Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I was kind of feeling the same way....until I remembered that Ben knocked Marlena out in that exact same office and no one in the show has addressed it since. But then that's just another reason why she shouldn't have him as a patient. I will always be disappointed in Marlena that she doesn't have the same level of hatred towards Ben that Eve does. Marlena is supposed to love Will like crazy. I miss when those two had an actual relationship. I doubt he will even get a goodbye moment with her before leaving town, if that happens.

If I've never watched the show, I would agree that Ben's casual support of Marlena in that scene wouldn't bother me, but considering the history I hate his guts.

Now WTH was with Eve singing along to the weird soundtrack, that started off like it was going to be a song but then never actually became one? It reminded me of that weird moaning woman singing in the background when Eve first came on the show with Paige. But this isn't that song, it's something new. Is it supposed to be a song that reminds her of Paige? Is it supposed to be one of the songs Eve recorded before she lost her voice? I have no idea but I thought it was really bizarre.

I missed that part of the show. I stopped watching for a time. But even then, I've always wondered (show runners pushing it aside) why Marlena is so invested in Ben. It's so much more than "I 'successfully cured' a patient".

I think it's a song by Paige that Eve was singing along to. When she was brainwashing Ben she was playing something and reminded him that Paige never got the chance to write lyrics because he killed her.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah it doesn't feel that long ago although the last time we saw the character was in the Halloween episode where she stabbed Lani in HTS about 3 years ago.

Paige stabbed Lani? How do I not remember this?! 🤣

• LOL 1

From Dictionary.com:

unctuous

• adjective
  1. characterized by excessive piousness or moralistic fervor, especially in an affected manner; excessively smooth, suave, or smug.
  2. of the nature of or characteristic of an unguent or ointment; oily; greasy.
  3. having an oily or soapy feel, as certain minerals.

see: Philip Kiriakis 

I may/may not have added that last reference point.

Marlena
- Loathed her Sami coldness and martyr act
- Yawn at the "John's in danger"
- Made me cry when she broke down in front of Ben

Sami
- Call 911! Your character assassination is underway!  Also, call for John having an obvious stroke or something.
- But still.  Her message while John lay there NOT BREATHING: Don't die because I know it's MY fault.  She takes 'all about Sami' to an art form.

Hope/Jenn/Kayla lunch
- one of the best moments on DOOL for me -- I just loved the friendship, the blatant "yes we are teens" attitude

Rope
- I'm okay with it.  

Eve & picture looking
- Excellent work by KDP - she's in full on villain mode (you can tell by the all-leather outfit) but brought pathos to that scene

Wilson
- *headdesk* did you get the number of the truck that just ran over your storyline?

Philip
- Slide back out on the oil slick dude.  I don't like you.

Victor
- What the hell?  ALL your family male relationships are "transactional".  And you MADE it that way. No male loves you except to get the CEO job.  Except Xander.  Who actually was worried about you in the hospital.  Like GENUINELY CARED.  

Xander
- Ah, my boo.  You are about to get shafted. Again.  

Maggie
- Welcome back from your cold via extended vacation in Greece!  Please tell me you left Julie & Doug there.

Seriously, I enjoyed Friday's episode.  And the CIN shit is creepyAF IMO.  I fast forward thru the creepy now.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, bannana said:

Paige stabbed Lani? How do I not remember this?! 🤣

I wish I had the clip but it was funny and I wished it was real. I think Paige might've fared better as a nutty character much like Claire. JJ/Bev should've been the OTP and Paige is the chick that wanted JJ but he didn't see her that way. Rory liked her despite being weird. Paige could've schemed her way into JJ's heart much like Eve would've done at that age.

That's how their teen scene should've gone instead of what we got.

• Love 3
On 8/23/2020 at 5:42 AM, SueB said:

Maggie
- Welcome back from your cold via extended vacation in Greece!  Please tell me you left Julie & Doug there.

Preferably in an underground cavern. Or a grotto below the tideline. Or in the Medusa's lair, possibly.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 4
On 8/23/2020 at 5:42 AM, SueB said:

- Yawn at the "John's in danger"

Sami
- Call 911! Your character assassination is underway!  Also, call for John having an obvious stroke or something.

I am NOT saying that older people should only exist to prop the younger characters, but at least give them a decent story line.  We've had Marlena and John either kidnapped and in danger or unconscious (and in danger) approximately 8,367 times in the last couple years.  At this point we ALL KNOW they aren't going to kill off either one of them so can we just knock it off with the "about to die" crap and put them in good scenes?  Rather than 60 or 70 year old action heroes, wouldn't you love to see John and Steve actually solve a case by, I don't know, DETECTIVE WORK?   And put Marlena back in the orbit of family and friends.  It actually makes her slightly more human.

Yes, we don't even need spoilers to know that it will come out that John collapsed while arguing with Sami.   We will then have ENDLESS scenes with Marlena, Belle, Will, Sonny, Eric, Nicole, Hope, Rafe, Steve, Kayla, the hospital orderly, the dry cleaner and the guy who picks up the trash at their condo all screaming at Sami and blaming her for John's aneurysm.  Even though anyone with half a brain knows that an argument can't cause an aneurysm that will be irrelevant.  This is Salem and Sami is responsible for every. single. thing. that goes wrong.  Ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I am NOT saying that older people should only exist to prop the younger characters, but at least give them a decent story line.  We've had Marlena and John either kidnapped and in danger or unconscious (and in danger) approximately 8,367 times in the last couple years.  At this point we ALL KNOW they aren't going to kill off either one of them so can we just knock it off with the "about to die" crap and put them in good scenes?  Rather than 60 or 70 year old action heroes, wouldn't you love to see John and Steve actually solve a case by, I don't know, DETECTIVE WORK?   And put Marlena back in the orbit of family and friends.  It actually makes her slightly more human.

Yes, we don't even need spoilers to know that it will come out that John collapsed while arguing with Sami.   We will then have ENDLESS scenes with Marlena, Belle, Will, Sonny, Eric, Nicole, Hope, Rafe, Steve, Kayla, the hospital orderly, the dry cleaner and the guy who picks up the trash at their condo all screaming at Sami and blaming her for John's aneurysm.  Even though anyone with half a brain knows that an argument can't cause an aneurysm that will be irrelevant.  This is Salem and Sami is responsible for every. single. thing. that goes wrong.  Ever.

Marlena told Sami it wasn't her fault 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Nicole is seriously a bitch. She gets into with Sami at the hospital, criticizing her ability to take care of her grandson, telling her she looks awful.

And then running to Belle to spill a conversation she overheard in a CHAPEL(!) between a mother and daughter. 

frustrated the worst GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Nicole needs to back off from Sami.  She knows Sami hates her, she doesn't have to interact with her, let alone retaliate at her level.

Does Vincent have a personal reason to go after Ben?  It would be great if it turned out that he was related to Wendy the midwife.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
47 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Vincent have a personal reason to go after Ben?  It would be great if it turned out that he was related to Wendy the midwife.

It definitely seems like they're hinting at Vincent having some kind of connection to Ben.

Boring ep. I fast forwarded most of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I've been proud of Nicole but now even I can't deny that she's purposefully stirring up shit. If you really love your husband, just avoid his sister and everything to do with her. It's pretty easy Nicole.

Nice little moment of Eric and Marlena praying in the chapel. I know it was silly that he was a priest for so long, but I don't mind little callbacks like this.

And Marlena was very mature and composed when Sami made her admission. I feel like Sami is enough of an adult to know that just because you yell at someone you can't necessarily trigger a heart attack or an aneurysm. Sometimes the writing is so stupid...she's not ten years old, Ron.

The stuff with Ben and Ciara really made me sad. I know this is a great acting opportunity for Victoria, but I don't relish seeing fear written across her face or her eyes welling up with tears as she realizes the man she's had total blind faith in for like 2 years is about to murder her. I may have occasionally said awful things about these characters, but I'm not a total monster. I hope she kicks him in the balls, smashes his teeth against the shower tile and beats him with a chair. Maybe having his ass handed to him a couple of times will straighten him out (I never say things like this because obviously mental health issues can't be slapped out of you but for Ben I'm making an exception).

Seriously, what kind of a moron lets their recovering serial killer husband, who is acting very strangely, bring them to an abandoned dorm building and only THEN starts asking questions at the last possible moment...while two nut jobs are loose in town trying to kidnap, brainwash or kill them both? Any half-wit would not require instructions from their police officer mother to stay put in the relative safety of a hotel room. Heck, I'm surprised the police department didn't send someone to guard their door or something.

Was Paige always born in 1995? Which birthday was she celebrating when she confronted JJ about sleeping with her mother? I'm curious if the math all checks out.

I hope Vincent is just fed up with Ben because he spilled a drink on him back at Club TBD or something. It doesn't have to be any deeper than that 🤣

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I'm gonna give a little credit to RSW. Dude isnt the best actor but well shit! When he said "its a surprise" while gripping at the tie..creepy! I felt that lol. Then I rolled my eyes at Ciara's stupidity. Yes let's think about sexy time while your brainwashed serial killer husband is acting odd and playing with a tie.

I hate the writing for Nicole so much. She was never my fave but good lord. What an annoying shit-stirrer. And what the hell was with her hair!? It kept switching back and forth between styles.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Catching up on various threads here, and I've come to the realization I'm the only one who doesn't mind Rafe.  Don't throw anything, please. 😁

I don't mind him in his current incarnation where he's mostly in a supporting role.  Now, if they change that---no promises.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

What a pleasant and unexpected surprise that Sami told Marlena what happened, and Marlena didn't blame her for it.  What Marlena said is the truth but Show doesn't always go for the truth.  It feels good to step back from disliking Marlena as much as I have recently.  I know, I know, there's always tomorrow.

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Catching up on various threads here, and I've come to the realization I'm the only one who doesn't mind Rafe.  Don't throw anything, please. 😁

Rafe has pretty much always put my teeth on edge, but currently, I'm not minding him at all.  As a matter of fact, I'm liking this current flirtation between him and Hope, and I absolutely hated when they were together before.  But Hope is also easier to take these days too, IMO.

Nicole is absolutely insufferable right now.  She instigates and feeds the flames every bit as much, if not more, than Sami and she's getting a pass from everyone.  After the shitstorm abates, she whines about how sorry she is to Eric but oh-that-Sami is just so mean and that ridiculous moron ALWAYS agrees with her.  I'm finding it hard to believe Show is writing her as the one to root for in this.  If that's the case, they're doing a piss poor job of it.  And Eric is back to his default dumb as a box of rocks with a giant stick up his ass character again.  

I hope the judge gives the baby to Sami and forces Nicole and Sami to adopt Allie.  That'll teach them to keep their noses out of other people's business.  

Ciara sees her boyfriend the necktie killer twisting a necktie in his hands and nary a lightbulb goes off in that empty tin can she calls a brain.  

Bo would be so proud.

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Yes let's think about sexy time while your brainwashed serial killer husband is acting odd and playing with a tie.

It is so ridiculous. Plus Ciara wearing a tie/scarf these last few eps just waiting to be strangled.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bannana said:

Nicole is seriously a bitch.

Agree with you and everyone else who has had it with Nicole.

I'm surprised my tv is still in one piece, since I seriously want to throw things at it whenever she's on screen these days.

Good work, writers. <eye roll>

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I actually enjoy him in scenes with family members(Gabi, and his brother when he was on), scenes with Hope just make me go "ugh".

• Love 6

Surely, Sarah or Kayla could have told John's family that the seizure had nothing to do with anything. It was pre-existing and just happened. No one's fault. But nope, it left doors open for Nicole to eavesdrop and even though well-intentioned, still go running to Eric and Belle to maybe get the baby away from Sami. No, neither Sami or Nicole should have the baby and it should be in a foster care home decided by social services or the Child Services office in Salem or the state.

Ciara, you don't know your husband is acting weird, that it is the anniversary of his killing Paige, and he is playing with a necktie. You also didn't notice that you did not close the door to the hotel room, it did not close on its own and you didn't notice anyone in the room?

Eve and Vincent sure hustled to get out of the Hideout Hotel before the cops came.

Rafe is almost pleasant when he doesn't have a major role.

The dorm room in the deserted housing complex was creepy. Ciara, you run away and call the cops before your husband does do something to you. You don't know that he has been brainwashed and this is not who he is right now. Run far, and fast.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The stuff with Ben and Ciara really made me sad. I know this is a great acting opportunity for Victoria, but I don't relish seeing fear written across her face or her eyes welling up with tears as she realizes the man she's had total blind faith in for like 2 years is about to murder her. I may have occasionally said awful things about these characters, but I'm not a total monster. I hope she kicks him in the balls, smashes his teeth against the shower tile and beats him with a chair.

Sadly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm at the point with this storyline where I wouldn't mind if Ciara went all Jodi Arias on Ben's ass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Nicole is just so gross and I cannot stand to look at her. She and Eric are newlyweds, shouldn't they be having fun away from the drama.. She is obsessed with Sami, first  her daughter Sydneyand now her grandson..  I have said many times that Eric is just a doofus who should have told his wife that she needs to mind her own business..

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

But nope, it left doors open for Nicole to eavesdrop and even though well-intentioned, still go running to Eric and Belle to maybe get the baby away from Sami. No, neither Sami or Nicole should have the baby and it should be in a foster care home decided by social services or the Child Services office in Salem or the state.

Nope, not well-intentioned at all! Nicole has done everything in her power to antagonize Sami since Allie showed up. She is upping the ante now. I have a word for her but.

In no way should this child be in foster care. So many family members with money and means and who want to help this baby! Just cause Allie is a 21 year old idiot, doesn't mean the child should go into foster care.  Think about all of the relatives who could care for that baby:

• Belle and Shawn
  • Kate (!)
  • Lucas, the grandfather FFS
  • Sami
  • Marlena
  • Will and Sonny
  • Roman, Kayla and any other Brady
  • Eric and the C U Next Tuesday (and I used to like her)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

16 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Nicole is just so gross and I cannot stand to look at her. She and Eric are newlyweds, shouldn't they be having fun away from the drama.. She is obsessed with Sami, first  her daughter Sydneyand now her grandson..  I have said many times that Eric is just a doofus who should have told his wife that she needs to mind her own business..

I just cant buy this holier than thou act she likes to put on especially when you consider her past . She is mother Theresa now because she happens to be married to Father Theresa and it is expected of her to be a "saint" . She probably views her marriege to Eric as a giant " F --- You" towards Sami .   

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, DanaMB said:

As long as he aint shoved down my throat ,Im okay with him .

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No, neither Sami or Nicole should have the baby and it should be in a foster care home decided by social services or the Child Services office in Salem or the state.

Why put the baby in foster care when he has like 500 relatives in town who could look after him until a legal arrangement is made or Allie's immature, dumb ass comes back? It would just make the most sense imo for Sami and/or Lucas to take the baby while legal proceedings get under way. But that's too easy I guess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why put the baby in foster care when he has like 500 relatives in town who could look after him until a legal arrangement is made or Allie's immature, dumb ass comes back? It would just make the most sense imo for Sami and/or Lucas to take the baby while legal proceedings get under way. But that's too easy I guess.

Realistically I think social services would have to be involved since Allie ran off and abandoned the baby and would sign guardianship of the baby probably to Sami until they decide on custody but this is a soap lol.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Realistically I think social services would have to be involved since Allie ran off and abandoned the baby and would sign guardianship of the baby probably to Sami until they decide on custody but this is a soap lol.

Exactly. This is what would happen. And they should have just had that happen so there was some semblance of realism. They could then have Nicole and Eric start proceedings to get custody based on the letter. And then they would lose because it's bullshit lol. And then Allie would come back and see that Sami has the baby and cause drama because she's a stupid idiot. There, now your story sorta kinda has logic but you also get to do the stupid shit you obviously wanna do. It's not that hard, Ron. And you were a lawyer!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Exactly. This is what would happen. And they should have just had that happen so there was some semblance of realism. They could then have Nicole and Eric start proceedings to get custody based on the letter. And then they would lose because it's bullshit lol. And then Allie would come back and see that Sami has the baby and cause drama because she's a stupid idiot. There, now your story sorta kinda has logic but you also get to do the stupid shit you obviously wanna do. It's not that hard, Ron. And you were a lawyer!

I bet he was a lawyer just as good as Justin.

And I also bet Ron has a cowboy hat.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

So Nicole is now the new Julie, telling people deeply personal yet also deeply hurtful information because she thinks they have a right to know and NOT because she gets satisfaction out of stirring the pot and causing mayhem.  I can appreciate that Belle's refusal to help Sami fight for custody stems from her anger that Sami said some horribly cruel things to her dad and not because Sami and John's argument caused him to collapse.

I really enjoyed the scenes between Eve and Paige, especially Paige's pointing out that Eve is dooming Hope to the exact pain that she herself suffers and I was surprised that they actually showed just how brutal Paige's death was.  I'm also enjoying the hell out of Ben losing  his grip on his sanity while Ciara looks properly terrified--damn good acting by everyone.  I also kind of hope that Eve and Hope go to Paige's dorm room and help talk Ben down.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

I wish the Paige/Eve reunion was a bit less casual and energetic. Typically ghosts who visit speak in a more serene way. It just felt like Paige was alive and a physical presence, giving her idiot mother shit again LOL.

Edit: OMG Paige saying it's nuts to be angry with everyone who forgave Ben and that he "was mentally ill!!1!" while Eve asks how the hell she can defend him...

....I had to laugh.

I am Eve and this crackpot show is Paige.

So people who have been brutally murdered should come back to roll their eyes at their grieving loved ones for not handwaving the murderer's culpability?

Ron? Go kick rocks.

Paige not wanting Eve to be miserable and make Hope a grieving mother, I get. Would have been a nice touch for Ghost Paige to reference that Hope has already lost Zach and couldn't survive another loss.

Would be nice to think of Paige and Zach as afterlife buddies.

Also Hope? Your daughter's life's in danger and you're making out with your boss/co-worker, on the first day back at your job, in a crime scene. Come on woman.

Great acting by VC today. I feel like the show is trying to convince us to fear and dislike Ben though.

Do they want the leading man to be a serial killer who is attractive because we know he'll kill..? I don't get what they're going for. If they wanted him to be rootable, this ain't the way.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 11

Yes I wish Paige brought up Zach that would've been a nice touch. I get wanting Paige to save her mother's soul at least what's left of it but having her ghost absolve him won't make me like him more in fact it has the opposite effect.

• Love 11

Run Ciara run!

i don’t believe that is Paiges ghost. It’s Eve hallucination Repeating  all the Salem talking points.   Paige was much smarter and understood her mom better than this conversation.  
  Eric at least you tried to make Nicole stop talking.  Nicole took way too much joy and telling Belle what Sami said.  And I like Nicole. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So Nicole is now the new Julie, telling people deeply personal yet also deeply hurtful information because she thinks they have a right to know and NOT because she gets satisfaction out of stirring the pot and causing mayhem.

And this is not the first time in recent weeks where Nicole has inserted herself into her new husband's family affairs--and without talking to him about it first.  And he just stands there like a doofus. There is really nothing to like about Eric anymore.

• Love 8

So why is this show working SO HARD to make Nicole so unlikable?  She eavesdrops on a private conversation IN A CHAPEL and immediately goes beetling over to Belle to tattle.  She says something like "Your going to find out anyway" basically forgetting to add "because I'm going to tell you."  She didn't even pause a beat, much less ask Eric if HE thought Belle needed to know this.  She can talk all she wants about "She just wants what's best for the baby," but clearly, it is all about beating Sami.  They could be fighting over the last blueberry muffin for all Nicole actually cares about the kid.

• Love 9

If the goal is to make me root (hard!!) for Sami, then good job, writers. Everyone else in Salem can take a flying leap off a short pier.

Way to be professionals, Rafe and Hope. 

I guess it's too much to hope that Ben strangles Ciara (love in the afternoon, ya know), then finds Eve, does the same to her, then strangles himself. Vincent can stay. I'm so over this stupid story.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

So why is this show working SO HARD to make Nicole so unlikable?  She eavesdrops on a private conversation IN A CHAPEL and immediately goes beetling over to Belle to tattle.  She says something like "Your going to find out anyway" basically forgetting to add "because I'm going to tell you."  She didn't even pause a beat, much less ask Eric if HE thought Belle needed to know this.  She can talk all she wants about "She just wants what's best for the baby," but clearly, it is all about beating Sami.  They could be fighting over the last blueberry muffin for all Nicole actually cares about the kid.

I think Nicole is being written in character and I have always hated her so kudos writers.

What wasn't believable to me was when Nicole was assumed to be dead and everyone just nodded along when Eric would go on about what a good, caring, wonderful person Nicole was. She is an selfish, nasty human being who will use whomever to get want she wants. It is just fortunate that the Eric was the man that loved her more than anyone because his seal of approval was enough for his family to accept her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, lb60 said:

Vincent can stay. I'm so over this stupid story.

Vincent had me at making fun of Ciara's name for being pretentious for a girl who comes from Irish mid-Western stock. Of course what he doesn't know is that Ciara was named for a briefly famous mid-2000's R&B star that brought us such memorable hits as "My Goodies" and "1-2 Step."

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 9

I know we have been having to listen to Ciara defend the serial killer that she is madly in love with for years, but ugh. If they gloss over this what we saw today I'll be pissed. Yes I know he's brainwashed but that was terrifying. Begging "please dont kill me" was disturbing.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Kassie Depaiva is just too damn awesome for words. no matter how stupid or absurd the story is, she always brings her A game..  Alot of Eve's hatred of Ben is also mixed with self-hatred. Eve was not a good mother to Paige, she knows this and she can never make it up to her baby girl and her guilt, shame, grief and regret are driving her insane.  

I have no words for Nicole.. 

How can Ron expect people to root for Ben after we witnessed Paige's brutal murder again. Not to mention, how used to taunt JJ about her death, I believe he told him once that his girlfriend was worm food now with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes.

I feel no sympathy whatsoever for Ciara.

Hope was getting back to being so cool and likable until today, why Hope? why? Are you that horny that you have to get mixed up with that dullard.. Why must the women on this show have to always be so damn pathetic... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9