Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Lani, you must have some pretty good medical insurance to keep going to the hospital and taking up valuable space - for nothing. Do you not have your own doctor and not have poor Sarah on-call? We have a health helpline here where you call and you can talk to a nurse or something and that person recommends that you go to the hospital. You are abusing valuable hospital resources.

Eli's beard got longer?

I thought John was right when he was talking to Sami just before he collapsed. He was a father to her and she was just spouting nonsense about mainly herself. He mentioned the baby daddy - that person does have a say. No idea why Sami got to take the kid home. She is ill-prepared to look after it, she has no fixed address (staying with her mom), doesn't have baby furniture, a bed, diapers, anything. Why wasn't social services and a court-appointed foster parent involved? Yeah, this is Salem.

Hope sure is looking for evidence in the park - do they think Eve could have dropped a hair from her wig?

Xander was so hopeful about being made CEO. I still have zero idea of what Titan does exactly. And just as soon as he has Uncle Vic's permission, in comes Philip. He can use a bit of a haircut, but maybe that will happen. He just walks in the door? No one has changed the locks lately? No gate at the entrance or Henderson or whoever?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

So far the main thing I'm taking away from this week's episodes is that things would be so much more interesting (to me anyway) if Marlena would just admit that she hates Sami. She knows that Sami has a legitimate reason (Sydney) to want Nicole to stay far away from her grandson yet she's Team Nicole...(and sometimes Eric). If they were just up front about Marlena hating Sami then this would make sense because of course she wouldn't think it was a big deal that Nicole kidnapped Sami's daughter for a year.

I am one of the few Marlena fans on here and for the first time I saw what the Sami fans have been saying for years, she has no feelings whatsoever for Sami..  She sees her as an obligation, someone to tolerate because it is expected of her.. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Phillip had such a smarmy expression as her entered Victor's throne room.  This might be interesting?

I am just so happy that Philip is back. Kate and Victor's only son should be a force to be reckon with.. I am just continually amazed on how the show continues to shit on their legacy characters like Philip and all of the others.. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Phillip has greasy hair. It’s too long and & slick. It’s not a good look.

Not a good look. Reminded me of the phase Sonny went through a few years back with the slicked back Mafia look.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I fast forwarded this entire ep lol. I just couldn't deal with any of that shit today.

I did rewind when I noticed Phillip showed up. He looks like shit lol. He just looks so unwashed to me. I just hope he isn't as disinterested and terrible as he was in the web series.

Come on ,he was just rusty . He hasnt been acting for like 4 years until recently. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am just so happy that Philip is back. Kate and Victor's only son should be a force to be reckon with.. I am just continually amazed on how the show continues to shit on their legacy characters like Philip and all of the others.. 

Well ,the late Hogan sheffer wanted to depict Philip as the new Kiriakis to fear and he certainly did that when he chased after belle and shawn all over the world and feuding with John Black-DiMera and Tony diMera. Then under Mar Dar and Dena Higley ,Philip was reduced to a chump . Totally undoing Hogan Sheffer's vision for the character. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I am one of the few Marlena fans on here and for the first time I saw what the Sami fans have been saying for years, she has no feelings whatsoever for Sami..  She sees her as an obligation, someone to tolerate because it is expected of her.. 

I don't think it's that Marlena doesn't have feelings for Sami, it's more like she's epically annoyed at everything Sami does, thinks and says--pretty much Marlena is done with Sami existing and now she has the gall to drag Belle into her mess and poor Eric, having to put up with such an exhausting human being.  When Marlena learns John collapsed because Sami and John were arguing?  Well I hope Sami has plans for an alternate place to stay...

Seriously, Marlena couldn't be more obvious that she favors Belle and Eric over Sami, it's actually kind of embarrassing.

Phillip does seem smarmy but it might work for this version of the character.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

Come on ,he was just rusty . He hasnt been acting for like 4 years until recently. 

Because some prefer to be self-styled fashion experts in the strictest sense lol. Anyway, Jay has been out of acting business for a long while and taking care of his father's farm in Missouri for some years. So it explains why he looks somewhat different from the perfect city-boy businessman. 

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

So happy to see Philip back.  Not counting that terrible recast, when's the last time he was in Salem?

I thought Philip has one artificial leg due to serving in Iraq? Afghanistan? I have no experience with people who have lost a leg, but would they walk with a limp wearing an artificial leg?  

• Love 2

Can I just say, I really enjoyed the way Nicole repeated Sami's words and micked her to her face yesterday. It was such a brief little moment but Ari Zucker did a nice job of it. Sami was sounding petulant and it made perfect sense for Nicole to react that way.

The over-the-top drama of John collapsing while Sami says that he's not anything to that baby - 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Why does it seem like Ron came back from the hiatus with a bunch of scripts that turned everybody's penchant for making mountains out of molehills up to 11?

No, Eric, Sami is not "destroying everyone's lives". No, Sami, John actually DOES have a say when it involves his entire family. No Sonny, Will hasn't done something that could ruin your marriage forever.

Calm down you idiots! All of you!

Days of our Karens

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I thought Philip has one artificial leg due to serving in Iraq? Afghanistan? I have no experience with people who have lost a leg, but would they walk with a limp wearing an artificial leg? 

He did lose a leg, but when John Paul L was playing the part last time, they never acknowledged it. We even saw him in bedroom scenes in his underwear without any reference made to the artificial leg being there in bed with him. I don't remember ever fully seeing his legs, but I'm sure if we didn't, it wasn't because the producers were making a point of carefully hiding it. It just seems like they've forgotten or decided to overlook that entire plot line. I think it's too bad, because the show does not regularly feature handi-capable characters. Phillip could still be formidable and sexy and have an artificial leg. The issue is money. Are they really going to go out of their way to bring in somebody else for close-up shots of his amputated leg with the prosthesis? And then they'd have to fashion something for the actor to wear that suggests there's a fake leg there. When he appeared in the Last Blast Reunion digital series, there was no indication of I'm having a false leg or limp so.....yeah.

Like Jack's internal organs, I guess it grew back?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Days: John is a real life James Bond beating down doors, punching out bad guys, and not fazed by kidnapping or bombs. 

Also, Days: John collapses and almost dies at some light criticism from his daughter in law. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2997fe4ad6cd251cc79c

• LOL 9
45 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

He did lose a leg, but when John Paul L was playing the part last time, they never acknowledged it. We even saw him in bedroom scenes in his underwear without any reference made to the artificial leg being there in bed with him. I don't remember ever fully seeing his legs, but I'm sure if we didn't, it wasn't because the producers were making a point of carefully hiding it. It just seems like they've forgotten or decided to overlook that entire plot line.

Rolf grew his leg back.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

He did lose a leg, but when John Paul L was playing the part last time, they never acknowledged it. We even saw him in bedroom scenes in his underwear without any reference made to the artificial leg being there in bed with him. I don't remember ever fully seeing his legs, but I'm sure if we didn't, it wasn't because the producers were making a point of carefully hiding it. It just seems like they've forgotten or decided to overlook that entire plot line. I think it's too bad, because the show does not regularly feature handi-capable characters. Phillip could still be formidable and sexy and have an artificial leg. The issue is money. Are they really going to go out of their way to bring in somebody else for close-up shots of his amputated leg with the prosthesis? And then they'd have to fashion something for the actor to wear that suggests there's a fake leg there. When he appeared in the Last Blast Reunion digital series, there was no indication of I'm having a false leg or limp so.....yeah.

Like Jack's internal organs, I guess it grew back?

After Jay came back to the role a few years ago, he would incorporate a limp but the producers told him they would not acknowledge Philip's handicap that occurred during another recast's storyline.. Jay is the only Philip for me and the awful recasts added nothing to the role..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

She knows that Sami has a legitimate reason (Sydney) to want Nicole to stay far away from her grandson yet she's Team Nicole...(and sometimes Eric). If they were just up front about Marlena hating Sami then this would make sense because of course she wouldn't think it was a big deal that Nicole kidnapped Sami's daughter for a year.

Marlena doesn't hate Sami. She's definitely currently annoyed by her current actions which is a perfectly valid response to Sami and all of her drama. Marlena has actually defended Sami. Someone said earlier that no one has taken Allie to task for her immaturity, but that's not true. Marlena had a great talk with Allie after Nicole and Eric's wedding and told Allie that she is as much to blame for the problems between her and her mother.

I think Marlena is mostly Team Allie. Sami has a very legitimate reason to hate Nicole but her feelings on the child's placement mean squat since she isn't one of the parents. Allie made her wishes clear. Yes, she was an idiot for abandoning the baby without an actual legal binding document, but her and the unnamed baby's unnamed father are the people with the only real legal standing to say what happens to the baby.

I get Sami holding a grudge against Nicole what she did was heinous. Then again, Sami married her rapist and the man who set her up to be raped by her husband's double so the things she finds unforgivable are kind of up in the air. 

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Rolf grew his leg back.

He is a mad scientist after all 🙂  

I today's episode, we got to see Phillip treating Xander with thinly veiled disdain while Victor did nothing to defend him.  If Victor takes the CEO job away from Xander again, I hope he quits Titan altogether and goes to work for Dimera--I'd be so tired of Vic holding the CEO job out as some sort of unattainable Holy Grail.

I do like Belle and Shawn together, but let's not kid our selves--Phillip was not the only man that came between them.  Didn't Belle have an affair while they were living in Maine?  Something about Shawn's working too much and not paying enough attention to her? 

So Sonny's brothers now live in Phoenix and they needed to get funding in order to get their company off the ground--why didn't they just ask their Uncle Vic?

I loved Sami's reaction to John's dropping to the ground--she starts crying over him and moving his head, instead of calling for help. Brilliant!

• Love 6

"I would rather be with an imperfect man, than alone and miserable" What a horrible horrible horrible way to think. Those are not the only two options. Also, I don't like that Sarah is trying to create a Xander that does not exist. He can be kind but he will also go low to get what he wants and is a hard criminal.

Xander and Phil look alike from certain angles. I liked their scenes. Ya know, I thought I could handle another CEO battle but now that my baby Phil is demanding the position, I  don't think I can deal. But they are both good looking so I will try. When Maggie said Victor thinks the world of his son, I thought she was going to end with "but he has comes to love and respect you too" but she didn't 😆🤣

I want Gabi to turn down Wilsons deal just because Sonny seemed to make this Ari arrangement before even talking to the other parents, just fingers crossed that Gabi agrees.

😡😡 With Sami calling the argument a "talk" it feels like they are once again trying to make a big deal out of something Sami does. When the truth comes out they will act like Sami is at fault and not some underlying issue. I hope i am wrong but this is really shaping up to be an everyone against the evil Sami story. I want her to just take the baby and go back to Italy. Her and baby daddy can fight it out off screen.

What does everyone mean by compromise? Do they want Sami and Nicole to share custody? Give the baby to an orphanage? I really just want someone to come out and say their compromise plan. Because giving the baby to Ericole is not a compromise.

They can tease Phil/Belle for a day or two but I want them to quickly move on. they have rang that rag dry

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

What does everyone mean by compromise? Do they want Sami and Nicole to share custody? Give the baby to an orphanage? I really just want someone to come out and say their compromise plan. Because giving the baby to Ericole is not a compromise.

They want Sami to compromise which means let Nicole (and Eric) to adopt the baby and keep her snarky remarks to herself.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

"I would rather be with an imperfect man, than alone and miserable" What a horrible horrible horrible way to think. Those are not the only two options.

Well, if you take the miserable part off they are the only two choices.  Because all men (and women) are imperfect.

• Love 2

The more I think about this storyline, the more Allie comes out the shittiest person in this story, even more than Sami. It's still ultimately Allie's (and the baby's father) decision about where the baby ends up. Despite Sami and Nicole's long-standing animosity, if Allie wants Nicole and Eric to raise the baby, Sami has no say.

Still, Allie has turned this whole thing into a clusterfuck. It's bad enough she just left the hospital with some note thinking that would magically solve everything. She already knows her mother and knew it would be a fight, but she got confirmation of that when she skulked around Nicole and Eric's place looking for her passport. She knew Sami would turn it into a long drawn out fight. So, instead of skulking around town so more and finding a lawyer - even if the lawyer was Justin - and coming up with something more legally binding, she smugly says that Sami will fight but so will Nicole. It didn't have to be a fight! 

She already wrote the note without even consulting Nicole and Eric about whether they wanted to parent her child, but now she's setting them up for an unnecessary fight. A fight that's not just between Nicole and Sami but Eric now going up against his TWIN SISTER. She didn't bother to consider the infighting between the family she would cause. She just flounced out of there leaving everyone else to deal with her problem. And the immature twat hasn't bothered to check in on her kid or to find out the mayhem she caused - or what she could do to fix it. What an awesome gal.

What a way to introduce a legacy character so many wanted to see. 

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She already wrote the note without even consulting Nicole and Eric about whether they wanted to parent her child, but now she's setting them up for an unnecessary fight. A fight that's not just between Nicole and Sami but Eric now going up against his TWIN SISTER. She didn't bother to consider the infighting between the family she would cause. She just flounced out of there leaving everyone else to deal with her problem. And the immature twat hasn't bothered to check in on her kid or to find out the mayhem she caused - or what she could do to fix it. What an awesome gal.

Sami is texting her pictures of the baby, so she should have some clue that Sami has contact with the baby. 

Maybe Allie blocked her mom's number but actually who paying for Allie's cellphone and why hasn't anyone tracked her when she uses it. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Well, if you take the miserable part off they are the only two choices.  Because all men (and women) are imperfect.

If she was talking about a John, or Shawn, sure. But in relation to Xander it doesn't fly. Xander's imperfections are murder, attempted murder, kidnapping and whatever else Victor/Deimos/Kristan had him doing. Same for Victor but I have given up with Maggie. I like him, I just need them to stop acting like Xander is just a misunderstood guy with a heart of gold.

She could also just be alone and happy.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

If she was talking about a John, or Shawn, sure. But in relation to Xander it doesn't fly. Xander's imperfections are murder, attempted murder, kidnapping and whatever else Victor/Deimos/Kristan had him doing. Same for Victor but I have given up with Maggie. I like him, I just need them to stop acting like Xander is just a misunderstood guy with a heart of gold.

I know.  I would use a different adjective to describe Xander  (and most of the people on the show) besides "imperfect."  Imperfect would be a better description for Lucas or Justin.  You need something stronger for Xander, Ben, and EJ and others.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Still, Allie has turned this whole thing into a clusterfuck. It's bad enough she just left the hospital with some note thinking that would magically solve everything. She already knows her mother and knew it would be a fight, but she got confirmation of that when she skulked around Nicole and Eric's place looking for her passport. She knew Sami would turn it into a long drawn out fight. So, instead of skulking around town so more and finding a lawyer - even if the lawyer was Justin - and coming up with something more legally binding, she smugly says that Sami will fight but so will Nicole. It didn't have to be a fight! 

This is why I stopped liking the character. This show has been so busy trying to write Sami as the bad guy and Ericole as the loving understanding relatives that it didn't take time to think what it does to Allie and everyone else. She heard her mother say that she was not going to let Nicole have the baby and she left town anyways. She did not care what was best for that child enough to consult her own aunt or any other lawyer, but "it's what Allie wants" is supposed to be important. She clearly is not mature enough to know what is best for anyone. If she had actually signed adoption papers and Sami pulled this then I would be against Sami. But she just threw that kid at anyone not named Sami or Lucas.

She does not care about her father, the rights of the child's father, what could happen to whoever illegally adopted the baby when the father comes around and what would come of Sami and her family when she slithered into town and made Sami's family swear to lie to her.

It really annoyed me that Eric found out that his SISTER had not seem or heard from her daughter in months. Did not know if she was ok and he still decided to keep his mouth shut because "it was best for Allie" and "Sami is so controlling and overbearing". Allie is her CHILD. Neither of them would be ok if this was Holly.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Is CEO the only job at Titan? Why can't both of them work there? 

CEO and CEO wannabe, with a shared fluffer.  I think that's pretty much it for the executive team at Titan.   DiMera Jiffy Lube and International Products is pretty much the same.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Not Eric.  He's perfect.  Just ask him.  

Come to think of it, so is Ben.

• LOL 7

That was strange.  The show has been on a tear lately with starting the episode in flashback mode or by repeating the end of the previous show at the beginning of the current show.   But today with Sami and John, I'm pretty sure they showed a completely different take.  Was there a pen yesterday?  I also think she had her back to him for a while when he first had his neck issue.

Marlena's reaction when walked in cracked me up.  It really felt like an acting moment.  She had barely gotten in when she started ripping off her jacket and purse and collapsing next to John.  The reason I call it an acting moment is because she didn't even take a moment to process what happened before she went into motion.  It's like she knew what she'd find.

6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Phillip does seem smarmy but it might work for this version of the character.

Yeah.  I missed the Philip, Belle and Sean D era so I don't have strong opinions but his look is smarmy.  But as a rival to Xander, I do think it could be an interesting dynamic. 

• Love 3

JKJ used to be a good looking guy. But he has the worst case of resting bitch face I've seen in a long time. Not a good look on him.

And that suit makes him look like a 10-year old wearing an adult man's suit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The more I think about this storyline, the more Allie comes out the shittiest person in this story, even more than Sami. It's still ultimately Allie's (and the baby's father) decision about where the baby ends up. Despite Sami and Nicole's long-standing animosity, if Allie wants Nicole and Eric to raise the baby, Sami has no say.

What a way to introduce a legacy character so many wanted to see. 

Exactly!  This story could've avoided making Allie so unlikable if she'd been a 16 year old girl rather than a 22 year old woman.  I could reasonably believe that a 16 year old girl would have overlooked all of the trouble that her decision may cause; but I would expect for a 22 year old to have at least a little bit more sense. Plus, I think that it's lazy writing to constantly go back to the Big Bad Sami well all of the time.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Sami does not think to call 911 when someone collapses and isn't breathing, doesn't start any kind of resuscitation efforts. and has to be told to dial 911.

Sure, she should totally be the caretaker for a newborn.

Sami was in shock. As for taking care of a newborn, she raised four children to adulthood as the primary custodial parent which included three children with only 2 years apart in age.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Sami was in shock. As for taking care of a newborn, she raised four children to adulthood as the primary custodial parent which included three children with only 2 years apart in age.

My comment was partially tongue in cheek. And Sami's success raising those children is questionable (see: Allie). 😉

4 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

Xander and Phil look alike from certain angles. 

It's the unwashed, in-desperate-need-of-a-cut hair lol.

I actually enjoyed Phillip today. JKJ seemed much more interested than he did on the web series. He had some great lines, too.

I legitimately can't remember anything else. I might have fast forwarded the rest lol.

• Love 2

I've only been watching Days for about 10 yrs., so I know little of Phillip's character.  I THINK when I began watching, there was a bit with him believing he was the father of Chloe's baby.  And then he was gone for a while.  I don't remember the storyline when he returned a few yrs. later, with another actor in the role.   But so far, I don't like him.   Maybe I'm not supposed to.    He's seems far to swarmy to be Victor's son.  Cannot deny that Xander has done some terrible things, but there's a charm to him.  I see no charm in Phillip.    After all Xander did to support Victor's latest scheme with the baby switch, of course, Victor will make his son CEO.   The writing is so predictable.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually enjoyed Phillip today. JKJ seemed much more interested than he did on the web series. He had some great lines, too.

I legitimately can't remember anything else. I might have fast forwarded the rest lol.

Did the women of Salem take up all the appointments at the Salem Hair Salon, leaving no room for the men?

Edited by RunningMarket
  • LOL 5
24 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

There is nothing wrong with being rugged though, it can be sexy.. I know some on here have called Philip smarmy but I think he looks fine. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ron totally recycled the Victor “I’ll do anything to get back in your good graces” response “Then give me the CEO position” lines from him and Brady to him and Phillip. 😖

Also as an OG Belle, Phillip, Shawn Stan Phillip isn’t a threat to Shelle. Phillip’s true love was Chloe. Also also I could see Phillip and Xander becoming friends at some point because they both hate Brady, have problematic mothers, and chronic issues of problems of falling for women that never seem to find them good enough. I want to see them connect on that level and start some fuckshit with Brady and Chad who are both idiots. LOL.  Fuck up DiMera and X out Brady in the process my dudes. 

@sas616 Phillip was a bit iconic there were huge ship wars of Broe vs Phloe and Phillip had a pivotal scene of chopping down a tree with his and Chloe’s initials carved in it out of angst. Classic!  He was for years mainly known as being a rival w Brady. He was an entitled douche (who is still liked) then but now Brady is my how the worm has turned. 

I like Sarah and LG a lot since her B&B era. But she’s been working my nerves a while now. The baby talk and twee behavior needs to exit. 

I like seeing Judi Evans back and smiling on my screen but of course Ron has make her Bonnie because he only likes crazy or weird women. Don’t believe me. Look at Kristen, Gwen, Gabi, Abby, Lani ect. 

Allie’s baby lottery can end anytime now. It’s a child not old LV Neverfull that you surprise people with as a re-gift. 

I know Sami was trying to comfort John and bring him back to life but “of course you’re part of my family. The most important part. Our rock.” 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f294ve0jvyi0b8bmy3vw5

How Sway?

Marlena’s been cold AF to Sami and more judgy of her than the ab model serial killer but if I’m honest she’s been a bitch on roller skates (or Rockport loafers) a while now. She shaded the FCK out of Lani and blabbed immediately when she left Eli at the alter and said some other gossipy and subtle snark to other women I clocked last year. I wish I remember the examples but it was passive aggressive and random unearned shade the way an old aunty or neighbor slides in. 

I’m supposed to believe Sonny. Who sits around his grandpa’s mansion in suits all day for years and literally talks about nothing or reacts passively to anything around him, who is super close to his husband, never once mentioned or gave a hint he was founding a company in his mother’s honor to his dear partner or father who he’s extremely close to. Not only that but one that’s in the process of finding a cure for cancer?! And he has a grandfather who is a billionaire and husband who helps run a newspaper so could help promote the organization and elicit donations but simply never thought it would be helpful to clue them in. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

John knows it too and that is reason the went after Sami so vicious.

• Love 3

I swear, if Sami has some grand epiphany because of John's brain explosion and decides that Sydneynapper Nicole can raise baby boy Horton after all, I will

screaming ilana glazer GIF by Broad City!!!!!

5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I loved Sami's reaction to John's dropping to the ground--she starts crying over him and moving his head, instead of calling for help. Brilliant!

Sami: "Blah, blah, whatever should I do?"

Me: "Well, there is this thing called 911."

<eye roll>

5 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

I hope i am wrong but this is really shaping up to be an everyone against the evil Sami story. 

Which is one of the big reasons I hate this storyline. She's obviously far from perfect, lol, but let's beat up on Sami has gotten old.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I think the writing is in the wall. Philip is going to be the villain to “poor, put upon” Xander. It’s obvious Ron favors Xander.

Bleh. I’m gonna root for Philip anyway.

Well I'll take that over Phillip being a nice guy loser.

@Petunia13 I agree about Marlena such a passive aggressive bitch. When Hope came to apologize for what she did as Gina she was really cold to her yet is a lot warmer to Kate who has done way more damage to her and her family.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

My dad does. 

On another note... I never watched the web series (didn’t even realize it was a thing until it was already in progress), but have they referenced any events from there on the show? I’m really wondering if anything major happened with Phillip that could affect his storyline and return. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sas616 said:

I've only been watching Days for about 10 yrs., so I know little of Phillip's character.  I THINK when I began watching, there was a bit with him believing he was the father of Chloe's baby.  And then he was gone for a while.  I don't remember the storyline when he returned a few yrs. later, with another actor in the role.   But so far, I don't like him.   Maybe I'm not supposed to.    He's seems far to swarmy to be Victor's son.  Cannot deny that Xander has done some terrible things, but there's a charm to him.  I see no charm in Phillip.    After all Xander did to support Victor's latest scheme with the baby switch, of course, Victor will make his son CEO.   The writing is so predictable.  

For one thing, Jay's Philip is a chem magnet who was great with all his love interests, even including Melanie.

2 minutes ago, sweetautumn said:

For one thing, Jay's Philip is a chem magnet who was great with all his love interests, even including Melanie.

The Philip/Melanie romance is why Jay left the show. He absolutely hated the pairing. 

• Love 4

Me and Sami fans thinking the show is ending so manifesting her return to liven shit up ending Show on a high note w the rest of our faves.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f7hpy0n3kyxjj2f9wv

... then us realizing it’s only for her to be written as a constantly apologizing loser who’s propping shit characters and writing.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29vj07i8ihcv3o2cof82

@CanaryFan98 yes. Mar was cold AF to Hope even before she knew she was Gina just for hanging around John then after Hope apologized she fixed her mouth to say she wouldn’t accept her apology. But not long after said to KRISTEN of all people  “bygones are bygones and [her] apology accepted.” She also said rude remarks about Eve not forgiving Ben. 😂 whaaat?! And some weird shade about Gabi.  A gossipy quip about Chloe. And was aloof in a throwaway fluff scene to Jen awhile back like cut her off when speaking and made some face. It’s very subtle but she has no warmth or consistency at all anymore, for being the “pillar of the town” and “voice of reason.” Almost Julian. This is the head of psychology for the TOWN Folks, but as impartial and non judgmental as Cotton Mather. 

I like Phillip but only ever bought him in a ship w Chloe he sold the fuck out of that. You had to be there. 

I really miss Rex. He’s a really underrated character. I don’t want him w Sarah I just like this human version of a Golden Retriever who can laugh at himself and dispel drama with kindness and lack of ego. 

I haven’t commented on Elani twins or her angst but I smell a mental health crisis coming since Ron only likes women who are crazy, drinking like fish, or chasing penis. She’s gonna get postpartum psychosis or Munchasens or some fuckshit his writing and her acting can’t handle. 

Hope and Rafe 3.0 are super boring. I simply do not care but it’s a gag both of them are interested merely because they know they are each other’s only option when they and everyone know together they had as much excitement as lukewarm tap water, argued like idiots -often- and brought out their respective worst qualities. 

• Love 8