Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, lb60 said:

Agree with you and everyone else who has had it with Nicole.

I'm surprised my tv is still in one piece, since I seriously want to throw things at it whenever she's on screen these days.

Good work, writers. <eye roll>

CanaryFan was right . Nicole is much better off being a br!tch and a vixen.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I know we have been having to listen to Ciara defend the serial killer that she is madly in love with for years, but ugh. If they gloss over this what we saw today I'll be pissed. Yes I know he's brainwashed but that was terrifying. Begging "please dont kill me" was disturbing.  

That was so dark scary and sad at the same time.  
I always believed Ben would hurt Ciara but he has an excuse.   Hope better not just forgive him if Ciara gets away or if he does kill her.  
She needs to protect her daughter.  

• Love 3

So Sami admits today to Justin that getting custody of Allie’s baby is not just doing what’s best of the baby but about “beating Nicole”. I don’t think anyone can say she has altruistic motives in this fight.

Just now, TenaciousWarrior said:

So Sami admits today to Justin that getting custody of Allie’s baby is not just doing what’s best of the baby but about “beating Nicole”. I don’t think anyone can say she has altruistic motives in this fight.

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

The Ben fans are convinced Vincent killed Paige and brain washed Ben to think he did it. Their delusions are scary 

This is a show that has a mad scientist bring people back to life, had a serial killer kill half the town but they're all on some island somewhere, had someone controlling people through their fillings, had someone taking herbs that allowed her to pretend to be in a coma and was so successful that doctors and nurses didn't know she was in one, had John thinking he was Roman for years, has people that are older than people born years before them, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other stuff.  There is nothing that you could think is going to/did happen on this show that would be out of the realm of possibilities.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

The Ben fans are convinced Vincent killed Paige and brain washed Ben to think he did it. Their delusions are scary 

Um, that thought crossed my mind, too. *ducks head in shame*

Though I’ve been expecting a retcon ever since they brought him back as a “hero.”

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

While that's true the show has gone out of its way to completely neuter Ben's SK past to the point where Eve is a villain for wanting her daughter's killer to suffer.  A retcon would be pointless.

I hate that every article is all about Evil Eve and poor Ben. She is being made into worse than him to make him look better. I like when villains own their past (Jack, Xander) and don't whine that they have changed (Kristen, Nicole) while not showing me it's true

11 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Though I’ve been expecting a retcon ever since they brought him back as a “hero.”

Honestly I could see them doing it too 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Spoiler

I agree they are scary, but there is a spoiler for 9/3 that Vincent makes a shocking confession to Ciara so sadly I can see it being true. And I will throw things at my tv.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Honestly I could see them doing it too 

When Jordan came back, I thought it was going to turn out that Jordan had Ben brainwashed to think he was the killer but it was really their Daddy in a Ben mask. Didn't they have a serial killer in a Marlena mask once? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

This is a show that has a mad scientist bring people back to life, had a serial killer kill half the town but they're all on some island somewhere, had someone controlling people through their fillings, had someone taking herbs that allowed her to pretend to be in a coma and was so successful that doctors and nurses didn't know she was in one, had John thinking he was Roman for years, has people that are older than people born years before them, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of other stuff.  There is nothing that you could think is going to/did happen on this show that would be out of the realm of possibilities.

Actually, such a story could be in the realm of possibilities, but it seems like such a long con to play with people's lives for 6 or more years. Too many people involved, too many things could go wrong. There could be a BW door at the New Orleans warehouse that has a robo-Ben that actually committed the crimes. Plus other duplicates of him.

• Love 2

So Rafe's dad breaks in to his house. He couldn't have just called to say he was coming to visit?

Maybe Nicole meant well by telling Belle that Sami was yelling at John, but that is between Sami and John. Maybe if he was on life support or something. Is Sami actually looking out for her grandchild? Who knows. More like Nicole and Eric can't have the kid and Sami gets what she wants. Go home to EJ.

Paige's eyebrows bothered me a couple of times. They seemed kinda wormy when she made some expressions. I know, it's only me. 

Eve's conscience aka Paige apparition was trying to put forward some common sense and that killing Hope's daughter is not going to bring Paige back or anything. It is an eye for an eye but it is not going to make Eve feel better. She brainwashed/used mind control on someone to do what she wants.

The dorm room was creepy. Ciara should have ran when she could. Something is very wrong with her husband and no psychiatrist would send him back to the scene of the crime unless the shrink was with him. Marlena is too busy with her sick husband and no other counsellor seems to be around, and no one thought to put Ben in Bayview for a few days' observation to see what happened to him.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Maybe. They come and go and the timejump has sucked out a few of my braincells.

So has the standard time, with the show not  being interrupted for Olympics and tennis.  Paige's death occurred in September, according to her tombstone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Same. I'm dreading it. Honestly, if I see it coming, I'm gone. I was angry enough about Hope getting a pass on blowing Stefano away...and I liked her. Ben gets no passes from me.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The dorm room was creepy. Ciara should have ran when she could. Something is very wrong with her husband and no psychiatrist would send him back to the scene of the crime unless the shrink was with him.

I find it weird that Ben has been programmed to obey Vincent, but now is able to fabricate completely plausible lies - "um so I saw this other therapist and had a whole session with him and he told me to come to Paige's dorm room and repent!" - just to stall for time in the episode and build up the suspense of him actually killing Ciara. If he was just brainwashed to kill Ciara, period, wouldn't it be as simple as him walking into a room, seeing his wife and then killing her immediately?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I find it weird that Ben has been programmed to obey Vincent, but now is able to fabricate completely plausible lies - "um so I saw this other therapist and had a whole session with him and he told me to come to Paige's dorm room and repent!" - just to stall for time in the episode and build up the suspense of him actually killing Ciara. If he was just brainwashed to kill Ciara, period, wouldn't it be as simple as him walking into a room, seeing his wife and then killing her immediately?

That's too easy. The bad guys have to make it as convoluted as possible. They probably cannot override his entire consciousness and subconsciousness in Brainwashing 101 in less than 24 hours. There is a part of him that is fighting it. He has changed, he is on medication, he has overcome his mental health issues, or is at least in control of them.  It has to be some sort of event. Makes no sense that any therapist would encourage him to visit the crime scene 6 years later to repent. Unless it was part of the treatment in the psych ward and any visitation was supervised by the psychiatrist.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh !!

I curse the day this serial killer was brought back to the show . 

Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh!!!!

• Love 3

Unpopular opinion I actually think we're supposed to be rooting for Sami with all RC flaws Sami is actually a character I think he writes well and honestly I prefer this than the heroine they tried to make her into a few years ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Unpopular opinion I actually think we're supposed to be rooting for Sami with all RC flaws Sami is actually a character I think he writes well and honestly I prefer this than the heroine they tried to make her into a few years ago.

If that's so then it's working because I'm rooting for Sami.  Now if she'd only try and sell Eric like she did Belle, I'd love her forever..........He may not be a baby, but he acts like one.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

So Sami admits today to Justin that getting custody of Allie’s baby is not just doing what’s best of the baby but about “beating Nicole”. I don’t think anyone can say she has altruistic motives in this fight.

But it's also obvious that from the beginning, Nicole has relished using this situation to hurt Sami. I resent how the lines are stacked against Sami when neither of them really has a moral high ground.  Has anyone other than Sami acknowledged that Nicole may not have the purest of motives?

• Love 7

Trying to figure this out. 
the story we saw on screen was that Ben and Abigail we’re engaged living together.  Ben was possessive and had anger issues.  Most though thought he was a nice guy.  Abigail could not fight her feelings for Chad.  They did some gardening one night which Ben witnessed.  This drove him over the edge and made him start the killing and trying to frame Chad.  
So how and why would anyone have to hypnotize/brainwash him to kill Paige ?  
He had already killed Serena. 
He killed Paige because he thought she knew something and talked to the police 

He killed Wendy for no reason really 

He killed Will because Will figure out he was the killer. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I think that's why Ben killed Wendy as well--she knew he'd kidnapped Abigail and after Wendy delivered the baby, there was no reason for Ben to keep her around.

On today's episode, I had to laugh at Eduardo's impassioned defense of Eve, but he can't see that his own daughter Gabi might have been driven to take matters into her own hands as well.  I loved the Gabi/Jake scenes especially when Gabi lets her guard down and acts like the caring woman we know is still there.  I liked his obvious concern that she's in danger of losing custody of Ari --his grabbing her arm and sitting her down on the bed might be my favorite wordless scene between them--and then of course we get a passionate kiss--WOO HOO!!

Good for Hope for reaching Eve by talking about her own pain at losing her son and the Ben/Ciara scenes were damn scary--the moment when he punched through the door of the bathroom and reached for the handle was terrifying.  I'm glad Eve told Hope where to find them and all I can say is, Hope better find Ciara standing over an unconscious Ben--she's the daughter of Bo and Hope, she has to be tougher then standing around waiting to be killed.

The only thing I liked in today's ridiculous custody hearing was Sami's beautiful shade at Justin--"If you're a lawyer, it can't be that difficult."

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, tribeca said:

the story we saw on screen was that Ben and Abigail we’re engaged living together.  Ben was possessive and had anger issues.  Most though thought he was a nice guy.  Abigail could not fight her feelings for Chad.  They did some gardening one night which Ben witnessed.  This drove him over the edge and made him start the killing and trying to frame Chad.  

Stop trying to inject logic where it doesn't belong.  If they retcon that he was brainwashed to think he killed Paige, I would assume (yeah yeah I know) that they will do that with the rest of the victims also. Otherwise, what's the point?  And we saw him talking to Will's corpse for like an hour.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Ciara is reminding me why I hate horror movies.   Stop talking and run away.  Get out.  Good grief girl.  

All while she's standing near a window, of course. Dumbass. Daddy would be so proud.

I don't care if Ben doesnt kill Ciara, I don't care how much they love each other. If she survives she better go off and get some therapy.  I had to remind myself today that Ciara is a rape victim. Trauma after trauma. If this show chooses to be even a little realistic what went down today no one would get over easily.  

Kristian Alfonso was fantastic today. Those scenes with Eve showed how good she can be. I always thought her best work over the years was with Zach's death. Damn I felt that pain again today.

• Love 7

KA was definitely bringing it. I was kind of proud of her. We've seen so much more of her range these last few weeks, from the fun scene of her and Steve breaking the Stevano painting, to her getting through to Eve today. You know, I actually liked Hope when Bo was off screen in 2012 and she was just raising her daughter and going about her life. I liked when they used her where she fit in naturally. I don't understand this mindset on soaps that if you're not in a romantic storyline you just don't exist. It leads to so many terrible on-screen romances that audiences hate to have to wait months to be done with. I certainly hated Sheila flirting with Abe, and now he may be flirting with Kate. He's a man of a certain age and he doesn't always have to be on a date to get screen time, does he?

All this to say, good for Kristian.

I was literally yelling at Ciara to stop being an idiot and break out the window. Ben is telling her he feels like he's going to kill her and telling her to lock the door to protect herself and she's still standing there saying "I'm not worried about protecting myself...I'm worried about you! Let me open the door and hug it all better, schmoopie!" He doesn't have a tummy ache, my dear. He's going to kill you. Either kick him in the groin and fight for your life or kick out that window and make a run for it. Ugh.

How satisfying would it be to see Hope and Bo show up tomorrow and just kick the crap out of Ben for an entire hour? I'm talking body slamming, finger breaking, farting in his general direction, the works. And hell, why not have Sami drop by on the heels of losing her custody battle and take some of her anger out on his perfectly bleached teeth? Eve too! A fully cathartic royal rumble!

I really liked Jake's hair today. It was much fuller and I liked the height, which I sometimes think looks ridiculous on guys. I did not care for Gabi over dramatizing the situation with Arianna. She knows this isn't going to go to court and turn into a custody battle, so stop acting like it has to be that. The boys are reasonable. You'll work it out. Calm down. It felt more like she was trying to artificially create a sense of vulnerability and intimacy as an excuse to jump Jake's bones.

I know it's silly to try to apply logic to this show, but hasn't Sami done just as many absolutely reprehensible things as Nicole, that Nicole could just as easily fire back in front of the judge as evidence of Sami being an unfit person? She shot EJ in the head, tricked him into marrying her so she could steal all his assets and have him sent to prison for tax evasion, and now she's nursing him like he's a wounded bird, to the detriment of her relationship with her actual children and family members. I would not leave anyone in Sami's care simply by virtue of the fact that she already has three kids spread across multiple continents and an invalid husband (though I don't know if they're even still technically considered married.)

If they were going to omit Lucas, the obvious choice as a solution to this entire battle, from the custody case, why didn't they just write a quick scene saying he was going to go off in search of Allie? It would have accounted for his absence in all of this, which at the moment is glaring.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

If they were going to omit Lucas, the obvious choice as a solution to this entire battle, from the custody case, why didn't they just write a quick scene saying he was going to go off in search of Allie? It would have accounted for his absence in all of this, which at the moment is glaring.

Lucas would have been there, but he's still trying to find where Gwen dumped al his stuff after she and Jake took over  his bedroom at the DiMera B & B - continental breakfast served 7 to 9 am.

No matter what heinous crap Sami did, all she has to do to trump anything Nicole says is to mention that Nicole STOLE HER BABY FOR A YEAR.  That should put the kibosh on Nicole's Sister Bertille impersonation.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, drtslim said:

But it's also obvious that from the beginning, Nicole has relished using this situation to hurt Sami. I resent how the lines are stacked against Sami when neither of them really has a moral high ground.  Has anyone other than Sami acknowledged that Nicole may not have the purest of motives?

Eric FINALLY sort of figured it out.  Nicole admitted she was repeating a confession heard in a chapel, told him flat out she had no intention of acting ethically, basically admitted that a large part of the custody battle was because she wanted to "win against Sami" and pretty much gloated that her shit stirring might cause Sami to lose her attorney.  She then added some stupid flattery about how awesome Eric is (sort of along the lines of "Look Eric Bright, shiny thing).  Eric basically spent the day with his usual look of constipated angst.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

You know the judge shouldn't be surprised that the people in front of her may have a criminal record. If there actually was social worker's report about Baby Boy Horton, she would have known that:

• biological mother is a flake and in the span of 24 hours offer her son to three different parents without having a conversation about it with 2 of the potential parents (Rafe, Ericole). With a history of running from her problems, flaky left before talking to anyone about her latest choice in parents, finalizing custody/adoption plans, and leaving a note as she left the hospital and has contacted no one including her THIRD choice in parent
  • biological father is unknown
  • maternal grandmother and grandfather jointly obtained the restraining order. 
  • 3rd potential adoptive father is a recovering addict and convicted felon for killing someone while intoxicated
  • potential adoptive mother is THREE time babynapper to child that did not belong to her and her own child whom she lost custody due to her own violent and criminal past. The kidnapped child is also daughter of the maternal grandmom. Any time Nicole has lost custody of children, she breaks the law and commits kidnapping
Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7

Ben: "Why is this happening? Why is this happening?

Me: "I have a better question. Why am I watching this? Why am I watching this?

Scene: Ciara unlocks bathroom door.

Me: "Girl, you done lost your mind."

Her heaving bosom is very distracting.

Smug Nicole is not a Nicole I can get behind. Unless it's to push her off a cliff.

Hey, Judge. Maybe a background check, character witnesses, etc. might be in order before you turn over an innocent baby. Also, said baby needs a guardian ad litem. 

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

.....the moment when he punched through the door of the bathroom and reached for the handle was terrifying. 

the shining heres johnny GIF

Here's Bollie!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

As a (former?) Cin fan, you just cannot come back from this. I know Ciara is dumb as rocks, but how could she ever feel safe with him again? I don’t understand why the writers are doing this. I mean, whether we like it or not, aren’t they a pretty popular couple? Why torpedo it? I don’t get the rationale. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

He actually killed Paige because he saw her talking to Chad by chance at the Horton square, since Chad was the last person to be seen with her alive, he chose her as his latest victim.  She died doing what we all do everyday passing somebody on the street that we know and saying hello.  He did the same thing to Serena because she was flirting with Chad at TBD where Ben worked. It is why I will never feel sorry for him.  He is evil and having a mental illness does not negate that. Ben has a personality disorder, he is a sociopath mixed with sexual sadism, he enjoyed the killings of these ladies on a sexual level. I remember him sexing up Abigail after killing one of his victims.  She even commented on how good he was that particular evening, that is just sick,  Ron is a hack trying to make Ben into a romantic hero.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

As a (former?) Cin fan, you just cannot come back from this. I know Ciara is dumb as rocks, but how could she ever feel safe with him again? I don’t understand why the writers are doing this. I mean, whether we like it or not, aren’t they a pretty popular couple? Why torpedo it? I don’t get the rationale. 

Most people who have seen Ron's previous work knows he builds a couple up to destroy them(well I guess all current writers do this) but tbh Cin is pretty terrible in general. I mean he's a serial killer.. sure there have been rapists that get romances but that was done over time and other characters were still allowed to hate the guy if they wanted to. They just managed to luck out because the actors have great chemistry.

Having RSW return as Ben's twin who has to deal with what his brother did ala Kevin on GH would've been a 1000x better than this....

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 11

Nicole and Sami are both various sized pots and kettles, calling the other black. Both have done crappy things and both seem to have maybe grown a little. But the backbiting does not end - ever. Sami is stupid to represent herself.

Enjoyed Hope and Eve - both really brought it. Haven't seen Hope this animated in years. Both understand love and loss. At least the Salem PD knows that Ben has been brainwashed and programmed - sort of.

So Eduardo has to sneak in to Rafe's home and make him an offer he can't refuse to go to Mexico? Really?

Jake looked good today - clean hair. He and Gwen were going to some all the shrimp you can eat restaurant? The guy knows how to entertain the ladies.

Ciara, maybe get yourself a better fitting and more comfortable bra. Your coconuts were in danger of escaping. And in terms of escaping, you did not notice the window in the bathroom? Which floor of the dorm building is the dorm room? Surely you could see if you could open it, find out it didn't have bars on it, so your happity butt could climb out and you'd be safe. You could then call the cops or an ambulance for your husband and get him to the hospital for washing out the brainwashing/programming. But oh no, you open the door and find out that your brainwashed spouse then smashed the door to unlock it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I was amused by the lady Judge, her facial expressions & remarks were making me laugh.  And when she said to Sami "You need to Grow Up!'..lol.   I could not really watch the scenes with Ben & Ciara...too creepy, and Ciara's bosom was distracting...goodness, could her dress be any more tight, short & low-cut!

• Love 8

I don't know what Ciara's deal is, not breaking out the window or banging Ben on the noggin with the top of the toilet tank.  He doesn't work out, there's  plenty of psychos in the sea for her to try again.  Hannibal Lector must have a nephew on Tinder, Charlie Manson a grandson.

I can't get enough of the shade Sami is throwing Justin's way.  As much as I generally like him, he's been a real moron since the time jump.  Bad enough he thought he and Kayla would work out, but then doing Bonnie's bidding and putting on the cowboy hat put him pretty far down the line for me.  Plus, has he ever won a case?  On purpose?

As for Nicole and that blockhead Eric, I wouldn't let them raise a houseplant.  Though, to be fair, a houseplant would finally give Eric something to talk to that's on his intellectual level.

I agree that Hope was good today, as was Eve.  But these storylines are so awful I don't really care much.

• LOL 10
10 minutes ago, boes said:

As for Nicole and that blockhead Eric, I wouldn't let them raise a houseplant.  Though, to be fair, a houseplant would finally give Eric something to talk to that's on his intellectual level.

Can I use this? I feel like a day will come where I need to change the names and use this. I hope I have your consent, boes. 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 4
11 hours ago, drtslim said:

Has anyone other than Sami acknowledged that Nicole may not have the purest of motives?

Eric told her that point blank yesterday.

8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

All while she's standing near a window, of course. Dumbass. Daddy would be so proud.

While not being worried that her boob was about to pop out of her dress any moment, I kept staring at that window. It's ridiculous she never even attempted to flee. At least have her attempt it and say it's too high to jump or something.

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I did not care for Gabi over dramatizing the situation with Arianna. She knows this isn't going to go to court and turn into a custody battle, so stop acting like it has to be that. The boys are reasonable. You'll work it out. Calm down. It felt more like she was trying to artificially create a sense of vulnerability and intimacy as an excuse to jump Jake's bones.

As soon as Gabi said to Jake it was for her daughter my eyes rolled so far out of my head. OF COURSE she used that as an excuse. That is her go-to excuse for everything! And, if Will and Sonny, did want to take her to court she'd probably need a damn bit more than proof of stable income to win with her recent track record.

Yes, Lucas's absence here is glaring. I assume this storyline is why they brought BD back but he's disappeared for a huge chunk of this story when it matters most.

7 hours ago, boes said:

No matter what heinous crap Sami did, all she has to do to trump anything Nicole says is to mention that Nicole STOLE HER BABY FOR A YEAR.  That should put the kibosh on Nicole's Sister Bertille impersonation.

How would that trump anything Nicole says? What she did with Sydney was terrible but Sami has done some equally loathsome stuff. While it's not exactly the same, she basically stole a year of Will's life from Lucas so I doubt either Nicole or Sami would come out winners if all their sins were laid bare.

• Love 4