Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 9/27/2020 at 11:20 AM, nilyank said:

Nicole went through the grieving process essentially alone because she would not tell the truth to thep father (EJ). She lost her first baby while EJ was out of town and Brady was with her. She cooked up the fake pregnancy belly, buying a baby off from a scared teen, and then switching babies with Sami's child. That was her solution to her grief.

With her second pregnancy, she was spending the whole pregnancy telling EJ that Rafe was the father to punish him because he would always love  Sami more than Nicole. When she lost the baby but still in her womb needing to be extracted, she faked a fight with Jennifer and made it seem like Jennifer pushed her down some stairs and killed her baby. To get Daniel away from Jennifer. That was her solution to her grief of her second child.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:08 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Nicole left town after her second child was stillborn however I believe it was Daniel that pretended to be the father and Rafe knew.

The reason I had so much sympathy for Nicole after her "little dude's" death was entirely down to AZ. Even with all Nicole's shenanigans about paternity and trying to cock-block Jen from Tan Man, the way AZ played the death of her second child was very deft, and elicited the only time I ever felt bad for the character.  [It's also the first time I realized how much AZ matured as an actress]

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So, on today's show, we got to hear all about Allie's carefree life in London where she never bothered looking for a job because she was happy living off of her mom's dime and how she was constantly dealing with men coming on to her and how she wanted to make Tripp work for her attention and blah, blah, blah--does the show think this attitude makes Allie endearing because it doesn't.

And I get that Claire feels sympathy for Jan because they are both former mental patients but I'd be hard pressed to be nice to the person that kidnapped my dad and made my mom's life a misery.  Jan does look fabulous though.

Phillip's kind of a whiny little bitch and I like that he's being put in his place by Maggie, Sarah, his dad and now the Salem PD--it might be time to show some humility.

There's a fine line between empathizing with someone else who was in your shoes, and taking that person's side against beloved family members. It'd be one thing if Claire hated her mom and/or dad, but since they're supposedly a tight, loving family, I have to side eye how easily Claire takes the side of Jan over her own parents. But DOOL never traffics in logic, common sense or reality!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

So, on today's show, we got to hear all about Allie's carefree life in London where she never bothered looking for a job because she was happy living off of her mom's dime and how she was constantly dealing with men coming on to her and how she wanted to make Tripp work for her attention and blah, blah, blah--does the show think this attitude makes Allie endearing because it doesn't.

That sounds just like Abigail, doesn't it?   Remember when she was basically auctioning off her virginity and the two highest bidders were Chad and Cameron?  Abigail had taken some sort of purity pledge and whichever guy debased or impressed her the most "won" her as the prize.  

And Abigail only managed to get WORSE from there.  

Ally's Horton genes appear to be dominant.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, boes said:

That sounds just like Abigail, doesn't it?   Remember when she was basically auctioning off her virginity and the two highest bidders were Chad and Cameron?  Abigail had taken some sort of purity pledge and whichever guy debased or impressed her the most "won" her as the prize.  

And Abigail only managed to get WORSE from there.  

Ally's Horton genes appear to be dominant.

I actually wrote off Abigail when she was encouraging her mother to go after Daniel and Jacks "body" was not even cold in the ground.  Not to mention, attacking Chloe physically for looking at Daniel.. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I personally thought Tripp acted guilty at the end of to days show but that could mean there's a twist coming 

Didn't Allie say she was drunk when Tripp brought her home?  Heaven help us - please not another story where the guy has non-consensual sex (dare I even say rape?) with a girl!!! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, boes said:

Remember when [Abigail] was basically auctioning off her virginity and the two highest bidders were Chad and Cameron?  Abigail had taken some sort of purity pledge and whichever guy debased or impressed her the most "won" her as the prize.  

Fucking fuck lol.

Phillip is coming off deranged to me and his face looks like it's melting. He provides me with so many laughs and I really appreciate it.

I skipped pretty much everything else. I may go back and watch the Tripp/Allie scenes. My sister hates pretty much the whole show at this point so she makes us fast forward through most of it. I don't really understand why we're even still bothering!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Except for being American, Allie isn't particularly glamorous or interesting or exciting. Hanging around the clubs in Kensington? Maybe Knightsbridge or the Soho area. So she met Tripp at a club? Her story seems a bit vague and with lots of details left out. Nicole seems empathetic but in search of the real story.

Yeah, Steve, grill your son about being a baby daddy. First he actually needs to talk to Allie and arrange a paternity test to ensure he is the daddy.

Enjoyed Xander's giggling at Philip being arrested.

Victor got around. At least Shawn said he was temporarily working for the Salem PD, which gives him a reason to be there. Granted, there only seems to be one detective working - Eli - so the cop shop is short-handed or seriously defunded. 

How long is Jan Spears going to stick around?

Did like Maggie telling Philip that Xander does have a good side and that he has helped her and saved her life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Since my 2 favorite couples (Eric & Nicole and Ben & Ciara) have been split up I said I would take a break from watching.  One major thing that keeps me tuned in is my great love for all things Nicole.  I'm at least glad we got to see them lovingly together for a decent period of time before they were split up.  The same goes for Ben & Ciara. 

Kristen and Brady together are another reason I stay put.  I know I'm in the minority.  She has done horrible, horrible things but I remember her in the beginning and how much she always wanted a child (much like Nicole).  I'll always feel for both of them for that reason alone.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fucking fuck lol.

Phillip is coming off deranged to me and his face looks like it's melting. He provides me with so many laughs and I really appreciate it.

I skipped pretty much everything else. I may go back and watch the Tripp/Allie scenes. My sister hates pretty much the whole show at this point so she makes us fast forward through most of it. I don't really understand why we're even still bothering!

I know!  That face!  If it got stretched any tighter he'd be hearing out of his nostrils.  He looks like one of those creepy ventriloquist puppets.

giphy.gif

Fadda, your son and heir is home!

I guess Show thinks that they can make us care about this Ally storyline but I already don't believe a word out of her mouth.  She's such an unpleasant, mooching boor I can't believe anyone would willingly spend 10 minutes with her.  

I liked NuClaire at the start but now she's working my last nerves with all this Ciara tribute crap.  What is she going to suggest, they hold a bonfire?  

Lani, Kristen, Ally, Nibbles, NuClaire, Crispy Ciara, Julie, Smarmy Nicole, Baby-voiced Sarah, Show isn't exactly going out of its way to create or support any worthwhile heroines.  

Right now my favorite character is Harold.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
1 minute ago, Rafael said:

Kristen has no redeeming qualities and Carlivati's  pathetic attempts to redeem her is making several people look super dumb !!!!

Without excusing her past, she appears to be a good mother AND a good friend.

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Without excusing her past, she appears to be a good mother AND a good friend.

A good mother wouldn't dump her kid off and risk only seeing her during prison visits just so she could go have sex.  That's all we saw.

And a good friend wouldn't put her friend in a position to have to choose between her friend and her job/husband.

Edited by DaphneCat
She seems to be neither a good mother or a good friend.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

"I can't believe Kristen could go to prison over something Eli did."

Wait -- what? I can't believe anyone thinks that. Is Lani even stupider than Brady? (Is that even possible?)

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wait -- what? I can't believe anyone thinks that. Is Lani even stupider than Brady? (Is that even possible?)

Yes.  I have never liked Lani.  Remember when she was new in town and threw herself at every single man?  Rafe, JJ, Shawn, Eli, back to JJ... I can't even remember... she's awful.  She's never been a compelling character, or believable as a cop.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Philip: I told you that [I threatened to murder Jan Spears] in confidence!

Maybe Bonehead Black actually gets the stupid from Pop-Up Victor? Is it possible that Pop-Up Victor just has people killed whenever they start to notice how poor his decision-making skills are? I'm fairly certain Philip "Captain Scarlet" Kiriakis doesn't get that from Kate, the last year notwithstanding.

Heritable stupidity on the Kiriakis side could explain Justin's response to Bonnie and his attachment to that damned hat.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

today's show:

Is Ben coming on to Hope? Blech

Why does Ben pronounce Cierra as "Sarah". It is confusing when we also have a Sarah

Phillip is a slime ball

Xander is really trying. Poor dopey boy

Oh forgot: Yuk to Kristen and her toy boy

Edited by brisbydog
Snuffling baby noise ffs
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Except for being American, Allie isn't particularly glamorous or interesting or exciting.

Have to agree.   There doesn't seem to be much that's appealing.  For all that shopping she was doing, her wardrobe sure is lacking.  What on earth was that thing she had on?

Had to laugh at Steve and Tripp's conversation.   Tripp says he met Allie while he was in London.  No more than that.  And Steve jumps to Tripp being the father.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Oh forgot: Yuk to Kristen and her toy boy

My only caveat to your most excellent post......Brady is about as much a boy toy as Kristen is too young to be a mother.

• LOL 10
10 minutes ago, boes said:

My only caveat to your most excellent post......Brady is about as much a boy toy as Kristen is too young to be a mother.

Well Brady was born in 1992 when Kristen was already pushing  40 so she must be about 100 to his 50 about now

My boo Vincent is back. We are supposed to be on his side when Ben is man handling him, right?

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Why does Ben pronounce Cierra as "Sarah".

I've never understood Ciara's name in the first place. It seems to be pronounced "Sierra" most of the time, but sometimes (and only sometimes, as far as I can tell) Hope will say something more like "See-AH-ra." It's apparently not based on the Italian name Chiara (equivalent to "Claire"). I'm not too surprised that Ben sometimes makes it sound like "Sara." (Wilson's a bit of a mushmouth sometimes, I find.)

Genie Francis played a character called Ceara at one point (pronounced Seer-ra, as I recall) and I can never remember if that was here or on All My Children, and I get her mixed up with Diana Colville, anway. There used to be a little bit of a vogue in soap characters lugging around names unheard of in life, it seems to me. Or maybe the 80s were weirder than I remember, and people really did name their children "Trucker" or "Raven" (clearly these children weren't liked very much by their parents, but I digress...).

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I've never understood Ciara's name in the first place. It seems to be pronounced "Sierra" most of the time, but sometimes (and only sometimes, as far as I can tell) Hope will say something more like "See-AH-ra." It's apparently not based on the Italian name Chiara (equivalent to "Claire"). I'm not too surprised that Ben sometimes makes it sound like "Sara." (Wilson's a bit of a mushmouth sometimes, I find.)

Genie Francis played a character called Ceara at one point (pronounced Seer-ra, as I recall) and I can never remember if that was here or on All My Children, and I get her mixed up with Diana Colville, anway. There used to be a little bit of a vogue in soap characters lugging around names unheard of in life, it seems to me. Or maybe the 80s were weirder than I remember, and people really did name their children "Trucker" or "Raven" (clearly these children weren't liked very much by their parents, but I digress...).

Ceara was GF's character on AMC she played Diana Colville on Days.

6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

#TeamVincent I have zero sympathy for Ben

Vincent really is the only sympathetic character is this storyline.

I just realized why I can't quite like the new actress playing Claire--she's trying way too hard to look really young by constantly widening her eyes and trying to look helpless, it's pretty damn annoying.

• Love 10

Show is trying too hard with these storylines and ignoring the best mystery of all - namely, how did a baked, honey-glazed ham and the Crypt Keeper's (much) older sister manage to reproduce a (possibly) human baby?

Whether or not Kristen is found guilty of attempted murder, she certainly should get a long sentence for over-acting.  Brady's punishment should be served with a side of potato salad.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 13

Poor schmoopy Xander. Be good because that is who you want to be. Doing it for Sarah won't work in the long run.

Why is the creepy DiMera music playing when Jan is around Claire? Jan, you are a woman in your 40s - why are you hanging around a 20 something girl? Especially when you apparently tried to kill her parents and have just been released from a mental hospital?

Poor Shawn. Having to skip dinner with his wife because of Philip getting arrested for a heat of the moment threat on Jan Spears' life. What will happen to him besides him getting some sort of restraining order?

Ben notices how Hope and Ciara are alike by folding the pizza the same way? Did Hope actually eat the pizza? How convenient that Vincent's money burned in the fire and he had to use his credit card. Nice manhandling, Ben. Granted, Hope should not have gone anywhere without backup. Nice to see you again, Vincent!

• Love 2

Couple things bugged me about today's episode.  It really fell flat when Brady was giving Kristen his dramatic speech about how terrible life on the run is - like somehow she didn't know.  Um Brady......you've just spent the last how many months doing exactly that.  You would have happily continued living that way if John hadn't gotten sick and Kristen hadn't gotten (more) stupid.  What's suddenly changed since this last arrest.  And as @Silver Raven said, who in hell would give a PROVEN flight risk bail.  And she didn't even have an ankle monitor.

And Sarah's dramatic fight with Xander.  How exactly did he lie to her?  Yes, he didn't tell her it was Jan on the phone so I guess that's a lie of omission, but she's acting like he somehow manipulated/lied/cheated or whatever to get poor innocent Phillip arrested.  Since Salem IS the slap capital of the world I guess Sarah thinks it's OK for a woman (or anyone for that matter) to be manhandled - but only if she doesn't like them.  

I love Vincent being totally calm about being caught.  Hopefully, he'll remain true to character and not cave.  I'm also really hoping that Vincent used some of Rolf's drug that totally erased all of Ciara's memories and she's happily living with 3,857 chickens - never to remember Hope or Ben again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Sandman said:

Days had a naming contest for Hope's baby and Ciara won. She is the namesake of the R&B pop singer who brought us classics such as "Goodies" and "1-2 Step." (Hey, it was 2006.) As for Wilson, he's from Boston and I always figured the mushmouth thing is just the residual accent coming out. It's also why I think he seems to over-ennuciate at times, because he's carefully hiding his accent so as to not sound like a Wahlberg.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, boes said:

namely, how did a baked, honey-glazed ham and the Crypt Keeper's (much) older sister manage to reproduce a (possibly) human baby?

Or as I have come to think of it: How did old Lady Krankenheimer manage to get a human child by her well-burnished leather saddle?

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Days had a naming contest for Hope's baby and Ciara won.

I did not know this. I suppose I should be glad her name's not Boatface McBrady (pronounced "Fern").

• LOL 8

Best part of today's episode?  Gwen's speaking the unvarnished truth:  "Abigail's a conniving bitch."  I also loved Gwen's vowing to destroy her--Go Gwen, I hope you reach your goals 🙂

How much did I love Melinda's reaction to Abe's spilling the beans about Lani and Kristen's being friends?  If Abe hadn't run his mouth trying to shame Melinda into resigning, she would never have known the truth.  And I loved Eli's spelling out just how badly Lani's screwed up their lives with her insane loyalty to a violent psychopath.  I hope Lani and Kristen get a shared cell in Statesville--it's exactly what they both deserve.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Best part of today's episode?  Gwen's speaking the unvarnished truth:  "Abigail's a conniving bitch."  I also loved Gwen's vowing to destroy her--Go Gwen, I hope you reach your goals 🙂

How much did I love Melinda's reaction to Abe's spilling the beans about Lani and Kristen's being friends?  If Abe hadn't run his mouth trying to shame Melinda into resigning, she would never have known the truth.  And I loved Eli's spelling out just how badly Lani's crewed up their lives with her insane loyalty to a violent psychopath.  I hope Lani and Kristen get a shared cell in Statesville--it's exactly what they both deserve.

Lani is carrying twins and she lost her first child shortly after his birth, as a mother her priority would be to her unborn children and not a deranged violent psychopath like Kristen.. Pregnancies with multiples in the womb are considered to be high-risk pregnancies and she is in her mid-thirties, that adds another layer of complication, so, why would Lani seek out unnecessary stress in her marriage that would affect her growing babies.  She is becoming a dumbass like Brady over Kristen.. At least Brady is getting something out of his sick obsession with her, what is Lani getting?

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8

I haven't thought much of Nibbles since she was introduced but I'm here for her now. How can I hate anyone who wants to take down Princess Abigail!? Drag her!

Aww poor Lani is scared? Maybe the writers will have the lightbulb go off that being BFF with a deranged psycho cant end well. Why is she even still a cop?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I actually like Stacey more than I like her character but I don't have problem accepting her as Kristen most of the time.

But today during her scenes with Marlena, it took me a few scenes to answer the question why Marlena had any relevance to what is going on with her. 

Lani: wha wha wha I might go to jail.  What about my kids?
Me:  Should've thought of that A LONG time ago.  But they have a dad and a grandpa who are relatively law abiding.
Lani: My dad could be in trouble if it's discovered that his daughter is a dirty cop.
Me:  Should've thought of that A LONG time ago. But hey, at least you're somewhat acknowledging that what you've done is wrong.
Lani: I know how to solve this. I'll delete the evidence of my wrongdoing!
Me:  Nope. You haven't learned a damn thing and you're going to try to drag Eli down with you.

This story better end with Lani and Kristen becoming lovers or Lani heading down the slippery slope of villain because this too much.  At least Eli didn't cave....yet?

Are Kate and Jake going to have an affair? Seems like the show is opening itself up to the possibility.

I like this Abigail for the most part and she feels different than Kate's Abigail.  But her defense of Gwen makes zero sense.  I know I'm going to be very disappointed to discover what's motivating Gwen. 

• Love 9

Isn't that sweet, Marlena and the Crypt Keeper hugging it out?  Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy, all is forgiven.  Maybe Marlena can get some leopard print pants suits and she and Kristen can be twinsies!  Seriously, though, how far a jump is it for Marlena, really, to forgive Kristen when she's got posters of Ben hung in her bedroom like a teen fangurl - murder, schmurder, if you're a MOM and, apparently, a big fan of cured meats.

Everytime I hear either Kristen or Lani use the word "Mom" I replace it with "Marine Biologist" and somehow, a phrase like "But I'm going to be a Marine Biologist soon, I can't go to prison" sounds more fun, though just as spot on ridiculous as Lani and Kristen's Get Out of Jail Free Mom card.

Trask has got some nerve, holding Kristen responsible for her crimes!  What's with these mothers of murder victims wanting justice, anyway?  Puuuuushaw on that.  First we had Eve, holding a grudge for years against Ben when everybody knows if you're HAWT and Ciara lubs you, that's the only verdict that matters.

Now we've got Trask, still pissed because Kristen murdered HER daughter and she can't get over that either?  Doesn't she know Kristen is a MOM?  And she's not anymore so quit ur bitchin'.  

I'm hoping that Chad and Abigail are at least seeing that poor Nibbles gets a meal or two for watching those two rugrats.  She was digging into her nails today like they were made of roast beef.  

Chad was particularly prickish today, and Abigail was particularly high-handed and condescending.  Such a lovely couple, how COULD anyone wish them ill?

10 minutes ago, Sidney said:

The way Kate was drooling over Jake, she is going to so tap that. LOL

Oh, for sure!  

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

To be fair, Marlena looked and acted irritated when Kristen hugged her. She certainly doesn’t like her at all.

If she can like and root for Ben then she can like Kristen.. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2