Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

After all these years, why is Philip Kiriakis back?  Out of nowhere, he wants to run Titan? There has to be more to it. Not just a chance to spend time with dear old dad. And he can certainly run his own company.

Sami, you could have taken a minute to call 911 before tending to John. If he recovers and doesn't have memory loss, he will tell Doc that Sami was yelling at him about Allie, the baby, Nicole and Eric, etc.

Xander looked too content with his name on the desk. Probably won't last long and he will be relegated to Executive Vice President. Both he and Philip should have to work for the position.

Sarah just could have ordered some flowers instead of the what's left of any kinds of balloons in the store.

Thought Belle and Shawn had worked past Philip.

How convenient that Sonny has a good job opportunity - in Arizona! He really could just fly out a couple times per month and do the rest with technology in Salem. Is Gabi going to agree to let him take Ari there? Granted, she doesn't spend much time with her so seeing her on school breaks and summer would work out.

• Love 1

I think you may have a point about Sami's return a lot of these episodes were taped before Days got renewed again so I'm wondering how this will end vs what the new episodes would bring. 

Yes Marlena always had selective set of rules for people she likes vs who she doesn't.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think you may have a point about Sami's return a lot of these episodes were taped before Days got renewed again so I'm wondering how this will end vs what the new episodes would bring. 

Yes Marlena always had selective set of rules for people she likes vs who she doesn't.

If Marlena can be nice and respectful to Kristen, Ben and Nicole who have all tried to kill her at some point, she can treat her firstborn daughter Sami with some type of decency..  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

So, I see Marlena's plan is working.  

She has a fight with Sami - one she set up - and goes out to buy "formula".  Meanwhile, back home, the effects of the drug she slipped into John's metamucil is starting to work.  He blows a gasket, as planned, and best of all, she'll be able to blame Sami for it.

Now, when Vincent's plan for Ben to kill Ciara works, (Marlena and Vincent have been working together, little does Eve know) and with John either permanently incapacitated or dead, she and Ben can finally be together forever.  He's a man who appreciates a good pantsuit, and she's a woman who loves a man handy with a necktie.....

Marlena and Ben, a love meant for the ages...

Sami, Belle, Eric ??  Meet your new Daddy!

Off topic - do you think Sonny will wear shorts with his suitcoats when he moves to Phoenix?

ETA - Count me underwhelmed by JKJ's return as Philip.  Best I can say is that least they didn't bring back John-Paul Lavoisier, so there's that.  I didn't mind him back in the day but he was still a could take or leave him guy for me.  But he could do with a deep wash and maybe some tuck-pointing, and drop the Texas Chainsaw Massacre smile.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 21
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

How convenient that Sonny has a good job opportunity - in Arizona! He really could just fly out a couple times per month and do the rest with technology in Salem. Is Gabi going to agree to let him take Ari there? Granted, she doesn't spend much time with her so seeing her on school breaks and summer would work out.

Only convenient because his older brothers set up the company. Thank god for nepotism. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, boes said:

She has a fight with Sami - one she set up - and goes out to buy "formula".  Meanwhile, back home, the effects of the drug she slipped into John's metamucil is starting to work.  He blows a gasket, as planned, and best of all, she'll be able to blame Sami for it.

Now, when Vincent's plan for Ben to kill Ciara works, (Marlena and Vincent have been working together, little does Eve know) and with John either permanently incapacitated or dead, she and Ben can finally be together forever.  He's a man who appreciates a good pantsuit, and she's a woman who loves a man handy with a necktie.....

Marlena and Ben, a love meant for the ages...

Sami, Belle, Eric ??  Meet your new Daddy!

Off topic - do you think Sonny will wear shorts with his suitcoats when he moves to Phoenix?

ETA - Count me underwhelmed by JKJ's return as Philip.  Best I can say is that least they didn't bring back John-Paul Lavoisier, so there's that.  I didn't mind him back in the day but he was still a could take or leave him guy for me.  But he could do with a deep wash and maybe some tuck-pointing, and drop the Texas Chainsaw Massacre smile.

Ha!/Ewww on the first part of your post 🤣 and yup to the last. I think if Philip could manage to tilt his head just so that his chin isn't 3 inches up in the air, that would be a big improvement as well.

I definitely didn't like him showing up in a sinister fashion and demanding the job at Titan, because it seemed like a pretty sniveling and weak thing to do (something I would expect the John-Paul version of the character to do, not this one). I'm surprised they didn't write him as having built some company off screen that Victor would be tempted to add to the Titan portfolio.

I was glad they at least mentioned the Deimos stuff and the torture, because it was such a weird note to end Philip's story on. Philip definitely has reason to be upset with Victor, but to ignore him for years and then just march into the house wanting the top job at the company? Why would Victor say yes to that?

I realize he's a bad guy, but the way the younger men in his life treat him makes me feel like Victor is kind of emotionally abused. The only thing he's good for anymore - at least according to Xander, Brady and Philip - is to make people the head of Titan.

...and even with regards to that, I'm confused. Didn't he lose all power at Titan when Deimos took it over after poisoning Maggie and causing her to fall down the stairs and lose the ability to walk? I felt like from that point onward Victor was never again in any kind of position of power with the company. Is there a detailed I've missed that explains why he's able to crown people CEO?

I kind of love how, just like with being the Bella Covergirl, Ciara has completely forgotten all about working at Titan.

Why is Sean immediately getting upset at the sight of Philip if he saw him last Christmas for the high school reunion in New York? I found the Digital Series silly, but I remember him and Phillip being civil at least. Is the show just not acknowledging the events of those episodes now?

I feel like Ron is setting us up for Belle and Marlena taking turns slapping Sami at the hospital when it comes out she was arguing with John prior to his collapse. Ron should just do an all-slaps episode and maybe get it out of his system in one shot, because this kind of plotting is very transparent and frankly excruciating.

It's no fun for Sami to show up and have literally everybody hating her by the time she leaves. Under Ron's pen, she ruined John and Marlena's wedding by accidentally nearly shooting her mother (even though it ended up being Xander).... She got Ben to re-murder Will just to jog his memories of her (completely insane)... She slept with Rafe and effectively nearly ruined his marriage to Hope before it started (not entirely her fault or responsibility, but still)... And now she's (deep breath!) told Rafe to butt out, made Will cover up the fact that she told Rafe to butt out, has accidentally lied about the circumstances of John's collapse to Belle and Marlena, and had both Allie and Lucas ripping into her for being a lousy person, physically assaulted Nicole at her wedding and verbally assaulted her afterwards and got into a fight with Eric over custody...!!!

I realize she is supposed to be an exciting character, but can't they just have her do something nice and simple like take everyone out for dinner or something, just to mix it up a little?

...the Sonny company thing was....fine, I guess but wouldn't he have already mentioned it to Will if he and his brothers were trying to get a company off the ground months ago? Of course he would have. That's the kind of thing spouses do. I guess they could have covered for it by saying that the project was started while Will was in prison, but even an excuse like that was apparently too much effort to come up with. 🙄 This is being pulled out of Ron's ass, and I don't completely hate the concept, but all of today's scenes with them were so freaking boring and again Ron tried to play the "are we breaking up now?" card which just annoyed me. These guys shouldn't be adopting a baby or a puppy if one of them jumps immediately to the conclusion that they're about to have a break up in the midst of every conversation.

And how ridiculous was it that Sonny said "there's tons of newspapers in Phoenix" so Will will easily get a job because he's so amazing?! Writers can work from anywhere, true, and amazing writers can definitely find work, but writing is not a job that pays well, least of all if it's for a newspaper because newspapers are dying. Any writer, especially an amazing one, would be quick to point that out. You would also think Will would show some concern for the fact that he's completely abandoning The Spectator without so much as a word to Jennifer and Jack.

This is a show written by writers and it bums me out that none of them have done even a remotely decent job of showing what that career can be like. Will's great writing career has been a joke almost from the beginning. Remember that magazine he wrote for where he did the whole expose about his mother, Abifail and EJ? That would be quite the blemish on most resumes. If memory serves, we've never even seen him in the Town Square covering a local event, not even Hope and Steve receiving their keys to the city. Just sticking him in the background of the scenes with a pen and a paper would have reinforced the idea that he does his job capably. Instead, he doesn't even seem to have a laptop to work off of.

But sure, he's "amazing!" - If you say so.

I have a sneaky suspicion Gabi had better be the one bringing in the bucks because otherwise Ari's two daddy's are not going to be able to cover her college tuition, in spite of their "amazing" abilities.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That was strange.  The show has been on a tear lately with starting the episode in flashback mode or by repeating the end of the previous show at the beginning of the current show.   But today with Sami and John, I'm pretty sure they showed a completely different take.  Was there a pen yesterday?  I also think she had her back to him for a while when he first had his neck issue.

Yes! I've always been kind of fascinated with the way soaps repeat certain scenes and have the actors do different takes when it comes to ending one episode and starting another. This time around, it was definitely strange that Sami didn't turn her back away from John at the start of today's episode. I think Alison's instincts were right at the end of Tuesday's episode, because turning her back meant Sami was ranting and not immediately noticing that John was having a medical problem. Staring him in the face and ranting at him while he's having a medical problem is much worse. So all this to say, I preferred the take at the end of Tuesday's episode to the take used at the start of today's episode. I'm wondering if the camera setup was different, or if they filmed it on a different day, or if Allison just forgot between the two takes that she turned her back at one point.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, boes said:

Marlena was at her best when she was a serial killer. Shame that went away.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

They keep presenting Victor as stupid went it comes to this CEO thing. First giving it to Brady when he knew Brady was furious at him and wanted revenge, now considering giving it to Phillip when they have had zero contact for years. What does Phillip know about the company? Can anybody just step in and run the thing without any knowledge of the current situation (I have no clue what titan does).  Say what you like about Xander but he has the best interests of the company at heart and has kept up with it over the last few months when it has had no CEO at all (so apparently can function without one). Victor would be a moron to hand it over to Phillip so I am expecting him to do it

Is Phillip's return long term? I always hated this character 😞

• Love 5
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

They keep presenting Victor as stupid went it comes to this CEO thing. First giving it to Brady when he knew Brady was furious at him and wanted revenge, now considering giving it to Phillip when they have had zero contact for years. What does Phillip know about the company? Can anybody just step in and run the thing without any knowledge of the current situation (I have no clue what titan does).  Say what you like about Xander but he has the best interests of the company at heart and has kept up with it over the last few months when it has had no CEO at all (so apparently can function without one). Victor would be a moron to hand it over to Phillip so I am expecting him to do it

Is Phillip's return long term? I always hated this character 😞

I'm pretty sure that Titan makes all it's money from laundromats.  World wide.  All Philip really has to do is travel around and collect all those quarters and restock the laundry detergent dispensers.  Victor has a room in the basement where he takes a daily swim in a lake of change.  Very refreshing.

Years ago they branched out into Gas Station condom dispensers, but that led to a war with DiMera.  Titan gave it up, though, since it's not as much fun to swim in a sea of those, unless, of course, you're Stefano.  Sure wish he'd worn more of them, but that's another story.....

You don't want to mess with captains of industry like these guys.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Is CEO the only job at Titan? Why can't both of them work there? 

Yes. Yes, it is. Titan has no employees, business model, industry sector, market share, facilities, product lines, services or reason to exist at all.  And yet these fools are constantly at war over its phantom "business."

Edited to add: Okay, maybe the worldwide coin laundry thing.

Edited by Sandman
Pop-Up Victor McDuck!
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, boes said:

I'm pretty sure that Titan makes all it's money from laundromats.  World wide.  All Philip really has to do is travel around and collect all those quarters and restock the laundry detergent dispensers.  Victor has a room in the basement where he takes a daily swim in a lake of change.  Very refreshing.

So he's Scrooge McDuck?

• LOL 8
3 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

So he's Scrooge McDuck?

He is!

giphy.gif

I'll let you guess which ones of the younger generation are Huey, Louie and Dewey.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Is Phillip's return long term? I always hated this character

I will spoiler what I think I know.

Spoiler

I think it started short term but turned into something longer term.  He'll be filming again after they come back.

Today was kind of boring but I am glad they showed the WilSon and Gabi scenes.  The show skips over logistical conversations sometimes for convenience so I really thought we'd next see them talking about how Gabi had agreed to let Ari go to AZ which wouldn't have made much sense to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ciara: sex is the answer to everything!

How was Vincent to know it would be Ben that would answer the door? Also, with the nightly room rate, why don't those two just move into a place of their own? (Yes I realize that would mean the show would actually have to dress a set.)

Why did Sonny and Will just assume Gabi would be totally fine with her daughter moving with them to a different state? Has it ever been explained why Ari lives with them rather than Gabi? Or are we to assume they actually have shared custody that we just never see?

• Love 5

So, Will & Sonny think Gabi is going to be fine with them just taking her out of state?!  Wouldnt there be some kind of legal papers setting out which set of parents has custody & what the rules would be for taking Ari out of state?  Gabi should tell them she will see them in Court.   The Rafe/Hope scenes were awkward.  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

So, Will & Sonny think Gabi is going to be fine with them just taking her out of state?!  Wouldnt there be some kind of legal papers setting out which set of parents has custody & what the rules would be for taking Ari out of state?  Gabi should tell them she will see them in Court.   The Rafe/Hope scenes were awkward.  

Gabi tried the same trick with Will and Sonny. She was going to model in NYC a few years ago and told Will and Sonny she was taking Ari with her.

Boring episode today.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Ciara: sex is the answer to everything!

How was Vincent to know it would be Ben that would answer the door? Also, with the nightly room rate, why don't those two just move into a place of their own? (Yes I realize that would mean the show would actually have to dress a set.)

Why did Sonny and Will just assume Gabi would be totally fine with her daughter moving with them to a different state? Has it ever been explained why Ari lives with them rather than Gabi? Or are we to assume they actually have shared custody that we just never see?

Pretty sure they share custody.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Well Gabi thought Will/Sonny would be ok with her doing the same thing a few years back when she was married to Nick and got that modeling job in New York. Of course I bet that wasn't brought up.

I think Gabi's reaction is understandable but so was Will/Sonny's at the time. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

Pretty sure they share custody.

In yesterday's episode, Sonny mentioned that Ari splits her time between Gabi and them and in today's episode, I liked how Gabi pointed out how disruptive it would be to Ari's life to just up and move to another state--neither Will or Sonny took into account how Ari would react, they're just assuming she'll be okay with it.  They really do need to actually think their plan through, especially when it comes to shared custody with Gabi.

I loved that Jake called Gabi "Gabs"--that one made me smile.  I didn't however enjoy watching Gwen and Chad manipulate him, though I would pay cash money to see Jake put Chad through a wall--he has a definite beat down coming his way.

So glad Eve took that stupid wig off but I was laughing at her astonishment that Claire told the cops that she's around--did Eve really think Claire would keep quiet?

• Love 6

Ok Vincent that's how you get the job done! 

I rather endure a root canal than to endure those God awful pointless Rope scenes. What was the point? Of course Rafe is the first person to call when your washing machine won't start 🙄

• LOL 7

Am I to understand the show finally addressed the fact that Sonny and his endless, needless parade of suits haven't had a job in eons, but only as part of the exit story?

That's some sense of humor you got there, Show.

• LOL 3

This Ben story is gross. I know many of you have been saying it forever and I totally get that, but I liked Cin (losing it quickly though) and can’t understand why a show that is trying (hahaha) to redeem a serial killer is doing this. It’s like all the times Ben threatens to strangle someone. 

Just so gross. They’re losing me quickly and I can tolerate a lot In dark romances (in fiction). But not this. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I would just go to the laundromat to do the laundry - heck, even Julie's or anyone who might be able to let me do a load of laundry there, and, depending on the age of the washing machine and if it's worth fixing, call a repair company the next day or buy a new one. Not call Rafe.  My cousin's husband has helped me out with a few minor things in my home (i.e. he has tools) and that's it. Hope's house just looks like a room in Rafe's house.

How can Ciara and Ben afford the Salem Inn over a long period of time? I can see a long weekend, but surely they can live at Grandpa Vic's or somewhere much less expensive. And room service is expensive. How could Vincent know that Ben would answer the door? That ice cream looked really frozen for sitting out for maybe 15 minutes or so. And now the dose is done. Maybe this stupid story will come to an end.

Why haven't Salem's finest checked out the Hideout Hotel yet?

Can't wait til 'simple, naive' Jake realizes he is being manipulated by Gwen and Chad. And that Gwen and Chad know they are manipulating one another. The story is a bit sleazy.

Will and Sonny need to meet with a custody lawyer to discuss any arrangements to move Ari to another state. Gabi needs one too. Shared custody can be expensive. Who is going to pay all the airfare to fly Ari out? Gabi's earnings from DiMera? Sonny's start-up company money? And you can't just uproot a kid's life. I can see moving around Christmastime to start January classes. It's tough as a kid Ari's age will have a routine, hobbies, classes, friends, activities, etc. Such an ill-advised plan.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Will and Sonny need to meet with a custody lawyer to discuss any arrangements to move Ari to another state. Gabi needs one too. Shared custody can be expensive. Who is going to pay all the airfare to fly Ari out? Gabi's earnings from DiMera? Sonny's start-up company money? And you can't just uproot a kid's life. I can see moving around Christmastime to start January classes. It's tough as a kid Ari's age will have a routine, hobbies, classes, friends, activities, etc. Such an ill-advised plan.

Well certainly not Sonny who has has been unemployed these last three years or soon to be unemployed Will when they move to Arizona as print media is a dying business and Will sucks as a writer.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Bored Cabin Fever GIF by chuber channel

My thoughts on today's show. lol

At least Nibbles* kept her fingers out of her mouth. Well, I think she did. I really can't look at her.

*I think a poster's mom coined that nickname, which I love.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

This Ben story is gross. I know many of you have been saying it forever and I totally get that, but I liked Cin (losing it quickly though) and can’t understand why a show that is trying (hahaha) to redeem a serial killer is doing this. It’s like all the times Ben threatens to strangle someone. 

Just so gross. They’re losing me quickly and I can tolerate a lot In dark romances (in fiction). But not this. 

They want us to feel sorry for the serial killer. 

They want us to witness how strong their love is since Ciara's love will deactivate  Ben's brainwashing. 

Ugh!

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rafael said:

They want us to feel sorry for the serial killer. 

They want us to witness how strong their love is since Ciara's love will deactivate  Ben's brainwashing. 

Well, IMO, they're wasting everyone's time. Because even as a CIN fan, even I'M getting sick of this bullshit storyline.

• Love 4

We've only had two days of it, and I'm already sick of the Sonny got a Job in Phoenix storyline. I couldn't see a single reason why Gabi would fly off the handle the way she did today. She and the boys have always had pretty good communication with one another. Today she was almost hysterical with the yelling and overreacting. It seems like most of the characters have been lately though. It's so annoying.

Gwen and her ugly evening wear can go flying out a window anytime now. I haven't liked Chad for a while, but even I feel badly for him being in the middle of this storyline.

Good point about Kate and Abe, Raphael. I remember Abe being upset with Jennifer, but I don't remember if he ever found out that Kate put Theo up to it. It makes me very sad that Theo, the sweet little boy we saw grow up on the show for the last few years, is not a priority for Abe at all. Abe's barely been a part of Lani's stories, but I'm still irritated that she gets more time with him than Theo does.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Rafael said:

They want us to witness how strong their love is since Ciara's love will deactivate Ben's brainwashing. 

It's only fair, really, since being in love with BOllie seems to have deactivated Ciara's brain. (Waa-waaaah.)

(I'll show myself out.)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, lb60 said:

At least Nibbles* kept her fingers out of her mouth. Well, I think she did. I really can't look at her.

*I think a poster's mom coined that nickname, which I love.

😂 that would be my mom. I crack up now every time Gwen puts her finger in her mouth.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I rather endure a root canal than to endure those God awful pointless Rope scenes. What was the point? Of course Rafe is the first person to call when your washing machine won't start 🙄

And Hope can certainly afford to call a repair man or better yet get a new washing machine, as Rafe said he told her she needed a new one eons ago. And by God that room was fugly! One wall Looks like it was covered in black smoke or mold stains. Do do not share her taste🤢

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I would just go to the laundromat to do the laundry - heck, even Julie's or anyone who might be able to let me do a load of laundry there, and, depending on the age of the washing machine and if it's worth fixing, call a repair company the next day or buy a new one. Not call Rafe.  My cousin's husband has helped me out with a few minor things in my home (i.e. he has tools) and that's it. Hope's house just looks like a room in Rafe's house.

How can Ciara and Ben afford the Salem Inn over a long period of time? I can see a long weekend, but surely they can live at Grandpa Vic's or somewhere much less expensive. And room service is expensive. How could Vincent know that Ben would answer the door? That ice cream looked really frozen for sitting out for maybe 15 minutes or so. And now the dose is done. Maybe this stupid story will come to an end.

Why haven't Salem's finest checked out the Hideout Hotel yet?

Can't wait til 'simple, naive' Jake realizes he is being manipulated by Gwen and Chad. And that Gwen and Chad know they are manipulating one another. The story is a bit sleazy.

So someone who was in the making of commercials business once told me that they used mashed potatoes I believe it was, in the place of ice cream because it looked just like it On camera and it didn’t melt. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

And Hope can certainly afford to call a repair man or better yet get a new washing machine, as Rafe said he told her she needed a new one eons ago. And by God that room was fugly! One wall Looks like it was covered in black smoke or mold stains. Do do not share her taste🤢

The - newish sets, like Hope's one-room house and Kayla's one room condo are just plain butt ugly.  The curtains look they were pulled from Walmart's bargain bin and the furniture looks too cheap even for Ross Dress For Less odd lot cast offs.  The DiMera mansion has been reduced to just the study and one bedroom, and the bedroom looks like the honeymoon suite at at the Freddy Krueger Weekend Getaway Spa.  Everything, except the Kiriakis Mansion, (for the most part) just looks so cheap.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I agree about Vincent.  Apparently, he realized he wasted too much time talking last time and has learned from his mistake.  I really like him as a mad scientist.  They haven't managed to turn him in to a cartoon (yet.)  He's cold, calculating, unemotional and isn't over the top EVIL.  

Yes, are we really supposed to think it is somehow charming or engaging to watch 2 people in the 40's or 50's behave like awkward middle-schoolers?  For the record, it is not.   

I really wanted Jake to tell Gwen that since being around Chad was so hard for her, he was inviting her to move out.

• Love 6

Ciara: I'm supes worries about Ben, but let me nag you for 15 minutes about the highschool crush you have on my moooooooom.

Also Ciara: Ben, you totes need to forgive yourself for being a serial killer! I mean, one of the people you killed isn't even dead anymore. Duh.

I say this as a person who loathes the character of Ben Weston, and I was initially peeved when I read spoilers that "Ben comforts Marlena". However, in reality the scene played out well. He was there for an appointment, it's not like he just rushed over when he heard the news about John. He comforted her as a friend would. I'm not getting into the debate about Ben propping, Marlena's unhealthy love for him, etc. But just for a pure "I was there, you were hurting, I offered support" standpoint, the scene worked for me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I liked the scenes between Hope, Kayla, and Jennifer.  We need more friends scenes.

I agree, those were the best part of the show for me.  Jennifer is like that friend we've all had, the one who always has strong opinons on everything and always has advice, both of which are pretty much always wrong.  But that never stops her.

I was puzzled by why she and Jack were so hot on Eve being caught since what she did to and with Jack is old news by Salem standards, and her problems with Eve are even longer ago.  By Salem standards, they should all be bosom buddies by now.  Or is this just Jennifer's constant need to stick her nose into everything?

Marlena, you're under a lot of stress and your best bud Ben is, too.  Why don't you both take a much needed break and go do something relaxing like.....naked yoga?  Go on, Marlena, you know you want to.  Poor Ben, just imagine people STILL being angry at him because he killed their loved ones when he's all better now?

Ciara knows that he's better, she does!  He proves it every day because he ....doesn't kill her, and is a good lay?  I'm trying to think of another reason for her certainty......nope, that's all I got.  What cool love those two have, huh?  Nothing says it better than Ciara promising to kill Eve if she sees her.  SUCH a special person, that Ciara, I can see why the whole town is so proud.

Frankly, Ben is a whole lot less annoying than Ciara is.  She takes entitled to whole other level.

Why is everyone in town so worried about John?  Either he or Marlena are in danger or in the hospital or brainwashed or kidnapped at least 4 times a year and they always manage to be just fine.  They're both like those ads for Levitra and Metamucil we see on tv all the time.

And JUST as entertaining!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Ben, you totes need to forgive yourself for being a serial killer! I mean, one of the people you killed isn't even dead anymore. Duh.

I'd swear that this is exactly how the writers think about the character, and how they think the audience ought to feel. 

• Love 10

I have kinda forgotten about the time jump and am watching the show on current time.

Kayla, it is August. Unless you are working in a super-cold hospital or office, that dress is a little too warm. I'd be sweating buckets in it. Save it for late September or early October. The only bonus is that it is at least age-appropriate. You, Jen, and Hope seem to be dressed for three different seasons and three different occasions.

Nice of Jack to spend time with Steve, visiting John. At least he is trying to make some friends.

If I was Ciara, I'd be worried about my new husband, especially if he has no memory of what happened to him and is acting strangely. I'd probably be staying with my mom or Grandpa until I have some idea what is going on.

Marlena has her own problems and Ben Weston's, although a nice diversion, are not worth her time right now. Maybe she should use the hospital shower and put on some sweats or other comfy outfit.

Paige has been gone that long? Seemed like it was just a couple of years ago.

Guess someone at the Hideout Hotel snitched. Wonder where they found that bedspread.

• Love 3

Lets see , gabi got passed around the Horton clan when she was involved with Will ,Nick ,JJ  and Eli . And now she is being passed around the DiMeras . She slept with Chad and Stefan (ugh) and i bet yal she will hit the sheets with Jake (ugh). 

You have to hand it to her ,she sure knows how to keep it in the family!

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It's hard to believe it's been six years since Paige was murdered.

Yeah it doesn't feel that long ago although the last time we saw the character was in the Halloween episode where she stabbed Lani in HTS about 3 years ago.

Which I guess to me means not many memorable things have happened since the Neck Tie Killings on this show.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, boes said:

Ciara knows that he's better, she does!  He proves it every day because he ....doesn't kill her, and is a good lay?  I'm trying to think of another reason for her certainty......nope, that's all I got.  What cool love those two have, huh?  Nothing says it better than Ciara promising to kill Eve if she sees her.  SUCH a special person, that Ciara, I can see why the whole town is so proud.

How I wish someone would say these exact words to Corday, Ron and Co. Couldn't have worded it better.

19 hours ago, boes said:

Why is everyone in town so worried about John?

He can drop dead and all they would need to do is inject him with the Dr. Rolfe Magic Serum and voila.

See Ron, once you introduce something like that, it completely destroys the stakes for the rest of the show every time someone has a medical crisis.

16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I have kinda forgotten about the time jump and am watching the show on current time.

In a weird way, because 2020 has been a writeoff due to covid-19, it may end up working out for the best. If there is a viable vaccine by November and we don't have to walk around wearing masks, then technically the ridiculous timejump might actually have saved the show from having to depict 10 months of people wearing masks. Of course I don't really think we'll have a cure by November or that the masks will cease to be necessary, but it's kind of interesting how what I always thought of as a really dumb stunt kind of helped the show skip over a major world event that would have probably interfered with the stories.

22 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

I say this as a person who loathes the character of Ben Weston, and I was initially peeved when I read spoilers that "Ben comforts Marlena". However, in reality the scene played out well. He was there for an appointment, it's not like he just rushed over when he heard the news about John. He comforted her as a friend would. I'm not getting into the debate about Ben propping, Marlena's unhealthy love for him, etc. But just for a pure "I was there, you were hurting, I offered support" standpoint, the scene worked for me.

I was kind of feeling the same way....until I remembered that Ben knocked Marlena out in that exact same office and no one in the show has addressed it since. But then that's just another reason why she shouldn't have him as a patient. I will always be disappointed in Marlena that she doesn't have the same level of hatred towards Ben that Eve does. Marlena is supposed to love Will like crazy. I miss when those two had an actual relationship. I doubt he will even get a goodbye moment with her before leaving town, if that happens.

If I've never watched the show, I would agree that Ben's casual support of Marlena in that scene wouldn't bother me, but considering the history I hate his guts.

Now WTH was with Eve singing along to the weird soundtrack, that started off like it was going to be a song but then never actually became one? It reminded me of that weird moaning woman singing in the background when Eve first came on the show with Paige. But this isn't that song, it's something new. Is it supposed to be a song that reminds her of Paige? Is it supposed to be one of the songs Eve recorded before she lost her voice? I have no idea but I thought it was really bizarre.

• Love 4