Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It struck me yesterday (and this is just an impression not a spoiler) during the show that I foresee a Tripp/Allie (Would that be Trippa or Allipp) pairing to come once Tripp turns out to not be the daddy nor her rapist and guilt sets in.  Tripp will forgive her cause he'll feel bad someone else raped her after he left and Allie will lean on Tripp once she learns the truth.  Because it would be completely up Days' alley to spin a romance out out rape allegations.  Heck, they'll probably even do it in time for Valentine's Day.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

"DNA tests do not lie" That is a bit rich coming from the chief of staff as Salem Hospital of all places.

The wording of Kayla's announcement seemed awkward: "You and the baby share DNA". Aren't such tests more precise and can't they establish the amount of "sharing", indicating the proximity of the link (parent, sibling, cousin, etc.)?

Did the writers phrase it that way to leave open the possibility that Steve might have been the one to rape Allie while he was under the control of the Stefano chip? I am not sure if he is supposed to remember all that he did during that period.

The sample being switched by Charlie would be more palatable. He is like Chekhov's gun; I still think he may have been introduced for a specific reason, to play a crucial role in the dénouement of this plot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, wurdalak said:

DNA tests do not lie" That is a bit rich coming from the chief of staff as Salem Hospital of all places.

The tests themselves don't lie. It's all the shenanigans that go around them that casue the problem.

he wording of Kayla's announcement seemed awkward: "You and the baby share DNA". Aren't such tests more precise and can't they establish the amount of "sharing", indicating the proximity of the link (parent, sibling, cousin, etc.)?

I'm sticking with my long-lost identical twin theory.  It's a soap.  There would be nothing crazy about a long-lost identical twin happening to show up the same night that the other twin drops a drunk girl off, and then going in and raping her.  

6 minutes ago, wurdalak said:

The sample being switched by Charlie would be more palatable. He is like Chekhov's gun; I still think he may have been introduced for a specific reason, to play a crucial role in the dénouement of this plot.

Or, maybe Charlie had plastic surgery, so he could get away with identical long-lost twin DNA crime without being suspected.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Maybe Charlie had plastic surgery, so he could get away with identical long-lost twin DNA crime without being suspected.  

One Life to Live had a Ron retcon plot of an identical twin who underwent plastic surgery so I can  totally see this.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

One Life to Live had a Ron retcon plot of an identical twin who underwent plastic surgery so I can  totally see this.

But then there was Max Holden, originally played by James De Paiva, and when he left the show they replaced him with Nicholas Walker, who supposedly had had plastic surgery so he didn't look like the original Max, but then when James came back to the role, they just forgot he ever had plastic surgery.

• LOL 1
44 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

But then there was Max Holden, originally played by James De Paiva, and when he left the show they replaced him with Nicholas Walker, who supposedly had had plastic surgery so he didn't look like the original Max, but then when James came back to the role, they just forgot he ever had plastic surgery.

No, it was Todd and Victor, Jr.

1 hour ago, wurdalak said:

The wording of Kayla's announcement seemed awkward: "You and the baby share DNA". Aren't such tests more precise and can't they establish the amount of "sharing", indicating the proximity of the link (parent, sibling, cousin, etc.)?

Yes, the DNA test should list a percentage of match. So you could differentiate a parent from another relative. Even brothers would have a difference. Half brothers even more. This is what bugs me about this plot point. The only way the DNA isn't Days playing fast and loose with medical facts is if it was a twin, and that's so clichéd. Plus they just played that card with Jake/Stefan. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

No, it was Todd and Victor, Jr.

Todd and Victor Jr. was a RoJohn/Roman type of situation where plastic surgery was initially used to explain why the character looked different and when the original actor came back, they said plastic surgery version of the character was actually someone else. 

They didn't do that with the Max character.

But I don't think we're going to do a plastic surgery thing with Tripp/possible twin brother. It'll be something stupid that will likely frustrate me like the perp (probably Charlie given when he showed up) will be Tripp's half brother and that will be enough to trigger a match--even though we know so much more about the capability of DNA these days that they'd immediately be able to tell that he was from the same family.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yes, the DNA test should list a percentage of match. So you could differentiate a parent from another relative. Even brothers would have a difference. Half brothers even more. This is what bugs me about this plot point. The only way the DNA isn't Days playing fast and loose with medical facts is if it was a twin, and that's so clichéd. Plus they just played that card with Jake/Stefan. 

Didn't Ron write this story with Lucas and his niece, the one that Bonnie was passing off as Lucas' daughter..  Rex and Lucas are half-brothers via Kate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

DOOL isn't exactly known for its originality of late. (I agree completely with your assessment. The secret twin trope is well past its due date.)

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

DOOL isn't exactly known for its originality of late. (I agree completely with your assessment. The secret twin trope is well past its due date.)

Not to mention, eventually one twin gets phased out of the show never to be seen again because the actor/actress becomes overwhelmed with the work load... Anne Heche of Another World who played twins said that she would spend 15 hour days acting with herself and party scenes where the twins would interact with each other and others were taxing on her body both physically and mentally..

Edited by Pearson80

I got it.  The same demon (or maybe it was the actual devil) that possessed Marlena all those years ago possessed Tripp.  The demon raped Allie and both the demon DNA and Tripp's DNA are present because that's how it works????  So, Tripp doesn't think he did it because he doesn't remember and technically he didn't do it.  

Or, Allie wasn't raped in the traditional sense, but crazy Dr. Rolfe broke in and inseminated her with sperm from Tripp and somebody else that he mixed up in a blender.  Why you ask?  I have no idea.

• LOL 6
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

The tests themselves don't lie. It's all the shenanigans that go around them that casue the problem

Which is exactly why I mentioned the hospital itself sicen they are the problem; their lax procedures have allowed so many tests to be interfered with, it's probably become an inside joke with the writers. I did not question the technical validity of DNA tests, in the real world at least.

1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

This is what bugs me about this plot point. The only way the DNA isn't Days playing fast and loose with medical facts is if it was a twin, and that's so clichéd.

The show plays fast and loose equally with scientific facts as with legal principles. Which is why we have the "she's my beeeeeest friend" and "she is a mother to this widdle girl" as exceptions to having to be tried for committing a felony. Or how a rape which occurred in the UK will apparently be prosecuted in the US. Unless Allie rather nbrings a civil suit against Tripp; but that would probably be too subtle a distinction for these writers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

What in the fresh hell was Nicole’s look today? The outfit (was it a jumpsuit?) was bad enough but the hair was just on another level of bad lol.

Frumpy.

• Love 2

Nicole's outfit and hair didn't do her any favours.

Kayla should not say that Tripp 'shared' DNA with Allie's baby. There should be some conclusive 98.9% accuracy. No one has asked Tripp is he has any other family? That he is sure he is an only child? Who knows if his mother Ava had any other kids. If it is 90 percent accuracy, that still leaves a margin of error. Maybe call up Dr. Rolf! He may have a more accurate DNA test. If he can clone Steffy, he can certainly prove that Tripp is innocent.

Allie talking to Lani about charges is still a longshot. The crime happened overseas and it may be very expensive to prosecute Tripp. Granted, the cab driver would need to show up as a witness, folks at the club, etc. People's memories fade quickly, especially if alcohol is involved. Allie would be more successful at maybe getting child support.

Steve, why are you going to Justin? And why is Bonnie Lockhart still in town?

Tripp and Allie have very very different stories.

I guess this will drag on for a bit.

Eli, you left the hospital to visit Brady? Why?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What in the fresh hell was Nicole’s look today? The outfit (was it a jumpsuit?) was bad enough but the hair was just on another level of bad lol.

I tuned in for exactly one minute and could not believe what she was wearing. And was it cinched at the waist with a rope? It was some kind of seventies tie-dye horror show for sure.

On the other hand, I also saw some very nice subtle acting between Kayla and Nicole when Nicole confessed that she had been raped and that perhaps that had caused her to push Allie to press charges prematurely. At least the show had one good idea today! It's a shame the writers didn't develop this concept more.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

And why is Bonnie Lockhart still in town?

Because the soap gods want me to suffer. (No offense to Judi Evans! If she wants to stay and act, awesome! JUST MAKE HER ADRIENNE JOHNSON, who still has her hubby and brothers on canvas!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Dammit, NBC broke in with non-news news.

This! I saw roughly 15 minutes today and 2 seconds yesterday.  What grates me about NBC is that it would be one thing if it was breaking news of a final election results, but when it's simply updates that could be run along the bottom of the screen, just let us have an hour of non-reality. 

• Love 3

I got the whole ep. And I enjoyed it a lot.

I love this whole party plot. Gwen is probably my fave character right now honestly. And you know what, I'm down for JJ/Gwen.

Kate looks amazing for the party. I like Gwen's outfit but I'm not a huge fan of the visible bra. Abigail's dress is very MM Abigail lol. I kinda like it though. Jennifer looks good but I'm still really put off by CM's manner of speaking.

Chad's 'girl!' to Kate had me literally loling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hi JJ! Nice to see you again. How did you get a work permit for South Africa? How nice that Gwen made your travel arrangements. It's probably wherever you are in South Africa to either Frankfurt, Amsterdam, or London, and then another flight to Chicago and Uber from Chicago to Salem. Or rent a car.

Abigail is a CEO's wife and she does not have a shoe closet of a couple of shelves of event or party appropriate shoes? The kids took them? Really? So you have to snoop around Gabi's closet to find a pair? And come across some sort of envelope? Well done, Gwen.

Kate looked good for the party. Nice to see Jake out and about. Ben, take Jake up on the offer to rent the room above the garage. How much longer can you afford the Salem Inn?

I liked Jack and Justin talking. Not sure about the whole Bonnie business.

So happy that Cady McClain is here for whatever Gwen's big drama llama moment is all about because I love how she goes into hysterics.  All of the viewers who are used to Missy Reeves are probably going to be throwing things at the screen while I bask in the glory of Cady.  

Jake and Kate are fun because Lauren Koslow keeps herself so well pulled-and-tucked that it's ridiculous that Kate isn't getting some kind of action at all times.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Chad's 'girl!' to Kate had me literally loling.

That was rather awesome--I do adore it when BF goes off script with one of his one liners 🙂

I do wonder in what world Princess ABs is living in where she thinks their parents favor JJ over her or where Chad's constantly getting his own way in their marriage.  It must be in the same mystical world where she's done nothing wrong to Austin, Sami, Ben, Gabi and Andre.

I continue to adore Gwen and I can't wait for Abigail to realize just how much Gwen dislikes her and that she was completely fooled--good times.

• Love 1

"You look like your own self."  Well, no. And is he living in South Africa alone?  Isn't Brandon there?

In a town where DNA results get switched all the time, how is Kayla adamant that the test is correct?

Wait.  If that was a letter from Jack to Kate, why did it have a postmark on it?  Kate got it?

Really, really missing MR's Jennifer.  Especially when it's been so long since Jack's been  onscreen.  Also on a day like today when we could have had flashbacks.    Just Googled, and Cady is 2 years younger than Melissa, but she seems much older, and more matronly, and not Jennifer-y at all.  I don't think anyone could easily take on a role an actress has played for 30 years, so I wish Cady well, but I think it's going to take a long time for me to see her and think Jennifer.   I mean it took years for me to see Josh Taylor and think "Roman" and not Chris Kositchek. LOL.

Loved John and Marlena going through the scrapbook. 

Nice to see JJ, and Theo too.  

I'm not missing Hope at all, as I've been tired of her since around the time Hope killed Stefano, and she and Rafe tried to cover it up.  I do KA eventually comes back to the show, but for now, I'm fine with her being gone.

Question ...  how did Gwen find out this letter existed?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Really, really missing MR's Jennifer.  Especially when it's been so long since Jack's been  onscreen.  Also on a day like today when we could have had flashbacks.    Just Googled, and Cady is 2 years younger than Melissa, but she seems much older, and more matronly, and not Jennifer-y at all.  I don't think anyone could easily take on a role an actress has played for 30 years, so I wish Cady well, but I think it's going to take a long time for me to see her and think Jennifer.   I mean it took years for me to see Josh Taylor and think "Roman" and not Chris Kositchek. LOL.

I still see Roman as Chris Kostichek!!! I'll never adjust to the NuJenn. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

And is he living in South Africa alone?  Isn't Brandon there?

I thought he said he’s living with JJ.

Question ...  how did Gwen find out this letter existed?

Lol right! I’m looking forward to finding out how they make that make sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought he said he’s living with JJ.

Yeah, but Abe was worried that Theo was living alone.  Where's Brandon?

5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I still see Roman as Chris Kostichek!!! I'll never adjust to the NuJenn. 

Same here, Chris was awesome and he just sizzled with Savannah, the show's best villainess in my opinion...

I don't care for the new Jennifer, Melissa Reeves is Jennifer.. Recasting Jennifer at this point is like recasting Marlena or Hope..

• Love 6

Did Gwen write this letter on her own? Kate is going to keep a letter from Jack? Seriously?

The wine was sure flowing freely at the DiMera mansion. Guess to loosen Abs up. Wine and meds are not a good combination.

Nice to see some filler of John and Marlena's many weddings.

Kayla, you are a doctor and you know that tests aren't always 100% accurate. Sure you blame Steve for still believing his son's story. Tripp seemed blindsided by the whole thing and his story really hasn't changed much. He 'shares' DNA with the baby? To what percentage? Awkward to go anywhere.

Nice to see Theo again. He and JJ do make odd friends.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nice to see Theo again. He and JJ do make odd friends.

I wish I could say the same.  I was looking forward to seeing Theo again (Kyler Pettis).  I had no idea the role had been recast.  I was beyond disappointed.  So we now have a new Claire, Jennifer and Theo.  That sucks!  At least we got the same J.J.   

• Love 4
On 11/7/2020 at 12:33 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

Gwen's diabolical plan was for Abigail to find a letter and make a scene at the anniversary party?  Okaaay.  This supports my theory that Gwen is a character fumbling her way to villainy.  

They never had a plan for this character and it shows.

She started off fine being friends with Claire we got to know a little bit about her and she had a dysfunctional relationship with Jake which at first wasn't so bad. Then as usual it went off the rails. 

JJ/Gwen is a red herring I bet its going to end up that she's his sister.

I have to say even though I don't really care for MM's version of Abigail I do think that she works best with Casey Moss as she lights up around him.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/6/2020 at 8:31 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, ok, so they haven't explained how Gwen knew about the letter.   I'm only watching off and on, so thought I missed the explanation.  

On 11/7/2020 at 1:02 AM, Pearson80 said:

Same here, Chris was awesome and he just sizzled with Savannah, the show's best villainess in my opinion...

I LOVED Savannah and Chris. One of my favourite short-lived couples.

• Love 2

Oh, ok, so they haven't explained how Gwen knew about the letter.   I'm only watching off and on, so thought I missed the explanation. 

No, we don't know how Gwen knows but I am looking forward to the explanation 🙂

I'm really appreciating that it's MM in this storyline and not Mansi, because as angry as Marci's Ab' is, she still brings a humanity and a vulnerability to the character that KM never could.  I was also laughing at how much champagne Abby was guzzling--by my count, she had four glasses of champagne.  Man, after that many glasses, I'd have been drunk off my ass.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I must say DOOL really brings actors in and out. Old Abigail out & new one in. Original Jen out and a new one in. Tripp out for a while and he’s back. JJ written out and now he’s back. Do they just have a regular door and a turn style for the actors? No! You have to use the turn style. The door is for real actors with contracts. LOL!!!!! I’d love to know who’s job it is to keep track of all the actors and they payroll. That’s why I’ve never really invested in the show because when you die in Salem you don’t really die. Compared to the other soaps (maybe GH with the Cassadine’s) keep their actors pretty much off canvas whereas Days doesn’t give a rats a**. I don’t think Days has been realistic since the late 70’s. It was around the 80’s when Bo & Hope got popular the show became more of a cartoon then a traditional soap. IMO!!!!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

A lot of these people that come back aren't here for good but mostly a visit too.

I think with Days being broke we're going to have a rotating cast.

There were reports that once the lockdown ended, they were going to go with story arcs, with actors rotating in and out.

• Useful 3
On 11/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Gwen's diabolical plan was for Abigail to find a letter and make a scene at the anniversary party?  Okaaay.  This supports my theory that Gwen is a character fumbling her way to villainy.  

Um, OK, exposing Jack's ONS with Kate - while hurtful to Abigail isn't going to materially affect her life.  It's not as though it was *Chad* who slept with Kate!  I thought Gwen's plan was to blow up *Abby's* life, not her parents. Basically, the show oversold and underdelivered. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why do they believe that JJ spent the night with Gabi and nothing happened after he tried to kill himself, but can't believe that nothing happened between Jack and Kate?

I haven't watched yet, but Is Jack denying having actually slept with Kate? 

It;s not as if Kate and Jack are having a year long affair, they had a one night stand, and yes I can see that Jenn would be hurt by it, but in the end, I could see her forgiving him because of how emotionally turbulent everything was at the time.  I wonder if the other Hortons will expect Jenn to get over it the way they expected Sami to not be upset about Abs and EJ 🙂

I still love Gwen and I hope she has more plans up her sleeve.

• Love 7

To me, it didn't seem like Gwen had a big plan. She obviously just happened to hear Jack and Kate talking about their affair so she probably just added it to her list of things to fuck Abigail over. She was drugging her, she kissed Chad, she's pretending to be her friend, she revealed this letter. I just think she's kinda doing whatever she can to mess with her and doesn't have some grand plan. Which I appreciate honestly. She just enjoys messing with Abigail. I can relate lol.

• Love 10