Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

This rape plot is already making my blood boil. Allie has zero memory of the supposed rape, she has no recollection that it was Tripp, and she is throwing the word rape around. Makes her look like a liar who is ruining a guy's life and that is not the best message in the metoo climate. Ugh.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

This rape plot is already making my blood boil. Allie has zero memory of the supposed rape, she has no recollection that it was Tripp, and she is throwing the word rape around. Makes her look like a liar who is ruining a guy's life and that is not the best message in the metoo climate. Ugh.

Exactly! I do think a story about the issue of consent regarding sex under the influence of drugs and alcohol is something worth exploring that can be thought-provoking  and illuminating but Ron is the wrong writer to do that type of story..

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Allie absolutely DOES have memory. She remembers Tripp on top of her and her yelling “no”!

Welllll, hellllo Charlie! I'm surprised Ron didn't have him out of his wet shirt in no time We all know JER would have!!

He looked familiar, so I caught his name at the end of the show. Played by Mike C Manning. He was on The Real World:DC back in 2009 when he was 22. His storyline was he was coming to grips with his bisexuality. He doesn't look 33. He's got the body of a college aged kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Exactly. That's why I just can't watch it. It's just perpetuating the 'see, women just lie so they can ruin a man's life' bullshit and it's really gross. Allie is a shitty character played by a terrible actress as well. It's just offensive on every level.

I like the new guy. Can't wait until they ruin him lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'm not sure the actress is terrible -- at any rate, I'm quite certain the problems with the character do not originate with her, and if they are beyond her means to correct, that's not necessarily an indication of her limitations as a performer, in my view. I'm not sure what even the most gifted thespian could have made of this whiny, inconsistent, self-centered mess of a girl.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Allie absolutely DOES have memory. She remembers Tripp on top of her and her yelling “no”!

She remembers a hand on her wrist. She does not recall if it was Tripp

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
56 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm not sure the actress is terrible -- at any rate, I'm quite certain the problems with the character do not originate with her, and if they are beyond her means to correct, that's not necessarily an indication of her limitations as a performer, in my view. I'm not sure what even the most gifted thespian could have made of this whiny, inconsistent, self-centered mess of a girl.

The actress adds no nuance at all, which is maybe directing, but in any case she is absolutely horrible to watch lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Incorrect, Allie remembers a hand on her wrist, someone holding her down and saying "No" but she does not specifically remember that it's Tripp, she's just assuming it is because he took her home and was in her apartment.  That is not a positive id.

• Love 13

Kristin looked like she wanted to sleep with Eli.  Her facial expressions and acting choices in that scene made zero sense.  I kind of wanting her to say hold on minute I will let you take off the wire.   And I am totally team Eli.  
   Tripp decisions today were all dumb.  Going to the police station alone and not knowing why they were questioning him.  Going over alone to a women’s apartment who is accusing you of rape.  
    Ali and Claire talk was strange as well.   Why would Tripp keep in touch with Claire?  She is an ex-girlfriend who tried to kill him twice. 
This is also the second time Tripp framing Ben has come up  

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Yes, this race to accuse Tripp of rape is maddening.  At least we're getting to see Steve in protective father mode, which is the first time I've wanted to watch him since they removed the Stefano Chip®️ from his brain.  My only hope is that there's someone on the writing team will give Marlena a thoughtful discussion about how false memories can be created but I don't think crossing all of my fingers and toes will help at this point.  

While I'll agree that Tripp going to the Salem Police Dept without a lawyer was a terrible idea, I've watched seemingly countless true crime documentaries in which some naive American citizen will sit in a room and talk with police detectives without a lawyer present

Phillip has mostly been annoying me since he smirked his way into the Kiriakis Mansion but I was kinda cheering for him today when he showed up at the office and wiped Xander's nose in the failed attempt to have him fired for threatening that little minx, Jan Spears.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Felt sorry for poor Charlie having to buy not one, but two new shirts in a day. He gave off a slightly creepy, slightly off vibe.

I agree that Marlena needs to talk to Allie and probably the police about how false memories can be created.

Tripp should have been told why he was asked to go to the police station. Of course he is going to defend himself and deny everything. And he also made another stupid choice to go to Allie's place. Stay away.

Claire should not be talking to Allie about her previous history with Tripp and some of the crappy, immature things he did.  He wouldn't be likely to keep in touch with her after her actions toward him and others in Salem before she was a patient at Bayview. Allie could say that she thinks maybe Tripp assaulted her. She doesn't remember, she was wasted, she has no proof right now. If there is another attacker, Tripp still will suffer a lot of damage to his reputation for years. Allie just may be on the watch list for lying or accusing someone without any evidence. Steve should still be a bit objective about his son. He doesn't know him all that well and just because he is family, it doesn't mean he has the same moral compass or makes good choices.

Is it Salem law that a conversation can be recorded with only one side knowing? I too thought Kristen was coming on to Eli.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I binged the last few episodes, and so far I'm not seeing anything that proves Tripp raped Allie like she said he did. Right now, I can not trust Allie's recollections of what happened the night she was so damn drunk she couldn't even make it from the cab to her apartment. I get the feeling that the show is trying to use Tripp's anger as a sign that he could have gotten violent with a drunk Allie, but he has a right to get pissed off when he's accused of rape. I am enjoying Steve going into papa bear mode, but Tripp sure didn't inherit his street smarts; what an idiot talking to the police without a lawyer. 

Speaking of lawyers, I hate that Salem only has 2 lawyers because it leads to ridiculous situations like Justin representing his romantic rival's son, and Belle representing her ex-lover who was arrested by her husband or the crazy woman who terrorized her parents.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I fast forwarded mostly to the end as I usually do. Anyhoo, who was the guy that nuClaire tripped over? Is he a SORAS’D character or someone totally new that RC created for extra money? 

28 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I fast forwarded mostly to the end as I usually do. Anyhoo, who was the guy that nuClaire tripped over? Is he a SORAS’D character or someone totally new that RC created for extra money? 

New character introduced as a Titan intern, which means he was in London 8 months ago and raped Allie after Tripp tucked her in

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I watched Show today and skipped every scene that had Ally, Lani and Tripp in it, and it wasn't half bad!  I don't want to ff 'd Tripp, but as long as his storyline is about this Ally nonsense, well, them's the breaks.

Sad truth is, I'd rather watch Kristen than Lani or Ally, and I hate Kristen.  

But even this pruning might not work, if the alternative is Bonnie, Philip and Nibbles.  As uneven as Y&R is right now, at least it's better than Days is at the moment.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

New character introduced as a Titan intern, which means he was in London 8 months ago and raped Allie after Tripp tucked her in

Jeez! Spoiler much. LOL!!!! Thanks for the info though. I don’t think I had heard about the casting of a new young guy. I was still trying to remember who had been rehired and/or fired. I’d probably wouldn’t have figured out that he might be Allie’s attacker for another month or two. He looks very soapy looking but looks like every young guy on the soaps but he isn’t blonde.

Random question: When was the last time that a Days had a black teen actress? I know Theo (long time ago) for the guys but have they ever had a female black teenager? I’m drawing a blank. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Random question: When was the last time that a Days had a black teen actress? I know Theo (long time ago) for the guys but have they ever had a female black teenager? I’m drawing a blank. 

Paige’s best friend Mary Beth? Not a major role although I wished at the time that it would have been. I liked JJ, but Mary Beth’s conviction that Paige was too good for him was entertaining. 

The last major female black teen character who comes to mind is Wendy Reardon from the early 90s.

Yeah, Days could do better with diversity. <— understatement 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

Paige’s best friend Mary Beth? Not a major role although I wished at the time that it would have been. I liked JJ, but Mary Beth’s conviction that Paige was too good for him was entertaining. 

The last major female black teen character who comes to mind is Wendy Reardon from the early 90s.

Thanks. I do remember 90’s Wendy. She was on a lot but never became a big character and was soon forgotten. 

6 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Jeez! Spoiler much. LOL!!!! Thanks for the info though. I don’t think I had heard about the casting of a new young guy. I was still trying to remember who had been rehired and/or fired. I’d probably wouldn’t have figured out that he might be Allie’s attacker for another month or two. He looks very soapy looking but looks like every young guy on the soaps but he isn’t blonde.

Not a spoiler I promise just a joke cause the show won't let Tripp be a rapist and this random just showed up

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Not a spoiler I promise just a joke cause the show won't let Tripp be a rapist and this random just showed up

You're kidding, but I'd give you a solid 50% chance of being right.

As has been said: Days and Ron Carlivati both need to be banned from any stories involving consent issues. The state of the world being what it is, I'm just not here for a story about how hard life is for men who may be wrongfully accused of rape at any moment (what is with those troublesome women who always think they were assaulted but weren't, don't ever believe them). Ugh.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

As has been said: Days and Ron Carlivati both need to be banned from any stories involving consent issues. The state of the world being what it is, I'm just not here for a story about how hard life is for men who may be wrongfully accused of rape at any moment (what is with those troublesome women who always think they were assaulted but weren't, don't ever believe them). Ugh.

It's so fucking infuriating. Like read a fucking room, Ron, you dipshit!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's so fucking infuriating. Like read a fucking room, Ron, you dipshit!

This is the guy who had Kristen trick Brady into having sex with her thinking she was somebody else and then later made jokes about it

• Love 7

The conversation between Claire and Allie was especially infuriating.  Allie leaps from vague memories to saying outright that Tripp was the one who raped her.  Claire then begins to tell her every single thing Tripp has EVER done wrong since he came to Salem.  Allie angrily declares that SHE had a right to know those things. like she should have already been told.  WTH????  Should Claire have also told her every shady thing Xander, Ben, Philip, Brady, Victor, Nicole, Kristen, Chad, Abigail, Jake, Nibbles, Gabi, etc. etc. etc. have ever done because, at some point Allie may have or will interact with one of them?  Apparently, according to Allie, it is Claire's duty to tell her everything about anyone she MAY interact with.

'

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Like read a fucking room, Ron, you dipshit!

I guess it's never too late for him to start learning how to do that. Not that I'm holding my breath.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Tripp was wonderful today, wonderfully stupid that is--he goes to confront Allie, gets into an argument with her about what happened the night of the rape and then stops her from using her phone.  Tripp, I love you man, but you are massively stupid.  I did love his look of devastated anguish when he realized that Claire was on Allie's side as well.  I do appreciate that the show is going with a "everyone who reports rape should be believed" and then turning around and showing how faulty that assumption can be., especially if impaired judgement is involved.

I am deeply troubled by Allie's story though--first it's "a hand was holding my wrist" and it's now "Tripp was holding me down" and I don't like how she isn't even questioning her memory, even though she was apparently slurring her words and couldn't walk straight.  Good for Steve for being so bound and determined to give Tripp a fighting chance against this charge--and yes a DNA test on the baby would make all of this drama go away which means it won't happened until November sweeps.

I did like Phillip explaining to Xander just how dangerous Jan is and how she's targeting Shawn, Belle and Claire--at least Victor's giving Xander another chance to redeem himself.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I do appreciate that the show is going with a "everyone who reports rape should be believed" and then turning around and showing how faulty that assumption can be., especially if impaired judgement is involved.

If someone had sex with Allie in the condition both she and Tripp describe her in, then she was raped.  She's likely making a wrong assumption about who did it but she was raped.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

If someone had sex with Allie in the condition both she and Tripp describe her in, then she was raped.  She's likely making a wrong assumption about who did it but she was raped.

Oh no doubt she was raped, but I don't think it was by Tripp

I hate the way Claire and Nicole have condemned him when Allie herself has no memory that it was him

Easy way to prove it is a DNA test on Henry, which Jan will probably result tamper with just for kicks

Other questions:

Why can't Philip and Xander have separate offices?

Do we think Belle automatically becomes Claire's lawyer cause poor Tripp drew the Justin Short Straw?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

3 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Oh no doubt she was raped, but I don't think it was by Tripp

I hate the way Claire and Nicole have condemned him when Allie herself has no memory that it was him

Easy way to prove it is a DNA test on Henry, which Jan will probably result tamper with just for kicks

Agreed on both counts--Allie was indeed raped but I don't think it was by Tripp either, so when the real rapist makes himself known, Allie will face an uphill battle getting anyone to believe her.  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Agreed on both counts--Allie was indeed raped but I don't think it was by Tripp either, so when the real rapist makes himself known, Allie will face an uphill battle getting anyone to believe her.  

This whole plot is so distasteful. I hope with them filming closer to airing they see the reaction and put an end to it fast

Wonder what Philip is up to? I imagine Xander will be on to him soon but nobody will believe him now

• Love 5

I've been in the office this week so haven't been watching, but catching up via here. Two things:

• Tripp has repeatedly mentioned leaving a note with his phone number - has this come up with the police, etc? Usually rapists don't leave really easy ways of tracking them down.
  • Can't Doc just hypnotize Allie? Or does that only work on reformed serial killers?
Edited by RunningMarket
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Tripp has repeatedly mentioned leaving a note with his phone number - has this come up with the police, etc? Usually rapists don't leave really easy ways of tracking them down.

Allie said today that she didn't get a note.  My guess is that whoever came in and raped her after Tripp left took his note. Not sure why. It would be the perfect frame.

"He was willing to let an innocent man go to prison."

Oh Kayla, honey, no.  Do not defend Ben like that.

It's infuriating that no one has brought up a DNA test, especially in this situation.  Tripp's claim isn't that they both wanted it.  His claim is that it didn't happen.  There's a baby that Allie said could not have happened any other way.  This is all really easy to solve unless Tripp has some long lost twin out there who just happened to go into Allie's apartment after Tripp left. 

WTH Nicole?  What kind of discretion do you have?  Just going about blasting Allie's business everywhere.  You do want to start trouble.  Period.  I like that Steve called her out.

I did like the scenes between Justin and Steve. 

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

I've been in the office this week so haven't been watching, but catching up via here. Two things:

• Tripp has repeatedly mentioned leaving a note with his phone number - has this come up with the police, etc? Usually rapists don't leave really easy ways of tracking them down.
  • Can't Doc just hypnotize Allie? Or does that only work on reformed serial killers?

I doubt Marlena would bother.  Allie is just her granddaughter, not somebody Kool and Hawt like Ben. 

Marlena has standards, dammit.

• LOL 9
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The conversation between Claire and Allie was especially infuriating.  Allie leaps from vague memories to saying outright that Tripp was the one who raped her.  Claire then begins to tell her every single thing Tripp has EVER done wrong since he came to Salem.  Allie angrily declares that SHE had a right to know those things. like she should have already been told.  WTH????  Should Claire have also told her every shady thing Xander, Ben, Philip, Brady, Victor, Nicole, Kristen, Chad, Abigail, Jake, Nibbles, Gabi, etc. etc. etc. have ever done because, at some point Allie may have or will interact with one of them?  Apparently, according to Allie, it is Claire's duty to tell her everything about anyone she MAY interact with.

'

Why would Allie even make that declaration, since she was the one who didn't even know who he was until he showed up in Salem. I'm surprised she even remembered what he looked like. This SL is poorly done, even by soap standards. Again with the rape story. Ron only seems to have 2 modes when it comes to see creepy/rape, or revenge/hate. The only "normal" sex scenes seem to come after a wedding or reunion, when we know the couple is doomed. 

• Love 3
On 10/6/2020 at 5:44 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Exactly. That's why I just can't watch it. It's just perpetuating the 'see, women just lie so they can ruin a man's life' bullshit and it's really gross. Allie is a shitty character played by a terrible actress as well. It's just offensive on every level.

I like the new guy. Can't wait until they ruin him lol.

I'm trying to figure out why they'd bring Allie to town and write her character in a way that would make viewers hate her.  From the get-go there's been absolutely NOTHING likeable about this spoiled brat (and I agree the actress does the character no favors).  And now Nicole is asking "Are you absolutely sure it was Tripp?"   For God's sake woman, you practically told her it was Tripp, yourself.  This "rape" storyline is fast-forward material already and it's just getting started.   

Anyone taking bets that Charlie is the one that did it?   I hope not.  I liked it straight away, so it's probably him.

6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

'

As I was watching this, I was thinking this is one of the worst written conversation I've ever seen on a soap.   

• Love 3

I thought the Allie actress was okay at first but today was the moment for her to shine, regardless of the writing.  But the way she performed confronting Tripp was her acting like her brother stole her cookie.

And what was with her accusing Tripp of being drunk.  Didn't she just tell Lani that he wasn't?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Why can't Philip and Xander have separate offices?

When I saw they were sharing an office I burst out laughing.   How ridiculous.   Isn't Titan supposed to be some highfaluting international company?   Profits must really be bad if they cannot afford separate offices for the CEOs.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I'm not even watching the rape story and it's still infuriating me. Why the motherfuck would Ron wanna tell a 'woman falsely accuses a man of rape' story at this point in fucking time? It's so disgusting. I mean, any rape story, especially from him, is just not needed, but this particular one is just so bad. GAH!

I like Charlie but you all are probably right about him being the real rapist so I can't even enjoy him. 

Xander's hair is SO bad. Charlie and Claire have the exact same, horribly painted on eyebrows. Jan's constant blue eye shadow is hideous. I'm telling you, the hair/makeup/wardrobe dept. is evil!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Been back watching a few months. Not even sure why I'm still watching.  Last few days though, this Allie/Tripp storyline is driving me nuts. Not only does it affirm that the writers' sexual politics are just awful and shame worthy in this day and age, but the storyline and their ensuing conversations are ridiculously frustrating. Anyone with a brain (which I realize the majority of the characters seem to lack) could settle this with one simple suggestion, "Let's do a DNA test!" It certainly shouldn't be a foreign concept for Nicole who excels at both clandestinely conducting them and sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.  There's no valid reason why both Tripp and Allie wouldn't want one, since both are convinced at the moment that they are right.  This storyline would be different if Tripp had consented that they did have sex and the question was consent, but when he claims they didn't even bump uglies it seems like the next logical step would be to test the kid that Allie believes is her proof that they did.  The sooner the better so they can get on with what I fear will be a revolving door of people who probably entered her apartment that night so we have a list of possible perpetrators that they will drag out for months only in the end for it to turn out to be someone never on screen before. Or Orpheus. 😒

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Yes Alexandra Shipp played her she went onto those X-Men movies so after she was gone they casted another black girl as her friend named Daphne who was more neutral but loyal to Paige(and was completely ignored when Paige died).

I liked Mary Beth although it seemed she was more interested in Paige tbh. I would've gone for JJ/Mary Beth I wondered if their mutual disdain for each other would lead to more.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

What the hell is Nicole's role in Henry's life? Is she his adoptive mother or babysitter? I mean, she took him to his doctor's appointment without waiting for Allie (and Allie didn't seem to care) so that implies she is acting as his mother but then she tells Kayla she's got to get Henry back to his mother. UGH, what a completely illogical and stupid arrangement. Nicole is being taken advantage of, plain and simple. However, she is a goddamn busy body & gossip who goes around town blabbing secrets left and right, so I can't feel too sorry for her.

I still don't believe Tripp raped Allie. Now with the mention of Tripp leaving a note by Allie's bed, I'm leaning towards someone else entered her apartment after Tripp left and raped her. Although, why would the rapist take or throw away the note? A DNA test should clear things up, but with this show's penchant for DNA test shenanigans, I'm sure the results will be tampered with, leaving Tripp holding the dirty diaper bag.

The only good thing I have to say so far about this story is Steve & Kayla's involvement. Clearly Steve believes his son is not a rapist, but Tripp is not Kayla's son and as a rape survivor she would have empathy for Allie's situation and she shouldn't automatically believe in Tripp's innocence. As long as Steve & Kayla don't break up over this, I'm very interested in how this affects their relationship. 

Regarding Allies rapist:

1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

they will drag out for months only in the end for it to turn out to be someone never on screen before. Or Orpheus. 

This is exactly what I expect will happen. No spoilers, it's just that this show is so predictable.

• Love 9

I too find the Allie story distasteful. The she-said, he-said stories are very different. No 'we were both drinking'. Tripp claims he took her home, she barely knew where she lived, he helped her get in to her home, and then basically left. Maybe they can find the cab driver who can corroborate that Allie was so intoxicated that she could not walk. Maybe not. It was months ago and cabbies don't remember all their customers. Don't know if Nicole now believes Allie any more. Her story is too vague. Tripp is the last person she remembers so it must be him! It could be anyone - someone she met at the club who followed her home, maybe Tripp didn't lock the door, the dude could have been hiding in the flat, or heck, maybe it was the cabbie! Tripp should stay far, far away from her for a while.

I would think someone would doctor the paternity test. The actual 'daddy'. Whether it is the possibility of the new Charlie guy, who knows. Where did he come from? And he seems too interested in Claire.

Claire, you have no business telling Allie about anything. She is 22 years old maybe and can make her own decisions about things.

Steve, you barely know Tripp, you know about things he did in the past that were bad, and you should not be defending him like this. Be objective, be supportive. You are a private investigator and work or worked for the ISA. They could get a team in London to work on this. Kayla would be more iffy because of her background and because she is also a doctor who has most likely come across many rape victims.

Can't believe that Titan would be so cheap to have both CEOs in the same office. The speakerphone would be enough to drive anyone nuts. And who is Philip plotting with?

Jan, I like blue eyeshadow but yours is a bit much.

• Love 5

Philip and Xander did have separate offices, though we never saw it on screen.  

On Philip's first day, he got there early, had Xander's stuffed moved to an office down the hall and his personal belongings locked up in the janitors closer (which for some reason is located in a corner of the office and not in the hallway as you'd expect).  When Xander got there, the two of them fought about it.  When Philip sat in the desk chair, Xander pushed the chair, with Philip in it, out into the hallway and then locked him out.

Titan has such great luck hiring CEO's.  None that are actual adults, though.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3