Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I guess I'm in the minority here in not being Team Nicole OR Team Sami. I still root more for Nicole and Eric mostly because of Eric, but Nicole really is trying my patience lately. I don't know what kind of direction Arianna Zucker is getting because on the one hand she plays these scenes where she is being the town gossip spreading information in this really disingenuous way. Like she runs to someone to spills the beans and then simpers and pretends like she's having second thoughts when spilling the beans is all she wants to do. And whenever she whines to Eric about not being to help herself with Sami, it sounds pathetic. But when Eric did confront her on her wanting to win against Sami she seemed truly offended.

Sami and Nicole are both coming across as whiny, petulant children who are more interested in their decades-long feud than what's in the best interest of the child. I thought Tuesday's episode absolutely made a case that neither woman should have custody given Nicole's behavior with Belle and Sami's with Justin. I'm more Team Anyone Get Custody other than those two especially if it's the biological father.

Speaking of children, this Rafe/Hope stuff is insufferable. I never had as much of a problem with them when I started watching the show again other than thinking they were boring. I definitely didn't mourn that pairing when it ended. Right now, I just want to throw things watching their scenes because they're not acting like adults who have been married multiple times (including to each other) but like high schoolers. It would have served them right if Eve had gotten away while they were busy making out and rehashing their relationship. And, what crack police work that it was only after Rafe got his tongue out of her mouth that Hope bothered to do research and figured out it was the anniversary of Paige's death so she knew where to find Eve.

I did think KA was really wonderful both when she talked about Zack with Rafe (the only part of those scenes I enjoyed) and pleading with Eve today.

I thought the acting was well-done in the dorm room scenes. I felt Ciara's fear. I don't want Hope to lose another child, but I can't say I'm feeling too sorry for Ciara considering how blithely she's dismissed Ben's past.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How would that trump anything Nicole says? What she did with Sydney was terrible but Sami has done some equally loathsome stuff. While it's not exactly the same, she basically stole a year of Will's life from Lucas so I doubt either Nicole or Sami would come out winners if all their sins were laid bare.

In a battle of "Who's the Worst", I agree, it would probably be a draw.  JMO, but in a custody case about a kid/grandkid of Sami's, I think Nicole's borrowing a baby and forgetting to return it would count against her big time in this particular instance.  Plus, for me, Sami's being her usual loudmouth pain in the ass but I find Nicole's fake piety while being anything but impossible to take.  And i generally LIKE Nicole.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Most people who have seen Ron's previous work knows he builds a couple up to destroy them(well I guess all current writers do this) but tbh Cin is pretty terrible in general. I mean he's a serial killer.. sure there have been rapists that get romances but that was done over time and other characters were still allowed to hate the guy if they wanted to. They just managed to luck out because the actors have great chemistry.

Having RSW return as Ben's twin who has to deal with what his brother did ala Kevin on GH would've been a 1000x better than this....

We could have even had Ben's twin become fascinated with him, leading them to spend time with each other, even bonding.. Twins do have a special bond with each other even if they were not raised together.  The need to be with each other may even be stronger for having been separated for so long.  Then, one day Ben switches places with him and all hell breaks loose in Salem.  Not all villains need to be redeem, just make them interesting and give them a point of view. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7

The show was interrupted here yesterday because the news needed to tell me it was raining outside 😒

what was Rafe dad deal?   Did he escape jail? Was he there to take Rafe somewhere?

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

what was Rafe dad deal?   Did he escape jail? Was he take Rafe somewhere?

I didn't pay super close attention but I believe they said Eduardo had been released from jail. He wants Rafe (and maybe Gabi) to go with him to Mexico. It ended with him telling Rafe that they are in danger.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So Gabi puts on a bra to have sex. She very obviously was not wearing that push up in her crop top. 🤣

Yes Hope, screaming at a person you know has been brainwashed and is clearly confused about what is happening is going to make him provide you with clear answers.

Also, shut up both Sami and Nicole and this whole stupid endless baby story line.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

So I officially hate Eric and Nicole and not because I'm Team Sami, but rather Nicole and Eric are so completely obnoxious together, especially when he turns to Sami and spitefully asks her who's waiting for her at home.  

I like Gabi and Jake together and good for him for realizing he has to break up with Gwen--he's clearly drawn to Gabi and as much as I dislike Gwen, no one should be someone's second choice.  But now it looks like Rafe and Gabi will be leaving with their dad because apparently he got on the wrong side of the bad guys he's working for and they're targeting his family.  Does that mean Ari will be leaving with Gabi or Sonny and Will?

The Ben/Hope scenes were riveting, particularly Hope's anguish at trying to find Ciara and reacting to how broken Ben was acting.  KA 's Hope is still one of the best soap heroines out there and I wish I could say the same for her daughter--the entire time Ciara sat in the bathtub, I was hoping she had found a weapon to defend herself with but it doesn't look like it.

• Love 6

Yeah. I refuse to believe that this girl who had the audacity to run around town yelling at people to like Ben doesn't have any of that fire when her life is actually at stake. It's almost like she wanted him to kill her or get over himself. I can understand panic in the moment, but I can't understand not holding a weapon or trying to get out the window and just literally sitting in the spot where he killed someone else six years prior. Might as well put an apple in her mouth.

I think Ron really likes this kind of story where people become increasingly histrionic and throw plot points in each other's faces. I feel like he pats himself on the back and giggles, telling himself "boy, they will be so impressed with how much of this show's history I remember! And so thrilled by how dramatic and exciting the stories are, like they used to be in the 90s!" 🙄

Everyone involved in the courtreoom scenes did a great job with their performances, and I have to admit I'm kind of proud of Eric for lying to protect his wife. Sami and Nicole are pretty much even in my eyes in terms of being nuts. And I usually don't think that supporting one's spouse at the expense of one's family or friends is a good idea, but at the beginning of this story, Nicole was being nice to Allie and even encouraged her to reach back out to her mother. I do feel like Nicole is now deliberately trying to fight with Sami, but it didn't start out that way, so I guess that's what Eric is clinging to as well as proof that Nicole is actually not the villain here.

Sami throwing out a murder accusation with no proof was silly because of course the judge can't rule on that.

Why was Gwen dressed up?

The Eduardo thing is so abrupt it's making Theresa's "I suddenly have to leave with El Fideo" departure storyline seem like a gradual, brilliantly plotted reveal. Gabi is literally in the middle of three storylines right now. She doesn't need a fourth.

• Love 8

Thoughts:

That is some over the top overacting by the serial killer. Still don't care

Why would they not call in Xander to back up Sami's story? Not just cause I miss him, but wouldn't it make sense?

I really hate Smug Nicole and Eric. They should have whipped out the bible, wonder if he still would have lied?

Gabi and Rafe off with their dad? Abrupt

• Love 6

Yeeeah Jake got himself some sex he actually looked like he enjoyed!

Oh Rafe you moron. Does he not get that bad guys can kill or hurt cops?

The flashbacks of Ben trying to recall what happened were..uncomfortable. Ciara slouched in the shower stall looking deflated reminded me of when women are chased by the killer in horror movies and they just loose the strength to fight. KA again broke my heart though.

I'm not and never was the biggest Sami fan but Eric and Nicole needed to be bitchslapped and should be in jail for lying to a judge.

• Love 6

Sami wasn't just trying to keep Nicole away from her grandchild, she was also accusing Nicole of murder, which could have led to charges and jail time. That was a pretty serious escalation. I would think Sami would have had enough reason to politely ask a judge to keep Nicole out of the equation based purely on the whole Sydney ordeal. Fine, she served her jail time and wasn't in her right mind back then. Whatever. She still took this woman's baby for a year and committed a crime. She shouldn't now be stepping in years later to adopt her grandchild. That's pretty reasonable.

But Eric should also be seeing and saying that. Which brings me right back to Lucas: where the hell are you?

Also, paging Roman! I know he barely appears on the show anymore, and I think he's only had one scene with Allie during Eric and Nicole's wedding where they were seated in the same room, but couldn't he be a good neutral party to look after the kid? He was a police commissioner and doesn't have any crimes on his rap sheet as far as I recall. He's Sami's father and understands that she can be controlling and that the baby shouldn't be turned over to her if Allie isn't comfortable with that.

...or Kate! What about Kate? She was bankrolling Ali's intercontinental adventures....

Ugh. This is pointless. I'll stop.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah. I refuse to believe that this girl who had the audacity to run around town yelling at people to like Ben doesn't have any of that fire when her life is actually at stake. It's almost like she wanted him to kill her or get over himself. I can understand panic in the moment, but I can't understand not holding a weapon or trying to get out the window and just literally sitting in the spot where he killed someone else six years prior. Might as well put an apple in her mouth.

Yes! I’ve found myself shouting “kick him in the nuts!” a lot. Then there was the moment he was having his breakdown, and she decided to comfort him, instead of taking the opportunity to run. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Yes! I’ve found myself shouting “kick him in the nuts!” a lot. Then there was the moment he was having his breakdown, and she decided to comfort him, instead of taking the opportunity to run. 

But he's changed!

• LOL 7

Sami killed the guy who wanted to cut off Little Rafe.  Are they going to ignore that?

Did they put John in a coma just so Marlena wouldn't be available to help Ben?

Sami gets to interrupt whenever she wants to, but when Nicole tries to defend herself, the judge tells her to shut up or be kicked out.

Laughing at Gabi's comments to Gwen.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Sami killed the guy who wanted to cut off Little Rafe.  Are they going to ignore that?

Did they put John in a coma just so Marlena wouldn't be available to help Ben?

Sami gets to interrupt whenever she wants to, but when Nicole tries to defend herself, the judge tells her to shut up or be kicked out.

Laughing at Gabi's comments to Gwen.

Sami did not kill Bernardi. She shot him to save Rafe's little life when he was in a coma. At her trial, it was reveal that Bernardi did not die from his gunshot wound but was in fact killed by his secret girlfriend nurse who was pissed that he dumped her. They dropped the charges against Sami because she was innocent and being framed by Stefano.

It was John's turn to be at death's door. Last time it was Marlena. It's either almost dying, kidnapping on their hundred wedding/renewal of vows for John and Marlena.

On the first day, the judge warned Sami various times that she was close to being held in contempt and even told her to grow up while she went to read Allie's note.

• Love 7

Periodical reminder:  Casting spoilers are spoilers in this thread. 

In fact, if you read casting spoilers, please read the spoilered portion of this post:

Spoiler

There are going to be a lot of exits coming up and we're seeing a lot of "spot the exit story" popping up in the comments.  Please don't do that.  It gives away that it's an exit story as opposed to something a character or couple will have to deal with. Don't point out it's an exit story until after it's the character's official last day.  

And naturally, you can't talk about their return until they return.  The only exception to this would be if it's a known vacation like Missy usually takes every year.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Lucas and Roman being in this story would be better but at the same time Roman at least JT's version is an imposter to me that I'm kind of glad he's ignored....

I agree with you but Roman is needed and I am just over this stupid story. Eric and Nicole need to disappear for good.  Sami and Eric have always had a good relationship even though the show has missed plenty of opportunities  over the years to explore their bond as twins but they were for the most part really close and Ron had to just ruin it for his insipid plots.. 

• Love 3

Gwen looked awfully well-dressed for a night of all you can eat shrimp. Something casual that would work with a bib of something. Maybe I am thinking crab or lobster. The glittery dress was a bit.... much.

Jake probably enjoyed his time with Gabi. Her lingerie was quite nice and looked expensive.

Too bad that out of nowhere, her and Rafe's father show up to whisk them out of town. No buildup, no nothing. No attempts on their life already.

Sami should bring up some of her crimes. None of them have anything to do with the custody case. Lots of scummy people who have done lousy things in their lives have kids - this is about who is the best choice to temporarily look after the child. Not to rehash a bunch of old wars. More about Sami and Nicole and nothing else.

Hope, you are not going to get much out of a man who you know has been programmed and brainwashed. Let him get the drugs out of his system, take him somewhere quiet so he can collect himself. Have a mental health professional available who has experience in mind control and can offer some help. A little overacting from Ben, but Hope does know that he was not acting out of his own choice. Ciara is not around, so she most likely somehow got away.

• Love 4

As usual, Hope missed her chance with Ben.  While he's still programmed, why didn't she implant the suggestion that he bark like a dog every time he sees Julie, quack like a duck when he sees Ciara and hop like a kangaroo whenever he's in Horton Square.  Or, pretty much anything.

giphy.gif

If you can't have fun with a crazed serial killer, then what's the point?

With Rafe leaving town with Dad, Lani at the hospital checking on the quadruplets every time she has to pee and Eli apparently MIA, Hope is going to be one busy cop.  

Maybe Ciara just went back to the hotel to bring back her loofah?  No sense in being in that shower without one.

Poor Marlena.  She's going to be torn between staying at John's side as he fights for his life, or going to Ben's side as soon as hears what has happened.  

So, do you think she'll go home for a quick change before rushing to Ben's side?  John, hold that thought, she'll be right back.

Gabi couldn't come up with a better lie than that?

If the criminals that Eduardo pissed off, the ones who want to kill him and his family end up with Gabi, they'll immediately surrender just to get away from the screeching.

• LOL 17
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I agree with you but Roman is needed and I am just over this stupid story. Eric and Nicole need to disappear for good.  Sami and Eric have always had a good relationship even though the show has missed plenty of opportunities  over the years to explore their bond as twins but they were for the most part really close and Ron had to just ruin it for his insipid plots.. 

On paper this whole custody thing should've been a decent story but the execution is terrible. I still think Allie should've been a surrogate for Eric/Nicole with Sami fighting it every step of the way. 

Also Kate should be involved it figures they force her into storylines/situations where she is completely worthless and in a storyline where she would actually fit she's nowhere to be found.

• Love 3

The latest round of Sami vs Nicole could have been great storytelling if they had given real focus to Eric being torn between his twin and his wife. And it should be really hard on him because he's loved Sami literally all his life while Nicole is his dream woman. Instead he's been little more than wallpaper while they yell at each other. Of course he finally shows a spark of personality when he chooses to perjure himself for Nicole and when he's needlessly cruel to Sami with the "you've lost everyone" remark. Go away Eric. I get that Sami is at her best when she's in antagonist mode but so is Nicole so why not have fun with that? Saint Nicole is beyond boring. Villain vs Villain would be far more entertaining.

As for the baby they should have given Lucas temporary custody while figuring out the permanent solution. Let him relax and bond with his grandson while Sami and Nicole give the poor judge a migraine.

I enjoyed Gabi and Jake. I feel like their relationship going forward can easily be written as BFF now that they've gotten sex out of the way. I'm sure they'll end up a couple but I'm hoping for friendship.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Yes! I’ve found myself shouting “kick him in the nuts!”

I imagine there was a chorus of us doing it all at the same time 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Those were my exact words, shouted at the television with such irritation and volume that someone had to ask me to please be quiet, LOL.

9 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

But he's changed!

tenor.gif?itemid=5057769

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

On paper this whole custody thing should've been a decent story but the execution is terrible. I still think Allie should've been a surrogate for Eric/Nicole with Sami fighting it every step of the way. 

Also Kate should be involved it figures they force her into storylines/situations where she is completely worthless and in a storyline where she would actually fit she's nowhere to be found.

Exactly ,canary . I also  suggested that Ali should have been a surrogate for Eric and Nicole . We could have seen Lucas ,Kate and Sami team up to make sure the surrogacy never happen because of their respective history with Nicole.

And Roman could have been the only one supporting Eric and Nicole because "its about damn time I had a grandchild bearing  the Brady surname ".

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I imagine there was a chorus of us doing it all at the same time 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Those were my exact words, shouted at the television with such irritation and volume that someone had to ask me to please be quiet, LOL.

This was me when Hope grabbed Ben and told him to shut up 😂 I'm awful. I know what they were going for with that scene but I loved it way too much because at that point he was so damn annoying I was yelling to shut up. Bo would have told him to shut up AND beat the crap out of him.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Apparently that's one of the benefits of pretending to be a lawyer and representing yourself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

But the judge railed at Sami for it too. The Wednesday ep was all about how the judge just can't stand Sami.

AZ is doing a great job of making all this pious Nicole stuff seem fake as hell. Unless the intention is for it to come off real, in which case she is terrible lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ciara is not around, so she most likely somehow got away.

I’m betting Vincent has her so he can get more stock footage of her for his iPad, since the first round of brainwashing didn’t quite take. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So, I loved Ben's trying to lay a guilt-trip on Eve but Eve threw it back in his face, saying that she hoped Ciara was alive for Hope's sake, not for his.  Eve is never going to forgive him and she's never not going to hate him.  Sucks doesn't it?  Yet again, I thought KA's Hope was the star in her scenes with Ben--he has a tendency to over-act but I do appreciate that he's trying.

Will and Sonny got two very emotional good bye scenes with Chad and Gabi and I especially love that Gabi realized that she not only had to let Ari live with her dads but that she had to tell them the truth about the danger the Hernandez family are in.  Gabi's scene with Jake was extremely brutal though but again, Gabi did what she had to do to save the people she cares about. 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 12

Ben keeps saying he would never hurt Ciara, so I guess he blacked out when he forcefully pushed her into the bathroom on to the floor the other day? I'm pretty sure if a guy shoved me like that I'd be hurting.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Can we talk about screen time for a moment here? Did anybody care whatsoever about the fact that Gwen and Jake's relationship was ending? I didn't. In fact, it probably should have ended weeks ago...since she was apparently in the Mental Health institution to keep away from him, a detail the writers introduced and promptly forgot. We now have a bunch of characters leaving town all at the same time abruptly, and yet Gwen seems to be in about half of the episode sitting on that stupid bed and blathering on about one of the least important relationships that's ever existed on this show. PRIORITIES.

Who exactly are these people Eduardo is so frightened about? How do we know they have the resources to track down all the members of his family and kill them, much less the interest? (oh, just tell them about Rafe and I bet they'll back off) How is Eduardo going to have the resources to hide his whole family? Gabi has DiMera Enterprises and Li somewhat on her side and could probably transfer to Hong Kong if she really needed to get out of dodge. Rafe meanwhile is a Police Commissioner! He's surrounded by, admittedly inept, police officers all day everyday. Is he really going to be safer in some cabin in the woods in Mexico? I don't think so. Moreover Gabi through Will and Sonny has access to Victor and the Titan jet and all of the resources of Titan. Don't tell me for a second that Eduardo can do better than Victor Kiriakis and his billions of dollars. That's laughable.

Camilla was the MVP today in my eyes. I don't particularly like what I'm hearing about her politics, but her acting today was terrific and made the case for her as an essential part of this cast. I haven't enjoyed the stories Gabi's been in for a while, but dang she knows how to play all the dimensions of this character to a T. She even makes Chandler and Freddie better.

Are you seriously telling me they couldn't cough up the money to get the little girl who plays Arianna to have a goodbye scene with her mother? I realize those kinds of scenes are tough for child actors, but seeing Gabi looking at a picture and crying has gotten so old.

I feel really badly for the actor who plays Eduardo because he has been useless in this return. I had hoped they would bring him back at some point just because the actor is not terrible and they left things so open-ended with the character, but him standing there and saying "we have to go right now" isn't very compelling or sympathetic.

I wonder if Chad's line about Salem not being the same without Will and Sonny was something written into the script or improvised. I wouldn't be surprised if Ron, a gay man who brought Will back to the show, would have written that in as a way of telling the audience that he believes in the characters even if the producers don't. On the other hand, Billy has always been affectionate with his co-stars and that may have simply been his improvised way of acknowledging their importance on the show.

• Love 6
On 8/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, brisbydog said:

Why would they not call in Xander to back up Sami's story? Not just cause I miss him, but wouldn't it make sense?

I really hate Smug Nicole and Eric. They should have whipped out the bible, wonder if he still would have lied?

On 8/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

So I officially hate Eric and Nicole and not because I'm Team Sami, but rather Nicole and Eric are so completely obnoxious together, especially when he turns to Sami and spitefully asks her who's waiting for her at home.  

On 8/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, brisbydog said:

17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Yes, they've turned Eric in to a complete asshole just for the sake of this stupid story line.  If he hadn't been so stupid, he could have said that he couldn't remember anything about the time after Nicole "died."  They could have then have had him say that this whole thing was tearing his family apart and he and Nicole were withdrawing their petition for custody (thereby forcing Nicole in to giving up as well.)  Justin smugly telling Sami she should have asked for a continuance (even though THEY admitted they weren't going to stop - thereby forcing Sami to give them the baby) after both Nicole and Eric committed perjury like they had some sort of moral high ground was ridiculous.  While I understand why he would stick up for Nicole, Eric should not be a party to "rewarding" her by letting her "win" over Sami.  And him acting like somehow SAMI was immoral for bringing up the murder was just stupid (OOOOOH, how COULD she betray is confidence like that?  Isn't she just awful!).  Nicole eavesdropped on Sami's conversation in a chapel, went running to Belle in an attempt to alienate her and basically backed Sami in to a corner and somehow, all that was A-OK with Eric.  Did they REALLY think she would simply roll over and play dead?

KA is doing a good job but I'm just so over all of this story line.

• Love 7

Ugh, Nibbles. Please locate some self-esteem. Pathetic is not a good look. 

What a craptacular send-off for Rafe (who I can't stand, but even he deserves better) and Gabi (who I do like). One call to Dario and they're all, sure I'll drop everything and run off to Mexico. Are the criminals after them geographically challenged and unable to find their way to Mexico? Did their passports expire? Are they on a no-travel list? Stupido!!

I also think A Martinez has been horrible.

• Love 13

I am starting to enjoy this Eric/Sami dispute. Sami should be furious with Eric for even considering to go after custody of her grandson. But this kind of crap happens in real families too, and the fall out is significant and long-lasting.  Sami fighting back makes perfect sense too.

I don't know if IRL a 21 year old single mother can just decide who she wants to raise her child. If she is giving that child up for adoption one would think that the courts or child services or someone would have to vet the adoptive parents.  And in that case, Nicole should be denied automatically based on kidnapping Sidney, alone, but also when she went on the run with Holly to that weird cabin.  And countless other crimes.

Sami would not be a good candidate either, but the idea that Allie's note is the determining factor is crazy.

But Eric is the  most in the wrong here because he should not be supporting Nicole in this when she is clearly doing it for the wrong reasons. And he knows that because she has essentially said so.

Nicole is also kind of stupid to allow herself to become vulnerable in a legal proceeding. She knows she has this big secret, so why even risk all of this?

• Love 11

I think the show dropped the ball on exploring Gabi/Eduardo's relationship. Would explain her abandonment issues, issues with men etc.  However the show has no interest in giving Gabi depth and only see her as eye candy.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think the show dropped the ball on exploring Gabi/Eduardo's relationship. Would explain her abandonment issues, issues with men etc.  However the show has no interest in giving Gabi depth and only see her as eye candy.

The show missed an opportunity in not exploring Eve/Eduardo. How did they meet and fall in love, how did Shane react given what we know about Eduardo.  It would have been bittersweet to see Eve and Eduardo fall in love all over again as they mourn Paige.. In general, couples tend to break up when a child dies because the grief is so overwhelming...

Eve telling Eduardo about their daughter getting into college just broke me, I  was crying with Eve and it is something a parent would do,  to talk about your kid's accomplishment with pride and love. Damn you Ron for making Paige's killer a romantic hero..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 10

So some mystery mob folks are after the Hernandez family? Why? Why the need to go to Mexico? The US wouldn't put them in to witness protection or something? The mob can't find them in Mexico? Gabi could go to Victor's Greek home for a month or two. No one would find them there. Crappy sendoff for Rafe - not knowing when he will be back. Surely the Mayor has to appoint an Acting Commissioner.

Gwen looked a bit pathetic. She has no reason to stay at the mansion any more. She also appears to have no job or way to support herself.

Gabi must have changed her lingerie because unless she could snap up the back, the T-strap back would not accommodate it.

Nice to see the 3 amigos have a farewell - at least the friends are friends.

The cops should take Ben to a hospital and do a tox screen on him to see what sort of drugs are in his system. Did feel badly for Hope in that she could lose a second child.

• Love 7

Did this really happen 

Gwen is getting ready for a night out in room and Gabi and Jake are sexing it up in the next room ?   How long did it take Gwen to put that dress on ? 

• LOL 2
On 8/27/2020 at 11:39 PM, boes said:

If the criminals that Eduardo pissed off, the ones who want to kill him and his family end up with Gabi, they'll immediately surrender just to get away from the screeching.

ransom of Red Chief

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

While I understand why he would stick up for Nicole, Eric should not be a party to "rewarding" her by letting her "win" over Sami.  And him acting like somehow SAMI was immoral for bringing up the murder was just stupid (OOOOOH, how COULD she betray is confidence like that?  Isn't she just awful!).  Nicole eavesdropped on Sami's conversation in a chapel, went running to Belle in an attempt to alienate her and basically backed Sami in to a corner and somehow, all that was A-OK with Eric.  Did they REALLY think she would simply roll over and play dead?

Telling the judge that Nicole is a murderer could have potentially set Nicole up going on trial for murder, at least in the crazy Salem world where real world logic doesn't exactly apply. I have no idea whether or not anything will come of Sami's declarations regarding Deimos, but I suspect it's probably going to get really ugly. Eric has every right to tell his sister to go to hell after trying to send the woman he thought was dead and only just got back and married to prison. Sami's life will not be ruined by Eric looking after this baby for the moment. Nicole's life however will be ruined by going to jail for murder (in theory anyway). It was a huge escalation. Sami literally went from not wanting Nicole have custody of the baby, to wanting Nicole in jail for murdering Deimos. DANG.

But yes...this is all *so very stupid* and unrealistic and pointless.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lb60 said:

What a craptacular send-off for Rafe (who I can't stand, but even he deserves better) and Gabi (who I do like). One call to Dario and they're all, sure I'll drop everything and run off to Mexico. Are the criminals after them geographically challenged and unable to find their way to Mexico? Did their passports expire? Are they on a no-travel list? Stupido!!

I also think A Martinez has been horrible.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

A Martinez was given a stinker of a character. I don't even remember all the details about how he was introduced, but wasn't he sleeping with Kate and then helping John with Daddy Ding Dong because they both went to the same assassin elementary school or whatever and then wasn't he trying to get back with Rafe's mom, and then driving the prison van that overturned and allowed Orpheus Xander and Clyde Weston to escape? What the hell would you make of all that if you were an actor?

Is he supposed to be a reformed assassin, or a decorated hero who carried out missions but now wants a peaceful life? A criminal who can't be trusted? A sexy bad-boy? And over-the-hill pain in the ass? A loving father who basically never sees his children?

I felt badly for him. Again, the El Fideo exit Theresa got made little sense, but was better than this. She got almost two weeks to exit, they got...two episodes?

They could have spared us Eduardo all together, have Gabi leave for Hong Kong in the wake of her confusing newfound intimacy with Jake....or just to get to know Li better and cement her place in the company. Rafe could have been called away to help Dario offscreen or killed by Vincent.

There were better options.

• Love 6

I just watched the last week's worth of episodes and a few thoughts:

While it was sweet of Jack to go sit with Steve as he sat vigil over John, I thought the awkwardness between them was strange. Was it really necessary for Jack to act insecure about his place in Steve's life and for Steve to reassure him that he is his brother?? These men are in their 60's and I feel like they've worked through this issue already. The last few scenes (albeit, months ago) between them was Jack needling and encouraging Steve to go after Kayla, and Steve acting playfully exasperated with him. While I still love the chemistry between MA and SN, I feel like that hospital scene would have been better in 1990 rather than now. 

Man, I thought Will & Sonny's exit storyline was abrupt and terribly written, but it is being outdone by Rafe's & Gabi's exit. Firstly, Will & Sonny were being mighty presumptuous thinking that Ari would live with them most of the year and stay with Gabi only for the summer. Unless they have primary custody, why wouldn't she live with her mother most of the year and visit them? I don't even like Gabi, but I was completely on her side. But of course this brewing custody issue became a big non-issue because, surprise!, now Gabi's got to leave town because her father's enemies are after her. The writer's had to have had some warning about the various actors' exits, and this crap is the best they could come up with? I swear it seems like fanfiction written by a 13 year old. I got secondhand embarrassment  watching the actors play out these multiple horrid stories. 

I was kinda liking the rekindling flame between Hope and Rafe and now that becomes a big nothing burger with Rafe leaving. Seriously, the police commissioner agrees to leave the country because some goons made some threats against his life. Suddenly this cop, with all his connections & resources & experience, is apparently incapable of protecting himself. Utter bullshit.

I've been mostly "meh" on Hope since I started watching again, but the scenes of her begging Eve to tell her where Ciara & Ben were and when she revealed how much she still hurts over the loss of Zach were really great. And I was equally moved by her fear & desperation when she found Ben but no sign of Ciara. Hope's already lost Zach and Bo, and if she were to lose Ciara I think that would finally break her. Thinking about it, of all the 1980's heroines (Hope, Kayla, Marlena, Jennifer) still on the show, Hope seems to have lost and suffered the most.

I am so disappointed in Ciara. She is the daughter of Bo & Hope who were/are cops and who had multiple adventures and fought off countless bad guys, but all she can do while her husband is trying to kill her is cower and cry. She had zero fight in her. I can understand if she was initially in shock when Ben revealed just how crazy he was, but she had plenty of time in the bathroom to get herself to together and come up with a plan to defend herself (use the toilet tank lid!). Instead she played damsel in distress and sat in the shower stall waiting for Ben to kill her. Absolutely disappointing & pathetic. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The show missed an opportunity in not exploring Eve/Eduardo. How did they meet and fall in love, how did Shane react given what we know about Eduardo.  It would have been bittersweet to see Eve and Eduardo fall in love all over again as they mourn Paige.. In general, couples tend to break up when a child dies because the grief is so overwhelming...

Eve telling Eduardo about their daughter getting into college just broke me, I  was crying with Eve and it is something a parent would do,  to talk about your kid's accomplishment with pride and love. Damn you Ron for making Paige's killer a romantic hero..

I would've gone for this as well tbh would've beat the terrible stories Eve got post Paige's death.  Also JJ/Gabi were dating around this time I would've liked to seen Eduardo's reaction to JJ/Eve's affair and now JJ is moving onto his other daughter.... would've made some good family drama.

I will never understand Days or soaps in general not writing the most obvious story... not everything has to be contrived.

@DisneyBoy Eduardo/Kate never slept together(surprising as it was he left before anything happened between them)

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would've gone for this as well tbh would've beat the terrible stories Eve got post Paige's death.  Also JJ/Gabi were dating around this time I would've liked to seen Eduardo's reaction to JJ/Eve's affair and now JJ is moving onto his other daughter.... would've made some good family drama.

I will never understand Days or soaps in general not writing the most obvious story... not everything has to be contrived.

@DisneyBoy Eduardo/Kate never slept together(surprising as it was he left before anything happened between them)

I also thought the Kate/Eve friendship that Josh Griffith was cultivating had so much potential to be awesome. It is so rare to see women being friends and supporting each other these days.  Ron just writes women as being screaming banshees, it is just exhausting at times..

• Love 3