Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

think Sami said that Lucas was supposed to watch the baby and she just asked Will and Sonny to watch him until Lucas arrived. I guess Lucas arrived off-screen and then they left.

You're right -- I forgot about that! Whew! I thought it was looking bad for the little guy for a moment there.

For what it's worth, I was never persuaded by the "phoning it in" thing either, and Will and Sonny (though I do think something has changed in Smith's performance or manner of presentation over the years, and definitely think the writing for Sonny in particular has declined a lot) are the characters I care the most about. I think Sami has basically become an unworkable caricature of herself and I don't really feel any investment in Baby To Be Named Later Horton's eventual fate.

I think Gwen is awfully dull and Jake is ... there?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I don't really feel any investment in Baby To Be Named Later Horton's eventual fate.

Apparently, the kid's own grandfather (Lucas) doesn't care either.  They show Lucas being briefed by Justin but not even remotely involved in the hearing?  After fighting with Sami that she couldn't take the kid out of the country he now has no interest in who's going to raise him?  Then why did he care if Sami took him or not?   Maybe he knows this is all ridiculous and the kid's dad will show up anyway.

• Love 4

I had to turn off today's absolute dreck of an episode. The first Ciara dream was ridiculous - but I was feeling nauseous by the third. And now let's have Claire prop up the serial killer! (Excuse me, totally changed, reformed serial killer.)

Did Sami take lessons from Ciara on smugness? I have always enjoyed Sami as a character, but this ridiculous story line is working my last nerve.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Did Sami take lessons from Ciara on smugness?

Sami has been smug before Ciara was a twinkle in Bo and Hope's eyes.  But at least Sami has always been portrayed being questionably root-worthy and a more proactive character which helps mitigate the smugness.  Ciara doesn't have those benefits.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Sandman said:

Didn't they also promise to look after Baby To Be Named Later until Sami got back from the custody hearing? Pretty sure the two of them left him behind as they strolled out of Horton Square and into the sunset.

I know they were only temporary babysitters until Lucas got there, but what a perfect exit it would have been if Will and Sonny set Baby Plot Point free to wander in Horton Happy Land, ankle biting his way to freedom, livin' the good life in Salem's underbelly.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Awwww, look at Ciara, Bollie, and baby Bo (no to that times a thousand) living happily ever after.

gross gag GIF by Tacoma FD

Even if it was a dream.

I'm definitely team Sami, but smug is not a good look on her, either.

I really need the baby daddy to get his ass to Salem and put an end to all the nonsense.

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

As for a choice between Phillip and Xander, for me it amounts to choosing between Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Heinous; between Awful and Awfuller. 

I'm going to go with Tweedle-Heinous/Awfuller. :-)

Edited by lb60
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Sami is working my last nerve too. No need for Jan Spears to show up and talk about things that happened 20 years ago. Nicole hoping to kill Victor by putting a radio in the tub has nothing to do with the custody case. Just seems to be about Sami getting some bizarre revenge from folks who have stuck it to her in the past. And what about her own life antics? Where is Lucas to put an end to the nonsense and maybe stand up for himself? If I was the judge I'd be asking for the family member phone numbers and find one who isn't this ridiculous. Sami should not get automatic custody because she is the grandmother. Her daughter had no intention of wanting her mother to be the guardian. Yes, Allie is flaky, but the judge could see that the mom is not much better.

How convenient that Jan found Shawn and Belle at the hospital and yay, now she is rich and free from Shady Pines.

Ciara's dreams were a little weird. Marriage, baby Bo (I don't think so), and then the necktie in the present. And Vincent.

Doc couldn't even change out of that suit before going to the police station? She couldn't take a half hour to go home, have a shower, and change clothes first?

Shawn does not work for the Salem PD and should not have anything to do with criminal investigations. He'd have to get permission from his workplace to do, along with permission from the Salem PD. Yes, everyone wants answers but beating them out of a guy who has been brainwashed and mind-controlled? Not going to happen.

Of course Ben remembers struggling with Ciara, that she was not Capt. Obvious and clonked him on the head with the toilet lid cover, and that Vincent was in the dorm room.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No need for Jan Spears to show up and talk about things that happened 20 years ago. Nicole hoping to kill Victor by putting a radio in the tub has nothing to do with the custody case.

Actually, both of them have at least tried to murder someone, kidnapped a child, and switched paternity tests.  I don't think either one of them should even be eligible for custody of children not their own (and maybe not even their own).

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

So Vincent was the MVP is today's episode.  His reveal of being engaged to Wendy the midwife whose last name is apparently Taylor, was almost as fabulous as his "How can you live with yourself?" to Ciara.  And it's damn chilling that Wendy's not considered by the press to be  a victim of Ben's because he didn't use a neck tie to kill her--YIKES!!

I do love seeing Belle and Shawn's outrage at seeing Jan's walking around free but this is Salem, where violent people are often given a free pass.

I hate that Brady's back--now we will have another buffoon fighting to be Titan's next CEO.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 20
31 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So Vincent was the MVP is today's episode.  His reveal of being engaged to Wendy the midwife whose last name is apparently Taylor, was almost as fabulous as his "How can you live with yourself?" to Ciara.  And it's damn chilling that Wendy's not considered by the press to be  a victim of Ben's because he didn't use a neck tie to kill her--YIKES!!

Yeees I was coming here to post this! Wendy really has been the forgotten victim. And yes, chilling. Ben shot her point blank. So Vincent mentioning seeing the crime scene photos..dayum! I felt that. At least Ciara made an attempt at some fake sympathy rather than blubbering about how he changed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I laughed that Lucas is concerned that Sami broke Jan out of a mental hospital, and somehow that's worse than her bringing Ben to strangle Will?

Yes, poor Wendy gets remembered!

Marlena shutting Jan down in one sentence was gold.

Haven’t seen the show yet, but shouldn’t Justin or Eric have mentioned that to the hearing judge? A mother who asks the guy who killed her son only he wasn’t dead dead but was resuscitated by her husband’s family flunky, and then she asked the technically still a serial killer to strangle her resurrected son to get his memories back?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Marlena shutting Jan down in one sentence was gold.

It would have been more gold if she wasn't up Ben's ass lol.

And that's why I have a hard time feeling for the people mad about Jan. Like you all think Ben's just fine now so. And Claire too, Sami had a point there lol. Like you can't just selectively decide whether or not people can change. I mean, you can, but it makes you look like a hypocrite. And I would just like people to acknowledge that instead of acting like Ben is some holy deity and the only one who can truly change lol.

Lucas continues to delight.

Obviously, Team Vincent 4 Ever! 

• Love 9

So Belle is justified because her nemesis Jan is released and may/may not cause her harm. Like there is zero chance that Jan has gotten better and try to become a better person

But Sami has to accept and hand over her grandson over to her nemesis because everyone in her stupid family thinks that Nicole is a better person. They may see her that way but I never will.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

So Belle is justified because her nemesis Jan is released and may/may not cause her harm. Like there is zero chance that Jan has gotten better and try to become a better person

But Sami has to accept and hand over her grandson over to her nemesis because everyone in her stupid family thinks that Nicole is a better person. They may see her that way but I never will.

Belle's husband was kidnapped and stripped naked by Jan just a few months ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

With the time jump it was more than a year, And Jan was sent to the same facility that Claire and Ben were sent to.. Claire who tried to set Ciara on fire. Ben who killed people.. 

So while Jan may still be nuts or not, because the crime was committed against Belle, it will always be worse that serial killer lover Marlena is outraged by Jan's release and feel oh so badly for Eric because Sami had the audacity to inform the courts of the 2nd time that Nicole tried to kill someone. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

With the time jump it was more than a year, And Jan was sent to the same facility that Claire and Ben were sent to.. Claire who tried to set Ciara on fire. Ben who killed people.. 

So while Jan may still be nuts or not, because the crime was committed against Belle, it will always be worse that serial killer lover Marlena is outraged by Jan's release and feel oh so badly for Eric because Sami had the audacity to inform the courts of the 2nd time that Nicole tried to kill someone. 

I'm pretty sure "two months ago" was referenced in today's episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Yep but in the end Belle was the one who hurt Shawn the most when she cheated on him over and over again.

• Love 3

Isn't that the same dress Kristen was stalking around in when she left Salem?  Nothing says motherhood like a lepoard print "meet you under the lampost" dress.

On the rest of today's edition of "Oh, That Sami!", Marlena was able to whisper sweet nothings into Ben's ear and miraculously, he remembered that he shouted "CIARA" yet again, while trying to kill someone, yet again, and feels so bad about everything, yet again, and apparently expresses how upset he is by being all sweaty, yet again.  The man is hero, I tell you, a freakin' hero.

It was sweet hearing Hope tell him to shut the fuck up and stop being a dick.  Or at least, that's what I heard.

I'm only sorry that Marlena had to hypnotize Ben so fast that they didn't have time to do one of their naked sessions.  He's like a son to her....he sure is.

Speaking of sons, Eric and Brady in a room together is like adding a negative plus a negative and getting what we always get with those two, a black hole of dumb and dumber.  One brother is in love with a homicidal maniac, and the other one is in love with a ... homicidal maniac...?  I was surprised to hear Brady say he hadn't been in a church in a while.   Doesn't Kristen go to church all the time now, especially since she was both going to be a nun and hiding out in a convent?  Did she do that just for the food?

I love Sami and I love Belle, so I don't care which of them wins whatever current fight they're having.  I love Lucas as the greek chorus, he's hilarious.  

So Ciara FORGOT about Ben's victim, Wendy?  I know she was bored to death hearing about Paige and Serena, and Will had joined the cheerleading squad so no worries there, but she FORGOT about Wendy?   Damn.... Show is making her even more of an asshole than she already was.  

Edited by boes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

It was referenced today that Jan has only been in treatment for 2 months. Much less than Ben or Claire

• Love 3

I think Ben might have some serious competition from this Vincent guy.  He's really sad, really mad, ready to kill and a snappy dresser.  Combine all that with his homicidal intentions towards Ciara, and folks, we have a winner in the Ciara Romantic Sweepstakes.

This goes on long enough and she's going to have to specify who she means when she starts screaming, "He's changed!"

Makes me wish she'd been able to date Tony .....

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

Jan Spears must have happened when I was taking one or more of my breaks from the show, because I recognize her name but didn't remember anything in her biography when I read it.  I probably would have appreciated her reappearance even more if I knew the character, as the actress does seem kinda fun.  

Pleasantly surprised that Vincent had a romantic interest in Wendy The Midwife®️.  Adds some layers.  I'm intrigued by Vincent's fascination with mind control, so I felt bad for him that he only had Ciara there to share his musings about free will.  Way too deep, dude.  I like the Eye-For-An-Eye-Makes-The-Whole-World-Blind element of Eve and Vincent's revenge.  It's both tragic and a little terrifying.  And while I get why Ciara likes to hand wave Ben's past, it's unfortunate that Victoria Konefal doesn't seem to be able to do much with the gravity of being in love with a serial killer when it's placed right there in her lap.  Hopefully, I've spoken too soon.

Although I'm not loving this silly custody storyline, Hurricane Sami brings a liveliness to the show that isn't there when she exits Salem.  I suspect it has something to do with feeling like I've watched Sami grow up and known her for about half of my life.  

5 minutes ago, boes said:

Makes me wish she'd been able to date Tony .....

Andre? 

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 4

Wouldn't Shady Pines have kept Jan Spears under a 90 day observation recommendation? She attacked Belle or Shawn two months ago? Must have been on the digital series that I haven't seen. She is not Marlena's patient or is unlikely to be one. Wonder if she will fly off to Europe or wherever or stick around in Salem a bit.

Marlena must stink in her suit by now. Time to go home or use the hospital women's shower and clean up a bit.

Interesting to note how much you can remember under hypnosis. I can't even remember yesterday's lunch. So poor Ben overrode the programming and lack of 'free will' and didn't kill Ciara. Convenient that Vincent was there to mop up the mess or made sure it happened.

Also very interesting that Wendy was his fiance. Too bad he and Eve couldn't have exchanged a word about this when they were plotting to turn Ben in to a serial killer again. This just seemed out of nowhere. Unfortunate that there wasn't any flashback footage about Wendy and that he was the fiance. A little convenient.

I liked Lucas being the Greek chorus between Belle and Sami. Belle is right in that Sami couldn't really give a crap about raising her grandson - just stick it to Nicole. Everyone has their own agenda and the interests of the child have become a slugfest. Neither of them deserve temporary custody.

Brady and Eric on the hospital church pew. Brady's life choice to spend it with Kristen is worse than Eric.

Kristen really likes leopard print.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

I think Ben might have some serious competition from this Vincent guy.  He's really sad, really mad, ready to kill and a snappy dresser.  Combine all that with his homicidal intentions towards Ciara, and folks, we have a winner in the Ciara Romantic Sweepstakes.

Okay.  I guess this makes a good segue for my dark confession but I'd be open to shipping them.  So far, Vincent hasn't actually killed anyone.  And I could be down for some sort of gothic romance here as long as it doesn't involve mind control.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Team Vincent!

Agreed.

My only beef, because I'm picky like that, is that I can't fathom how plain midwestern Wendy the Midwife ended up with this somewhat sinister Foreign Doctor thin man guy. They just don't seem like people who would date each other, you know?

But otherwise nice twist Ron...

Sadly, Kitmerlot, reading your comments before watching the episode kind of spoiled the twist for me.

10 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So Vincent was the MVP is today's episode.  His reveal of being engaged to Wendy the midwife whose last name is apparently Taylor, was almost as fabulous as his "How can you live with yourself?"

Was it a jaw dropper for those who saw it unspoiled?

I honestly didn't expect anything this interesting to happen on the show LOL. If anything, I was dreading the reveal that Vincent had hypnotized Ben already years ago to make him into the necktie killer for...reasons.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I liked Lucas being the Greek chorus between Belle and Sami.

Truthfully I don't. I feel like the show has had a bad habit of using him as the straight man to Sami's wild woman dating way back to the 90s. If he isn't frowning and disapproving of her, he's frowning and disapproving of his mother. It got old years ago.

And Sami hand-waving her getting Belle's stalker released so she could return to Salem with a "she'll get over it" was not cute. I think that Ron wants to write a comedy show and forgets that given the life-and-death stakes the characters daily face in Salem, sometimes having them be flippant about the plot just makes them look like assholes.

I'm glad they didn't gloss over Eric's very legitimate reasons for not liking Kristen during his scenes with Brady today. I especially liked that Eric reminded Brady that Kristen will always be on the run. I'm sure by next week all of the charges against her will be dropped from here to eternity and she'll probably get elected mayor or something equally idiotic, but the fact remains that Brady's life is a complete train wreck and even if it's making him happy, the other characters shouldn't be brainwashed into applauding him for being a mess.

Simply put, Eric gets to hate Kristen, Nicole gets to hate Kristen, Victor gets to hate Kristen, Belle and Shawn and Marlena and John get to hate Jan, and by God Eve and Vincent get to hate Ben. That's as it should be.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Okay.  I guess this makes a good segue for my dark confession but I'd be open to shipping them.  So far, Vincent hasn't actually killed anyone.  And I could be down for some sort of gothic romance here as long as it doesn't involve mind control.

I think the guy is a good actor and I hope he stays around in some capacity.  Your scenario might be a welcome change from what we've seen so far.

• Love 6

On 9/3/2020 at 12:57 AM, lb60 said:

Awwww, look at Ciara, Bollie, and baby Bo (no to that times a thousand) living happily ever after.

gross gag GIF by Tacoma FD

Even if it was a dream.

I'm definitely team Sami, but smug is not a good look on her, either.

I really need the baby daddy to get his ass to Salem and put an end to all the nonsense.

I'm going to go with Tweedle-Heinous/Awfuller. 🙂

Allow me to join you in this gag festival.

Absolutely disgusting!!! Are you saying She imagined having a baby with Ben and naming that baby after Bo?

WTF to that !!!

team-america-throw-up-gif.gif

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1

I dont get it . Why would Victor all of a sudden decide to turn Nicole's world upside down ? I mean they have been pretty civil with each other ever since the Deimos Kiriakis reign of terror . Hell, they even cooporated with each other to take him down . Besides that , I do recall on Melaswen when Victor told Marlena about Jan trying to kill him and he vowed he suspected that Jan was working with Nicole because they were linked with Nicole's dad ,Paul Mendez . Anyway when Victor and other prisoners who were locked up in Andre DiMera's castle were finally liberated and returned to salem in 2005 , Jan Spears was already in a coma and Victor sneered that she deserved it and that she was merely Nicole's pawn and didnt send anybody to strangle her in her long sleep .

Plus he decided not to press charges against Nicole and decided he will torture her by divorcing her and not leaving her a cent since all she wanted was Victor's money .why didnt Victor or the judge  mention Victor not pressing charges against Nicole ? On top of that Justin could have even pointed out that Nicole actually lived at the Kiriakis mansion  while engaged to Deimos and Victor resided there as well . So why stay in the same mansion as the woman who tried to kill you before ? 

This custody hearing is hella botched from the get go .

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4
On 9/3/2020 at 4:24 AM, Katy M said:

Actually, both of them have at least tried to murder someone, kidnapped a child, and switched paternity tests.  I don't think either one of them should even be eligible for custody of children not their own (and maybe not even their own).

Exactly . They are both despicable creatures . 

8 hours ago, boes said:

I love Sami and I love Belle, so I don't care which of them wins whatever current fight they're having.  I love Lucas as the greek chorus, he's hilarious.  

So Ciara FORGOT about Ben's victim, Wendy?  I know she was bored to death hearing about Paige and Serena, and Will had joined the cheerleading squad so no worries there, but she FORGOT about Wendy?   Damn.... Show is making her even more of an asshole than she already was.  

The Sami, Belle and Lucas scenes were everything today! What I love about those scenes is that all three of them were correct!

Okay, so I am married to a former serial killer and somehow I do not remember one of his victims? Yes, Show, we get your point that Show never remembered Wendy, but we the audience did. Certainly the love of Serial Killer's life should have remembered Wendy the Midwife.

Marlena's been wearing that tie for some time now. Last week Ciara was wearing a tie.  WTAF?

• Love 6

Why doesnt Nicole mention the fact that Sami was once disgusised as a man named Stan . Stan was ultimately Andre DiMera's creation since he manipulated Sami and vowed to help her destroy her enemies ,who happened to be Andre's enemies as well. 

I mean Stan got John hooked on Morphine and Gave Nicole the genius idea to sabotage Chloe's facial reconstruction surgery by contaminating the surgical instruments . Most importantly ,Stan actively assisted the Iraqi terrorists that Andre was funding on his orders when Stan deceived Lucas ,Brady,Rex and Shawn by leading them to Philip's prison cell and them getting captured . Yes ,this was when Philip was kidnapped in Iraq during his marine days and it turned out the terrorists who got him were financed by Andre DiMera . So Rex ,Shawn and others went to Iraq to save Philip.

And lets not forget that Nicole was the first person to figure out that Stan was Sami after receiving a cryptic call from Andre . Anyway ,Sami and Nicole actually teamed up abit when Nicole confronted Sami about being Stan and both agreed to keep each other's dark secrets in order to hold onto Lucas and Brady respectively.

Anyway ,Victor returned from his brief imprisonment at the hands of Andre DiMera and He and Brady gleefully threw Nicole out of the mansion . Faced with the prospect of spending the night on the street ,Nicole went to Kate and told her about Sami being Stan and Kate put two and two together realised the same Stan was the drug dealer who supplied john with morphine to feed his addiction . Nicole told Kate this info in exchange for some money so she could stay at a motel. 

So Kate crashed Lucas and Sami's wedding dressed up like Stan and revealed that Sami was Stan . 

Now ,why didnt they mention this during yesterdays episode when Jan was singing about how she and Nicole plotted to kill Victor 16 years ago ? Why didnt Nicole point out Samis past as Stan ? Plus Nicole would have finally revealed that it was Stan who supplied her with the doctor uniform disguise  in order to sneak into that clinic where Chloe's facial reconstruction was taking place . Nicole ended up sabotaging the surgery .

Plus it was "Stan "who told Nicole that Chloe was at the clinic after "Stan " ran into her when she stole Morphine from that clinic  in order to  supply it to John . 

Nicole could have actually snapped back and even revealed this after Jan's testimony. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, boes said:

I think the guy is a good actor and I hope he stays around in some capacity.  Your scenario might be a welcome change from what we've seen so far.

I agree. I think he is the only newbie  character created by Carlivati who actually has potential to be a long term character. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Yep but in the end Belle was the one who hurt Shawn the most when she cheated on him over and over again.

Which is why they should break up on a more permanent basis. This version of  the Shelle pairing is abysmal. Zero chemistry as well. 

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

My only beef, because I'm picky like that, is that I can't fathom how plain midwestern Wendy the Midwife ended up with this somewhat sinister Foreign Doctor thin man guy. They just don't seem like people who would date each other, you know?

But otherwise nice twist Ron...

Sadly, Kitmerlot, reading your comments before watching the episode kind of spoiled the twist for me.

Was it a jaw dropper for those who saw it unspoiled?

I live on the East Coast (suburban Philadelphia) and the show airs on NBC10 at 12pm, so I post about the day's episode around 1:30ish, east coast time, @disneyboy, if you're worried about being spoiled for something potentially awesome, then perhaps don't read this thread until you watched the episode.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm also cool with Vincent and Cierra. Ben does nothing for me. Bland Beefcake not even made interesting by his serial killer past

• Love 8
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I'm also cool with Vincent and Cierra. Ben does nothing for me. Bland Beefcake not even made interesting by his serial killer past

Same here, I am down with a Vincent/Ciara romance with the right writer they can be compelling but we have Ron, so you guys know the deal..

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here, I am down with a Vincent/Ciara romance with the right writer they can be compelling but we have Ron, so you guys know the deal..

Ciara can continue to caress necks as her go-to romantic move, and Vincent can purr that she "learned well from her previous love".

• LOL 3

So, Gabi isn't even in town anymore, and she's still the topic of conversation and forget Abs and Chad, what will Lani and Eli do now that they won't have Gabi to constantly talk about?  Also, it doesn't give Eli even a sense of unease that Lani has zero problems ignoring the law if it suits her purposes and that she's asking him to do it too?  And according to Brady, Kristen's changed and its all from her deep love for Rachel but then she turns around and makes jokes about wearing a Nicole mask because apparently it's hilarious to impersonate other people and ruin their lives and yet Gabi is still considered the town villain?  Or is Jan Spears the new town villain?

Who didn't love Chad's indignation that Kate admitted to having a soft spot for Gabi?  Apparently Gabi's not allowed to have any people in her life who genuinely care about her because she refused to let Princes Abs get away with her destroying her life.  Well too bad bitch, because Gabi has Rafe, Will, Sonny and Kate who realize that she might have gone overboard with her revenge, but they still love her.  I'm also going to put Jake in that group because his feelings might be hurt, but he does still care for Gabi--she just needs to come back and win him over again 🙂

And yeah Marci Miller is back as Abby--unlike KM, MM can actually play Abs like she has a soul and is capable of complex emotions.  Tripp's also back--not sure what I think about that.

• Love 9

This episode is deadly.... Lani and Eli, Kristen and Brady, Gwen and Jake, Chad and Kate... zzzzzzzz 

Eli is almost Salem's worst cop, but then he has Lani next to him to remind me that she is worse. Since when does a big man hunt supersede another attempted murderer in town? The department can only work one case at a time (don't answer that)?

Steve and Kayla are a brief reminder of when I loved this show

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

At least if Lani is busy babysitting, she might stop running to the hospital/Sarah each time the babies kick.

Gwen's overacting today was more obvious than usual. Hey, I'm watching a soap so I get there will be massive amounts of dysfunction in relationships, but the Gwen/Jake dynamic is just pathetic. He broke up with you, move on and stop begging for him to come back.

• Love 3

Lani is as psycho as practically every other woman on this show.

There are maids at the DiMansion?  Why have we never seen a single one?

Brady and Kristen argue, repeat, argue, repeat was too long and boring.  Nothing changed.

So NBC is showing golf on Monday.

Ooh, ooh, Jake and Kate?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Steve and Kayla are a brief reminder of when I loved this show

They were the only part that I enjoyed today. I'm glad they took a moment to mention Joey being in prison and how they can only visit him twice a month. I guess he's not in Statesville where prisoners are allowed countless visitors at all hours of the day (looking at you Maggie, Will, Ben...). Now, why is Tripp breaking into Kayla's place and breaking picture frames? I hope he didn't overhear Steve & Kayla getting busy.

Kristen & Brady, I did not miss you one bit. Please leave.

3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And yeah Marci Miller is back as Abby--unlike KM, MM can actually play Abs like she has a soul and is capable of complex emotions.

I've only seen MM's Abby in a few scenes here and there, but she has always come across as a damsel in distress. I hope this version of Abby has some fire to her. I don't think Matthew Ashford has ever acted with MM's Abby, I can't wait to see how they play off each other. 

• Love 4

After today's show I sorta can't wait for social distancing filming, since then we won't  have to see Kristen slinking around Brady like a wobbly praying mantis, or Brady's hairless, ham-hued torso.  Besides, isn't it time to break Kristen up for kindling or at least send her to the Gloria Swanson Home for Terrible Impersonators?  You really aren't ready for your close up, Kristen.

Go on, Kristen, put on that Nicole mask.  I'd love to see Sami slap the smug right off you.

Gwen has all the charm of a bedbug infestation, doesn't she?  I wasn't able to follow Chad's logic, about Gwen staying there.  First he says that Jake gets to stay at the mansion because it's still Gabi's house, then he says Gwen is staying because he invited her to.  If Gabi owns the place, then can't she send the sheriff and have all their freeloading butts tossed out?

Tripp is back AND he's wearing Allie's hoodie!

Steve and Kayla's bedroom should look very familiar to Steve, since he was staying in it when it was Hope's house, at the same time it was Rafe's house.  That mirrored window Kayla has on the wall used to be in Hope's real house.

Won't Ciara and Ben be upset when they get back to the hotel and find out that Kristen and Brady have moved into their room? 

Poor Eli.  He's been stuck with the biggest stick-in-the-mud in Salem.  Lani is tops at consistently ignoring anything he wants or anything she's sworn to uphold, unless, of course, it's tied to the evil Gabi.  If Kristen is her only friend, doesn't she think her problems run a LOT deeper than even her buzz kill of a personality indicates?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2