Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I'm really liking Marci's Abby. There's something so genuine about her.

Me too.  And I agree about her seeming so genuine.  Marci's Abigail also seems like an adult.  If she starts kicking ass, though, I hope she switches shoes to some nice, pointy, heels.  God knows the DiMera Boarding House could use some deep cleaning.

• Love 8

I like both actresses that played Claire and I truly appreciate that Tripp was able to admit that he was a selfish jerk to her--I wonder if the show is going to have them have a romance again?

Re: Ciara and her sudden ability to defend herself with her fists and beat Vincent in hand to hand combat--where was all of this badassery when her dear sweet Ben was threatening her?  Instead we got to see her crying in a bathtub.  I know this is going to sound cruel but I don't really care that she might have been blown up in a car explosion.  I just hope Vincent got away when he ran from Hope and Shawn.

How did Gwen know for sure that the glass of champagne she drugged would go to Abs, it could just have easily have been given to Chad.  I also kind of love that Princess Abs has yet another woman to deal with who heartily dislikes her--Chad's questioning who else but Gabi could want to hurt Abigail made me laugh.  Only the Hortons think Abs is wonderful, no one else shares that opinion.

• Love 10

I'm pretty sure the Hortons live in a constant state of delusion and denial. Their family is messed up but they walk around acting like they're God's gift.

You can't convince me that Chad doesn't double down on Gabi mostly because she completely flips all of his sexual switches.

Well that was a pretty grim episode wasn't it? Victoria really deserves credit for everything she's been playing the last two or so weeks. The dread, the fear for her life, the constantly being on the verge of tears - she made every moment feel real and even though I don't feel much sympathy for the character, I'm still a human being and it's not nice to see someone on the brink of being murdered.

I'm not understanding why Vincent suddenly started thinking she was Wendy, but at the same time his performance was so good I don't really need an answer spoon-fed to me. I think it's completely believable that his grief pushed him into having a kind of delusional response. And it was unexpected and chilling...but also, it actually made him seem more human and less like a monster. He obviously really loved Wendy and misses her. I wonder what that kind of thing is like, if it ever happens in real life, I mean, looking at someone but thinking you're talking to someone else. Has that happened to any of you? LOL It must be terrifying....or maybe really reassuring. Who knows.

The Gwen twist is so stupid. Was she even released from the asylum when Chad and Abigail were having their toast? Drugging a woman you don't even know is a pretty severe thing. This feels like an "Orpheus was there at the car accident" rewrite all over again. I felt at the time, and still feel, that Vivian was the one drugging Abigail before reappearing in town. It would have made sense because she resented Abigail for polluting Stefan's mind and having him nearly murder her by locking her up in that room in the cellar with Marlena and Kate. I love that she never let Stefan off the hook for siding with his Looney Tunes girlfriend, Schmabby 🤣

And if they were going to bother recreating the toast for a flashback, couldn't they remember to put the actors behind the bar, where they were originally seated? I still remember the framing and I didn't even particularly care about that scene. Gabi was standing between the two of them and they were seated at the bar, right in front of the camera.....not at a table. Lazy! It only happened like three months ago. Can't the producers remember?

• Love 7
15 hours ago, boes said:

If she starts kicking ass, though, I hope she switches shoes to some nice, pointy, heels. 

She could go to Anna's little cordonnier -- his handmade shoes are to die for! Well, er, of, actually.

• LOL 4
Just now, brisbydog said:

Sympathy is with Vincent. He lost the woman he loved. Why is he a 'maniac' and Ben is a great guy?

Abs?

8 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Can't the producers remember?

Do you really want the answer to this question?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Sweet Jesus, Ciara. For all your "knowing what to do because my parents were/are cops", you sure took a long time to catch on to the idea that pretending to be Wendy was going to go better for you at that moment.

So if Gwen is this criminal mastermind who drugs Abigail, then why did she run away to Bayview to hide from her boyfriend when she stole the book from the mob? And as it's been noted - how exactly did she drug her when she was supposed to be in Bayview at the time.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Zero indication that Ciara was in that building.

Spoiler

I feel like there may be another explosion tomorrow. In the NBC promo Ben screams out her name in a more horrified way and he has soot on his face.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh did the building blow up? I thought it was the car lol. To be fair though, I watched it in fast forward so!

Oh man, I thought it was the car as well--I guess the building exploded which then took out the car?  Either way, don't really care what happened to Ciara :)  I know Salem will be devastated but I'm okay with it--if only Ben, Chad and Abs had gone with her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I feel like this show just crossed out Gabi's name and inserted Gwen's name in the scripts when it comes to this storyline except we at least saw Gabi's motive etc.

When Abby was poisoned, Gabi didn't really have a motive.  They just thought it was her because why not?  None of it made any sense but everyone blindly went forward accusing her in spite of that.

Fast forward to today, and suddenly Abigail is pointing out all the flaws in the "Gabi did it theory" which were always there. 

We don't know why Gwen did it but at least there's potential for the show coming up with a motive that makes more sense than Gabi.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

We don't know why Gwen did it but at least there's potential for the show coming up with a motive that makes more sense than Gabi.

You have more faith in the writers than I do. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It sure feels like they shifted the plots a bit, mid arc. 

Previously Chad was acting like an asshole constantly.  Now he seems more normal Chad.  

Vincent losing his mind so quickly was just... bizarre.  

I liked Jake and Ben’s interaction.  

Julie’s back. *sigh*

So Nibbles (TM someone’s Mom) is a secret villain. I mean, she was bad news before but what the hell does she have against Abigail?  

I love Abigail busting Jake.  Good analogy regarding Gwen being a snake.  

And how does Vincent go from delusional to planting a car bomb IN THE CAR HE IS DRIVING, which he remotely blows up while running away.  And no way was Ciara there.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, SueB said:

So Nibbles (TM someone’s Mom) is a secret villain. I mean, she was bad news before but what the hell does she have against Abigail?  

Well she was sitting at a table away from her and perhaps Gwen found Abigail to be as annoying as I do.

Honestly, Ron will probably write in some unknown beef tied to some old history that he decided to use like he did with Vincent and Wendy in regards to Ben.

• Love 4

Why did Vincent snap and think Ciara was Wendy? Off his meds? Looking to get out of jail for free in terms of being sent to Bayview or Shaky Pines?

I also liked Jake and Ben's talk. At least Ben has a friend of sorts.

Yes, Jake, warn Abigail (who was shocked to see a Stefan doppelganger) that snakes in the yard don't just bite intruders. He knows her and to watch out for her.

At this time Abigail thinks it may be someone else than Gabi who drugged her? Gabi had no real motive for doing so. She could torment Abs in other simpler ways. Who else? Not everyone adores you, Sunshine.

Julie could remember Gwen from months back? I can see if she wore a fancy unique outfit, but just a general person in the restaurant? Not really, unless she spoke and Julie recognized the accent. Gwen easily could have slipped out from Bayview since she checked herself in.

Claire is going to revisit an involvement with Tripp?

Ben did make a correct comment when Hope said he was too emotionally involved with this case. Um, Hope, you are Ciara's mom and Shawn is her brother. Where are Eli and Lani?

Doubt Ciara was in the car - probably in one of the buildings near that airstrip. And seriously, if you are going to use a remote airstrip and you can afford a plane, wouldn't you make sure that the gates were unlocked?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm not understanding why Vincent suddenly started thinking she was Wendy, but at the same time his performance was so good I don't really need an answer spoon-fed to me.

Was it from Ciara injecting him with the syringe yesterday? I think it had the serum he’d been giving Ben, which made him hallucinate. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

You have more faith in the writers than I do. 

You take that back!  But seriously, I said potential.  So in between now and when  her motive is revealed, I can live in the land of "well maybe" as opposed to "it makes no sense" land. 

19 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Was it from Ciara injecting him with the syringe yesterday? I think it had the serum he’d been giving Ben, which made him hallucinate. 

That was my supposition too.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Ben did make a correct comment when Hope said he was too emotionally involved with this case. Um, Hope, you are Ciara's mom and Shawn is her brother. Where are Eli and Lani?

Said very few people who want a crime solved especially in the case of Lani.

• LOL 11
19 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Oh absolutely that is why but what was he hoping it did for Cierra? Bring her back to her senses about Ben?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

When Abby was poisoned, Gabi didn't really have a motive.  They just thought it was her because why not?  None of it made any sense but everyone blindly went forward accusing her in spite of that.

Fast forward to today, and suddenly Abigail is pointing out all the flaws in the "Gabi did it theory" which were always there. 

She did when Gabi was framed by Stefan/Abby's alter and Gabi wanted to make Abby pay for being wrongly imprisoned etc. that at least made sense we saw that play out  in the DID storyline with Gwen not so much.

Gabi still holds a grudge against Chad/Abby that's still a motive... She has drugged Abby in the past so them thinking it could be her is one of the few things that makes sense on this show.

I don't mind Gwen being the interloper but I wish they would come up with a story that doesn't involve mental illness why can't she just be a trashy golddigger who wants Chad for his $$$. Soaps used to have those type of characters without them being a sociopath.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5

Julie's all heart, isn't she?  Her granddaughter/niece is missing, in the hands of another mad scientist, and her major preoccupation is embarrassing some patron because she "never forgets a face".  

Trust me, Julie, nobody ever forgets you squawking at them while invading their personal space, either.  She's lucky Nibbles didn't just lean down and take a bite out of her big nose.  

I guess Doug must be home, bitterly regretting his choice of a life partner.

Ciara go boom?  We should be so lucky.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She did when Gabi was framed by Stefan/Abby's alter and Gabi wanted to make Abby pay for being wrongly imprisoned etc. that at least made sense we saw that play out  in the DID storyline with Gwen not so much.

But they had basically come to a detente over that and really hadn't had much to do with one another.  No, they didn't necessarily like one another but I think it's a pretty big jump between not liking to active poisoning.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But they had basically come to a detente over that and really hadn't had much to do with one another.  No, they didn't necessarily like one another but I think it's a pretty big jump between not liking to active poisoning.

Sure but this is Days they don't have characters show normal reactions etc.

• Love 2
Just now, CanaryFan98 said:

Sure but this is Days they don't have characters show normal reactions etc.

Meh.  Abigail is being normal now questioning their initial conclusions so I think it's safe to say that the ridiculousness can be brought into question.

Besides, I don't agree that they're swapping in Gwen for Gabi because I don't think the show ever told the story as if Gabi were actually guilty of poisoning Abigail.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Meh.  Abigail is being normal now questioning their initial conclusions so I think it's safe to say that the ridiculousness can be brought into question.

Besides, I don't agree that they're swapping in Gwen for Gabi because I don't think the show ever told the story as if Gabi were actually guilty of poisoning Abigail.

I think had Gabi stuck around they would've dragged her into Chad/Abby even though most of us don't want that. Otherwise they wouldn't have them live in the same house(even though we know the show is broke and can't afford sets etc) plus with Jake around them Gabi would've been around too in some capacity.

This show doesn't tell stories they tell plot points this show told us Stefan/Gabi were in love but it was never really shown as much as it was lust and a couple of nice moments but most of it was Gabi's lame attempt at revenge against him. We're told that Kristen has changed yet I don't really see how she has reformed. Same with Ben, Xander etc.  

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Is that what happened? I missed Tuesday's show. Thanks for filling me in.

8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Oh absolutely that is why but what was he hoping it did for Cierra? Bring her back to her senses about Ben?

Heck I'm still confused as to how their repeated torture and chemical brainwashing was strong enough to make Ben unable to move his body unless Vincent Simon Says...but not so strong that it couldn't be magically undone in an instant. Ben should be in the hospital under police watch as Doctors perform tests, collect evidence and try to get these drugs out of his system. He should still be in the throws of the effects of what he was exposed to...AND because he just semi-attempted to murder his wife, police should be taking absolutely no risks with him. He would be held as a suspect. They wouldn't be telling him information about their search or taking off his handcuffs and welcoming him to run along with them and further complicate their rescue mission. Isn't this the same day that he was drugged by Vincent to take Ciara off and murder her? It seems like it's less than 24 hours since some syringes were stuck in his body. The fact that he was able to find a moment to break through and stop himself from killing Ciara doesn't mean that magically he's in perfect health all of a sudden.

...but then again, Marlena was recently able to break through her mind control just because. All it took was a few pleading words from John and his love for her magically overpowered whatever science was making her hot for Stevano.

....of course, this isn't a uniquely Ron trait. Remember how Brady's heart failure was undone by having Holly rest on his chest for 2 seconds? Idiotic.

• LOL 4

If Gwen's going to continue poisoning Abs, then she's my new favorite character 🙂  Go Gwen, keep on torturing Princess Abigail!  Too bad Abby put the wine glass down but I'm sure Gwen will have other opportunities.

I kind of cracked up at Princess Abs' calling Gabi "that kind of girl" when she learned that Gabi and Jake slept together because, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this is the first time Gabi's actually been in the cheating role in a relationship?  JJ cheated on her with Lani, and then Eli cheated on her with Lani, she's been the wronged party while Abs helped EJ cheat when he was engaged to Sami and then Abs cheated with Chad when she was engaged to Ben.

I keep asking this by why does Sarah insist on using this little girl baby voice with Xander, it's kind of freaking me out now.  The Xander/Phillip scenes are shaping up to be damn interesting because the rivalry is for the CEO job and to be Victor's favorite.  Refreshingly different 🙂

I just can't get worked up about Ciara because she's not as beloved a character as the showrunners think she is.

• Love 10

Chad is such a smug douchebag. Take him down, Jake! Drag him!

So Ciara is presumed dead without any remains of any kind being found 🙄 I won't be sad to see her go if she's gone for good, but geez KA is going to kill me. Its bad enough having to deal with of one child dying but two is too much.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Can Vincent inject Ben with some kind of drug that shuts him up? If I never have to hear him screech "CIIIAAAAAARAAAAAAAA!" again... In the absence of Vincent, Sarah can do it. Although I am deeply concerned about the lack of professionalism of the Salem U Hospital doctors who choose to make out like teenagers in the lobby. (Also Salem U Hospital has an ER? Is it next to the 1-bed maternity ward?)

I am really enjoying MM as Abigail. She brings a good snark to her line delivery.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

According to Jason47, Philip, Tripp, Gwen, Allie, and Claire are all now on contract status.

Is Lucas still in town?  Is Jake still in Lucas's room?

OK, I guess technically Philip is Victor's only son, since Bo is dead ...

As a hospital patient, I don't know how comfortable I would be if I happened to see my doctor smooching with some guy at the nurses' station.

I hope Jake takes douchy Chad down.

Now Hope and Ben need to have grief sex.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think Ben/Hope have inappropriate chemistry well more than her and Rafe(not that it takes much) if Hope was more like Eve and Ben not a SK I could've gone for it tbh.

Ciara realizing on her own she needs to escape Ben would go a long way in salvaging the character which means it won't happen.

• Love 6

Hands down the worst police force anywhere, ever.  So they find not a bit, not a whit of any human remains BUT some butt ugly jewelry remains and they're convinced Ciara is dead?  Well, this is the same group who were convinced Ciara was smart, so I guess we shouldn't expect much.

Ben got to scream CIARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRA only 4 times today, at least that I could count.  I'm hoping that his next girlfriend has a name like Rosanne Rosannadanna, because I'd like to see him try screaming THAT at least three times an episode.  All that lurching manly macho Ben does, because I guess his balls are too big he can't walk right, along with this guppy face substitute for emotion and him falling to his knees like he's having a vision of the Virgin Mary are just too much.  Now we're going to have to listen to him moan and groan as he says "Man" a lot, screams "Ciara" a lot, and looks off into the distance, gulping air like a dead fish.  

Ohthedrama.  

With any luck, BenOllie's next obsessive love interest will be Julie.  Cue that ukelele.

JKJ needs to go take a few acting refresher courses.  He's doing that inappropriate grinning thing that Chandler would fall into sometimes, and he pulls back in his conversations as if they person he's talking to just rolled around on a dead animal.  Not loving his return.

MM is a pleasure to watch so far, though, for me at least.  She's such a grown up compared to KM's version.   Looks like she and Nibbles are going to be such good buddies.  

Here's hoping Jake clocks Chad early and often.  

Again, whose house is it?  It's not that long ago that Chad told Gabi it was her house, Gabi said it was her house, now Chad is kicking Jake out?  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I was annoyed at Xander and Sarah today. Them making out at the hospital was inappropriate. Xander being whiny about having to share the CEO position with Philip was annoying as well. Grow up.

I enjoyed both Philip/Belle and Shawn/Belle scenes today. Martha Madison has chemistry with both men. That ending with Belle comforting Shawn in her arms was the most emotion I felt in today’s show. Hope and Ben’s grief did nothing for me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Maybe, when Gabi left so suddenly, Chad just assumed squatter's rights and now he "owns" the house?

If it works like that, I can see why Harold stays around.  

Someday, Munster Manor could be his!

• LOL 9

@kitmerlot1213, it's almost funny that Gabi's boyfriends cheated on her with...... Lani.

So Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaa is presumed dead because someone found a piece of jewelry. No remains? She wasn't seen in the car. She's probably locked up in one of the buildings or Vincent had someone pick her up and take her elsewhere. Unless he threw her in the trunk or something. Vincent was apprenhended or got away - to the car that had Ciara to whisk her off? There should be a full investigation. And seriously, hardly anyone actually dies in Salem. They all come back eventually.

Do feel badly that Hope has 'lost' two children now. Please, Ben, try to show more than a scrunched up face when mourning the love of your life. He and Hope do make a strangely attractive pair.

Doctor Sarah, you should find a private room to smooch with your schmoopy boyfriend. It's a little inappropriate.

Belle seemed grown up. Liked when she knocked Philip over, thinking he was Jan Spears.

Wonder how long Victor will dangle the CEO position for both Xander and Philip.

Chad, stop being so smug. Abs is back and you still have to deal with Shin or Shin Jr.

Nibbles is moving to Gabi's room? Why? Jake should get that one since it is larger and he is actually, er, family.

Nice dosing of Abs' wine and her talking about her mission. Too bad Abs didn't drink the wine and the hallucinogen will just get poured down the sink. Still the finger nibbling.

The only real emotional at the 'loss' of Ciara was Belle and Shawn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I know it was supposed to be DRAMA, but I really almost laughed when Hope was screaming at the firemen to get Ciara out of the car.  She didn't even know for sure that Ciara was in there.  And the scene where, rather than let Shawn try to actually deal with the fire, both Ben and Hope decided to go for extra drama while Super Shawn manages to restrain both of them at the same time?  Pure gold.  Finally, while the car was still engulfed in flames, Hope was asking if Ciara was in there.  Um... they can't actually see more than you can.....because of the, you know, flames.  

Apparently, that was one really great car bomb.  Somehow, someone managed to see the explosion, call 911, have the fire department show up, have them put out an alert to the hospital, have Ben show up in the hospital (he must have taken the transporter because he was somehow able to get there in record time) and the car was STILL on fire.  Say what you will about Vincent, but no one can accuse HIM of half-assing it.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

@DaphneCat, the car seemed to burn a long time. Like it had a full tank of gas.

Maybe Salem has an air ambulance.

Their maternity ward is literally in the nurses station. (And magically appears and disappears as needed!) It's doubtful they have access to air ambulance. 😉

• LOL 5

I don't know which is more weird...Kristen, Kayla, Eric and Lani choking up over their deep friendships with Ciara, who only spent time with and shrieked about Ben for three years...or Marlena dragging Sami and holding her responsible for any future crimes Jan commits for getting her released maybe five days earlier. Really?

"Everybody knows Jan is not better!" 🤔 Doc, we don't know shit about Jan. You only spoke to her for exactly One Second. Sami is right to bring up Ben and your unwavering support of him based on....nothing. You just saw him one day and said "he's better now" and adored him ever since. 

(Can we please stop comparing Claire to Ben? Please? Thanks. Not the same.)

I thought I'd be happy to see the show acknowledge things that happened on the Digital Series but um....if Jan set a bomb and kidnapped Shawn like...a year ago, how on Earth would she be up for release? Makes no sense.

Either the hospital is incompetent, or Jan is fine. I don't know what to believe...and I don't especially care. Jan isn't interesting, Ron.

More importantly, Sami has all the money she'd need to get a random lawyer at the last minute. But if they'd acknowledged that, then we wouldn't have had the "pleasure" of seeing her play Sami McBeal.

And again - judge, do you release Lucas Horton is alive, well-liked and an alternative to Nicole and Sami?

Eli, ROCK ON! I am so damn proud of you. Best cop on this show! "Aren't you tired of the bad guys getting all the wins and the people that we love losing?" YES! Yes we are. "Why is this baby still here?" THANK YOU 👏👏👏👏

• Love 8

Hi DOOL fans, what's the real scoop with Gwen?  Does she really wanna hook up with Chad, or is she just befriending Abigail so Abs doesn't kick Gwen out of the mansion?  Does anyone know?

Also, I still don't understand why Show introduced Gwen as "hiding out" at the sanitorium because she was afraid of her ex (meaning: Jake). Then when she got out, she went hardcore to get back with him...?  Her explanation to Claire why she was in the clinic made no sense.

Finally, how far in advance does DOOL shoot episodes?  Bold & the Beautiful ran out of episodes, so they've been filming new stuff, but socially distanced -  and it shows!  It's weird how the characters find ways to be 6 feet apart (or more) when they're in the same room. 

• Love 2