Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I hate how this show makes me love lumi when I know there never getting back together again.

I know.  Usually if I miss something during the show (if I actual bother to watch that day), I miss it.  But I got pulled away during that last Lumi scene but I went back to see the whole thing.

They're good.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I wonder if the show even knows why Gwen hates Abby; I figure they're just winging it and will come up with some contrived reason later.

Yep I expect it to be some lame reason but maybe she hates Abby because she might've been a former classmate of hers at boarding school in London with an axe to grind?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

It seems Marci has a soothing effect on Billy which probably is the reason behind Chad's being less-snarky and smug lately.  

I think it is. lol. You can see it in their scenes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

It seems Marci has a soothing effect on Billy which probably is the reason behind Chad's being less-snarky and smug lately.  

I was going to post something similar after watching yesterday's episode.   I loved Marci and Billy's interactions in the background when Gwen was trying to spike Abby's drink. I was chuckling at them from the moment they walked into the room, especially while they were sitting on the couch.  They were good today as well.   Definitely got the impression Billy enjoys Marci's company....Kate, maybe not so much. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I know.  Usually if I miss something during the show (if I actual bother to watch that day), I miss it.  But I got pulled away during that last Lumi scene but I went back to see the whole thing.

They're good.

They are awesome and I may not have cared JER's writing for the show but he always knew that Lumi was meant to be...

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yep I expect it to be some lame reason but maybe she hates Abby because she might've been a former classmate of hers at boarding school in London with an axe to grind?

Could Abigail been one of those mean girls tormenting poor classmates.  I can see it.

• Love 4

Henry Lucas Horton?

Eric sure got to Africa fast. It would be well over a 20 hour flight there, going to either London or Amsterdam or Frankfurt and then the long flight to the Congo.

Sami settled fast to have Nicole look after Allie and the baby. Nicole may actually be decent and maybe one day Sami will apologize to her. Don't think Nicole wanted to do this, but at least Allie has her dad and grandma Kate and great grandma Marlena around. She and Lucas still make a nice pair.

So Gwen doesn't appear to be Dr. Rolf's offspring - at least so far. Wonder what her connection to Abs is - surely if Abs had a problem person at boarding school, she would have mentioned that person. Maybe she's an unknown sibling? Her signing up to be the kids' nanny so Abs can go back to the Spectator? Take over Will's job?

I don't wear an apron when I cook. Granted I don't cook seriously and tend to get what I am wearing dirty. At least it is apple pie season. So Tripp wants to finish his schooling in Salem? I'd rather be at Stanford.

Allie and Tripp, how nice that the universe has brought you back together!

Shouldn't Ben or Claire look in to Ciara's bag? How is he going to find Hope?

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 2

"Things are more interesting when you're around", Lucas says to Sami as she's leaving.  Truer words were never spoken.  I'm going to miss her.  Especially since we're left with the intolerable self-involved sourpuss that is Ally and Nicole who's turned into Julie Lite.   With any luck, lil' Henry Lucas Horton will suddenly realize what a house of harpies he's living in and change his name to

giphy.gif

I think this whole business that Ally should keep her child and raise it herself is pretty stupid, and dismissive towards the idea of adoption.  I'm not sure what the great thing about being raised in the Horton/Brady clan is supposed to be, exactly.  

Not a big surprise, but Ben's not all that bright.  As soon as hears that Ciara might not have burnt up like an overdone S'more, he throughs his thongs in Ciara's suitcase and bolts out the door.  To where?  Is he just going to roam the country shouting "CIAARRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAA"?  Would we, could we, be that lucky?

So, Nibbles.......50 points for hating Abby, so she's ahead already.  I like MM so much more than KM as Abigail, but she's still Abigail.....so why does Gwen hate her?  

I put Gwen's name through an anagram decoder and got nothing, really.  Oh, there's chizz crew gen and wencher gizz and whizzer gen, and while they all are verging on profanities, as well as fine names for that doomed infant of Ally's, they give us no real clues.  As for her maybe being Rolf's daughter, I just can't - and don't wish to - imagine that Rolf ever had sexual relations with anything terrestrial.  

Remember years ago when some old nanny of Abigail's had obviously lost her mind and left Abigail some valuable land in Ireland?  Land that Stefano wanted?  Now even though Gwen definitely doesn't sound Irish, I don't put it past Show to think one accent sounds like any other and decide to reach that far back and make Gwen the disinherited granddaughter of the nanny who gave everything to Abigail.   The only other motive I can come up with is that Gwen is just one more longtime viewer who has had it with this character and somehow came onto the show to finish her once and for all.

Or, it just could be a bad case of whizzer gen.

The next time Nicole has to change lil' Henry Lucas Horton, I hope the kid pees in her face.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3

I did tear up a little when Sami and Allie said their tearful good-byes. Mothers and daughters making up after a fight always gets me right in the feels, probably because I was such a shit to my mom during my teenage years (standard teen girl shit, not soap opera level shit).

I've never really been a Sami fan - though I do love Lumi and I love seeing characters (and actors) with such a shared history interact with one another - but during this visit I've firmly become #TeamSami. At least for now. Everyone teamed up against her for no good reason and were so reflexively "Sami's wrong about this" and overreacting to everything she did. And at least once an episode it felt like someone talked shit about her. Even random people, like Abby in today's episode. I almost screamed at my tv, "Give it a rest, you guys!"

• Love 8

@boes, nothing wrong with putting the baby up for adoption, to give him loving parents instead of a young woman who has no real maternal instincts or desire to keep him and raise him on her own, or eventually, with the baby daddy's help. Just because the relatives want her to keep him. The relatives don't get a vote. Unless they decide to help out emotionally, spiritually, and financially. I can't see what the Horton Prize is. It may take Allie a long time to really want to be a part of her child's life. She would have done the right thing to put him up for adoption.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

@boes, nothing wrong with putting the baby up for adoption, to give him loving parents instead of a young woman who has no real maternal instincts or desire to keep him and raise him on her own, or eventually, with the baby daddy's help. Just because the relatives want her to keep him. The relatives don't get a vote. Unless they decide to help out emotionally, spiritually, and financially. I can't see what the Horton Prize is. It may take Allie a long time to really want to be a part of her child's life. She would have done the right thing to put him up for adoption.

I get your point but why put the child up for adoption when he has so many people in his family  with means who want to love him and raise him.  Lucas and Kate would raise him without reservation.  I wish that Allie had left Henry with Lucas and Kate.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I get your point but why put the child up for adoption when he has so many people in his family  with means who want to love him and raise him.  Lucas and Kate would raise him without reservation.

Kate would be 60+ in reality. Tough to look after an infant 24/7. She does have money to hire nannies. Lucas in his mid to late forties. Did he offer to take care of his daughter's child? One of my cousins and his wife are raising their daughter's child as she struggles with addiction. They are in their 60s. It's great that they are healthy enough to do so. Allie's relatives are lucky that they have the means to help out. 

• Love 4

I think it has been clearly stated that any number of Allie's family would help and raise Henry. Lucas being the obvious one, since Allie excluded Sami.

Allie just wants to stick it to Sami, hence her decision to give her child to Nicole (and not specifically to Eric, who is her uncle).

• Love 6
9 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wish you still would!

Lumi 4ever! 🥰

I'm obsessed with Gwen and her hatred of Abigail. And I will always welcome a Rolf appearance. Such fun scenes! I can't wait to find out what the deal is with this whole thing. Also though, did MM always play Abigail like she was just waiting to go on a killing spree or is that new? I don't remember lol.

It looked like Tripp didn't even know who Allie was at the end. Might have just been a bad acting choice though.

Huh, I don't get that sense. In fact, I prefer the MM version of Abby because I like soft, vulnerable Abigail.  Maybe that's why BF is also softer when he acts opposite her. I always felt KM was too screechy and hysterical.

3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Could Abigail been one of those mean girls tormenting poor classmates.  I can see it.

But they acted like they didn't know each other...?  So doubtful it's a Mean Girls situation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I get your point but why put the child up for adoption when he has so many people in his family  with means who want to love him and raise him.  Lucas and Kate would raise him without reservation.  I wish that Allie had left Henry with Lucas and Kate.

Has Kate volunteered?  Or even Lucas?  They can afford to but there's no suggestion that they'd like to raise this child.

Nicole and Eric might be willing but they didn't really consider it until the baby was basically thrown at them.

Sami has fought hard for the baby but nothing in her demeanor suggests she'd like to raise the baby until it turns 18.  She wanted custody because she didn't want Nicole to have it.  She'd raise it but only as a placeholder until she finally convinces Allie to change her mind.  The only reason she's "letting" the baby stay with Nicole is because Allie has agreed to move in and be around the baby. 

Allie doesn't want to be a mother.  She doesn't want to raise this child.  A good reason for adoption is that no one in her family is truly respecting those boundaries and would likely always try to get her to take an active role in this baby's life.  Allie annoys me but that's a perfectly reasonable position.  How she has gone about it has been messy but wanting to have her baby raised by someone committed to parenting it is a far better solution than passing it off on family members who will try to pass it back to her.

The truth is, in her family, there was only one person who openly and actively wanted to adopt the child to raise as his own and not as some extension of Allie. That was Will.  And Allie sucks for not realizing that even though Will knew about Sami's conversation with Rafe, he was still the best solution to split the difference between keeping the baby in the family and yet not being made to care about the baby beyond being its aunt.

Even Nicole was like "You must see the baaaaybeee."

So at this point, if it's not Will, a stranger is probably going to be the best solution for her in the long run.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

The more I think about it the more I believe that this was meant to be Gabi's story and this was a last minute rewrite so they have to come up with a reason why Gwen hates her.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Has Kate volunteered?  Or even Lucas?  They can afford to but there's no suggestion that they'd like to raise this child.

Nicole and Eric might be willing but they didn't really consider it until the baby was basically thrown at them.

Sami has fought hard for the baby but nothing in her demeanor suggests she'd like to raise the baby until it turns 18.  She wanted custody because she didn't want Nicole to have it.  She'd raise it but only as a placeholder until she finally convinces Allie to change her mind.  The only reason she's "letting" the baby stay with Nicole is because Allie has agreed to move in and be around the baby. 

Allie doesn't want to be a mother.  She doesn't want to raise this child.  A good reason for adoption is that no one in her family is truly respecting those boundaries and would likely always try to get her to take an active role in this baby's life.  Allie annoys me but that's a perfectly reasonable position.  How she has gone about it has been messy but wanting to have her baby raised by someone committed to parenting it is a far better solution than passing it off on family members who will try to pass it back to her.

The truth is, in her family, there was only one person who openly and actively wanted to adopt the child to raise as his own and not as some extension of Allie. That was Will.  And Allie sucks for not realizing that even though Will knew about Sami's conversation with Rafe, he was still the best solution to split the difference between keeping the baby in the family and yet not being made to care about the baby beyond being its aunt.

Even Nicole was like "You must see the baaaaybeee."

So at this point, if it's not Will, a stranger is probably going to be the best solution for her in the long run.

I think Sami and Lucas would raise this baby, if they had to do so, he is their grandson. Sami's reaction upon seeing Henry for the first time said it all.  I don't see Sami and Lucas given their history would want strangers to raise Henry.. The same for Kate, it never made any sense to me that Kate and Victor were fine with Philip giving up his son, but I digress.  As for Allie, she may not want this child for now, things could change, she did feel a maternal pull towards him. So you never know.. I think part of the reason Sami is fighting for Allie to raise her baby is because she is afraid that Allie would regret making the choice to give him up forever. If she did regret, it would be devastating on so many levels. Sami is her mom and mothers know their children better than they know themselves..

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't see Sami and Lucas given their history would want strangers to raise Henry.

But it's not her decision or choice.  I think she'd be willing to raise him too.  Willing is different than wanting to. It's clearly not her first choice and it's really unfair to the baby to be in a situation where it might be loved but also knowing that his grandmother would prefer his mother raise him and his mother not really wanting to do so. 

I hate what this implies about adoption, especially when the mother hasn't shown any indication that she would regret the decision to give it up.  I'm sure that's where we're headed but no, their current solution is not a good one or one that is prioritizing that child.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But it's not her decision or choice.  I think she'd be willing to raise him too.  Willing is different than wanting to. It's clearly not her first choice and it's really unfair to the baby to be in a situation where it might be loved but also knowing that his grandmother would prefer his mother raise him and his mother not really wanting to do so. 

I hate what this implies about adoption, especially when the mother hasn't shown any indication that she would regret the decision to give it up.  I'm sure that's where we're headed but no, their current solution is not a good one or one that is prioritizing that child.

I agree, I see what you mean.. I just wish Ron had not given Allie a baby.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I agree except Allie wasn't really planning on giving up HLH so much as passively hanging in Salem hiding from her mom and having everyone in Salem keeping her pregnancy a secret. She has a ten minute conversation with Will and Sonny who talk about how hard it is to be a parent and then runs into Rafe who just lost David and offers the baby to him. She didn't think about it and made a decision so much as pushed the responsibility of raising the baby on someone else just not her mother. And then it became about not letting Sami her way (first choice Allie raises the baby, second choice Will and Sonny do, and if not them, she would raise him and make it easier if Allie ever changed her mind about wanting custody).

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6
On 9/25/2020 at 11:39 PM, Irlandesa said:

They're good.

Now would be the perfect time for Sami to reunite with Lucas.

Reveal that Zombie EJ is a fraud- a nasty prank pulled by Dr Rolf, who perhaps has the real EJ in his lab somewhere. 

Sami is GREAT without Zombie EJ around her neck. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

Now would be the perfect time for Sami to reunite with Lucas.

Reveal that Zombie EJ is a fraud a nasty prank pulled by Dr Rolf, who perhaps has the real EJ in his lab somewhere. 

Sami is GREAT without Zombie EJ around her neck. 

Just kill off EJ for good, that rapist and Rafe were the worst things to have happened to Sami.  Reveal that Johnny is Lucas' son and that Kate had switched the results years ago to mess with Sami.  Since her lie has been going on for years, it was too risky for her to come out with the truth, fearing that Lucas would really disown her for good. Sydney could stay EJ's.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I always wanted Sydney to be EJ/Nicole's kid. 

That being said while I dislike Ejami I don't want Lumi either(I actually like Lucas) plus is Sami even sticking around if she's not I see no point in breaking Ejami up.

My favorite Nicole / EJ pairing has been these two together. Yes, there's lots of dysfunction (lies, betrayals), but I felt the heat & passion between them was also the most real of any other pairing these characters have had. I''m not a Nicole fan (not that I hate her either) but when she lost the baby she had with EJ, that was so heartbreaking.  I never thought I'd feel sympathy for Nicole, but it sucked that she lost her "little dude" (and her second? third? child), and pretty much went through the grieving process alone. (Or did Rafe help her through that period?  I wasn't watching everyday...)

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

My favorite Nicole / EJ pairing has been these two together. Yes, there's lots of dysfunction (lies, betrayals), but I felt the heat & passion between them was also the most real of any other pairing these characters have had. I''m not a Nicole fan (not that I hate her either) but when she lost the baby she had with EJ, that was so heartbreaking.  I never thought I'd feel sympathy for Nicole, but it sucked that she lost her "little dude" (and her second? third? child), and pretty much went through the grieving process alone. (Or did Rafe help her through that period?  I wasn't watching everyday...)

Nicole went through the grieving process essentially alone because she would not tell the truth to thep father (EJ). She lost her first baby while EJ was out of town and Brady was with her. She cooked up the fake pregnancy belly, buying a baby off from a scared teen, and then switching babies with Sami's child. That was her solution to her grief.

With her second pregnancy, she was spending the whole pregnancy telling EJ that Rafe was the father to punish him because he would always love  Sami more than Nicole. When she lost the baby but still in her womb needing to be extracted, she faked a fight with Jennifer and made it seem like Jennifer pushed her down some stairs and killed her baby. To get Daniel away from Jennifer. That was her solution to her grief of her second child.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Nicole left town after her second child was stillborn however I believe it was Daniel that pretended to be the father and Rafe knew.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Nicole left town after her second child was stillborn however I believe it was Daniel that pretended to be the father and Rafe knew.

It was Rafe that faked being the dad. Daniel was her doctor/boyfriend who changed the results of the paternity test. The child was named Daniel Rafael Dimera. Ugh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So I watched Friday's episode finally and I had to chuckle at Rolfe's calling Rafe Gabi's "doomkomf brother" (sp?). His partnership with Gwen still makes no sense timeline wise, and I have a terrible theory about why she's out to get Abigail. See the speculation thread for that...

It's so interesting to me the way the actors who were kids in the 90s still gel and play off each other. Just those little moments between Lucas, Sami and Nicole as Allie moved in and named her son really made the show feel alive again. Even when they're handed dull material, they bring so much to their scenes. I feel like somewhere along the line, maybe in the mid-2000s, the actors stopped relating to one another as much. I like the energy that Freddie, Chandler and Camilla have with one another...but those are the only three I can think of from a later generation post-90s to have chemistry as a group. Perhaps the rushed shooting schedule and weaker storytelling kept the young actors of late from gelling.

Which brings me to Tripp. I really hope he gets to make some friends because I think he could be a pillar within the cast at a time when the show could really use a new leading man. Unfortunately, it's clear they're already going to have him involved with Allie and possibly also with Ben and I don't think that's going to make his second stint any better than the first was. He could be such a draw for the show, but they're just going to waste him.

Am I to assume that these references to Hope leaving town are KA's exit story? I wonder if they cut out any scenes of already shot things possibly because her last scenes didn't offer much of a conclusion to her narrative...?

They're back on stage shooting now, right?

If Eric wanted to spend an entire day having fun with Nicole and Holly, why is Nicole wearing the same outfit as she was when Eric said goodbye? And Sami too? It makes it seem like Eric lied about wanting to spend the day with them and just took off to the airport seconds after kissing Nicole on the couch. Is this supposed to be the next day? Then why are so many characters looking exactly the same?

When Abigail left, wasn't she working as the head of publicity for DiMera? She's barely worked at all these last six years or so....so you can't blame me for not being able to keep it all straight. She's done press for DiMera while she had multiple personality disorder, and before that she worked briefly at the police station while trying to give Gabi and Chad the space to work out their relationship, while she went and married Dario. I can't remember if she ever even worked at the newspaper before, but there she is, talking about it like it's her default job. I really hate the idea of her replacing Will, someone who actually worked hard at being a writer for several years. Even though we barely saw that. My loyalty goes to Will.

And my eyes nearly rolled out of my head when Gwen told the good doctor how Abigail is completely nuts "but otherwise perfect". Hell no. And then HE said she had "always been a thorne in Stefano's side!" No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, Show. Shut up. Not buying it. Not true. Never was. Stop trying to make Abifail into more than she was. We watch this show, we remember her relationship with the great Stefano DiMera. We remember that she was barely a blip on his radar. He was happy for Chad that he had a girl he liked, and that was it. He could not have cared less about her, and neither could we.

...Marci certainly seems to be having fun, though. I think Billy is also really happy to see her. All of their physical affection seems very jovial and natural.

• Love 4

I think the Abigail being a "thorn in Stefano's side" was maybe a reference to the Ireland land storyline from years ago. Not that the storyline ever went anywhere but it was the only time adult Abigail was in Stefano's orbit. 

• Love 4

Caught up again.

Eric's departure: decent for a long term character. I  hope "see you later" comes true.  
Rationale for Eric's departure: LOATHABLE.  White savior complex. Completely illogical he would leave Nicole, Holly and new baby. 
Nitpick: Nicole is wearing the same dress the NEXT DAY after Eric flew all the way to the Congo.  Girl, take a shower.

Nicole's future: I like her.  Kind but snarky.  Keep it that way.

Sammy's capitulation: About damn time.  Good solution too. Also #TeamLumi  I'm so glad sober Lucas is back.

Ciara's death: She's not dead.  No remains, not even 'bring back to life from Dr EVIL (yes you are) Rolfe.

Hope's story:  ..... -_-  

Tripp is so the father.  I'm thinking one night stand, drunk and rude when he left.

Lani: I. Can't. Even.  And I'm actually a FAN of the Lani/Kristin relationship (it's a weird thing, I know).

Nibbles (TM... who's Mom was it?  I NEED to know): So YOU'RE the villain. Well, not that that's sorted.  I kinda like the noir-ish crazy mom/evil nanny potential. 

Chad/Abigail:  I like them.  And the picture with Kate Mansi was HILARIOUS.  So... is Abigails brain 'partly' melted?

Jennifer & Jack:  They are JUST FUN.  Jack egging on a drunk Justin was a delight.  And Jennifer's face when Bonnie offered her back the napkin.  Keep these two around for the giggles.

Ben: You are a hot mess.  In every sense of the word.  

Jake: Where you been boo?

John: Please let the truth bombs fly.

Sarah:  That dress is inappropriate for 1) your profession and 2) your age. I know the soaps dress 30-somethings in hot clothes but Sarah... that's just a nope.

Xander:  Get 'em Xander.  Put Phillips' smarmy face in a pooh sandwich.  (I may have digressed to Xander's maturity level for a moment).

Henry Lucas Horton:  Oh you poor baby. Custody fight before you were named.  I predict 6 months of baby drama til Tripp is revealed (I'm just guessing here, no spoilers).  Then he'll be a toddler or in preschool.  He's got to catch up to Holly (gross) or Rachel (is there a blood connection there? I'm confused).

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

So, who didn't love Lani's dismissive "Melinda's just upset about Haley's death" like Melinda's being ridiculous with her angst, but Miss Lani's super okay with Kristen stabbing Victor because he made her think her daughter was dead?  And then Lani went and questioned her dad about his rehiring Melinda as DA because apparently the mayor now answers to his low rent daughter?  I was kind of proud of Abe and his "Let justice do it's thing" to Lani's shock that Kristen might have to actually face the consequences of her actions.  I'm also massively hoping Lani gets reamed by Melinda for her role in letting Kristen escape because there is no way that poor excuse for a cop should still have a badge.

The Tripp/Allie scenes were interesting in that he seemed genuinely glad to see her and he didn't act in a weird, furtive way but Allie was very angry with him.  I need more details.

I continue to enjoy John's out bursts--the apple pie did look yummy though 🙂

• Love 14
3 hours ago, SueB said:

He's got to catch up to Holly (gross) or Rachel (is there a blood connection there? I'm confused).

I feel like everybody on this show is at least related by marriage. When Will and Sonny got together I was convinced they were related because they were both Abby's cousin and had to do a family tree to convince myself they weren't.

• LOL 3

Does Brady even care about Rachel?? He's been all over Salem since Kristen's arrest except to go pick up his kid and take care of her himself. Why the hell is Abe now stuck taking care of the miracle baby? Absolutely ridiculous. Rachel would have been better off staying with Sarah.

Lani can fuck off with her rant against Melinda. Bias? Oh honey, what do you call badgering dear old dad to replace the DA? I've mostly been meh on Lani and tolerate her because of Eli but I'm ready for her ass to go. She can die giving birth to the twins for all I care. It is unbelievable how the show thinks we are supposed to sympathize with Kristen in this situation. All because she a MOM. Get Lani and Kristen off the show please!

I like no-filter John. He needs to go around town dropping truth bombs. His rejection of Kayla's apple pie wasn't even all that bad. It's not like he tasted it and said it was awful, he just said he doesn't like apple pie. Although he is wrong: apple pie is delicious.

Well we finally got confirmation that Tripp is Henry's father. Clearly Tripp and Allie have a different take on what happened in London. Allie is doing to Tripp what she did with Sami: acting angry and lashing out but not explaining why. It's so annoying. Just say "you did so-and-so and that's why I'm pissed at you". People are not mind readers, Allie.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 11

So the mayor is encouraging his policewoman daughter to protect a felon?

Tripp didn't know who Allie was?

Lots of men manhandling women in today's show.

They're back to the hyperactive noises they always have non-existent babies make.  Probably better than a screaming real baby.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Does Brady even care about Rachel?? He's been all over Salem since Kristen's arrest except to go pick up his kid and take care of her himself. Why the hell is Abe now stuck taking care of the miracle baby? Absolutely ridiculous. Rachel would have been better off staying with Sarah.

This is the kind of story that works much better with a teenager or adult than a baby. There's more emotional resonance since we would get Mickey's POV along with the parents. Similar to Bo finding out that Victor is his bio father and all the fallout that ensued.

• Love 3

I liked Nicole's chat with Kate. They were civil and mature. Both cared about Allie. Nicole knows she's not the best option, but is there and she cares. No scheming, no nothing. It was almost refreshing.

Lani, you are a cop - to everyone - not just pick and choose people you don't like. Abe is right. It is up to Belle to prove that the newly rehired Trask has a bias towards Kristen DiMera for killing her sister/daughter. You cannot go and badger your dad to fix things for you the way you want them to. How are you going to raise your twins - be nice to X because she's my friend and anyone else who does this should be locked up? Brady, why don't you take care of your little girl? Surely you are also rich enough to hire a temporary nanny for the kid. So that you and Kristen aren't dumping her on any random sitter. Heck, give her to Sarah and Xander for a day or two.

I kind of like unfiltered John. He hates apple pie. Good for him. More for Steve. And why is Kayla bringing a pie into a patient's room like that? Why is John still at the hospital?

Tripp, meet Allie. Allie, meet Tripp. Instead of lashing out at the guy for apparently anything under the sun, express your grievance and see what happens. See what he says.

At least Nicole put together the unusual name of Tripp to the Dalton surname. And Steve put Allie together with Horton. Why can't Nicole work for the Spectator?

• Love 6

Hey Nicole, think you could get through a whole day without trashing Sami?  She's not even in town.  Take that halo you're wearing and stick it someplace the.....baby can't get ahold of it.

This whole storyline about Kristen not being punished for stabbing Victor is so strange.  If it's some sort of redemption storyline for that stutterbarking murderous nutcase, it's more heavy-handed than Brady's overuse of the tanning booth.  If it's supposed to showcase Lani's loyalty, it's falling as flat Julie's attempts to be endearing.  

Lani is absolutely ugly to anyone who doesn't share her opinion that Kristen is a helluva person and that motherhood absolves all sins - unless you're Gabi.  She's demanding, condescending, a real pain in the ass and just about the worst cop Salem's ever had and that's a high bar.  She dumps Rachel on her Dad so she can go visit the psychopath and now she's making him keep watching the baby so she can go the arraignment.   She's emotionally manipulated Eli, the man she supposedly loves and the only person she seems to give a rats ass about is Kristen.   It's the definition of tone deaf for her to ignore Melinda's grief - isn't she a mother whose kid was killed?, while celebrating Kristen's motherhood at the same time.  

Does Show think they can force us to cheer Kristen on because her dinosaur egg finally hatched?  Does Show think we automatically like Lani because they tell us to?

Brady's an idiot who's always been led by his dick, but now John also wants Kristen freed?  Marlena's got a pet serial killer - the whole town has lost their mind.

If only aliens would abduct Lani for a nice leisurely probe on their one way trip to Alpha Centauri...... if only.

Ally is such a pouty ass.  She and Lani should be friends, that'll teach her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

Allie is really growing on me.  Sami typically thinks her emotional whims are the most important thing in the room, and I can understand why that would inspire Allie to grow up with a chip-on-her-shoulder®️.  What would it be like to grow up with a mother who always has to be the star of the show?  And I say this as someone who loves Samantha Jean.  Even if Sami was doing the best she could as a mother to her children, and I believe she did her best, what would it be like to grow up in her shadow?   

Plus, the actress who portrays her has a way of making her a brat with an underlying sense of vulnerability. 

• Love 6

Just wanted to chime in with the rest of you about Lani.  I didn't think it was possible for her to be more of a bitch than she normally is, but , boy did she prove me wrong.  Yes Lani, your father somehow KNEW Kristen was going to come to town, be stupid enough to  dump her kid off on a cop, hence leading to the discovery that she was indeed in Salem, and be arrested.  That was his ONLY reason to hire Melinda Trask.  And somehow, he's supposed to just fire her because his daughter ORDERED him to.  Great plan.

While I sorta like unfiltered  John, I was really hoping he would be a lot more fun.  Wasn't there some plot a while ago where he lost his memory and was behaving in a way that was out of character for him?   I'm fuzzy on the details, but I seem to remember him being a lot more entertaining then.  Now he just seems like the crabby old relative everyone hates to visit but somehow feels obligated to do so.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wasn't Haley Melinda's sister? But still, you make a good point lol.

No, it turned out that she was Haley's real mother.  Their parents just covered up Melinda's (teen?) out-of-wedlock pregnancy by saying they were sisters and shipping Melinda off to America first.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Lots of men manhandling women in today's show

In fairness, she slapped him first...but yes, I hate the trope of the soap guy grabbing the girl by the elbow. Makes me very angry. I've never ever done that to a woman and if I did, I'd probably get slapped to kingdom come, and rightfully so. It's extremely threatening... but in Salem women seem forced to overlook it.

Lani is horrid. Girl, your friends don't get to get away with stabbing people. WTH kind of person are you, much less a cop?! And if Kristen is your only friend, you're as pathetic as Brady. Leave your father alone, you creepo.

I'd forgotten all about Tripp framing Ben. I cared that much about it.

Him working again at the hospital and Kayla excusing him for screwing around with patients' lives is....um...nope. Sorry man. No go.

Still like him though.

I was Drake would play John as less alert. His outbursts would seem more believable if he was foggy a bit. A brain aneurysm can leave people with amnesia and language problems. He's playing it almost more like Tourette's syndrome. Isn't there a director on this show, to help shape and calibrate the performances?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, boes said:

Does Show think they can force us to cheer Kristen on because her dinosaur egg finally hatched?  Does Show think we automatically like Lani because they tell us to?

Brady's an idiot who's always been led by his dick, but now John also wants Kristen freed?  Marlena's got a pet serial killer - the whole town has lost their mind.

I was hoping that John's newly appealing trait of saying what pops into his head would include telling Brady he is a moron in an abusive relationship and to let Kristen go to jail and look after his own kid so the mayor doesn't have to. But no, he blamed Victor.

I will never believe Kristen has 'changed' and Lani looks like an idiot for supporting her. Unless they were in an intense lesbian nun thing for a year I don't get it.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I will never believe Kristen has 'changed' and Lani looks like an idiot for supporting her. Unless they were in an intense lesbian nun thing for a year I don't get it.

I completely forgot that in her rant to Abe she said something like "I can't believe Kristen could go to prison over something Eli did."  No Lani.  She would NOT be going to prison for something Eli did.  She would be going to prison for something SHE did.  Unless, seeing as she never seems to do her actual job, she considers doing what you are paid to do somehow morally reprehensible.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I completely forgot that in her rant to Abe she said something like "I can't believe Kristen could go to prison over something Eli did."  No Lani.  She would NOT be going to prison for something Eli did.  She would be going to prison for something SHE did.  Unless, seeing as she never seems to do her actual job, she considers doing what you are paid to do somehow morally reprehensible.

And Melinda is a villain for wanting  her daughter's killer behind bars, but Kristen is a hero for stabbing somebody after she found out her daughter was not dead

Remember when Nicole said to Eric it might be better to leave Rachel with Sarah and not tell Brady and Kristen? Given what that kid has lived since, I think she was right for once

I'm sure Sarah would be delighted to see Rachel Mickey living her days at a coffee shop with Abe strapped into a stroller, while her Mom is in the slammer and her father seems to have zero relationship with her or any interest in seeing her

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

So, on today's show, we got to hear all about Allie's carefree life in London where she never bothered looking for a job because she was happy living off of her mom's dime and how she was constantly dealing with men coming on to her and how she wanted to make Tripp work for her attention and blah, blah, blah--does the show think this attitude makes Allie endearing because it doesn't.

And I get that Claire feels sympathy for Jan because they are both former mental patients but I'd be hard pressed to be nice to the person that kidnapped my dad and made my mom's life a misery.  Jan does look fabulous though.

Phillip's kind of a whiny little bitch and I like that he's being put in his place by Maggie, Sarah, his dad and now the Salem PD--it might be time to show some humility.

• Love 6