music and most of all - closure. I know its KA's fault for leaving the way she did but even a couple of flashbacks of Hope with baby Ciara, anything would have been better than Hope crying on the floor.

That said..I'm still not understanding the alleged concrete proof Ciara is dead. There is STILL zero trace of her body being in that car.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

I've been assuming it was supposed to be a character trait/quirk. One that will hopefully be explained and maybe even resolved via Marlena hypnosis. None the less, I wouldn't deny it's distracting and grating.  And about to be problematic in a covid era. 

Covid or not , it is just nasty.. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

[snip]

• Phillip needs to stop smirking. There are other facial expressions available. If he keeps this up I don't want Chloe anywhere near him.

???  Is Nadia back on the show?  This is a pairing I can get behind.  I liked them when they were a couple on the show before.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:26 AM, Irlandesa said:

I posted earlier before I watched the whole episode--_Gwen's gonna be Jack's daughter.  Now we have to figure out who the mother is. 

BTW, no spoilers here.  It's just the talk about how close Abigail is with her parents, how Jack stayed by Jennifer's side when she was in a coma and how he left when Abigail was a baby (damn you JER). 

It could be a good story but it'll probably be some stupid ish where he left Jennifer and knocked up some other woman and abandoned her even though Emily O'Brien is older than both actresses who play Abigail--not by much but older.

20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Jack back then being a rich drunken frat boy makes sense he talked about how JJ was just like him at that age(although JJ sold drugs which I don't think Jack did) in those recreated flashbacks they had Jack hide the pot JJ had stashed away so Jennifer wouldn't see it.

That being said I'll believe Gwen is Jack's long lost kid when it actually happens I don't buy this show wanting Abigail to have competition in the sibling department.

NOOOOOOOOO!  The Devereaux's are the only truly nuclear family on this show (no half/step siblings) and I like it that way. As it is, it's SO incestuous how everyone seems related to everyone else. No more family ties, please!  

[If we ignore Chelsea - whose character really should have died as a baby - Shawn & Ciara would be the only other siblings I can think of that share both parents, and don't have any step/half siblings.]

5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Thanks for expressing my feelings too....what a depressing last look at Hope Brady.   Some flash-backs to young Ciara would have been wonderful.  Thanks to Kristian Alfonso for her years of making Hope a memorable character....she was not my favorite character but I appreciated that she was in some important storylines. 

My favorite Hope years will be early-mid 1980s when Hope & Bo (PR version) were just getting together. Thanks to KA for all the years she put into the show. (It's only on this forum that I heard about her leaving the show).

Edited by norcalgal
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, boes said:

I don't know, guys, this show right now.....

the last few weeks I'm watching less and less.  Today was odious Lani and  "But she's changed!" Kristen, the sad remnants of Eli and what he could have been, Brady even dumber than usual, awful Abigail, Nibbles, smirky Chad, Jen and Jack were embarrassing ..... I'm hating pretty much everything and it's not fun or entertaining for me and too many of the characters and motivations are just abhorrent.

Time for a break.

I am too now that Hope is gone.. either the stories are repulsive or meh.  At least in the past with bad stories the characters seemed like people and they had better production values. Neither exist in today's version of the show. I'll probably stick around these parts because its more entertaining than the show.

Y'know, I like Marci, but her acting in yesterday's scenes with Gwen were really over the top.  There was no subtlety in her performance at all.

Laura Kai Chen, on the other hand, was excellent.

"Pony Boy". LOL.

38 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I haven't been able to watch the last two episodes, so I'm watching yesterday's on Peacock, and it looks like it was recorded on a potato and sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom.

The closed captions are bad, too, there's no spacing between words and punctuation marks.

• Love 4
On 10/13/2020 at 2:26 PM, Irlandesa said:

I posted earlier before I watched the whole episode--_Gwen's gonna be Jack's daughter.  Now we have to figure out who the mother is. 

Ohhhhh, I wondered why we were getting Jack talking about being away from the family in one of those scenes.  

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Y'know, I like Marci, but her acting in yesterday's scenes with Gwen were really over the top.  There was no subtlety in her performance at all.

I noticed that, too.  It almost seemed like she was mocking Gwen, and I kept waiting for the scene to take a turn to some kind of argument.  I like that Marci Miller is playing Abigail with a little more spark than she did during her first stint, though.  

While I don't care much about Trask's vendetta over the Haley death, Tina Huang is a nice improvement over the previous actress.  I almost makes me wonder if Tina Huang could have made me believe that Melinda actually cared that Haley was her daughter.   

As a long-time critic of on-screen crying, I thought Kristian Alfonso put in a good performance today.  But that was an odd ending for such an important character.  I thought maybe they'd have her go off looking for Ciara but then they can't do anything with Ben if Ciara is still alive out there somewhere.  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Goodbye, Hope. You did deserve a better send-off. Even going to your daughter's husband's home and sharing some grief with him.  Being a seasoned cop, you should still have some doubts about what Vincent told you. He couldn't have told you where the body is? Ciara may not be as dead-dead as you are led to believe. You know perfectly well that the dead in Salem tend to turn up alive a while later with regularity. At least you did get to see your son. Maybe you will be written out as going to Greece and Victor's villa for a while. Who knows.

Ben doesn't do grief all that well.

Lani, did you think that all that wailing to Trask about being mothers was going to get Kristen off? A lot of lawyers ought to try that line of defense and see how far they get.

Liked Eli's chat with Abe.

So, Philip, who are you working with? I can see Belle dumping you.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Ohhhhh, I wondered why we were getting Jack talking about being away from the family in one of those scenes.  

I noticed that, too.  It almost seemed like she was mocking Gwen, and I kept waiting for the scene to take a turn to some kind of argument.  I like that Marci Miller is playing Abigail with a little more spark than she did during her first stint, though.  

While I don't care much about Trask's vendetta over the Haley death, Laura Kai Chen is a nice improvement over the previous actress.  I almost makes me wonder if LKC could have made me believe that Melinda actually cared that Haley was her daughter.   

As a long-time critic of on-screen crying, I thought Kristian Alfonso put in a good performance today.  But that was an odd ending for such an important character.  I thought maybe they'd have her go off looking for Ciara but then they can't do anything with Ben if Ciara is still alive out there somewhere.  

The current Melinda is Tina Huang, Laura Kai Chen was the previous Trask.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So, Philip, who are you working with? I can see Belle dumping you.

Oh, that reminds me!  At the beginning of the episode Phillip says, "Our dad just hired Xander back."  With whom does Phillip share Victor as a father?

8 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The current Melinda is Tina Huang, Laura Kai Chen was the previous Trask.

Fixed it!  Thank you!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Her acting is every different this time around imo. She's playing it much more smug and sinister than she ever did before. I find it very odd but intriguing lol.

10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

At the beginning of the episode Phillip says, "Our dad just hired Xander back."  With whom does Phillip share Victor as a father?

I noticed that, too. But later he referred to Victor as 'my dad.' I feel like maybe JKJ just misspoke with 'our.' If so though, they really should have had him redo it since that completely changes things lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

noticed that, too. But later he referred to Victor as 'my dad.' I feel like maybe JKJ just misspoke with 'our.' If so though, they really should have had him redo it since that completely changes things lol.

Maybe he was using the royal our.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Oh, that reminds me!  At the beginning of the episode Phillip says, "Our dad just hired Xander back."  With whom does Phillip share Victor as a father?

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I noticed that, too. But later he referred to Victor as 'my dad.' I feel like maybe JKJ just misspoke with 'our.' If so though, they really should have had him redo it since that completely changes things lol.

I noticed both and was wondering too whether JKJ messed up his line or that was a clue.  I thought Bo and Isabella were the only two sibling that Philip shared a father with, and they're both dead.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know what that means lol but sure that could be it.

You know, when the Queen says "We are not amused."  "Our dogs are not chipper today."

24 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I thought Bo and Isabella were the only two sibling that Philip shared a father with, and they're both dead.

This is a soap opera, and one with a mad scientist running about.  You can never be sure of such things.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

This is a soap opera, and one with a mad scientist running about.  You can never be sure of such things.

Man, but I miss Dr. Rolf 🙂

On today's episode, I can't help but dislike Allie, especially when she screamed at Kayla to make Tripp stop lying--seriously, who does that?  And her petulant "I suppose you and Uncle Steve believe him" is so spectacularly unpleasant and I just want someone to point out to her that her recollection of the events is far from rock solid, what with the heavy drinking and passing out.  If the show wants us to be on her side, she should be questioning herself more at how hazy everything is for her and most importantly, she should be genuinely scared of Tripp but none of that is happening and I am firmly on Tripp's side and I can't wait for the real rapist to be revealed.

I did like the Lucas/Nicole scenes, especially how teary-eyed Nicole got, realizing she was about to reveal a gut-wrenching truth.

Brady can miss me with his anger at Eli and his "Eli put you in a bad spot"--no Brady, Kristen's own actions put her in a bad spot.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 13

Does Lucas have a job?

No?

Then why is he watching Nicole take care of his grandson and daughter instead of stepping in and doing it himself?

Not a good look, Show.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
On 10/14/2020 at 1:41 AM, boes said:

I don't know, guys, this show right now.....

the last few weeks I'm watching less and less.  Today was odious Lani and  "But she's changed!" Kristen, the sad remnants of Eli and what he could have been, Brady even dumber than usual, awful Abigail, Nibbles, smirky Chad, Jen and Jack were embarrassing ..... I'm hating pretty much everything and it's not fun or entertaining for me and too many of the characters and motivations are just abhorrent.

Time for a break.

I agree.  I haven't watched it in at least 3 weeks, maybe longer, and it appears that I'm not missing anything.

Someone above mentioned that Shawn and Belle need to be the leads in a storyline, and it'll take something like that to make me interested again I think.  I like both of those characters and actors.  I'm clearly in the minority by liking the Ben, Ciara, Hope storyline (plus the rekindling romance with Rafe), but those are over now.  Chad and Abby can be compelling, but aren't lately.  I can't stand Nicole and never have - she should have left with Eric.  Gwen and Jake haven't grown on me yet.  Philip is just meh.  Lani is horrible, and Eli is a doormat.  I can't stand Xander, or Sarah either for that matter.  John and Marlena are boring, Jack and Jennifer seem to be background filler...  There's just nothing for me to like about this show right now.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Man, but I miss Dr. Rolf 🙂

On today's episode, I can't help but dislike Allie, especially when she screamed at Kayla to make Tripp stop lying--seriously, who does that?  And her petulant "I suppose you and Uncle Steve believe him" is so spectacularly unpleasant and I just want someone to point out to her that her recollection of the events is far from rock solid, what with the heavy drinking and passing out.  If the show wants us to be on her side, she should be questioning herself more at how hazy everything is for her and most importantly, she should be genuinely scared of Tripp but none of that is happening and I am firmly on Tripp's side and I can't wait for the real rapist to be revealed.

I did like the Lucas/Nicole scenes, especially how teary-eyed Nicole got, realizing she was about to reveal a but-wrenching truth.

Brady can miss me with his anger at Eli and his "Eli put you in a bad spot"--no Brady, Kristen's own actions put her in a bad spot.

Yes to all of this, although I wish Nicole had prefaced her entire conversation with Lucas with "Alllie believe this to have happened." Nicole was judge, jury, and executioner with her certainty of Tripp's guilt.

• Love 7

Obviously Trask forgot to renew her monthly subscription to the Salem brain. That's the only explanation for such a seasoned DA buying the argument "a mother should never have to be charged for her crimes and pay for them" from dumb Lani. Of course, in the DOOL universe cops, public officials, judges and other law enforcement people have a truly warped view of the law. As another example we had Abe, mayor and former police commissioner, emotionally thanking Eli for helping Lani avoid answering for her breaking the law and her code of ethics. Not surprising since Abe has often been guilty of conflict of interests and various abuses favouring family and friends in the course of his duties.

This whole rape storyline seems an easy pretext to generate artificial drama and conflict between two camps, as they take sides. And also to create angst for a generally likeable character like Tripp. I hope they resolve it quickly, especially since the actress portraying Allie only has two levels: quiet and shrill.

I wonder if it is a coincidence that this new intern shows up at Titan at this time. Will we learn eventually that he was in London about a year ago?

Has the actor playing Philip always had such a taut face, with the skin all pulled back? It looks like he went through too much surgery, perhaps from the plastic surgeon depicted in Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Whoa, I was surprised to hear Tripp say today that he knows Uncle Jack raped Kayla. I thought that was a something that Steve, Kayla, and Jack kept from all their kids. How the hell does one bring that up in a conversation? And I LMAO at rage-John knocking down Trip with 1 punch. Puhlease! I hope Tripp gets up and punches John's boney ass back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Whoa, I was surprised to hear Tripp say today that he knows Uncle Jack raped Kayla. I thought that was a something that Steve, Kayla, and Jack kept from all their kids. How the hell does one bring that up in a conversation? And I LMAO at rage-John knocking down Trip with 1 punch. Puhlease! I hope Tripp gets up and punches John's boney ass back.

Jack wrote about it in his book, so Tripp could have read up on it when he connected with his family in Salem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

JJ found out about it by reading Jack's book.  That's why he trashed the window display of the book store.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Jack wrote about it in his book, so Tripp could have read up on it when he connected with his family in Salem.

Jack wrote a book? I had no idea. If he wrote about the rape, I hope reading the book is not the way the rest of the kids learned about that bit of Johnson family history.

2 hours ago, wurdalak said:

This whole rape storyline seems an easy pretext to generate artificial drama and conflict between two camps, as they take sides. And also to create angst for a generally likeable character like Tripp. I hope they resolve it quickly, especially since the actress portraying Allie only has two levels: quiet and shrill.

I'll admit, I like the idea of characters who have long-standing friendships  (Steve, Kayla, John, Marlena, maybe Jack & Jennifer & Lucas) being divided about Tripp & Allie's he said/she said storyline. 

39 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

JJ found out about it by reading Jack's book.  That's why he trashed the window display of the book store.

Wow, what a way to find out your dad raped your aunt. Yikes. 

• Love 4

Actually that's not how JJ found out. He found out because he tricked Adrienne into telling him. He got suspicious of Kayla when she told him Jack wasn't perfect he wanted more info. Apparently Jennifer had a transcript of her rape trial lying around where Jack confessed about what he did to Kayla. That's what confirmed it for him. Then he was arrested and went on a rant about everyone lying to him about it.

JJ started off with so much potential back then a mini Jack then it just went downhill when they tamed him by then they changed writers. Tomlin was the only one I thought would've made him a much better character than he was.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I remember and it pissed me off because it was all done to prop Doctor Tan... It was really obscene for the show to have done that story, it was such a low blow.  I will never understand the show's apathy for Jack/Lucas  and the actors who portray them..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4

So Tripp revealed one interesting new detail about Allie - that she went to bed in her underwear.

I can understand Lucas punching Tripp but not John. The same dude who was sobbing over Kristen. Marlena thinking 'I want my old husband back'.

Nicole, you were very good with Lucas. And he said thank you. You should say that Allie suspects that her attacker was Tripp. Right now, there is zero evidence that it is the case.

Seriously, Kristen, when have you ever cared about anyone? You want your daughter to be proud of you for going to jail? Wonder how much Belle gets paid for her legal services.

Marlena, you are right about Kayla.

And Allie, you do have a kid. Maybe spend some time with your own baby.

• Love 2

The only thing I can think of with the "our dad" comment is that Victor has a long-lost child out there that has made contact with Phillip and devised some scheme to take over Titan, which feels like something Carlivati would do.  That's really obnoxious if it was just the actor misreading his line and the show allowing it to play on screen.  

Of course, since having a DNA test would be the best way to prove whether Tripp raped Allie or not there's not a single character making mention of it.  That said, I do like how the veteran actors are handling the material and it has given them the opportunity to have some interesting scenes together.  I thought Stephen Nichols was great in his scenes with Tripp navigating the distance between "You're my son, I firmly believe in you" to "Wait, you're leaving out some details".  Nicole and Lucas were good, and I also liked Marlena and Kayla. I was worried that Rage-o-holic John was going to stab Tripp with something.

For as much as I want to like the idea of Kristin finally taking responsibility for her actions, she's been a cartoon villain for so long that it's just not resonating with me.  I can't figure why she'd be willing to go to prison after all of the rotten things she's done.  The only thing that would make it interesting to me is that after getting what she's wanted for so long, a child, she becomes so reasonable and empathetic that she doesn't get to raise her child because she ends up in prison for decades.  The ultimate irony!  But I'm not sure Carlivati is willing to sacrifice one of his favorite plot devices for irony. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The only thing I can think of with the "our dad" comment is that Victor has a long-lost child out there that has made contact with Phillip and devised some scheme to take over Titan, which feels like something Carlivati would do.  That's really obnoxious if it was just the actor misreading his line and the show allowing it to play on screen.  

I think Victor deserves just as many children as Stefano.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

So I'm trying to figure out who Philip is talking to in his phone calls where he called Victor "our dad".  It isn't Isabella.  It isn't Bo. Who else is Victor father of?

Wouldn't that be pretty amazing if either of them were alive though?  (Please note the sarcasm - well all know the best characters that have been killed off never come back, we only get the ones no one wanted back.)

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, worleybird said:

So, is Martha Madison pregnant? The tight white and black dress sure showed off what looked to be a baby bump.

Apparently this question gets asked often.  She's 43 years old, has a 7-year-old and 2 careers, actually lives in Texas and just "commutes" to LA, and is opening a restaurant with her husband in Dallas.  I'm going to say... probably not?   That's just... you know... her body.  Because everyone can't be a stick-thin waif.  

• Love 9

Tripp man, this is no time for hurt feelings--take the DNA test and clear your name as quickly as you can.  I do appreciate that he seems to want Claire to hear his side of the story, that he wants her to know the truth because it's important to him that she believes him--if there is going to be a young romance on the show, I would like to see Tripp/Claire and not Tripp/Allie.  I can understand Allie's sense of denial but once the pregnancy tests kept coming back positive, that's when it's time to face reality.

Kayla's devastated expression when John yelled about her own rape was very well done and I loved Marlena's outraged "John!" while pushing him out the door--that was the highlight of the episode.

• Love 7

Finally, with the DNA test.  I think Kayla should have taken the toothbrush right away, though, because I think Steve is about to have second thougts and hand it back.  And, sorry, but unless he straight up said that his reasoning was because you can't trust a DNA test done in Salem, not wanting one is squirrelly as heck.  I'm not sure what's going on with the baby legally, but if Allie hasn't given him up for adoption, she can file for child support and if Tripp denies paternity, the court would order a test.

Of course, the other thing is, if for argument's sake, we say that he did rape her, and she keeps pushing to prove paternity, he can just go ahead and file for partial custody.  The alleged rape happened in another country, so it can't be tried here, so it can't be taken as fact here.

• Love 4

Kayla (as a doctor) performing a DNA test without consent or a court order seems both unethical, illegal, and out of character for her. Nicole, on the other hand, that's right up her alley.  That being said, I give Kayla points for being the first character to clue into an idea that should have been obvious the second Tripp said he never slept with Allie. 

Speaking of Nicole, I can't decide if I've been more distracted by her hair, Oompa-Loompa face tan, or that dress that looks like doilies dyed in raspberry kool-aid, for the last two days. 

I must admit I kinda like Marlena frustrated and irritated with John. Got a kick out of her escorting him out of Kayla's. It's more entertaining than the rinse-repeat of her in danger, John recues her, they reunite, and get along swimmingly till the next threat.  

3 hours ago, worleybird said:

So, is Martha Madison pregnant? The tight white and black dress sure showed off what looked to be a baby bump.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been pondering that. At certain angles it distinctly looked like a baby bump as her abdomen appeared rounded but no other weight gain across the midsection.  There was also another day a few weeks back where I thought she was wearing a loose/heavy in the front maternity top or dress and questioned if the actress was expecting. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7

Kayla (as a doctor) performing a DNA test without consent or a court order seems both unethical, illegal, and out of character for her. Nicole, on the other hand, that's right up her alley.  That being said, I give Kayla points for being the first character to clue into an idea that should have been obvious the second Tripp said he never slept with Allie. 

I was thinking that if Tripp didn't want to do a DNA test that they should do a DNA test with Steve.  It might not be as accurate, but then it would just turn out that Steve (or maybe Jack or Adrienne) had an unknown son out there that happened to rape Allie.  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been pondering that. At certain angles it distinctly looked like a baby bump as her abdomen appeared rounded but no other weight gain across the midsection.  There was also another day a few weeks back where I thought she was wearing a loose/heavy in the front maternity top or dress and questioned if the actress was expecting. 

I was once absolutely certain that my sister was pregnant because she had always had a perfectly flat belly and she showed up to my HS graduation with what I thought looked like a baby bump.  There was never any baby (well not for many more years), so I think what happened was that she had a lot of ab muscles from exercising and she got busy and stopped exercising and voila not-baby bump.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I'll admit, I like the idea of characters who have long-standing friendships  (Steve, Kayla, John, Marlena, maybe Jack & Jennifer & Lucas) being divided about Tripp & Allie's he said/she said storyline. 

It is indeed good material for storylines, in theory at least. But in practice, in the hand of these writers it probably would result in a series of repetitive shouting matches. They also tend to overextend such plots and make them last too long; although they did resolve the baby custody conflict relatively quickly, perhaps because of the availability (and cost) of the Sami actress.

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Tripp man, this is no time for hurt feelings--take the DNA test and clear your name as quickly as you can.

That would be the normal reaction from a normal innocent person in our normal world. But having him act so absurdly offended is an easy way of keeping the clouds of suspicion over his head, both for the other characters and in the mind of  viewers.

2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Kayla (as a doctor) performing a DNA test without consent or a court order seems both unethical, illegal, and out of character for her.

She is a doctor who had no qualms repeatedly discussing the details of patients' medical files openly in the hospital corridors or at the nurse's desk, with people who have absolutely no business knowing such info. She has also played fast and loose with ethical rules in the past and has been careless about leaving confidential documents within the reach of third parties.

If, as I assume, it turns out that an unknown assailant roofied Allie and then raped her after Tripp left, I wonder if John will apologise for his act of aggression towards Steve's son.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

wx4lx7d9pb421.jpg

• LOL 9
  • Love 3