Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I also thought the Kate/Eve friendship that Josh Griffith was cultivating had so much potential to be awesome. It is so rare to see women being friends and supporting each other these days.  Ron just writes women as being screaming banshees, it is just exhausting at times..

Kate and Marlena are friends.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I also thought the Kate/Eve friendship that Josh Griffith was cultivating had so much potential to be awesome. It is so rare to see women being friends and supporting each other these days.  Ron just writes women as being screaming banshees, it is just exhausting at times..

At least Kate/Eve being friends makes more sense than Kate/Marlena being friends.

Same with Nicole/Chloe's absurd friendship.

• Love 3
On 8/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, boes said:

And Eric is back to his default dumb as a box of rocks with a giant stick up his ass character again.  

I keep hoping that Former Father Uncle Droopy McManpain will remember that he and Sami are twins. It wouldn't even have to be full-on twin bond, but a little bit of sibling loyalty or consideration might be nice, in view of Nicole's reflexive nastiness.

Nicole's borrowing a baby and forgetting to return it

Snerk.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I keep hoping that Former Father Uncle Droopy McManpain will remember that he and Sami are twins. It wouldn't even have to be full-on twin bond, but a little bit of sibling loyalty or consideration might be nice, in view of Nicole's reflexive nastiness.

I mean he doesn't have to admit that that Nicole confessed to murdering Deimos. But what he should have done since they read that stupid note was bow out of Allie's game of Baby Hot Potato. He wasn't even thinking about adopting this baby in the 5 long WEEKS that Allie stayed with him. He knows how Sami feels about Nicole and just because he thinks his wife is wonderful doesn't mean that Sami does or ever will. Why put himself and Nicole in the middle of this drama. 

Because Allie wanted it?

Allie also want to party hard and live off her mom's money and acting out of control. Does Eric support that as Allie wanted it.

Eric is being ridiculous. My god even dumb-dumb Rafe said a big fat nope to this drama. So that make Eric even dumber than Rafe.

• Love 13

On top of that ,Nicole getting involved in this madness increases the chance that her past actions will be scrutinised and thrown back in her face. It makes no sense that a woman who was savy enough to try to frame Marlena for Victor's death and savy enough to disguise herself as a surgeon and sabotage Chloe's facial reconstruction surgery would be dumb enough to put herself in a compromising position like this .plus she still has the Sydnapping hanging over her head . It is just plain stupid . Atleast the surrogacy  thing  we suggested would have involved consent on Allie 's part and wouldnt have invited unneccesary complications like custody hearings and so on. The only complications with the surrogacy would have been personal with Lucas ,Kate and Sami objecting to it and Roman supporting it . We could have had all these characters trying hard to convince Allie not to go throigh with it while others like Roman convince her to do it if she truly wants to do it and so forth .

Would have been confined to Allie's family life. But nah ,let Nicole put herself in a position to compromise herself . 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

Far be it for me to defend Eric as I don't particularly care much for him however I don't get why he has to be the one to exhibit family loyalty when Sami rarely offers it her damn self.

EJ has done terrible things to Sami's family members and she still wanted to be with him. Sami tried to sell Belle to the black market etc yet that seems to be ok but Eric not taking Sami's side over his own wife is suddenly wrong.   I don't recall people (unless I missed it) telling Sami to offer the same courtesy.

Eric is being the twin brother Sami truly deserves tbh.

That being said I do think they dropped the ball in not having Eric be slightly conflicted for dramatic purposes but that's about as far as it goes.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

EJ has done terrible things to Sami's family members and she still wanted to be with him. Sami tried to sell Belle to the black market etc yet that seems to be ok but Eric not taking Sami's side over his own wife is suddenly wrong.   I don't recall people (unless I missed it) telling Sami to offer the same courtesy.

I think the difference is that while Sami would have wanted anyone in her family to support  her choice in EJ, she never expected them to. Neither her parents nor Eric attended her wedding and they made it clear to Sami that they did not approve of EJ unlike how Marlena, John and Roman opened their arms to Nicole. It wasn't until EJ was killed and died in Sami's arms that her family finally relented and admitted that how much EJ meant to Sami.

I also don't think EJ/Sami vs Eric;/Nicole is not the same thing.  Sami and Nicole have been archenemies for decades. Nicole stole Sami's baby. The first time that Eric met EJ was when he was a priest and he was still acting judgmental about EJ even though by that time he hired Nicole to work at the church because he thought she was a good person despite trying to frame Jennifer for killing her baby. EJ had not done anything directly to Eric the way that Nicole did to Sami. 

Now if you said Sami got involved with Xander that would actually be closer to what Eric choosing to be with Nicole.

Finally 15 year old Sami trying to sell Belle on the blackmarket and then ultimately deciding to runaway and raise the baby as her own is not the same thing as a grown woman stealing a baby for a year and then trying to kidnap that same baby. Belle's parents forgave Sami because she was still a child and she was their child/stepchild. Sami never has to forgive a woman that she loathed for years who stole her child.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think the difference is that while Sami would have wanted anyone in her family to support  her choice in EJ, she never expected them to. Neither her parents nor Eric attended her wedding and they made it clear to Sami that they did not approve of EJ unlike how Marlena, John and Roman opened their arms to Nicole. It wasn't until EJ was killed and died in Sami's arms that her family finally relented and admitted that how much EJ meant to Sami.

I also don't think EJ/Sami vs Eric;/Nicole is not the same thing.  Sami and Nicole have been archenemies for decades. Nicole stole Sami's baby. The first time that Eric met EJ was when he was a priest and he was still acting judgmental about EJ even though by that time he hired Nicole to work at the church because he thought she was a good person despite trying to frame Jennifer for killing her baby. EJ had not done anything directly to Eric the way that Nicole did to Sami. 

Now if you said Sami got involved with Xander that would actually be closer to what Eric choosing to be with Nicole.

Finally 15 year old Sami trying to sell Belle on the blackmarket and then ultimately deciding to runaway and raise the baby as her own is not the same thing as a grown woman stealing a baby for a year and then trying to kidnap that same baby. Belle's parents forgave Sami because she was still a child and she was their child/stepchild. Sami never has to forgive a woman that she loathed for years who stole her child.

Some of this is valid and I have no issue with Sami hating Nicole however EJ did hurt members of her family that Eric loves as well so I'm not sure why Eric is supposed to placate her but she can't offer the same? Loyalty is a two way street. 

If anything Jarlena should wonder why their kids are involved with people that have tried to kill one of them at one point in time or another.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

If anything Jarlena should wonder why their kids are involved with people that have tried to kill one of them at one point in time or another.

Because everybody else is related to them?

• LOL 12
23 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Jennifer, Greta, Serena,Madison, Arianna etc weren't related to them.

Those are all women.  Does Sami have choices who aren't Rafe?

As I've said before, I spend WAY more time thinking about this show than I should😃.

Rather than the revolving door of CEO at EITHER firm, wouldn't it be a great plot if Phillip and Xander were both working for Titan?  The same thing could be done between Chad, Jake, Nicole (Basic Black) Gabi (if they didn't get rid of her) and Kristen if they INSIST on bringing her back.  They could then have plots where not only are the two companies competing, there is internal conflict and backstabbing.  They could have multiple plots of someone acting "honorably" while someone else doesn't.  Sometimes good would win, sometimes bad.  And because ALL of these characters are capable of some pretty shady stuff, it wouldn't always be the same people taking the same roles.  They could trade off on who was being "ethical" in the situation.  They could even have plots where rivals have to team up to achieve something.  Good old character driven plots, not all stupid schemes and life threatening DRAMA.  Maybe they could actually go more than 6 months without someone being in a coma.  This would also be a way to have people interact without the constant interlopers, triangles, quadrangle, etc. etc. etc.  If they did want to do a romance story, there would be a lot more opportunities for a slow burn rather than the "insta-love" we've been getting lately.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I found Lucas's reaction, and the talk about Sami's reaction, to Will and Sonny moving to be kind of silly considering Sami has been living in Europe the past few years and Lucas has been living....somewhere else? 

So it's not like they've been around Will and Sonny much in the past few years they've been in Salem.  Sami is even planning to go back to Europe.  It shouldn't make that much of a difference whether or not the couple is in Salem or in AZ.

• Love 6

The drama on this show is always about someone being the winner and someone being the loser, when there's so much more drama to be mined from people having to collaborate. Remember Vivian helping Kristen back in the 90s? They were hardly friends but they were co-conspirators with different goals helping each other and occasionally disagreeing with each other. That was fun and interesting and it didn't compromise either character. Neither one had to win or lose and the differences in the way that they thought informed the story and helped them remain unique individuals.

The closest thing we've got to that now is Kristen and Lani, which is really sad because Lani is still being touted as a heroine even if she does illegal things for Kristen who's obviously nuts. Are we supposed to think of Kristen as a heroine? As comedic? As a villain dragging Lani down with her? I don't even know.

So! You finally deigned to give us a scene between Will and Marlena where their love for one another is at the forefront, Ron? I was about to applaud you for that...and then I realized we spent the better part of the last two-and-a-half years without any scenes like this. I feel like the last time Marlena and Will showed this much emotion to one another was when she first found him in Memphis and he couldn't remember her and she said that she loved him anyway. So much time has been squandered and for what...? I can understand if there was an edict from on high to put Ben and Marlena in scenes together because the actors like each other, but did that really have to mean that Will and Marlena weren't involved in each other's lives at all? Because it felt that way. Having him say goodbye to her is appreciated, don't get me wrong, but we could have had that this entire time even in small doses and I'll never not be pissed off about that.

It felt like they completely cut out a scene between Will, Lucas and Kate. I wonder what would have been said between them. Or maybe I was just out of the room? Is that when Lucas made a comment about Sami?

There's so many things going on right now that Will and Sonny could be involved in, making their exit even more awkward and abrupt. As we saw today, Justin is obviously being drawn into Bonnie's web, and Sonny would need to be there to protect him from that. Marlena's husband is once again lying at death's door possibly and as Will pointed out, he could be there to support his grandmother during a crucial time. Both Ciara and Allie are missing, a tug-of-war is about to ensue at Titan, Eric, Nicole, Belle and Sami are embroiled in a legal battle that's only asked collating and going to end badly, I'm sure...so why on earth are Will and Sonny leaving now?

I was completely confused as to what was happening with Arianna, who apparently didn't deserve a farewell scene. I'm so shocked. Wasn't she still at the Kiriakis mansion? If Will and Sonny were going to tell everyone she went off to Mexico, how were they then planning on smuggling her out of the mansion unnoticed with all of her belongings?

I'm glad Phillip got a haircut, but he's acting so smug, with his nose raised to the heavens, I'm not convinced he's going to end up being any better than the guy from before that everyone hated because he acted like Jim Carrey.

Lauran Koslow is amazing. I loved how calm and understated she was in her scenes with Phillip and with Will. Deidre, by comparison, was kind of bizarre. Her loud moans or chuckles or vocalizations, I don't even know what to call them, were a really weird way to end her story with Will. I almost thought I was watching Hattie Adams for a second. Less can be more Deidre.

It did feel like Ron was trying to show Salem's only gay couple as much respect as possible and have them leave on a high note with a happy ending, but them walking out on their families in the middle of so much turmoil and with so little notice and with such a convoluted explanation for why they're lying about their daughter, made the whole thing a little hard to swallow.

But at least they're not dead. *collective sigh of relief*

Edit: I hated the choice of words when Sonny said "we didn't get Allie's baby".... like they were disappointed she didn't give them her concert tickets or old condo. The baby is your NEPHEW. He was never going to be your son. Ever. Babies are not to be traded off between family members like baseball cards. Even if you adopted him and he called you Dad, biologically he would still be your nephew. And you adopting him was an out-of-the-blue possibility that should have made you a little uncomfortable. You seemed like you were happily taking a child away from its immature mother, a mother who  probably wasn't realizing the full depth of the decision she was making because of the pressures she felt  she was under. A mother who would still be part of your extended family and still interact with you. A mother whose mother, your mother-in-law, made it expressly clear how wildly uncomfortable she was with her daughter handing off her child to anyone. For all of these reasons, you should have been extremely uncomfortable and reluctant to adopt him. The fact that it never seemed all that shocked by the notion and you were super eager about doing it makes me think you're kind of weird.

But so is that whole story so, I guess Sonny gets a pass.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I thought Deidre Hall was Emmy worthy today with Chandler Massey. She’s done a million goodbyes on this show but something about today seemed different. Shes been so engrained in the Will & Sonny storyline which probably helped her. Anyway, I just wanted to give Ms. Hall a shout out.  

• Love 8

Bonnie's hair reminded me of that of Joan Rivers. Why did Justin tear up the settlement? Does he really think he can get Bonnie more money?

Hi Brady! It's been a while.

Philip, at least you washed your hair and got it cut. Daddy Victor still has Xander, who has been in Salem, and who has proved himself. You just bobbled up out of nowhere, wanting the company. Why?

Sarah's hair looked better.

Nice to see Grandma Marlena and Will say goodbye. Phoenix is only a 3 hour flight or so from Salem so it's not that far. Sami is somewhere in Europe, Lucas was in Europe. Thought that Ari would be staying with Will and Sonny.

Why was Sonny wearing the cowboy hat? He will have to get suits that aren't so hot since Phoenix temps can be over 100F. Will will be dripping in the plaid/flannel.

• Love 3

Ari will be staying with Will in Pheonix. They're lying to everybody as misdirection, in case the people who are after Rafe's family try to go after his niece as well. They're saying she's off in Mexico with the rest of the Hernandez Clan, while in fact she will be with her fathers.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

So! You finally deigned to give us a scene between Will and Marlena where their love for one another is at the forefront, Ron? I was about to applaud you for that...and then I realized we spent the better part of the last two-and-a-half years without any scenes like this. I feel like the last time Marlena and Will showed this much emotion to one another was when she first found him in Memphis and he couldn't remember her and she said that she loved him anyway. So much time has been squandered and for what...? I can understand if there was an edict from on high to put Ben and Marlena in scenes together because the actors like each other, but did that really have to mean that Will and Marlena weren't involved in each other's lives at all? Because it felt that way. Having him say goodbye to her is appreciated, don't get me wrong, but we could have had that this entire time even in small doses and I'll never not be pissed off about that.

It felt like they completely cut out a scene between Will, Lucas and Kate. I wonder what would have been said between them. Or maybe I was just out of the room?

I'm so glad I'm not the only who found these exit scenes rushed. I thought this episode was mostly awful, actually. I appreciated that enough forethought went into the scenes that both Massey and Smith were paired with the scene partner/parental figure they tend to do their best work with, and I did like Sonny's scene with Justin, and Will's with Marlena. I even liked the scene for Sonny and Uncle Vic, to some extent, but the scene with the boys and Chad felt weirdly underwritten -- almost like the three were given an outline and told to wing it. It seemed almost like improv, and not in a good way. It was formless and very low-key, without feeling either truly spontaneous or natural. There was little emotional content. And the scene where Will says goodbye to Lucas and Kate didn't happen at all! It was just skipped over -- in favour of what? Smug Phillip and his charmless sniping at his mother? (Has Phillip always been this much of an a-hole? J. Kenneth Johnson was fairly appalling in his scenes.)

Altogether a hasty, patched-up business that didn't serve any characters particularly well, and did a fair amount of damage to Will, Sonny, and Gabi, making liars of them all -- just so A Martinez could stand around making goat faces at everyone? Why don't they just send Eduardo to whatever unmarked spot on the map Lucas hides out in most of the time? Nobody would ever find him!

ETA: I skipped over anything involving weeping Ben, screamy Hope or stupid Eve -- don't care!

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ari will be staying with Will in Pheonix. They're lying to everybody as misdirection, in case the people who are after Rafe's family try to go after his niece as well. They're saying she's off in Mexico with the rest of the Hernandez Clan, while in fact she will be with her fathers.

As if Gabi ever did any parenting. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The drama on this show is always about someone being the winner and someone being the loser, when there's so much more drama to be mined from people having to collaborate. Remember Vivian helping Kristen back in the 90s? They were hardly friends but they were co-conspirators with different goals helping each other and occasionally disagreeing with each other. That was fun and interesting and it didn't compromise either character. Neither one had to win or lose and the differences in the way that they thought informed the story and helped them remain unique individuals.

The closest thing we've got to that now is Kristen and Lani, which is really sad because Lani is still being touted as a heroine even if she does illegal things for Kristen who's obviously nuts. Are we supposed to think of Kristen as a heroine? As comedic? As a villain dragging Lani down with her? I don't even know.

It felt like they completely cut out a scene between Will, Lucas and Kate. I wonder what would have been said between them. Or maybe I was just out of the room? Is that when Lucas made a comment about Sami?

There's so many things going on right now that Will and Sonny could be involved in, making their exit even more awkward and abrupt. As we saw today, Justin is obviously being drawn into Bonnie's web, and Sonny would need to be there to protect him from that. Marlena's husband is once again lying at death's door possibly and as Will pointed out, he could be there to support his grandmother during a crucial time. Both Ciara and Allie are missing, a tug-of-war is about to ensue at Titan, Eric, Nicole, Belle and Sami are embroiled in a legal battle that's only asked collating and going to end badly, I'm sure...so why on earth are Will and Sonny leaving now?

I was completely confused as to what was happening with Arianna, who apparently didn't deserve a farewell scene. I'm so shocked. Wasn't she still at the Kiriakis mansion? If Will and Sonny were going to tell everyone she went off to Mexico, how were they then planning on smuggling her out of the mansion unnoticed with all of her belongings?

I'm glad Phillip got a haircut, but he's acting so smug, with his nose raised to the heavens, I'm not convinced he's going to end up being any better than the guy from before that everyone hated because he acted like Jim Carrey.

Lauran Koslow is amazing. I loved how calm and understated she was in her scenes with Phillip and with Will. Deidre, by comparison, was kind of bizarre. Her loud moans or chuckles or vocalizations, I don't even know what to call them, were a really weird way to end her story with Will. I almost thought I was watching Hattie Adams for a second. Less can be more Deidre.

It did feel like Ron was trying to show Salem's only gay couple as much respect as possible and have them leave on a high note with a happy ending, but them walking out on their families in the middle of so much turmoil and with so little notice and with such a convoluted explanation for why they're lying about their daughter, made the whole thing a little hard to swallow.

But at least they're not dead. *collective sigh of relief*

Edit: I hated the choice of words when Sonny said "we didn't get Allie's baby".... like they were disappointed she didn't give them her concert tickets or old condo. The baby is your NEPHEW. He was never going to be your son. Ever. Babies are not to be traded off between family members like baseball cards. Even if you adopted him and he called you Dad, biologically he would still be your nephew. And you adopting him was an out-of-the-blue possibility that should have made you a little uncomfortable. You seemed like you were happily taking a child away from its immature mother, a mother who  probably wasn't realizing the full depth of the decision she was making because of the pressures she felt  she was under. A mother who would still be part of your extended family and still interact with you. A mother whose mother, your mother-in-law, made it expressly clear how wildly uncomfortable she was with her daughter handing off her child to anyone. For all of these reasons, you should have been extremely uncomfortable and reluctant to adopt him. The fact that it never seemed all that shocked by the notion and you were super eager about doing it makes me think you're kind of weird.

But so is that whole story so, I guess Sonny gets a pass.

Thats carlivati for you. Everything that should have serious repercussions is a joke to him

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2

I've really enjoyed the last two days of Will and Sonny's good bye scenes with their various loved ones and I especially loved the flashbacks we got today of Will and Sonny and when they first got together.  The Will/Sami moments were as wonderful as the Will/Marlena scenes--the actors really brought their A games.

Nicole has now become the new Abigail--even when she has done something horribly criminal, she's still somehow a victim whom everyone rushes to comfort.  Not a good look--at all.

I did like Phillip listing off all of the family members who could be involved in running Titan--we even got a Bo and Isabella mention--but Xander's head-butting Phillip was a thing of beauty.  Now if Xander could do that to Brady and Ben... 

• Love 13

I admit to tears in my eyes when Sonny & Will walked out of Horton Square, arms around each other & off to a new life.  Some nice flashback scenes with Sonny & Will...goodness how much younger Sonny looked & cuter with more hair.   Its leaving me feeling sad that so many characters are leaving,  it makes the cast seem small.

• Love 8

The Will and Sonny scenes made me feel sad because it really feels like a goodbye as opposed to the Sami-type goodbye where she gets written off but the intent is to always bring her back.  Or like Brady's last goodbye where he went off with Kristen but it was a 'blink and you missed' it kind of thing probably because they always intended to bring him back when needed--like John being in the hospital.

That head butt today, though.

Animated Emoji Chefs Kiss GIF by swerk

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only who found these exit scenes rushed. I thought this episode was mostly awful, actually. I appreciated that enough forethought went into the scenes that both Massey and Smith were paired with the scene partner/parental figure they tend to do their best work with, and I did like Sonny's scene with Justin, and Will's with Marlena. I even liked the scene for Sonny and Uncle Vic, to some extent, but the scene with the boys and Chad felt weirdly underwritten -- almost like the three were given an outline and told to wing it. It seemed almost like improv, and not in a good way. It was formless and very low-key, without feeling either truly spontaneous or natural. There was little emotional content. And the scene where Will says goodbye to Lucas and Kate didn't happen at all! It was just skipped over -- in favour of what? Smug Phillip and his charmless sniping at his mother? (Has Phillip always been this much of an a-hole? J. Kenneth Johnson was fairly appalling in his scenes.)

Altogether a hasty, patched-up business that didn't serve any characters particularly well, and did a fair amount of damage to Will, Sonny, and Gabi, making liars of them all -- just so A Martinez could stand around making goat faces at everyone? Why don't they just send Eduardo to whatever unmarked spot on the map Lucas hides out in most of the time? Nobody would ever find him!

ETA: I skipped over anything involving weeping Ben, screamy Hope or stupid Eve -- don't care!

Other posters have mentioned not seeing a scene where Will said goodbye to Kate and Lucas, but I saw it.  I watch at an online site - maybe it wasn't shown in the U.S. network viewing?

His goodbye scene with Lucas and Kate was too fast, IMO, but it was there.  Sonny, too.  I wanted more because IMO Will's relationship with Kate is just as special as the one he was with Marlena, but I was glad we at least go to see it.   

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, boes said:

His goodbye scene with Lucas and Kate was too fast, IMO, but it was there. 

I should clarify: I saw the scene -- but the real core of the scene, in my opinion, was missing: Will approached his father and grandmother, and said he'd come to say goodbye; then there was a cut (to a commercial, I think), and then when we rejoin the scene, they're hugging. There was no real dialogue around Lucas's or Kate's response. I found it more than just too fast; they skipped over inherently dramatic content! Any real substance, the true point of the scene -- to see the emotional impact of Will's decision on two generations of his family -- was gone. All we saw was the hugging when it was over. I would have been happy to spend less time with Phillip's self-delighted whining to have a little more time seeing Lucas and Will say something meaningful to each other.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 7

Wow, Vic was standing up!

Philip needs some color in his wardrobe.

It's sadly ironic that they did all of the flashbacks of WilSon kissing and dropping into bed considering how afraid they've been of them showing any emotion in the past several months.

Xander really shouldn't be offering to fight a guy who only has one leg.

• Love 7

As much as Nicole has been annoying lately, I could watch on a loop the smug look drop from Sami's face when Eric lied to protect Nicole. How stupidly overconfident. Who did she think Eric was Honest Abe or George "I cannot tell a lie" Washington? She has to know that Eric does lie on occasion. I know she doesn't permanently live in Salem but her family clearly keeps her in the loop so she has to know how Eric and Sarah's relationship started. Even if she didn't know about that, she's gleefully telling how Eric knew his wife killed someone and said nothing and she still thinks he's Mr. Buy-the-book-won't-tell-a-lie? Also, if she thought it would never lie why did she insist that he should be sworn in on the bible? I think Eric was harsh with what he said after the testimony, but I thought he had every right to be furious with her. She stood there breezily recalling how beyond devastated he was and how he told her something in confidence because he missed her so much and yet she thought he would happily sit there and admit something that would send his wife to prison.

This judge cannot be seriously considering letting this Jan chick testify? I know she said that she said today she was giving Sami some leeway because she doesn't know the law but this is ridiculous. Sami is the idiot who decided to represent herself even though she has plenty of money to hire another lawyer. I know this is a soap but it's ridiculous that the judge has said three times she's going to make a ruling and Sami just keeps interrupting and coming up with witness after witness because she's lost.

I know Sami will consider it a win, but even if the judge decides not to give custody to Eric and Nicole she definitely should not award it to Sami. She hasn't proven to be a fit guardian either. Since Sami's getting to dredge up the past and question Nicole's fitness why isn't Justin doing the same thing? I get that Sami's behavior in court proves she doesn't have the temperament to raise a house plant, but still there is plenty in Sami's history to bring out. I thought it was hilarious that Sami seemed morally outraged and kept calling Nicole a murderer. Look, sweetie, the only reason you're not a murderer is your attempt wasn't successful. You're not better than Nicole just because she stuck the landing when it comes to murder.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

I should clarify: I saw the scene -- but the real core of the scene, in my opinion, was missing: Will approached his father and grandmother, and said he'd come to say goodbye; then there was a cut (to a commercial, I think), and then when we rejoin the scene, they're hugging. There was no real dialogue around Lucas's or Kate's response. I found it more than just too fast; they skipped over inherently dramatic content! Any real substance, the true point of the scene -- to see the emotional impact of Will's decision on two generations of his family -- was gone. All we saw was the hugging when it was over. I would have been happy to spend less time with Phillip's self-delighted whining to have a little more time seeing Lucas and Will say something meaningful to each other.

I completely agree.  It should have been so much more.  

That's how Show leaves me these days, mostly, anyway, always wondering why they keep skipping the main course.

• Love 4

I haven't been watching the show regularly whenever Phillip's been on, but given that he's up against Xander, I'm team Phillip. Anyone going up against that asshole is superior. Yeah, Phillip's smug but so is Xander. As if his blackmailing kidnapper butt should look down at his nose no matter how spoiled they might be. Xander keeps wanking on about how he earned the job and CEO is rightfully is, which is such bullshit. Everything Phillip said about Xander today was on point. Xander didn't earn the job. He committed crimes for Victor and then blackmailed him for the job. And, what an immature idiot. He resorts to physical violence because he doesn't like Phillip pointing out his flaws and then basically accuses Phillip of being chicken if he doesn't fight him. 

I didn't read exactly what happened BTS but weren't CM and FS fired? Why is this exit for Will and Sonny so awkwardly rushed? Granted, there had been some nice scenes - especially today's montage - but it's still so stupid. Yes, a lot usually happens in Salem but so much shit is going on and Will and Sonny choosing to leave right now - not because they have to but because of some new business - seems a little callous on their parts, even though Marlena gave Will permission yesterday. The only silver for me to losing them now is at least Will doesn't have to hold Ben's hand while all this stuff is going on. I was still disgusted he talked about him today and Sonny actually mentioned praying for Ben. Blech!! I guess at least they got a proper send-off getting to say good-bye to most of their loved ones - not whatever crap that was with Rafe and Gabi.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Wow, Vic was standing up!

Philip needs some color in his wardrobe.

It's sadly ironic that they did all of the flashbacks of WilSon kissing and dropping into bed considering how afraid they've been of them showing any emotion in the past several months.

Xander really shouldn't be offering to fight a guy who only has one leg.

But didn't it grow back?  The water in Salem.....just think, Eric could grow a spine, Justin could grow a brain, so many things could happen, even without Dr. Rolf.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

But didn't it grow back?  The water in Salem.....just think, Eric could grow a spine, Justin could grow a brain, so many things could happen, even without Dr. Rolf.

Like those gag perfect men that you grow in a cake pan. Sometimes they are okay, sometimes they are missing appendages.

• LOL 4

The whole temporary custody thing is becoming convoluted and ridiculous. No one needs to dredge up things that happened 20 years ago. People grow up and change. Why bring in Victor? Why bring in Jan Spears?  No one in that room has a perfect past with no mistakes or stupid things ever done. Shouldn't it be who can offer a stable temporary home to the baby - who can provide a roof over the kid's head, love, food, be able to care for him. There are a lot of people in the world who have kids who are terrible parents. A lot who have done lousy things in their life. They are still parents, they still care for and provide for and love their kids. This is utter nonsense. Don't really care who gets Baby DiMera. Heck, Vincent could be a decent temporary foster parent. Sami should not be representing herself and railroading this case to favour her. She isn't the best choice either.

I liked the Xander and Philip headbutting scene. It made me laugh. Yeah, Xander has some thuggish leanings, but that is/was part of his life. I see no reason for Philip to be CEO just because he walks in the door after being away five or so years. He should earn it and prove his qualifications. The best solution right now is for both to be co-CEOs. Actually the best solution is to have one or both on the board and an actual competent person who has most likely an MBA and good business experience to run the company.

Good for John for waking up.

Bye Sonny and Will.  Don't forget to quietly visit Salem once in a while. There are things like Zoom and Facetime so it's not as though you are moving to Mars.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I didn't read exactly what happened BTS but weren't CM and FS fired? Why is this exit for Will and Sonny so awkwardly rushed?

Am I the only one who doesn't think it's rushed?  Gabi and Rafe's departure was rushed.  It's one day they were embarking on new (or new old) relationships and the next day they were gone.  Will and Sonny's goodbye has been happening for weeks with Sonny getting the job, convincing Will, approaching Gab, having Gabi change her mind and now about three days of goodbye scenes with those that matter.  I was actually surprise they were still around today.

4 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I was glad Philip brought up Xander’s thuggish ways. Just because he did Victor’s dirty work doesn’t mean he is the most competent one to be CEO. The head butting was so immature.

The whole fight on both of their sides was immature.  That's what made it so entertaining. 

I think I'm going to like them sparring (or I say now before things really get started and fall apart). 

I am curious about the way Phillip is being written, though.  Was he villainesque before?  I wonder if the show realized they needed not just pseudo reformed bad guys but a bad guy like Victor or even EJ--someone who antagonizes people and wields his power but has nuance to be a long lasting character.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I've really enjoyed the last two days of Will and Sonny's good bye scenes with their various loved ones and I especially loved the flashbacks we got today of Will and Sonny and when they first got together.  The Will/Sami moments were as wonderful as the Will/Marlena scenes--the actors really brought their A games.

Nicole has now become the new Abigail--even when she has done something horribly criminal, she's still somehow a victim whom everyone rushes to comfort.  Not a good look--at all.

I agree with you (mostly) on the former -Deidre was still kind of strange in her scene with Will, please tell me I'm not the only one who saw it - but I definitely disagree on the latter. Eric and Justin may be rushing to defend Nicole but you can't really blame them. Eric just married her and Justin has to stand up for his clients, right? And if others were polite or kind to Nicole in the last few months or years, it's only because she was "Eric's girl", the one who died and then the one who was impersonated by Kristen and almost lost her baby and then had Sami crash her wedding. And Nicole has admitted that people are giving her a bit of a pass. Heck, even her wedding vows acknowledged that she corrupted Eric a bit. There's a self-awareness there that Abigail simply does not possess, absolutely not. Nobody greets Abigail with anything short of jubilation...and with Gabi gone, there is no opposition to offer a more factual reality-based perspective on her many exploits. Nicole meanwhile as we saw today has Sami and Victor and apparently Kate as well to openly denounce her.

It seems I spoke too soon yesterday when I said the show has forgotten the narrative benefits of two characters who don't necessarily like each other having to collaborate. In theory, I like that Philip and Xander will share the CEO position, but I'm really not too sure how the execution is going to work. In today's scenes with Xander, Phillip came out short. I don't just mean in height either. His attempt at fisticuffs did not look very convincing, and having his daddy give him this position out of the blue again was not a good look. I'm really disappointed they didn't think up a story about what Philip had been doing off screen to prepare for this comeback. He seems as weak as he was when he left. Or maybe it's just that I think Xander is basically occupying the same role with more charisma and appeal. I guess Phillip is supposed to be less of a bad boy but that just makes him a slightly more moral version of Xander, and that has zero appeal for me.

Xander keeps wanking on about how he earned the job and CEO is rightfully is, which is such bullshit. Everything Phillip said about Xander today was on point. Xander didn't earn the job. He committed crimes for Victor and then blackmailed him for the job. And, what an immature idiot. He resorts to physical violence because he doesn't like Phillip pointing out his flaws and then basically accuses Phillip of being chicken if he doesn't fight him.

Oh I totally agree Xander is pretty despicable and a thug and hasn't taken so much as a single course in Business Administration. He has no business being a CEO, but I like the character a great deal more than I like Philip and that's just based on what we've seen in the last few days, because the previous version of the character was so long ago. I think the problem here is that it's pretty weak for a character to just show up and claim to be a force to be reckoned with. They actually have to do something to prove that they're a force to be reckoned with. Philip has just wandered back into the mansion and asked for his job back. Am I supposed to care? Lazy.

I didn't read exactly what happened BTS but weren't CM and FS fired? Why is this exit for Will and Sonny so awkwardly rushed? Granted, there had been some nice scenes - especially today's montage - but it's still so stupid. Yes, a lot usually happens in Salem but so much shit is going on and Will and Sonny choosing to leave right now - not because they have to but because of some new business - seems a little callous on their parts, even though Marlena gave Will permission yesterday.

Today was their last day, so I guess I can say yes, they were let go and had no idea it was coming. Given that, I'm going to go ahead and assume that Ron did not plan for this and had to pull something plausible out of thin air. I would have preferred a more natural story for their exit, but considering everything going on, that probably would have involved them getting custody of the baby, which I didn't want, or something unspeakable happening to them because of all the lunatics running around. This was the best possible departure they could have had, and I'm especially proud of Ron that he slipped in some flashbacks today - especially ones with some sizzle. Homophobes have always been against Will and Sonny being on the show and representing the gay community and that's why so much of their physical affection has been toned down over the years. People apparently freaked out when Will had that one night stand with Paul way back in the day because the sex scenes were "too graphic" - as if we haven't seen straight couples getting freaky on this show for years! It's too bad Will and Sonny lost their spark over time. It was nice to be reminded that at least once upon a time, the characters had sizzle and the show had balls. Will and Sonny Version 1.0 generated real heat, and that's partly why their storyline got so much attention and ultimately created space for gay characters on the show. It's sad to think that there may not be any other gay couples now, in spite of those gains.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Am I the only one who doesn't think it's rushed?  Gabi and Rafe's departure was rushed.  It's one day they were embarking on new (or new old) relationships and the next day they were gone.  Will and Sonny's goodbye has been happening for weeks with Sonny getting the job, convincing Will, approaching Gab, having Gabi change her mind and now about three days of goodbye scenes with those that matter.  I was actually surprise they were still around today.

No disagreement that Rafe and Gabi were yanked from the show abruptly....but Will and Sonny were also suddenly ejected. I figured we would at least get a scene of them hunting for a house online, or maybe packing bags or something. And then adding to the fact that they didn't even get a scene with their daughter and Gabi's departure intruded on their exit storyline as well and the whole thing definitely felt a little too fast and furious.

That yesterday and today had some Pomp and Circumstance to it I appreciate, but it felt as if there was still a lot of work for them to do. Will didn't even resign from The Spectator for pity's sake!

I realize this is more BTS stuff than current episode talk but since some have asked... the rumor seems to be that Camila Banus wasn't happy with the offer she got to continue with the show when they came back earlier this year (lowballed). It's possible they wrote her out very abruptly as punishment for not taking what was offered, I might think, at least going by how other actors have been written off or recast abruptly, including Chandler as we all recall. And then even for my question about The Spectator, Missy Reeves has not been a vocal supporter of gay people, to the point where she and Will work at the same company but never have any scenes together. And I suppose if they didn't feel it necessary for Will to have a scene with Arianna, they certainly weren't going to rush have a scene between Jennifer and Will either! But him at least making a call to thank her for the job considering he was an amnesiac when he started working there, would have been nice - but since when was Will's job all that serious anyhow?

Apparently Freddie's Smith's online vlog will detail more of the behind-the-scenes stuff about how these last episodes were filmed so you guys could always look online for that and maybe he'll have more answers. Okay I'll leave it at that!

Here is my one HUGE issue with their exit: WHY did Will have to mention Ben?!?!? DUDE - He MURDERED YOU and has now apparently done the same thing to his own wife. Why are you talking about saying goodbye to him like he's your friendly neighbour?!? ARRRRRGGHHHH!

I hate the Will and Ben friendship, and I hate the fact that for some people it has a sexual undertone to it because both Will and Ben are fit, so obviously Will - being a superficial gay guy - is going to lust after Ben because they shared a prison cell together.  !??!!!?  Nasty. At least Will won't have him in his life anymore.

Why aren't the characters talking about Ben like he relapsed...? We just got Victor calling him scum or something today...but no one freaking out that the Necktie Killer had resumed his work.

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why bring in Victor? Why bring in Jan Spears?

I don't particularly care about Jan, but I was really pleasantly surprised by Victor, not only because he was standing upright for a brief second but because it reminded me of one of my favourite scenes when I started to watch the show again in 2012. Does anyone else remember this one? Something had happened at Titan and Victor had gone to Hope to investigate the case and the main suspect was Nicole. Victor walked into Hope's office with a bag in his hands saying "I brought some candy. Would anyone like some candy?" It was amazing LOL. John Aniston showed just how much Victor delighted in torturing his former wife, and in the end Victor didn't press charges either.

I wish today's scene had some of that humor, but in the end I'm mostly curious to know how Sami got Victor to show up for this. Why would he care? I'm hoping she made some kind of deal and we'll get to see Victor collect in the days to come.

Go away Brady. Haven't missed you. At all.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I feel like it's rushed because one day they're in the running to adopt Allie's baby and the next we're hearing about some business venture of Sonny's brother out of the blue and they're moving as if there's some kind of time crunch. Yes, I think in our world it's been a like three or so weeks but in Salem time, I think it's only been like a few days or a week at most. I think it was basically one day of Sonny convincing Will to potentially do the move, then one day of Gabi resistance, then one day of Gabi changing her mind because of her own hasty exit story, and now these two days of good-byes (I guess three if you count the Chad goodbye, though that was in the same episode as the Gabi reversal.) Plus, all the major stuff going on with their families. I know Ciara and Sonny aren't exactly close but she's family and she's missing. His dad is getting involved with Adrienne. There's the custody battle. There's John in the hospital. It just seems like really weird timing for them to be moving for something that isn't an emergency. 

Like I said, it seems FS and CM were fired so you would think they could craft a story that feels organic rather than as if they ran out of time and pulled this out of their butt. Then again, I think this is a pattern of RC's going back to his time on GH. Actors would have vacation time coming up but he would write an exit story haphazardly as if he hadn't prepared for it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think the problem here is that it's pretty weak for a character to just show up and claim to be a force to be reckoned with. They actually have to do something to prove that they're a force to be reckoned with. Philip seemingly has just wandered back into the mansion and I asked for his job back. Am I supposed to care? Lazy.

I'm assuming since Phillip's a character with a long history they're not treating him like a new character that they need people to get on board with and just hoping the people who enjoyed him in the past (especially this version) will already like him and be invested. Like I said, I loathe Xander so anyone up against him, I'll root to beat him.

12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

This was the best possible departure they could have had, and I'm especially proud of Ron that he slept in some flashbacks today especially ones with some sizzle.

When you put it like that, I suppose I am a little grateful that they weren't killed off or something equally heinous. I'm also glad there was no weepy goodbye scene between Will and Ben.

• Love 2

Not trying to make excuses for Ron, but basically everything that's happened since Gabi and Sarah's spontaneous haircuts was filmed after their 4 months in limbo at the end of 2019 and the start of 2020. Freddie and Chandler said that they arrived to learn they were being let go and were handed only a few days of scripts and basically shot their final six episodes in one bunch. And it seems the decisions regarding Camila and Galen were also made during the time in limbo. So whatever Ron was writing before everyone was released from their contracts in like November of last year, those ideas (Jake + Gabi...Will & Sonny wanting the baby, etc) probably didn't factor in these four characters leaving. It still could have been better handled though, obviously. Heck, as far as I'm concerned Will and Sonny didn't have to leave the show at all. Let's just be grateful that Abe, Eli and Lani are still around, otherwise the show would be all cis, straight white people.

Sorry I'll stop now 🙂 Back to episode talkback 🤐😊

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Then again, I think this is a pattern of RC's going back to his time on GH. Actors would have vacation time coming up but he would write an exit story haphazardly as if he hadn't prepared for it.

Haphazard exits for things like vacations aren't a Ron thing; they're a soap thing.  Sometimes it's part of a story. Most times it's some unexpected business trip or sick relative we hadn't heard about in ages.

And I also think Ron tends to get a lot of blame for casting decisions he has no control of.  For all we know, he had a story plan for Sonny & Will but had to scrap it when producers decided they weren't going to keep those two around.  I just can't fathom Ron deciding to get rid of the show's only gay couple. 

Spoiler

I also think it's a waste considering we're going to have Lucas and Sami around for a while and he's the most mature and stable member of that immediate family.

So in all likelihood, this was sprung on him and he had to throw something together.  For an uneventful exit, I still don't find it rushed. A bizarre reason?  Sure but I think the goodbye tour has been a decent length of time.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

All I really needed to love it was 1) Will quitting The Spectator formally 2) Them looking up houses online and 3) scenes with Will, Ari and Gabi.

Hey.... didn't Will say yesterday that he would say goodbye to Victor "later"? He never did! I just realized that.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Not trying to make excuses for Ron, but basically everything that's happened since Gabi and Sarah's spontaneous haircuts was filmed after their 4 months in limbo at the end of 2019 and the start of 2020. Freddie and Chandler said that they arrived to learn they were being let go and were handed only a few days of scripts and basically shot their final six episodes in one bunch. And it seems the decisions regarding Camila and Galen were also made during the time in limbo. So whatever Ron was writing before everyone was released from their contracts in like November of last year, those ideas (Jake + Gabi...Will & Sonny wanting the baby, etc) probably didn't factor in these four characters leaving. It still could have been better handled though, obviously. Heck, as far as I'm concerned Will and Sonny didn't have to leave the show at all. Let's just be grateful that Abe, Eli and Lani are still around, otherwise the show would be all cis, straight white people.

Sorry I'll stop now 🙂 Back to episode talkback 🤐😊

Yeah ,But its not like Eli ,Lani and Abe will ever drive any story .

As for Will and Sonny ,Both actors have been phoning it in for a while now and its clear they have been tuned out of the show and they dont seem to be invested at all. I dont think their departure will hurt the show .

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I am curious about the way Phillip is being written, though.  Was he villainesque before?  I wonder if the show realized they needed not just pseudo reformed bad guys but a bad guy like Victor or even EJ--someone who antagonizes people and wields his power but has nuance to be a long lasting character.

When Jay first returned to the show in 2007 , Hogan Sheffer made it clear that he was grooming the character to be the new Kiriakis to fear and for the better part of 2007 and early 2008  ,Philip was slowly transforming into mini Victor by terrorising and persuing Belle and Shawn when they took Claire and crossed the border to escape philip and when he feuded with John Black -"DiMera". Hell, he was even involved in the Kiriakis vs DiMera war when Tony died after fighting with Philip.But he slowly became a chump after being paired with Melanie and losing Parker to Daniel. He has been a chump since as seen when Jon Paul Lavosier took over the role .

• Love 2
16 hours ago, boes said:

That's how Show leaves me these days, mostly, anyway, always wondering why they keep skipping the main course.

Yes, exactly! All my palaver above boils down to "they're skipping the main course."

As for a choice between Phillip and Xander, for me it amounts to choosing between Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Heinous; between Awful and Awfuller. I was sort of hoping that Pop-Up Victor (embodying Nemesis, hah!) would disinherit both of them, the boobs.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hey.... didn't Will say yesterday that he would say goodbye to Victor "later"? He never did! I just realized that.

Didn't they also promise to look after Baby To Be Named Later until Sami got back from the custody hearing? Pretty sure the two of them left him behind as they strolled out of Horton Square and into the sunset.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 6
11 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Haphazard exits for things like vacations aren't a Ron thing; they're a soap thing.  Sometimes it's part of a story. Most times it's some unexpected business trip or sick relative we hadn't heard about in ages.

And I also think Ron tends to get a lot of blame for casting decisions he has no control of.  For all we know, he had a story plan for Sonny & Will but had to scrap it when producers decided they weren't going to keep those two around.  I just can't fathom Ron deciding to get rid of the show's only gay couple. 

I won't blame Ron for casting decisions just for how it's written, which is his job. The vacations I was talking about happened pretty much the same time every year and were written into the actor's contracts so it wasn't something Ron couldn't foresee. Sometimes there were storylines written around it a lot of times, IMO, it felt rushed. If Sonny and Will's exits were sprung on him then I guess he can be cut slack for how rushed it feels, to me at least.

11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm still not comfortable with how cozy Will and Sonny are with Victor after what he did to him so I'm glad we didn't have to witness some nice goodbye scene between them.

5 hours ago, Rafael said:

As for Will and Sonny ,Both actors have been phoning it in for a while now and its clear they have been tuned out of the show and they dont seem to be invested at all. I dont think their departure will hurt the show .

I don't agree with the phoning thing at all. As the only gay couple, I think their exits do hurt the show. And Will - especially with how many people he's related to - will leave a hole in the show.

14 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Didn't they also promise to look after Baby To Be Named Later until Sami got back from the custody hearing? Pretty sure the two of them left him behind as they strolled out of Horton Square and into the sunset.

I think Sami said that Lucas was supposed to watch the baby and she just asked Will and Sonny to watch him until Lucas arrived. I guess Lucas arrived off-screen and then they left.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Reveal spoiler

I also think it's a waste considering we're going to have Lucas and Sami around for a while and he's the most mature and stable member of that immediate family.

So in all likelihood, this was sprung on him and he had to throw something together.  For an uneventful exit, I still don't find it rushed. A bizarre reason?  Sure but I think the goodbye tour has been a decent length of time.

Ron does not know how to write things that are unexpected though. I remember when Mary Beth Evans was pregnant in real life and had to stay off her feet due to medical reasons, the writers on the fly came up with the deaf storyline that became iconic in the Steve and Kayla love story..

You are correct in that there are some things beyond Ron's control but he could have come up with a better exit for Wilson in my opinion.  There is a producer on the show that loathes Wilson and it would not surprise me if that bigot had a hand in Wilson leaving the show.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Ron does not know how to write things that are unexpected though. I remember when Mary Beth Evans was pregnant in real life and had to stay off her feet due to medical reasons, the writers on the fly came up with the death storyline that became iconic in the Steve and Kayla love story..

But I'm assuming they had time to think about how they'd write her off even if it had to be moved forward.  This WilSon departure isn't all that different than when Jack and Jennifer moved to England or Scotty Banning went off to medical school.  It's about as good as it can be for fans of the couple if they have to leave.  I'm sure it'd be preferable to keep them on the show (personally, I'd keep Will and ditch Sonny, at least for a while) but barring that, at least they are going off together and neither one is in a body bag or jail.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

NOPE. Nope, nope, nope, nope - No. I can't watch this.

Awful.  Just awful.  Not Claire too.  Between that, the treading water of the trial and all the scenes of Ciara's fantasy life with Ben, I did a lot of fast forwarding today.  Vincent being behind Ciara's kidnapping wasn't all that surprising. I wonder who he is, though, that he'd be so interested. 

Spoiler

Gotta love the show.  "CIN fans, here's the future in flash forward you're never gonna get. "

• Love 4