Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Her explanation to Claire why she was in the clinic made no sense.

There's nothing about Nibbles that makes sense.

But I'm starting to think Chad just attracts (or induces?) crazy in all the women in his life. (Maybe he should have married Sonny and/or Will. His relationship with them seems relatively healthy and free of ... well, I was going to say drama, but at least free of bloodshed and psych holds.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I am glad Gwen finally has something to do other than Jake 😂 but she is still draining.

Lani is an idiot. What has Kristen ever done for her to be risking her job and marriage? Not to mention she is pregnant with twins and doesn't need the added stress.

I don't think it was supposed to come off this way, but Kristen had a smirk when Brady changed his mind almost like she was happy she manipulated him. Glad he called her out on her hypocrisy. She doesn't want to play the "whose family has did the most damage to the other" game. But, I am also glad he did not go to the mansion because I am not interested in a threeway battle for Titan. Kristen is an idiot for ordering room service. I am sure there is a reward for her capture. I hope Eli is there to arrest her for being stupid.

There was too much pomp and circumstance in the courtroom for the ruling to basically stay the same. All Sami has to do is let them come look at the baby, doesn't even have to let them hold him. Glad the judge brought up the father and that should have played a big part in her decision. She can't give this child to someone else to raise without the father getting his say. This is the third time this show has done this in less than a "year". I still don't know what Eric's real motivation was, and "Allie says so" is not a good enough. Nicole also wanted him to raise Holly but he sent her off to Chloe. I hope Sami and the baby leave town. Allie can go to Europe to find him. Just to be positive, I will count this as a semi-win for Justin. He needs this.

Brady and Marlena's conversation made it seem like they hadn't been getting along for the past year or more, lol. I hope John and Marlena stay out of trouble the rest of the year.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

I still don't know what Eric's real motivation was, and "Allie says so" is not a good enough. Nicole also wanted him to raise Holly but he sent her off to Chloe.

Yes - exactly. I hadn't even thought about that...

It's like today, how Brady said to Marlena how he "never doubted" she was right for his Dad...um, wasn't there a loooong storyline back when current Rex was playing Brady where he openly hated on Marlena? For months?

Consistency is not a word that exists on this show.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Hi DOOL fans, what's the real scoop with Gwen?  Does she really wanna hook up with Chad, or is she just befriending Abigail so Abs doesn't kick Gwen out of the mansion?  Does anyone know?

Also, I still don't understand why Show introduced Gwen as "hiding out" at the sanitorium because she was afraid of her ex (meaning: Jake). Then when she got out, she went hardcore to get back with him...?  Her explanation to Claire why she was in the clinic made no sense.

Finally, how far in advance does DOOL shoot episodes?  Bold & the Beautiful ran out of episodes, so they've been filming new stuff, but socially distanced -  and it shows!  It's weird how the characters find ways to be 6 feet apart (or more) when they're in the same room. 

There's discussion of Gwen and her motives in the spoilers threads.

The show had taped eight months in advance, their last taped episode was Halloween when they shut down.

• Useful 1

Brady is utterly hopeless when it comes to Kristen--the woman screams at him that if he goes to see his heartbroken grandfather, she's going to leave town with their daughter--I mean how dare he have compassion for his own family-- but she expects everyone to have endless patience for all of her violent and murderous deeds, to not only have patience but to forgive her.  And we're supposed to believe she's changed.

I remember Sami spending all kinds of time with Ciara when she was little, but how is Kayla close to her?  I don't think I remember seeing any scenes of Kayla/Ciara bonding.  Perhaps I've forgotten?

Good for Eli for finally growing a spine and I think Lani's "I'll handle him" really rankled.  Yes, Eli, your dear sweet wife sees you as someone she can control to do her bidding, especially if that means looking the other way for a wanted fugitive.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Hi DOOL fans, what's the real scoop with Gwen?  Does she really wanna hook up with Chad, or is she just befriending Abigail so Abs doesn't kick Gwen out of the mansion?  Does anyone know?

Also, I still don't understand why Show introduced Gwen as "hiding out" at the sanitorium because she was afraid of her ex (meaning: Jake). Then when she got out, she went hardcore to get back with him...?  Her explanation to Claire why she was in the clinic made no sense.

Finally, how far in advance does DOOL shoot episodes?  Bold & the Beautiful ran out of episodes, so they've been filming new stuff, but socially distanced -  and it shows!  It's weird how the characters find ways to be 6 feet apart (or more) when they're in the same room. 

Gwen should have been locked up for her obsessive nail-biting, but the story, as I remember it, is that she voluntarily checked herself in soshe could hide from Jake and the mob guys he'd worked for.  She stole some book from them or Jake that had some sort of accounting code in it and they came after Jake for it.  They tied that in a couple of episodes when somehow Jake got the book back to his old mob bosses.  

As for Gwen getting back with him, I think it was on the line of "our love is too strong to ignore"or some such b.s.  Then when she found out he was a DiMera, she wanted to hitch a ride on the gravy train.  None of it makes much sense.

As for the lack of social distancing, everything we're seeing right now was filmed before the shutdown because of how far in advance DOOL films.  

Tons of spec as Nibble's motivations in other threads but nothing firm, at least not that I remember.  As for her wanting Chad, who knows?

• Useful 1
25 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Brady is utterly hopeless when it comes to Kristen--the woman screams at him that if he goes to see his heartbroken grandfather, she's going to leave town with their daughter--I mean how dare he have compassion for his own family-- but she expects everyone to have endless patience for all of her violent and murderous deeds, to not only have patience but to forgive her.  And we're supposed to believe she's changed.

I haven't liked Brady in a long time but I felt a little for him when she said that. How bitchy can you be? He literally gave up everything for her so they can be together as a family, but she is willing to take their daughter away again? She says this to him after he finds out that his young cousin burned to "death"? That is heartless. This is who Lani is standing by. It's not long ago that she knew her father was running around town using Steve and Hope's stolen bodies and kept it a secret.

Wasn't Chad born into money? Why was he acting like he lived on the street before becoming a Dimera? 😅 Jake was in a gang. He can take you.

Edited by Thatoneshow
  • Love 4

Did Marlena finally change clothes?

Hm. It was 7 AM when Nicole woke up and now Justin calls to say that the judge has made her decision.  How long did they stay in bed?

The real Kristen is coming out.

Samantha was correct, the judge had no business discussing out of court information.

Kristen won't let Brady go see his grandfather, but lets him go see his father.  What if he just happened to drop in on Victor along the way?

Gee, Justin loses another case.  Quelle surprise.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Well the 5 seconds Brady grew some balls and told Kristen he has never made her shun her family, despite their past actions, was great. Unfortunately it did only last 5 seconds.

I am finding it harder and harder to be a Sami fan. I don't agree with the sainting of Nicole, but Hurricane Sami needs to chill. Yes she's always done impulsive things with little thought to others, but it's out of character even for her to spring Jan Spears onto society, especially after the recent actions of Jan to her little sister.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

What a terrible tragedy, huh?  The whole town is in mourning.  Ciara?  No, I mean Kristen's boots.  Does the woman OWN any other footwear?  Methinks there's a bit of fetish play going on with lil' baby boy Brady and his almost-Momma.  

But Ciara.....sad, isn't it?  She got all burnt up in this magical fire that burned so bright and so fast that there wasn't a scrap of her left - but her jewelry survived, intact!  I had no idea that Cracker Jack was making their surprises out of such superior material.  Well, even though they'll have no body of Ciara's to bury, I bet that stick up her ass survived.  If not, maybe they can bury the carburetor.  

I'll stand alone in this corner but I'm not only glad Sami won, I'm even happier Marlena's bullshit rolled right off her back.  Maybe Sami didn't know what Jan Spears did to Belle,  maybe Sami didn't download the app anymore than a lot of us did.  Belle can be as mad as she wants, she's got that right.  But I'm over the limit with Marlena's crap.  She can give Ben a tongue bath every damn time she sees him - a guy who literally KILLED her grandson but she exchanges one word with Jan Spears and Presto!, Magic Marlena makes her always right judgement.   It doesn't wash.  

She had no problem hand-waving away what Nicole has done, though she wasn't too thrilled with her all that long ago.  But because Marlena is now okay with her, so Sami has to be, too?  Enough with this "Sami has to win" crap, too.  Of course Sami wouldn't want Nicole raising her grandchild and why anyone would expect her to is beyond me.  

I could do with a really long break from Marlena.  Any chance John might want to go on cruise when he wakes up?

Eli just shot to the top of the list, not giving in to Lani's emotional blackmail or extremely faulty reasoning.  I have an idea - maybe they can give Kristen's baby to Eric and Nicole as a consolation prize.  After all, we don't want a sad Eyeore roaming the streets of Salem.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

At least when Hope was presumed to have died, it was because she was dropped in a vat of acid which explains why there was nothing left of her to find.

Ciara presumably was blown up in car that was on fire. There was have been something left. Hell do the dummies in the Salem police have any proof that Ciara was even in the car.

Finally, Justin, you lost to Sami in court (suck it Nicole) where she she acted as her own attorney and annoyed the judge. Maybe it's time for you to find another career.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Really, they haven't been taping anything in nearly eleven months?

They filmed in Feb of this year and they have episodes into Oct.  I guess, if they're going to film episodes to insert to make sure holidays episodes they have in the can align with the actual holidays, then they must have filled episodes including Halloween not that the last time they filmed was Oct. 31 of last year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Lost in this custody battle why doesn't anyone bring up Lucas being an option? I know the show doesn't care for him but at least if you're bringing him back use him in storylines he actually fits. He's a better option than Sami and Nicole are.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Lost in this custody battle why doesn't anyone bring up Lucas being an option? I know the show doesn't care for him but at least if you're bringing him back use him in storylines he actually fits. He's a better option than Sami and Nicole are.

How? Recovering alcoholic with multiple stints in rehabs, ex-con, unemployed and living with his mother who was a part-time father to Allie.

He signed off on Sami with the order of protection against Nicole and Eric, and hasn't tried to get custody even when everyone was telling Sami that she was going to lose.

In the real world, they all look terrible on paper but Sami still would have been awarded gotten custody as nearest of kin when Allie slinked out of town.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

How? Recovering alcoholic with multiple stints in rehabs, ex-con, unemployed and living with his mother who was a part-time father to Allie.

He signed off on Sami with the order of protection against Nicole and Eric, and hasn't tried to get custody even when everyone was telling Sami that she was going to lose.

In the real world, they all look terrible on paper but Sami still would have been awarded gotten custody as nearest of kin when Allie slinked out of town.

Well Lucas has his issues but he's not worse than Sami/Nicole to me who have tried to kill people. I would've liked for him to have more of a role in this tbh but they only care about Sami and Nicole's POVs even though the story would've been better IMO if Lucas and Eric were allowed to have bigger roles.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, boes said:

What a terrible tragedy, huh?  The whole town is in mourning.  Ciara?  No, I mean Kristen's boots.  Does the woman OWN any other footwear?  Methinks there's a bit of fetish play going on with lil' baby boy Brady and his almost-Momma.  

But Ciara.....sad, isn't it?  She got all burnt up in this magical fire that burned so bright and so fast that there wasn't a scrap of her left - but her jewelry survived, intact!  I had no idea that Cracker Jack was making their surprises out of such superior material.  Well, even though they'll have no body of Ciara's to bury, I bet that stick up her ass survived.  If not, maybe they can bury the carburetor.  

I'll stand alone in this corner but I'm not only glad Sami won, I'm even happier Marlena's bullshit rolled right off her back.  Maybe Sami didn't know what Jan Spears did to Belle,  maybe Sami didn't download the app anymore than a lot of us did.  Belle can be as mad as she wants, she's got that right.  But I'm over the limit with Marlena's crap.  She can give Ben a tongue bath every damn time she sees him - a guy who literally KILLED her grandson but she exchanges one word with Jan Spears and Presto!, Magic Marlena makes her always right judgement.   It doesn't wash.  

She had no problem hand-waving away what Nicole has done, though she wasn't too thrilled with her all that long ago.  But because Marlena is now okay with her, so Sami has to be, too?  Enough with this "Sami has to win" crap, too.  Of course Sami wouldn't want Nicole raising her grandchild and why anyone would expect her to be is beyond me.  

I could do with a really long break from Marlena.  Any chance John might want to go on cruise when he wakes up?

Eli just shot to the top of the list, not giving in to Lani's emotional blackmail or extremely faulty reasoning.  I have an idea - maybe they can give Kristen's baby to Eric and Nicole as a consolation prize.  After all, we don't want a sad Eyeore roaming the streets of Salem.

Not alone in the corner Boes.  I was also glad the judge showed some semblance of a brain and gave Sami custody.  Especially, since it's only temporary, it's not like it's permanent.  How much does anyone want to bet that after the big fight for the kid, Eric and Nicole barely nod at it in passing?

And I LOVED when Sami brought up that people HAVE been found to have recovered (i.e. Ben and Claire.)  Clearly, Marlena was pissed because it was her precious Belle who might be in jeopardy.  Obviously, she cares more about her welfare than anyone else's.  The only thing that could have made it better was if Sami brought up how accepting Marlena has become of Kristen.  She seemed perfectly willing to give her the benefit of the doubt too.  I guess the only person who can never get the benefit of the doubt from Marlena is Sami.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I liked the judge informing Sami that she had looked in to *her* crimes.

Is Sami the best option for custody? Probably not. Lucas would have been the better choice. Sami's behaviour in court was unpleasant. At least it's only temporary. Poor kid. I don't know anything about the Days digital series. No idea of Jan Spears is mentally sound or not. Whether she should have been released, or not. If she bought her way out and plans to move to say, Europe, and enjoy her wealth, all the power to her. Nothing Jan did or Nicole did 20 years ago is any sort of reflection as to who they are today.

Lani, oopsie that Eli heard you talking about him on the phone with Kristen.

Doc changed clothes. She did have the right to tell Sami off. She does go off and do whatever and at her age, her behaviour is a bit off-putting.

Since when did half of Salem care anything about Ciara? She is missing and only presumed dead because of the car fire. No body, no anything. Just some jewelry.

Brady, you don't want to get involved in the Xander and Philip battle over Titan. Well, there can be three of you duking it out in front of Uncle Victor.

Nice that Eli got a job bringing room service.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was surprised but pleased when the judge awarded custody of Billy Bob Horton (TM someone on this board) to Sami. Damn, Justin, beaten by a woman with no legal know-how who represented herself. I think it's time for Justin take up another career. When was the last time he won a case?

Did the judge say that she had to make her decision without knowing what Allie's current wishes are?? Didn't Allie abandon that baby, thereby forfeiting any say on what should happen to him? So why should it her opinion matter anymore?

• Love 7
On 9/11/2020 at 4:21 AM, Frozendiva said:

@kitmerlot1213, it's almost funny that Gabi's boyfriends cheated on her with...... Lani.

So Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaa is presumed dead because someone found a piece of jewelry. No remains? She wasn't seen in the car. She's probably locked up in one of the buildings or Vincent had someone pick her up and take her elsewhere. Unless he threw her in the trunk or something. Vincent was apprenhended or got away - to the car that had Ciara to whisk her off? There should be a full investigation. And seriously, hardly anyone actually dies in Salem. They all come back eventually.

Do feel badly that Hope has 'lost' two children now. Please, Ben, try to show more than a scrunched up face when mourning the love of your life. He and Hope do make a strangely attractive pair.

Doctor Sarah, you should find a private room to smooch with your schmoopy boyfriend. It's a little inappropriate.

Belle seemed grown up. Liked when she knocked Philip over, thinking he was Jan Spears.

Wonder how long Victor will dangle the CEO position for both Xander and Philip.

Chad, stop being so smug. Abs is back and you still have to deal with Shin or Shin Jr.

Nibbles is moving to Gabi's room? Why? Jake should get that one since it is larger and he is actually, er, family.

Nice dosing of Abs' wine and her talking about her mission. Too bad Abs didn't drink the wine and the hallucinogen will just get poured down the sink. Still the finger nibbling.

The only real emotional at the 'loss' of Ciara was Belle and Shawn.

With Dr Rolf's resurrection potion ,its hard to actually buy that a character has died ,let alone dread that they might die when they find themselves in a sticky situation. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Not alone! I was thrilled. Tired of everyone dumping on Sami, especially her own mother. 

6 hours ago, nilyank said:

But Sami aided Iraqi terrorists disguised as Stan , aided a well known serial killer Andre DiMera ,was a drug dealer who supplied her step daddy with morphine and ofcourse blackmailed Lexie to tell Carrie that Austin and Carrie must not have kids because the kids will end up being mutants and so on. All this is public knowledge in salem and yet they were never brought up. This is why this custody hearing was just filler and all-plot .

Sami's rap sheet is twenty million percent worse than Lucas's. 

It would have been better if they awarded custody to Marlena atleast. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4

When Eli brings up all the horrific things Kristen has done and never paid for ,Lani simply does not care. I do wonder  If Kristen had raped,kidnapped,tortured,killed,ripped a child from the body of a woman she cared about would Lani still be cheering for Kristen ? The only explanation for her support for Kristen is if she and Kristen did the nasty while they were still nuns .

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, bannana said:

That is probably true, but didn't Lucas conspire to get Sami killed on death row?

Lucas let Kate frame her for killing Franco which Lucas did to protect Kate but Lucas also tried to stop Sami from being killed on death row(which BTW was a 1000x better than Ben's version).

Eli is too good for Lani and one of the few characters on this show with any real sense. If I liked him more I'd actually feel bad about that. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Lucas let Kate frame her for killing Franco which Lucas did to protect Kate but Lucas also tried to stop Sami from being killed on death row(which BTW was a 1000x better than Ben's version).

Eli is too good for Lani and one of the few characters on this show with any real sense. If I liked him more I'd actually feel bad about that. 

Lucas did not know that Kate had done that until after she had put her diabolical plan into motion.  Lucas had runaway with Will and got into a car accident that led to Will having to had brain surgery at 2 years old.  He was the one that ultimately saved Sami from getting executed.. Kate had no remorse whatsoever..

Eli has no cojones when it comes to Lani.. He just does whatever the hell she wants.. Eli could be so much more as a leading man who is a Horton but we have Ron at the helm, so...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

The more I watch Marlena, the more she seems to channel the Hattie character. I miss the Marlena of the 70s and 80s. Those scenes with Will last week were practically cringeworthy.Talk about over the top! I think Deidre is just in it for the paycheck now.

• Love 10
On 9/11/2020 at 11:12 PM, DaphneCat said:

Not alone in the corner Boes.  I was also glad the judge showed some semblance of a brain and gave Sami custody.  Especially, since it's only temporary, it's not like it's permanent.  How much does anyone want to bet that after the big fight for the kid, Eric and Nicole barely nod at it in passing?

And I LOVED when Sami brought up that people HAVE been found to have recovered (i.e. Ben and Claire.)  Clearly, Marlena was pissed because it was her precious Belle who might be in jeopardy.  Obviously, she cares more about her welfare than anyone else's.  The only thing that could have made it better was if Sami brought up how accepting Marlena has become of Kristen.  She seemed perfectly willing to give her the benefit of the doubt too.  I guess the only person who can never get the benefit of the doubt from Marlena is Sami.

How is the judge giving Sami custody showing that she had a brain? Sami's behavior in that courtroom was atrocious. If I was that judge, even if I decided not to give custody to Nicole and Eric, I wouldn't have given it to Sami. Her behavior would have deemed her not fit to take care of a potted plant. I don't know why that judge insisted that they were the only viable options. Allie's got plenty of other aunts and uncles and Sami is not the closest blood relation to Allie because Lucas is just as much that baby's grandparent as Sami.

As far Marlena never giving Sami the benefit of the doubt, I'm pretty sure in the not too distant past Marlena consoled Sami and assured her that she was not responsible for John's aneurysm. When Allie went off on Sami after Nicole and Eric's wedding, Marlena assured Allie that her mother loved her and told Allie she was just as much to blame for their problems. The only reason she is marginally "accepting" of Kristen is because Brady's basically made it a condition of being in his life. I think she has every right to be pissed that once again Sami was selfish and didn't think of anyone but herself and set loose someone who just recently terrorized her sister. And Sami didn't even express genuine remorse over it. 

• Love 3
On 9/9/2020 at 11:59 PM, Irlandesa said:

But they had basically come to a detente over that and really hadn't had much to do with one another.  No, they didn't necessarily like one another but I think it's a pretty big jump between not liking to active poisoning.

I don't really believe they'd come to any detente. As CanaryFan said, it absolutely makes sense that they would suspect Gabi because she'd drugged Abigail once before. I think the show was trying to set it up that it could be Gabi, or wanted the audience to suspect her. Before it happened, she was "talking" to Stefan and vowing revenge against Abby and Chad for Chin not making her CEO. Then she went and told Chad and Abigail she was going to get them back, which is when she grabbed the champagne glass and why they thought she had the opportunity to drug her.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:14 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I keep asking this by why does Sarah insist on using this little girl baby voice with Xander, it's kind of freaking me out now. 

I assume the actress thinks it's cute, but that's a HARD NO for me. 

The more I think about the judge's ruling, the more it doesn't make sense. In the million and one other times she was about to rule she was ruling in Eric and Nicole's favor. In her long, drawn out decision she basically said that none of the so-called evidence Sami produced at trial swayed her because it couldn't be proven. Then she says she's only giving Sami custody since she's the closest next-of-kin, which isn't true because Lucas is still alive. So, it doesn't make sense why she changed her mind. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How is the judge giving Sami custody showing that she had a brain? Sami's behavior in that courtroom was atrocious. If I was that judge, even if I decided not to give custody to Nicole and Eric, I wouldn't have given it to Sami. Her behavior would have deemed her not fit to take care of a potted plant. I don't know why that judge insisted that they were the only viable options. Allie's got plenty of other aunts and uncles and Sami is not the closest blood relation to Allie because Lucas is just as much that baby's grandparent as Sami.

But none of those other relatives came forward to ask for custody including Lucas. The judge really cannot make someone take that child if they are not legally required to do so. So if she isn't going to give him to Sami or to Eric and Nicole, then that baby was going into foster care which would be ridiculous. Regardless of Sami's behavior in court, Sami is financially stable, has no history of endangering a child, has raised four children into adulthood, is the closest kin and has requested custody of her grandson. This should have never gone to court nor should have the judge indicated that she was going to give custody to Eric and Nicole based on some unproven note that may or may not have been written note by the mother who had disappeared.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I assume the actress thinks it's cute, but that's a HARD NO for me. 

The more I think about the judge's ruling, the more it doesn't make sense. In the million and one other times she was about to rule she was ruling in Eric and Nicole's favor. In her long, drawn out decision she basically said that none of the so-called evidence Sami produced at trial swayed her because it couldn't be proven. Then she says she's only giving Sami custody since she's the closest next-of-kin, which isn't true because Lucas is still alive. So, it doesn't make sense why she changed her mind. 

I don't think the actress chose to do this I think its the directors of the show. I think they see Sarah as a Melanie clone(despite the fact she existed  decades before Melanie but I digress) the way she showed up at Maggie's door, how she's the center of male attention, and forced into storylines etc. now the insufferable baby talk. Except I think she has a decent pairing in Xander(on chemistry alone as the writing sucks) and LG is a better actress.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

But none of those other relatives came forward to ask for custody including Lucas. The judge really cannot make someone take that child if they are not legally required to do so. So if she isn't going to give him to Sami or to Eric and Nicole, then that baby was going into foster care which would be ridiculous. Regardless of Sami's behavior in court, Sami is financially stable, has no history of endangering a child, has raised four children into adulthood, is the closest kin and has requested custody of her grandson. This should have never gone to court nor should have the judge indicated that she was going to give custody to Eric and Nicole based on some unproven note that may or may not have been written note by the mother who had disappeared.

And let's not forget, this is TEMPORARY custody.  The baby was already with Sami, and apparently she had enough evidence to get the restraining order in the first place.  For the judge to take him away, there really would have had to be more evidence presented than a note, which, even if they could prove Allie wrote it, they couldn't prove it wasn't under duress.

• Love 4
On 9/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, bannana said:

That is probably true, but didn't Lucas conspire to get Sami killed on death row?

i believe so but he did end up stopping Sami's execution by confessing that he was the one who killed Franco .

• Useful 2

Good God. They should have provided anti-nauseous meds before today's episode. Those never-ending CIN fantasies are ridiculous. And they have the same fantasy! Both of them named their baby Bo! I did howl with laughter though when Ben was caressing his pillow like it was one of Ciara's heaving bosoms.

Hope is convinced that Ciara is dead because the fire chief said "there was nothing to see". Like, he literally meant "nothing to see". (Enter scene from Clue: Who's in there? Nobody. I mean no Body. Mr. Body's body! It's gone!")

Edited by RunningMarket
grammar
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

So both Ciara and Ben are hallucinating about babies? Aw, they should name the baby Clyde.

Can Eve be charged as an accessory in Ciara's death?

Eli should arrest Lani for interfering with a policeman.

Marlena shouldn't even try to explain Robo John or his being Roman, or any of his past lives.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Hope is convinced that Ciara is dead because the fire chief said "there was nothing to see". Like, he literally meant "nothing to see". (Enter scene from Clue: Who's in there? Nobody. I mean no Body. Mr. Body's body! It's gone!")

My dad was a firefighter for 31 years so I understand quite a bit about fires so the way this is being handled to me is so idiotic. I know the Salem PD are morons but cops would understand about remains and fire as well. If Ciara was in that car there would be at least skeleton fragments and her rings would show evidence of being burned. I understand just the thought of your loved one possibly being in a fire is traumatic enough but no one here is using their brain!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
45 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

My dad was a firefighter for 31 years so I understand quite a bit about fires so the way this is being handled to me is so idiotic. I know the Salem PD are morons but cops would understand about remains and fire as well. If Ciara was in that car there would be at least skeleton fragments and her rings would show evidence of being burned. I understand just the thought of your loved one possibly being in a fire is traumatic enough but no one here is using their brain!

Right? It's idiotic even by Salem standards. And how did they find her rings in there, but they weren't burned? At least throw in "we found some hair" or something.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Putting spoiler tag, even though this is just my own speculation:

Spoiler

Did Ciara "die" in a fire because the role will be played by another actress, so they're laying the groundwork for why she looks different?  Did VK leave Days?

• Love 2

I liked Eli today he actually had balls and is speaking the truth a lot of us think about Kristen. 

I'll enjoy it while it lasts because you know he'll be forced to apologize to Lani for doing his job and be portrayed as the bad guy despite being right.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Both Hope and Eve looked more real today by not wearing much makeup. I don't know if Eve can be charged as an accessory. Vincent did his stuff on his own volition.

So, Ciara's rings, in perfect condition, were found at the explosion site. Nothing else. No remains of any sort. No confirmation that she is actually dead. She should just be missing and presumed dead. Vincent is also missing. There was no sighting of her in the car, or even a dummy that looked like her in the car. Which means she is alive. Somewhere. Most likely show up a few months from now with Baby Bo and find out that Ben is now with someone else and also is having a baby. Wouldn't that be just sweet! The show is hinting at a baby with both of them dreaming about a fantasy life. How much longer can they afford the Salem Inn? Is that the Kriakis or Titan guest room? Their apartment looked like a mix between Kayla's and Eric's place.

Welcome back John! How nice of you to pretend to have amnesia.

Lani, Eli did his job as a cop. You should be facing some charges - you just can't ignore crimes that your friends commit. Kristen is really your friend? She's using you to get away with her crimes. And maybe you are using her. Eli is not the bad guy. He does have a little bit of integrity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

That was a short episode!  I ff'd through all of the Ollie and Urpie and Baby Makes Three dreamscapes, though I did stop to listen to Ollie utter one (hopefully) last anguished CIARRRRRA!  

I blame this all on Wendy.  If she hadn't had the utter gall to get murdered by Ollie, NONE of this would have happened.  That seemed to be the direction Hope was going in, anyway.  Anyone think there will be at least one scene where Hope tells Ollie that NONE of this would have happened if her daughter hadn't hooked up with a serial killer.

I'm surprised neither John nor Marlena have bed sores from all the time they spend in the hospital.  When John woke up with his "smell the fart" face I knew he was back.  Does all that schmoopy crap the two of them do work for any of you?  Marlena's giggles seem pretty creepy to me.

I'm really glad Eli arrested and handcuffed Kristen, just too bad he didn't gag her, too.  Kristen has a strange way of appealing to someone's sympathies, though.  If she wanted to get Eli on her side, maybe not insult and mock him at the same time?  As for mocking, she was STILL in those boots and that S/M little girl frock.  Brady has the strangest taste.  

Rachel is doomed.

Lani sure had a pout on, didn't she, when she realized that Eli actually didn't dance to her tune.  I think she must be even more massively dumb than I thought, since not one word he said to her seemed to get through that thick skull.  How long before she's whining to Abe?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

Does all that schmoopy crap the two of them do work for any of you?  Marlena's giggles seem pretty creepy to me.

Something about the whole thing felt really off to me.  I think it was when he first woke up and she thought he had amnesia and she had that weird smirk(?) on her face.  It didn't seem to fit the situation at all.

2 hours ago, boes said:

Lani sure had a pout on, didn't she, when she realized that Eli actually didn't dance to her tune.  I think she must be even more massively dumb than I thought, since not one word he said to her seemed to get through that thick skull.  How long before she's whining to Abe?

It seemed more like she was glaring daggers at him at the police station.  She was PISSED.  How dare he not do what she says.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, howmanywords said:

If Ciara was in that car there would be at least skeleton fragments and her rings would show evidence of being burned.

Yeah, it is pretty amazing that her body was PULVERIZED, but her rings have had no damage and look like they just came from being cleaned at the jeweller's.

I knew Hope is not that smart, but boy, this is some kind of stupid.

stupid quotes GIF

I did feel bad for KA and KDP having to have this ridiculous dialogue today. I bet they pissed their pants in between scenes laughing at the idiocy of the words they had to say.

• Love 5