Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed the scenes between Ava and Charlie; and it seems like they are laying groundwork that Tripp is unknowingly part of an intense sibling rivalry.  I definitely think that Ava is his mother; but Steve may or may not be his father.  I could easily see him as the child that Ava raised and he constantly had to hear about her yearning for his brother without really paying much actual attention to the son that she did have, causing intense resentment in Charlie.  It could be due to Tripp being the son of her obsession and Charlie not; or just be because she was physically with Charlie and not Tripp.  The actor playing Charlie really came to life in his scenes with Ava; and I do think that he was doing a bit as the nervous, nerdy character.  It is interesting that he chose to pursue Claire given her history with Tripp; and I'm pretty sure that he probably would've chosen to pursue Ciara had she been on the canvas.

I know that I'm supposed to find Allie at least somewhat rootable; but I just can't for reasons previously stated.  I would be much more understanding had she been a 16-17 year old teenager doing these things; but someone at the age that the actress appears to be should have a bit more sense.  Or, they could at least have her show some doubt and hesitation since she clearly doesn't fully recall what happened that night.  I would be rooting for if she became obsessed with finding proof somehow or forcing a confession rather than trying to have Tripp prosecuted with only her hazy memories to go on.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 10

I echo the love for the Ava/Charlie scenes. Charlie is actually super interesting to me now. I really wish they wouldn't have had him rape Allie (presumably). Now either he'll have to go or they'll try to turn him into a hero/lead and I'll be irritated because rapists shouldn't be heroes/leads. I'm still stupidly holding onto a sliver of hope that he isn't the rapist though.

I'm with you also @enchantingmonkey on being interested to see what they do with Joey. I think the actor is just kinda bad but imo his woodenness really works in this scenario so that whole thing is actually working for me.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really wish they wouldn't have had him rape Allie (presumably). Now either he'll have to go or they'll try to turn him into a hero/lead and I'll be irritated because rapists shouldn't be heroes/leads. I'm still stupidly holding onto a sliver of hope that he isn't the rapist though.

So I've been on the Charlie train for a while, even before his Ava scenes.  I just have really liked the slow way they've started to build him as flirting with Claire and caught between Philip and Xander.  In fact, I think it's the most care they've taken to introduce a new character in forever.  Just slowly without too much flash but still in an important place.

And while I wasn't overly wowed by the actor.  I also didn't find him particularly objectionable. 

I don't know.  Maybe they can do a story where they're both drunk which is why she doesn't remember that sexual experience? Maybe conflated the two instances?  Maybe talk about that tricky wicket.

I don't know. I agree. It's just not going to end well.

• Love 4

For a second there, I thought Charlie was going to throw down his blankie and toy, stomp his feet, and cry, "I didn't do it mommy!"  lol  But seriously nice to see some twisted psychological backdrop behind what has otherwise been a frustrating storyline.  I just hope there's more depth behind the actual events of the infamous night.  Like maybe a drunk and naked Allie thought Charlie was Tripp who came back and changed his mind about some sexy time and Allie did go along with it till a certain point where either she changed her mind or had a hint it wasn't Tripp. And did Charlie want Allie simply because his brother liked her that night? He doesn't seem interested in her now. Or is he utterly and truly just f-ed in the head???  Either way, if Allie thinks her mom/Grandma Sami is a handful, wait till she has to deal with Grandma Ava. 

Now if only Jake would turn out to be Charlie's Philly father. It would be keeping in continuity with Jake's mob ties in the past and give him something meatier to do on screen than roll around on a garage cot with the village bicycle known as Kate. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I'm shocked... SHOCKED, that Charlie straight up admitted to raping Allie today.  I thought that we were going to get vague lines to leave open to possibility that he didn't do it.  We now know that Ava is the mother; but Charlie had a different father by whom he was raised in Philadelphia.  Ava did seem to be legitimately torn regarding whether or not to turn in Charlie.  I think that seeing Tripp's presumed guilt causing a rift between Steve and Kayla will be what tips the scales to Ava not exposing Charlie, and thus prolong the storyline.

Edited by drtslim
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

A little more exposition today about the brothers.  Yeah, Charlie has Ava's reactions all worked out.

If that was really a black coffee that Steve was drinking, he just burned his tongue.

Does Basic Black not have desks?

The murderous Mafia princess has some standards.

Mike Manning is impressing me.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 6

Ugh, I was really hoping Charlie wasn't the rapist. The actor is really good and the character is actually interesting. I want there to be more to it, like the suggestions from @Irlandesa and @Peanut6711, so that maybe Charlie can be salvageable. Based on Charlie just straight-up saying he raped Allie though, that doesn't seem possible. I am not here for another redeemed rapist story, especially in this instance since I actually would probably buy it because the actor is good and then I'd just be annoyed with myself for that lol.

This story is actually providing some amazing scenes and acting in spite of how horrible and offensive it is. It's really too bad the Allie actor sucks and that the character is completely unlikable.

• Love 10

Today's episode was the best in a while. Charlie really went from 0 to 60 today. I thought his character was pretty blah up until now (handsome, but still blah) and wasn't sure how I was going to buy him being Allie's rapist, but it turns out his actor is just really good. He was able to play his character as a bland, innocuous nice guy with only occasional hissy fits then turn him into a truly deep and, likely, screwed up person on a dime. Impressive. 

I also really like the Claire/Allie scene. I've hated Allie ever since she was reintroduced and NuClaire left me a bit cold at first. Mostly because she looks so much older than the character has been played as up until now and the writing for her seems so bland compared to OldClaire's Chaotic Brat writing. Still, the actresses have a nice friend chemistry and it's been so long since we had a real genuine female friendship on this show, it was really refreshing. 

• Love 8

Ava, you as a mob princess, have standards? You're going to turn in the least favourite son to protect the Golden Boy? Why did you call him up to spy on Tripp in London, knowing full well that he apparently did not know that he had a brother? Is he some kind of lackey? He seems to be looking for your love and approval and acceptance, which is in short supply.

He really was cold to admit his actions. He does not want to go to jail. And now he has the collateral damage of a kid. Which is a bit of an inconvenience for his new life. It's going to be tough if he ever runs in to Allie.

Steve sure gulped down his coffee. Sometimes you do get the not so hot cup. I did like his talk with Tripp and how easy they seem with each other. How stable Tripp is. How on his guard he is with his newly found mother. Good for Steve to say hello to Allie.

Maggie's wig looked better.

Chloe looked professional and covered up. The table would be uncomfortable to work on all day as it did not seem ergonomic and there would be considerable back pain.

Ah, Philip, keeper of the locked up briefcase.

• Love 4

So when Tripp was the suspect, Ava thought that Allie was an evil liar. 

When she found out that Charlie actually raped her, Allie is now that poor girl.

Just more proof that Ava favors one son over the other.

I know they has Claire tell Allie how Charlie makes her feel so safe, but Claire never had an issue of boyfriend of hers being dangerous or scary with her. In fact, with her firestarters ways, she was always the bigger threat.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Or is he utterly and truly just f-ed in the head??? 

That seems likely.  I kept waiting for Tamara Braun to show some sign of vulnerability towards Charlie but she really didn't, and as much as I wanted to see it happen, I think it demonstrates how Charlie is just as damaged as his mother.  Those Ava/Charlie scenes were some of the best the show has done in quite some time.  

10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Like maybe a drunk and naked Allie thought Charlie was Tripp who came back and changed his mind about some sexy time and Allie did go along with it till a certain point where either she changed her mind or had a hint it wasn't Tripp.

This would make the story more interesting and more ambiguous with Charlie believing Allie wanted to have sex with him, and Allie still being certain that there was a point at which she said, "No" and it meant, "No".  

Was this the first time we've seen the Kiriakis Throne Room at John Aniston's home?  It seemed a little roomier than the set the show usually uses when Aniston isn't there.  

The Steve/Tripp scenes were really good, too, because a young man Tripp's age would totally believe he'd be able to manage his mother, while Steve would know that Ava isn't manageable but would indulge Tripp in his fantasy.  This is probably some of the best writing I've seen the Show give Stephen Nichols since I started watching.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The Steve/Tripp scenes were really good, too, because a young man Tripp's age would totally believe he'd be able to manage his mother, while Steve would know that Ava isn't manageable but would indulge Tripp in his fantasy.  This is probably some of the best writing I've seen the Show give Stephen Nichols since I started watching.  

Yep.  The umbrella (Or maybe octopus) aspects of this rape story have led to some of the best character dynamic writing this show has had in a long time. 

It's just too bad that the least interesting part of it is the victim.

• Love 12

Although I liked the scenes with Ava and Charlie, Ava jumping to conclusions of it must have been Charlie who raped Ali seemed awfully quick.  Not knowing much of Avas past ( was not watching the show her first time round) I assume she raised Charlie and there’s something in his past to make her jump to that conclusion.  
  Wish Ali would get some help.  So many people are talking about her and seem to care about it yet no one has advised her to get some Counseling.  Her grandmother is a therapist her favorite aunt worked at the Horton center. 
  Wondering how many times Ali has gotten black out drunk. It is very scary especially since she seems to be alone.  Girl code of partying is never leave your sister alone.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So far this week the writing has been....clever? Competent?  Whole?  I'm not sure what to call it.

But even though I found it ridiculous Abigail texted Gwen to tell Chad where she was---it's so easy to text him--I guess it can be explained away that she's still mad at him. 

But what it did was set up a really interesting scenario where both Jennifer and Chad think their spouses are cheating on them with the two people are actually having an affair.  So whenever they're each other's alibi for times when Jake and Kate are also missing, the suspicious spouses will always wonder. 

And finally a reference to Jack/Jake being spelled similarly.

I also appreciated Steve in PI mode. 

Sad they're destroying Charlie already but I loved him and Ava again today.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7

Days turned into a typical Lifetime psychological thriller with Charlie/Ava interactions today and yesterday... I don't know whether to be impressed or disappointed by this. 

Edited by Guest

Charlie really ramped up the psychopath factor today. While the groundwork had been there the whole time (and especially obvious to those of us who read spoilers), they really did the 0-60 with his character, as noted above. His weird hug with whispering in Ava's ear about Claire was... creepy. Now, I've never been knocked over the head with a large vase, but with no blood apparent, would you really be worried the person was actually dead? Would Ava even be knocked out for that long?

I'm enjoying the Gwen meddling. I will never enjoy Julie meddling. Although Jennifer had to know that Julie would call her buddy as soon as she was out of ear shot. And of course "name begins with J" adds to the confusion.

I never thought I would ever route against the victim, but the way Allie is written and acted makes it hard not to.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, nilyank said:

So when Tripp was the suspect, Ava thought that Allie was an evil liar. 

When she found out that Charlie actually raped her, Allie is now that poor girl.

Just more proof that Ava favors one son over the other.

I know they has Claire tell Allie how Charlie makes her feel so safe, but Claire never had an issue of boyfriend of hers being dangerous or scary with her. In fact, with her firestarters ways, she was always the bigger threat.

I honestly snickered when Ava went all "You forced yourself on that poor girl!" Yeah, what kind of person would do that, huh Ava? 

Edited by LaurainAZ
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2

Tripp knocks on the door then starts yelling through the door "Is everything okay?" before Ava even has a chance to get there.  What if she was in the bathroom?

I'm going to headcanon that Ava had her phone on vibrate which is why Tripp couldn't hear it ring.

Jennifer wants to gloom around about Jack having sex with Kate, but doesn't want to find out for sure.

"Julie Williams calling, how have you been?" Sol: Ugh.

Jack never lied about Kate, he just never said it happened.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 12/10/2020 at 11:08 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

With all of Gwen's blathering about how much she adores those children, I can see why the rest of them are falling for her shtick.

I like the actress (and it's probably the accent) but in most of her conversations I can just mentally add Gwen saying...

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

This.  That's why this whole thing is so incredibly stupid.  When exactly was Jack supposed to tell her?  The minute she woke up?  A week later? A month?  Maybe Groundhog's Day?  Valentine's?  Arbor Day?  Her birthday?  Christmas?  This is the sort of thing you ONLY tell to ease your own conscience, it does NOTHING to make your marriage stronger.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RunningMarket said:Now, I've never been knocked over the head with a large vase, but with no blood apparent, would you really be worried the person was actually dead? Would Ava even be knocked out for that long?

Abigail killed Andre with a cocktail shaker.  A vase seems more  plausible   

5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I don’t know that’s kind of a lie isn’t it ?  Especially if you are married.  
  Why isn’t Jennifer fighting for Jack?

• Love 2

Why is Jennifer in the oh, he is going to cheat of me forever now mode? Your husband of many years has been faithful to you except when he came back from the dead, had no memory, and married Eve. He slipped up once. He is human. You are going to make him pay forever. He brushed it off as a mistake, Kate doesn't really care, but you keep going through the spin cycle.

Julie, who cares if Kate was at the Salem Inn? She could have been having a business dinner at the restaurant. During Covid times, some hotels rent out rooms as daily workrooms. And who cares who she is hooking up with? Jack probably has a good excuse that he was Christmas shopping or meeting with Justin or something.

I too was surprised that Ava's phone didn't ring in the apartment. Tripp didn't seem like he could break down the door. He could have gone to the building manager's apartment and said he was worried about his mom. The manager would have the master key.

I did like Steve talking to Allie. He made her comfortable, did not judge her or anything. He also made the very valid point that someone else could have come in to Allie's apartment after Tripp left and that he was the one who assaulted her.

Charlie, Charlie. Yeah, your mom is a knock-out on the floor. And now you took her to your place to tie her up? She is probably higher up the Vitali food chain than you. You certainly have changed from meek, mild, nerdy Charlie to someone who is an actual villain.

• Love 6

*waves*  It's been a minute...  all work and no play makes SueB a dull poster...

Binged watched since October (thanks Peacock!).

Gwen/Abigail/Chad/Jack/Jen plot - good to see JJ. Yep, Jack screwed up.  But Jen is old enough to know that shit happens.  If they had had an idyllic history and Jen never any trauma, I could see her being so shook at lack of trust.  But she needs to move on.  Gwen is playing the family by the seat of her pants and still succeeding. 

Kate - you go girl.  She's getting some fine lovin' from Jake.  I'm good with that.

Gabi - what was THAT?  She flounces in and out in a day.  Weird.  Go be with Ari.  Get some humanity back.  

Tripp/Allie/Kayla/Steve/Nicole - I'm ready to move on now.  Glad the real rapist reveal is out because it was so evident that there was a different story.

Ava - You are a psychopath.  And so VERY VERY cold to Charlie.  I can only assume he's a chip off the old block.  I HATE stories where one parent so favors one child over the other.  I blame Charlie's madness on you.  And he's so pathetic in his desire for your affection.  You need to pay for how you twisted him.  And I suspect he raped Allie because he was trying to hurt "Tripp's girl".  GROSS.  So very gross.  Charlie needs to go to prison.  Ava needs to be stranded on a desert island with no wine and no one to talk to.  

What is up with Phillip and the permanent scowl????  He slouches with sort of hunched shoulders (a weird combo) as he slinks about the place.  Wash your hair.  Also, you seem very dumb. Like a cardboard villain we are suppose to see depth in... so far I'm missing it.

Xarah - I adore these two.  I don't care if she's overly cutesy (and she is so very over the top, my apologies to those who can't stand it) I must admit I'm enjoying the banter.  I liked her calling Xander a rookie when he had to go to the bathroom during their stakeout.  I like Xander going on full alert regarding Ava.  Sarah's Mata Hari routine is mildly entertaining but it all clashes bizarrely with her job as a DOCTOR.  *shakes head* logic was never a soap strongsuit.

Also non-sense - what the hell was the whole Jan Spears/Belle/Shawn arc for? 

Collectively, it sure looks like Salem has tuned into a younger generation as the story leads.  Ben is just sort of randomly in the background for now - I think they must be planning a recast or hoping VK comes back because it's a weird limbo state.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, SueB said:

Collectively, it sure looks like Salem has tuned into a younger generation as the story leads.  Ben is just sort of randomly in the background for now - I think they must be planning a recast or hoping VK comes back because it's a weird limbo state.  

While Cin is not my favorite couple, at least in this story the writers are showing SOME degree of competence.  They've repeatedly emphasized that there is no real evidence that Ciara is dead.  That way, no matter what they choose to do with the characters, we'll be spared from another stupid -back-from-the-dead story.  I don't mind amnesia, held captive, just ran away, we've all just assumed someone couldn't survive or faked death (as long as they do the reveal that it was fake as it happens - a la Vivian's latest "funeral.")  While I love Rolf and his whole mad scientist vibe they REALLY need to stop with the whole bringing people back and the Stefano obsession.  Joe is dead, and his character should be allowed the dignity of being dead as well.  And once we see the actual dead person, who has been declared dead by (not bribed) medical personnel, the idea that Rolf can just use his magic elixer - especially HOURS after the fact of the death is just beyond stupid.  Especially since they don't really do anything with the characters when they bring them back anyway.  I loved Will, but he was really only brought back for the purpose of further ruining Sami's character by having her do things she would never do, and to (primarily) act as a prop for Ben's "redemption."   I want dead people to stay dead.

*rant over.*

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DaphneCat said:

While Cin is not my favorite couple, at least in this story the writers are showing SOME degree of competence.  They've repeatedly emphasized that there is no real evidence that Ciara is dead.  That way, no matter what they choose to do with the characters, we'll be spared from another stupid -back-from-the-dead story.  I don't mind amnesia, held captive, just ran away, we've all just assumed someone couldn't survive or faked death (as long as they do the reveal that it was fake as it happens - a la Vivian's latest "funeral.")  While I love Rolf and his whole mad scientist vibe they REALLY need to stop with the whole bringing people back and the Stefano obsession.  Joe is dead, and his character should be allowed the dignity of being dead as well.  And once we see the actual dead person, who has been declared dead by (not bribed) medical personnel, the idea that Rolf can just use his magic elixer - especially HOURS after the fact of the death is just beyond stupid.  Especially since they don't really do anything with the characters when they bring them back anyway.  I loved Will, but he was really only brought back for the purpose of further ruining Sami's character by having her do things she would never do, and to (primarily) act as a prop for Ben's "redemption."   I want dead people to stay dead.

*rant over.*

Best line of my binge watch goes to Nicole: "Salem should really get a new coroner."

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, SueB said:

Best line of my binge watch goes to Nicole: "Salem should really get a new coroner."

Salem should get a lot of new things.  Cops.  DNA testers.  Dogs that can sniff out differences in body doubles.  Some kind of machine that can detect implants that turn you into different people or somehow control you.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

So Rolf gave Kristen and then a Chad a Christmas picture of Stefano, Chad and Kristen. The only year in which those three would have spent Christmas together was in 2012 and it was by Skype only as Stefano was out of town.

As I remember Kristen did not return back to Salem (and meet her brothers EJ and Chad) until 2012 after decades of being gone. The next year she was on the run for raping Eric and then after that she was "dead" after Marlena pushed her out of window and then Stefano died. There were no other Christmases for this pretend photo.

And we are also to believe that Chad beat Stefano in a game of chess? He couldn't beat him in a game of tic tac toe even if Stefano let Chad take the first three turns.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

I don’t know that’s kind of a lie isn’t it ?  Especially if you are married.   

Pretty sure it's what they call a lie of omission. 

15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I did like Steve talking to Allie. He made her comfortable, did not judge her or anything. He also made the very valid point that someone else could have come in to Allie's apartment after Tripp left and that he was the one who assaulted her.

Agree, Steve did a great job. I had to wonder if he'd be better off going into business w/Marlena.  I also couldn't help but think that when Allie started to cry and get defensive with Steve that if she couldn't handle his gentle probing she's going to crack for sure on the witness stand with this civil court case where she lacks critical details of the event.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

So Rolf gave Kristen and then a Chad a Christmas picture of Stefano, Chad and Kristen. The only year in which those three would have spent Christmas together was in 2012 and it was by Skype only as Stefano was out of town.

As I remember Kristen did not return back to Salem (and meet her brothers EJ and Chad) until 2012 after decades of being gone. The next year she was on the run for raping Eric and then after that she was "dead" after Marlena pushed her out of window and then Stefano died. There were no other Christmases for this pretend photo.

And we are also to believe that Chad beat Stefano in a game of chess? He couldn't beat him in a game of tic tac toe even if Stefano let Chad take the first three turns.

And that photo looked so obviously photoshopped. lol  Of course, I'm highly skeptical of Rolf giving sincere gifts. It seems about as likely as the Grinch.  Rolf is more the type to have a sack full of brain chips and Stefano embryos to implant on Christmas Eve.  If he's not up to something, than that scene was a waste of time. Would have been funnier to see his Secret Santa exchange with Orpheus and Clyde. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

What is Lucas so busy with that he can't make the traditional ornament hanging?

Rolf even managed to come up with wrapping paper.

There was some awkwardness between Gwen and Anna.  I wonder if they know each other, somehow, even though Anna said she's never seen her before. And Gwen had her back turned as if she was trying to hide her face.

I can't think of Stefano ever being proud of anybody beating him at chess.

Love Anna's dress.

Rice Chex.  LOL

Gwen is another Philadelphia mob person.  I wonder if she knows Charlie and Ava.

Saul is suspect, if he likes Julie.

Can't Jennifer pull out a photo of Jack and ask Saul if it's him? At least Lucas has a brain.

Putting presents in bags is not "wrapping". I know this because bags are my go-to.

• Love 6

The scenes with everyone at the Dimera mansion were so fun. I am so grateful for this Gwen story. Now, if they can just give me what I want and make her big problem with Abigail be that Abigail cut in front of her in line at like Starbucks or something!

I hope they keep CM. She's more entertaining than MR.

LUCAS! 

So, Rolf's obviously photoshopped picture must be more than just a picture, right? 

Oh also, Lucas having a Jack headshot in his phone made me literally lol.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Agree, Steve did a great job. I had to wonder if he'd be better off going into business w/Marlena.  I also couldn't help but think that when Allie started to cry and get defensive with Steve that if she couldn't handle his gentle probing she's going to crack for sure on the witness stand with this civil court case where she lacks critical details of the event.

If Days was smart (and I know that's a rhetorical question) they would have Steve evolve from the adventurous life he once had and realize he can help people another way.  He could go into social work or help troubled youth(being one himself) this could open a ton of other storylines for him maybe he takes someone in that Kayla isn't entirely comfortable with but Steve has a blind spot for them etc.  I mean going on adventures as a 60 something is just sad to watch. I mean even GH knew that Robert couldn't be a spy at a certain point so they had him fall back on a law degree he previously had.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Rice Chex.  LOL

I think Ron's been watching Sixteen Candles. Pretty sure he stole the joke from a scene where they discuss having dinner w/the daughter who's getting married new in-laws, the Ryszczyks, to which her younger brother and father calls them the Rice Chexs.  

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

Anna, long time no see. You look fabulous and what an outfit! Tony looked debonair.

Gwen sure was hiding her face when Anna was trying to talk to her. And get info out of Agent Rice Chex. LOL. Something is up.

Gwen, way to go to get your boss under the mistletoe at Christmastime. How inappropriate. You could easily be let go. 

Expensive red tie for Jake. Too bad the bracelet didn't end up in Kate's room and was a 'gift' for Abigail and then Jake did the save and gave it to Gwen. Suuuuuuure.

Jennifer Rose Horton Deveraux, you are a woman in her 50s. It was stupid and juvenile for you to drag Lucas to the Salem Inn to see if your husband was there with Kate Roberts. It is none of your business who Kate Roberts sees in the hotel - business client or whatever. So the dude's name maybe started with a J. Unless the hotel is empty, the lobby would see hundreds of people per DAY. For a reporter, you came across as jealous and stupid. I'm sure Jack gave you a nice gift. Maybe some humble pie would be more appropriate. He is not cheating on you. He slipped up for a few hours when you were in a coma for a year and he had no idea if you would ever wake up. Dumb storyline. Abigail continues the dumb with her own storyline with Gwen.

Why would Dr. Rolf give Kristen and Chad a photo of themselves along with Stefano? What is in that photo? More mind control? Rolf just doesn't seem like the kind of dude who would drop off a sentimental present. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

And that photo looked so obviously photoshopped. lol 

It was so bad.  I think I could have done better.  

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

So, Rolf's obviously photoshopped picture must be more than just a picture, right? 

The funny thing would be if Dr Rolf was doing an experiment to see if Kristin and Chad were stupid enough to believe that picture actually happened...and they are.  

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hope they keep CM. She's more entertaining than MR.

She's a different interpretation of Jennifer but I love her being here.  If anything, I think Jennifer is too tame of a character for Cady McClain.  

I don't know why but whole thing with Lucas and Jennifer going to find Saul made me think of an episode of Three's Company, where Janet (Lucas) and Chrissy (Jennifer) spend their entire time trying to correct the tiniest of misunderstandings.

Can Gwen receiving Kate's Christmas gift finally push this Kate/Gwen rivalry I've been waiting for to No-Holds-Barred.  I want a blood bath!  *giggle*

How many episodes are we getting next week?  They're already on Christmas Eve!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

The funny thing would be if Dr Rolf was doing an experiment to see if Kristin and Chad were stupid enough to believe that picture actually happened...and they are. 

lol I hope this was why he did it!

How many episodes are we getting next week?  They're already on Christmas Eve!

It's new every day next week.

• Love 2

On 12/18/2020 at 8:42 PM, nilyank said:

Carlivati's incompetence is just shocking !!!!

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2020 at 7:57 PM, Frozendiva said:

Expensive red tie for Jake. Too bad the bracelet didn't end up in Kate's room and was a 'gift' for Abigail and then Jake did the save and gave it to Gwen. Suuuuuuure.

The thing that got me about this scene was why did no one push Gwen to explain why did she think the gift was for Abigail?!  Abby even said there's no tag, and there was NOTHING about the wrapping/box to indicate it was for:

1) a woman; or

2) Abigail specifically

We, the audience know why Gwen said it was for The Horton Princess, but no one else in that room knew why. So, so, so dumb!  Why not just as well assume the wrapped gift was for one of the kids?!  Again, the scene insults anyone with reasonable intelligence or common sense.

• Love 11
On 12/18/2020 at 6:50 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

If Days was smart (and I know that's a rhetorical question) they would have Steve evolve from the adventurous life he once had and realize he can help people another way.  He could go into social work or help troubled youth(being one himself) this could open a ton of other storylines for him maybe he takes someone in that Kayla isn't entirely comfortable with but Steve has a blind spot for them etc.  I mean going on adventures as a 60 something is just sad to watch. I mean even GH knew that Robert couldn't be a spy at a certain point so they had him fall back on a law degree he previously had.

He wouldn't even have to change his career. He could solve cases by interviews and digging up facts/evidence (that's mostly what detective work is anyways)  - especially since he can really pull off just wanting to get to the bottom of something without accusing anyone of wrongdoing.  They could have him and John on stake-outs with high tech equipment.  They could still be vital people with satisfying careers, just not ancient action heroes having chases, gun battles and fist fights.

• Love 7

The last thing Abby actually did on this show was be a rape victim and then got blamed by Gabi for being a rape victim and not being in her right mind, while Gabi then used that as an excuse for doing horrible things and then used a cop doing her job as an excuse for doing more horrible things.

The last thing Abby actually did to anyone was help EJ the rapist cheat on his rape victim and that was how long ago?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, katie9918 said:

The last thing Abby actually did to anyone was help EJ the rapist cheat on his rape victim and that was how long ago?

The last thing that Abby actually did was be boring, and that is always offensive to me on any soap.

• LOL 6

They have to be setting us up for a "Bonnie is Adrienne back from the dead" twist right? Because Justin went from crying at his wife's grave to kissing Bonnie in 2.2 seconds.

The Sarah/Xander "break up" is now gnawing on my last nerve. There's no way Philip isn't catching on, although Xander bringing Chloe to the party was a good wrench toss.

Kristin's flashback was... something. I love Cranky!Victor, and I get why she would want both he and Xander to suffer, but what has Maggie done, other than be married to Victor? She was a victim of their schemes too - and almost took her own life because of it.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It's interesting that none of the remaining DiMera family cares about the existence of Rachel. And neither does Brady's family.

Probably because Kristen/Brady are gross and Rachel is a forever reminder of that suck? She would have been better off remaining Mackenzie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

They have to be setting us up for a "Bonnie is Adrienne back from the dead" twist right? Because Justin went from crying at his wife's grave to kissing Bonnie in 2.2 seconds.

Even though I am avoiding the show because of Ava.  I saw the kissing scene between Justin and Bonnie today and after they shared a kiss Judy played it as if Bonnie had Adrienne peeking through her. It was a very subtle acting choice by her, it was all in her eyes so I do believe that Bonnie is really Adrienne..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Even though I am avoiding the show because of Ava.  I saw the kissing scene between Justin and Bonnie today and after they shared a kiss Judy played it as if Bonnie had Adrienne peeking through her. It was a very subtle acting choice by her, it was all in her eyes so I do believe that Bonnie is really Adrienne..

God, let it be so.

• Love 3